Ok guys well im about to go to my dads house.. so here was my breakfast

Saturday June 23

Breakfast
    -Scrambled Eggs
    -2 Eggs over easy
    -2 peices of whoale wheat toast
    -4 slices bacon
    -Nestea Iced Tea

Im going on a 2 hour ride so on the way i plan on eating a bannana and then on ar***** a protein shake. I will update you tonight with my thoughts, weight, and meals.:bb2:

2. New Member

okay guys so heres the rest of my days log..

Lunch
    -Bowl of Tomato Soup
    -2 Buffalo Wings
    -4 Mozerella Sticks
    -Spinich
    -Sprite

Later
    -Fish Oils
    -Mild Workout (jogged a bit and then did about 100 cruches)
    -Protein shake

Dinner
    - Chicken pot pie :-|
    - Gatorade

Thoughts
    So today i had to drive a couple hours to my dad.. defenitely was not fun.. but on a good note the light workout felt good and im pretty sure i ate pretty good today. Starting Monday (MY BIRTHDAY) i will be starting the new workout routine.. feeling REALLY GOOD right now ... all i have to do is call my girlfriend now (that usually takes a while) before i can go get some nice sleepy time :-o... tomorow i have to practice driving too so it will be my little day off (i will still take my appropriate supplements and eat right) and then hopefully monday i will pass my test.. my main goal though right now is that 20 pounds by august... i also found out today some big news ill talk about later i need your guys advice on it remind me!!
  3. New Member

looks like your eating enough cals keep it up.

chug whey between meals.
    •   

4. New Member

Ok guys i considered today my day off.. tomorow being my birthday and the first day of the new real workout plan.. i tried to just take it easy today..

Wake up time : 2:00 P.M. - I have to stop this from happening from here on my girlfriend kept me up untill 5 A.M. .. from now on strict bed time of 12:00 and strict wake up at 10:00 (hmm were is that alarm)

So here is my meals

3:00 (whatever that is )
    -5 pepridge farm cookies
    -Sour patch kids (they were sitting there all lonely )
    -Bannana

4:00
    -Protein shake (weigh Isopure)
    -Fish Oils (Omega 3)

7:00
    - 1 Filet Steak (small)
    - Mash
    - Rice

Later i plan to have my protein shake...

Thoughts

.. ahhh i know i really did bad today but i know I'm a dedicated person and i will stay on track from now on.. tomorow begins my N.O. Ex-plode, Cell Mass, Nitrix, Arginine stack (of course with protein shake) .. also my new work out plan cant wait happy birthday to me!! hopefully i pass my drivers test tomorow also on another note... hmm i want eggs tomorow morning BIG BREAKFAST!
  5. New Member

happy birthday to me
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

1. Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

2. Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

3. Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

4. Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

5. Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

6. Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

7. Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

Most importantly do you see the order of these things?

Exercises: Compound movements i.e. two arm two leg exercises.

1. Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

2. Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two if you can do 15 add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

3. Leg press

4. Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

5. Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.

This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!
    Last edited by neoborn; 07-27-2007 at 10:32 PM.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

neo...some decent little tid bits in there...but i disagree with a lot of what your just wrote...

1. different workout regimines work. 5x5 is a good method.

2. time in gym is dependent on your routine. just don't waste time. but take your time when exercising as well, injuries happen when you don't conentrate on form.

3. protein before working out is a good idea, but food is ideal. afterworking out, eating a solid meal within 1 hr is optimal for growth.

4. Creatine is best taken before and after working out.

5. 5-6 meals is correct. I don't like the 1gram per lb idea. I go for more like 1.5 to 2 per lbs. Don't rely on shakes. Your final meal shouldn't be a psot workout shake.

A good rule is to keep carbs high in the morning and taper down through your day. But around workouts kick them up a bit. Protein should stay constant throughout your day. Fats I like to taper up during the day, but they are definitely benificial at night.

6. Sleep is important, I agree.

7. That order doesn't make complete sense. You should take a multi before anything as it promotes general health. Then move to whey, then to creatine. Fat supps are pretty optional at your age.

...Basing your workouts around the three major lifts (Deadlifts, Bench Press, Squats) are a very good idea. Isolation or accesory movements are good as well. But seeing as how you are trying to gain weight, I'd say stick to these three movements as your core, then expand with other compound movements (i.e. military press, dips, ect.)
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    neo...some decent little tid bits in there...but i disagree with a lot of what your just wrote...

1. different workout regimines work. 5x5 is a good method.

2. time in gym is dependent on your routine. just don't waste time. but take your time when exercising as well, injuries happen when you don't conentrate on form.

3. protein before working out is a good idea, but food is ideal. afterworking out, eating a solid meal within 1 hr is optimal for growth.

4. Creatine is best taken before and after working out.

5. 5-6 meals is correct. I don't like the 1gram per lb idea. I go for more like 1.5 to 2 per lbs. Don't rely on shakes. Your final meal shouldn't be a psot workout shake.

A good rule is to keep carbs high in the morning and taper down through your day. But around workouts kick them up a bit. Protein should stay constant throughout your day. Fats I like to taper up during the day, but they are definitely benificial at night.

6. Sleep is important, I agree.

7. That order doesn't make complete sense. You should take a multi before anything as it promotes general health. Then move to whey, then to creatine. Fat supps are pretty optional at your age.

...Basing your workouts around the three major lifts (Deadlifts, Bench Press, Squats) are a very good idea. Isolation or accesory movements are good as well. But seeing as how you are trying to gain weight, I'd say stick to these three movements as your core, then expand with other compound movements (i.e. military press, dips, ect.)
    Do this and you will grow. Hey iron what are you personal stats if you don't mind me asking?
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

goto my training log in my sig and it's one of my last posts...i just took all kinds of measurements this past weekend.
  10. New Member

Cool

AHHH guys im sorry but guess what i got as a suprise today!!? A VACATION TOMOROW... ughh i guess i will re-start this next monday through the summer.. Well ill post my log tonight and then i should be able to get in tuesdays workout tomorow morning.. thanks for the pointers guys.. see you tomorow morning then next monday through
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

I believe I posted this before and you said the same thing Pump ....lol. I hear you but for someone getting started "different regimes work" doesn't get them going

I will update my little suggestion list with your input and make it even better than this....that way I won't have to reply to your post everytime I post this
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

did i really? thats pretty funny.

but i dont see your logic in thinking different lifting routines not working...for either the beginner or the advanced lifter.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

did i really? thats pretty funny.

but i dont see your logic in thinking different lifting routines not working...for either the beginner or the advanced lifter.
    I think you misunderstand me, which is easy as sometimes I suck at commuicatering.

My point was that I could not just tell him " go grab a routine as most work" I preferred to give him something to start with and then he can find his way from there. It's easy if you have a starting point.

Here is the updated version:

1. Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

2. Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

3. Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

4. Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide ( with post workout shake ). Both before and after workout.

5. Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

6. Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

7. Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

Most importantly do you see the order of these things?

Exercises: Compound movements i.e. two arm two leg exercises.

1. Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

2. Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two if you can do 15 add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

3. Leg press

4. Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

5. Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.

This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!

/hijacking of this thread
    Last edited by neoborn; 06-25-2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Pumping Iron pissing and moaning wah wah wah - jk ; )
  14. New Member

Well guys im back from my trip and what other way to get home then to get a GREAT workout in ... ok so this is a little mini- log out of laziness tomorow i will resume my full logs tomorow ..

Supplements
    -Isopure Protein
    -N.O. Ex-plode
    (came home late didnt take supplements with me.. my stomach would have bursed if i took post-workout cell mass)

Dinner
    -Pulled Pork Sandwich (typing this makes me want to hurl right now)
    -Fries
    -Icecream

Workout
    -DEADLIFTS (omg i love them guys 1st night doing em I FEEL IT ) 5 sets of 15,12,12,10,10 reps
    -Squats 4 sets of 13,10,10,8 reps
    -Leg Curls 4 sets of 10,8,8,8 (ouch i felt these )
    -Timed Dumbell Hold Ups 2 45 second holds on 15 pounds
    -Bench (i havent worked out in a long time i thought i would throw in some upper body) 4 sets of 12,10,10,8
    Note I did warm up weights on all heavy workouts

Weight

Notes

EXTREMELY happy to be back and working out and im happy with my weight gradually increasing todays workout was definitely my favorite ever.. tomorow i will be back on my supplements and ready to roar ! see you guys tomorow.!
  15. New Member

there was alot of smiley faces in my last post haha
  16. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inchamery View Post
    there was alot of smiley faces in my last post haha
    try mixing it up like this

OR

OR EVEN

ok i'm done!

for good now!
  17. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf45 View Post
    try mixing it up like this

OR

OR EVEN

ok i'm done!

for good now!
    hahaha
  18. New Member

I'm 38. I used to be in the same position. I actually was lighter at your age and not as strong. The best way to gain wieght at your age without doing anything that will hurt you is to ... eat 6 midsize high carb & protein meals a day. Lift heavy six days a week. Work each body part twice and rest one full day. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a day or more. You'll put on good weight that you can then rip/cut later. You could also do a protein weight gainer (research for a good brand) ... There is a lot of bull**** out there that isn't real good for you and will do the same as good nutrition.
  19. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcarracedo View Post
    I'm 38. I used to be in the same position. I actually was lighter at your age and not as strong. The best way to gain wieght at your age without doing anything that will hurt you is to ... eat 6 midsize high carb & protein meals a day. Lift heavy six days a week. Work each body part twice and rest one full day. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a day or more. You'll put on good weight that you can then rip/cut later. You could also do a protein weight gainer (research for a good brand) ... There is a lot of bull**** out there that isn't real good for you and will do the same as good nutrition.
    I forgot to mention. Lift HEAVY! (try to have a spot).

Squats in particular do not only work on the legs ... To some degree every muscle in your body is involved when perform correctly. You could put on good weight doing squats. I am trying to bulk up. I'm pretty lean (170lb .. 5' 9" lean muscle). I do eight sets everytime I squat. However, I do take it a little easier than I used to. I've hurt my back a couple of time. BE SURE to have a good belt when you squat.
  20. New Member

I do not recommend dead lifts or military shoulder presses behind the head.
  21. New Member

ahh soo much different opinions... i think im going to stick with 5 day a week with a 1 light workout day.. i'll stick to my workout plan but lift heavy as said once i do 2 or so warm up sets.. also i am trying my best to eat its just so hard :'( can anyone recomend some quick eating alternatives (Hungry man, lean quizine ETC??)
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

I do not recommend dead lifts or military shoulder presses behind the head.
    Ummm, why wouldn't you recomment deads? They could possible be best lift...
  23. Senior Member

I have to agree with Pumping Iron, deadlifts are arguably the best lift and at worst the second best lift just behind squats.

As to Inchamery dude, I feel for you. When I graduated high school I was 5'11, nearly 6'0 actually, and 140lbs dripping wet. I didn't start gaining weight until about my junior year of college when I started lifting a couple of days a week and by the time I graduated college I was 175-180lbs. So with a decent diet, and a pretty good plan you can probably gain about the same. I'd forget about the steroids until you're out of college at the least. Good luck to you bro.
  24. New Member

Ummm, why wouldn't you recomment deads? They could possible be best lift...
    Deads are probably one of the most risky excercises as far hurting your back. You could get the same results with other excercises. As I said, I'm 38 and have been working out since I was 16 ... I've seen lots of people hurt themselves doing deads. You have to be careful ... too careful if you ask me.

Just a precaution for a young guy starting off ... as he gets stronger ... maybe at an in his mid-twenties he could start doing deads but they are not necessary ... squats (although also risky) will slow down his metabolism and give him the weight gaves he wants.
  25. New Member

Deads are probably one of the most risky excercises as far hurting your back. You could get the same results with other excercises. As I said, I'm 38 and have been working out since I was 16 ... I've seen lots of people hurt themselves doing deads. You have to be careful ... too careful if you ask me.

Just a precaution for a young guy starting off ... as he gets stronger ... maybe at an in his mid-twenties he could start doing deads but they are not necessary ... squats (although also risky) will slow down his metabolism and give him the weight gaves he wants.
    Yeah they hurt themselves doing deadlifts wrong. I pull over 2.5x my bodyweight and I have never had a problem with back issues. In fact, when I do odd object lifting and functional stuff like moving large objects at work (motors, etc) I feel safe knowing that my lower back is extremely strong.

Squats don't slow your metabolism down. They just pack a lot of muscle on your legs and lower back.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

I think you need to concetrate on form no matter what stage you are at in your training...So deadlift and squat away.
  27. New Member

Could Hungry man meals and lean quiizines be good alt. meals?
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

The sodium content in Lean Cuisine is insane and Hungry man has high sodium, sugar and fat content.

Why not prepare meals in advance?
  29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The sodium content in Lean Cuisine is insane and Hungry man has high sodium, sugar and fat content.

Why not prepare meals in advance?
  30. New Member

true.. well my my mom is going shopping today maybe i should make a eating schedule.. okay well im off to write it !
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

you're 17...you're definitely old enough to start eating right and taking some responsibility in what goes into your body. I know it's a pain with the parents and everything though, but if they pay for your groceries then you have it made...I spend way to much every month at costco and bj's
  32. New Member

can anyone recomend a good cereal?
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Granola and Yogurt(even though its high in sugar)? Oats? Kashi makes some decent cereals too.
  34. New Member

I will be updating tonite with pictures after my workout
  35. New Member

Ok heres todays log

Supplements
    9 Nitrix 3 upon wake up , 3 afternoon, 3 night inbetween meals
    2 Isopure Protein drinks inbetween meals
    1 N.O Explode (pre- workout)
    1 Cellmass drink (Post)
    1 L-Arginine pill (between Breakfast and Lunch)

Meals
    Raisin Bran + Bannana = breakfast
    2 Self-Serve Pizza's = Lunch
    Chicken and Mash = Dinner

Currently munching on 8 hershey kisses for 230 cals.. and i think ill have 2 eggo waffles before bed time

Workout
    Max Effort Bench 3 Sets (Forgot the reps i think like 10,7,4)
    Skull Crushers 4 sets of 12,10,10,8 reps
    Shrugs 4 sets of 15,15,10,10
    Inclined Push ups 3 sets of 10,10,8
    Regular Bicep curls 4 sets of 10,10,8,8
    Ab workout
    30 rope climbers
    90 regular crutches
    6 inches
    (am i doing enough for abs)

Weight

Thoughts
    Well im definitely putting on weight but today i found out i am takin a 3 week trip to england july 20th WTF DO I DO??!?!?!?!?!!? is there like a push up workout i should be doing? My auntie feeds me well but should i try and bring supplements and idk one of the stretchy rope things to curl?? HELP!!!! Would i even be alowed supplements through customs? I WANT TO KEEP MY WORKOUT GOING.

Pics

36. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inchamery View Post
    UPDATED WITH PICS
    My situation : Alright i'm currently a highschool senior who is looking to gain some weight , although still be somewhat "ripped" .. Right now i'm at:

Weight: 143
    Max Press: 180

I would like to by the end of the summer be able to gain about 20 pounds. I am currently stacking BSN N.O. Ex-plode, BSN Cellmass starting today i will also be taking Nitrix and Strawberry-Vanilla Isopure (protein 2 drinks a day).

I am currently working out about 5 times a week , pairing Biceps and chest, and back and tri-ceps into 4 of the days (bi-chest,tri-back two different days) and then 1 day of legs. I will be posting my work out as done. I have currently gained about 5 pounds over a month. I am 5'11 may I add i really shot up so its time to shoot out and look good doing it.

EDIT

New work out Regiment :
    Mon-Fri Westside (for skinny bastards)
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm

Over the coure of this any advice or guidance will be accepted and appreciated greatly!:bb:

todays dinner:
    12 Buffalo Wings, Wild Rice soup .. i went out to eat

Later on:
    1 H-drol, 1 isopure two scoop shake.

Workout: None Today.. one of my two days off

Tomorow: Triceps and Back main focus

will keep updated
    where ur bros play ball @?
  37. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigPHusers11 View Post
    where ur bros play ball @?
    1 doesnt play anymore and one plays at wesley
  38. New Member

guess who
  39. New Member

well ill log again monday see y'all
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.

Where have you been brother? I was really intrested in this log!

Similar Forum Threads

1. My GAINS will be GOLDEN (Sponsered Log)
    By tattoopierced1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 07:38 AM
  2. Is my routine good? I'm gaining weight but only fat
    By bugmenot in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 07:36 PM
  3. Gaining strength while cutting fat log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 06:17 AM
  4. Replies: 20