My gaining weight while looking good log

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
UPDATED WITH PICS
My situation : Alright i'm currently a highschool senior who is looking to gain some weight , although still be somewhat "ripped" .. Right now i'm at:

Weight: 143
Max Press: 180

I would like to by the end of the summer be able to gain about 20 pounds. I am currently stacking BSN N.O. Ex-plode, BSN Cellmass starting today i will also be taking Nitrix and Strawberry-Vanilla Isopure (protein 2 drinks a day).

I am currently working out about 5 times a week , pairing Biceps and chest, and back and tri-ceps into 4 of the days (bi-chest,tri-back two different days) and then 1 day of legs. I will be posting my work out as done. I have currently gained about 5 pounds over a month. I am 5'11 may I add i really shot up so its time to shoot out and look good doing it.

EDIT

New work out Regiment :
Mon-Fri Westside (for skinny bastards)
http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm

Over the coure of this any advice or guidance will be accepted and appreciated greatly!:bb:

todays dinner:
12 Buffalo Wings, Wild Rice soup .. i went out to eat

Later on:
1 H-drol, 1 isopure two scoop shake.

Workout: None Today.. one of my two days off

Tomorow: Triceps and Back main focus

will keep updated

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
hey man i have the same goal! but im a sophmore. but you really wanna gain weight? then SQUAT and DEADLIFT. best lifts to stimulate the MOST muscle fibers in the WHOLE body. trust me they work. try not to work your bi's and tri's so close to each other. give about a good 5 days so they can grow while they recover. Also avoid Sat. Fat but stil consume a healthy amount of normal fat. but the STACK sounds awesome! also try to eat near 300 grams of protien daily.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
hey man i have the same goal! but im a sophmore. but you really wanna gain weight? then SQUAT and DEADLIFT. best lifts to stimulate the MOST muscle fibers in the WHOLE body. trust me they work. try not to work your bi's and tri's so close to each other. give about a good 5 days so they can grow while they recover. Also avoid Sat. Fat but stil consume a healthy amount of normal fat. but the STACK sounds awesome! also try to eat near 300 grams of protien daily.

Hey i really apreciate your advice but how often should i be doing squats and deadlifts? I do squats when i work out my legs, but should i incorporate it more? .. i never do deadlifts.. but if you think it will help i should start..?:think:

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
My situation : Alright i'm currently a highschool senior who is looking to gain some weight , although still be somewhat "ripped" .. Right now i'm at:

Weight: 143
Max Press: 180

I would like to by the end of the summer be able to gain about 20 pounds. I am currently stacking BSN N.O. Ex-plode, BSN Cellmass starting today i will also be taking H-drol (1 pill a day 30 day regiment) and Strawberry-Vanilla Isopure (protein 2 drinks a day).

I am currently working out about 5 times a week , pairing Biceps and chest, and back and tri-ceps into 4 of the days (bi-chest,tri-back two different days) and then 1 day of legs. I will be posting my work out as done. I have currently gained about 7 pounds over a month. I am 5'11 may I add i really shot up so its time to shoot out and look good doing it.

Over the coure of this any advice or guidance will be accepted and appreciated greatly!:bb:

todays dinner:
12 Buffalo Wings, Wild Rice soup .. i went out to eat

Later on:
1 H-drol, 1 isopure two scoop shake.

Workout: None Today.. one of my two days off

Tomorow: Triceps and Back main focus

will keep updated

Hey man do even know what H-DROL is? being that young and taking a steroid is gonna fcuk you up in the long run. do you have PCT lined up? IMO and probably almost everybody elses is, your not even close to your genetic potential. Seriously stop taking H-DROL now! you can still gain alot naturally.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Ok guys so i just got my workout for day 2

Breakfast
-Bannana
-2 peices of white toast
-1 isopure shake
(wasnt really hungry :blink: )
Pre Workout:
15 min. on speedbag

Workout (friday):
Back and Tri's

- Pull Downs 4 sets of 10 (first set 15 reps)
- Extended pushups 3 sets of 10 reps
- Squat 4 sets of 10 reps

- Kickbacks 3 sets of 10 reps
- Skull Crusher 3 sets of 10 reps
- Tricep extensions 3 sets of 10 reps

Abs
3 sets of 10 rope climbers
3 sets of 30 basic cruches
1 minute 7 inches
(i need help with what i should be doing on abs!)

Well any criticism or help is accepted please respond!!

- Tonight i will post the rest of the days meal etc.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Hey man do even know what H-DROL is? being that young and taking a steroid is gonna fcuk you up in the long run. do you have post cycle therapy lined up? IMO and probably almost everybody elses is, your not even close to your genetic potential. Seriously stop taking H-DROL now! you can still gain alot naturally.
Its my brothers and my step father who are encouraging me to take it :gas: .. my brothers are both 200 pound college football players .. one is buff and one is ripped.. they bought h-drol for me saying i can reach my goal with it in the stack.. so i dont know what they would do if i stopped ? My brothers say if anything creatine in N.O. Ex-plode and Cellmass will mess up my kidneys and that is the most dangerous thing? .. well i think your smart so can you give me some more advice are my brothers just whacko?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its my brothers and my step father who are encouraging me to take it :gas: .. my brothers are both 200 pound college football players .. one is buff and one is ripped.. they bought h-drol for me saying i can reach my goal with it in the stack.. so i dont know what they would do if i stopped ? My brothers say if anything creatine in N.O. Ex-plode and Cellmass will mess up my kidneys and that is the most dangerous thing? .. well i think your smart so can you give me some more advice are my brothers just whacko?
yes they are. wait til your 21.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
All i can say is WOW. man stop the h-drol right now do you even know what pct is? Your step dad and brothers are not giving you good advice.You are no where near your genetic potential and you are to young to do steroids. If you start doing steroids now you will never know what your body can do naturally. You will have a mind set that allows you to believe that the only way you can gain muscle with anabolics.
Drop the hdrol and just eat about 6 meals a day.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Taking AAS at a young age (probaly 17 or 18) you will fuse the growth plates, preventing future growth, as well as the possibility of messing up your hormones for the rest of your life.

You wouldn't want your little guy to be mad at your forever, would you?

Also, at your age, your Natural Test levels are at thier peak, and gaining naturally is the easiest thing in the world. If you don't you will need to use Steroids as a crutch for future gains.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
And yea, your brothers/step father don't seem like the best people to be taking future advice from in the realm of nutrition/supplementation.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Changing your work out program can help alot also

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Taking anabolic steroids at a young age (probaly 17 or 18) you will fuse the growth plates, preventing future growth, as well as the possibility of messing up your hormones for the rest of your life.

You wouldn't want your little guy to be mad at your forever, would you?

Also, at your age, your Natural Test levels are at thier peak, and gaining naturally is the easiest thing in the world. If you don't you will need to use Steroids as a crutch for future gains.
ok guys im going to drop the h-drol

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
So i took two H-drol's.. thanks to your help that will be dropped.. what about Nitrix though ? Stacked with N.O. Ex-plode, Cell mass and Isopure.. What do y'all think?

Should i J.off to stop my testosterone levels from being too high?? i know that sounds extra weird but ?? (I REALLY APRECIATE YOUR GUYS GUIDANCE :)!!!! )

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
when doing squats and deadlifts. do 1 warmup set, 1 moderate set and 2 HEAVY sets. u WILL feel sore the next couple of days if done correctly. just do them once a week

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
So i took two H-drol's.. thanks to your help that will be dropped.. what about Nitrix though ? Stacked with N.O. Ex-plode, Cell mass and Isopure.. What do y'all think?

Should i J.off to stop my testosterone levels from being too high?? i know that sounds extra weird but ?? (I REALLY APRECIATE YOUR GUYS GUIDANCE :)!!!! )
Thats funny...thank you for that.

But in all honesty, helping yourself out won't effect your testosterone levels either way.

You want them high. It's definitely going to help you achieve your goals.

I wish I could help out with the supplementation but I'm not really that familiar with BSN's line. It's a little too expensive for my tastes.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Thats funny...thank you for that.

But in all honesty, helping yourself out won't effect your testosterone levels either way.

You want them high. It's definitely going to help you achieve your goals.

I wish I could help out with the supplementation but I'm not really that familiar with BSN's line. It's a little too expensive for my tastes.
still gonna j.off :hammer:

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
still gonna j.off :hammer:

lmao:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: haha nice. but theres no order needed. Squats monday deadlifts tuesday or wedensday or sunday no order. just allow 5-7 days for recovry. but do those sets and reps in that order

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Be careful with dead and squats being one day after another. They work similar body parts.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
1) your routine sucks
2) your 17?
3) you weigh 140 lbs.

H-Drol is oral turinabol. It probably shouldn't even be legal. Its a steroid. Your stepfather and brothers are idiots for advocating that a 17 year old who only weighs 140 lbs take a anabolic steroid.

At your age and weight, you could probably get to 165 by the end of the summer just from jacking off.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
nitrix=pump- look bigger
no nitrix=no pump- look normal

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
why is it dumb looking? that link is pretty out there. my friend

personally your routine is fine man.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
he had squats and deadlifts on same day, multiple days of triceps but minimal compound exercises which are mass builders, and so on.

Inchamery, I used that routine a year ago so i could get caught up for powerlifting, then i did a pure westside routine which is similar but very powerlifting specific. now im just doing a bodybuilding thing so I can look good :)
Defranco knows what hes talking about, its very effective and proven.
When defranco refers to max effort, he means you do a few warmup sets and then you do your main, so assuming you bench 180, you would do:
45x10, 115x5 and then your set of 165x5

Then you do the assistance exercises to add volume.
Take execrises that you like from his list, here would be a sample setup:
Day1:
Max effort Bench
Dumbbell press with palms facing
Cable row
cable Rope facepull
abs

day 2:
ass to grass squat - warmup, then max set (you would switch this to deadlifts every couple weeks as needed)
lunges
leg curl
grip stuff

Day 3:
bench rep 135 as many times as possible
skullcrushers
pullups
shoulder press
barbell curls
abs

so for all the exercises that arent max sets, basically everything that follows the first exercise, you would do high reps on. rotate stuff around to get variety every few weeks.

happy building!

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
he had squats and deadlifts on same day, multiple days of triceps but minimal compound exercises which are mass builders, and so on.

Inchamery, I used that routine a year ago so i could get caught up for powerlifting, then i did a pure westside routine which is similar but very powerlifting specific. now im just doing a bodybuilding thing so I can look good :)
Defranco knows what hes talking about, its very effective and proven.
When defranco refers to max effort, he means you do a few warmup sets and then you do your main, so assuming you bench 180, you would do:
45x10, 115x5 and then your set of 165x5

Then you do the assistance exercises to add volume.
Take execrises that you like from his list, here would be a sample setup:
Day1:
Max effort Bench
Dumbbell press with palms facing
Cable row
cable Rope facepull
abs

day 2:
ass to grass squat - warmup, then max set (you would switch this to deadlifts every couple weeks as needed)
lunges
leg curl
grip stuff

Day 3:
bench rep 135 as many times as possible
skullcrushers
pullups
shoulder press
barbell curls
abs

so for all the exercises that arent max sets, basically everything that follows the first exercise, you would do high reps on. rotate stuff around to get variety every few weeks.

happy building!
:head:

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Drop the the cell mass and buy you some bulk creatine mono. You can save 20+ dollars and take in more creatine per serving. Your definitely not going to get anything out of that cell mass that is going to justify the 20+ dollars if you even get anything at all over Cmono. Also drop the no xplode and nitrix. What are you taking them for? The "pump"? Whats this pump doing for you? I have yet to see anything benificial about taking a NO product. If you want a "pump" grab a 10lb DB and curl it 100 times. If you want something that is going to aid your muscles i would invest that wasted 60+ bucks in some BCAAs and a multi. If your diet and work out and sleep is in check then you should be growing like a weed.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Drop the the cell mass and buy you some bulk creatine mono. You can save 20+ dollars and take in more creatine per serving. Your definitely not going to get anything out of that cell mass that is going to justify the 20+ dollars if you even get anything at all over Cmono. Also drop the no xplode and nitrix. What are you taking them for? The "pump"? Whats this pump doing for you? I have yet to see anything benificial about taking a NO product. If you want a "pump" grab a 10lb DB and curl it 100 times. If you want something that is going to aid your muscles i would invest that wasted 60+ bucks in some BCAAs and a multi. If your diet and work out and sleep is in check then you should be growing like a weed.
seeing im broke ill finish out the cell mass and N.O. after that ill take up on what you told me

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
damn!!!! i come back and this thread is blown up. well inchamery i guess that pretty much sums it up. :D

glad you decided to stop the h-drol, it would not be good!

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
damn!!!! i come back and this thread is blown up. well inchamery i guess that pretty much sums it up. :D

glad you decided to stop the h-drol, it would not be good!

thank you and i will continue to post my workout / diet routine :)

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Update on today
- June 22 Friday

Lunch (2:00 P.M.)
Had 2 Peanut Butter and Jelly's with water

5:00
-Protein shake

Dinner (6:00)
Bowl of Wheat Pasta with Red Sauce and Permeasan
Bottle of Gatorade Rain

Current Weight Status
145.6 hmmm 2 pounds more then yesterday mornings weigh in ... but will it stay

Current thoughts: Overall today was good.. I learned my new workout routine which i will be starting monday.. got some good advice and also dropped the h-drol.
It was also a very welcoming suprise to step on the scale and look down at a 2+ pound improvement (idk if i will pee it out though). Hopefully with my new routine i should be able to push on the pounds. I thank everyone for there help so far and look forward to the coming weeks.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
Update on today
- June 22 Friday

Lunch (2:00 P.M.)
Had 2 Peanut Butter and Jelly's with water

5:00
-Protein shake

Dinner (6:00)
Bowl of Wheat Pasta with Red Sauce and Permeasan
Bottle of Gatorade Rain

Current Weight Status
145.6 hmmm 2 pounds more then yesterday mornings weigh in ... but will it stay

Current thoughts: Overall today was good.. I learned my new workout routine which i will be starting monday.. got some good advice and also dropped the h-drol.
It was also a very welcoming suprise to step on the scale and look down at a 2+ pound improvement (idk if i will pee it out though). Hopefully with my new routine i should be able to push on the pounds. I thank everyone for there help so far and look forward to the coming weeks.
dude your dinner should include some protein. The whole wheat pasta is great but i would have it with a chicken breast or some fish. try to eat 40 - 50g of protein at each meal along with your carbs.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
dude your dinner should include some protein. The whole wheat pasta is great but i would have it with a chicken breast or some fish. try to eat 40 - 50g of protein at each meal along with your carbs.
Yeah man up that protein.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
just remember i can't control every aspect of what my mom makes the family for dinner, but i will nevertheless try my hardest

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
just remember i can't control every aspect of what my mom makes the family for dinner, but i will nevertheless try my hardest
Grab some protein powder. On Gold standard is a good one that taste good.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Tell her you want some meat balls or sausage with your pasta...

or swig a protein shake, like others said....

Try and eat a few snacks in between meals, and before bed too..

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Ok guys well im about to go to my dads house.. so here was my breakfast

Saturday June 23

Breakfast
-Scrambled Eggs
-2 Eggs over easy
-2 peices of whoale wheat toast
-4 slices bacon
-Nestea Iced Tea

Im going on a 2 hour ride so on the way i plan on eating a bannana and then on arrival a protein shake. I will update you tonight with my thoughts, weight, and meals.:bb2:

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
okay guys so heres the rest of my days log..

Lunch
-Bowl of Tomato Soup
-2 Buffalo Wings
-4 Mozerella Sticks
-Spinich
-Sprite

Later
-Fish Oils
-Mild Workout (jogged a bit and then did about 100 cruches)
-Protein shake

Dinner
- Chicken pot pie :-|
- Gatorade

Thoughts
So today i had to drive a couple hours to my dad.. defenitely was not fun.. but on a good note the light workout felt good and im pretty sure i ate pretty good today. Starting Monday (MY BIRTHDAY) i will be starting the new workout routine.. feeling REALLY GOOD right now :) ... all i have to do is call my girlfriend now (that usually takes a while) before i can go get some nice sleepy time :-o... tomorow i have to practice driving too so it will be my little day off (i will still take my appropriate supplements and eat right) and then hopefully monday i will pass my test.. my main goal though right now is that 20 pounds by august... i also found out today some big news ill talk about later i need your guys advice on it remind me!!

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
looks like your eating enough cals :) keep it up.

chug whey between meals.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Ok guys i considered today my day off.. tomorow being my birthday and the first day of the new real workout plan.. i tried to just take it easy today..

Wake up time : 2:00 P.M. - I have to stop this from happening from here on my girlfriend kept me up untill 5 A.M. .. from now on strict bed time of 12:00 and strict wake up at 10:00 (hmm were is that alarm) :aargh:

So here is my meals

3:00 (whatever that is :( )
-5 pepridge farm cookies
-Sour patch kids (they were sitting there all lonely :gas: )
-Bannana

4:00
-Protein shake (weigh Isopure)
-Fish Oils (Omega 3)

7:00
- 1 Filet Steak (small)
- Mash
- Rice

Later i plan to have my protein shake...

Thoughts

.. ahhh i know i really did bad today :( but i know I'm a dedicated person and i will stay on track from now on.. tomorow begins my N.O. Ex-plode, Cell Mass, Nitrix, Arginine stack (of course with protein shake) .. also my new work out plan :) cant wait happy birthday to me!! hopefully i pass my drivers test tomorow also on another note... hmm i want eggs tomorow morning :) BIG BREAKFAST!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
1. Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

2. Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

3. Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

4. Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

5. Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

6. Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

7. Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

Most importantly do you see the order of these things?

Exercises: Compound movements i.e. two arm two leg exercises.

1. Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

2. Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two if you can do 15 add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

3. Leg press

4. Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

5. Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.

This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!

Last edited:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
neo...some decent little tid bits in there...but i disagree with a lot of what your just wrote...

1. different workout regimines work. 5x5 is a good method.

2. time in gym is dependent on your routine. just don't waste time. but take your time when exercising as well, injuries happen when you don't conentrate on form.

3. protein before working out is a good idea, but food is ideal. afterworking out, eating a solid meal within 1 hr is optimal for growth.

4. Creatine is best taken before and after working out.

5. 5-6 meals is correct. I don't like the 1gram per lb idea. I go for more like 1.5 to 2 per lbs. Don't rely on shakes. Your final meal shouldn't be a psot workout shake.

A good rule is to keep carbs high in the morning and taper down through your day. But around workouts kick them up a bit. Protein should stay constant throughout your day. Fats I like to taper up during the day, but they are definitely benificial at night.

6. Sleep is important, I agree.

7. That order doesn't make complete sense. You should take a multi before anything as it promotes general health. Then move to whey, then to creatine. Fat supps are pretty optional at your age.

...Basing your workouts around the three major lifts (Deadlifts, Bench Press, Squats) are a very good idea. Isolation or accesory movements are good as well. But seeing as how you are trying to gain weight, I'd say stick to these three movements as your core, then expand with other compound movements (i.e. military press, dips, ect.)

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
neo...some decent little tid bits in there...but i disagree with a lot of what your just wrote...

1. different workout regimines work. 5x5 is a good method.

2. time in gym is dependent on your routine. just don't waste time. but take your time when exercising as well, injuries happen when you don't conentrate on form.

3. protein before working out is a good idea, but food is ideal. afterworking out, eating a solid meal within 1 hr is optimal for growth.

4. Creatine is best taken before and after working out.

5. 5-6 meals is correct. I don't like the 1gram per lb idea. I go for more like 1.5 to 2 per lbs. Don't rely on shakes. Your final meal shouldn't be a psot workout shake.

A good rule is to keep carbs high in the morning and taper down through your day. But around workouts kick them up a bit. Protein should stay constant throughout your day. Fats I like to taper up during the day, but they are definitely benificial at night.

6. Sleep is important, I agree.

7. That order doesn't make complete sense. You should take a multi before anything as it promotes general health. Then move to whey, then to creatine. Fat supps are pretty optional at your age.

...Basing your workouts around the three major lifts (Deadlifts, Bench Press, Squats) are a very good idea. Isolation or accesory movements are good as well. But seeing as how you are trying to gain weight, I'd say stick to these three movements as your core, then expand with other compound movements (i.e. military press, dips, ect.)
Do this and you will grow. Hey iron what are you personal stats if you don't mind me asking?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
goto my training log in my sig and it's one of my last posts...i just took all kinds of measurements this past weekend.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
AHHH guys im sorry but guess what i got as a suprise today!!? A VACATION TOMOROW... ughh i guess i will re-start this next monday through the summer.. Well ill post my log tonight and then i should be able to get in tuesdays workout tomorow morning.. thanks for the pointers guys.. see you tomorow morning then next monday through