My gaining weight while looking good log

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    Drop the the cell mass and buy you some bulk creatine mono. You can save 20+ dollars and take in more creatine per serving. Your definitely not going to get anything out of that cell mass that is going to justify the 20+ dollars if you even get anything at all over Cmono. Also drop the no xplode and nitrix. What are you taking them for? The "pump"? Whats this pump doing for you? I have yet to see anything benificial about taking a NO product. If you want a "pump" grab a 10lb DB and curl it 100 times. If you want something that is going to aid your muscles i would invest that wasted 60+ bucks in some BCAAs and a multi. If your diet and work out and sleep is in check then you should be growing like a weed.
    seeing im broke ill finish out the cell mass and N.O. after that ill take up on what you told me


  2. damn!!!! i come back and this thread is blown up. well inchamery i guess that pretty much sums it up.

    glad you decided to stop the h-drol, it would not be good!
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by sdmf45 View Post
    damn!!!! i come back and this thread is blown up. well inchamery i guess that pretty much sums it up.

    glad you decided to stop the h-drol, it would not be good!

    thank you and i will continue to post my workout / diet routine

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Inchamery View Post
    thank you and i will continue to post my workout / diet routine
    good job man. you're gonna grow like mad. :squat:

  5. Update on today
    - June 22 Friday

    Lunch (2:00 P.M.)
    Had 2 Peanut Butter and Jelly's with water

    5:00
    -Protein shake

    Dinner (6:00)
    Bowl of Wheat Pasta with Red Sauce and Permeasan
    Bottle of Gatorade Rain

    Current Weight Status
    145.6 hmmm 2 pounds more then yesterday mornings weigh in ... but will it stay


    Current thoughts: Overall today was good.. I learned my new workout routine which i will be starting monday.. got some good advice and also dropped the h-drol.
    It was also a very welcoming suprise to step on the scale and look down at a 2+ pound improvement (idk if i will pee it out though). Hopefully with my new routine i should be able to push on the pounds. I thank everyone for there help so far and look forward to the coming weeks.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Inchamery View Post
    Update on today
    - June 22 Friday

    Lunch (2:00 P.M.)
    Had 2 Peanut Butter and Jelly's with water

    5:00
    -Protein shake

    Dinner (6:00)
    Bowl of Wheat Pasta with Red Sauce and Permeasan
    Bottle of Gatorade Rain

    Current Weight Status
    145.6 hmmm 2 pounds more then yesterday mornings weigh in ... but will it stay


    Current thoughts: Overall today was good.. I learned my new workout routine which i will be starting monday.. got some good advice and also dropped the h-drol.
    It was also a very welcoming suprise to step on the scale and look down at a 2+ pound improvement (idk if i will pee it out though). Hopefully with my new routine i should be able to push on the pounds. I thank everyone for there help so far and look forward to the coming weeks.
    dude your dinner should include some protein. The whole wheat pasta is great but i would have it with a chicken breast or some fish. try to eat 40 - 50g of protein at each meal along with your carbs.
  7. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by sdmf45 View Post
    dude your dinner should include some protein. The whole wheat pasta is great but i would have it with a chicken breast or some fish. try to eat 40 - 50g of protein at each meal along with your carbs.
    Yeah man up that protein.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by sdmf45 View Post
    dude your dinner should include some protein. The whole wheat pasta is great but i would have it with a chicken breast or some fish. try to eat 40 - 50g of protein at each meal along with your carbs.
    just remember i can't control every aspect of what my mom makes the family for dinner, but i will nevertheless try my hardest

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Inchamery View Post
    just remember i can't control every aspect of what my mom makes the family for dinner, but i will nevertheless try my hardest
    Grab some protein powder. On Gold standard is a good one that taste good.

  10. Tell her you want some meat balls or sausage with your pasta...

    or swig a protein shake, like others said....

    Try and eat a few snacks in between meals, and before bed too..
    •   
       


  11. Ok guys well im about to go to my dads house.. so here was my breakfast

    Saturday June 23


    Breakfast
    -Scrambled Eggs
    -2 Eggs over easy
    -2 peices of whoale wheat toast
    -4 slices bacon
    -Nestea Iced Tea

    Im going on a 2 hour ride so on the way i plan on eating a bannana and then on arrival a protein shake. I will update you tonight with my thoughts, weight, and meals.:bb2:

  12. okay guys so heres the rest of my days log..

    Lunch
    -Bowl of Tomato Soup
    -2 Buffalo Wings
    -4 Mozerella Sticks
    -Spinich
    -Sprite

    Later
    -Fish Oils
    -Mild Workout (jogged a bit and then did about 100 cruches)
    -Protein shake

    Dinner
    - Chicken pot pie :-|
    - Gatorade

    Thoughts
    So today i had to drive a couple hours to my dad.. defenitely was not fun.. but on a good note the light workout felt good and im pretty sure i ate pretty good today. Starting Monday (MY BIRTHDAY) i will be starting the new workout routine.. feeling REALLY GOOD right now ... all i have to do is call my girlfriend now (that usually takes a while) before i can go get some nice sleepy time :-o... tomorow i have to practice driving too so it will be my little day off (i will still take my appropriate supplements and eat right) and then hopefully monday i will pass my test.. my main goal though right now is that 20 pounds by august... i also found out today some big news ill talk about later i need your guys advice on it remind me!!

  13. looks like your eating enough cals keep it up.

    chug whey between meals.

  14. Ok guys i considered today my day off.. tomorow being my birthday and the first day of the new real workout plan.. i tried to just take it easy today..

    Wake up time : 2:00 P.M. - I have to stop this from happening from here on my girlfriend kept me up untill 5 A.M. .. from now on strict bed time of 12:00 and strict wake up at 10:00 (hmm were is that alarm)

    So here is my meals

    3:00 (whatever that is )
    -5 pepridge farm cookies
    -Sour patch kids (they were sitting there all lonely )
    -Bannana

    4:00
    -Protein shake (weigh Isopure)
    -Fish Oils (Omega 3)

    7:00
    - 1 Filet Steak (small)
    - Mash
    - Rice

    Later i plan to have my protein shake...

    Thoughts

    .. ahhh i know i really did bad today but i know I'm a dedicated person and i will stay on track from now on.. tomorow begins my N.O. Ex-plode, Cell Mass, Nitrix, Arginine stack (of course with protein shake) .. also my new work out plan cant wait happy birthday to me!! hopefully i pass my drivers test tomorow also on another note... hmm i want eggs tomorow morning BIG BREAKFAST!

  15. happy birthday to me

  16. 1. Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

    2. Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

    3. Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

    4. Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

    5. Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

    6. Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

    7. Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

    Most importantly do you see the order of these things?

    Exercises: Compound movements i.e. two arm two leg exercises.

    1. Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

    2. Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two if you can do 15 add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

    3. Leg press

    4. Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

    5. Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.

    This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!
    Last edited by neoborn; 07-28-2007 at 12:32 AM.

  17. neo...some decent little tid bits in there...but i disagree with a lot of what your just wrote...

    1. different workout regimines work. 5x5 is a good method.

    2. time in gym is dependent on your routine. just don't waste time. but take your time when exercising as well, injuries happen when you don't conentrate on form.

    3. protein before working out is a good idea, but food is ideal. afterworking out, eating a solid meal within 1 hr is optimal for growth.

    4. Creatine is best taken before and after working out.

    5. 5-6 meals is correct. I don't like the 1gram per lb idea. I go for more like 1.5 to 2 per lbs. Don't rely on shakes. Your final meal shouldn't be a psot workout shake.

    A good rule is to keep carbs high in the morning and taper down through your day. But around workouts kick them up a bit. Protein should stay constant throughout your day. Fats I like to taper up during the day, but they are definitely benificial at night.

    6. Sleep is important, I agree.

    7. That order doesn't make complete sense. You should take a multi before anything as it promotes general health. Then move to whey, then to creatine. Fat supps are pretty optional at your age.



    ...Basing your workouts around the three major lifts (Deadlifts, Bench Press, Squats) are a very good idea. Isolation or accesory movements are good as well. But seeing as how you are trying to gain weight, I'd say stick to these three movements as your core, then expand with other compound movements (i.e. military press, dips, ect.)

  18. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    neo...some decent little tid bits in there...but i disagree with a lot of what your just wrote...

    1. different workout regimines work. 5x5 is a good method.

    2. time in gym is dependent on your routine. just don't waste time. but take your time when exercising as well, injuries happen when you don't conentrate on form.

    3. protein before working out is a good idea, but food is ideal. afterworking out, eating a solid meal within 1 hr is optimal for growth.

    4. Creatine is best taken before and after working out.

    5. 5-6 meals is correct. I don't like the 1gram per lb idea. I go for more like 1.5 to 2 per lbs. Don't rely on shakes. Your final meal shouldn't be a psot workout shake.

    A good rule is to keep carbs high in the morning and taper down through your day. But around workouts kick them up a bit. Protein should stay constant throughout your day. Fats I like to taper up during the day, but they are definitely benificial at night.

    6. Sleep is important, I agree.

    7. That order doesn't make complete sense. You should take a multi before anything as it promotes general health. Then move to whey, then to creatine. Fat supps are pretty optional at your age.



    ...Basing your workouts around the three major lifts (Deadlifts, Bench Press, Squats) are a very good idea. Isolation or accesory movements are good as well. But seeing as how you are trying to gain weight, I'd say stick to these three movements as your core, then expand with other compound movements (i.e. military press, dips, ect.)
    Do this and you will grow. Hey iron what are you personal stats if you don't mind me asking?

  19. goto my training log in my sig and it's one of my last posts...i just took all kinds of measurements this past weekend.
  20. Cool


    AHHH guys im sorry but guess what i got as a suprise today!!? A VACATION TOMOROW... ughh i guess i will re-start this next monday through the summer.. Well ill post my log tonight and then i should be able to get in tuesdays workout tomorow morning.. thanks for the pointers guys.. see you tomorow morning then next monday through

  21. I believe I posted this before and you said the same thing Pump ....lol. I hear you but for someone getting started "different regimes work" doesn't get them going

    I will update my little suggestion list with your input and make it even better than this....that way I won't have to reply to your post everytime I post this

  22. did i really? thats pretty funny.

    but i dont see your logic in thinking different lifting routines not working...for either the beginner or the advanced lifter.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    did i really? thats pretty funny.

    but i dont see your logic in thinking different lifting routines not working...for either the beginner or the advanced lifter.
    I think you misunderstand me, which is easy as sometimes I suck at commuicatering.

    My point was that I could not just tell him " go grab a routine as most work" I preferred to give him something to start with and then he can find his way from there. It's easy if you have a starting point.

    Here is the updated version:

    1. Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

    2. Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

    3. Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

    4. Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide ( with post workout shake ). Both before and after workout.

    5. Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

    6. Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

    7. Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

    Most importantly do you see the order of these things?

    Exercises: Compound movements i.e. two arm two leg exercises.

    1. Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

    2. Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two if you can do 15 add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

    3. Leg press

    4. Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

    5. Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.

    This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!

    /hijacking of this thread
    Last edited by neoborn; 06-25-2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Pumping Iron pissing and moaning wah wah wah - jk ; )

  24. Well guys im back from my trip and what other way to get home then to get a GREAT workout in ... ok so this is a little mini- log out of laziness tomorow i will resume my full logs tomorow ..

    Supplements
    -Isopure Protein
    -N.O. Ex-plode
    (came home late didnt take supplements with me.. my stomach would have bursed if i took post-workout cell mass)

    Dinner
    -Pulled Pork Sandwich (typing this makes me want to hurl right now)
    -Fries
    -Icecream

    Workout
    -DEADLIFTS (omg i love them guys 1st night doing em I FEEL IT ) 5 sets of 15,12,12,10,10 reps
    -Squats 4 sets of 13,10,10,8 reps
    -Leg Curls 4 sets of 10,8,8,8 (ouch i felt these )
    -Timed Dumbell Hold Ups 2 45 second holds on 15 pounds
    -Bench (i havent worked out in a long time i thought i would throw in some upper body) 4 sets of 12,10,10,8
    Note I did warm up weights on all heavy workouts

    Weight
    146.5

    Notes

    EXTREMELY happy to be back and working out and im happy with my weight gradually increasing todays workout was definitely my favorite ever.. tomorow i will be back on my supplements and ready to roar ! see you guys tomorow.!

  25. there was alot of smiley faces in my last post haha

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Inchamery View Post
    there was alot of smiley faces in my last post haha
    try mixing it up like this



    OR



    OR EVEN



    ok i'm done!

    for good now!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by sdmf45 View Post
    try mixing it up like this



    OR



    OR EVEN



    ok i'm done!

    for good now!
    hahaha

  28. I'm 38. I used to be in the same position. I actually was lighter at your age and not as strong. The best way to gain wieght at your age without doing anything that will hurt you is to ... eat 6 midsize high carb & protein meals a day. Lift heavy six days a week. Work each body part twice and rest one full day. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a day or more. You'll put on good weight that you can then rip/cut later. You could also do a protein weight gainer (research for a good brand) ... There is a lot of bull**** out there that isn't real good for you and will do the same as good nutrition.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by rcarracedo View Post
    I'm 38. I used to be in the same position. I actually was lighter at your age and not as strong. The best way to gain wieght at your age without doing anything that will hurt you is to ... eat 6 midsize high carb & protein meals a day. Lift heavy six days a week. Work each body part twice and rest one full day. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a day or more. You'll put on good weight that you can then rip/cut later. You could also do a protein weight gainer (research for a good brand) ... There is a lot of bull**** out there that isn't real good for you and will do the same as good nutrition.
    I forgot to mention. Lift HEAVY! (try to have a spot).

    Squats in particular do not only work on the legs ... To some degree every muscle in your body is involved when perform correctly. You could put on good weight doing squats. I am trying to bulk up. I'm pretty lean (170lb .. 5' 9" lean muscle). I do eight sets everytime I squat. However, I do take it a little easier than I used to. I've hurt my back a couple of time. BE SURE to have a good belt when you squat.

  30. I do not recommend dead lifts or military shoulder presses behind the head.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My GAINS will be GOLDEN (Sponsered Log)
    By tattoopierced1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 09:38 AM
  2. Is my routine good? I'm gaining weight but only fat
    By bugmenot in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
  3. Gaining strength while cutting fat log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 08:17 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Log in
Log in