My gaining weight while looking good log
- 06-22-2007, 03:35 PM
- 06-22-2007, 03:37 PM
why is it dumb looking? that link is pretty out there. my friend
personally your routine is fine man.
06-22-2007, 03:46 PM
he had squats and deadlifts on same day, multiple days of triceps but minimal compound exercises which are mass builders, and so on.
Inchamery, I used that routine a year ago so i could get caught up for powerlifting, then i did a pure westside routine which is similar but very powerlifting specific. now im just doing a bodybuilding thing so I can look good
Defranco knows what hes talking about, its very effective and proven.
When defranco refers to max effort, he means you do a few warmup sets and then you do your main, so assuming you bench 180, you would do:
45x10, 115x5 and then your set of 165x5
Then you do the assistance exercises to add volume.
Take execrises that you like from his list, here would be a sample setup:
Max effort Bench
Dumbbell press with palms facing
cable Rope facepull
ass to grass squat - warmup, then max set (you would switch this to deadlifts every couple weeks as needed)
bench rep 135 as many times as possible
so for all the exercises that arent max sets, basically everything that follows the first exercise, you would do high reps on. rotate stuff around to get variety every few weeks.
06-22-2007, 03:50 PM
06-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Drop the the cell mass and buy you some bulk creatine mono. You can save 20+ dollars and take in more creatine per serving. Your definitely not going to get anything out of that cell mass that is going to justify the 20+ dollars if you even get anything at all over Cmono. Also drop the no xplode and nitrix. What are you taking them for? The "pump"? Whats this pump doing for you? I have yet to see anything benificial about taking a NO product. If you want a "pump" grab a 10lb DB and curl it 100 times. If you want something that is going to aid your muscles i would invest that wasted 60+ bucks in some BCAAs and a multi. If your diet and work out and sleep is in check then you should be growing like a weed.
06-22-2007, 03:59 PM
06-22-2007, 04:13 PM
damn!!!! i come back and this thread is blown up. well inchamery i guess that pretty much sums it up.
glad you decided to stop the h-drol, it would not be good!
06-22-2007, 04:18 PM
06-22-2007, 06:21 PM
06-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Update on today
- June 22 Friday
Lunch (2:00 P.M.)
Had 2 Peanut Butter and Jelly's with water
Bowl of Wheat Pasta with Red Sauce and Permeasan
Bottle of Gatorade Rain
Current Weight Status
145.6 hmmm 2 pounds more then yesterday mornings weigh in ... but will it stay
Current thoughts: Overall today was good.. I learned my new workout routine which i will be starting monday.. got some good advice and also dropped the h-drol.
It was also a very welcoming suprise to step on the scale and look down at a 2+ pound improvement (idk if i will pee it out though). Hopefully with my new routine i should be able to push on the pounds. I thank everyone for there help so far and look forward to the coming weeks.
06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
06-22-2007, 11:58 PM
06-23-2007, 12:26 AM
06-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Tell her you want some meat balls or sausage with your pasta...
or swig a protein shake, like others said....
Try and eat a few snacks in between meals, and before bed too..
06-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Ok guys well im about to go to my dads house.. so here was my breakfast
Saturday June 23
-2 Eggs over easy
-2 peices of whoale wheat toast
-4 slices bacon
-Nestea Iced Tea
Im going on a 2 hour ride so on the way i plan on eating a bannana and then on arrival a protein shake. I will update you tonight with my thoughts, weight, and meals.:bb2:
06-23-2007, 11:21 PM
okay guys so heres the rest of my days log..
-Bowl of Tomato Soup
-2 Buffalo Wings
-4 Mozerella Sticks
-Mild Workout (jogged a bit and then did about 100 cruches)
- Chicken pot pie :-|
So today i had to drive a couple hours to my dad.. defenitely was not fun.. but on a good note the light workout felt good and im pretty sure i ate pretty good today. Starting Monday (MY BIRTHDAY) i will be starting the new workout routine.. feeling REALLY GOOD right now ... all i have to do is call my girlfriend now (that usually takes a while) before i can go get some nice sleepy time :-o... tomorow i have to practice driving too so it will be my little day off (i will still take my appropriate supplements and eat right) and then hopefully monday i will pass my test.. my main goal though right now is that 20 pounds by august... i also found out today some big news ill talk about later i need your guys advice on it remind me!!
06-24-2007, 12:58 PM
06-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Ok guys i considered today my day off.. tomorow being my birthday and the first day of the new real workout plan.. i tried to just take it easy today..
Wake up time : 2:00 P.M. - I have to stop this from happening from here on my girlfriend kept me up untill 5 A.M. .. from now on strict bed time of 12:00 and strict wake up at 10:00 (hmm were is that alarm)
So here is my meals
3:00 (whatever that is )
-5 pepridge farm cookies
-Sour patch kids (they were sitting there all lonely )
-Protein shake (weigh Isopure)
-Fish Oils (Omega 3)
- 1 Filet Steak (small)
Later i plan to have my protein shake...
.. ahhh i know i really did bad today but i know I'm a dedicated person and i will stay on track from now on.. tomorow begins my N.O. Ex-plode, Cell Mass, Nitrix, Arginine stack (of course with protein shake) .. also my new work out plan cant wait happy birthday to me!! hopefully i pass my drivers test tomorow also on another note... hmm i want eggs tomorow morning BIG BREAKFAST!
06-25-2007, 12:09 PM
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
1. Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )
2. Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr
3. Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr
4. Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.
5. Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.
6. Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )
7. Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc
Most importantly do you see the order of these things?
Exercises: Compound movements i.e. two arm two leg exercises.
1. Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.
2. Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two if you can do 15 add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze
3. Leg press
4. Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.
5. Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.
This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!
Last edited by neoborn; 07-27-2007 at 11:32 PM.
06-25-2007, 01:18 PM
neo...some decent little tid bits in there...but i disagree with a lot of what your just wrote...
1. different workout regimines work. 5x5 is a good method.
2. time in gym is dependent on your routine. just don't waste time. but take your time when exercising as well, injuries happen when you don't conentrate on form.
3. protein before working out is a good idea, but food is ideal. afterworking out, eating a solid meal within 1 hr is optimal for growth.
4. Creatine is best taken before and after working out.
5. 5-6 meals is correct. I don't like the 1gram per lb idea. I go for more like 1.5 to 2 per lbs. Don't rely on shakes. Your final meal shouldn't be a psot workout shake.
A good rule is to keep carbs high in the morning and taper down through your day. But around workouts kick them up a bit. Protein should stay constant throughout your day. Fats I like to taper up during the day, but they are definitely benificial at night.
6. Sleep is important, I agree.
7. That order doesn't make complete sense. You should take a multi before anything as it promotes general health. Then move to whey, then to creatine. Fat supps are pretty optional at your age.
...Basing your workouts around the three major lifts (Deadlifts, Bench Press, Squats) are a very good idea. Isolation or accesory movements are good as well. But seeing as how you are trying to gain weight, I'd say stick to these three movements as your core, then expand with other compound movements (i.e. military press, dips, ect.)
06-25-2007, 03:21 PM
06-25-2007, 03:23 PM
goto my training log in my sig and it's one of my last posts...i just took all kinds of measurements this past weekend.
06-25-2007, 03:54 PM
AHHH guys im sorry but guess what i got as a suprise today!!? A VACATION TOMOROW... ughh i guess i will re-start this next monday through the summer.. Well ill post my log tonight and then i should be able to get in tuesdays workout tomorow morning.. thanks for the pointers guys.. see you tomorow morning then next monday through
Similar Forum Threads
- By A AesthetiX in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-02-2016, 07:11 PM
- By JerryC in forum Bodybuilding Contest PreperationReplies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2015, 11:32 AM
- By tattoopierced1 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 36Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:38 AM
- By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 178Last Post: 04-11-2008, 07:17 AM
- By Rodja in forum Workout LogsReplies: 20Last Post: 07-31-2007, 02:46 PM