Confessions of a stim junkie - sponsored Reset AD log

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to give you some background, I'm a software engineer, and have been in the industry working for companies that sell their software for more than 10 years. Multiple pots of coffee a day are the norm, trying to maintain focus and concentration (and heck even just stay awake staring at lines of code). Prior to that I was in convenience store management, and means 12-14 hour days, often covering midnight shifts for employees who don't show.

I can't recall a day where you wouldn't have been able to measure my caffeine intake in grams. 3 Monster lo carbs or Rockstar sugar frees a day are a part of my normal routine to just stay awake. Ephedrine minithins used to be my friend. Even in terms of weightlifting supps, the boost from 1 1/2 scoops of NO-Shotgun only lasts 15 minutes or so.

So here I am trying to get cut, get my weight in general under control, and start gaining muscle mass. I'm screwed. The levels of anything stimwise I have to take to notice them are nearly at reckless doses. I started the "coffee with musclemilk" thread, to see if that seemed reasonable to do on top of all the other stims...

But Palo Alto Labs has the solution, Reset AD. Its meant to reset your glandular systems responses to stims. Sounds exactly like what I needed, and have needed for a looooong time. Particularly now, I'm in week 6 of the 12 week Body For Life challenge, and I'm a little below my target for this point. I could really use stims working again, to help shed the pounds and give me that boost in the gym. Palo Alto was looking for loggers and so the timing is perfect!

The bottle + label are nice and professional, and the cap is childproof. I wish more supps had child proof caps. The dosing instructions say 1 in the morning, 1 afternoon but for extreme adrenal fatigue take up to 3 total a day. I'll need to get Palo Alto's input on what timing for 3, but I believe thats what I'll need to go with.

As far as this log goes, I'm going to try to keep it relegated to a discussion of how stims are working for me, and any other feelings that go along those lines (headaches, that fuzzy goose pimples feeling, "medicine head", etc). My other logs have all the fun workout information if you want to see just how psycho I am. For quick recap at the beginning here

• I'm doing approx 1300 calories a day in food intake, at 85% protein, 15% fat, trace carbs
  • I'm doing 1000 calories of excersize total - strength + cardio, measured by heart rate monitor mornings 6 days a week, and another 300-350 evenings 6 days a week
  • Stim wise I take in 3 energy drinks a day, approx 48-64 oz of coffee, workout days 1 1/2 scoops of NO-Shotgun, plus 4 caps of Shred-XS split as 2/2. Due to allergies, I also occasionally take ephedrine or psuedoephedrine allergy meds as needed, not regularly. Actually, theres probably more stims in something else I take too, I just can't recall.
  • I sleep about 5-6 fitfull hours a night, in 1 1/2 to 2 hour chunks
  • I'm trying to reach a single digit BF (10% would be ok) by Aug 6, currently at approx 21-22%. I don't care whether its by adding muscle, loosing fat, or something in the middle, I just want definition. Really its about the 12 week transformation...
Thats me. And I just popped my first Reset AD, coincidentally washing it down with a Monster Energy Low Carb. Hopefully it doesn't create a black hole ;) I'll try and add new entries daily!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Damn man... you are a stim junkie!!!

Dosing: 1 am, 1 in the afternoon, 1 in the evening.
Just so we are on the same page, this will HELP, but it will not be the cureall in a situation such as yours. Hopefully it will quickly lower some of your tolerance so you can start to taper down the dosing of stims.

1300 cals a day and no carbs????? no wonder you need stims.. id be a zombie at that rate. do you carb up or cheat, or is this constant?

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Yeh...holy hell with the stim abuse...your DEF the perfect canidate. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn man... you are a stim junkie!!!

Dosing: 1 am, 1 in the afternoon, 1 in the evening.
Just so we are on the same page, this will HELP, but it will not be the cureall in a situation such as yours. Hopefully it will quickly lower some of your tolerance so you can start to taper down the dosing of stims.

1300 cals a day and no carbs????? no wonder you need stims.. id be a zombie at that rate. do you carb up or cheat, or is this constant?
My hopes are that I can start ramping downwards in stim use, and get it all under control in the next couple months.

Actually my energy isn't particularly lower when i'm on restricted carbs, oddly enough. I do carb up one day a week, but its still all complex carbs, and probably even that one day its lower than most people on this boards daily intake (100-150g kind of range). I've been maintaining this since February :p but i've lost about 40 pounds of fat in that time.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
That is pretty low in calories... How tall are you?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is pretty low in calories... How tall are you?
5'9" Anything much higher than that calorie wise and I get no loss at all, at 1800-2000 calories I stay stable. I've been all desk jobs for 10+ years now, and partially because of arthritis (and partially idiocy) as well haven't been very physically active outside of work either. I've always been endomorphic. If I wanted to pile on muscle right instead right now, it would be relatively easy. I bet I could add 1-2 pounds of lean mass a week easily, if I wasn't concerned with how much fat I had on me. Just the way my body has always worked.

Part of it as well is to also try and maximize results during my body for life challenge, so just a little over 6 weeks left. I think the Reset AD is going to help a lot, whether its just getting the stims to work again at all, or make them closer to how they should be working.

As a general update, I definitely noticed that first Reset AD :) not sure whether it was downing it with the monster energy in general, or maybe the carbonation, but its now 2 hrs later and i'm still tingly in the scalp and have had that nervous jittery style energy i haven't seen in a loooooooong time. The only other stim I took in that time span was the Shred-XS. I can't wait to see how it works out tomorrow pre-workout. That will be a completely empty stomach dose. I think i'll just do a 1 scoop of the NO-Shotgun too, just to be safe :)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
...Reset AD is going to help a lot....
Woah. Stop right there. :blink:
Someone actually knows hot to spell 'a lot'. :clap2:

Anywhooo, whatever works for you. I couldn't do 1300kcal a day. I would probably store more fat and loose LBM. That is why I ask.

Good luck with the challenge. Also, I love taking my Reset with Poseidon.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this how the rest of you feel?

just got back from upper body workout. Wheeeeooooo. I only took 1 scoop of NO-Shotgun too, to be on the safe side vs my normal 1 1/2 scoops. The only other change was that I threw 5g of regular creatine monohydrate into my protein mix that I drink during the workout, so no real change other than the Reset AD and lowering the no shotgun dose.

Damn. I got dizzy towards the tail end of bench presses (which is the first excersize I do). I was exerting myself so hard. The last rep of the last set was astounding. I raised weights on at least 1 set in everything, and on all sets for a few excersizes. It was completely nuts. What was really interesting was that my heart rate stayed in its normal ranges for the strength portion (bounces from 120-170) and the recovery rate was normal too.

Pretty well took it out of me though, that hard of an upper body workout, and I had to struggle to complete the 1000 calories for the morning in cardio. That plus I think the evening Body Sculpting With Gilad sessions are leaving my legs a little overworked. Either way, I sacked up and made it through it. Boy was I happy when the watch ticked over 1000 cals.

Really liking Reset AD so far, its made a noticeable difference in less than 24 hours, which is freaky to me. One question I have though is life of effects. If someone takes Reset AD for a given length of time with no stims, is there a permanent reset of the adrenal glands ? Either way, at its pricing its worth me taking daily, it will save me a fortune in energy drinks :) at 3 a day currently, cheapest are cases of Monster Energy at sams club for $24, so $3 a day, and Reset AD is less than half that.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Damn man... u burn 1000 calories in cardio

and youre eating 1300 a day? yikes!!!! i guess as long as it works for you, then i wont question it!!

GREAT to hear youre having progress ALREADY!!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn man... u burn 1000 calories in cardio

and youre eating 1300 a day? yikes!!!! i guess as long as it works for you, then i wont question it!!

GREAT to hear youre having progress ALREADY!!!!
Works is debatable, man am i beat, but i'm recomping fast :) its actually as high as 1300 on cardio days, and 400-500 from strength workout + 800-900 on crdio other days. Cause its 1k in the mornings, another 300 or so evenings. Crazy.

thank god I have a jacuzzi bathtub.

So does the desensitizing stick with you after stopping taking Reset AD ? At least for a while?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
So does the desensitizing stick with you after stopping taking Reset AD ? At least for a while?
What should happen is that your adrenal health will slowly be restored. Healthy adrenal glands will not tolerate stims to much extent.. so by lowering the dose of energy drinks and stims that you consume, you are allowing your adrenal glands to repair themselves.... its a long and slow process.. nothing overnight.

As your adrenals are repaired, they will eventually be virginal again.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
EJ, I just want to applaud you for your resolve man. It is an awesome thing to observe and really inspiring to me. Are you where you want to be? no....but you are REALLY motivated to become what you want to be, and I just want ya to know I see that and its contagious ;)

Anyways, keep up the good work man, and remember the longer you take Reset....try to begin to slowly lower your overall stims...eventually you will be able to get "jacked" on a LOT less.

Right here with you the whole time my friend, and I really do wish you the best :thumbsup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, last nite was 960 calories worth of Total Body Sculpting with Gilad (3 episodes) after already having done 1k in the morning. The Reset AD is definitely helping keep the effectiveness of the stims higher, as I feel good and energetic all the time. My total stim intake yesterday finally was below 1g of caffeine :) I'm tapering it, rather than cut it all at once.

Down to 205 now, loss has restarted, and I think a big part of it is that Reset AD is helping the stims work again. Seems to be a great support tool, regardless of whether you are cutting/recomping or bulking really, as it does make the stims you are taking that much more effective. So for bulking, it would help give something like NO Shotgun give you that much more intensity and focus in the gym, or in this case, its helping the Shred-XS keep my energy level high on a low calorie diet plan.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing too new today, I tried my strength workout without the no-shotgun, and it was good, but by using all my natural concentration up on the strength part I had nothing left for cardio. I hit 620 calories tho, so not all bad. Later in the evening I did another 420, so 1040 cals burned for the day, and today was a light eating day for no particular reason, so i'm good.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing too exciting today either. I am sleeping longer now, and actually making it to being woken up by the alarm clock now rather than being up every hour anyhow and just eventually getting up. Definitely something new for me without me using sleeping meds :) Today was a 1730 calories in cardio day, i'm going to be using a lot of ben gay + aspercreme tonite :p

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Bro since getting on Reset I, too have been noticing serioualy deeper sleep, and wanting to sleep in longer into the morning.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not much new to report, I'm down to only taking stims as they relate to fat burners, plus maybe 1 energy drink/ 16oz of coffee a day, still same overall energy levels. Just in the cost savings of energy drinks or other stims, Reset AD pays for itself

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick update - continuing to get some really good sleep last few days. Energy levels are staying pretty high with minimal stims. I think total intake yesterday was a small cup of coffee in the morning (more for its bathroom qualities), plus 2 Shred XS during the day. I might have had a low carb Monster Energy, i can't recall for sure. Still way below my intake of a month ago. Spent the afternoon running around at Adventure Island, Busch Garden's waterpark. I had plenty of energy, was forced to carry my 3 year old around a bunch as she's like that :)

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Quick update - continuing to get some really good sleep last few days. Energy levels are staying pretty high with minimal stims. I think total intake yesterday was a small cup of coffee in the morning (more for its bathroom qualities), plus 2 Shred XS during the day. I might have had a low carb Monster Energy, i can't recall for sure. Still way below my intake of a month ago. Spent the afternoon running around at Adventure Island, Busch Garden's waterpark. I had plenty of energy, was forced to carry my 3 year old around a bunch as she's like that :)
Nice way to spend an afternoon! I love Busch Gardens.. Im usually there 2x a year... I havent been to Adventure Island in quite some time thou. Great to hear that energy was there even without the typical stim regimine!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We keep the platinum passes, gives you entry into all busch + seaworld parks. Our house is under 20 miles from busch so its handy. And the platinum passes give you preferred parking free (right by the handicapped spaces) so there are times where we'll go just for an hour or two in the afternoons.

As an update for today, I decided to try not using the NO shotgun again, but took in a bit of carbs instead pre-workout. I managed to stay even with and slightly increase a couple of weights. So the Reset AD is really helping, and the cumulative effect over time is good too. I think i'm going to leave the no shotgun off for good now. Its the difference between walking into the gym with my heart rate under 70 vs over 90, and i'll take the under 70.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was another day without NO-shotgun, and i'm now definitely retiring it officially. Today I hit a PR in standing calf raises, 6@315. Reset AD is definitely letting me cut back bit by bit on stims, and still maintain my energy/drive. At the current rate, i should be able to be pretty well stim free and fully functional within the next month or two. Hard to beleive given where I was just a few weeks ago.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I was curious about this to.. since starting reset ad my sleep has been insane. I have nice vivid dreams and i want to sleep alot longer. Is this a normal side and what is causing it ?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is for me as well, and seems to be pretty common. I think it is sort of expected. As your adrenals start to get closer to normal functioning, and you take in less stims, it would be easier to sleep.

Stims always have perpetuated that vicious circle - giving you the energy during the day but making it hard to sleep so you aren't rested so you need stims to make it thru the day.

There may be more to it than that, I'm sure a PAL rep will chime in by tomorrow.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
It is for me as well, and seems to be pretty common. I think it is sort of expected. As your adrenals start to get closer to normal functioning, and you take in less stims, it would be easier to sleep.

Stims always have perpetuated that vicious circle - giving you the energy during the day but making it hard to sleep so you aren't rested so you need stims to make it thru the day.

There may be more to it than that, I'm sure a PAL rep will chime in by tomorrow.
When I had adrenal fatigue last year... part of the problem was that my adrenals were so messed up, my body was just
'buzzed' all day... then at night, it was impossible to sleep... my internal clock didnt know how or when to slow down and start the sleep process.

Your body sort of relies on taking short 'breaks' throughout the day, while you may not realize it, your mind needs to zone out here and there and unwind... if only USA took an afternoon siesta like its common in Mexico and Latin influenced countries!

My point is, when you are hopped up all day on stimulants, when its time to sleep, your body is beyond exhausted, and your sleep cycle often suffers. CNS stimulants are great, but only when used sparingly.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
We keep the platinum passes, gives you entry into all busch + seaworld parks. Our house is under 20 miles from busch so its handy. And the platinum passes give you preferred parking free (right by the handicapped spaces) so there are times where we'll go just for an hour or two in the afternoons.
Every year I opt for the Florida Fun Saver Pass when Im in Busch around May/June. I usually get back eventually when all of the tourists return back north and the lines are nonexistent. Not bad for $60, but I do end up footing the bill for parking ($10) each day.. no biggy thou. Ive got a buddy who lives right off Hillsborough and 275 so no hotel needed. all in all its a fun and cheap get-away...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Short update, dave has been invited (on another thread) to a BBQ and tequila sampling at my house next time he's in tampa (I've got around 6-8 different types of tequila in the house at all times, probably total dollar cost in the $400 range), and Reset AD is my new best friend.

Yesterday was the lightest i've done stimwise in I don't know how long. No coffee in the morning, just the shred-xs as stims all day. Around dinnertime i did have a monster energy low carb, but that was mostly because the turkey I was roasting wasn't ready as early as I had planned and I needed a little bit of something, but wanted to save space for the turkey :) So that was my only stim intake of the day, a far cry from what I was doing just a few weeks back. Plus workouts have been stable to slightly rising strength wise, which is great given that i'm also loosing 2lbs a week

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Short update, dave has been invited (on another thread) to a BBQ and tequila sampling at my house next time he's in tampa (I've got around 6-8 different types of tequila in the house at all times, probably total dollar cost in the $400 range), and Reset AD is my new best friend.
Im there! Not sure when the next time Ill be in town is, but Ill keep you updated :D

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
wow 1300 calories, i eat that by 10am..hahaha...good luck bro, sub'd

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easy be careful, Dave's shady so hide your wife/gf, he's all hopped up on Paravol and Aspire...:lol:
I plan on getting him drunk and having him sign me up as a rep. shhh don't tell him

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not too much exciting to report, which is a good thing :) Stim usage stays low vs my prior histor, and activity/energy stays high! Its sort of hard to log this product, as its kind of like electricity, it just plain works and its hard to explain it to someone until they've tried it. I had just started yesterday taking Shred-XS-Hardcore, and it is almost too much for me, now with my partially reset adrenals. I've been recommending Reset AD to everyone I know who is a coffee drinker :)

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
have fun in hawaii.... better destroy the woman all over the islands

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone want to know what the worst thing that can happen when you are taking Reset AD is?

Running out

I've spent the last week Reset AD free, just due to me not realizing how low the bottle was right before my vacation. It was an interesting experiment, to see how it worked out going without for a little bit, but I dont plan to recreate the experiment any time soon :)

I ran out last Saturday, as I headed off to Hawaii. The first couple of days weren't bad, sleep was still good, and I didn't need tons of stims to keep me awake. By thursday though, it was starting to get rough. Luckily being in Hawaii meant really good coffee :) so it wasn't all bad. But by today its gotten rough enough that i'm going to be overnighting some reset ad from nutraplanet. Even with a gram of powerFull, and a gram of tryptophan I woke up multiple times last nite, and ended up taking a second gram of each to get some fitfull rest. I've had about 48oz of coffee so far (10% kona blend :)) and still am sleepy.

So what i'm going to do is take Reset AD going forwards until I can go completely stim/caffeine free for 2 weeks, then slowly taper down the reset over the span of another 2-3 weeks after, and then see how it goes. Probably take till October or so to reach there. Still, its easy to do the math and know that i'd rather be buying Reset AD at around $1/day (at 3 caps) then 3 energy drinks at $7.50/day.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was so antsy waiting for the delivery to come :) It feels so good to have reset in me again. This time of the afternoon yesterday I was reaching for coffee again, ready to collapse over and fall asleep. Today, I'm ready to go kick some butt! Cardio tomorrow should be fun again, and I can't wait till fridays workout too!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Sounds like you went from a stim junkie to a Reset Junkie :toofunny:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another interesting reset revelation... I was talking to my wife about sleep, and she mentioned that over the last month, i haven't been snoring.... So it looks like the combo of the lowered stims plus reset ad has helped fix up my sleep enough to end my snoring! Pretty sweet as an unexpected side effect!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Another interesting reset revelation... I was talking to my wife about sleep, and she mentioned that over the last month, i haven't been snoring.... So it looks like the combo of the lowered stims plus reset ad has helped fix up my sleep enough to end my snoring! Pretty sweet as an unexpected side effect!
def a great improvement that Im sure she's pleased about

my sleep quality went through the roof with Reset

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting reset ad moment, yesterday I went the whole day with no stims. not on purpose, just didn't have coffee in the morning, and ended up drinking water all day. First time in I don't know how long. What made it really interesting is that I didn't notice or realize it till I was going to sleep. It didn't bother me at all, wasn't tired during the day in the least!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been a couple weeks now. I'm taking reset at 2 caps a day now rather than 3, and using relatively minimal stims compared to my own past. I'm taking Leviathan, and just started trying out pre-workout RPM. I am having an occasional cup of coffee, but its nowhere near daily, and its more a taste thing than caffeine. After all, with 4 eggs over easy, a bowl of oatmeal, some sausage, a bannana and some grapefruit juice, a nice hot cup of coffee really rounds out the breakfast :)

At this point i'm pretty comfortable in feeling I have little to no dependence on stims. My sleep overall is better as well. I think after the PAL transformation contest is over, i'm going to purposefully go 2 weeks with no stims, just as an experiment.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was packing for a biz trip today, and had a momentary freak out. I looked in the bottle of reset ad, and there are only 6 left. Luckily i've been making sure I keep at least 1 spare bottle, so i'm ok. This is my last spare tho, so I need to order more VERY soon :D

I'm taking an rpm dose at the 160lb person level - 3 caps, the 180lb level 4 caps is too much for me. I weigh 208 ;)

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
man im impressed to say the least....

crackin up that you have a bottle on reserve!!!!!

you da man

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems like as good a time for an update as any :) My stim use has been on the rise a little as with doing relatively high volume workouts I sort of felt I needed more stims. Also I'm back on a cut phase again after a bit off. So far it isn't bad, and I think i'm going to lay off the RPM once this bottle is full. I'm only taking 2 reset ad a day now, and still not ever really crashing, at least not till late in the evening. I know i'm going to have a price to pay for the higher stim use, but hopefully I can reach my goals first.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good ****! I been taking reset ad for the last 3 weeks or so, with NO stim use at all. I can't wait to try my first RPM dose once my reset ad bottle is done..lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been a while since an update. I've been taking in a bit more in stims between the leviathan and pre workout rpm or other supplements, so when my last bottle of reset ran dry I decided to experiment a little and go without. Its 2 days now. it sucks. Time to open the "in case of emergency" bottle :D I also was doing a ketogenic diet, so lack of carbs made me lethargic somewhat anyhow, which meant adding coffee back in. so now its healthy carbs again, reset ad again and slow down on stims again :)