3-AD recomp log

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post


    If you don't mind answering Workin. What is your diet strategy for recomp?
    Hey xjsynx. I try and stay lean year around so I follow the same diet almost year...with little variations.

    The simple, most uncomplicated piece of advice I can give is to eat a maintenance number of calories each day and shoot for about 50-55% of those calories to come from quality protein sources. The percentage of carbs and fats will be different for everyone (in my experience) based on how your individual body responds, however they need to be "clean carbs" and "clean fats" regardless. This means all complex carbs AND unsaturated, high in EFA fats.

    On a recomp, I would also limit cheating to 1 MEAL per week as opposed to 1 cheat DAY.

    I'm going to paste my response to a question in a different thread below as I think it may help you understand my opinions on diet.

    I hope this helps my friend.

    Workin

    "Unfortunately, there is not one macronutritent profile for everyone. Different people respond in different ways to high carb/low fat, Low carb/High Fat and any combination in between. For example, I can't eat more than 125-150 grams of complex (forget about simple) carbs per day without putting some fat on...so for me a lower carb/moderate fat diet works well. I have a friend that eats 350 grams of carbs per day, and stays shredded. If he ate the amount of fat I did however...he would bloat up like a balloon. Have you ever taken notice of how your body reacts to various diets?

    You need to find out how your body responds to different variations. It took me about a year...once I started to REALLY pay attention to my diet and how carbs/fat effected my body...to really fine tune my diet and figure out what worked for my body.

    That said, here are a few rules of thumb that have worked VERY well for many of my clients in the past:

    1. Prior to eating a meal containing carbs, ask yourself what you will be doing in the next few hours...if the answer is sitting on your butt, cut your carb portion in half. (post workout would be the only exception)

    2. Eat all your carbs for the day prior to 5:00. After that time, only consume lean meat (or a quality protein shake), veggies and healthy fats. (I follow this even if I workout in the evening)

    3. Plan your meals...everyone.

    4. Instead of a "Cheat day" once per week, only allow yourself a "cheat MEAL".

    If your looking to GAIN A TON OF MASS, these rules don't apply. If your looking to get lean and stay lean year around, while adding as much muscle mass as possible, they work like a charm."


  2. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Hey xjsynx. I try and stay lean year around so I follow the same diet almost year...with little variations.

    I'm going to paste my response to a question in a different thread below as I think it may help you understand my opinions on diet.

    I hope this helps my friend.

    Workin


    I actually think I read that original post, but couldn't find it again. Thanks.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post


    I actually think I read that original post, but couldn't find it again. Thanks.
    My pleasure xjsynx!

    Here's a link to the thread I originally posted on:
    The "Help Me Look Like You Workin!" Thread

    Workin

  4. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    My pleasure xjsynx!

    Here's a link to the thread I originally posted on:
    The "Help Me Look Like You Workin!" Thread

    Workin
    Yeap that is the thread.

    You must get off of workin2005's nuts, so spread some Reputation around.
  5. week[1].day[6].offDay


    Today is off and the end of my training week.

    Review
    • Cut back on stims. Only RPM pre-wo
      Reset AD has assisted on getting me through the day without crashing, like I have previously
    • I've been feeling quite warm. I especially noticed this today after my 2nd dose of 3-AD???? Mace or any other 3-AD vets experience this?
    • Libido was kicking the last couple of days (morning visits of the wood fairy), but feels like it is down to normal levels again
    • Getting oily and breaking out some: back, forehead, and upper arms
    • Overall I have felt euphoric, but can be set-off easily, especially during training. Usually by the usual suspects that have no gym etiquette
    • I feel harder and fuller
    • Actually lost about 2 pounds
    • DOMS has been killer. I've been able to exert myself in the gym and for the most part kept intensity up if not turned it up a notch


    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    haha...perfect....I knew there was something more to it!!

  7. Keep it going bro- dude your quads- good sweep

  8. Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    soon!
    Grassy-ass
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  9. Upping the ante


    3-AD - 4 caps
    • Am
    • Afternoon
    • Pre-wo
    • Post-wo


    Reset A.D - 3 caps
    • Am
    • Afternoon
    • Post-wo


    Incarnate - 9 caps
    • Am(3)
    • Pre-wo(3)
    • Post-wo(3)


    Additional Notes
    2 caps of AP left. Thought I had another bottle, but don't. So, I will start using my remaining Glucophase XR.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by peece View Post
    Keep it going bro- dude your quads- good sweep
    What is up peece? Thanks man.
  11. week[2].day[1].trainingLog


    Day 1 Lower Body quads dominant
    Pre-WO 1 hour prior - 6 caps RPM + 6 caps Clear Edge + 3-AD + 8oz GFJ
    Pre-WO .5 hour prior - 3 scoops Xtend + 1 scoop Poseidon + 3 caps Incarnate
    Peri-WO - 8 scoops Xtend + 1 scoop Poseidon
    Post-WO - Replenish + AP + 3 caps Incarnate + 1 cap Reset AD

    Previous wo Current wo Difference
    A) Full (a55 to calves) Back squat 6/5,4,3,5,4,3/120s
    1. 275x5 280x5 +5
    2. 280x4 285x4 +5
    3. 285x3 290x3 +5
    4. 265x5 275x5 +10
    5. 270x4 280x4 +10
    6. 275x3 285x3 +10

    Was able to maintain proper form with amount of weight and reps. I dropped weight again for the second sequence again, only to maintain proper form. Next week, I will match or increase the weight

    B) Classic cluster Leg press 5/5x1/120s 40x0;
    1. 630x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +90
    2. 650x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +70
    3. 680x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +40
    4. 680x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +40
    5. 680x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +40

    Full range of motion. Lowered weight, keeping lower back from arching.

    C) Hack squat 3/4-6 + max + max/120s 30x0 (Rest/pause 4-6RM, 10 sec., max reps, 10 sec, max reps);
    1. 290x6+4+3 300x6+4+3 +10lbs/0reps
    2. 290x6+3+3 300x6+4+4 +10lbs/2reps
    3. 290x6+3+3 300x6+5+4 +10lbs/3reps


    D) Alt. DB lunges 3/6-8/120s 3010;
    1. 50x6 50x6 +0lbs/0reps
    2. 45x6 50x6 +5lbs/1reps
    3. 45x6 50x6 +5lbs/2reps

    Weight didn't feel light this time, but no issue with stability this time, and still focused on targeted leg getting parallel, small steps, and focused pushing off the heel to emphasize quad recruitment

    Day 1 training conclusion
    • Solid workout. Think I found my weights that my legs can handle. Kind of sad to think back in the day I was squatting 275 at 110lbs. Anywho, my primary objective for quads, is to get my squat weight over 300lbs, and if I can increase the load by 5lbs each week, I will hit the 300 mark the 4th week.
    • RPM did it's job.
    • Not sure how Incarnate helps with low reps, but for the rest/pause technique I was actually able to push myself without the lactic burn, and was able to push through the last and final sets of my workout.
    • Might think of dosing two caps of Reset after legs, or moving my afternoon cap to pre-wo.
    • I had a strong workout even after being in the hot sun for about 3 hours, and no real down time. I was on the go since 7am

  12. subscribed

  13. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    subscribed
    Welcome
  14. teh hardness


    Well I am definitely feeling the hardness effects With another visit from the Morning Wood Fairy...

    I've been feeling quite hot too. Usually this is only when I take my RPM, but I've been noticing some heat after I take 3-AD. I was wondering if it was the Reset AD, but when I only took my 3-AD yesterday I felt hot. I also think 3-AD is starting to make me feel lethargic. Usually with Reset + Poseidon, I am ready to go...

    Only a week with Incarnate, but besides the DOMS, everything else feels good. Even my shoulders after some push-presses that generally leave my shoulders aching.

    Elevated mood, but subjected to mood swings. Small things can set me off.

    Oily and a few pimples. Really popped out when I decreased my Poseidon doses in attempt to evaluate supps on their own.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Well I am definitely feeling the hardness effects With another visit from the Morning Wood Fairy...

    I've been feeling quite hot too. Usually this is only when I take my RPM, but I've been noticing some heat after I take 3-AD. I was wondering if it was the Reset AD, but when I only took my 3-AD yesterday I felt hot. I also think 3-AD is starting to make me feel lethargic. Usually with Reset + Poseidon, I am ready to go...

    Only a week with Incarnate, but besides the DOMS, everything else feels good. Even my shoulders after some push-presses that generally leave my shoulders aching.

    Elevated mood, but subjected to mood swings. Small things can set me off.

    Oily and a few pimples. Really popped out when I decreased my Poseidon doses in attempt to evaluate supps on their own.

    Great log! Ive read that people are getting really hot and sweaty from RPM. But I dont get any more sweaty/hot than before rpm. But I am also only on day 3 of rpm. Best of luck to you.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Well I am definitely feeling the hardness effects With another visit from the Morning Wood Fairy...

    I've been feeling quite hot too. Usually this is only when I take my RPM, but I've been noticing some heat after I take 3-AD. I was wondering if it was the Reset AD, but when I only took my 3-AD yesterday I felt hot. I also think 3-AD is starting to make me feel lethargic. Usually with Reset + Poseidon, I am ready to go...

    Only a week with Incarnate, but besides the DOMS, everything else feels good. Even my shoulders after some push-presses that generally leave my shoulders aching.

    Elevated mood, but subjected to mood swings. Small things can set me off.

    Oily and a few pimples. Really popped out when I decreased my Poseidon doses in attempt to evaluate supps on their own.
    Good feedback man, and yes we know you're hot. You don't have to keep reminding us, dammmn

    ps. I doing good thanks big day tomorrow with my exit interview and all

  17. Quote Originally Posted by peece View Post
    Good feedback man, and yes we know you're hot. You don't have to keep reminding us, dammmn

    ps. I doing good thanks big day tomorrow with my exit interview and all
    Exit interview? What are you moving onto?

    P.S.

    I have to mention that I am feeling hot
    It might be redundent, but I am trying to figure out if it is the 3-AD or Rest.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Oily and a few pimples. Really popped out when I decreased my Poseidon doses in attempt to evaluate supps on their own.
    Yea...the positive effect Poseidon has on the skin is tremendous.

    Great detail xjsynx...this is a very helpful and informative log my friend.

    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xjsynx again."


    Workin

  19. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Great log! Ive read that people are getting really hot and sweaty from RPM. But I dont get any more sweaty/hot than before rpm. But I am also only on day 3 of rpm. Best of luck to you.
    Thanks. Yeah I get mad sweaty from RPM, but I only take it pre-wo in the evening, so it really doesn't explain teh hotness during the day.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Yea...the positive effect Poseidon has on the skin is tremendous.

    Great detail xjsynx...this is a very helpful and informative log my friend.

    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xjsynx again."


    Workin
    Thanks for the kind words Workin.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Exit interview? What are you moving onto?

    P.S.

    I have to mention that I am feeling hot
    It might be redundent, but I am trying to figure out if it is the 3-AD or Rest.
    It is part of the formal procedure in obtaining a teaching credential. It is good because it really causes reflection on the whole process of teaching and learning. However, between me and you... it is one of the many hoops that you have to jump through to get where you want to go.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Great log! Ive read that people are getting really hot and sweaty from RPM. But I dont get any more sweaty/hot than before rpm. But I am also only on day 3 of rpm. Best of luck to you.
    I take back my statement about the sweating. Im drenched all day.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by peece View Post
    It is part of the formal procedure in obtaining a teaching credential. It is good because it really causes reflection on the whole process of teaching and learning. However, between me and you... it is one of the many hoops that you have to jump through to get where you want to go.
    Well good luck my man

  24. Nice gains so far. I envy you. I want some 3ad
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 09:32 AM
  2. JonesersRX7 recomp log
    By JonesersRX7 in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 10:29 AM
  3. Methyl-Drol/4-AD: Personal Log
    By BHERTZ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:13 PM
  4. Irongame's 1 Test/4 AD cycle log
    By Irongame in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:32 PM
Log in
Log in