3-AD recomp log
- 06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
The simple, most uncomplicated piece of advice I can give is to eat a maintenance number of calories each day and shoot for about 50-55% of those calories to come from quality protein sources. The percentage of carbs and fats will be different for everyone (in my experience) based on how your individual body responds, however they need to be "clean carbs" and "clean fats" regardless. This means all complex carbs AND unsaturated, high in EFA fats.
On a recomp, I would also limit cheating to 1 MEAL per week as opposed to 1 cheat DAY.
I'm going to paste my response to a question in a different thread below as I think it may help you understand my opinions on diet.
I hope this helps my friend.
"Unfortunately, there is not one macronutritent profile for everyone. Different people respond in different ways to high carb/low fat, Low carb/High Fat and any combination in between. For example, I can't eat more than 125-150 grams of complex (forget about simple) carbs per day without putting some fat on...so for me a lower carb/moderate fat diet works well. I have a friend that eats 350 grams of carbs per day, and stays shredded. If he ate the amount of fat I did however...he would bloat up like a balloon. Have you ever taken notice of how your body reacts to various diets?
You need to find out how your body responds to different variations. It took me about a year...once I started to REALLY pay attention to my diet and how carbs/fat effected my body...to really fine tune my diet and figure out what worked for my body.
That said, here are a few rules of thumb that have worked VERY well for many of my clients in the past:
1. Prior to eating a meal containing carbs, ask yourself what you will be doing in the next few hours...if the answer is sitting on your butt, cut your carb portion in half. (post workout would be the only exception)
2. Eat all your carbs for the day prior to 5:00. After that time, only consume lean meat (or a quality protein shake), veggies and healthy fats. (I follow this even if I workout in the evening)
3. Plan your meals...everyone.
4. Instead of a "Cheat day" once per week, only allow yourself a "cheat MEAL".
If your looking to GAIN A TON OF MASS, these rules don't apply. If your looking to get lean and stay lean year around, while adding as much muscle mass as possible, they work like a charm."
- 06-19-2007, 03:54 PM
06-19-2007, 03:58 PM
06-19-2007, 04:02 PM
06-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Today is off and the end of my training week.
- Cut back on stims. Only RPM pre-wo
Reset AD has assisted on getting me through the day without crashing, like I have previously
- I've been feeling quite warm. I especially noticed this today after my 2nd dose of 3-AD???? Mace or any other 3-AD vets experience this?
- Libido was kicking the last couple of days (morning visits of the wood fairy), but feels like it is down to normal levels again
- Getting oily and breaking out some: back, forehead, and upper arms
- Overall I have felt euphoric, but can be set-off easily, especially during training. Usually by the usual suspects that have no gym etiquette
- I feel harder and fuller
- Actually lost about 2 pounds
- DOMS has been killer. I've been able to exert myself in the gym and for the most part kept intensity up if not turned it up a notch
06-19-2007, 07:13 PM
06-19-2007, 07:19 PM
06-19-2007, 10:38 PM
06-20-2007, 07:35 AM
06-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Upping the ante
3-AD - 4 caps
Reset A.D - 3 caps
Incarnate - 9 caps
2 caps of AP left. Thought I had another bottle, but don't. So, I will start using my remaining Glucophase XR.
06-21-2007, 10:32 AM
06-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Day 1 – Lower Body quads dominant
Pre-WO 1 hour prior - 6 caps RPM + 6 caps Clear Edge + 3-AD + 8oz GFJ
Pre-WO .5 hour prior - 3 scoops Xtend + 1 scoop Poseidon + 3 caps Incarnate
Peri-WO - 8 scoops Xtend + 1 scoop Poseidon
Post-WO - Replenish + AP + 3 caps Incarnate + 1 cap Reset AD
Previous wo Current wo Difference
A) Full (a55 to calves) Back squat 6/5,4,3,5,4,3/120s
- 275x5 280x5 +5
- 280x4 285x4 +5
- 285x3 290x3 +5
- 265x5 275x5 +10
- 270x4 280x4 +10
- 275x3 285x3 +10
Was able to maintain proper form with amount of weight and reps. I dropped weight again for the second sequence again, only to maintain proper form. Next week, I will match or increase the weight
B) Classic cluster Leg press 5/5x1/120s 40x0;
- 630x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +90
- 650x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +70
- 680x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +40
- 680x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +40
- 680x(5x1) 720x(5x1) +40
Full range of motion. Lowered weight, keeping lower back from arching.
C) Hack squat 3/4-6 + max + max/120s 30x0 (Rest/pause 4-6RM, 10 sec., max reps, 10 sec, max reps);
- 290x6+4+3 300x6+4+3 +10lbs/0reps
- 290x6+3+3 300x6+4+4 +10lbs/2reps
- 290x6+3+3 300x6+5+4 +10lbs/3reps
D) Alt. DB lunges 3/6-8/120s 3010;
- 50x6 50x6 +0lbs/0reps
- 45x6 50x6 +5lbs/1reps
- 45x6 50x6 +5lbs/2reps
Weight didn't feel light this time, but no issue with stability this time, and still focused on targeted leg getting parallel, small steps, and focused pushing off the heel to emphasize quad recruitment
Day 1 training conclusion
- Solid workout. Think I found my weights that my legs can handle. Kind of sad to think back in the day I was squatting 275 at 110lbs. Anywho, my primary objective for quads, is to get my squat weight over 300lbs, and if I can increase the load by 5lbs each week, I will hit the 300 mark the 4th week.
- RPM did it's job.
- Not sure how Incarnate helps with low reps, but for the rest/pause technique I was actually able to push myself without the lactic burn, and was able to push through the last and final sets of my workout.
- Might think of dosing two caps of Reset after legs, or moving my afternoon cap to pre-wo.
- I had a strong workout even after being in the hot sun for about 3 hours, and no real down time. I was on the go since 7am
06-21-2007, 11:18 AM
06-21-2007, 11:43 AM
06-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Well I am definitely feeling the hardness effects With another visit from the Morning Wood Fairy...
I've been feeling quite hot too. Usually this is only when I take my RPM, but I've been noticing some heat after I take 3-AD. I was wondering if it was the Reset AD, but when I only took my 3-AD yesterday I felt hot. I also think 3-AD is starting to make me feel lethargic. Usually with Reset + Poseidon, I am ready to go...
Only a week with Incarnate, but besides the DOMS, everything else feels good. Even my shoulders after some push-presses that generally leave my shoulders aching.
Elevated mood, but subjected to mood swings. Small things can set me off.
Oily and a few pimples. Really popped out when I decreased my Poseidon doses in attempt to evaluate supps on their own.
06-21-2007, 12:16 PM
06-21-2007, 01:51 PM
06-21-2007, 02:00 PM
06-21-2007, 02:00 PM
06-21-2007, 02:01 PM
06-21-2007, 02:45 PM
06-21-2007, 02:58 PM
06-22-2007, 02:55 PM
06-22-2007, 03:27 PM
06-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By freezito in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 23Last Post: 02-10-2007, 09:32 AM
- By JonesersRX7 in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 37Last Post: 03-20-2006, 10:29 AM
- By BHERTZ in forum AnabolicsReplies: 37Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:13 PM
- By Irongame in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 24Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:32 PM