Rodja's JW/Pro-Anabol Log

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    Nice! After I done with this log and I take a few days off, I'm gonna try a new routine that alternates deads and squats so I don't tax the erectors too much. I do LOVE my rack pulls though
    Heavy squatting is a thing of the past for me. As much as I love them, they make my thighs too large and making 170 becomes quite difficult when you have a pair of 28" thighs. My leg training now is focused on hip and glute power, not size.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Since I hadn't them in a while, I did 135, 225, 275, 315, 335. My back was still a little tight from Monday so I wanted to through a thorough warm-up. I felt pretty good, but I know that I will get stronger as I continue to train them again.
    I am a little surprised being a MMA fighter that you are using a belt.

I know some people love belts, straps etc, but a belt can actually weaken and cause improper form.

However, Rodja you are very knowledgeable so that is why I ask what is the belt's primary purpose?
    •   

3. Yeah, you don't see guys with legs like CroCop when you have to make weight! Plus like you said somewhere before, it makes your submissions much tougher to lock up.

4. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I am a little surprised being a MMA fighter that you are using a belt.

I know some people love belts, straps etc, but a belt can actually weaken and cause improper form.

However, Rodja you are very knowledgeable so that is why I ask what is the belt's primary purpose?
    I had a pretty bad back injury when I was 19, so I use a belt for precautionary purposes. I still keep good form, but when using max weights, it is much safer to train with a belt.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    Yeah, you don't see guys with legs like CroCop when you have to make weight! Plus like you said somewhere before, it makes your submissions much tougher to lock up.
    I was originally going to compete at 185, but I have bigger strength advantage at 170. Having strong legs is important, but not a priority for MMA. That was also back when my thighs were creeping up on 30". Ahhh, the good ole days.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I had a pretty bad back injury when I was 19, so I use a belt for precautionary purposes. I still keep good form, but when using max weights, it is much safer to train with a belt.
    Kind of what I figured. Good luck with that.

Do you ever preform Reverse Hyperextensions? I had a bad back at one time too, thanks to a car wreck, but after employing these and lifts like Good Mornings,it has built my back, back up.

7. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Kind of what I figured. Good luck with that.

Do you ever preform Reverse Hyperextensions? I had a bad back at one time too, thanks to a car wreck, but after employing these and lifts like Good Mornings,it has built my back, back up.
    I have a strong lower back as far as muscularity is concerned, but I do not have good lumbar integrity. I never got it looked at, so I don't really know the extent of the damage, but it took me over a year to get my strength back.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Today was Arms and Delts. I was really looking forward to this WO all day and it definitely was a good one.

Close-Grip BP - 205x8, 215x6 (PR)
    Military Press - 135x6x2
    Campered Curls - 95x8, 105x6
    Seated Overhead Extensions - 75x8x2
    Pressdowns - 140x10x2, 120x15
    Unilateral Side Laterals - 35x8x2
    Hammer Curls/Behind-the-back cable laterals - 40x6x3/20x10x3
    Facepulls/Trunk Rotations - 70x15/50x20, 80x15/50x20
    Rear Flys/Preacher Curls - 25x10/75x6, 30x10/75x6

Pump and vascularity were very nice and my strength is up on most of my lifts. So far so good and I will take my weight and some other measurements on Monday.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. Getting in on this late...

Great log Rodja. I admire your determination and am looking forward to following!

Workin

10. Sleep was awesome last night. I didn't sleep too well on Thursday and I had been dragging a little bit since then, but I feel really good right now. I did some cardio last night and my normal route was much easier and when I was done, it only took me about a minute for my breathing t return to normal.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

11. Heavy Chest and Back today. My triceps are very sore, but I wanted to stay on schedule.

BB Rows - 225x10x2, 245x8
    Incline BP 165x6x2
    Lat Pulldowns - 150x8x2
    DB Press - 70x6x3
    Cable Rows - 140x10, 150x8x2
    HS Flat Press - 2 platesx6

This was by far my least productive WO while using this stack. I didn't get the greatest sleep over the weekend and my shoulder has been cranky all day, so I wasn't at full power. I went for a run after lifting and I was fine until I hit the 3 mile mark and I started to get slight chills and felt my hamstrings starting to lock up. I decided to walk the rest of the route, ~1 mile or so, instead of tempting heat exhaustion. I weighed myself about halfway through my lifting and I was at 174 . I guess it is actually a good thing, though since I am getting much, much leaner and my strength is increasing. I would much rather have this than gain mass without having a strength increase.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I guess it is actually a good thing, though since I am getting much, much leaner and my strength is increasing.
    To quote Mr. T - I pity the fool that has to roll w/ you brother! You are gonna ruin somebody's day!

:bruce2: :bruce1:

13. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    To quote Mr. T - I pity the fool that has to roll w/ you brother! You are gonna ruin somebody's day!

:bruce2: :bruce1:
    I do what I can .

On another not, I have started to notice a few things at the 11th day mark:
    1. My shoulder is starting to hurt again and I am getting weird muscle twinges throughout the day.
    2. My cardio has been insane, I have never used a stack that increases my endurance this dramatically.
    3. Vascularity is way up; I am starting to see veins in my forearms and delts that I had never seen before.
    4. My pulling strength is increasing at a very rapid clip and I am approaching my strength goals on every pulling exercise. Pushing exercises are not increasing as rapidly, but are still improving. I am more of a puller than a pusher, so this is not too surprising.
    5. Sleep is hit or miss. I either sleep extremely well or I wake-up every 2 hours.
    6. I don't know what the combination is of training, diet, and supplements, but I am at my smallest waist since I was 18. It seems like I am dropping between 1/16" and 1/8" on my waist everyday.
    7. I am sweating like a fat kid on meth while I am training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I do what I can .

On another not, I have started to notice a few things at the 11th day mark:
    1. My shoulder is starting to hurt again and I am getting weird muscle twinges throughout the day.
    2. My cardio has been insane, I have never used a stack that increases my endurance this dramatically.
    3. Vascularity is way up; I am starting to see veins in my forearms and delts that I had never seen before.
    4. My pulling strength is increasing at a very rapid clip and I am approaching my strength goals on every pulling exercise. Pushing exercises are not increasing as rapidly, but are still improving. I am more of a puller than a pusher, so this is not too surprising.
    5. Sleep is hit or miss. I either sleep extremely well or I wake-up every 2 hours.
    6. I don't know what the combination is of training, diet, and supplements, but I am at my smallest waist since I was 18. It seems like I am dropping between 1/16" and 1/8" on my waist everyday.
    7. I am sweating like a fat kid on meth while I am training.
    Great feedback.

Workin

15. I have to tinker with the rest of this weeks WO's, but I will not miss any training time. I would usually do legs today, but I have some business that I have to take care of, so I will move them to Friday. I may not be able to make it to BJJ tomorrow because I have a second interview at World Gym at 4. Hopefully, I can make it, but I am not positive. Basically, I am switching my off day from Friday to today and my cheat day will either be Thursday or Saturday.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Today was heavy back and dynamic chest. I toned down the volume a little bit today since I am weary of overtraining.

Deads - 315x5, 335x4, 365x2
    Dynamic DB Press - 50x3x5
    Dynamic Row-Up - BW+25x8, +35x8, +45x8
    Incline Flys - 35x12x3
    HS Rows (neutral grip) - 3 platesx8x2
    Weighted Crunches/Trunk rotations - 90x30/50x20, 100x30/50x20
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

17. Today was Arms/Delts. I decreased the volume for my triceps since they were too sore when I tried to train chest on Monday.

Close-Grip BP - 185x6, 205x6, 215x5
    DB Press - 55x8x2
    Campered Curls - 90x8, 100x6
    Pressdowns/Unilateral Side Laterals - 150x12/35x8, 150x12/35x8
    Hammer Curls/Behind-the-back Cable Laterals - 45x6/25x10, 45x6/25x10
    Facepulls - 80x15x2

I also had BJJ this morning and I did really well until I got heelhooked about an hour into training. Nothing popped, but patella tendon and my vastus medialis hurt really badly. I have a slight limp when I am walking, but I do not think that it is anything serious.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Today was Arms/Delts. I decreased the volume for my triceps since they were too sore when I tried to train chest on Monday.

Close-Grip BP - 185x6, 205x6, 215x5
    DB Press - 55x8x2
    Campered Curls - 90x8, 100x6
    Pressdowns/Unilateral Side Laterals - 150x12/35x8, 150x12/35x8
    Hammer Curls/Behind-the-back Cable Laterals - 45x6/25x10, 45x6/25x10
    Facepulls - 80x15x2

I also had BJJ this morning and I did really well until I got heelhooked about an hour into training. Nothing popped, but patella tendon and my vastus medialis hurt really badly. I have a slight limp when I am walking, but I do not think that it is anything serious.
    Hopefully nothing serious...looks like the workouts are coming along nicely.

Workin

19. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Hopefully nothing serious...looks like the workouts are coming along nicely.

Workin
    It has gotten more tender as the night has gone on, but I don't think it is anything major. I just cannot put a lot of weight on th leg. It is very disappointing because my lifts have been increasing very nicely and I do not want to have to take any time off.

On a side note, I was able to fit into a pair of size 29 shorts today.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It has gotten more tender as the night has gone on, but I don't think it is anything major. I just cannot put a lot of weight on th leg. It is very disappointing because my lifts have been increasing very nicely and I do not want to have to take any time off.

Nice!

Workin

21. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It has gotten more tender as the night has gone on, but I don't think it is anything major. I just cannot put a lot of weight on th leg.
    That stinks bro! The dreaded heel hook! That's GOTTA hurt! Hope you feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Wow! 29??? I think I see you fighting at 155! :bruce2:

22. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    That stinks bro! The dreaded heel hook! That's GOTTA hurt! Hope you feel better!

Wow! 29??? I think I see you fighting at 155! :bruce2:
    The knee is still tender, but it is manageable. It was pretty sweet when I was able to fit into those shorts. I was only trying them on to see how far I had to go to get there and they fit.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Ouch.

29's? Good job.

24. Today was heavy chest and heavy back. I was really looking forward to this WO today and I had a great one:
    Flat BP (I suck at these)- 165x8, 185x4
    BB Rows - 245x10, 255x8
    Incline DB Press - 65x6, 70x5
    Reverse Grip Pulldowns - 150x6x2
    Dips - BWx10x2
    DB Rows - 100x8x2
    Weighted Crunches/Trunk Rotations - 100x30/45x20, 110x30/50x20

I also did four rounds on the heavy bag today to start to recondition my hands and shoulders. I am also confused about my weight: on the scale at my old gym, I was at 170-171, but at the scale at my new gym, I am at 180?? This makes more sense to me because I have definitely gained some muscle, but I am actually a little disappointed because I do not know if I will be able to make to 155 now.

Stack observations:
    1. ENDURANCE...I just don't seem to get tired while training. I still get winded, but my recovery is insane.
    2. My vascularity is way, way up. Delts, biceps, forearms, calves, quads...veins are jst popping out all over.
    3. My strength is improving at a very consistent rate on all lifts. I am very close or at the weights I was aiming for.
    4. Acne and aggression have not really changed.
    5. Fullness and pumps are amazing, especially in my arms and delts.
    6. Sleep has been great, but it has been hard to get out of bed in the mornings.
    7. Did I mention that I can wear size 29 shorts???
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

25. Great update Rodja...BTW, what size shorts do you wear?

Workin

26. Solid work Rodja.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I also did four rounds on the heavy bag today to start to recondition my hands and shoulders. I am also confused about my weight: on the scale at my old gym, I was at 170-171, but at the scale at my new gym, I am at 180?? This makes more sense to me because I have definitely gained some muscle, but I am actually a little disappointed because I do not know if I will be able to make to 155 now.
    That would be a pretty big cut...you'd be pretty spent for the fight, no? How about 175?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Stack observations:
    1. ENDURANCE...I just don't seem to get tired while training. I still get winded, but my recovery is insane.
    2. My vascularity is way, way up. Delts, biceps, forearms, calves, quads...veins are jst popping out all over.
    3. My strength is improving at a very consistent rate on all lifts. I am very close or at the weights I was aiming for.
    4. Acne and aggression have not really changed.
    5. Fullness and pumps are amazing, especially in my arms and delts.
    6. Sleep has been great, but it has been hard to get out of bed in the mornings.
    7. Did I mention that I can wear size 29 shorts???
    1. That's always good.
    2. Roadmap baby!!!
    4. Good, for the most part. Sounds like you are pretty aggressive at the gym!
    5. Nice!
    6. Mmmm...sleep! What do you think is causing that?
    7. :chick: Skinny little....I mean great job!

28. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    That would be a pretty big cut...you'd be pretty spent for the fight, no? How about 175?

1. That's always good.
    2. Roadmap baby!!!
    4. Good, for the most part. Sounds like you are pretty aggressive at the gym!
    5. Nice!
    6. Mmmm...sleep! What do you think is causing that?
    7. :chick: Skinny little....I mean great job!
    If I am at 180, then there is now way that I could make it to 155 w/o losing a good amount of muscle and strength. However, if I am at 170, then I about where I need to be. The reason that I have been sleeping so well is because of the Nettle extract. When I took Activate, this was one of the main effects that I noticed.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

29. So if you are actually at 180 are you gonna fight 175?

Any place you can go to get an accurate weight?

30. Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    So if you are actually at 180 are you gonna fight 175?

Any place you can go to get an accurate weight?
    If I am at 180, then I could fight at 170 on Thursday. 10 lbs is not a difficult amount to cut. I guess I could go to a Dr. office and see if they will let me use their scale for a moment. Me weighing 180 makes a lot more sense than 170, but I was looking forward to competing at LW.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jezzab's Pro-anabol log.
    By jezzab05 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 10:29 PM
  2. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 10:21 PM
  3. TheWilMan's ALRI Pro-Anabol Sponsored Log
    By thewilman in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 03:01 PM
  4. Erics Pro-anabol Sponsored Mass Log!!
    By ericpdell2 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 12:18 PM