Franken-stack plus bad diet!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Catchy title eh? Well, in the efforts to keep better track of things myself to look back on, I'm going to document what I am doing. I applied for the Millenium Sports Technology testing, but whether I get that or not, I should be documenting what I am doing. Since May 14, I have been logging all of my strength workouts (on paper), and this will give me the opportunity and space to log the cardio + food.

The Why
In January 07, I hit 245 pounds, and my waist was about to hit 40 (I had been a 38 waist for the last 5-6 years). I realized had to make a change, and it needs to be a long term permanent change. I turn 40 this year, and my wife wants to have a 3rd child. So I need to get in good shape and stay in good shape so that if its a boy, I can still hang with him when he's in high school and throw a football or play basketball. I had been loosing weight decently by clipping calories and working out in an unstructured way (no particular logging of details, counts of reps per set or anything else), managed to get down to 220 by the end of April, and was just starting to be able to squeeze into a 36 waist. A friend mentioned the Body For Life program and challenge. I didn't look at it too deeply right away. A few weeks later I decided to read more, and the workout scheme seemed to make sense as a high intensity workout. I started that on May 14th, (which was when I started using normal bodybuilding supplements, prior to that I had just taken vitamin type products). Since then I have lost close to 15 pounds, and am definitely feeling the difference. I'm just starting to see weights begin to go up, and size 34 waist is comfy, even a little loose in some (at least at the waist, I still have big thigh). Now I'm anxious on Sundays (my day off from the gym) to get back in and workout again.​

The bad diet:
I'm following a roughly 1200-1300 calorie a day diet (some days are lower), while still getting 200gm of protein. Using Syntrax Nectar for 3 shakes a day (270 cal, 69gm protein total) Muscle Milk light 1 shake a day (150 cal, 25 gm protein) GNC Pro Performance TR Complete (150 cal, 20gm protein, right before bed). Remainder of intake is made up of at least 2 servings of fresh fruits, at least 3 servings of green vegetables, 2 servings of fish (tilapia + salmon primarily dry pan fried), 1 of chicken (dry pan fried or baked). Primary carb intake is from fruits as well as daily at least 2 servings of whole grain breads/wraps or wild rice. I try to do one of the fruit or grain servings pre-workout, as well as the muscle milk pre workout, so I have more sustained carbs for the workout.​

The Franken-stack
I'm sure I'll get boatloads of comments both on my choices as well as total volume, and the combinations. As far as "you could do it cheaper than product x by mixing these other 5 products", I don't really care. I'm not independently wealthy or anything, but spending an extra $50-100 a month for conventient tablets that I can bring to work easily is nicer than taking 4 or 5 baggies with me. So i built this stack from a combination of knowing my body's mechanics as well as its resistances.

Puritan's Pride Omega-3 Fish Oil with Policosanol 1 cap 3x daily
Puritan's Pride Time Release Ultra Vita-Man 1 tab 2x daily
Schiff Glucosamine plus MSM 1 tab 3x daily
Amerifit Nutrition DHEA 50mb 2x daily
GNC Pro Performance CLA 1 cap 3x daily
BSN Nitrix 4 tabs 3x daily
MHP T-Bomb II 4 tabs 2x daily
NxLabs Nitro T3 6 tabs 1x daily
VPX No-Shotgun pre-workout, not on cardio days
SAN V12 2x on workout days, 1x on cardio
EAS Betagen 3x daily​

The Workout
I'm following the Body For Life workout, pretty close to perfectly. The only spots I have issues with are on a few of the areas where you are supposed to switch to another excersize for the same muscle group for a set of 12 reps (without rest from your last set) and I only have 1 choice available out of their excersizes that I can do in my clubhouse's gym. Its a great workout, and it really makes sense to me that its more about hitting 100% intensity, not how much weight you are doing it with. I have a hard time shampooing in the shower after the upper body workout, as I can't raise my arms that high.​

Well, thats enough for now, I may come back later tonite and enter todays data (lower body day). I might even go back and enter all the workout data since may 14th, chronologically.

Oh yeah, and for laughters sake, I am a blood donor, so I get to see my cholesterol every 8 weeks give or take. In january at my fattest it was around 162. 2 weeks ago it was down to 129 :D

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Pretty nice gains and loss's but damn man, kinda Low on the intake. I would aim for at least 1800 cals.... Good luck, Ill keep following along.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
6-7-7 am

Wake up tired as heck, don't feel like hitting the bike, which is the first time in months, but oh well. pre-cardio intake

San V12 in water
Puritan's Pride Omega-3 Fish Oil with Policosanol 1
Puritan's Pride Time Release Ultra Vita-Man 1
Puritan's Pride Focus Complex(fish oils, ALA, ginko, etc) 1
GNC Pro Performance CLA 1
Schiff Glucosamine plus MSM 1
Amerifit Nutrition DHEA 50mb 1
BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 4
Waited 15 min, mixed up a regular dose of Muscle Milk light and headed to gym (didn't start drinking right away)
Bike's manufacturer is True, I get on as manual profile always so I have control. first 2 minutes is at a 3 setting at 65 rpm to warm up, then up to a 5 setting and raise rpms to 75. Heart rate hits low 150s, putting out only around 90 watts. I stay at that setting for 24 minutes, then bump to 8, and hit a heart rate in 170s. Stay there for 2 minutes, then bump resistance to 10, generating about 175 watts, heart rate hits a peak of 193, stays in the upper 180s for 2 minutes, 30 minute timer runs out (so resistance goes to 0) and I pedal at around 55 rpm to cool down. My heartrate drops fairly fast, I'm in the low 170s by the end of the first minute, by the end of the second i'm in the 150s, 3rd i'm in the 130s.

Thank god I have an Aeron for my home office chair, I'm way too sweaty to sit in anything else this shortly after a gym session. So i'm off to the shower, then I'll mix up a 1 1/2 size does of Syntrax Nectar plus betagen to drink on the way in. Lunch today is Ker's Winghouse (we do it once a week). Their naked wings are skinless, unbreaded, marinated then baked. So actually a nice source of protein, and low in fat + carbs particularly if you dont dip em, and eat a pile of fries :D

I think i'm going to stop by a CVS or Walgreens on my way in to pick up Ketosis strips. I wasn't purposefully going that low in carbs to hit ketosis, but now that i'm doing the numbers, I can't imagine i've hit over 60gm of carbs in a day in months. I want to kick myself now, i've been avoiding bacon and cheese and could have been woofing it down :D It seems my weight loss has stalled a little, no real appreciable change this week, i'm hovering right at 205-206. I had really hoped to be just below that(203-204) by saturday. Its all just the timing, this is week 4 of 12, and if i'm going to reach 185 by week 12, I have to maintain the 10 pounds/4 weeks.

I guess I could go for slower weight loss for now, but adding muscle then have the later weeks be all weight loss oriented. Probably that would have been a good idea 4 weeks ago, but now I think 4 weeks of mini-bulking wouldn't add enough muscle to make getting ripped in 4 weeks easier.

Oh well, till later!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
6-7-7 pm

For lunch had around 18 wings (drumettes only) at Ker's Winghouse, around 11:30am. Water to drink, no fries (the wings were in their house-on-fire sauce). Had my lunch dose of pills at around 2

BSN Nitrix 4

around 4ish had a Syntrax nectar with Betagen (the roadside lemon with rasberry betagen tastes great!).

I've decided to go with CKD

http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=34

As my flip of diet to re-energize my weight loss. Also, I got selected to test + log Millenium Sports Shred-XS, so that should help too! I'm not sure yet if i'll have to move to a new named log, we'll see what they say. Tomorrow I'll post a precise first thing in the morning weight, so we have a nice baseline instead of "around 205".

Took my evening doses at 830

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3

So i'm off to figure out how to eat 1.5g of fat for each 1g of protein, and stay at over 170g of protein a day. Should be entertaining at the very least. Tonite i'm going with 2 1/4 pound burger patties plus bacon and garlic over a bed of spinach I think. not sure if i can eat it all, but what the heck. its either that or I have to start doing shots of olive oil :p

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok, so I went with 1 burger patty, lots of olive + peanut oil, and 4oz of cheese with bacon onions + garlic over spinach. Yum! :food: Didn't finish eating till around 9:30

After, I had the 6 NxLabs Nitro T3, and went to bed around 11ish. If anyone has a suggestion as to what to replace the Nitro T3 with when the bottle is open, please suggest here. Wife was watching an exceptionally lame episode of one of the fictional crime shows, but oh well. Couldn't fall asleep so easily anyhow, felt all stuffed :)

Woke up a hair late, got the supplement stack down at 645
BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3

forgot the San V12 at first, had it about 5 minutes later. at a hair after 7, took the NO-Shotgun with water, and got the rest of my gear together. Hit the gym at 715.
Chest
Barbell incline press reps weight
12@75
10@85
8@95
6@95
12@75​

Barbell bench press
12@75​

Back
Wide Grip Lat pulldown reps weight

One-arm dumbell rows(numbers per arm)
12@30​

Shoulders
Seated Dumbell Press reps weight

Lateral raises(numbers per arm)
12 @5​

Biceps
Barbell Curls reps weight
Concentration Curls(numbers per arm)
12@15​

Hammer Curls(numbers per arm)
12@15​

Triceps
Triceps Pushdowns

Seated Triceps presses
12@20​

Is that format overkill?

Anywho, afterwards I still had energy, not crazy flighty energy, but not wiped out, so I did a half hour of cardio as per my normal protocol, 2 minutes warmup, 24 minutes at mid 150s HR, 2 minutes at 170s, 2 minutes at 180s, collapse off bike :D

Got back, mixed another syntrax/betagen and started drinking and updating here. Used a keto stick, and i'm at between 40-80 mg/dl, so i'm in solid ketosis I think, any comments there? yesterday I was between 5-15, so just whacking the fats in did the trick. I'm going to have to go to the grocery store to find the fattiest cuts of beef I can :D Nah, i'm probably going to buy some flax oil and others like that which I can spoon eat. its the only way i'll get 250g of fat in a day.

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

So I went to the grocery store yesterday, and also sent my wife on a mission on her way home (she works near a Wild Oats organic/natural store). So I ended up having 2 large pork sausage patties for lunch, with spinach again, probably around 600 calories. I now have Flax, coconut and cod liver oil. Over the span of the day I had 3 tbs of flax, 1 each of coconut + cod. For dinner I had a pork steak wrapped in bacon :D plus 4oz of colby cheese. Overall I think I hit around 18g of carbs for the day, and around 170 each protein and fat. In the evening before bed, I mixed the GNC TR protein wiht only 5 oz of warm water, to try and reduce middle of night bathroom runs. Oh yeah, evening dose of meds of course, and 6 Nitro T3 right before bed.

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3

So why the Arrrrrrrrgh for title? well, I was going to do my 4 weeks on Body For Life weigh in today, but I haven't had a bowel movement in 24 hours (damn cheese) so my weight is higher than it was before I started on CKD (ok, i'm at 207, but i had hit a low of 205.3 earlier in the week). Its not horribly higher, but when you are on a loosing path, gaining sucks. I guess I should take the zen view of "Since I changed to CKD cause my other dieting stalled, I can expect a couple of days before it kicks in 100%". No, I want it now :D So i'm saving my "official weigh in" (ie the one I add to my signature) until tomorrow, and hopefully the porcelain gods shine upon me. I guess I need to go buy a bunch of celery too, and eat that inbetween for fiber.

I got my Reebok 120 heart rate monitor in the mail yesterday. I got it for $31.30 delivered, from ebay. That rocks, as I can't find it cheaper than $80 online. I mostly wanted it since I can't quite trust the bike heart rate monitor, plus it would be nice to look at whats happening during the strength workout. I'm going to wear it today for cardio.

So morning dose of stuff

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3

plus I guess out of anger or irritation, I ripped open the sealed bottle and took 1

Vyotech 17HD

I had considered leaving them sealed, and trading them, but i'm irritated at the weight. I also mixed the

San V12

into some cold coffee. I'm betting that in less than 30 minutes, i'm going to spin the pedals right off the bike :)

No protein, no carbs, no nada, my damn body is going to burn off some fat this morning.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Apparently anger is a better stimulant than ephedra

Well, just got back from the gym, not sure whether it was the 17hd, the coffee, or what, but I think it was the anger. I ended up doing a total of an hour and 20 minutes on the bikes, plus some crunches both straight and oblique inbetween, and if the reebok monitor isn't lying I burned about 1200 calories total. It was 2 hours total in the gym, and my heartrate never dipped below 120. I feel better now. And I don't even really feel tired, thats a nice plus.

Came back and had a syntrax shake, 1 tbsp of flax oil, and 1 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil. Nobody mentioned (though i'm an idoit for not realizing it) that although they say "refrigerate for best freshness" coconut oil goes solid at around 74 degrees, and its like scooping hard frozen ice cream to get it out if its refrigerated. anyhow, not too bad, and I like the taste. Hopefully tomorrow when I do the "official" 4 week weight, i'll be below 205.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
CKD is depressing me

yesterday I had a bacon wrapped chicken thigh with skin on for dinner, plus a salmon fillet, and some celery, plus normal evening dosage

GNC Pro Performance CLA 2
BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3

I've decided to double up on CLA to go with 6 grams total a day. I feel all gross eating like what I had for dinner tho, and have upset stomach all night. I'm going to go back to more liquid proteins, and add flax/cod/coconut oils to stay in keto.

In the morning I check and i'm still between 40-80mg/dl of ketones, so thats good. What really irritates me is that on the scale I come in at 208. I had been as low as 205 at one point during the week when I got irritated about weight loss slowing down. Just goes to show eh? But funny though, visually I look slimmer, even having brought a few pounds back on. I think some amount of it is from sodium + water retention (over a pound each of sausages and bacon in 2 days), and I guess the rest has to be lean mass? Either way, i'm going to clip back on the bacon, and do more syntrax for protein. Took my normal morning dose around 7

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3

I forgot my plans of doubling CLA but will get it from now on. Went to busch gardens for the Elmo breakfast (next weekend is the last one), had scrambled eggs, 4 strips of bacon, 5 sausage links.

Had lunch doses at 12:30

Schiff Glucosamine plus MSM 2
BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 1

2 tbsp of coconut oil, and i'm off to the gym to do cardio till I sweat out all the bacon salt :D according to the body for life workout/cardio schema this should be an off day, but i'm too irritated. Maybe i'll stop once I hit 1000 cal of biking. Actually, maybe i'll try the elliptical today. We'll see.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, I do live the reebok 120

I hit 1000 calories in cardio today as per the heart rate monite. 500 in a half hour on the elliptical and 500 between the 5 minute rest plus 30 minutes on the bike. My heart rate was in the upper 160s the whole time.

I think i'm going to try and hit 3500 calories a week in cardio. I need a specific target, so I guess thats it :) I'm trying to be more aggressive with the weight loss, I don't want to hit the end of the 12 weeks and be disappointed. I don't think I will be either tho.

I ended up eating nothing for lunch. Dinner we had friends over, I roasted 2 chickens on the rotissierie, plus made 2 fillets each of salmon, flounder, and tilapia. Plus there was salad + broccoli. I forgot to make the rice, I guess a side effect of the CKD (since I wouldnt be eating it anyhow). I had some chicken, and a small piece of each of the fish.

Took normal evening dosage of stuff

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3

I'm pondering adding Yellow Gold and trytophan into the mix, but I don't quite want my liver to explode. Sometime this week I should be recieving the Shred-XS to begin logging, so I'll be starting a new log with that. I guess there is no particular additional interaction I have to worry about with those, so what the heck ;)

I started thinking about lipoderm too, I'm just way less sure on that. It seems hard to believe that a topical would do much good, but opinion seems to be on its side. I just hate the thought of spending that much more money. I think since I started hardcore on this all in may, i've spent around $600-700. I know I've spent $150 in protein powders, and I've had more than 1 over $100 GNC trip. Forget about on clothes too!

In january i was 38 waist, XL shirts. Bought 36 waist stuff in april, during may had to rebuy in 34, and size L shirts. Getting close to a 32 waist now BUT the cool part is that I think I'm getting close to moving back to an XL shirt, for chest shoulder and arm size :) So overall its working, but i've spent another $600-800 on clothes this year, and a new round of pants to come. I've already gotten rid of all the 38s, and will get rid of the 36s soon too.

Overall this body transformation is turning out to be quite expensive, but the health cost of not doing it is worse. I guess I'll get the yellow gold, tryptophan and bulk lipoderm. I think i'm crazy enough to add the capsacin and nicotine too, I just need to find somewhere to get it from. I've used the capsacin rubs before for arthritis pain, so using it towards the end of my 12 weeks to get that final definition out of the abs and get rid of love handles sounds ok.

Ah yeah, new pics! 4 weeks between them. The before pics are from a camera phone.
Front 5-14

front 6-10

back 5-14

back 6-10

profile 5-14

profile 6-10

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wonder if anyone is reading this?

I sort of hope so. I guess once I move to the new thread on Shred-XS, I'll get some people looking, i'll have to also refer back to this.

Anyhow, I sort of missed in last nites update that I did actually squeeze into a 32 waist set of pants, and bought them as "motivation" pants. Just some desert camo mid-shin length shorts, but still :)

Took my 6 nitro t-3s before bed, slept pretty well other than waking up before 5. Figured if I fell asleep i'd wake up too late to make it to the gym + work on time and decided to just get ready to go. Last nite lost what little of my mind was left and ordered more CLA less than a week left in current bottle at 6 a day, plus loren (my wife) should probably take it too. That wasn't the loosing my mind part. it was ordering

1x Bulk L-Tryptophan Caps By: NutraPlanet
1x Bulk Lipoderm-Y By: NutraPlanet
1x DiCreatine Malate By: NutraPlanet
1x Raspberry Ketones By: NutraPlanet
1x Bulk PowerFULL By: USPLabs

But, I think that completes my supplements through Aug 6, which is when my 12 weeks of BFL ends. My Nitrix is 2/3 gone and i'm not replacing once its done, and the Nitro T3 basically just has tonite left. About the only other thing I could see is maybe getting Poseidon. To be honest, I had meant to order it with the other things last nite, but when I actually put in the order I forgot.

So i'm getting ready to head off to the gym took morning dose

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3

I took it with cold coffee (leftover Hazelnut Kona blend from last nite) and as soon as i'm done updating this will do a NO-Shotgun/V12 combo and head out with a syntrax nectar/betagen to drink during. I've got 2 hours I can spend at the gym, given the time, so I very well may do the lower body then see if I can do a full hour of cardio. I may not have the ability to :D as today is lower body. Should be interesting, its first day with the heart rate monitor in the strength workout, I can't wait to see what my heart rate does and how many calories it says i'm burning during the strength workouts.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
1k a day? or should it be "I can't drive 55"

So should phase 3 of the Ericonian Fitness program be called 1k a day or I can't drive 55? the relevance is either 1000 calories a day in the gym, or 55 total miles a week on bike/elliptical/treadmill (5 miles on the 3 strength days, 10 miles on the 4 non strength days). Either way, I think this will help. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok, so the reebok 120 says I burned a little over 500 cal doing my lower body workout. I'm putting it in a a different format just to see how it looks. I think the coffee with the morning pills was a bad idea, I felt kind of icky at the gym at moments, and my stomach was odd during the day. I did an agressive workout tho

Quadriceps

Leg Extensions
Barbell Squats
12@105​

Hamstrings

Lying Leg Curls
12@55, [email protected], [email protected], 6@75, 12@55​
Dumbell Lunges
12 each side@25 pounds each hand​

Calves

Standing heel raises
12@125, 10@155, 8@175, 6@205, 24@125​

Abs

Cable crunches
[email protected], 10@150, 8@155, 6@155, [email protected]
lying oblique crunches
12, no weight​

And then I did cardio, after a 5-6 minute rest. I did about 40 minutes on the bike, keeping heart rate in the 160s. Total calories burned for the trip to the gym - 1000.

I did another syntrax nectar/betagen, then headed off to work. At work I took the lunch doses

BSN Nitrix 4

and had a can of chunk light tuna in water. Also a small bag of pork rinds. yum! I think I may try and keep down the biking on lower body days, that seemed to be a bit much really. i need to get in some more calories today, and lots more protein, so the hard work doesn't go to waste.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For dinner I had 6oz of crabmeat with some onions and mayo over a baby greens salad with some peppercorn ranch dressing.

Had evening dose, added some cAMPhibolic to start getting used to forskolin before the Shred XS arrives to log.

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3
cAMPhibolic 1

Later, took 6 Nitro T3s w some of the GNC TR protein. I think tomorrow is last dose of those, i'm not replacing them.

Woke up, took morning doses

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3
cAMPhibolic 1

had a V12, then mixed a syntrax nectar/betagen to sip on ,a nd off to the gym. Did a half hour on the bike with HR around 160, took a 10 minute break, did another half hour at 170, burned 1000 calories in the process. Came home. mixed another betagen/syntrax to sip on the way to work and headed in. Today is winghouse day, so its wings for lunch!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Around 10 wings (naked baked) and 5 breaded fried buffalo shrimp today, in House On Fire sauce. Nice that way.

Lunchtime doses were

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3
cAMPhibolic 2

Felt thru 3ish, started to just about fall asleep then. I think I need to trim back the cardio a little, my legs are feeling it. a half hour on upper body workout days is ok, but after yesterday doing it after lower body, i'm sore.

If anyone is reading this and has some ideas for non leg intensive non-impact cardio, let me know.

Dinner was 3 small meatballs plus one portabello buger patty broken up over a salad. Evening stuff

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3
cAMPhibolic 2

Not much left of the nitrix, maybe 2 -3 days. same on the pre-bed Nitro T-3. But my bulk PowerFULL should be in by then, so i'll just stick with that for now. Looks like the Shred-XS won't make it till next tuesday, pity. Shipping across the whole country (from Washington state). So I'll just continue to take the cAMPHIBOLIC till then. About the only other thing I think I'm likely to add is Reset-AD. I applied for the logger position, but I think even if I dont get that I'll buy a bottle to try it. Right before bed i'm going to take 6 of the Nitro T3s as per usual, and 2 cAMPHPIBOLICs. Tomorrow is upper body, I can't wait! I enjoy those more than the lower for some reason.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Slept pretty well last nite, other than the severe burning from putting some Capzasin on my love handles, belly + knees (LH + belly for fat mobilization, knees for arthitis pain)

I think once I complete the nitrix + nitro t3, i'll stop putting full detail in on doses. But not yet :D

BSN Nitrix 4
MHP T-Bomb II 3
cAMPhibolic 2

V12 + NO-Shotgun (1.5 scoops), then betagen/syntrax and off to gym

Chest
Barbell bench press
12@70, 10@85, 8@95, 6@105, 12@70​
Barbell incline bench press
12@70​

Back
[email protected], 10@75, [email protected], 6@100, [email protected]
12@30​

Shoulders
12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@55​
12 @15​

Biceps
[email protected], 10@50, 8@55, 6@55, [email protected]
12@15​
12@15​

Triceps
Seated Triceps presses
12@30​

Then did 30 minutes on an arc trainer, heart rate between 135-170, total calories for the gym trip 1100.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
man am I a sucker

So yesterday I guess I finalized the supplement stack thru the rest of the BFL challenge. I'm a sucker for the new hot exciting thing, and sadly i have a tendency to drive my credit card balances upward so I added T-Force. It sounded too new and exciting for me to miss ;)

so topically i'm going to use
Raspberry Ketones & Lipoderm-Y mixed
capzasin separately

what goes inside is going to be
T-Force
Shred-XS, possibly Shred-XS-Hardcore once its out
Bulk PowerFULL
DiCreatine Malate
L-Tryptophan Caps
Puritan's Pride Omega-3 Fish Oil with Policosanol
Puritan's Pride Time Release Ultra Vita-Man
Puritan's Pride Focus Complex(fish oils, ALA, ginko, etc)
GNC Pro Performance CLA
Schiff Glucosamine plus MSM
EAS Betagen
NO-Shotgun workout days
San V12

It looks like a good combo for a recomp, plus I should get better sleep :D I may also add Reset-AD if i get selected for that, or I may buy it anyhow. It sounds like something I could use, resetting my adrenal glands.

lunch yesterday was frozen margaritaville carribean shrimp with some lettuce in low carb wraps, some more syntrax in the afternoon, normal lunch doses. Dinner was tequlia lime turkey tenderloins (yum!) over a salad, normal evening doses.

After dinner, we hit Macy's 1 day sale. My wife thinks I should have been gay, the way I shop :D anyhow, I bought some nice shorts and pants in size 32, and almost bought a pair of ecko jeans in size 30. They were an awesome looking pair and didn't have them in larger sizes, and I actually managed to squeeze in and button them, but they were way too tight around the thighs to walk around in. And eckos are cut to be loose in the hips and thighs (relaxed fit I think they call it) so I wonder if even if my waist does get that small whether 30s will work. Thats the side effect of all my bike time I guess. But the triumph part is remembering less than 6 months back squeezing into 38 waists that felt like that....

Cardio day today, can't really decide quite yet on a high intensity low time, or low intensity high time. I think the low intensity, I still am heavier on the scale than I want to be, and need to burn off fat. The hours I have, I probably have one of the best jobs in the world since I have the flexibility to live my life how I want to, and work which particular hours of the day that I want to.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
6-14pm

Well, for cardio I did 30 min bike at 130hr, then a serious of high speed high rep clean and jerks, lateral raises, hammer curls, and bench presses, doing each for 20 reps 3 sets each with less than 60 seconds rest between. Damn but thats quite aerobic. I used dumbells between 10-20 pounds for it. Then I went back to the aerowhatever for another 40 minutes, but hit my target of 1000 total calories in about 32.

I did all protein shakes today except for dinner for a total of 6 of em (so 150gm of protein with no fat or carbs)plus ate about a half cup of walnuts thru the day. Had evening meds, and dinner was a flanders hamburger patty (so fatty you have to pan cook them, they will burst into flame on a grill) broken up over a salad with a few large portobello mushroom pieces. I also had 3 tbsp of flax oil during the day. Normal lunch meds, last nite I finished the Nitro T3, and it looks like 2 days of Nitrix left. The powerFull and T-force should be here tomorrow. I think i'll start the powerFull right away, and save the t-force until the TBombII is done (maybe another week and a half?) and then have enough T-Force to last thru mid august at 4/day.

My legs are a little sore, I think i'm going to get a boxing setup, both a speed bag and a heavy bag. Just can't decide whether to go "old skool" and hang em in the garage, or be comfortable and put them in one of the extra bedrooms :) It may be a little while, not like I need it. I may try and start using the pool for cardio too, even post workout cardio.

Not tomorrow tho. Its legs day again, and the way they feel I need to just make it thru that, and then let them rest till saturday's cardio. Well, all else i'm taking in tonite is going to be a mix again of the muscle mile lite and the GNC TR protein. I have to remember to brush my teeth afterwards, or my teeth will feel nassssty in the morning.

My biceps are showing progress along with the fat loss. I guess something has to be for as brutally hard as I'm working out :) The picture doesn't quite do justice, I think actually it shows less on the tatted arm than the other, but still what the heck. Oh well, I can't wait for the powerFULL/Tryptophan combination tomorrow, should get a nice night sleep out of that, and then saturday is carb day! yay to cyclic ketogenic diets and yay to beer!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Quite a long day. Morning was normal, took normal doses of stuff, took no-shotgun + v12 and 15 minutes later took some betagen + protein to the gym with me.

Lower body day

Quadriceps

Leg Extensions
Barbell Squats
12@105​

Hamstrings

Lying Leg Curls
12@55, [email protected], [email protected], 6@75, 12@55​
Dumbell Lunges
12 each side@25 pounds each hand​

Calves

Standing heel raises
12@125, 10@155, 8@175, 6@225, 20@155​

Abs

Cable crunches
[email protected], 10@150, 8@155, 6@155, [email protected]
incline leg raises
12, no weight​

Decided to not do cardio today, I had already burned 400 calories as it was, not too bad really. I've been overdoing it on the bike, so i'm going to let it all relax a little. I really hustled thru the workout, was done in about 34 minutes, as it was the fathers day breakfast at my younger daughters daycare. Had a hanful of cubes of colby jack cheese, it was the only thing I could eat :) everything else was danishes, etc.

So during the day my bulk powerFULL came in, as well as the lipoderm and other goodies like T-Force. So just for the heck of it, I tried out the powerFULL and damn it tastes like crap. Nice feeling afterwards though, peaceful, relaxed. That plus the tryptophan should make for a niiiiiiice night sleep. I did protein shakes all through the day, and had normal lunch + dinner doses of stuff. Only 1 more day for nitrix, and its done, not to be replaced.

Popped an Aspire36 at around 5:30 ;) had some fun ;) then went to dinner. Had a steak salad and a miller chill at tijuana flats (only 6.5g of carbs!) and headed home. Tonite i'm planning on normal doses of existing bedtime stuff, with the addition of 800mg of powerFULL, and 500mg tryptophan.

Bought some milled flax seed, and some EAS protein (Sams club has 6 pound bags for $25, and its the lower carb variety) plus some carbadvantage bars. I like EAS for those, their taste is the nicest in the low carb bars I think. Pity though, sams doesnt carry the cookies + cream.

Nothing else exciting to report. I've decided that i'm going to continue to run this log, and do a condensed log for the Shred-XS. Mostly because I want a place to record everything. Tomorrow is first re-carb day on my CKD, should be nice :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Woke up around 6 and prepared to hit the gym early only to blow an hour trying to post a Futurama clip about olestra. I can't get the dang media tags to work no matter what I do. I need to find the FAQ on em. I took normal morning doses of everything, but decided to not do protein in my water for cardio. i only did 20 minutes at 130ish hr when loren came to get me as we were supposed to be at her moms to go out to breakfast by 830. Only 200 calories in that time, not horrifying tho.

Went to this little french bistro that has nice menu items, I had a salmon crepe with home fries and a sourdough english muffin. Nice to get some carbs in finally :) Next door is a natural foods store, so I bought some Psyllium husks, some greenfoods mix (smells and tastes like lawn mower clippings, and probably IS) some other fiber products, plus raw almonds and cashews and hemp bread. :D

had lunch doses of stuff, and hooray no more nitrix. So from now on I think I can recap the 3 doses which will be as follows

Morning
bulk powerFULL 800mb
MHP T-Bomb II 3
Shred-XS 2
V12
Betagen
Workout days
NO-Shotgun

Lunchtime
MHP T-Bomb II 3
Shred-XS 2

Evening
MHP T-Bomb II 3

pre-bed
bulk powerFULL 800mb
Tryptophan 500mg

A pretty well rounded supplementation I think for not going hormonal. Possibly will go higher on the nighttime dose of powerfull, but i'll give it some time. Going to a friends for a baby shower around 4ish, should be plenty of beer, we'll shoot pool, probably bbq too. I think the only reason women started doing coed baby showers is so that the men wouldn't all end up at a strip club together out of nothing else to do on a saturday afternoon :) I'm happy to go to this one, these are good friends who used to be our neighbors 4-5 years ago. We both moved out of that neighborhood, and haven't had quite such good neighbors since. So no more excersize today other than vague possibility of swimming, and the same for tomorrow! It will be nice to let my legs recover some before a hard cardio session tuesday.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Unofficial weigh in, 207. I had to squidge around on the scale to get it to read that, it was at 208 to begin with. But the scale, she lies. In the mirror I can see the difference, plus looking at definition on arms, vascularity, etc. Irritating though.

I picked up a set of set of fat measurement calipers

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134356&cp&sr=1&origkw=calipers&kw=calipers&parentPage=search

shows me at 21mm or approx 23% bf. So given the 207 number, my LBM is 160 pounds. So for me to reach 9.9% body fat, I need to either get my weight to 178, or increase LBM in the mean time as well.

So here is a cry for help for anyone reading this. How can I increase LBM by 1lb a week, while loosing fat? If I loose 2.5 pounds a week, while converting 1 lb to LBM, I end up at a LBM of 167, and body weight of 186 for a 10% bodyfat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Doh, I missed a day!

Monday's nutrition was normal pre-workout the workout itself was pretty nice. I'm going to start bolding weights that went up

Chest
Barbell bench press
12@75, 10@85, 8@95, 6@105, 12@70​
Barbell incline bench press
12@70​

Back
12@75, [email protected], [email protected], 6@100, 12@75
12@30​

Shoulders
12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@55​
12 @15​

Biceps
[email protected], 10@50, 8@55, 6@55, [email protected]
12@15​
12@15​

Triceps
Seated Triceps presses
12@30​

Pretty good day, hit the 1000 cal goal with 30 min on the bike. I had decided on monday to try and increase my protein intake to 300g, byt the end of the day I thought better of the idea. Both from a true absorption aspect (looks like research tends to show max of 20-25g an hour) and partially from how I felt, just overstuffed. It was almost all from doing whey shakes @ 50 per shake. Too much really. I started taking the shred-xs, so that will be interesting, its got its own simpler/smaller log (as will reset-ad as I got selected for that too :thumbsup: )

I can definitely feel the difference in taking the powerFull. Fingernails growing like crazy, and I am definitely recomping. I can trace the change in lean/fat ratios by watching the difference in veins day to day.

Tuesday was cardio, I did a bike/arcrider/elliptical split for 30/20/20 to hit my 1000 calories. Bike was at 130-140, Arc as interval (so 130-160), elliptical was HI (so 150-180). I'm now shooting for taking in 8 25g shakes a day, plus my 50g of mixed casein/whey before bed. I also today ordered some BCAAs, Maca, Taurine and more powerFull. I figure i'll do as my pre/during workout 25g whey/5g bcaa, and the same right after, both on strength and cardio days. I may even shoot for 15g of the BCAAs, we'll see.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Wheeeeeew

So tuesday nite I pulled back the couch + coffee table, fired up the DVR and did a half hour (well minus commercials) of Body Sculpting with Gilad. Brutal on the thighs/glutes. Was 350 calories gone by the time I was done, and it felt good!

Wed morning was lower body, and I seriously jammed! I'm liking the Shred-XS so far, it seems to be a decent energizer, yet not speedy.

I've bolded new highs

Quadriceps

Leg Extensions [email protected], 10@100, 8@100, [email protected], [email protected] - Barbell Squats 12@105​

Hamstrings
Lying Leg Curls [email protected], [email protected], 8@75, 6@80, 12@55 - Dumbell Lunges 12 each side@25 pounds each hand​

Calves

Standing heel raises 12@155, 10@175, 8@195, 6@225, 24@155​

Abs

Cable crunches [email protected], 10@150, 8@155, 6@155, [email protected] incline leg raises 12, no weight

Pretty rockin! My calves are gonna be full grown cows soon.

Did 30 minutes on the bike at low intensity, then 15 on elliptical at mid intensity to make my 1000 calories.

Today I had a little more solid food, just subbed in for shakes. I had turkey tenderloin cut up with onions and canola oil mayo for lunch, and pork tenderloins over greens for dinner.

I think I'm going to try and do another FitTV aerobic session tonite, we'll see. It may be a bit rough after the leg workout. I guess the worst that happens is I give up partway through, I'm still in a calorie deficit for the day either way. Its just I was thinking that over the remaining 50ish days left an extra 350 calories a day means 5 pounds more....

Aggressive goals take aggressive action! and as dsade says "Blood sweat and tears doesn't mean crying while you struggle to put your tampon in".

I also added yellow gold to my order from NP. I may just use it for my refeed day, its hard to say right now. I'll definitely use it for that. Since friday is upper body, and it may arrive by then (but might not till sat), I might save the workout for the evening and do some oats or beans and some YG beforehand and see how it works out :) Haven't decided yet.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Man I can't wait till sunday

Cardio day today. I did 30 min on the bike at a 130ish HR, then 15 minutes of high speed low weight stuff (hammer curls @ 10#, clean and jerks with 10#, etc) and jumping jacks inbetween, then 36 min on the artrainer for my 1000 calories. Ate very lightly all day, not on purpose, just worked out that way. Had 2 25g of protein shakes, and a 4oz or so piece of turkey breast and other than that, just water, up till dinner :)
Went to Shanes rib shack, a relatively new bbq chain. I had half a rack of ribs plus some collard greens. So that could be anywhere from 500-1000 calories, no telling. It seemed to be more of a dry rub than sauced ribs, which generally would be towards the lower end, but who knows. Still even at 1000 cals, i'm negative for the day anyhow.

Got the Reset AD today, and silly me I took the first one with a Monster energy drink, and felt it. Been a long time since I felt stims, so i'm going to have to be careful, but it does seem like its working. And by the mirror, the fat loss is working too, just not the weight loss. So i'm not going to worry about it.

The evening cardio went kind of gently, only 220 calories burned during the show. Oh well.

Tomorrow is upper body, and should be interesting in a few ways. For one, i'll have Reset AD in the mix, so I'm not sure just how much like a shotgun the NO-Shotgun will hit me. That plus I bought some walmart creatine monohydrate ($8.40/400g) just for the heck of it, so i'll probably mix in 5g of that with the betagen and san v12. I'll be creed out for sure. And then even more fun, tomorrow or Saturday the NP order should arrive, and i'll be tacking BCAAs and Taurine into the mix, and starting to raise carbs some I think (but with the use of Yellow Gold :) ). I'll recap everything for monday, there may be a few days of toying with the yellow gold. I tolerate no blood sugar pretty easily, so I think i'll enjoy it. I already bought some no sugar oatmeal, and have some high protein breakfast cereal also no sugar added, and some cans of beans and sweet potatos, so i'm all set. I think so long as I can maintain the workout levels I am doing (both strength and cardio) getting a few more calories in shouldn't hurt, it might even help.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Whump there it is

Well that was a rough, but good morning
new highs are bolded

Chest
Barbell bench press - 12@85, 10@95, 8@105, 6@115, 12@85 - Barbell incline bench press
12@75

Back
12@75, [email protected],8@100, [email protected], 12@75 - One-arm dumbell rows(numbers per arm)
12@30​

Shoulders
12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@55 - Lateral raises(numbers per arm)
12 @15​

Biceps
12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@50 Concentration Curls(numbers per arm) 12@15 - Hammer Curls(numbers per arm) 12@15​

Triceps
Triceps Pushdowns
12@50, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Lying Triceps presses 12@30​

It was amazing. I just about got dizzy during the bench presses, I was exerting myself so hard. The Reset AD is great! this was with only 1 scoop (instead of 1.5) of NO Shotgun. It all felt good the whole way through, even tho I was straining. The downside was that getting in the additiona 500 calories of excersize from cardio afterwards was sheer living hell. I just had no desire to, and not much energy either. Still, I struggled through it at low intensity stuff, took longer than usual, but i'm not going to fail or cheat, i'd only be cheating myself.

My additional order came in and I tried the yellow gold. Lunchtime I had 500mg and 15 min later had 25g of carbs all by themselves (irish oats), and didn't really notice a lot, maybe a little. Dinnertime I had 500mg and a whole grain sandwich bun and baked french fries (probably 55g carbs) and can feel a bit, and see some increase in vascularity. For now, I won't monkey with it again (in terms of toying with dosing + carb count) until monday, when its strength day again. Then I think what I'm going to do is take a myoplex shake (that gets most of its carbs from maltodextrin) and mix in some additional carbs from oatmeal, try and hit maybe 60g pre-workout, see how it goes.

I'm starting to feel really good about meeting my goals, they are still crazy aggressive, but the additional support added by the reset ad will leverage the effects I should have been getting from the stims i'm taking. I can't wait till aug 6, when I can stop taking supps and all for a while (except the reset) and just let my body return to normal​

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, I did the math, and to reach 185 not including excersize, i'd have to be at 500 calories a day. Luckily when I factor in excersize, I'm actually on target with maybe 1500-1600 calories a day intake. Seems crazy. So with using the YG, I'm putting some carbs back in my diet. For instance this morning I had what I think will now be my normal pre-workout supps

bulk powerFULL 1g non strength days, 2g strength days
YG 500mg
MHP T-Bomb II 3 (will be 1 T-force soon)

I'm going to make the effort to make the powerfull be the first thing I take, and delay the YG to the last. Then for breakfast it will be some close variation on

20g whey isolate
25g complex carbs from oats
5g bcaa
Sans v12

about 15-20 min after the yg. Then as a during workout drink

5g bcaa
5g taurine
betagen
5g creatine monohydrate

And the same as post workout, with the addition of 25g whey isolate. Doing that math puts me at 380 cal by the time I am done at the gym, so -620 for the day so far :) Thats 150+ calories over what i've been doing, due to the addition of the BCAA/Taurine/Carbs. So through the rest of the day, I've got around 1100 to spend to reach a total of 500 + excersize. 400 will be in whey, putting me at 150g protein from that, leaving 700. That can easily be split into 2 solid 350 cal meals, probably a fish fillet or chicken breast with veggies + maybe some whole grain something. I still need to play with the carbs and yellow gold to figure out whether I want to stuff more protein in, or carbs.

Its definitely still doable, just not easy, and not necessarily all that healthy. I'm rewinding 21 years of not caring for my body (last time I was in shape I was 18) in the span of 7 months. Actually I will be in way better shape than I was when I was 18. I have packed on some more muscle mass over the years (not much, but a few pounds) and with my aggressive training now by the time I reach target i'll definitely have added another few pounds of muscle. Plus given the completely crazy levels of cardio i've been doing, i've got WAY more physical endurance than ever.

Plus, I dont intend to stop once I reach the aug 6 date either. I'll probably take a 1 or 2 week break from strength training, and at least a 6 week break from any supplements that dont have a USRDA. I'm kind of addicted now, and I'd like to see what i can do in terms of muscle growth, and maybe even compete some day. Anyhow, i'm just babbling now, off do to domething useful :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
did 3 episodes of Total body sculpting with gilad last nite for another 960 calories. Definitely things are coming together, but I really can use the rest day tomorrow to let my lower body muscles heal up some. The high levels of cardio are definitely taking their toll. I feel good overall though, just soreness :)

Down to 205 pounds now, was 208 last sunday, so 3 pounds in a week. I think i'm about where I need to be now in terms of supplements and all, and if I can maintain the 3/week over the next 6 weeks it puts me at 187.

I'm really going for the look rather than an artificial number, so if the combination of powerFull and Yellow Gold (plus the tribulus) also has me putting on muscle at the rate I think it is, i'm all set. I think I'm seeing about some amount of LBM added, as strength continues to climb in all areas. Not by roid style leaps and bounds, but has continued to make 5-10 pound gains in excersizes each week.

Caliper reading is at between 19-20 mm, so I'll go with the 21.8% bodyfat (vs 21mm for 23.2% last week). Hmm still puts me at 160.3 vs 159.7 for .6 pound gain in muscle with 3 pounds of weight loss. Having just added the yellow gold friday, maybe that will help push that up to 1 pound a week of lean mass added. Hard to say anyhow, the calipers arent exactly perfectly accurate in such a small change.

at 1 pound a week, I'd end up at lets say 167 of LBM at the end of this, so to see 10%bf, i'd be right at 185.5, which is right in line with my loss. I guess I'll look pretty defined at 10%? I really have no idea :) since its been 20 years since I was that light, and this time i'll have more muscle mass as well. Oh well, we'll see, 6 weeks to go.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I posted new pictures to the gallery as well, not a huge change in the 2 weeks as there was only 3 pound difference, but i still want to do the pics every 2 weeks.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
psyllium psyhits

I was an idiot last nite. was making a shake and didn't have a clean spoon handy so I just shook some psyllium in. I think I must have put in at least 1/4 cup, as my wife said somethign and I turned as I was shaking it in. Normal is a couple teaspoons. I looked at it, and said "eh, it can't be that bad" Well thuffering thuccotash, it was bad. That stuff is so hydroscopic, that I ended up having to re-add water to the shake 3 times to be able to get it to fluid again vs a gel. I'm not sure why I was so retarded and didn't just toss it. I woke up in the morning 4 pounds heavier than the morning before, and was so constipated it was hard to believe. By the time I left for work I took 2 craps each 2 pounders (I weighed myself before and after) and still feel all bloated and constipated. It also made a mess of my workout (which was before the toilet runs), combined with having stubbed my toe on a dumbell last nite in the bedroom, and hard exertion during the workout. The actual strength part went fine, but I just didn't have it in me to do much cardio after. I hit a total of 620 calories in workout + cardio. I'll update later with the workout totals. Oh and I decided to try and not use the NO-Shotgun, just see how it felt. I'll be using the no-shotgun from now on :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The calves go mooooo

Ok, so here is today's workout

Quadriceps

Leg Extensions [email protected], 10@100, 8@100, [email protected], [email protected] - Barbell Squats 12@125

Hamstrings
Lying Leg Curls [email protected], 10@75, 8@75, 6@75, 12@55[/B] - Dumbell Lunges 12 each side@25 pounds each hand​

Calves

Standing heel raises 12@225, 10@245, 8@265, 6@285, 24@195

Abs

Cable crunches 12@150, 10@150, 8@155, 6@155, [email protected] incline leg raises 12, no weight

Still a good workout, I would have done even a little better with the no-shotgun and not having 5 pounds of psyllium and water in my intestines :) I drank a Myoplex too pre-workout, that part I liked. I'm going to do at least 300 cal of cardio tonite to make sure I do at least the 1k in the day, may go for marathon time tonite and do it till I can't

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Today was a 1720 calories in cardio day total, and looks to be a roughly 1250 calories in intake. tack in my BMI of say 2100, and i'm at around a 2570 calorie deficit. I should be able to loose 3 pounds every 4 days at this sort of rate. I've been slowly accelerating up to here, I think this is about as far as I can push it though. I might be able to make it to 2000 calories a day in excersize, it will definitely be hard. I may have to after the hawaii trip, depending on how that all goes :) But i'm not going to push any harder for now, because the absolute worst thing that could happen between now + then would be for me to injure a leg muscle, and not be able to have any fun on the trip.

I think tonite is a good time for a nice hot bath. Thankfully I have a corner jumbo size jacuzzi tub in my bathroom. maybe some epsom salts in it tonite, I could use something :)

Oh yeah, i've moved dosing around a little, i'm actually taking the yellow gold AFTER workout rather than before. I can't quite seem to get enough complex carbs in between when I take it and workout time, or something like that. So the YG is leaving me short term carb starved, which blows during a workout. I felt better doing no carbs on a ketogenic diet :) so instead i'm taking it after workout, when i have a little more time to stuff some carbs down with it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, yesterday wasn't exactly best day in terms of meeting my goals, but it was decent for an upper body day

Chest
Barbell bench press - 12@85, 10@95, 8@105, 6@115, 12@85 - Barbell incline bench press
12@75

Back
12@75, [email protected], 8@100, [email protected], 12@75 - One-arm dumbell rows(numbers per arm)
12@30​

Shoulders
12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@55 - Lateral raises(numbers per arm)
12 @15​

Biceps
12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@50 Concentration Curls(numbers per arm) 12@15 - Hammer Curls(numbers per arm) 12@15​

Triceps
Triceps Pushdowns
12@50, [email protected], [email protected], 6@75, 12@50 Lying Triceps presses 12@30​

Not too bad weightwise, burned 500 calories. But I had to run to a meeting in the morning, so I had no time to do cardio after. And then in the evening I was helping out and talking to a friend who lives in the phillipines, so I didnt' do my evening cardio :p

Soooooo that means I went extra crazy this morning. Total was 1350 calories burned. I did a half hour on the bike as warmup, then attempted to burn 400 calories in 20 minutes on the arctrainer. I didn't make it, only hit 380. My pulse was going too high anyhow, so thats not a sensible goal. Did about 50 high speed clean and jerks with 10 pounds per hand (palms down too for some forearm workout), then did 30 lunge triceps kickbacks, then 30 minutes more on the bike.

I had an interesting weight loss idea, that I may try to work out. I need a better body fat measurement system first, as I need it to be 100% accurate before and after, to make sure that i'm not catabolizing when I do this. If it works though, i'm going to create a business out of it :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, did another 650 calories burn in under an hour in 2 episodes of total body sculpting this evening for a total of 2k for the day. makes up for yesterday :)

Nothing too new to report, I think my combo of supps is working out really well, and i've got some synergy going. Mirror changes are happening faster than scale changes, which is good. 2 weeks to hawaii too :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, I did just 650 calories this morning between lower body workout and cardio, but it was on purpose. I really feel like i've been overtraining. Its not entirely the physical part that is an issue (althought thats some of it) but its also mental. 2 hours a day 6 days a week is just a bit much mentally, its hard to maintain resolve. But...

205 on 6/24 to 185 on 8/6 is 20 pounds in 6 weeks, or 70,000 calories of deficit in that time, or 11667 a week or 1667 a day.

2000 cal daily as BMR, i'm looking for a deficit of 1667 means I can eat 333 calories. I'm calling body acting as starvation at 1300 calories, so I need to do 1000 calories of excersize to allow myself to eat the 1300 calories.

So that is all I am going to do, not push further. also, my BMR should accelerate a little towards the end, as I believe I am putting on some amount of muscle.

New plan is to on strength days do strength portion, plus light cardio to reach 600-750 range, then in the evenings do a single session of one of the aerobic shows. Then on cardio days, hammer through the full 1000 calories worth in the morning split as low intensity 1/2 hr, hi intensity 1/2 hr, low intensity 1/2 hr. I'm mainly trying to give my body parts a little better opportunity to heal up inbetween, so I can see some additional muscle growth as well.

Its actually fairly easy to do that for the upper body, much harder for lower as most cardio focuses heavily on lower body motion. I'm even pondering lowering the intensity of the weight workouts, and doing 6 days of cardio instead as for the aug 6 date my bodyfat % and weight are my real targets. I dont want to loose muscle in the meantime, but doing some of the full body aerobic workouts like Gilad's total body sculpting should help at least maintain what is there.

I still need to think about it more, but I dont really have a lot of time to make many more changes, at least not in time for the Body For Life Challenge. There are some parts of me that want to just say to hell with the challenge and lighten up on everything (and move my targets to end of september), but I feel so close to being able to actually do this. Like I said, at this point my worst issues are mental, not the pain in my thighs :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So friday's lower body workout went like this

Quadriceps Leg Extensions [email protected], 10@100, 8@100, [email protected], [email protected] - Barbell Squats 12@125

Hamstrings Lying Leg Curls [email protected], 10@75, 8@75, 6@75, [email protected] - Dumbell Lunges 12 each side@25 pounds each hand

Calves Standing heel raises 12@225, 10@245, 8@265, 6@285, 24@195

Abs Cable crunches 12@150, 10@150, 8@155, 6@155, [email protected] incline leg raises 12, no weight

Nothing earthshattering, but a good workout. it was after that workout though, that I decided my legs needed a rest. So no more heavy cardio, nothing crazy. From this point forwards its m/w/f strength workout + 10-20 min LITE cardio, t/th/s lite - 30-40 min moderate cardio. And thats it. No more pushing like mad, no more trying to burn a jillion calories a day. The mental drain was too much, and my thighs have been sore every day for weeks. So I also skipped saturday normal cardio for some extra rest (but went to adventure island and walked around and swam, so got some activity) and sunday was just walking around the bradenton/ellenton outlet mall for a few hours.

I decided as well that I was going to rebalance my diet, and forget about going truly low carb. I'm still keeping more of my total intake being from protein, but its closer now, something like 50/35/15 protein/carb/fat.

Monday was upper body:

Chest Barbell bench press - 12@85, 10@95, 8@105, 6@115, 12@85 - Barbell incline bench press 12@75

Back Wide Grip Lat pulldown -12@75, [email protected], 8@100, [email protected], 12@75 - One-arm dumbell rows(numbers per arm)
12@30

Shoulders Seated Dumbell Press - 12@50, 10@55, [email protected], 6@75, 12@55 - Lateral raises(numbers per arm) 12 @15

Biceps Barbell Curls - 12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@50 Concentration Curls(numbers per arm) 12@15 - Hammer Curls(numbers per arm) 12@15

Triceps Triceps Pushdowns 12@50, [email protected], [email protected], 6@75, 12@50 Lying Triceps presses 12@30

Again, nothing earthshattering, but a solid workout. It was a little odd because since other people were using the smith machine and other machines, I did things in a different order than usual, which would affect it some anyhow. Also, I again dropped the no shotgun. Although I could definitely feel it was missing, I kind of liked not having that feeling. Overall a good workout.

Tomorrow will be back to cardio, and I think I'm just going to do 20 minutes at low intensity on the bike as warmup (maybe 120 pulse) and then do another 20 at full out on the arctrainer. I figure I'd rather have the time to actually heal inbetween workouts and grow muscle than wreck myself trying to loose another pound. As it stands, I can definitely see that I am converting fat into muscle. Other people can too, quite a few ask me what i'm doing to loose the weight.

The love handles are shrinking bit by bit, and i'm now getting into size 32 pants. Barely, but getting in :) So even if there has been little change in weight over the last week, there is still a change in bodyfat. And thats good enough for me, if I never drop below 200 I dont care so long as I can still reach a 10-12% bodyfat level.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
moo

Yesterday was a light 30 minutes of cardio on the bike, just enough to warm up, not really feel it. I'm back to mostly solid foods rather than shakes, and taking in a bit of carbs too (all complex, after YG), not much really probably around 100-150g/day. Still taking in around 200g of protein a day, and a hair more fats, it just ends up coming along with the carbs. I ordered some WMS from np to help work that out, but also bought some whole wheat flour to do some baking too. Made corn muffins with that and corn meal, turned out good.

today was lower body day, and the no-shotgun has gotten retired completely, and i'm still posting good solid numbers

Quadriceps Leg Extensions [email protected], 10@100, [email protected], 6@125, 12@100 - Barbell Squats 12@155

Hamstrings Lying Leg Curls [email protected], 10@75, 8@75, 6@75, [email protected] - Dumbell Lunges 12 each side@25 pounds each hand

Calves Standing heel raises 12@245, 10@245, 8@265, 6@315, 24@195

Abs Cable crunches 12@150, 10@150, 8@155, 6@155, [email protected] incline leg raises 12, no weight

So MOOOOOO again, the calves are serious going. at 315, the smith rack shakes a little, and its a little scary. But the way I have the blocks set, its only an inch or so if I drop it, so I think its ok.

I'm feelin good overall, I think my supplementation and diet are working out better now. Rather than try and go crazy extreme, i'll just stick with a solid plan, and if I dont quite reach my goal by aug 6, big deal so long as I am still seeing continuous improvement. Trying to rocketship it and speed it up really wasn't helping. I think i'm down to 202 or so today, hoping to see the downside of 200 by the end of the weekend.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thursday i did a Total Body Sculpting episode for cardio in the evening, and I think I overdid it a little as my shoulder was hurting in the morning. Friday's upper body workout was pretty good given the sore shoulder

Chest Barbell bench press - 12@85, 10@95, 8@105, 6@115, 12@85 - Barbell incline bench press 7@85

Back Wide Grip Lat pulldown -12@75, [email protected], 8@100, [email protected], 12@75 - One-arm dumbell rows(numbers per arm)
12@30

Shoulders Seated Dumbell Press - 12@50, 10@55, [email protected], 6@75, 12@55 - Lateral raises(numbers per arm) 12 @15

Biceps Barbell Curls - 12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@50 Concentration Curls(numbers per arm) 12@15 - Hammer Curls(numbers per arm) 12@15

Triceps Triceps Pushdowns 12@55, [email protected], [email protected], 6@75, 12@50 Lying Triceps presses 12@30

I felt good I managed to just maintain with the shoulder feeling the way it did. Next wed ought to be a good upper body day, I can feel it.

Roasted a turkey for some cheap protein, Publix has fresh turkeys for 1.39 a pound, a 14 pounder probably yields 11 pounds of meat, so not bad at all. Turned out really good, I've got a convection oven, and rather than stuffing the body with stuffing, I put in some cut in half oranges + lemons, plus herbs. Really turned out nice.

Weight is about 202 today, but with the extra heavy eating turkey yesterday one good bathroom trip may drop a bunch of that. I'm thinking 200 is a fair possibility for tomorrow, which would be great. I'd really like to see 199.9 (yay for digital scales) so we'll see.

Yesterday my new NP order came in with a couple of goodies to be added to the mix, so now I've added Osteobolin-C for cissus, taking 8 a day not sure yet how i'll spred them. I'm considering the 1 every 90 minutes, as that will keep vit-c levels highest, but that is a pain. I also bought 5 bottles of clear edge as well damn, at $3 a bottle why not? The rest of what I got was bulk Beta alanine for pre-workout, plus Cordygen5, WMS, and proteins.

I was seriously missing the Syntrax Nectar Roadside Lemonade flavor. The Syntrax Nectars are whey isolates, and basically carb/fat free. No sugar added, they use citric acid to give some bite and flavor as well as artificial flavors. Really good stuff, and mixes nice and thin. The powder is actually tasty enough to eat with a spoon.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yesterday was just maintenance, no real gains

Quadriceps Leg Extensions [email protected], 10@100, [email protected], 6@125, 12@100 - Barbell Squats 12@155

Calves Standing heel raises 12@245, 10@245, 8@265, 6@315, 24@195

Felt good tho, so thats all that counts. For loosing weight the whole time, just maintaining isn't bad. And as far as loosing weight goes, hit 200 on the scale today. so I should pretty easily be at 199 or 198 come sunday. "Pity" is that i'll be in hawaii so a different scale. I may weigh myself saturday morning before the flight and just post that, as it would be more accurate. Feeling good, headed over for 1/2 hr of biking at the gym right now

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yesterday was upper body, very nice day on shred-xs-hardcore, wads of energy to spare!

Chest Barbell bench press - 12@85, 10@95, 8@105, 6@115, 12@85 - Barbell incline bench press 7@85

Back Wide Grip Lat pulldown -12@75, 10@100, [email protected], 6@125, 12@75 - One-arm dumbell rows(numbers per arm)
12@30

Triceps Triceps Pushdowns 12@55, [email protected], 8@75, 6@80, 12@50 Lying Triceps presses 12@30

pretty solid! I still sorta feel like i'm working little girl weights with the bench so low, but the lat pulldowns are working, I tried doing some light posing in front of my wife last nite, and she said the difference from the back was significant. Just to go back in time, in 8 weeks i'm up 20# on bench, 25# on lat, 7.5# on shoulders, 12.5 on bis, and 12.5 on tris. Not bad at all having lost 8-10 pounds of weight in that time. I actually have the paper trail back to may... so I have been seeing constant growth. Thats all any of us can look for, and i'm pretty happy with the results. I should be able to do way better strength gain wise once I am off the cut, and onto a clean bulk too!

today was cardio, did 10 on a bike for warmup, and 20 of HIIT on a crosstrainer, then headed home to get back to work.

Still hovering around 200#, but we'll see for sure when I weigh on saturday pre-hawaii :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Short update - lower body today, went well

Hamstrings Lying Leg Curls [email protected], 10@75, 8@75, 6@80, [email protected] - Dumbell Lunges 12 each side@25 pounds each hand

Calves Standing heel raises 12@245, 10@245, 8@265, 6@345, 24@195 - I'm going to raise the lower end weights next time

Pretty good, 345 is the max I can fit on the bar given what plates are at my gym.

To recap like with the upper body, since 6-11 i've gained 37# on leg extensions, 5# on leg curls (I think i'm going to lower the hi rep weights, but raise the low rep further), 145# on standing calf raises :D and cable crunches are the same, which is maxed out on the machine. So some progress, I can't go any further with calf raises or cable crunches due to equipment. And proportionately to what my upper body numbers are, I think my lower body is in beter shape already.

Feeling good, although its really hard to eat now that I am taking shred-xs hardcore :) its the most killer appetite suppressant i've ever tried, and as a prior lard-ass, i've tried quite a few. Its completely amazing. Even tho it is also a spectacular energizer (and so great to take for workouts) there is no way I could take it on a bulk. I'd never eat enough. I think today I only ended up with around 900 calories. I had 1 1/2 cups of bran cereal with a protein drink breakfast time for around 300 cals, a 4 egg white omlet with mushrooms + fat free cheese over salad greens for lunch with dressing for around 300 cals, and dinner was pan fried chicken strips over greens with dressing for maybe another 300 cals. And not for any of the meals (other than the cereal first thing)was I hungry at all. Crazy, but good crazy.

I did make one mistake today - I clipped taurine from my drinks. I figured "well if everyone says it supresses back pumps, wouldn't it suppress other pumps during workout?" and maybe it does. But I still should have added some in post-workout but forgot. damn, my left trap/upper obliques are all jittery but since I have to wake up so early I dont want to take a chance on taurine interfering with me falling asleep. So i'm gonna wing it.

Tomorrow this time i'll be in Oahu, probably riding in a tax or shuttle to the hotel. Fun awaits!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, I had a lot of "meant to"s while I was on vacation. Among the "meant to"s I did was see Pearl Harbor, spend time on the beach, go snorkeling, eat some good food. The things I didn't do were work out or update my logs :)

But pretty impressive overall I thought, with drinking a bit plus eating moderately heavily (though fairly clean most of the time) I managed to stay flat weightwise. Thats pretty good for a vacation, I think. I was pretty active the whole week as well, between lots of walking as well as snorkeling. Really only spent a couple of hours total on sunbathing during the week, most of the rest was a bunch of running around. And a new tattoo. I ended up tahitian style symbolism rather than hawaiian or samoan just because I liked that style better

My p-slin also arrived during the week while we were gone, so I should be all set to hit the gym hard come monday, and start trying to make up for the lost week.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I broke 200lbs today for the first time! I guess some of my weight yesterday (at 200#) was bloat from eating the way you do on airlines, and it all settling in my intestines or something, since i weighed in at 198 today! whoohoo!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Heres just a pair of front/back, from 5/14 when I started the body for life challenge, 6/10 when I started this log, and today. Quite a difference over 10 weeks i'd say! A total of about 20 pounds lost in that timeframe, plus a little bit of muscle gain.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
the details are seeming to escape me...

Started on pslin this week, but due to unforseen box in the mail, i'm going to discontinue it for a bit (more on that later). Its the most amazing crazy stuff there is tho. I never got the real pump feeling from the bulk YG, but wow on pslin. I couldn't finish my arm workout (lower body was fine that day). After thinking about it, its probably because bis/tris get worked in the compound exercises early in the workout so are super pumped. Plus I ate the oats only about 20 minutes pre workout (since I workout first thing) and hit bis/tris about 40 minutes later, so right at the hour mark... anyhow monday's upper body

Back Wide Grip Lat pulldown -12@75, 10@100, [email protected], 6@125, 12@75 - One-arm dumbell rows(numbers per arm)
12@30

Biceps Barbell Curls - 12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@50 Concentration Curls(numbers per arm) 7@15 - Hammer Curls(numbers per arm) 8@15

Triceps Triceps Pushdowns 12@55, [email protected], 7@75, 5@80, 12@50 Lying Triceps presses 12@30

The pump in my bicep was completely crazy. Even during the 12@50 I could feel it. The low reps were WAY harder to make it thru than any time before. Not bad tho!

Wed was lower, and I experienced none of the crazy pumps, but also I had all sweet potatos for carbs

Hamstrings Lying Leg Curls [email protected], 10@75, 8@75, 6@80, [email protected] - Dumbell Lunges 12 each side@25 pounds each hand

Calves Standing heel raises 12@265, 10@265, 8@295, 6@345, 24@195

Some increases on the lower weights on standing heel raises, but nothing else. Not bad tho as far as I'm concerned.

Only 10 more days now left in my body for life challenge, and I weighed in at 197 this morning. Not quite enough time to hit the 185/10% bf I had planned on, but pretty impressive overall really. 20 lbs in under 11 weeks with one week being a vacation is solid weight loss, and i've had strength gains the whole time as well. I'm guessing i'll hit around 193-194 by the end.

That will leave me another 8-10 pounds I think to loose to get the "look" that I want bodyfat wise. Probably take 3-4 more weeks, then after that the fun starts! Plan is to do a slow bulk, looking for 1/2lb or so gain a week in lean mass using all natural stuff. And then maintaining that over the next 6 months or so, to get back over 200lbs but staying under 10% bf. Its going to be a fun year!

I guess beyond the original reasons I talked about for getting into bodybuilding, a piece of this is the thought of my 25 year high school reunion. I was class of 1985, so 2010 it is. I've managed to be successful in career + family, so the only thing left I can show off in is my body, and I want to really wow them there :) particularly since I was a meatball thru most of high school

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, thursday my prize pack from the totally insane applied nutriceuticals contest arrived, and it had some of their new anabolic aka stim free rpm in it so I started taking it. I was pretty impressed

Chest Barbell bench press - 12@85, 10@95, 8@105,6@150 - prior was 115!!!, 12@85 - Barbell incline bench press 7@85

Back Wide Grip Lat pulldown -[email protected], 10@100, [email protected], 6@125, [email protected] - One-arm dumbell rows(numbers per arm)
12@30

Biceps Barbell Curls - 12@50, 10@55, [email protected], [email protected], 12@50 Concentration Curls(numbers per arm) 7@15 - Hammer Curls(numbers per arm) 8@15

Triceps Triceps Pushdowns [email protected], [email protected], 7@75, 5@80, 12@50 Lying Triceps presses 12@30

Quite impressive on the bench press jump! not sure how much was excitement over a new supplement and how much was real, but way cool either way! Got a good pump from it, not an insane crazy break your skin pump like pslin :) I decided to stop the pslin until i'm through with this new anabolic. So current intake is about like this

Every Day
Fish oil caps
CLA caps
multivitamin
glucosamine/chondroiting/msm
applied nutriceuticals new anabolic
T-force @ 4/day
Reset AD - my best friend ever
Shred-XS Hardcore
Osteobolin-C @ 16/day
powerFull - soon to be replaced by IGF-2
2g beta alanine
5g taurine
10g bcaa
yellow gold

Workout days
EAS Betagen + SANS V12
extra 2g beta alanine
extra 5g taurine
extra 15g bcaa

This is the 2nd bottle of t-force, so i'm guessing its time to stop taking it when its done. Not sure what to shift to next as a test booster really, or whether I should try a few weeks with none? I need to decide soon :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Monday was also a pretty hot workout day

Quadriceps Leg Extensions [email protected], [email protected], 8@125, [email protected], 12@100 - Barbell Squats 12@155

Hamstrings Lying Leg Curls [email protected], 10@75,8@80, [email protected], [email protected] - Dumbell Lunges 12 each side@25 pounds each hand

Calves Standing heel raises 12@265, 10@285, 8@315, 6@345, 24@195

I was happiest to break thru the 80 pound boundary on the lying curls, I'd been sitting there a while.

Wed was upper, not so exiting, but decent

Chest Barbell bench press - 12@85, 10@105, 8@125, 6@135, 12@85 - Barbell incline bench press 7@85

12@30

Triceps Triceps Pushdowns 12@55, [email protected], 8@75, 6@80, 12@50 Lying Triceps presses 12@30

From the scale, it looks like I may be stuck at 197. It seems ridiculous given the amount of calories I take in (yesterday was around 1450) and the work level that I could manage to get stuck. I hit 197 on sunday, should have managed to drop at least a pound since. The cool thing is that it seems that Drive is helping in a major recomp way instead, as I can see (and feel) the difference. My waist is down between 1/2 + 3/4 of an inch i'd estimate, and I can see more definition EVERYWHERE. Even the calipers are reading lower, with no change in weight. Which really is even better than loosing the weight :)

This is the last week of my body for life challenge too, so in some ways the pause in weight loss is a little extra irrititating. Its been a good 12 weeks, I learned a lot in that time. Really a pity I didn't wait a little longer to actually enter the contest, as I think as big as the transformation was from 5/14 to now, the change from 6/10-the end of august will look even more. The next 3 weeks from now is when the love handles will be really disappearing, and some definition in my abs starts to show. Oh well, either way I'll get there :D

Depending on how progress ends up at my final weigh in this weekend, I may end up making some more mods to what I am taking. I am quite close to the short term goal, and want to make sure I hit it by the end of august at least.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
From 6-17 the calipers read around 21mm, today around 13, putting me at 16% now. Its been a steady 1%ish a week, which basically means my 2lbs of weight loss a week has been fat, not muscle. That was fairly obvious to me, as strength has continued to go up, but its nice to have more confirmation

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Keep up the good work!

Ever think about doing some workouts more geared towards fat loss?

Like Charles Poliquin GBC?
Chad Waterbury's Summer Project?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I kinda think at this point i'm heading into a recomp. I really had a target of under 10%, so i've maybe got 10-12lbs to go. I figure if I were to maintain scale weight, but gain 1lb lean body mass a week for the next 3 months, I hit my goal. Looking at the last 3 weeks, i've only lost 1 lb of scale weight, but I can see the difference in my waist, even in the definition on my forearms. So i'm pretty sure that in that time i've had some amount of recomp success. I'm going to look into those as well tho, just because I am getting a little bored of the same routine.