Hyperdrol X2 - non-sponsored log

jtt

Awards
Day 3

Purpose: I'm finishing up my typical spring cut and was intrigued by the recent reviews referencing pumps and endurance associated with Hyperdrol X2. I find it difficult to obtain pumps during a cut especially the last 4-6 weeks due to carb cycling. My endurance fades as well. Let's see if the addition of X2 in a calorie and carb deficit environment provides any benefits.

Current stats: measurements taken every Friday - cold and flexed first thing after morning piss (5:00 am).
Ht: 6'
Wt: 165 lbs - "carb depleted"
Wst: 30.25" - widest part - belly button/love handles
R.arm: 14.75"
R.thigh 21.75"
Body Fat (9pt system) 9.0%

Goal: My last few cuts and subsequent bulks have yielded a higher finished weight and strength for a given waist size. Goal is a 28" waist at a body weight greater than my cut last year 152.5 lbs - target is 158 lbs although I would settle for 155 lbs. My first attempt 28" waist (few years back) took me below 145 lbs.

I received my bottle of X2 Wednesday and took the first dose that evening. I took 4 pills Thursday (rest day) and 4 so far today.

Today I did back and biceps - depletion type workout.

Deadlifts:
135* 20
185*12*2sets
225*8

Close grip pull-ups:
5 sets - 12, 11, 9, 8, 8 w/90 second rest between sets.

20 minutes of low intensity cardio - treadmill.

Typical weekly routine:
Mon-Fri - 20 minutes of low intensity cardio first thing in the morning on empty stomach and 20 min sessions after evening workouts.

Workouts: Friday (back/bi), Sat (chest/tri), Mon (legs/shoulders), Wed (hitt/sprints or ab work) - hitt (very brief!) on Wed. really puts me into ketosis on Thurs & Fri.

Diet: As I enter the last portion of a cut, I typically target small meals (Healthy Fat and Protein) every 1.5 - 2 hrs. Sometimes I'm able to get in 10 meals/day. This really helps me lose those last few pounds of fat from my lower back and love handles. This week for instance I ate as follows: Monday - Friday (5:00 pm)

Meal 1: 3 x-large eggs cook in small amt of butter
Meal 2 1 oz walnuts
Meal 3 1 oz walnuts & 25 grams whey isolate
Meal 4 1 oz walnuts
Meal 5 1 oz pecans & 25 grams whey isolate
Meal 6 1 oz pecans
Meal 7 2 small chicken breasts or tilapia fillets or can of chicken & veggies
Meal 8 1 oz almonds
Meal 9 1 cup FF cottage cheese

I'll also have a few daily cups of coffee & green tea and supplement daily with CLA, Sesamin, Fish oil and LEF multi-vitamins.

I target 1.5 lbs/wk weight loss. Some weeks are better than others (depends on how I carb-up), but on average I'm there.

First Impression:
I was/am pleasantly surprised by the pump in my biceps after the CG pull-ups. I haven't had any appreciable carbs since Sunday morning. The pumps were not fantastic - 6 or 7 on a scale of 1-10. However, I never get pumps on a Friday night workout when carb cycling the prior weekend. I've done this type of routine the past several years. I can't speak for endurance as it is too early to tell, but I feel as though the workout was "easier" than normal. Friday workouts are typically my least energized as deadlifts and CG pull-ups serve as both my depletion workout and back/bicep workout -deadlifts and chin-ups on no carbs is very taxing especially when concentrating on form!

Only complaint so far is an increase in hunger. Now I'm a fairly disciplined person but for those who struggle in maintaining a strict diet, X2 will likely be very challenging on a cut.

jtt

Awards
Day 4

Chest/Triceps

Despite being on a cut, I was able to add 2 reps to my first bench set and only dropped down one rep each of the next two sets. I haven't been able to add 2 reps over the past 2 months. One rep - yes there are good days and bad days. Two reps is meaningful. It's still early, but I like what is happening so far.

Pumps were no different than usual, however I carb-up on the weekends and pumps are normally present. It will be interesting to see how next Friday's workout compares to yesterday's regarding pumps and endurance. That will be telling as well as Friday morning stats:

Very hungry today which is requiring more focus to not overeat.

No noticeable change in sleep, vascularity, complexion (oily skin) or libido

jtt

Awards
Day 6

Nothing out of the ordinary to report. Hunger seems to have abated somewhat. Sleep is good and deep.

Changed the routine a little - did a shoulder only workout on Sunday and legs this evening. Won't work out again until Friday. Focus will be on eating clean and two 20 minute low impact cardio sessions tomorrow and again on Thursday.

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
How much protein are you getting each day?? i dunno how much is in each 1 oz of nuts but it seems kinda low...imo.
G'luck and congrats on the strength gains!

-Soma

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How much protein are you getting each day?? i dunno how much is in each 1 oz of nuts but it seems kinda low...imo.
G'luck and congrats on the strength gains!

-Soma
protein does seem low...........

jtt

Awards
Thanks for the comments guys. I get between 175 and 200 gr of protein/day during the week and 350 gr/day on Sat & Sun - major workout days. It's off to cardio for a 30 minute session (includes 4 sets of weighted crunches).

jtt

Awards
Day 9

This Morning's stats:

Wt: 162 lbs - "carb depleted" (down 3 lbs)
Wst: 30.00" - widest part - belly button/love handles (down 0.25")
R.arm: 14.75" (no change)
R.thigh 21.75" (no change)
Body Fat (9pt system) 8.7% (down 0.3%)

Down 3 pounds surprises me. I certainly don't feel it. My guess is that HX2 has reduced estrogen levels and the accompanied water weight. The only diet change this week was the elimination of coffee (starting Tuesday morning). However, I believe coffee is a diuretic so it should not be a contributor. After last weekend's carb-up, I weighed 170 lbs (Monday morning).

Three pounds/wk is twice the rate (1.5 pounds) that I am targeting. I will test and report general strength this weekend. Skin folds were slightly less this morning and probably within typical error range but they were all in the right direction :).

I should also report that I have noticed a slight twinge/pain in my right hip when I start my morning cardio (walking) and when I get-up and move around after sitting behind my desk at work. This could be nothing or it could be related to lower estrogen levels. Will keep an eye out on this.

All things considered, a good first week.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

This Morning's stats:

Wt: 162 lbs - "carb depleted" (down 3 lbs)
Wst: 30.00" - widest part - belly button/love handles (down 0.25")
R.arm: 14.75" (no change)
R.thigh 21.75" (no change)
Body Fat (9pt system) 8.7% (down 0.3%)

Down 3 pounds surprises me. I certainly don't feel it. My guess is that HX2 has reduced estrogen levels and and the accompanied water weight. The only diet change this week was the elimination of coffee (starting Tuesday morning). However, I have believe coffee is a diuretic so it should not be a contributor. After last weekend's carb-up, I weighed 170 lbs (Monday morning).

Three pounds/wk is twice the rate (1.5 pounds) that I am targeting. I will test and report general strength this weekend. Skin folds were slightly less this morning and probably within typical error range but they were all in the right direction :).

I should also report that I have noticed a slight twinge/pain in my right hip when I start my morning cardio (walking) and when I get-up and move around after sitting behind my desk at work. This could be nothing or it could be related to lower estrogen levels. Will keep an eye out on this.

All things considered, a good first week.

I've noticed that with lower estrogen levels my joints get creaky so to speak.

jtt

Awards
Day 11

Strength test yesterday was 1 rep less - so no real change from last week. As I've mentioned, some days are better than others. I have also notice some acne on my scalp near the hairline. The thing that puzzles me is I have not again experienced the same intensity of pump I did on Day 3. Not a great pump, but a pump none the less and on a "depletion type workout". Pain in the hip appears to be gone. No notable improvement in vascularity, energy, workout intensity or mood. Extreme hunger initially experienced has also abated.

Goal for this upcoming Friday is 160 - 161 lbs and 29.50 - 29.75 waist. I will also eat more protein earlier in the week vs. drinking (whey) it - I cooked-up a few extra Chicken breasts and Tilapia fillets.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Strength test yesterday was 1 rep less - so no real change from last week. As I've mentioned, some days are better than others. I have also notice some acne on my scalp near the hairline. The thing that puzzles me is I have not again experienced the same intensity of pump I did on Day 3. Not a great pump, but a pump none the less and on a "depletion type workout". Pain in the hip appears to be gone. No notable improvement in vascularity, energy, workout intensity or mood. Extreme hunger initially experienced has also abated.

Goal for this upcoming Friday is 160 - 161 lbs and 29.50 - 29.75 waist. I will also eat more protein earlier in the week vs. drinking (whey) it - I cooked-up a few extra Chicken breasts and Tilapia fillets.
how many pills are you taking per day?

jtt

Awards
Mace, I'm taking 4 caps/day. 1st morning w/breakfast, 2nd 11:00am on empty stomach, 3rd 4:00 pm empty stomach, 4th 9:30/10:00 pm before bed empty stomach

jtt

Awards
Day 14

Worked legs last night - a fairly decent workout. There are no really notable effects: no feeling of being "on", no mood improvement, no increases in vascularity, no fullness to muscles, no change in libido, no change in workout intensity or endurance.

Positives: I know I am losing fat/weight (official weigh-in this Friday morning) and yet I'm sure I am not losing muscle size and quite possibly it is increasing. I think I might be pleasantly surprised. I've resisted the temptation to step on the scale or breakout the tape measure. Let's see what Friday morning's statistics and Saturday's strength test bring.

jtt

Awards
Day 17

This Morning's stats:

Wt: 161.5 lbs - "carb depleted" (down 0.5 lbs from last week, 3.5 lbs total)
Wst: 29.625" - widest part - belly button/love handles (down 0.375" from last week, 0.625" total)
R.arm: 14.75" (no change!)
R.thigh 21.75" (no change!)
Body Fat (9pt system) 8.0% (down 0.7% from last week, 1.0% total)

Very happy with this week's results. Nice reduction in waist size for only a 0.5 lb weight reduction. My strength test today was up one rep from last week. To recap, I went from 6 reps on the BP prior to the start of X2. First strength test was up 2 reps (8 reps). Second test was up just one rep (7 reps). Today's session was back up to 8 reps. So in 2.5 weeks, I've seen a slight strength increase during a cutting phase. I need to end my cut on 6/8. Typically, during the last phase of a cutting cycle I lose the most strength, muscle mass and endurance as I target those remaining "stubborn" fat deposits (for me lower back/sides). These last 2+ weeks are not typical! I will continue X2 for the remaining 2 weeks. My initial goal for this cut was a 28" waist, but I don't think I will achieve it now with having to end it a little early - only two weeks remaining. I would be happy with 28.5" and another 2.0% BF reduction. In order to do so, I will need to step up the cardio a little. However, I think the X2 is helping control cortisol so I think I can do it with little to no loss in size and strength. If (a big "if") I am able to hit these waist and BF% targets while maintaing 7-8 reps on the strength test and maintaing my muscle size, X2 is definitely a winner. I just wish I "felt" something while on X2. I am going to cut my carb-up 1 day short this weekend - ending it tonight and concentrate on cardio and clean eating Sunday and Monday. Back to work on Tuesday.:(

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 17

This Morning's stats:

Wt: 161.5 lbs - "carb depleted" (down 0.5 lbs from last week, 3.5 lbs total)
Wst: 29.625" - widest part - belly button/love handles (down 0.375" from last week, 0.625" total)
R.arm: 14.75" (no change!)
R.thigh 21.75" (no change!)
Body Fat (9pt system) 8.0% (down 0.7% from last week, 1.0% total)

Very happy with this week's results. Nice reduction in waist size for only a 0.5 lb weight reduction. My strength test today was up one rep from last week. To recap, I went from 6 reps on the BP prior to the start of X2. First strength test was up 2 reps (8 reps). Second test was up just one rep (7 reps). Today's session was back up to 8 reps. So in 2.5 weeks, I've seen a slight strength increase during a cutting phase. I need to end my cut on 6/8. Typically, during the last phase of a cutting cycle I lose the most strength, muscle mass and endurance as I target those remaining "stubborn" fat deposits (for me lower back/sides). These last 2+ weeks are not typical! I will continue X2 for the remaining 2 weeks. My initial goal for this cut was a 28" waist, but I don't think I will achieve it now with having to end it a little early - only two weeks remaining. I would be happy with 28.5" and another 2.0% BF reduction. In order to do so, I will need to step up the cardio a little. However, I think the X2 is helping control cortisol so I think I can do it with little to no loss in size and strength. If (a big "if") I am able to hit these waist and BF% targets while maintaing 7-8 reps on the strength test and maintaing my muscle size, X2 is definitely a winner. I just wish I "felt" something while on X2. I am going to cut my carb-up 1 day short this weekend - ending it tonight and concentrate on cardio and clean eating Sunday and Monday. Back to work on Tuesday.:(
:thumbsup: Let's DO IT! :bb2:

jtt

Awards
Day 21

It has been three weeks since I started dosing X2. Tonight's workout was legs and it was so so. Hard to have a great workout with no carbs for fuel. With the exception of a few pimples on my back, there are no notable effects.

I have added an ECA to my diet to try and rev up the metabolism and lose a little more weight (fat) this week. Man, I have fortgotten how ECA makes one feel and of course the subsequent crash. Dosed twice today - 6:30 am and 2:00pm. I still have a little ECA buzz going and it's approaching 8:00 pm.

jtt

Awards
Day 24

This Morning's stats:

Wt: 160.5 lbs - "carb depleted" (down 1.0 lbs from last week, 4.5 lbs total)
Wst: 29.625" - widest part - belly button/love handles (no change from last week, 0.625" total)
R.arm: 14.625" (down 1/8")
R.thigh 21.5" (down 1/4")
Body Fat (9pt system) 7.2% (down 0.8% vs. last week and 1.8% total)

I was disappointed that my waist measurement stayed the same. BF did dropped nicely though. I'm a little bummed that my arm and leg measurements were slightly lower. The positive was I added another rep to the BP strength test and now I'm at 9 reps up from 6 just 3 weeks ago. I am very suprised by this! Nothing else to reference. Let's see what the last week brings. I'll have to cut back to 3 caps of X2 a day to have enough to last through next Saturday's strength test.

jtt

Awards
Day 32

Yesterday's morning stats:

Wt: 160 lbs - "carb depleted" (down 0.5 lbs from last week, 5.0 lbs total)
Wst: 29.375" - widest part - belly button/love handles (down 0.25 from last week, 0.875" total)
R.arm: 14.5" (down 1/8" from last week, 1/4" total)
R.thigh 21.25" (down 1/4" from last week, 1/2" total)
Body Fat (9pt system) 6.9% (down 0.3% vs. last week and 2.1% total)

The log has ended. This week's strength test yielded a 1 rep reduction vs. last week but that is still 2 reps higher than when I started. I am a little bummed about the size lost in the legs and arms the past 2 weeks but that is typical for me towards the end of a cut.

Overall impression: I was hoping X2 would help preserve muscle while cutting weight (fat). When comparing my last 4 week results to those obtained during past cuts, I can't say definitively if X2 helped in this area. I will say that I have never experienced holding or slightly gaining strength towards the end of a cut. As a result, I believe X2 did help preserve strength.

Overall, I lost 5 pounds in 4 weeks, slightly below my typical weight loss of 1.5 lbs/wk during the later stages of past cuts. I also average 1 1/4 inch waist reduction per 5 pounds of body weight reduction during the second half of previous cuts. I only managed to reduce my waist size by 7/8" this time around. Body fat loss per weight loss was typical to past cuts. I did not experience any other effects from X2 (vascularity, libido, pumps, hardness, etc.) during the past 4 weeks.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being best), I'd rate X2 a "5" solely based on my ability to maintain strength during this phase of my cut. Not sure if I would use again.