Intra X Cell Log

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright, back from the gym after my first dose. Took the caps 15 minutes before my pre workout meal. This consisted of the beta-Alanine around 8-10oz of water. Hit the gym about 10:15am and left about 12:15, so I was there for 2 hours. Today was chest and ab's and the workout consisted of the following:

Flat BB Bench: 145lbs 3 sets at 4-6 reps
Incline BB Bench: 125lbs 2 sets at 4-6 reps

Crunches machine 145lbs 3 sets 10 reps
cable pull down: 80lbs 2 sets 10 reps

The humidity where I live is not bad (San Diego), this usually drains me, and although I only 6-8 hours worth of sleep last night, the workout went well. I did not notice any pumpbut I did not feel drained. I cannot say this was intraxcell because the weather just changed and last week was the first humid week, so my body might be accustomed to the weather change, although I do feel more energetic.

I am eating my post workout meal as we speak: 2 servings of physique.

Tomorrow is back and bi's so I will update then.

My stats are as follows: 5ft5" 135. My bf is at around 11% goal is 8%

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
workout #2

3 caps 15 minutes before lifting. Today was back and bi's. My bi's were pumped and felt good.

Workout was as follows:

wide grip pulldowns 130 lbs 2 sets 4-6
bb bent rows 45x2+bar 2 sets 4-6
dead lift almost 300+lbs 1 sets 4-6 (started over with dead lifts)
barbell curls ez curl 85lbs 3sets 4-6 ( I still swing so I will continue to do 85 on ez till I stop swinging)
dumbbell curl 40lbs each arm 2 sets 4-6

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Nice start, looking forward to following along.:cheers:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to this log! :djparty:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will tell you briefly what foods I eat even though that is not the focus of this log.
Morning 30-50 grams of protein. 600 caloires or so.
Snack 20 grams of protein 400 calories or so.
Lunch 40 grams of protein 600 grams of caloires or so.
Snack 30 grams of protein. 400 -500 calories
Dinner 50 grams of protein. 500 -600 caloires.

Just vitamins and minerals as usual and of couse my intraxcell before my work outs.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Preworkout Nutrition:
-3 caps 15 min before workout

Training:
Tri's and Sholder shurgs

-Energy and Endurance through out the workout
Work was very great today. Right when I got home I took 3 caps. I felt energized and ready to hit the weights. Endurance was great during training and I was able to train very hard.
My Tri's and traps were very pumped and vascularity was great.
Recovery between sets
This is one of the thing I have noticed the most. I have been able to take less time between sets and keep strength up.

Cable pull down 90lbs 2 sets 4-6
Skull crusher 60lbs 3 sets 4-6
Barbell shurgs 100lbs 5 sets 10

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Preworkout Nutrition:
-3 caps 15 min before workout

Training:
Tri's and Sholder shurgs

-Energy and Endurance through out the workout
Work was very great today. Right when I got home I took 3 caps. I felt energized and ready to hit the weights. Endurance was great during training and I was able to train very hard.
My chest and delts were very pumped and vascularity was great.
Recovery between sets
This is one of the thing I have noticed the most. I have been able to take less time between sets and keep strength up.

Cable pull down 90lbs 2 sets 4-6
Skull crusher 60lbs 3 sets 4-6
Very nice DJBomb :cool:

You are experiencing the benefits of IntraXCell right off the bat, which is great! :clap2: Keep it up! :cheers:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll follow along your log too. Hopefully I'll be starting mine sometime soon. My bottle is taking it's time getting up here to Canada.

PS did you get the tingling sensation or not? Because I had a bottle I gave to a friend but took 3 caps and didn't even tingle at all lol

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leg day

Energy-No change from my usual Pump-No pump
Endurance-No change Strength-Up more than usual. Up about 2.5 pounds on leg press and was able to do more reps than usual.

Leg press 8x45 3 sets 4-6 reps
Leg curl 90 2 sets 4-6 reps
Sitting Calve rise 45x3 2 sets 10 reps
standing calve rise what ever the max on the machine is 2 sets 10 reps
Calve press 10x 45 1 set 10 reps

I do get the tingling. I herd that there are some products that are time relased so you don't get that tingling feel.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Leg day

Energy-No change from my usual Pump-No pump
Endurance-No change Strength-Up more than usual. Up about 2.5 pounds on leg press and was able to do more reps than usual.

Leg press 8x45 3 sets 4-6 reps

I do get the tingling. I herd that there are some products that are time relased so you don't get that tingling feel.
Solid leg day DJ! :cool: :squat:

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
PS did you get the tingling sensation or not? Because I had a bottle I gave to a friend but took 3 caps and didn't even tingle at all lol
Not everyone gets the sensation and its not an indication as to weather or not the product is working. Some are just more sensitive to it than others and only need 1-2 grams each dose to feel it and others can consume 3-4 before they feel the tingling sensation. Also for some it goes away with time but for me Im in my second month of IXL and still get it every dose.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout:
Flat 145lbs 2 sets at 4-6 reps ( got cloest to my 6 with better form )
Incline BB Bench: 125lbs 3 sets at 4-6 reps ( got cloest to my 6 with better form )
Standing Barbell Press
25x2 + bar which is 45 2 sets 4-6 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press
45 on each side 3 sets 4-6 reps

Notes:

Pump:
Pump was normal today!!

Endurance:
This was waaaaaaay up as well.

Energy:
I could tell a major difference here than from when I first started taking it.

This stuff is kicking in now. This is awesome stuff!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Workout:
Flat 145lbs 2 sets at 4-6 reps ( got cloest to my 6 with better form )
Incline BB Bench: 125lbs 3 sets at 4-6 reps ( got cloest to my 6 with better form )
Standing Barbell Press
25x2 + bar which is 45 2 sets 4-6 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press
45 on each side 3 sets 4-6 reps

Notes:

Pump:
Pump was normal today!!

Endurance:
This was waaaaaaay up as well.

Energy:
I could tell a major difference here than from when I first started taking it.

This stuff is kicking in now. This is awesome stuff!
WOOOHOOO!!! :head: Great workout :D

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leg day monday

Energy- a little pump sore from martial arts but great energy.
Endurance-No change

Squats 45x2 and bar 3 sets 4-6 reps
Leg curl 95 2 sets 4-6 reps
Sitting Calve rise 45x3 10x1 1 sets 10 reps
standing calve rise what ever the max on the machine is 3 sets 10 reps

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulders and biceps

Barbell shurgs 100lbs 5 sets 10 ( I started to slip from sweat ) I may get the grip bar so I can shurg more.
Barbell curls ez curl 85lbs 2 sets 4-6 ( I still swing so I will continue to do 85 on ez till I stop swinging )
Cable curl 110lbs 1 set 4-6

Pump:
Not too much of a pump today....

Endurance:
felt normal today

Energy:
Energy picked up about half way through workout this time

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Good updates :afro: Keep lifting hard :D :clean: :dl: :squat:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back and Shoulder

Dead lifts 45x4+40 + bar 2sets 4-6 reps
Cable pull down 140lbs 2 sets 4-6 reps
Cable row 110lbs 1 set 4-6 reps
Dumbbell Press 45lbs 3 sets 4-6 reps
Barbell Press 50lbs+ bar 2 sets 4-6 reps

Felt okay today. Nothing new from yesterday.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chest
Flat 145lbs 2 sets at 4-6 reps ( better form )
Incline BB Bench: 125lbs 3 sets at 4-6 reps ( closer to my chest )
Crunches machine 145lbs 3 sets 12 reps

Notes:

Pump:
Pump was normal today!

Endurance:
This was up a bit.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Chest
Flat 145lbs 2 sets at 4-6 reps ( better form )

Notes:

Pump:
Pump was normal today!

Endurance:
This was up a bit.
Sweet! :afro:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Monday

Squats 45x2 2.5x2 and bar 3 sets 4-6 reps
Calve press 10x45 5x1 (the 5 pounder in the middle) 1 set 10 reps

Energy- good.
Endurance-No change, maybe not enough water.
Gym was packed today.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulders and biceps
Barbell curls ez curl 85lbs 1 sets 4-6 ( I still swing so I will continue to do 85 on ez till I stop swinging )
Cable curl 115lbs 2 set 4-6

Pump:
Not too much of a pump today....

Endurance:Good

Energy:
Energy picked up 10 min through workout.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yea I'm not finding any sort of pump from BA which is to be expected. I'll be keeping an eye out for endurance boosts in my workouts but so far nothing significant.
Maybe a increase in water or possibly becaues its ba not a no product. So far I don't hate the product.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
What day are you on in your cycles??? IXL really doesn't start kick in until after or around the third week. And to be honestly the second month (I started on March 19 th) is when you really start to see significant improvements. This is why we recommend three month cycles so you can fully realize the effects of Beta-Alanine. There is a build up phase that you must deal with in the beginning before you can really get to the good stuff. I'm not saying you won't notice something earlier than that but you won't feel the full weight of the product until that point and beyond.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 12

Flat 145lbs 2 sets at 4-6 reps ( Slower )
Incline crunch: 45lbs 2 sets 10 reps

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back and Shoulder

Dead lifts 45x4+40 + 2.5+2.5 bar 2 sets 4-6 reps
Cable row 115lbs 1 set 4-6 reps
Dumbbell Press 45lbs 3 sets 4-6 reps
Barbell Press 50lbs+ bar 2 sets 4-6 reps

I need to increase my water consumption. I get so full from my food. I will figure something out.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cable pull down 100lbs 2 sets 4-6
Skull crusher 65lbs 3 sets 4-6

I am tired from somethings that are going on in my life but I am pulling threw with this work out.

I feel great. I just hope the Intra X Cell keeps getting better the longer I take it.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
I hope everything works out in your personal life......keep up the great workouts!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel great. I just hope the Intra X Cell keeps getting better the longer I take it.
My feeling too. I have a few Steeledge Sample that I'm going to take with IntraXCell for a few days, should make an awesome combo. I've been trying to use only BA to keep things consistent, but might try a few workouts with the Steeledge.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 15

Flat 150lbs 1 sets at 4-6 reps
Incline BB Bench: 125lbs 4 sets at 4-6 reps ( closer to my chest )
Crunches machine 150lbs 3 sets 12 reps
Incline crunch at the highest angel: 45lbs 2 sets 10 reps

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cable pull down 105lbs 1 sets 4-6
Skull crusher 65lbs 2 sets 4-6
Arm Dumbbell Overhead Extensions 50lbs 2 sets 4-6

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and biceps
Barbell curls ez curl 85lbs 1 sets 4-6 ( I still swing so I will continue to do 85 on ez till I stop swinging )
Cable curl 115lbs 2 set 4-6
Do you always do so few sets/reps for your body parts. Eg for arms your only doing one set of BB curls up to 6 reps then two sets of DB curls up to 6 then the cable work. Does this ever produce a pump for you? Just seems rather small. Is this a style you've always used? I'm not having a go here i just wanted to know your reasoning behind your lifting style.

Maybe one of the AE guys can answer this but would this product me more effective in the higher rep range say 8-12?

I read through the MD column late last night so apologies if im asking q's that have already been answered but i've forgotten half of the stuff i read already :hammer:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Do you always do so few sets/reps for your body parts. Eg for arms your only doing one set of BB curls up to 6 reps then two sets of DB curls up to 6 then the cable work. Does this ever produce a pump for you? Just seems rather small. Is this a style you've always used? I'm not having a go here i just wanted to know your reasoning behind your lifting style.

Maybe one of the AE guys can answer this but would this product me more effective in the higher rep range say 8-12?

I read through the MD column late last night so apologies if im asking q's that have already been answered but i've forgotten half of the stuff i read already :hammer:
At what point during my workout set will extra carnosine concentrations exert their strongest effects?

Boosting carnosine levels with Beta-Alanine is effective at all points during your set, whether you’re lifting heavy or doing endurance work. Your body uses three energy systems to perform work: the ATP-PC system, which is primarily used during heavy lifting and for sets up into the 5-6 rep range; the glycolytic system, which is predominantly used roughly within the 7-15 rep range and up; and the oxidative/fat system, which is used primarily in endurance training. Our energy systems are utilized simultaneously; however, depending on the level of intensity or duration of exercise and fitness levels of the individual, certain energy systems will become more dominant in producing energy needed for that activity. Anybody who trains with weights will primarily use the first two systems and, in both cases, the build-up of hydrogen ions will contribute to fatigue in both systems, especially glycolysis.

This is where the supplement creatine falls a little short. It is mostly effective in the ATP-PC system, which relies on stored ATP and re-synthesis using phosphocreatine (PC) for intense, high-energy contractions. Taking creatine will help your explosive strength but it won’t help you much in the 7-15 rep range. As anyone trying to build bigger muscles knows, you must train in both heavy and moderate (7-15 reps) ranges to gain lean mass. Beta-Alanine, by increasing carnosine concentrations, can buffer/fight the H+ build-up that occurs in both these ranges, allowing you to maintain forceful contractions for longer periods of time.

Decreasing cellular fatigue is an additional strength of Beta-Alanine. A recent study demonstrates that Beta-Alanine significantly outperformed creatine in decreasing cellular fatigue, giving it yet another advantage over what has been considered the most effective sport supplement of the last decade.
:goodpost: ;)

The Beta-Alanine/Carnosine Thread, Brought to you by Athletic Edge Nutrition

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This is what most people think they should do. This is what most people have been told to do. However, this exactly what you should not do.

One adage that you should sear into your brain is to let the weights build the muscle and let your diet remove the fat. High reps and lower weight will not efficiently allow this to happen.

For some reason most people think that by using lighter weight and increasing the reps you'll burn more fat. Not true. Not true at all. Weightlifting, no matter how high your reps, is not an aerobic exercise. The amount of reps you do has no direct bearing on the amount of fat your body burns during the exercise. In fact, lighter weight will indirectly make it more difficult to decrease body fat and increase your definition.

I know, that goes against all that you have ever been told about weight training. Well, I'm here to tell you that most of what you have probably learned is wrong. And if it's not completely wrong, in most cases it's certainly not the "optimal" way.

Whenever you lift weights you are doing so to build, strengthen, and/or tone the muscle you are training. This is accomplished most effectively by overload. Overload is accomplished by using a weight that allows between 4 to 6 reps. You don't lift weights to burn fat so you shouldn't attempt to use weightlifting for that purpose.

High reps will not supply sufficient overload to efficiently provoke a muscle growth response. You may get a slight response but not at all efficient or any where near a maximum response.

When you are attempting to decrease your body fat levels while maintaining or increasing your muscle mass, maximizing the overload for 4 to 6 reps is far more effective at obtaining the desired result.

Following this overload principle allows you to induce muscle growth while you let your diet effectively decrease body fat. Conversely, decreasing the weight and increasing your reps will set you up for failure because the lower weight and higher reps will not be supplying sufficient overload to maintain adequate muscle mass, much less build more. This coupled with a calorie restricted diet will cause your body to preference lean mass for its energy need instead of fat stores.

Also, as your body is preferencing muscle tissue for its energy needs it is making your body become less and less efficient at burning calories. This makes it more and more difficult to burn body fat and easier to burn muscle tissue. This is just the opposite with overload training. Overloading the muscle will build more muscle tissue creating a more efficient metabolic environment for burning stored body fat.

This means maximizing overload to the muscle while you train. This means heavy weight for 4 to 6 reps.

If you start training lighter with high reps you are reducing the stimulus for muscle growth. Combine high rep training and increased cardio with caloric reductions and you are asking for muscle loss.

It is important to understand that high reps with light weights does not equal more definition. Increasing your definition is the result of reducing your body fat and that is accomplished by paying close attention to your diet and incorporating cardiovascular exercise. Training with higher reps and lighter weights will not burn fat but it will reduce the stimulus for muscle growth.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
18th day

Calve press 10x45 5x2 1 set 10 reps

Energy- good.
Endurance- good.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
19th day.

Shoulders and biceps
Cable curl 120lbs 2 set 4-6

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back day

Dead lifts 45x4+40 + 5+5 bar 2 sets 4-6 reps
Cable row 120lbs 1 set 4-6 reps

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
How is your endurance? Are you sweating more during your workouts? Hows your weight?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am hanging in there. I am not sweating as much now that I uped my water consumption during my work out. What are you refuring to for weight? How much do I weight or how much weight am I lifting? I have not gone on a scale since I started. I do look a little more cut when I check my bod out in the bathroom mirror. :)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am comming to the end of my cycle as I stated at the beggining bunch of the caps got stuck together from heat or something so I have like 5 days worth of product left.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gym tuesday and Wed.

Calve press 10x45 10x2 1 set 10 reps
---------------------------------------------------
Shoulders and biceps

Both days stayed the same. I have 3 days of caps left.
Do you think I should go out and get another 30 days worth since my work out programs are 8 weeks with 1 week break? I want the most out of beta-alanine.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Gym tuesday and Wed.

Calve press 10x45 10x2 1 set 10 reps
---------------------------------------------------
Shoulders and biceps

Both days stayed the same. I have 3 days of caps left.
Do you think I should go out and get another 30 days worth since my work out programs are 8 weeks with 1 week break? I want the most out of beta-alanine.
Honestly, if you want to get the most out of your first Beta-Alanine/IntraXCell experience, you should stay on it for 2-3 months. Studies show that your Carn levels continue to increase up to the 12 week mark, so I'd say go at least 12 weeks to get the most out of your experience :)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I finished what was in the bottle.

On a scale of 1-11
Easy to take 11
Felt like it worked 8
Would take it again 9
Would recommend it to other people 10
Would take it for 8 weeks vs 4 weeks 8
Over all score 9

Thanks for letting me log Intra X Cell. Hope more people get to try the product in the future and even today.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
So I finished what was in the bottle.

On a scale of 1-11
Easy to take 11
Felt like it worked 8
Would take it again 9
Would recommend it to other people 10
Would take it for 8 weeks vs 4 weeks 8
Over all score 9

Thanks for letting me log Intra X Cell. Hope more people get to try the product in the future and even today.
Thanks for the log and the feedback on IntraXCell :head: