ALRI Evolution: Gettin' Leaner, Not weaker

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    BigT jammin to the Bee Gees ----->
    stayin alive!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

2. man i hope this log goes to another page soon, getting tired off scrolling down.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    man i hope this log goes to another page soon, getting tired off scrolling down.
    I hear ya T. When I log again, I'll keep a personal journal on my computer. Then I'll post on the board once per week. It'll be easier for me to summarize and I think it'll be more useful for me and others in terms of feedback.

Scrollin is a pain... especially when you can't pick your arms up after a workout to hold the mouse.

4. Day 36

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Workout

Chest and Tris Rep Range
    BB Decline Bench 185 x 6 PR?
    DB Incline Bench 65 x 11
    Low Cable Cross Over 30 x 15
    Straight Bar Pressdown 90 x 9
    1 Arm DB Overhead Extensions 20 x 15
    Machine Calf Raise 10 Plates x 5 (not full ROM)

I went up in weights and reps on every movement. I expect this anyway with this only being my second time around on the PRRS routine. If I get to another time around, THEN I would be able to really gage the effects of my stack on strength.

Diet

Pretty solid/clean diet so far today. I did a much better job of getting in some preworkout carbs than I did last Saturday. It definately made a positive impact on my workout.

Supplements

BAM/Restore: I have more of a cocky, cofident, and funny attitude with this combo than I did with JW/BAM. It's perfect for workouts and does a great job for attracting women, as an added bonus.

SuperCissusRx: Cissus will be a staple. I swear it's up there with creatine and my multi vitamin. My shoulder is feeling better every day.

TRAC: I just took a 1/2 scoop today with some bulk arginine preworkout. Works like a charm.

Off Topic

I'd like to see sponsored logs run the new product as a stand alone. ANYTHING + creatine or a preworkout mix = a good stack that will produce positive results. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

5. Day 36

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Workout

Cardio and abs.

Body Comp

Comparisons in relation to 12 days ago.

Weight: 197.6 (down 1.4lbs)
    BF% 16.27% (down .87%)
    LBM 165.5 (up .5 lbs)
    BF 32.1 (down 1.9 lbs)

I had a trainer "visit" me last night. She was 5'10", 142, and 14% bodyfat. How's that for motivation to keep me going in the right direction
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Day 36

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Workout

Cardio and abs.

Body Comp

Comparisons in relation to 12 days ago.

Weight: 197.6 (down 1.4lbs)
    BF% 16.27% (down .87%)
    LBM 165.5 (up .5 lbs)
    BF 32.1 (down 1.9 lbs)

I had a trainer "visit" me last night. She was 5'10", 142, and 14% bodyfat. How's that for motivation to keep me going in the right direction
    if you want to 'train' her get some aspire. i hope you got signed up for sample. my wife had to change positions 3 times last night before i got a nut. shes a little tired today from 'overtraining'.

7. btw those are decent results-anytime you can add muscle and drop bodyfat is a big deal.

8. He11 ya! I'm fired up about those numbers. An outline of abs is in the shadows. That NEVER happens for me during a cut without sacraficing muscle. I'm obviously psyched about this routine and stack so far.

I definately stopped by the PAL site. Lots of great deals and samples. Now only if they could come up with a recovery drink for our ladies

9. Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    He11 ya! I'm fired up about those numbers. An outline of abs is in the shadows. That NEVER happens for me during a cut without sacraficing muscle. I'm obviously psyched about this routine and stack so far.

I definately stopped by the PAL site. Lots of great deals and samples. Now only if they could come up with a recovery drink for our ladies
    glad you signed up for samples! ive got some rpm coming on tues, ill let you know how it goes. keep up the good work.

10. Day 37

Monday, June 4, 2007

Workout

Legs and Bis Shock
    Leg Extensions 180 x 10
    ... SS Narrow Leg Press
    Seated Hamstring Curls 80 x 10
    ... SS Wide Stance Leg Press

Reverse Cable Curl 45 x 10
    ... SS Cable Curl
    High Cable Curl 17.5 x 15

Lackluster workout. I'm not a fan of legs shock. Legs should be done slow, heavy, and gut wrenching.... not fast, light, and burning.

Diet

Nothing to note

Supplements

BAM/Restore: Libido is up and down. No vascularity differences but I might still be a bit too tubby to tell yet. Muscle hardness is just slightly up. Pumps don't last any longer than usual. Attitude is definately up and I think I see a zit on my back! That's a big deal cause I NEVER EVER have a zit anywhere. I'm mildly lethargic but it seems as if I can turn it on in the gym without any problem.

SuperCissusRx: shoulder was a little achy today. Tomorrow's shoulder shock workout will be a huge test.

GABA: talked to a pharmacist about my GABA and melatonin usage. He said using GABA for 3 or 4 nights a week and melatonin on occasion won't hurt anything. He also said that he doubts either could do any harm with conistent use or long term use... unless of course they were abused at higher doses in which case he wasn't sure.

Off Topic

I love lists... my favorite 3 less well known albums are:

1) Captain Beyond (imagine deep purple playing a pink floyd concept album)

2) Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes: Live (seen this one in concert!

3) Jimmy Hendrix: The Isle of White (just a few days/weeks before Jimmy died I believe)
  11. Cool

1.hawkwind-masters of the universe 2. pink floyd-ummagumma.3.aerosmith-get your wings. i havent drank or toked in over 10 years, but listening to those albums really bring back memories. 3 favorite places ive been- 1.manila,phillipines 2.lisbon,portugal 3.madrid,spain. perth, australia also wasnt bad. 3 worst places 1.3 miles north of vietnam 2.gitmo, cuba 3.haifa isreal. sorry about the long post, found out we are off tonight at last minute and was a little bored. good luck as always and keep up the good work.

12. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    1.hawkwind-masters of the universe 2. pink floyd-ummagumma.3.aerosmith-get your wings. i havent drank or toked in over 10 years, but listening to those albums really bring back memories. 3 favorite places ive been- 1.manila,phillipines 2.lisbon,portugal 3.madrid,spain. perth, australia also wasnt bad. 3 worst places 1.3 miles north of vietnam 2.gitmo, cuba 3.haifa isreal. sorry about the long post, found out we are off tonight at last minute and was a little bored. good luck as always and keep up the good work.
    Hey T, what's Hawkmind? And were you in the service? Is that where you caught the liftin bug?

By the way, you can post whatever you want in this thread
  13. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Hey T, what's Hawkmind? And were you in the service? Is that where you caught the liftin bug?

By the way, you can post whatever you want in this thread
    hawkwind-an old stoner band from the early 70's. uss dwight d. eisenhower cvn. yeah had a badass gym, used to w/o with the cb's grunt's and udt seal's. had 23hr a day chow lines, off time=lift and stand in line to eat. i was a boatswain's mate so used to handle the lines, anchor, underway replenishment. got to steer the ship and run liberty boats.:clean:

14. Day 38

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Workout

30 minutes light cardio

Shoulders & Tris Shock ...modified
    Behind the back Shrugs 10 sets of 10 x 135
    DB Shrug 10 sets of 10 x 45
    Posterior delt/upright row/neutral grip shoulder press 30 x 15/10/10
    Sidelying Alternating Front/Laterals on Incline 10 x 10
    DB Kickbak 21's 20x15/10x10/10x10

Shock workouts seem to work really well for me with smaller muscle groups, especially shoulders. It's difficult to hit all three shoulder heads plus traps in under 1.5 hours. Shock strategies take care of that.

I used a partially neutral to reverse grip on the shoulder presses without pain. I believe the external rotation prevents my supraspinatus (rotator cuff) from the natural impingement in the subacromial space (shoulder joint). Looks like I have a new strategy

Diet

This journal really makes me own up to my diet. I'm sure it's the most difficult part of weight training for almost everyone.

Supplements

BAM/Restore: Although I'm getting slow but steady results, I seem to be accomodating to these supps. I would love to up the dosage of each by a cap.

SuperCissusRX: I did cardio with a sweatshirt to warm up my shoulder. Then I shrugged first because that makes my shoulder feel great for whatever reason (kicks in the supraspinatus?). I used a neutral grip on my presses. I had relatively mild discomfort in today's workout so I believe the combo of my strategies plus the cissus worked well today.

Amino Acids: I found Twinlab liquid amino acids BOGO at Rite Aid. I mixed them in with some gatorade for a "during" drink yesterday and today. Kept the energy going. But, I'd rather be famished post workout which makes me look forward to my shake.

Off Topic

Favorite 3 exercises:
    1) Leg Extensions
    2) Shrugs
    3) Calf Raises

Those exercises feel good whether I'm doing 50 reps for fun or 5 reps with some grunting. I can say the word "shrug" and my traps grow! T, don't ask about the bench!!!

15. the key is to mix it up. i see you've figured it out. get a pair of ankle weights and go to track, or mow grass. hit a heavy bag. go to a highrise and climb stairs, all kinds of stuff you can do to mix it up. i got a pair of oldschool ankle weights-20lbs each-started out mowing grass, then went to track and did 5 miles yeah thats right 5 miles. sunday went to 28 floor building and climbed up and back down again, now thats a workout!

16. Day 39

Off Day.

1.5-2 hours cutting grass. NO ankle weights!

Diet

Just an update on my macro breakdown for yesterday from Fit Day estimates:

Cals 2184
    Protein 240
    Carbs 258
    Fat 23

Ratio: 46/43/10

I had a lot of really lean meats yesterday and rotate those with red meat a few days per week. That will definately raise my fat intake a little and get my ratios closer to 40/40/20 where I want them.

I'll raise total cals too if I feel like I'm starting to lose muscle.

Supps

BAM/Restore: I had an interesting discovery today. I had plans to hook up with a nurse that I met last weekend and she ended up working a double. So, for the sake of this story, I have to admit that 'ol lefty was my date last night.

I've noticed since starting Restore that performance and libido have been just slightly up. However, after... ahem... self examination, I noticed a rather small load last night. I find that very odd since I haven't had sex since Sunday. Any thoughts on why in terms of my supps?

17. could be the restore reducing estrogen.

18. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    could be the restore reducing estrogen.
    Interesting. That never happened with 6-oxo or formestane. In fact, it was the opposite. Does that happen with reduced estrogen frequently? Quite frankly, it's no big deal to me. I should assume that it will return to normal within a few weeks of finishing up my stack, right?

Diet edit

*forgot to calculate a post workout shake and some carbs that I had with a preworkout shake

cals 2817
    pro 308
    carb 336
    fat 29

ratio: 46/44/10
  19. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Interesting. That never happened with 6-oxo or formestane. In fact, it was the opposite. Does that happen with reduced estrogen frequently? Quite frankly, it's no big deal to me. I should assume that it will return to normal within a few weeks of finishing up my stack, right?

Diet edit

*forgot to calculate a post workout shake and some carbs that I had with a preworkout shake

cals 2817
    pro 308
    carb 336
    fat 29

ratio: 46/44/10
    its common with ai's. 6oxo is more test boost than ai. formestane, who knows how it work's, it just does. 6-bromo is supposed to help libido but it still may be the culprit on load size. here's an analogy of formestane-im not a rocket scientist, but i know if i buy a ticket and sit in a seat, 99 % of the time the plane will take off and land.

20. Day 40

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Workout

Back and Bis Shock
    Underhand Pull UP Rest Pause 6sets of 3, 6sets of 2, 6sets of 2
    Bodyweight Row 15, 15, 12
    DB Row 10 sets of 10 x 45 lbs.
    DB Hammer Curl (up the rack, down the rack) 40 x 8
    Concentration Curl 30 x 9 (drop)

I can barely type because my forearms are so pumped and I can't hold my arms up. Minimal rest b/w sets... it was a much needed fun routine.

Diet

Disaster today. I went to a stupid seminar for work and had really low calories preworkout. The rest of the day will be satisfactory.

Supplements

Restore/BAM: Pumps were nice, but mild, this week and I'm seeing a some of vascularity.

SuperCissusRx: No shoulder pain all week. But I modified my routine and weights were light for shock week. I'll take the decrease in pain for what it is. I have noticed that my shoulder still has crepitus (catching/grinding/popping). Although, these symptoms are down about 20 or 30% since I switched to the Super a few weeks ago.

Off Topic

I recieved my sample bottle of Paravol from PA labs like 2 or 3 days after making my order. FAST! It's murder being patient to wait for my next stack to try it out On that note, I haven't recieved Aspire or Leviathon samples and I'm betting that they ran out for the time being. I'm totally cool with that because, what the hey, they are free.

I also haven't recieved a "special" order that I made for my next stack. I think we all get a little antsy with "special" purchases, right?
  21. Cool

just e-mail them once a week so they dont forget you, its a common problem. guess its a good thing you ordered early, ahem.

22. Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    On that note, I haven't recieved Aspire or Leviathon samples and I'm betting that they ran out for the time being. I'm totally cool with that because, what the hey, they are free.
    I just got my sample of Aspire36 today, so yours might arrive within the next couple days.

Kind of interested in what this next "special" stack is...if it has to do with your no-no spot, then I am no longer that interested...
  23. Cool

no-no spot? man, you been hanging around bb.com too long.

24. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    no-no spot? man, you been hanging around bb.com too long.
    Haha in fact, quite the opposite. I'm not registered there nor do I search their forums.

I was just curious about the degree of "special" for the stack...thought it could be a "sex" stack because of recent supplement releases.
  25. Cool

and in your experience, sex stack=no-no spot? just playing, it aint a big deal. he just needed help ordering a serm.

26. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    and in your experience, sex stack=no-no spot? just playing, it aint a big deal. he just needed help ordering a serm.
    Yeah he clued me in a little bit on how special his stack is going to be...no details, just the genre.

Hijacking complete...carry on celc5.

27. Order was recieved on Friday. Now that I think about it, the process occurred relatively faster than I expected.

JJC,you'll be happy to know that I recieved my fancy samples from PAL. I'll be putting the A36 to use on vacation at the end of the month

I took Friday and Saturday off from lifting. My body was crying mercy after some stressful work days and I may have been walking the tightrope with overtraining. I'm leaving it up to how my body feels tomorrow as to whether or not I'll skip chest this week. Either way, Power week is on for Monday.

On a side note, I ran into an old college buddy last night. He was a B-channel studio wrestler for a few years and is an absolute beast in the gym. He asked me if I was pinning. Couldn't be a better compliment to somone who isn't on

Finally, BAM has absolutely kicked it up to another level over the past few days. It was like an ON switch was flippped. I just "feel "anabolic, if that makes any sense at all. I feel like I could eat whatever I want right now and it will all be used to build build build. ...too bad only 1 day left.
  28. Cool

glad to hear your stack kicked in so good. sounds like your gains are even better than you thought.izza:

29. Sounds good man. You will like RPM(if you received some)...I still have yet to use my A36(gf lives a state away from me). Sounds like you're gonna have a good time on your vacation. Enjoy it!

As far as BAM goes, would you recommend running it for longer than the four weeks? From what you've said it seems like it's really hitting hard now and could even get better after this point. Let me know what your thoughts are on this.

PS I love when you run into people you haven't seen in awhile and they make those types of comments! It really helps you put your progress in perspective. While you and the immediate people around you might not notice your gains as much, the people who you never see notice a whole new person!

30. Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    As far as BAM goes, would you recommend running it for longer than the four weeks? From what you've said it seems like it's really hitting hard now and could even get better after this point. Let me know what your thoughts are on this.
    I'd look at some other logs to see if BAM "kicked in" faster for those who used 3caps/day. If that's the case, then 2 bottles will get you 6 weeks at 3 caps.

If I ever decide to run BAM again, that's how I'll probably do it. It just seems too mild to me at 2 caps and frustrating to take a whole 4 weeks for maximum effect. MassFx is in my next stack and feedback leaves me to believe that it may be more potent.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALRI Evolution Stack
    By CDONDICI in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 02:01 PM
  2. NHA stack vs ALRI evolution stack!!!!!
    By anabolicloc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 08:04 PM
  3. ***BAM!!!! Cervasa and The ALRI Evolution***
    By cervasa1977 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 11:10 PM
  4. SmithsonGA ALRI Evolution Sponsored Log
    By smithsonga in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 08:56 AM
  5. Hoss ALRI Evolution STack