ALRI Evolution: Gettin' Leaner, Not weaker

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Day 25

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Workout

Abs and cardio

I highly recommend straight leg raises hanging from the top of a slant board. I pre-exhaust my obliques first (on the slant board as well) and then SS with the SLRs. A trainer buddy of mine in grad school taught me that one. I swear it makes my abs grow somethin fierce! They are poppin out right now even though I'm a big fatty still

Diet

Little bit higher with carbs today. I felt I needed the fuel after the legs powerlifting routine yesterday.

Supplements

JW: might be kickin in a little but I think that I'd need a much higher dosage to really get some results with this mild supp.

BAM: It's been my buddy so far... BUT, I think I may have a little decreased libido, my boys are lookin a little skimpy. Maybe it's just in my head but my chest is lookin a little soft and my man boobs aren't keepin pace with the rest of my body's recomp. Any thoughts? I have an idea for a strategy to deal with this but I want to see if anyone has some ideas first.

GABA: Hmm, this is a few nights in a row now that I needed a sleep aide. I don't wanna blame the supps for the trouble getting to sleep because I really do need to change my night time habits before bed.

Off Topic

I changed the last section because I'm pretty sure that I buried the music topic into the ground. My friend sent me a hilarious 2 minute Will Ferrel skit. If you're a fan, google "Will Ferrel Landlord"
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    im turning green. you've seen the bros. live. man i wish i could have seen them back in the day, when duane was still alive. found a great supp with lots of good stuff cheap, also comes caffeine free version. ragnarok, for under 30 bucks cant be beat. i like this a lot.
    Allman's usually play the concert that caps off the summer in August here in Pittsburgh. I've probably seen them 6 or 7 times- obviously AD (after Duane). If you like the Allman's, check out Government Mule (Warren Haynes' side project).

Wasn't Ragnorak a character on Lord of the Rings? Anyways, it looks solid accept creatine is a No No for me during the summer. Might have to try it out for powerlifitng in the fall/winter though.

Bulk Citruline Malate: do you cap it? or is the taste tolerable? I wanna find this out BEFORE i buy any bulk supps next time becuase I almost barfed my brains out with cissus
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

i mix bulk cm in ragnarok or gatorade almost anything will do. it doesnt really have that much of a taste. bulk cm/beta-alanine= close to man body octane. look at reviews it is a great supp.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 26

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Workout

Shoulder Power ...modified
    Shrugs 395 x 6
    BB Shoulder Press 110 x 5
    DB Upright Row 40 x 12

I made a few changes to my routine today to adjust for shoulder pain. I did a few nerve stretch techniques for my elbow/forearm and ALA-KAZAAM, no pain for upright rows! 40's are a PR for me

Diet

Bought a scale yesterday at Target on sale for 30 bucks. It reads 198.6 and 17.1% bodyfat. The super accurate scale at work says 199 and caliper says 17.14% bf so this impulse buy may have turned out to be a steal

Supplements

Cissus: I take 1.5 grams twice per day. The second dose is 3g on workout days (preworkout of course). However, I've noticed that the 3g only kicks in at the end of my workout. This could mean that it takes approximately 1.5 hours for it to kick in for me? Isn't that a bit of a long time? I got IMMEDIATE relief for the first week or two.

JW/BAM: Libido is still down a bit but I'm "functioning" just fine. And maybe even slightly enhanced performance. I've done some reading and some suggest that BAM may be the culprit. I dunno bout that cause I'm no expert. I hope this changes when restore comes into the picture in a few days.

GABA: crashed yesterday after reading logs while strategizing for my next stack so I never took it

Off Topic

Gonna catch some South Park tonight while I do cardio. One of my favorite episodes is when Jimmy gets roid rage while training for the Special Olympics

Edit: JW/BAM: I have read that others believe that BAM may be the culprit for a slightly lowered libido. I hope that adding restore clears up this problem.
    Last edited by celc5; 05-25-2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Clarify JW/BAM comment
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 27

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Off day. 2 rounds of sex. Does that count as cardio?

I don't think I've mentioned this but I've been having nose bleeds throughout this entire stack. Just a little when I blew my nose. But last night, I woke up with my nose just GUSHING blood for about an hour. I've never had a nose bleed... well, not since I broke my face mask in HS football. Weird right?

Day 28

Friday, May 25

Workout

Quasi cardio: 2 hours cutting grass with a dull blade

Back and Bis Power
    Wide Grip Pullups 7,7,6,6
    Wide Grip Bent Over BB Row 205 x 4 PR?
    BB Curl 95 x 4
    DB Incline Curl 30 x 4

An old buddy in undergrad taught me to try holding my elbows up just a hair on incline curls. Initially, I thought this would engage anterior delt. But actually, I found that it seems to put tension at the top of my biceps and allows for a much harder contraction. Although he may not have understood bio-mechanically why this worked, I'm sure he could feel it. Good advice from my pal.

Diet

I was tracking on fit day and just about FREAKED when I realized I was eatin about 35 grams of sugar RIGHT BEFORE BED and yogurt was the culprit Yogurt found it's way into my post workout shake today where it belongs.

Supplements

JW/BAM: Looking forward to adding Restore

Cissus: I will start SuperCissusRx on Sunday. At the end of the log, I hope to do a comparison.

Off Topic

I hate it when you feel a log brewing preworkout and it's just not quite ready. At the end of every set, squeezing out an extra rep is a reminder that it's time to produce real soon
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

it beats the alternative-it could be ready during a set.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 29

Saturday, May 27, 2007

Workout

Chest and Tris Power
    BB Flat Bench 190 x 5
    DB Inlcline Bench 75 x 5
    CGBP 150 x 4 PR?
    Miscellaneous Tris
    Calves (Leg Press) 8 plates x 8

Swapped BB inlcline for DB because of the shoulder issues. Also, I had to go back down to 8 plates for calves as I was at a new gym with fat plates and couldn't fit any more onto the machine. Luckily, it was the exact same cybex leg press.

Diet

Might have went a bit too low on carbs preworkout. Personally, a quality workout is priority for me over diet. For me, the psychological benefits of a carb-energized workout outweigh the benefits of matching my exact macro ratios.

Supplements

JW/BAM: I'm noticing that libido is up and down. I reread several logs on the EVO stack and this is VERY common. Not sure if this is necessarily a negative.

Bulk Cissus: Last day of bulk cissus. In my opinion, it does help just slightly for pain issues and that's worth the $15 or 20 bucks I spent on the powder and caps. I will start SuperCissus Rx tomorrow.

TRAC: Saturday staple also greatly enhances my mood, for about 8 hours! It has so many ingredients that it's hard to say exactly what is so effective in this PWO supp.

Off Topic

Before Limewire, there was BMG music service. BMG sold me a good 2 or 3 hundred cds that I keep on a homeade cd rack. That rack was made by my grandfather and is one of the coolest gifts that anyone could receive.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 30

Sunday, May 28, 2007

Jungle Warfare 30 day Review

Instead of simply diving head first into this review with opinions, I will compare claims made on the JW FAQ to my experience. Then I’ll give my opinion.

Increased myotrophic activity:
    It’s unfair to try to rate this claim. NA

Favorable Nutrient Repartitioning:
    JW did make me hungry when taken on an empty stomach. IMO this means that absorption of nutrients would be affected in a positive manner. 3/5

HPTA modulation:
    I’d bet the bank that my HPTA is just fine. 5/5

Estrogen management:
    ADED is much too mild. 1/5

Significant Pro-hypertrophic activity:
    I gained muscle mass (4 pounds muscle gain). Decreasing my number of workouts per week played a role in this as well. 3/5

Anti Catabolic:
    Again +4 pounds muscle and –5 pounds fat. My strict diet played a large role in this. 3/5

The FAQ states that JW is NOT intended for post cycle therapy. I agree whole heartedly that depending on JW for any of the aforementioned claims in post cycle therapy would be a huge gamble.

Side Effects
    -Very very mild headaches. Easily controlled with increased water intake.
    -Low to normal libido (although performance was normal to very slightly enhanced).
    -Increased urination was annoying at night. After the first 2 weeks, this was still a problem although to a lesser extent.

Opinion
    My big Italian mouth gives JW 2 thumbs down. I had no enhanced pumps, no increased vascularity, and only very mild increased muscular hardness. I do not believe that it gave me any boost whatsoever in the gym. JW had no affect on mood.

I have had satisfactory results in my recomp efforts so far. However, I strongly believe that my modified routine and less drastic dietary changes (as compared to my previous summer cuts) play a much larger role in recomp than JW did.

Comparison to other supplements
    In comparison, bulk A-AKG increases intensity in the gym, enhances pumps, vascularity, and hardness within 3-5 days of consistent use even on a low carb diet. I also believe, although I may not be able to back this up in scientific terms, that the enhanced blood flow with arginine will enhance nutrient absorption. It costs about $30 for 2 months worth if you does 3g at 3 times/day for a 2 month supply. That’s more results at the price. And although opinions seem divided, I had even better experiences with NO2 than I did with bulk arginine. Both outman JW.

As far as anti-estrogen effects go, my experience is that E-form and 6-oxo blow JW out of the water at the recommended dosage. That being said, JW’s estrogen “management” probably allows for a much higher dosage with less negative effects that result from the stronger anti-estrogens.

Final thoughts: I won’t be using JW again. However, it would be interesting to see it’s effects in a 6-8 week run at 4-6 caps per day. That would be too expensive for me to try, but interesting to hear about none the less.

I did not mention strength in the review because the PRRS routine is new to me. Only the power week was repeated while on JW. My strength gains were as I would expect without any supplementation. I feel as though I am not able to accurately and fairly assess whether or not JW would affect strength.

ONWARD!!! Bring on the bigger weights and looser pants
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

thank you for a fair and unbiased review. you bought your own supps and arent whoring for freebies. it is nice to read a review by someone with integrity, thank you.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

thank you for a fair and unbiased review. you bought your own supps and arent whoring for freebies. it is nice to read a review by someone with integrity, thank you.
    I haven't seen too many negative reviews on this board. That made me wonder if it was against etiquette to rate JW poorly. I mean no disrespect to the product or the company as every one else seems to like it. Thanks for following T.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 31

Monday, May 28, 2007

Workout

Legs Rep Range
    Narrow stance squat (a2g) 195 x 11 whoa!
    Reverse Alternating BB Lunge 70 x 12/side
    BB Cleans (a2g) 70 x 15

I work my cleans more like a deep explosive front squat. The first 5 reps feel light. Then it hits you like a ton of bricks around rep 7 or 8. PANIC actually sets in around rep 11 and I get dizzy. Bring it on cleans!!!

Diet

My sister's college graduation party and today's holiday are making it tough. My cals and quality of intake are reasonable. But, my ratios are off, but not out of control.

Supplements

Restore: Day 1 for restore. I had slight enhanced mood during the workout. Of course, being a holiday, who's mood wasn't enhanced today?

BAM: very small cool test boost is still felt.

SuperCissusRx: I have a feeling I'm gonna be liking this a lot more than bulk Cissus. I believe the Rx has a higher concentration of cissus and 1 bottle will allow for 3 doses per day.

Off Topic

I've been hittin the search button hard on this board and several others while planning for my next stack. This board provides un-measurable motivation for me. I feel like I did when my dad first introduced lifting to me in junior high.
  13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    I haven't seen too many negative reviews on this board. That made me wonder if it was against etiquette to rate JW poorly. I mean no disrespect to the product or the company as every one else seems to like it. Thanks for following T.
    all a company has to do is post a thread-testers wanted. if you post a bad review you may not get free supps any more. i rarely ask for samples and never sign up as a tester. my opinions are not biased.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I agree that through the first four weeks of JW I kept wondering, "When is this going to kick in???". Well, it's too bad you stopped. I really started to love the stuff when I got into that 4th week and it got even better as I tapped into a second bottle.

But fair review. You probably didn't get all that much from it in 4 weeks. But you also have to realize that gaining 4 pounds of muscle and losing 5 pounds of fat is still no easy thing to do, even if your diet was on point. My guess is that the combination of changes in diet, workout routine, and supplementation helped. JW is not going to blow you away by any means. Keep on, keepin it on tho. I'm not an ALRI rep or anything but I am looking forward to running my own Evo stack. Best of luck with this one.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

JJC, thanks for stopping by. I ran the 4 weeks because I was following ALRI's protocols. Initially I was running the beginner protocol. But, thankfully, I switched to the "advanced" stack to get the ball rolling. Good call on running a second bottle of JW. Stop back and post some results when you get a chance.

I agree 100%... the combination of everything is the key to my recomp so far.

When you plan to run your evo stack, PM me. I have some ideas that you may want to consider. Oh and by the way, Day 2 on restore and changes are already kicking in!!!
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 32

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Workout

Cardio: 30 minutes light/moderate intervals

Shoulders Rep Range (modified)
    BO DB Posterior Delts 30 x 15
    DB Lateral Raises 20 x 8
    Arnold Presses (modified) 40 x 11

My rep ranges and weights were drastically different than last time I performed this routine. I did presses last which allowed for heavier weights in the isolation moves. I also modified my Arnold presses to have less rotation at the bottom and pressed into a neutral grip with my palms in. This kept shoulder pain to a moderate level.

Diet

I'm dialing in really well. Had a TON of protein for the holiday. I'm sure fat was slightly higher but I really kept carbs under control. Kept it to just 1 beer too!!!

Supplements

BAM: no change, working well

Restore: A few days back, I mentioned that libido was slightly down and that my boys were feeling just a tad small. Well, restore completely solved that problem literally overnight! I slept incredibly and woke up with wood like 3 times. I also look more toned today than I have over the past few days.

SuperCissusRx: good stuff. I'll be able to tell in about a week or so if it's worth the extra cash compared to the bulk.

Off Topic

Pool just opened up in my community so that might allow for an extra session of light cardio today. I've done more cardio in the last 6 weeks than I have since HS. Do you people really do this crap all the time?
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%
    Achievements Posting Pro

JJC, thanks for stopping by. I ran the 4 weeks because I was following ALRI's protocols. Initially I was running the beginner protocol. But, thankfully, I switched to the "advanced" stack to get the ball rolling. Good call on running a second bottle of JW. Stop back and post some results when you get a chance.

I agree 100%... the combination of everything is the key to my recomp so far.

When you plan to run your evo stack, PM me. I have some ideas that you may want to consider. Oh and by the way, Day 2 on restore and changes are already kicking in!!!
    Good thing you switched protocols. I feel like the beginner one would not be that much fun. I got lucky on running a second bottle because of some really good personal advice someone gave me at another board...and now I'm doing the same for anyone who thinks of running JW.

I "logged" my two bottle run of JW:
    JJC's Jungle Warfare/Powerfull Log!

I stopped the log short because I didn't think anyone was following and also it was my first time using any kind of natural anabolic. But I had great results while eating like a machine.

I'm thinking of running a double Evo stack with Pro-Anabol over 3-4 months. But I will defintely hit you up before I begin.

Also, it seems like you are experiencing exactly what I would expect from Restore. It's supposed to help control estrogen at the end of the cycle...so leaning out and more full "boys" seem like sensible results.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 33 & 34

2 days rest

Day 35

Friday, June 1, 2007

Workout

Back and Bis Rep Range
    Neutral Grip Pullups BW x 10
    Underhand BB Row 145 x 12
    BO Reverse DB Flies 30 x 15
    DB Hammer Curls 40 x 10
    Rev BB Curl 50 x 14

In PRRS, I didn't see much progress in the power routine. That being said, the power week seems to prime me for the next two weeks. I increased in reps or weight in every exercise, even with lack luster concentration today.

Diet

I've been short on cals the last 2 days due to stressful schedule at work. Today's diet was back on track.

Supplements

BAM: subtle aggression and mild increased vascularity (I might be too fat to tell if the vascularity would be better from BAM).

Restore: I got a second wind at the end of my workout today. Maybe the 7-oxo analog is doing it's job when cortisol kicks in? If that's the case, holy crap that's cool!

SuperCissusRx: WOW! If bulk cissus cut pain by 30 or 40%, this stuff knocks it down 50 or 60%! Unbelievable stuff.

GABA: I've been stressed and woke up a few times over the past 2 nights. GABA is helping to get me back to sleep. It's not quite as effective as it was the first month, but that's to be expected. Still a great supplement for pennies.

Off Topic

A radio station was asking callers what their 3 "desert island" albums would be. I chose my 3 by picking albums that I like every single song:

1) Led Zeppelin II
    2) Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
    3) Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Californication
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

what no bee gee's. 1.allman's- eat a peach 2.aerosmith- get your wings 3. deep purple- machine head. honorable mention to rush- all the worlds a stage and neil young and crazy horse- rust never sleeps. music the best supplement of all time!
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

what no bee gee's.
    BigT jammin to the Bee Gees ----->
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

BigT jammin to the Bee Gees ----->
    stayin alive!
  22. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

man i hope this log goes to another page soon, getting tired off scrolling down.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

man i hope this log goes to another page soon, getting tired off scrolling down.
    I hear ya T. When I log again, I'll keep a personal journal on my computer. Then I'll post on the board once per week. It'll be easier for me to summarize and I think it'll be more useful for me and others in terms of feedback.

Scrollin is a pain... especially when you can't pick your arms up after a workout to hold the mouse.
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 36

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Workout

Chest and Tris Rep Range
    BB Decline Bench 185 x 6 PR?
    DB Incline Bench 65 x 11
    Low Cable Cross Over 30 x 15
    Straight Bar Pressdown 90 x 9
    1 Arm DB Overhead Extensions 20 x 15
    Machine Calf Raise 10 Plates x 5 (not full ROM)

I went up in weights and reps on every movement. I expect this anyway with this only being my second time around on the PRRS routine. If I get to another time around, THEN I would be able to really gage the effects of my stack on strength.

Diet

Pretty solid/clean diet so far today. I did a much better job of getting in some preworkout carbs than I did last Saturday. It definately made a positive impact on my workout.

Supplements

BAM/Restore: I have more of a cocky, cofident, and funny attitude with this combo than I did with JW/BAM. It's perfect for workouts and does a great job for attracting women, as an added bonus.

SuperCissusRx: Cissus will be a staple. I swear it's up there with creatine and my multi vitamin. My shoulder is feeling better every day.

TRAC: I just took a 1/2 scoop today with some bulk arginine preworkout. Works like a charm.

Off Topic

I'd like to see sponsored logs run the new product as a stand alone. ANYTHING + creatine or a preworkout mix = a good stack that will produce positive results. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 36

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Workout

Cardio and abs.

Body Comp

Comparisons in relation to 12 days ago.

Weight: 197.6 (down 1.4lbs)
    BF% 16.27% (down .87%)
    LBM 165.5 (up .5 lbs)
    BF 32.1 (down 1.9 lbs)

I had a trainer "visit" me last night. She was 5'10", 142, and 14% bodyfat. How's that for motivation to keep me going in the right direction
  26. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Day 36

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Workout

Cardio and abs.

Body Comp

Comparisons in relation to 12 days ago.

Weight: 197.6 (down 1.4lbs)
    BF% 16.27% (down .87%)
    LBM 165.5 (up .5 lbs)
    BF 32.1 (down 1.9 lbs)

I had a trainer "visit" me last night. She was 5'10", 142, and 14% bodyfat. How's that for motivation to keep me going in the right direction
    if you want to 'train' her get some aspire. i hope you got signed up for sample. my wife had to change positions 3 times last night before i got a nut. shes a little tired today from 'overtraining'.
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

btw those are decent results-anytime you can add muscle and drop bodyfat is a big deal.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

He11 ya! I'm fired up about those numbers. An outline of abs is in the shadows. That NEVER happens for me during a cut without sacraficing muscle. I'm obviously psyched about this routine and stack so far.

I definately stopped by the PAL site. Lots of great deals and samples. Now only if they could come up with a recovery drink for our ladies
  29. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

He11 ya! I'm fired up about those numbers. An outline of abs is in the shadows. That NEVER happens for me during a cut without sacraficing muscle. I'm obviously psyched about this routine and stack so far.

I definately stopped by the PAL site. Lots of great deals and samples. Now only if they could come up with a recovery drink for our ladies
    glad you signed up for samples! ive got some rpm coming on tues, ill let you know how it goes. keep up the good work.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 37

Monday, June 4, 2007

Workout

Legs and Bis Shock
    Leg Extensions 180 x 10
    ... SS Narrow Leg Press
    Seated Hamstring Curls 80 x 10
    ... SS Wide Stance Leg Press

Reverse Cable Curl 45 x 10
    ... SS Cable Curl
    High Cable Curl 17.5 x 15

Lackluster workout. I'm not a fan of legs shock. Legs should be done slow, heavy, and gut wrenching.... not fast, light, and burning.

Diet

Nothing to note

Supplements

BAM/Restore: Libido is up and down. No vascularity differences but I might still be a bit too tubby to tell yet. Muscle hardness is just slightly up. Pumps don't last any longer than usual. Attitude is definately up and I think I see a zit on my back! That's a big deal cause I NEVER EVER have a zit anywhere. I'm mildly lethargic but it seems as if I can turn it on in the gym without any problem.

SuperCissusRx: shoulder was a little achy today. Tomorrow's shoulder shock workout will be a huge test.

GABA: talked to a pharmacist about my GABA and melatonin usage. He said using GABA for 3 or 4 nights a week and melatonin on occasion won't hurt anything. He also said that he doubts either could do any harm with conistent use or long term use... unless of course they were abused at higher doses in which case he wasn't sure.

Off Topic

I love lists... my favorite 3 less well known albums are:

1) Captain Beyond (imagine deep purple playing a pink floyd concept album)

2) Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes: Live (seen this one in concert!

3) Jimmy Hendrix: The Isle of White (just a few days/weeks before Jimmy died I believe)
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Cool

1.hawkwind-masters of the universe 2. pink floyd-ummagumma.3.aerosmith-get your wings. i havent drank or toked in over 10 years, but listening to those albums really bring back memories. 3 favorite places ive been- 1.manila,phillipines 2.lisbon,portugal 3.madrid,spain. perth, australia also wasnt bad. 3 worst places 1.3 miles north of vietnam 2.gitmo, cuba 3.haifa isreal. sorry about the long post, found out we are off tonight at last minute and was a little bored. good luck as always and keep up the good work.
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

1.hawkwind-masters of the universe 2. pink floyd-ummagumma.3.aerosmith-get your wings. i havent drank or toked in over 10 years, but listening to those albums really bring back memories. 3 favorite places ive been- 1.manila,phillipines 2.lisbon,portugal 3.madrid,spain. perth, australia also wasnt bad. 3 worst places 1.3 miles north of vietnam 2.gitmo, cuba 3.haifa isreal. sorry about the long post, found out we are off tonight at last minute and was a little bored. good luck as always and keep up the good work.
    Hey T, what's Hawkmind? And were you in the service? Is that where you caught the liftin bug?

By the way, you can post whatever you want in this thread
  33. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Cool

Hey T, what's Hawkmind? And were you in the service? Is that where you caught the liftin bug?

By the way, you can post whatever you want in this thread
    hawkwind-an old stoner band from the early 70's. uss dwight d. eisenhower cvn. yeah had a badass gym, used to w/o with the cb's grunt's and udt seal's. had 23hr a day chow lines, off time=lift and stand in line to eat. i was a boatswain's mate so used to handle the lines, anchor, underway replenishment. got to steer the ship and run liberty boats.:clean:
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 38

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Workout

30 minutes light cardio

Shoulders & Tris Shock ...modified
    Behind the back Shrugs 10 sets of 10 x 135
    DB Shrug 10 sets of 10 x 45
    Posterior delt/upright row/neutral grip shoulder press 30 x 15/10/10
    Sidelying Alternating Front/Laterals on Incline 10 x 10
    DB Kickbak 21's 20x15/10x10/10x10

Shock workouts seem to work really well for me with smaller muscle groups, especially shoulders. It's difficult to hit all three shoulder heads plus traps in under 1.5 hours. Shock strategies take care of that.

I used a partially neutral to reverse grip on the shoulder presses without pain. I believe the external rotation prevents my supraspinatus (rotator cuff) from the natural impingement in the subacromial space (shoulder joint). Looks like I have a new strategy

Diet

This journal really makes me own up to my diet. I'm sure it's the most difficult part of weight training for almost everyone.

Supplements

BAM/Restore: Although I'm getting slow but steady results, I seem to be accomodating to these supps. I would love to up the dosage of each by a cap.

SuperCissusRX: I did cardio with a sweatshirt to warm up my shoulder. Then I shrugged first because that makes my shoulder feel great for whatever reason (kicks in the supraspinatus?). I used a neutral grip on my presses. I had relatively mild discomfort in today's workout so I believe the combo of my strategies plus the cissus worked well today.

Amino Acids: I found Twinlab liquid amino acids BOGO at Rite Aid. I mixed them in with some gatorade for a "during" drink yesterday and today. Kept the energy going. But, I'd rather be famished post workout which makes me look forward to my shake.

Off Topic

Favorite 3 exercises:
    1) Leg Extensions
    2) Shrugs
    3) Calf Raises

Those exercises feel good whether I'm doing 50 reps for fun or 5 reps with some grunting. I can say the word "shrug" and my traps grow! T, don't ask about the bench!!!
  35. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

the key is to mix it up. i see you've figured it out. get a pair of ankle weights and go to track, or mow grass. hit a heavy bag. go to a highrise and climb stairs, all kinds of stuff you can do to mix it up. i got a pair of oldschool ankle weights-20lbs each-started out mowing grass, then went to track and did 5 miles yeah thats right 5 miles. sunday went to 28 floor building and climbed up and back down again, now thats a workout!
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 39

Off Day.

1.5-2 hours cutting grass. NO ankle weights!

Diet

Just an update on my macro breakdown for yesterday from Fit Day estimates:

Cals 2184
    Protein 240
    Carbs 258
    Fat 23

Ratio: 46/43/10

I had a lot of really lean meats yesterday and rotate those with red meat a few days per week. That will definately raise my fat intake a little and get my ratios closer to 40/40/20 where I want them.

I'll raise total cals too if I feel like I'm starting to lose muscle.

Supps

BAM/Restore: I had an interesting discovery today. I had plans to hook up with a nurse that I met last weekend and she ended up working a double. So, for the sake of this story, I have to admit that 'ol lefty was my date last night.

I've noticed since starting Restore that performance and libido have been just slightly up. However, after... ahem... self examination, I noticed a rather small load last night. I find that very odd since I haven't had sex since Sunday. Any thoughts on why in terms of my supps?
  37. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

could be the restore reducing estrogen.
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

could be the restore reducing estrogen.
    Interesting. That never happened with 6-oxo or formestane. In fact, it was the opposite. Does that happen with reduced estrogen frequently? Quite frankly, it's no big deal to me. I should assume that it will return to normal within a few weeks of finishing up my stack, right?

Diet edit

*forgot to calculate a post workout shake and some carbs that I had with a preworkout shake

cals 2817
    pro 308
    carb 336
    fat 29

ratio: 46/44/10
  39. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Cool

Interesting. That never happened with 6-oxo or formestane. In fact, it was the opposite. Does that happen with reduced estrogen frequently? Quite frankly, it's no big deal to me. I should assume that it will return to normal within a few weeks of finishing up my stack, right?

Diet edit

*forgot to calculate a post workout shake and some carbs that I had with a preworkout shake

cals 2817
    pro 308
    carb 336
    fat 29

ratio: 46/44/10
    its common with ai's. 6oxo is more test boost than ai. formestane, who knows how it work's, it just does. 6-bromo is supposed to help libido but it still may be the culprit on load size. here's an analogy of formestane-im not a rocket scientist, but i know if i buy a ticket and sit in a seat, 99 % of the time the plane will take off and land.
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

Day 40

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Workout

Back and Bis Shock
    Underhand Pull UP Rest Pause 6sets of 3, 6sets of 2, 6sets of 2
    Bodyweight Row 15, 15, 12
    DB Row 10 sets of 10 x 45 lbs.
    DB Hammer Curl (up the rack, down the rack) 40 x 8
    Concentration Curl 30 x 9 (drop)

I can barely type because my forearms are so pumped and I can't hold my arms up. Minimal rest b/w sets... it was a much needed fun routine.

Diet

Disaster today. I went to a stupid seminar for work and had really low calories preworkout. The rest of the day will be satisfactory.

Supplements

Restore/BAM: Pumps were nice, but mild, this week and I'm seeing a some of vascularity.

SuperCissusRx: No shoulder pain all week. But I modified my routine and weights were light for shock week. I'll take the decrease in pain for what it is. I have noticed that my shoulder still has crepitus (catching/grinding/popping). Although, these symptoms are down about 20 or 30% since I switched to the Super a few weeks ago.

Off Topic

I recieved my sample bottle of Paravol from PA labs like 2 or 3 days after making my order. FAST! It's murder being patient to wait for my next stack to try it out On that note, I haven't recieved Aspire or Leviathon samples and I'm betting that they ran out for the time being. I'm totally cool with that because, what the hey, they are free.

I also haven't recieved a "special" order that I made for my next stack. I think we all get a little antsy with "special" purchases, right?

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALRI Evolution Stack
    By CDONDICI in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 02:01 PM
  2. NHA stack vs ALRI evolution stack!!!!!
    By anabolicloc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 08:04 PM
  3. ***BAM!!!! Cervasa and The ALRI Evolution***
    By cervasa1977 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 11:10 PM
  4. SmithsonGA ALRI Evolution Sponsored Log
    By smithsonga in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 08:56 AM
  5. Hoss ALRI Evolution STack