ON's Casein Creamy Vanilla

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ordered this and decided to see if i'd less digestive issues with this type over whey. That'll take a several more servings before I can make a informed decision on that but I figured I would give my initial thoughts on it.

I blended 1 scoop into 16oz skim milk and 1/2 cup of rolled oats.

It smells like cake mix and blends easily into the milk. This is what i've come to expect of pretty much all protein now days. It tastes a bit stronger than ON's Vanilla icecream whey. No real aftertaste and so far no stomach issues.

For price, taste and mixability I would recommend this if anyone was looking for a name brand national product. I still think the best bet is buying from places like Anabolicinnovations and trueprotein because of the customer service and better choices but some people will only go with brands they find in GNC :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ordered this and decided to see if i'd less digestive issues with this type over whey. That'll take a several more servings before I can make a informed decision on that but I figured I would give my initial thoughts on it.

I blended 1 scoop into 16oz skim milk and 1/2 cup of rolled oats.

It smells like cake mix and blends easily into the milk. This is what i've come to expect of pretty much all protein now days. It tastes a bit stronger than ON's Vanilla icecream whey. No real aftertaste and so far no stomach issues.

For price, taste and mixability I would recommend this if anyone was looking for a name brand national product. I still think the best bet is buying from places like Anabolicinnovations and trueprotein because of the customer service and better choices but some people will only go with brands they find in GNC :)

I've been using On's 100% Casein for years on and off. The other brand I really like is HSN Driver. I actually like the Driver better but Nutraplanet doesn't carry it so I have been using ONs. I have also used All The Whey Casien. Its ok, just doesn't taste as good as either of the other two.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to know that you've used it that long. I really needed to find a protein that wouldn't give me issues. Seems over the last year to year and a half i've developed intolerances with certain foods/products.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to know that you've used it that long. I really needed to find a protein that wouldn't give me issues. Seems over the last year to year and a half i've developed intolerances with certain foods/products.

I have strugled with IBS for years. I was diagnosed about 15 years ago. The only thing that really helped me was a phase shift diet which I started about 5 years ago and still use till this day. The only times I have problems are during carb up days, but hey you can't have everything...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True :)
Just amazes me how much intestinal issues can totally put you out of commission. The effects on energy and well being alone are terrible.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
I use ON %100 Casein everyday! I switch back and forth between the chocolate and vanilla flavors. I love the stuff.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The vanilla is a little too sweet. I only switch between the two once in a while for something different. I only wish Nutraplanet would pick up HSN products though. I really like Driver. I have not had it in a while. I used to spend a lot at BN. Now I place all orders with Nutraplanet.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is tad on the sweet side. With the addition of the oats it took the sweetness out.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, on carb-ups I add some quick oats to it and peanut butter whey from AI plus some natural Peanut Butter. Very yummy.
Dammit!!! You've gone and made me hungry.

How are you guys using the casein, strictly prebed or just like a normal protein PWO shake?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me it'll be used for nighttime and workout. I can't use whey anymore it seems.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

How are you guys using the casein, strictly prebed or just like a normal protein PWO shake?
Most of the time pre-bed, sometimes I throw an extra one or two in. Mostly I add extra on carb-ups. Otherwise I save it for before bed. Its really too expensive to use more than once a day.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

Post workout I use Dymatize ISO-100. I use the Casein to mix with my cooked oats, and then before bed.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing WMS+Xtend post workout, then 30 minutes later I put one scoop of ON 100% whey and one scoop of ON 100% casein into my mixer and drink it on down. I really, really enjoy this flavor (vanilla) because theres more to it than the whey...plus it's a little bit thicker.

Actually, I'm about to go get a 4 lb tub from NP...:woohoo:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always liked the chocolate but this makes me want to try the vanilla!

T-Bone, Nutraplanet has a product request thread, have you asked them to carry it in that thread? Its quite possible....

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Any update on digestion using Casein? It is separated from milk, but I am unclear if it still carries lactose or not? Clarify?

Thanks.
This may not help, but I have trouble digesting WPC, and ON Casein gives me no problems at all. Sorry if that doesnt help, but %100 Casein, and %100 Isolate proteins are the only ones that I digest well.