Universal Torrent

size

Awards
  • Established
Recently, I just started using the new Universal post work out formula, Torrent. For me, my post workout shake consists of nothing fancy or exotic, but instead I simply use a whey isolate and mix with oat powder. So this formula is quite a change for me.

Contents:
3.28 Lbs. Cherry Berry Blast
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3Scoop(~99g)
Servings Per Container: 15
Amount Per Serving
Calories 302
Total Fat 1.5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 52g
Sugars 26g
Protein 20g

Calcium 112mg
Sodium 127mg
Potassium 192mg
Torrent Proprietary Blend 18,000mg
Anti-Catabolic Leucine Complex 8000mg
L-Leucine
Leucine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG)
Leucine Ethyl Ester
N-Acetyl Leucine

Volubolic Amino Blend 7000mg
Taurine
Glutamine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG)
L-Phenylalanine
Citulline Malate
Creabolic Complex 3000mg
Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE)
Magnesium Creatine Chelate™ (MCC)
Tri-Methyl Glycine (TMG)

Other Ingredients
Osmosulin Matrix™(D-Glucose, Waxy Maize, Maltodextrin), Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate(Milk)(Providing Di-, Tri-, Oligo-, And Polypeptides), Malic Acid, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1

Now, my experience thus far has been limited on it but here are my initial thoughts on the product.
Formula: I like the combination of the hydrolyzed whey, carbs, and the leucine. This makes it a sound post workout formula. With that said, there are a few minor issues that I find with the formula. With the leucine complex, I do not understand the inclusion of the varying types of leucine. Having the 8grams of a leucine complex is wonderful but why not simply leucine. With the volume amino blend, I do not think there is enough citrulline malate to have an impact. In regards to the carbs, the mixture of dextrose, waxy maize, and maltodextrin is an understandable carb blend especially with the sudden surge around WMS. However, I do think a lower amount of dextrose would be ideal.

Overall even with some of the mild issues I mentioned, I do feel it is a formula that makes sense and should be rather effective.

Mixing/Texture: Product mixes easily in 20oz of water at the suggested serving size in a shaker. I have had no issues at all and this really surprised me. Drinking it is not an issue. The mixed drink is smooth without clumping and only has minor foaming that lasts only briefly. While drinking, one can feel a unique texture that I assume is the waxy maize.

Smell/Taste: The smell to me is rather odd. It does not smell appealing but it is not bad. The taste is rather pleasant and refreshing especially after a workout. The flavor is similar to that of a child's fruit drink.

Performance: While it is far too soon for me to actually indicate any measure of results, I do feel one thing is worth noting. I tend to bloat rather easily from shakes and have some mild stomach issues. However, thus far this really has not been an issue as my stomach has handled the shake easily and bloating has not been a major issue.

From my limited usage, I feel this is a product worth looking into if you are an individual looking for an all inclusive post workout formula. When one considers the contents, price point, and servings contained, then this product certainly shows an excellent level of value for the consumer. The taste and ability to mix easily are great bonuses.

Last edited:

size

Awards
  • Established
I should add that I am not a fan of cherry flavored anything but this product does taste fine and has a good after workout taste(if that makes sense).

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the review, looks like a good product :cheers:

size

Awards
  • Established
Brief Update:
I have been noticing that the muscle groups that were worked out seem to be remaining fuller for a longer period of time than usual.