Alcohol and prohormones

rmrider03

Awards
I was wondering if anyone knew if it'd be alright to have a few beers, or any alcohol for that matter, while taking a prohormone supplement? I know i've heard its usually not a good idea, but would a couple drinks be okay?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
While I would never suggest it, the severity of the damage would depend on if the compound is methylated or not.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
While I would never suggest it, the severity of the damage would depend on if the compound is methylated or not.
I agree with rpen!
Why would you want to even drink even if you aren’t using Ph's, to me its like taking a step forward and 4 steps back.

That’s just my opinion!

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's not a good idea to drink. It interrupts the krebs cycle and not to mention my buddy decided that when on his phera plex and superdrol cycle that he would drink a 1/5 of jack and that's all he drank for the whole cycle. His liver values were horrendous by the time he got them checked. the liver is already running in high gear to process the PHs, there's no reason to throw a wrench in the gears.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i agree that drinking and a methylated cycles don't mix.

but a couple of beers? maybe once or twice during cycle. i wouldn't think that would be so horrible.

i'm not a huge drinker and haven't had any drinks on cycle so i can't really say for sure. but i'm sure some of you out there have had a few beers on cycle. give us your feedback.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
everyone likes the occasional cocktail. id be a hypocrit if I say i didnt do it once or twice

but methyls and alcohol dont mix. moderation is key a beer or wine here and there with dinner isnt as bad as going out and tying one on with the fellas

no sense in putting more stress on ur liver then already having

HARDtotheCORE

Awards
I do not drink at all. In fact, this week is my 3rd year anniversary of sobriety! with that said, one of my buddies was taking a moderate dose of anadrol to kickstart his test cyp cycle, and his eyes turned yellow, and started having other signs of liver problems after just one night of heavy drinking. IMO alcohol has no place in a serious athletes life. Buffhunk had it right. 1 step forward, 4 steps back. Amen brother!

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
I do not drink at all. In fact, this week is my 3rd year anniversary of sobriety! with that said, one of my buddies was taking a moderate dose of anadrol to kickstart his test cyp cycle, and his eyes turned yellow, and started having other signs of liver problems after just one night of heavy drinking. IMO alcohol has no place in a serious athletes life. Buffhunk had it right. 1 step forward, 4 steps back. Amen brother!
Arent you 19 or something? Just wondering b/c Ur a damn Monster! and I rarely drink. Mike at the gym is one of the leanest 200lbs guys I know and he could drink a horse under the table. His strong as **** and lean as **** but drinks a ton!! It doesnt make sense he is some kinda super human!

HARDtotheCORE

Awards
Arent you 19 or something? Just wondering b/c Ur a damn Monster! and I rarely drink. Mike at the gym is one of the leanest 200lbs guys I know and he could drink a horse under the table. His strong as **** and lean as **** but drinks a ton!! It doesnt make sense he is some kinda super human!

Yep, i'm 19, and thanks for the compliment! I started drinking really young, and had some rather poor influences in my life. Alcohol was somewhat of a problem for me up until my junior year of high school. April 11 of my junior year was the last time i've touched alcohol, and i'm now a sophmore in college, and i couldnt be happier. I'm also a bouncer at a bar, and having to deal with drunken deuchbags every night will really make you look at alcohol in a different light.

zaxariah

Awards
My roommate is 270 pounds of lean muscle at 6'3. He drinks like a fish all the time and he's on all types of gear. However, he also say he doesn't care to live pass 55 so who knows what problems he will have in the future, but immediate effects are not there. I don't see any anyways.

itismejoshy

Awards
its no good, plus i get lit way to fast.....i don't do it....i'll nurse an ultra all night if i have to....god i would be so ripped if i could stop drinkin.....

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
IMO your diet and routine should be part of strict discipline when using a PH, so if you can't give up a few beers for a few weeks youre gambling with your health. that's just me

hurricane73

Awards
By heavily drinking alcohol you're simply making it more difficult for your body to recover from your workouts and you're hindering your gains. No your not going to severely hurt your liver or seriously hinder your gains by having a couple beers in fact many public health recommendations say having 2 beers or 1 shot of liquor or 2 glasses of wine is beneficial due to the anti-oxidative properties found in polyphenols. I would however be taking milk thistle with any prohormone because the chemicals are passing through the liver and if you're going to be drinking it gives you all the more reason to.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
The guy asked about a "few beers" not about going on a binge. That said, I don't do it. Especially if it's methyl. Alcohol dehydrates you and that's a no no on PH's anyway. It's only a couple of weeks. Plan your cycle around any events where you would normally drink. Outside of that it's pretty easy to stop drinking for a few weeks. If you have one or two it probably won't hurt you but it could so why risk it. If you do I'd recommend downing a couple of gatorade's or something too.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive drank on cycle, ive rolled on cycle even, i was for a year straight, high dosed orals i didnt care about my health at all...went to the doctor 8 monthes after i cleaned up my life...my liver values are normal? i still will never drink again

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bringing this one back..

I see everyone says it's a no-no w/ methyls.. What about 1 glass of red wine w/ dinner or shortly before bed. I'd be running cycle assist from CEL also. I ask this because I already am a hyper person, so I usually unwind at the end of the night w/ a glass of cab. I have to get to bed @ a decent hour so I can get up @ 3am for work.. I'd look for something else to calm me, but I'd be afraid I wouldn't wake up on time for work!

Any more feedback on red wine & ph's?

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Ever considered throwing another liver support supp in there? Maybe take liver longer or liver juice if you are worried about it with the red wine. I drank a loko (critical oversight on my part) once at the end of a cycle and my liver throbbed the next day. Needless to say i don't touch alcohol on cycle

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
I don't condone the the use of alcohol along with prohormone, but a beer or two, or a glass or so of wine won't kill you. I had a good friend, my room mate, who ran a 3 week cycle of SD, consumed 4 beers while 2 weeks into his cycle and lived to tell the story.

As most of you know SD is a highly liver toxic compound; a friend of ours came back from a tour of duty in Afghanistan and we had a few beers with him. My buddy literally consumed 4, 8oz glasses of Guinness. He ate prior to consuming alcohol, and drank an 8oz glass of water between each beer. When we got home from the bar, he felt fine, and continued his regular dietary regime. He woke up the next day, felt fine, no abdominal pain, no headaches from dehydration, etc. As I said he continued his regular diet routine, but upped his water intake to avoid dehydration.

The day after drinking he also continued his regular workout routine, chest and triceps, and contrary to my speculation, his lifts increased. In fact he broke his flat bench press record, finally hitting 265 lbs for the first time.

Prior to starting his cycle he had blood work done and everything including liver values were copasetic. After his cycle he had blood work done again and everything, including liver values were fine. During his cycle he consumed CEL Cycle Assist with additional Milk Thistle, preloaded 3 weeks prior to cycle. My mate ran this cycle 8 months ago, and has not experienced any estrogen related symptoms, like delayed gyno, etc.

I am not saying that people should go out and get blasted, but the effects of a beer or two, or a glass of wine are negligible. However everyone is different. Just thought I share my story....

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
Taking the cycle is already pretty bad for you and alcohol is only going to make it worse.
with that being said, drinking a few beers one time when your taking a cycle isnt going to be that bad for you in the long run.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good info.. Yeah, I may run an additional milk thistle supp. I also forgot to mention, I only have to wake up @ 3am 2x a week.. My schedule is 2 days on, 2 nights on, 4 days off.. So, technically, I only really need to unwind twice a week w/ a glass of wine..

Funny about the Loko.. :lol: when I was recovering from my shoulder surgery (unable to workout) I figured I'd just let loose for a while & enjoy a non-disciplined life..:lmao: Dude, I drank plenty of the Loko while out!! That stuff is potent!!

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Good info.. Yeah, I may run an additional milk thistle supp. I also forgot to mention, I only have to wake up @ 3am 2x a week.. My schedule is 2 days on, 2 nights on, 4 days off.. So, technically, I only really need to unwind twice a week w/ a glass of wine..

Funny about the Loko.. :lol: when I was recovering from my shoulder surgery (unable to workout) I figured I'd just let loose for a while & enjoy a non-disciplined life..:lmao: Dude, I drank plenty of the Loko while out!! That stuff is potent!!
I have had it twice, the first time i had 2 and half... i have no idea what happened that day. like no idea at all. ever since then ive never had more than one

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have had it twice, the first time i had 2 and half... i have no idea what happened that day. like no idea at all. ever since then ive never had more than one
Yeah, my buddy thought he could handle them too & drank 2 in one night. He called the next day apologizing to my wife & I!! We laughed our a$$'s off!! He was out of control.. I tried to warn him too!!

I may try one way down the road. Right now I'm on keto, & will be starting a PH cycle shortly.. No Loko for me!:fingersx:

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my buddy thought he could handle them too & drank 2 in one night. He called the next day apologizing to my wife & I!! We laughed our a$$'s off!! He was out of control.. I tried to warn him too!!

I may try one way down the road. Right now I'm on keto, & will be starting a PH cycle shortly.. No Loko for me!:fingersx:
I have this super drinking gene, i didn't get sick or have a hangover from my loko fiasco...But what ph you running? is it for a cut to continue the keto? B/c loko has like 600 cals per can and that sh!t aint keto

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
My opinion based on the feedback is that every person will respond to alchohol on cycle differently just as we all respond differently to the PHs. It's going to depend on too many individual factors. As said above, if you can't resist the urge for 6 weeks while trying to improve your body, something is wrong.

IF you have to drink on cycle I'd suggest watching for all the signs that you would if you were on and not drinking. Watch for the yellowing of the eyes and the darkening or redening of the urine. I have also heard that there are things you can monitor in your daily dumps but I don't know what they are. And, they may be hard to distinguish among the beer sh1ts.

Take your liver support supplements and if you must drink, do it in moderation. You only get one liver and I have heard that liver dialysys sux.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
My opinion based on the feedback is that every person will respond to alchohol on cycle differently just as we all respond differently to the PHs. It's going to depend on too many individual factors. As said above, if you can't resist the urge for 6 weeks while trying to improve your body, something is wrong.

IF you have to drink on cycle I'd suggest watching for all the signs that you would if you were on and not drinking. Watch for the yellowing of the eyes and the darkening or redening of the urine. I have also heard that there are things you can monitor in your daily dumps but I don't know what they are. And, they may be hard to distinguish among the beer sh1ts.

Take your liver support supplements and if you must drink, do it in moderation. You only get one liver and I have heard that liver dialysys sux.

NICELY STATED!

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
This post is going to seem like the devil's advocate but here we go...my freshman year of college a friend of mine who weighed probably around 150 ran Superdrol as his first cycle at 30mg a day for 4 weeks. He did this while continuing to go out and drink like any other college kid does their freshman year. Drank 10+ drinks multiple nights a week for the entire cycle. He didn't die, is in fine shape today, and the kicker is he got sick gains of his cycle. Blew the **** up and strength gains were great.

So yea, sometimes I think people worry a little too much but it's still not smart to drink on cycle. Moral to the story is it's fine to have a few, you're not going to die of jaundice on the spot like some people think.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
This post is going to seem like the devil's advocate but here we go...my freshman year of college a friend of mine who weighed probably around 150 ran Superdrol as his first cycle at 30mg a day for 4 weeks. He did this while continuing to go out and drink like any other college kid does their freshman year. Drank 10+ drinks multiple nights a week for the entire cycle. He didn't die, is in fine shape today, and the kicker is he got sick gains of his cycle. Blew the **** up and strength gains were great.

So yea, sometimes I think people worry a little too much but it's still not smart to drink on cycle. Moral to the story is it's fine to have a few, you're not going to die of jaundice on the spot like some people think.
I bet this dude drank a lot of beer did he not? superdrol is a carb animal i can actually understand putting on mass like this with sd and tons of beer

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards

4 loko is like mixing a heaving scoop of N.O xplode with 5 shots of vodka.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
I drank a few days after a SD/epi cycle in moderation (4-5 drinks over 4-5 hours) and I felt my liver for multiple days after. Don't do it.

drudixon

Awards
Btw what is loko? I'm from aus
It's a drink that has recently been banned in the US. I've never had it, but the younger guys love it. Imagine a premixed redbull and vodka with some kind of herb tossed in. Apparently you can get rocked by just 1 or 2.

That said, Cisco Red can probably get you more mangled, but you may vomit it tastes so bad.

drofwarc

drofwarc

Awards
Hahah fair enough

Also this is a good thread and something I will be considering for my next methylated cycle

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The local gas stations down here in LA still sell it. For less than $2 a can its uber cheap!!

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Btw what is loko? I'm from aus
Loko is a premium malt beverae served in 23oz can. It is the alcohol equivalent of 5-6 beers. It is 12% abv. It is also chocked full of caffiene taurine and guarana. Recently the company has removed the energy component from the drink. I stocked up luckily. Loko has been called "blackout in a can"

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Here's a novel thought ...

Give up alcohol altogether - even when "off cycle".

I've never had a problem with alcohol - never been an alcoholic. I don't have any "moral" issues surrounding alcohol - I drank socially for decades.

But let me tell you something - these subtances that you put into your body ... like alcohol and nicotine - they'll hold you back on your physical goals.

Decades - I smoked and built my body - and was pretty good at it. Then, about five years ago when I was 44 years old - I decided to quit smoking. You're not supposed to "see" a lot of gains in your physique after the age of 40 due to dropping test - but let me tell you - when I quit it was a like doing a "cycle" of test or something. Big difference.

And now that I'm 49, I thought - "hey, I'll do the same with alcohol".

It's not any good for you - no matter what some "rationalizing" scientific studies may say. It's only going to lower your test levels ... and it's not good for your liver. It's catabolic.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's a novel thought ...

Give up alcohol altogether - even when "off cycle".

I've never had a problem with alcohol - never been an alcoholic. I don't have any "moral" issues surrounding alcohol - I drank socially for decades.

But let me tell you something - these subtances that you put into your body ... like alcohol and nicotine - they'll hold you back on your physical goals.

Decades - I smoked and built my body - and was pretty good at it. Then, about five years ago when I was 44 years old - I decided to quit smoking. You're not supposed to "see" a lot of gains in your physique after the age of 40 due to dropping test - but let me tell you - when I quit it was a like doing a "cycle" of test or something. Big difference.

And now that I'm 49, I thought - "hey, I'll do the same with alcohol".

It's not any good for you - no matter what some "rationalizing" scientific studies may say. It's only going to lower your test levels ... and it's not good for your liver. It's catabolic.
When I was a freshman in high school i had some senior tell me smoking will make my veins bigger... I just remember thinking "what a ****ing dumba**"

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
When I was a freshman in high school i had some senior tell me smoking will make my veins bigger... I just remember thinking "what a ****ing dumba**"
I wish that was true cause my veins would be huge!!

berraco47

Awards
It's just not worth it! Alcohol will be around way after your cycle, but you only have one liver! If destroying it for a couple of drinks seems worth it to you then you should re-evaluate things. I mean why would you want to go on cycle just to **** it up with alcohol. Just tell your friends your good and your going to be the DD or tell them you can't drink because you have work etc.... I'm on cycle now and I'm actually having MORE fun when I go out and don't drink.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
It's just not worth it! Alcohol will be around way after your cycle, but you only have one liver! If destroying it for a couple of drinks seems worth it to you then you should re-evaluate things. I mean why would you want to go on cycle just to **** it up with alcohol. Just tell your friends your good and your going to be the DD or tell them you can't drink because you have work etc.... I'm on cycle now and I'm actually having MORE fun when I go out and don't drink.
Because you've switched to smokin green... :smokin: