I'm a NO Limit Soldier!!!

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Big thank to DS and BigPeteFox for letting me test yet another one of their products. Unfortuantely I was unable to start on the this past Monday so I'll be taking my first dose on April 9th at 4:00pm.

I am a firm beleiver that NO products have been a quite the scam since it came to the market in 2003 with MRI NO2 with the patented Pfizer 3 delivery system. That just screams bs. I got suckered, tried a couple bottles, noticed little to nothing, and of course took it back to GNC for an exchange.

The following summer I tried IDS NO product-----crap. Summer of 2005 I tried Omega Sports and noticed increased endurance.

Enough blabber. I will be keeping a pretty detailed log for through the 8th of May. Questions, comments?

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Day 1:

Legs

I hit about 8 sets of box squats and 6 sets of calves today. I didn't do hammies because of some pain on the outside of the back of my knee when flexed.

I didn't really notice anything other than back pumps but that could just be from doing box squats for the 1st time in forever.

Either way today is the first day; defintely too early too tell anything. Chest tomorrow.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Day 2: Chest

I noticed that I was pretty pumped within the first few sets of my workout. I defeintely had a good training session. My endurance is good.
The pump however is not everlasting as of yet. No side effects. I feel great.

uhockey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Big thank to DS and BigPeteFox for letting me test yet another one of their products. Unfortuantely I was unable to start on the this past Monday so I'll be taking my first dose on April 9th at 4:00pm.

I am a firm beleiver that NO products have been a quite the scam since it came to the market in 2003 with MRI NO2 with the patented Pfizer 3 delivery system. That just screams bs. I got suckered, tried a couple bottles, noticed little to nothing, and of course took it back to GNC for an exchange.

The following summer I tried IDS NO product-----crap. Summer of 2005 I tried Omega Sports and noticed increased endurance.

Enough blabber. I will be keeping a pretty detailed log for through the 8th of May. Questions, comments?

I apologize for no one following along. I'm on now. :)

What is diet like and what is the training protocol?

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Looks like my thead is getting bumrushed by DS reps!:bruce3:

Thanks for coming through. I was just getting ready to post all of this. The last couple days have been kinda busy.

Diet is considerably clean:

Meal1: Oatmeal w/ honey and rasins, egg whites, and wheat toast, 2 scoops of protein w/ 1% milk

Meal2: Can of tuna and banana

Meal3: Lean meat, rice or sweet potato, veggies, or pasta

Meal4 Pre-workout: Optimum Pro Complex Gainer shake (600 cals)

Meal5 Post-workout: Super Shake(2 scoops of Optimum Whey, 1.5 scoops of ice cream, 1 tblspn honey, 1 tblspn olive oil, oatmeal, 1.5 tblspns of peanut butter, banana, 8oz of 1% milk)

Meal6: Lean meat, rice or sweet potato, veggies, or pasta

Meal7: Scoop of Optimum 100% casein with milk

Training
Monday - Legs:
Squats:
135x10 for 2 sets
185x6
225x5
315x3
365x1
405x1
315x5 for 3 sets

Hamstring curls:
4 sets of 6-8

Calves:
3 sets of 15-30 on that donkey, donkey!

Tuesday - Chest and medial deltoid:
Incline BB:
135x10 for 2 sets
185x8
205x8
215x7 2 sets

Flat BB:
185x8
205x8
215x7 2 sets
Incline flies:
55x6-8 for 3 sets
1 set of pec deck immediately after 12-15reps

Hammer strengh incline press:
2 sets of 10

Super set db laterals w/ seated bradford presses:
3 sets of 8-10

Wednesday - Back and rear delt:
Deadlift or Rack pulls:
warm up
2-3 working sets of 4-6 reps

Wide grip pullups or close grip pullups:
3 heavy sets of 6-8

Some kind of rows(bb, t-bar, db, cable):
3 heavy sets of 6-8

Super set wide grip rows to the chest w/ rear laterals:
3 sets of 8-10

Abs

Thursday - Arms:
Close grip bench:
warm up
3 working sets of 4-8

Barbell curls:
warm up
3-4 working sets of 4-8

Super set v-bar push downs w/ alternating standing db curls(every other rep is hammer curl):

3 sets of 6-8

Superset standing bb wrist curls w/ seated reverse bb wrist curls:
3 sets of 10-15

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everytime I see this thread all I can hear in my head is

Make em say uhhhh! Uhhhh! Na na na na!!!

And for that i'm subbed :)

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
How many grams of fat do you get a day?
Not sure, hopefully enough, b/w the ice cream, milk, olive oil, pb, flax oil, and red meat. I eat flat iron steaks like nobodys business.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
That's what I say when I'm dropping that dood after work!:dump:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Make sure you drink lots of water with your dose, and during training.. I've noticed the more water I take in the harder the pump felt.. ;)

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 - Back:

Had a quick and intense workout. I noticed that it doesn't take as long to get a pump. Not much else out of the ordinary. Endurance may be increasing slightly. Still only three workouts deep.

Quick rant

There are 2 ways that I know I am really pumped:

1. During a chest workout, I cannot touch the inside of both of my forearms together, no matter how hard I try. Otherwise I can do it pretty easily.

2. When my bis are ridiculously pumped, I cannot touch my middle finger to my shoulder (on on the same side of course). Otherwise its easy.

If it ever gets to this point when I wake up in the morning, I will buy a life supply of this supplement. But, so far no all day/everlasting pumps.

BPF, I saw your post in another thread about taking 2 scoops of xceed, 50 grams of WMS to make the pumps better. Not that I plan on doing that yet, but you are Thee Pumpmaster. On that note I'll increase my water intake.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, that'll make for a more aggressive pump, and with an added EAA mix, more anabolic.. ;)

I've noticed when I drink at least 40oz water during training the pump gets harder and more vascular.. It's worth a try.. :)

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tips, BPF!

Unfortunately I was unable to train arms this week due to tendonitis in both elbows. Though it is getting better it is not well enough to train for a gain. Train smarter...Knowhuttimean?

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 (Friday) - Legs II:

I decided to start hitting legs twice a week now. I went in and hit 6 working sets of closed stance leg press (full range, from cannonball to stand tall). These are the real deal.

I also hit calves pretty hard. 3 sets of 20 on standing, 3 sets of 20 on sled.

My legs felt pretty large afterwards. Great workouts so far. Motivation has seemed to increase. Can't wait to see how this week goes now that I have increased my water intake.

Are we supposed to take this on non-training days?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just take it on workout days, the workout itself keeps me pumped long after.. ;)

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 (Monday) - Legs I

I pounded out the box squats. These are just the highlights:

500x1rep
315x7x2

The lower back pumps last monday were not due to the NO. I think it just had to do with my first time doing box squats. I was fine yesterday.

I increased my water intake to increase any kind of pump. Though I had a great workout and was energetic I can't say much in terms of prolonged pumps. It's kind of hard for me to tell when my legs are really pumped. Much easier with chest and arms though. My elbows are getting better, hopefully I will be able to hit arms this thursday.

This afternoon I train chest and medial delt.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, roboe. It took a long while to get there. Not to mention having the right people around to give pointers and motivation. That was my first time doing 500lbs on anything. Hopefully it transfers back over to the regular squats in a few weeks here.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Okay I've been kinda slackin on here.

Tues - Chest and medial delt:
Good workout but not as good as it could have been since my elbow wasn't 100%. So of course there were no increases in weight or reps. I didn't experience a prolonged pump that day. I only did about 3 working sets of incline, 3 sets of peck deck, and 3 sets of hammer strength incline. Damn elbow!

Wed - Back and rear delt:
Great workout. Endurance and motivation and has seemed to increase. I felt like doing more when I finished. I noticed that my mind muscle connection was excellent.

Highlights:
Sumo Rack Pulls - 465x1
Weighted pullups - 3 sets of 6 with 40 pound dumbell

Thurs - Arms: skipped due to tendonitis in my elbows

Fri - Legs II:
6 working sets of full leg press (full range).
8 -10 sets of calves

Again, same stuff as I felt on back day. I even stayed longer to do some chest and back machine excercises just for the pumps. Which by the way were good, but didn't last any longer than ususal.

Questions?!

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
How long have you had the tendonitis problem for now?
I'm going on my 3rd week. I skipped the last 2 arm workouts. The one before the 1st skipped workout was a light and short workout since it started to flare up.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How's your essential fat intake? Also, try bromelain and turmeric extract..

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 - Legs I:

Box Squat (sit and rock back): failed on 510 :frustrate
Oh well cut it down to 405 for a few set of triples. Then
315x5.

4 sets of 8 for hamstring curls
6 sets of calves

My unofficial powerliftng trainer, noticed that I was not pushing my hips back and sitting down smoothly, so he assigned me to some lower back work:

3 sets of 8 on reverse hypers

Nothing much to report except for the fact that I got crushed by 510lbs.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
How's your essential fat intake? Also, try bromelain and turmeric extract..
Man, I have no clue. Is this something I should be paying close attention to also? Would this help heal my tendonitis?

I wiki'd the bromelain and turmeric. I see they are supposed to help reduce inflammation. I've been using about 3 grams of nutras cisssus for the last few weeks now. Would this exceed the benefits of bromelain and turmeric?

My elbows have been getting much better btw. Last week I started icing them for 7 minutes and then massaging it with BenGay. A former powerlifter recommended that to me, saying that his chiropractor recommended that to him. Hopefully I can train some arms thursday and see how the pumps are in that area.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If anything, the bromelain and turmeric would boost the cissus' efficacy.. I'm all about synergy, my friend.. ;)

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
The rest of last week was pretty smilar to the previous. Workouts have been good and productive. Pumps are better than any NO product I have tried.

Highlights:

Chest: none I'm not really pushing it until my elbow is 100%

Back: Sumo rack pull: 495x1
I definitely felt like I could have done more volume that day. I was feeling pretty strong.

Skipped arms again. I think I'll hit them this thursday though, I miss 'em!

I hit legs again on Friday. I was defeintely feeling the strength and endurance on the full range leg presses. I was squeezing out 8 reps with 7 plates on each side.

Today Day 13 - Legs I

I hit my normal box squat routine but only went up to 455. I'll take this Friday easy on leg press since next Monday I'll be using a higher box and going heavier.

One thing I like about this supp is the increase in stamina and endurance. It makes my workouts much better. I need less rest in b/w sets and I'm able to pump outmore volume.

I think I'm gonna add some xCEEd to see what that does. Only if that's okay with Pumpmaster Pete Fox...

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
XCEED combined with N.O.Limits will make your skin feel 2 sizes too small.. ;)

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
One thing I like about this supp is the increase in stamina and endurance. It makes my workouts much better. I need less rest in b/w sets and I'm able to pump outmore volume.
I have also noticed a significant drop in the recovery period necessary between sets.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
Yep!

I didn't really log much from last week since I took it pretty light. Really only one huge and I mean huuuuuge highlight on day 16 (5/3/07)...I trained arms!!!:head:

Finally my tendonitis in my elbows is gone! I completely forgot what it was like to have full arms that are nice and pumped. I mean I was almost smiling during my sets.

I didn't go heavy at all though.

Close grip press: 135x10,135x10, 185x8,205x8,185x8
Standing barbell curl: 85x10, 85x10,105x8,85x10
3 Supersets - v-bar pushdowns: 100x10 w/ standing db curls(alt hammer w/ regular reps): 50lb dumbells x10

Pump was great. Almost like superdrol. Haven't trained arms in a while so I may be exagerating. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Monday Day 18(5/7/07) Legs I:

I started doing squats on the high box which is about 2-3 inches higher.

570x1

Went back to the regular box - 455x3

It seems like the hardest part is walking it out!