BigVrunga's Hyperdrol X2 Log

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BigVrunga's Hyperdrol X2 Log

Been a good while since I've run a log here on AM, so it is with great appreciation that I thank Anablic Xtreme and macedaddy for selecting me as one of the HyperdrolX2 testers.

Physical Stats
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 216 lbs
BF%: 11-12%

Supplement History: For the past 6 months, I've only used a Multi, Hawthorn Berry, and Cissus Quadrangularis. Ive tried several of the 'natural anabolic' products with varying degrees of success including Alpha Drive, Anagen, Jungle Warfare, ATD, PowerFULL, Synergy, Mega-Dose BCAA's, etc.

Anabolics History: Not much unfortunately. 2 4-week 1test/4AD cycles, the last one was nearly 3 years ago.

Training History Bodybuilding and Fitness has been a serious part of my life for about 6 years now. Ive attacked my goals with varying degrees of intensity - generally depending on how much BS life is throwing at me at any given time. Started out at 165lbs, ~11%BF and bulked up to 240 at nearly 18%BF over the course of 4 years. When i realized I was a fatass:), went on a long, arduous cut for nearly 10 months and achieved 205lbs ~9.5%BF before I couldnt take any more dieting.
For the past 6 months or so, Life has been extreemly busy and diet/training have taken a back seat momentarily. Still maintaining - just not doing everything I can to meet my goals, etc.

So anyway, Ive been ramping things back up to where they should be for about 10 days. For the next 2 weeks Im going to be training sans HyperdrolX2 - getting my diet/training back in order before the actual log begins so I can accurately gauge the effects of the supplement.

I want to give Hyperdrol a full opportunity to do its thing - which means diet and training should be optimal. But I dont want a renewed focus on lifting to skew the results either.

First dose of HyperdrolX2 will be on 4/16.

Supplement regimen while on HyperdrolX2 will be:

Multivitamin
Hawthorn Berry
HyperdrolX2

I also take ~1mg of finasteride daily for hairloss issues - I'll be keeping track of HX2's effects on MPB (if any) as well.

Training Protocol:

Day 1 - Chest/Shoulders

Day 2 - Back/Abs

Day 3 - Legs

Day 4 - Arms

Goals: Recomp - maintain current bodyweight while leaning out.

Thanks for reading!
BV

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm on board big time on this one. Good to see you getting back in here more often BigV.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I'm on board big time on this one. Good to see you getting back in here more often BigV.
Thanks bro I appreciate it:) I love this place - just been gettin' my ass kicked for the past few months juggling way too much stuff...

Feels good to be gettin' back on the AM wagon:)

BV

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bro I appreciate it:) I love this place - just been gettin' my ass kicked for the past few months juggling way too much stuff...

Feels good to be gettin' back on the AM wagon:)

BV
Life does that to us sometimes V. Looking forward to the log your going to roll out with HX2.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Im back on Fitday:

FitDay.com - Diet and Fitness journal for BigVrunga

Can't believe ive dropped that ball for so long! I guess one good thing, is that once you track your diet for a couple years you kind instinctively know what to eat and when. Its easy to get off track though...

Im also trying to train as much as I can - some nights I get out of band practice too late to hit the gym,etc. So ill do stuff at home. As long as I can incorprate the 'fill in' workouts with a solid 3-4 days a week at the gym, I should see some solid gains.

Last night's 'fill in'

Supersets:

3 sets of:
Crunches:

Push Up Bars:

Concentration Curl:
55lbs x 10

Not much, but it gets the blood moving anyway:)

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Fitday for 4/4/07:

Last night I trained Chest/Delts:

Cardio 10 min (elliptical)

DB Bench Press:
110s x 5
110s x 5
110s x 5

DB Incline Press
90s x 10
90s x 8
90s x 7

Cable CrossOver:

Arnold Press:
55s x 12
65s x 10
65s x 9

One Arm Lateral Raise
40 x 10
40 x 10
40 x 10

Bent Over Lateral Raise
30s x 10
30s x 10
30s x 10

Strength is down a bit, but not too bad considering my slackitude over the past few months:)

Training delts after chest seems to be working great...I had a bad case of impingement a few years ago that took nearly 2 years to fully recover from, so I treat my delts with kid gloves now. Working them after chest, I can use less weight but still get a great pump, and training that area for hypertrophy is pretty much my only option - If I start pushing bigger weights with any overhead movement and in a few weeks i can feel them starting to come apart. Popping, clicking, etc...anyone whose dealt with it knows how much it sucks :)

BTW - forgot to mention in the 1st post that Im also taking hyaluronic acid as part of my supplement regimen. That and Cissus are like gold for the joints.

BV

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like the wagon is rolling good V. The 6 bromo is probably one of my fav AI's in regards to leaning out and joint friendlyness. Might just be right up your ally.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Trained Back tonight:

Cardio - Glider 10 min

Wide Grip Chins:
12 x 10lbs
10 x 25lbs
10 x 35lbs (shoulder width)
8 x 35lbs (shoulder width)

DB Rows:
100s x 10
110s x 10
110s x 10

Deadlifts
225 x 12
315 x 12
315 x 12
315 x 12

DB Shrugs
110s x 10
120s x 10
120s x 10

Cardio - Bike 10 min

I havent done deadlifts in about 3 months, so I took it easy tonight because I didnt want to blow a gasket or anything like that.:) Strength is coming back fast, workouts feel great. Cant wait to start the HX2:)

BV

Last edited:

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I havent done deadlifts in about 3 months, so I took it easy tonight because I didnt want to blow a gasket or anything like that.:) Strength is coming back fast, workouts feel great. Cant wait to start the HX2:)

BV
I KNEW you were a machine, but gaskets? really?

LOL! :toofunny:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Today's Fitday (It's cheat day)

My gym closes at 7pm and I got caught up doing stuff all day, so I had to move fast -:)

In ~40 min:

Cardio 10 min (glider)

Squats:
225 x 12
315 x 10
315 x 10

Alternating DB Curls:
65s x 10
70s x 5
70s x 4 + 55 x 5 + 35 x 6 (dropset)

Front Squats:
135 x 12
185 x 12
185 x 12

Spider Curls:
85 x 10
85 x 10
85 x 8

STDL's:
225 x 12
225 x 12
225 x 12

Close Grip Bench:
225 x 12
235 x 8
235 x 7

It was like one giant superset bonanza - Squats/Curls, Front Squats/Spider Curls, STDL's/CG Bench and it worked and felt great. Felt like I did 30 minutes of HIIT cardio:)

Notice I missed a training day this week to so I had to try and combine Legs and Arms. Not as effective as it should have been, but better than nothing!

BV

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BV, I can't remember but are you still using longer TUT for your reps?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hell - I thought you were dead, too Big Fella!
Between you and LC - it's like an old fart reunion around here.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Ok, I'm in. Somebody has got to keep an eye on your slackin azz. :D

Straight eye for the queer guy? Lol.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
LIES!!

Goodluck on the log
LMAO - what is this an AM.com reuinion?:D Nice to see you back on the board brutha...

Hell - I thought you were dead, too Big Fella!
Between you and LC - it's like an old fart reunion around here.
I know!! Pretty soon we're gonna start telling shoutbox war stories:)

BV, I can't remember but are you still using longer TUT for your reps?
For some exercises...usually Ill do a heavy compound exercise for the muscle group I'm training and then TUT-ish movements for the isolation exercises that follow.

Seems to work best for me that way.

BV

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
JB is just back because he tried to go straight, but once you taste the Mullet there's no going back.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Fitday for Today:

I totally forgot this past weekend was Easter - didnt even bother keeping track of diet between all the family dinners, etc. I'm not going to say no to my Mom's cooking, and that's that. :D

Last Night's Workout:

Chest (no time for delts)

Cardio - 12 min (Glider)

DB Bench:
110s x 5
110s x 5
110s x 3 + 90s x 4 + 75s x 4 (dropset)

DB Incline:
95s x 5
95s x 5

Dips:
45lbs x 15

Cable Crossovers:

Leg Raise

I was really short on time (again) so I had to do 2 sets for some exercises, and didnt have time for delts. Ill try to make that up today. Strength was OK - I was kinda ill yesterday and didnt get a lot of carbs in, energy was lacking.

BV

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
no one will blame you for eating MOM'S cooking! :thumbsup:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Quick back workout tonight:

Wide Grip Chins

Bent Over Rows
135 x 12
185 x 12
205 x 10
205 x 10
225 x 6

Close Grip PullUps

Tomorrow Im going to try and make up deadlifts and shoulders, then hit Legs on Friday and Arms on Saturday.

BV

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Theres a reason why he's called BIG... V:bb3:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Started the HX2 today!! Ill get some pics up later this week!

Got a good back and delt workout in since I last posted - missed legs (!!!) so Ill have to try to make that up during the week.

Ive also upped my cardio - there's a treadmill here at work Im trying to hit that up a few times a week.

Also, I bought Tom Venuto's 'Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle' ebook a while back and it really helped me stay natural through my cut and still get decent results. He sends out regular emails with workout tips every month or so - and damn if they arent some of the best workouts Ive tried in a while.

The guy certainly seems legit - his schtick is geared toward making money of course but all the advice Ive got from his columns and books, etc has been really good. Just an FYI beatches:)

BV

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Started the HX2 today!! Ill get some pics up later this week!

Got a good back and delt workout in since I last posted - missed legs (!!!) so Ill have to try to make that up during the week.

Ive also upped my cardio - there's a treadmill here at work Im trying to hit that up a few times a week.

Also, I bought Tom Venuto's 'Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle' ebook a while back and it really helped me stay natural through my cut and still get decent results. He sends out regular emails with workout tips every month or so - and damn if they arent some of the best workouts Ive tried in a while.

The guy certainly seems legit - his schtick is geared toward making money of course but all the advice Ive got from his columns and books, etc has been really good. Just an FYI beatches:)

BV
It is def worth EVERY penny! :thumbsup: I've had it for awhile and still have my inspirational quotes hung on my dresser to read EACH day! (it really helps)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It is def worth EVERY penny! I've had it for awhile and still have my inspirational quotes hung on my dresser to read EACH day! (it really helps)
Nice so you know what Im talking about!! I can't wait until he publishes his training book -reading the 'burn the fat' book was one of the best things I ever did for my health and bodybuilding goals. Most of it is a take on old-school 'Arnold' style workouts but sometimes I forget that that's where its at:)

Yesterday marked the 1st day for HX2. Worked chest & tris last night:

DB Incline Bench Press

Set 1
65s x 10 - 75 degrees
10 sec rest
65s x 10 - 45 degrees
10 sec rest
65s x 10 - 25 degrees
10 sec rest
65s x 10 - flat

Set 2
65s x 10 - 75 degrees
10 sec rest
65s x 8 - 45 degrees
10 sec rest
65s x 8 - 25 degrees
10 sec rest
65s x 8 - flat

Set 3
70s x 8 - 75 degrees
10 sec rest
70s x 8 - 45 degrees
10 sec rest
70s x 6 - 25 degrees
10 sec rest
70s x 4 - flat

Standing Cable Crossover

Dips
10 x 45lbs
8 x 90lbs

Rope Pressdown

Notes: This was one of the most intense chest workouts Ive done in a long time. The multiple angles with lighter weight and TUT style form really kicked my ass! My rear delts started flaring up from the high reps, but I found a different angle to push from that doesnt seem to aggevate my sissy-b*tch shoulders as much:)

In retrospect I should have gone a little slower, but overall I got a killer pump and a great workout.

How long do you guys find Hyperdrol takes to 'kick in'? With most anti-e related products it seems like I start seeing positive results in 4-5 days.

BV

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
some were as soon as day 2, others days 3-4........

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Back

Wide Grip Chins
10 x 25lbs
8 x 25 lbs
10 (shoulder width grip)

DB Rows
110s x 10
110s x 10
110s x 10

Deadlfts
225 x 12
315 x 12
315 x 12
355 x 8

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 - off

Day 4 - Legs

Squats

225 x 12
315 x 10
315 x 10
315 x 8
355 x 5

STDL's
225 x 12
225 x 12
225 x 12

Barbell Lunges
95 x 20 (10 each side)
145 x 20
165 x 20

Calf Press

Notes

This is day 4 of the HX2 and I dont think Im feeling much yet. Stregth seems to be up slightly, but Ive also been training harder and eating better over the past few weeks so it's nothing that isnt expected. Normally an anti-E/test booster combo will send my libido through the roof (unless its too much ATD, which tanks it). Not really getting any of that yet.

Workouts are going great though and i have a lot of energy despite a pretty erratic sleep schedule.

BV

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
how much are you weighing, big V?

we may bump you to 5 per day after this week!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
how much are you weighing, big V?

we may bump you to 5 per day after this week!
I'm right about 216 now, BF% = ~11-12ish. Should I move up to 5 caps/day?

BV

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lets wait till you hit day 7 and decide then! cool?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Sounds like a plan!

Well, the HX2 definitely feels like its doing something. I feel/look kinda deflated even though Ive been upping the cals/carbs. Probably a side effect of the drop in estrogen.

Also, Im not really sore at all...even legs or chest. I should at least feel a little stiff (especially after that chest workout).

I dont percieve any effects of elevated androgens yet though, perhaps they'll manifest in the upcoming days.

BV

Ill be hitting up arms/delts tomorrow...

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
if you don't "feel" it tomorrow, lets go ahead and up it to 5! I'll let you be the judge! :thumbsup: PumpingIron did and said that was his magic bullet!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well...this weekend I had several super-vivid sex dreams. That's usually a sign of some hormonal changes. Either that or Im starved for some good lovin':)

Actually this morning I looked in the mirror when I woke up and I looked noticeably more 'pumped' than usual - and I havent trained since Friday.

Training chest tonight, we'll see how it goes!

BV

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Well...this weekend I had several super-vivid sex dreams. That's usually a sign of some hormonal changes. Either that or Im starved for some good lovin':)

BV
You always get those after you see my avatar, remember?

Nice work bro. Keep it up!

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established

Nice work bro. Keep it up!
LOL^^

Dude nice numbers, HDx2 is awesome. I have been logging it at AX and DA and I am about done. Just started hitting it hard again after a long lay-off due to an injury.

Long story short lol my strength has increased at a very fast pace. Kicked in around the 5th day. Good luck!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You know - I never made that connection! Sheeit - why take HX2 when I can just stare wistfully at my man BP for the test boost :D

Dude nice numbers, HDx2 is awesome. I have been logging it at AX and DA and I am about done. Just started hitting it hard again after a long lay-off due to an injury.

Long story short lol my strength has increased at a very fast pace. Kicked in around the 5th day. Good luck!

Thanks bro! Yeah I can definitely feel something going on - looking forward to the gym tonight! Good luck with the recovery - I know what that's like let me tell ya :)

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

Chest

DB Incline Bench Press

Set 1
70s x 8 - 75 degrees
10 sec rest
70s x 6 - 45 degrees
10 sec rest
70s x 6 - 25 degrees
10 sec rest

Set 2
70s x 6 - 75 degrees
10 sec rest
70s x 3(fail) + 70s x 3 - 45 degrees
30 sec rest
70s x 5 - 25 degrees

Set 3
75s x 5 - 75 degrees
10 sec rest
75s x 2 (fail) 75s x 3 - 45 degrees
30 sec rest
75s x 4 - 25 degrees

DB Flat Bench
75s x 10, 75s x 8, 75s x 8

Pec Dec
20, 18, 15

Dips

Its tough to gauge if my strength was up this week. I went up a bit on the weight, but was also lifting rest/pause style and it really took it out of me. I failed 3 times during those incline sets - honest failure too I was pushing as hard as I could and my arms just sank down. When I went to do the dips I could barely move - the week before I still had some energy left.

Im bringing it up to 5 caps a day today - its the 9th day of HX2 and while I do feel the effects of lowered estrogen, I cant say as though I feel the effects of boosted testosterone all that much yet. Libido actually seems to be down - however ATD will do this to me as well if I go over 25mg.

BV

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
this isn't ATD and shouldn't have the poor libido effect.....

def go up to 5!