Kixazz's Aethletic Edge IntaXcell/Steel Edge log

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Hey Everyone....This will be my first log ever. :woohoo:
I have been around here and the BB.com forum for a long time mostly just reading and learning as much as i can, much more than posting.

I have been chosen to test Athletic Edge Nutrition's IntraXcell/Steel Edge combo for 30 days and will be posting my results and feedback daily.

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION

AE Nutrition - Athletic Edge Nutrition, Inc.

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
OVERVIEW: In August I was 190 even with a little more than 5% bodyfat. After the season and taking some time off to finally give my body a rest i fell all the way down to 175 and am now working my way back up. I would say right now I am about 180 probably a little less but will have the exact weight soon. My goal during this log is to over the get back up to 190 and get most if not all of my strength back.

DIET: Umm, I have never been to strict of a dieter, but am going to give it a good shot as I feel it will only help in my goals(clean bulk). I am gonna aim for about 4-5 meals a day. While I am still figuring out the specifics of it, I know that it will encompass most of the following(tweaked a little day in and day out): Oatmeal, Eggs, Chicken, Tuna, Brown Rice, Water....the basics of a good diet i guess you can say. I hope to be more in depth with each daily log as to my diet(but will definately be concentrating more on my lifts and charting them.

LIFT: I am leaning toward more of a Bodybuilding workout with some Olympic/Football Lifts thrown in(4 days a week). I have attached a file which is pretty much what my lift will be. Some reps will change and will switch up an exercise or two week to week. But that is pretty much it. (Please view the attached file).
My cardio will consist of about 30 min a day of Biking, Running, and or Swimming, as well as some football and basketball games thrown in. I'd say my cardio will go about 4 days a week on average, but will taper back if need be as I would like to go for a clean bulk.

SUPPLEMENTS: Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell/SteelEdge, Multi Vitamin(daily), Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey(postworkout and throughout day), and Cytosport Muscle Milk(night and/or morning dpeending on lift and soreness), Glucosamine(daily).

I will have exact weight up Monday and hopefully some pics then as well.
The log will officially begin as soon as I receive the products.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Impressive layout, especially considering this is your first log.

I'll surely be following along.:cool:

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 1

Ok....today is the first day of my log! Took IntraXcell and SteelEdge today preworkout and then SteelEdge postworkout. I expect to be taking SteelEdge 3x a week(M/T/W). I have taken NoXplode and ephedrine before and must say i was impressed with how ready to go i was. I had alot of energy and just wanted to lift set after set in the beginning of my workout.
The pump though was not as noticeable as NoXplode or a stronger NO Product, but today was only chest/tris and i normally dont get the best pumps on a day like today.
I did however on Thursday try just the IntraXcell before my back and bis workout and the vascularity was definately noticable! felt a pump but not strongest ive ever had. I think part of it is that a)just started taking it and b)im still very sore and slowly getting my weights back, so the soreness was more noticeable than the pump.
Also just a quick note....when taking IntraXcell i did feel the tingling feeling...not too strong but definately felt it all over. It wasnt bothersome at all and an effect that I don't feel would bother anyone and definately will not affect your lifts in a negative way.(just in case anyone was worried about it)

Week 1
8 8 6 2 2
Bench 185 185 205 225 225
8 8 6
DB Incline 60 75 80
8 8 8
Fly 35 35 35
8 8 8
Incline Fly 30 30 30
8 8 5
Skull Crushers 95 95 95
Close Grip(EZ) 95 95x5
8 8 8
Pushdowns 60 60 60
Nautilus Pullover 155 155 155

Pushups 3x10

My bench is Very weak right now, I may cybex bench or DB bench tomorrow to really work my chest as i feel very very week flat benching and not too sore right now(well see how i feel tomorrow)...but my incline is coming back pretty well as i was able to jump up very easy and much higher in weights than last week.

All in all, all of my lifts went up from last week and hopefully well see another nice jump next week. I hope to see alot of my weights jump up over the next few weeks as I start getting my strength back to where it was.

Also......I did notice today that along with the energy I had at the beginning of the lift I was pushing alot harder today for the last rep and getting it up a little bit easier. And i would think that the SteelEdge had a part and I am VERY pleased with how ready to go i was!

Overall im very excited....I was impressed with how ready and focused i was to lift, the energy was great. I found myself pushing alot harder and getting the last reps easier than last week. While part of this is just me getting back, I do think that Steel Edge definately helped and was not just as placebo. It was a pretty noticeable difference.
I am anxious to see how the IntraXcell feels when it really starts kicking in.

Sorry if i jumped around a little bit at all. This is my first log so any suggestions, feedback, etc. would be great.

Tomorrow is Back and Bi's. well see how the pump goes tomorrow!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
My bench is Very weak right now, I may cybex bench or DB bench tomorrow to really work my chest as i feel very very week flat benching and not too sore right now(well see how i feel tomorrow)...but my incline is coming back pretty well as i was able to jump up very easy and much higher in weights than last week.

All in all, all of my lifts went up from last week and hopefully well see another nice jump next week. I hope to see alot of my weights jump up over the next few weeks as I start getting my strength back to where it was.

Also......I did notice today that along with the energy I had at the beginning of the lift I was pushing alot harder today for the last rep and getting it up a little bit easier. And i would think that the SteelEdge had a part and I am VERY pleased with how ready to go i was!

Overall im very excited....I was impressed with how ready and focused i was to lift, the energy was great. I found myself pushing alot harder and getting the last reps easier than last week. While part of this is just me getting back, I do think that Steel Edge definately helped and was not just as placebo. It was a pretty noticeable difference.
I am anxious to see how the IntraXcell feels when it really starts kicking in.

Sorry if i jumped around a little bit at all. This is my first log so any suggestions, feedback, etc. would be great.

Tomorrow is Back and Bi's. well see how the pump goes tomorrow!
SteelEdge is designed to meet all of your pre-workout needs and is quite different from other NO/Pre-Workout supplements. It is not packed with arginine/caffeine, which can get the user very pumped and "jacked" for the workout and make them think it is actually doing something. SteelEdge does have arginine and cell volumizers/vasodiolators, but it also gives you:

BCAAs (with a focus on L-Leucine)

L-alpha- glycerylphosphorylcholine (alpha-GPC), Acetyl-L-Carnitine and choline bitartrate.....in reseach supported doses, which give you the "focus" during your workouts.

Also, we put anti-oxidants/electrolytes in SteelEdge to clear free-radicals that are caused by exercise, and help you recover faster.

.....basically, you are right.....SteelEdge is not a placebo :cool:

As for IntraXCell, it will take your workouts to the next level because you will be able to lower rest times and train harder/longer. Stay tuned for weeks 2-3 of IntraXCell. It usually "kicks-in" around that time.

And, your log is looking VERY good. I would never have known that this was your first log. I am impressed, seriously. Keep it up! :head:

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice log, I am confident that you will like the products, This is my second run of steel edge and the first of IntraXcell, I am on the second week of both and am going to wait another week before I post the results, I am way out of the norm because I use supps to help with my work and also my hobby, no gym time due to the high level of work load of both. Have fun.

TiTanUp

TiTanUp

Awards
  • Established
Very nice! Good luck on the log ill be logging and watching as well.

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Thanks for the comments! im off to lift now....will report back in a little while.

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 2

Today was Back and Bis

Again today I had nice jumps in my weights. I was felt focused again and definately had a little more behind me on the last few reps. However my overall energy was lacking but i would attribute that to not so great sleep last night and the fact that i just wanted to fall asleep during work today.(I may consider upping the servings to over 1.5 scoops if i feel tired again and see how much it is able to get me going)

Vascularity was there again. and had decent pump in my lower back and bi's during last few sets, but not very much at all though in the beginning of lift.

Today more than anything i was impressed with my focus throughout my lifts and with my ability to push through the last rep.

5 4 2 1
Hang Clean 185 205 225 225
8 8 8
Lat Pulldown 180 200 210x7
10 8 8 6
DB Row 90 95 100 110
8 8 8
T-Bar Row 135 180 225
8 8 8
Seated Row 130 130 Very Light
Curls DB 30 35 40x6
10 8
Power Shrugs 275 315 405x5

Again today's lifts went very well with nice jumps in everything. My clean went well but my traps were still very sore from last week and i think that hindered me a little with that lift. I cybex benched today also to hit my chest again but didnt go too crazy because tomorrow is shoulders. Also through in some abs and some other lighter things which i didnt record and probably wont record throughout the lifts(just as an fyi).

And finally, I felt the tingling sensation again...not bothersome at all but do feel it. Just going to log this to see how long it takes my body to get accustomed to beta-alanine and not get the sensation anymore.

Tommorow is Shoulders! Will report in again tomorrow.

And again all comments suggestions etc is welcome.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Solid workout :cool:

Hooray for the focus from SteelEdge :cheers:

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 3

Awesome Lift Today. I had a nice pump going through everything and my whole body felt much tighter and just pumped in general.

I was very happy about that...my workout just felt awesome.
I definately had nice energy throughout the whole workout, again not feeling like i was falling off from set to set which is a great feeling.

I am also noticing that its taking right about 25min for both supplements to kick in, on an empty stomach, with the IntraXcell kicking in a little quicker.

So very im pretty impressed.....i felt a nice pump, energy throughout my workouts, and almost feel fuller already(my body is definately tightening up which is nice.) I really wanna see whats gonna happen at the end of the 4 weeks!

Again my shoulder workout was awesome today. Had very nice jumps in weights and starting to feel some of my strength come back.

12 10 8 6 4
DB Press 40(AP) 50 60 70 80
8 8 8
Behind Neck Mil 90 110 130x5
8 8 8
Upright Rows 95 115 135x7
45/35/25 45/35/25 45/35/25
Plate Raise 10 10 13 7 5
8 8 8
Lateral Raise 30 30x6 30x6

10 8 8
Cybex Row (back) 70 70 70

Ok thats it for now. Legs and Bis tomorrow

again...any questions feedback etc. feel free

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Awesome Lift Today. I had a nice pump going through everything and my whole body felt much tighter and just pumped in general.

I definately had nice energy throughout the whole workout, again not feeling like i was falling off from set to set which is a great feeling.

I am also noticing that its taking right about 25min for both supplements to kick in, on an empty stomach, with the IntraXcell kicking in a little quicker.

So very im pretty impressed.....i felt a nice pump, energy throughout my workouts, and almost feel fuller already(my body is definately tightening up which is nice.) I really wanna see whats gonna happen at the end of the 4 weeks!

Again my shoulder workout was awesome today. Had very nice jumps in weights and starting to feel some of my strength come back.

12 10 8 6 4
DB Press 40(AP) 50 60 70 80
8 8 8
Behind Neck Mil 90 110 130x5
8 8 8
Plate Raise 10 10 13 7 5
8 8 8

10 8 8

Ok thats it for now. Legs and Bis tomorrow

again...any questions feedback etc. feel free

Good stuff and very solid logging so far. A couple questions though.

How much SteelEdge are you taking and have you tried the AEN dosage timing tip yet?

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

Great workout :head:

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Good stuff and very solid logging so far. A couple questions though.

How much SteelEdge are you taking and have you tried the AEN dosage timing tip yet?
I took 1 and a half scoops first 2 days, 2 scoops day 3.
During my second week i may up it to 2 and a half to 3 scoops to see how that feels.

And in response to the tip i may have missed that....if you could let me know what it is. Thanks

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Im with Kixazz on this AEN stack! I bought the Steele edge from NP as Darren was really wanting me to try it and once I read this log I went and got the IntraXcell also! Great engery from start to finish, I do 20-30mins cardio warm up before lifting and this stuff kicks and ill be pushing the Xtrainer to the limits! Really great products and I really like the Tingling feeling you get, like a shiver down your spine, its great. I think I will run these products for 2 months b/c Ill be going on a cruise in June. Again Great products AEN, and great Log Kixazz!

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
I took 1 and a half scoops first 2 days, 2 scoops day 3.
During my second week i may up it to 2 and a half to 3 scoops to see how that feels.

And in response to the tip i may have missed that....if you could let me know what it is. Thanks
I don't recommend going over 2 sccops,with 1-1.5 easily being enough for most. What you will usually find is,1-2 sccops is going to maximize the product, with more often giving you worse effects as well as being unessarily costly.

Check the side of the label, where is says AEN dosage timing tip. Basically, drink have your serving PreWO and sip on the other half during. This will not only maximize SteelEdge's effects but often alow you to reduce your dosage. :head:

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Im with Kixazz on this AEN stack! I bought the Steele edge from NP as Darren was really wanting me to try it and once I read this log I went and got the IntraXcell also! Great engery from start to finish, I do 20-30mins cardio warm up before lifting and this stuff kicks and ill be pushing the Xtrainer to the limits! Really great products and I really like the Tingling feeling you get, like a shiver down your spine, its great. I think I will run these products for 2 months b/c Ill be going on a cruise in June. Again Great products AEN, and great Log Kixazz!
O yeah, just wait until weeks 2-3 of your IXL bottle.....your endurance will go up dramatically.

Thanks for the kind words PYUP......and train like a freak until that cruise! :cool:

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 4

Took the day off today. But i felt great all day long. My body still feels really tight fromt this week which is a great feeling. Also i surprisingly have not been feeling as sore as i would have expected.

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 5

Today was Leg's and Bi's.

No steel edge today just IntraXcell. I had a nice lift today nothing great but my leg day is different from most. I had microfracture surgery on my ankle almost exactly a year ago and am still recovering. I really cannot squat heavy nor can I do many leg lifts heavy. Plus due to atrophy while i was on crutches my left leg is about 3/4 the size of my right(i never got the chance to fully rehab due to football).
So my leg day is more of a rehab workout than a heavy workout, just trying to get it back without pushing my ankle too much. It sucks, i know.

However, my Bi's felt great and by the 3rd set i had a nice pump going that lasted the remainder of the workout and is still going now(again not the stringest ive ever felt but def. feels nice).

For the weekend its looking like saturday will just be some cardio and sunday i may do back again. I will report back sunday!

So far so good! hopefully next week well start seeing some nice jumps once again!!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
kixazz hows your endurance so far? Are you monitoring bf, taking measurements or pictures? nice log keep up the good work!!

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Endurance lifting wise is great.... i really feel like im getting through the last reps easier....endurance wise in terms of running im going to start this weekend

Bf im not nmonitoring and pics i am hoping to take tomorrow because im having trouble getting a didgital camera

but i saw a freind today that i havent seen since last week who said i looked a little bigger so that was a nice compliment already
I will let you know as soon as i got some taken and then post up before and after pictures.

ill have my weight this weekend....on Wednesday i was up a pound maybe a little more from last Thursday

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
How much vascularity have you noticed? I have not been in the gym for 4 days now due to being sick from the dramatic weather changes:sick: . I have still been taking intraXcell 2x a day and Im getting good pumps at work moving heavy stuff around and my veins are becoming more noticeable! This sux I hate being sick, I want to be in the gym but I know it will make me worse!!!:rant:

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
How much vascularity have you noticed? I have not been in the gym for 4 days now due to being sick from the dramatic weather changes:sick: . I have still been taking intraXcell 2x a day and Im getting good pumps at work moving heavy stuff around and my veins are becoming more noticeable! This sux I hate being sick, I want to be in the gym but I know it will make me worse!!!:rant:
I have actually noticed a nice increase in vascularity....more than the pumps. From the first day you could just see that i was alot more vascular than i was when not on it.
The pumps im getting arent the strongest but i do feel them. And my body as a whole just feels really tight which is a great feeling.

Just curious....have you ever taken any NO products before?

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Not yet, Never tried them and whats funny is I went to NP to get a NO product and darren was really wanting me to try out Steele Edge so after talking about what I was trying to accomplish this fit more of the bill then anything else! Also Happy that I read this post and an grabbed the IntraXcell too as they had just got it in stock! I cant wait to get back in the gym and hit it hard as hell to see my veins grow!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Not yet, Never tried them and whats funny is I went to NP to get a NO product and darren was really wanting me to try out Steele Edge so after talking about what I was trying to accomplish this fit more of the bill then anything else! Also Happy that I read this post and an grabbed the IntraXcell too as they had just got it in stock! I cant wait to get back in the gym and hit it hard as hell to see my veins grow!

Sounds awesome!

:head:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Things look great in here Kix seems like you are experiencing a lot of our usual benefits :)

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 8: Chest and Tri's

Today's workout was awesome.....probably the best i've had so far with the stack. The pump today was great and lasted the whole workout and beyond....felt it really well in my arms.
All my lifts went up.....i benched without warming up but still managed to do pretty well(went heavier this week but less reps).

I definately feel bigger right now and can see it in the mirror. I will try to get pics im struggling to get a camera.

My weight today pre workout was 184 and post was 186. So my weight seems to be coming back quicker than my strength(which i hope at the end of this will at least be somewhat close to what ive done before), but i am very happy to see it go up week to week. I also think that my weight is all good weight...im eating as good as i can right now....2 cans of tuna everyday for lunch on wraps....chicken breasts and some form of rice/pasta for dinner....rice cakes with peanut butter throughout the day....eggs for bfast....i usually eat like crap(and really dont gain any fat at all) so im encourgaed by teh fact that ive been keeping to a pretty decent diet and would like to see how much it helps........im also going to try to make it better by spreading meals out but thats still a work in progress as im still adjust to working 9-5....

8 6 4 1 1
Bench 185 205 225 245 255
8 8 5
DB Incline 70 80 90
8 8 8
Fly 35 35 40
8 8 8
Incline Fly 30 30 35
8 8 5
Skull Crushers 85 95 105x4
Close Grip(EZ) 85 95x5 105x5
Burnout
Pushdowns 130x8/120x8/110x7/110x7/90x7/80x6
Seates Dips 35x5(w/ ball) 35x6(w/ball) 35x10(w/o ball)

Again awesome workout today. Loved the pump that i felt and loved pushing up more weight!
Tomorrow is back and bis!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Glad you had such a great workout! :cool:

Awesome log so far :clean:

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 9: Back and Bi's

First of all, the pump in my lower back by the end of this workout was incredible. My lower back was hurting on the ride home, but i enjoyed it :afro:

I didn't feel a crazy pump in my bi's but i did little of them and just killed my back today.
The concentration that i feel when i lift is awesome. Its not like crazy jump around energy but i just want to get under the weights and lift. And once im done i just want to go again. I definately like that aspect of this product, and it seems like after reading the summaries of everyone else's logs this has been a recurring theme.

5 4 2.5 1
Hang Clean 205 205 215 225
8 7 6
Lat Pulldown 190 210 210
10 8 7 6
DB Row 95 100 105 110
8 8 6 4
DB curls 135 40 45 50
8 8 8
Power Shrugs 315 405x7 495x4
ss. T Bar row 135 180 225

I felt great lifting today...stronger and just wanted to keep doing more. I ended up Super-setting alot of things today as well as cybex benched again.

The pump in my back lasted a good hour, hour and a half after the lift.

More than anything right now my concentration and my push when lifting are showing a great difference!

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 10: rest

I was going to do shoulders today but decided to take the day off today to rest. I havent gone to sleep before 1130 this week and still adjusting to working 9-5, it is killing me. So i decided to take the day off and just do some abs pushups.

I will note today though: i feel big. My chest feels huge today. My back feels tight and my traps feel huge today. Its a great feeling. :cheers:

Tomorrow is shoulders. And I am definately looking foward to it and seeing how well i can push myself.

Will report back tom.

Oh yea....again my weight yesterday was right around 185. Its good to see that goin up! and i feel like im Leaning out too which is really good(not puttin on any bad lbs).

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Very solid back/bicep workout KA :thumbsup:

I also noticed a "leaner," look when I started IntraXCell.....good thing you are too :cheers:

Hope you got some quality rest!

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 11: Shoulders

Again todays workout was awesome. All my weights went up.

I know that it says to take steel edge on an empty stomach but i always eat a little something. The first day as well as today i took it with a completely empty stomach(i was hungry and probably couldve ate a decent amount of food) and i REALLY feel this kick in. I feel like i have more energy when i take it on a completeley empty stomach like almost jittery. I actually like the feeling because i really want to get under the weights and just lift. And again, the thing that i really like is the concentration, i am really into it when i am lifting...much more than not taking it.

The pump today as felt really good...i felt it in my 3rd set of the day which was nice as i love the "pump" feeling

As for my workout:

12 10 8 6 4
DB Press 45(AP) 65 75 85 0
8 8 8
Behind Neck Mil 110 130x6 130x5
8 8 8
Plate Raise 10 10 10
8 8 8
DB Shrugs 80 80 80
10 8 8
reverse flys 115 130x7 130x5

I really pushed myself today but unfortunately i think im still breaking off scar tissue from tearing my labrum and dislocating my shoulder in the fall. So thats not the most comefortable feeling but im fighting through it.

Im really impressed so far. You can really see me getting bigger and getting more definition in my arms

Im impressed enough that i just bought another bottle of IntraXcell :cheers: I am really encouraged and after reading everyone's logs it just seems like the right thing to do to get the absolute most out of it. And if i can get the funds I will be purchasing another SteelEdge and a third bottle of Intraxcell! We shall see

Tomorrow is legs(rehab stuff) and i will be hitting my Bi's hard as i really dont do much during Back and Bi's day.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again todays workout was awesome. All my weights went up.

I know that it says to take steel edge on an empty stomach but i always eat a little something. The first day as well as today i took it with a completely empty stomach(i was hungry and probably couldve ate a decent amount of food) and i REALLY feel this kick in. I feel like i have more energy when i take it on a completeley empty stomach like almost jittery. I actually like the feeling because i really want to get under the weights and just lift. And again, the thing that i really like is the concentration, i am really into it when i am lifting...much more than not taking it.

The pump today as felt really good...i felt it in my 3rd set of the day which was nice as i love the "pump" feeling

As for my workout:

12 10 8 6 4
DB Press 45(AP) 65 75 85 0
8 8 8
Behind Neck Mil 110 130x6 130x5
8 8 8
Plate Raise 10 10 10
8 8 8
DB Shrugs 80 80 80
10 8 8
reverse flys 115 130x7 130x5

I really pushed myself today but unfortunately i think im still breaking off scar tissue from tearing my labrum and dislocating my shoulder in the fall. So thats not the most comefortable feeling but im fighting through it.

Im really impressed so far. You can really see me getting bigger and getting more definition in my arms

Im impressed enough that i just bought another bottle of IntraXcell :cheers: I am really encouraged and after reading everyone's logs it just seems like the right thing to do to get the absolute most out of it. And if i can get the funds I will be purchasing another SteelEdge and a third bottle of Intraxcell! We shall see

Tomorrow is legs(rehab stuff) and i will be hitting my Bi's hard as i really dont do much during Back and Bi's day.
Life is good when things work out. The confidence goes up when the looks improve, and seems like you are lucky enough to benefit from more IXL and SE in the future than originally planned...this is the part where you just sit back and enjoy the PR's + physique improvements. :cheers:

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Yea...ive been trying to get back to where i was coming into camp for football in august since i had lost just about 15lbs and needless to say my strength was completely gone(and i was putting up very decent numbers for my size)

im almost half way to my goal weight of 190....hovering around 184-185 and i can tell you it is not bad weight(I really feel much leaner than i had)
My strength is definately not there but it is coming back in greater strides than i expected it too...and i am really finding myself able to push more and more without to much of a problem

I am definately liking this so far and I hope that my gains will only improve as the IXL starts to really kick in...

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Nice job KA :cool: You will be VERY glad that you bought that second bottle of IntraXCell. :head:

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Yea...ive been trying to get back to where i was coming into camp for football in august since i had lost just about 15lbs and needless to say my strength was completely gone(and i was putting up very decent numbers for my size)

im almost half way to my goal weight of 190....hovering around 184-185 and i can tell you it is not bad weight(I really feel much leaner than i had)
My strength is definately not there but it is coming back in greater strides than i expected it too...and i am really finding myself able to push more and more without to much of a problem

I am definately liking this so far and I hope that my gains will only improve as the IXL starts to really kick in...
They certainly will, the second two weeks bring about a big jump in performance gains over the first two weeks.

Been enjoying your log so far, thank you for the consistent updates. :)

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 13: Bi's/Abs/Legs

Today i guess you could say was a "beach workout"...Bi's and Abs and a little bit of legs as my ankle has not been feeling so great

For the workout, I didn ot log my weights today as I will not normally do such a lift and just wanted to get something in on Saturday.

The pump in my Biceps was nice again not the best, but nice. The vascularity was definately noticeable as i had a nice vein going through my bicep today...I find this a little wierd that I am having very good vascularity but not a crazy pump.

IN terms of weights i definately felt like i was going my full reps without a problem at all and i was definately happy with that even if it was just bi's and abs

I then went and ran around for a little while as I played some football. Felt like i was in decent shape and i really running wise have been slacking.

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 15: Back/Bi's

Today was Back and Bi's. Alot more Back today though(particularly lower back) and later in the week(possibly even tomorrow i may do some lifts to concentrate on my upper back and biceps as i did not hit them as much)

As for the lift....I had an incredible pump in my lower back(it almost hurt at one point). For whatever reason, I could not clean 225 and rather just repped 215(pretty easily too, i do not know why 225 didnt wanna get up today). All over my other lifts felt great. I really tried to kill myself at the end with very very short breaks and supersetting, and i was still managing to get the reps I wanted pretty well.
After throwing a football around on Saturday and lifting today the back of my shoulder is really hurting(which sux) but im going through. I am going to start incorporating some rehab things daily to see if I can get it any better. But other than just being bothersome It only affected my DB rows a little when i was really letting the weight hang.

5 4 3 3
Hang Clean 205 215 215 215
8 7 7
Lat Pulldown 200 210 210
10 8 7 8
DB Row 100 105 110 110
8 8 6 4
DB curls 40 40 45 50
10 10 10
DB Shrugs 85 85 85
T Bar row 180 225x6 225x6

Lower Back Extensions w/35lb 3 sets of 10

So far so good. If there is one thing that maybe I'd like more of, and this can't even really be a knock on this at all because it is not a NO product, but I would love a little more ALA to get a much nicer/better pump. I love the feeling and it would only make this better if there was a little more. Not sure if the cost of doing so would be justified? (any feedback to this, just wondering)
I do though feel a pump when a lift, but not nearly as strong as with true NO products(I usually get a really strong back pump regardless, so while i do feel it a little stronger the ALA, it is not only factor behind it).

Ok thats it for now.
Chest and Tris tomorrow and i am really hoping to see some nice lifts during tomorrow's workout!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was Back and Bi's. Alot more Back today though(particularly lower back) and later in the week(possibly even tomorrow i may do some lifts to concentrate on my upper back and biceps as i did not hit them as much)

As for the lift....I had an incredible pump in my lower back(it almost hurt at one point). For whatever reason, I could not clean 225 and rather just repped 215(pretty easily too, i do not know why 225 didnt wanna get up today). All over my other lifts felt great. I really tried to kill myself at the end with very very short breaks and supersetting, and i was still managing to get the reps I wanted pretty well.
After throwing a football around on Saturday and lifting today the back of my shoulder is really hurting(which sux) but im going through. I am going to start incorporating some rehab things daily to see if I can get it any better. But other than just being bothersome It only affected my DB rows a little when i was really letting the weight hang.

5 4 3 3
Hang Clean 205 215 215 215
8 7 7
Lat Pulldown 200 210 210
10 8 7 8
DB Row 100 105 110 110
8 8 6 4
DB curls 40 40 45 50
10 10 10
DB Shrugs 85 85 85
T Bar row 180 225x6 225x6

Lower Back Extensions w/35lb 3 sets of 10

So far so good. If there is one thing that maybe I'd like more of, and this can't even really be a knock on this at all because it is not a NO product, but I would love a little more ALA to get a much nicer/better pump. I love the feeling and it would only make this better if there was a little more. Not sure if the cost of doing so would be justified? (any feedback to this, just wondering)
I do though feel a pump when a lift, but not nearly as strong as with true NO products(I usually get a really strong back pump regardless, so while i do feel it a little stronger the ALA, it is not only factor behind it).

Ok thats it for now.
Chest and Tris tomorrow and i am really hoping to see some nice lifts during tomorrow's workout!
Love some honest feedback! At least you are expericing the most important benefit...strength :-D Anyways...you are pretty damn strong for you weight..or maybe I'm weak. I'm only repping 225 for maybe 3-5 and I'm 180lbs. :think: Goooood stuff man, keep it up!

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Love some honest feedback! At least you are expericing the most important benefit...strength :-D Anyways...you are pretty damn strong for you weight..or maybe I'm weak. I'm only repping 225 for maybe 3-5 and I'm 180lbs. :think: Goooood stuff man, keep it up!
Thank Alot! I am actually pretty strong for my weight. Ive been lifting probably 7 or 8 years. Once i got to college I started lifting with my friend who was a TE and forced me to lift the weights he did. I got pretty big, and really really strong(alot stronger than i looked). At my best I weighed just under 190 with between 5-6% bf and i was benching 300x2 for my max.
I would love to get back to that and that is my goal by some time in the summer/end of summer.

Just curious though....any AEN reps....was there any thought to adding more ALA for a bigger pump? Or was that not really an aim for this product at all? (just would like to see the thought process when it comes to creating a supplement specifically IntraXcell)

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Just curious though....any AEN reps....was there any thought to adding more ALA for a bigger pump? Or was that not really an aim for this product at all? (just would like to see the thought process when it comes to creating a supplement specifically IntraXcell)
We have put the ALA in there as a potent anti-oxidant. Beta-Alanine increases carnosine and carnosine is a powerful precursor in generating nitric oxide synthase (NOS). NOS are a group of enzymes necessary for making the powerful vasodilator nitric oxide.

BA does not produce the "pump," that high doses of arginine does, but many users still report getting a good pump during their workout. SteelEdge + IntraXCell will give you a very good pump though. :head:

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Here is why ALA and the other ingredients of IntraXCell were added. :)

Q: How does the rest of IntraXCell’s formula fit in with Beta-Alanine?

IntraXCell is more than just a carnosine booster designed to increase strength, lean muscle and endurance. IntraXCell also contains ingredients that work synergistically with each other and with carnosine. These ingredients act as direct precursors to the powerful antioxidant, glutathione.

1. N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) - increases glutathione levels inside the cell which is a power antioxidant that fights cellular fatigue. Interestingly Beta-Alanine has now been shown to increase the synthesis of glutathione by increasing the availability of its precursor cysteine. Beta-Alanine and NAC work perfectly together.

2.Vitamin E – Vitamin E has been shown to increase carnosine levels more than carnosine alone. Carnosine has been shown to increases Vitamin E antioxidant ability. These two operate hand in hand.

3. Alpha-Lipoic-Acid – Finalizing this HIGHLY synergistic formula, alpha-lipoic-acid is utilized as a highly versatile antioxidant that boosts other antioxidants like Vitamin E and Glutathione.

These three ingredients combined with Beta-Alanine make IntraXCell an extremely powerful and versatile weapon in your quest for greater strength, lean muscle mass and super-charged endurance.

Here is how IntraXCell effects pumps:

Immediate benefits: Many users experience intense vasodilatation/pumps from the very first time they take their first does of IntraXCell. The reason this occurs is because Beta-Alanine increases carnosine and carnosine is a powerful precursor in generating nitric oxide synthase (NOS). NOS are a group of enzymes necessary for making the powerful vasodilator nitric oxide. Take IntraXCell with SteelEdge prior to exercise and let us know your experience. We are confident that you will be very pleased pumps/vasodilatation from your very first workout.

Personally, I get WAY more pumped from IntraXCell, than ANY Arginine based so called pump product. NAC also potentiates the pump of NO. Having said that, you could certainly add more ALA if you so choose. Just be aware when taking ALA PreWO as it get many people hypoglycemic PreWO, not exactly what you want. :)

BTW, are you taking IXL PreWO on training days? :head:

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Personally, I get WAY more pumped from IntraXCell, than ANY Arginine based so called pump product. NAC also potentiates the pump of NO. Having said that, you could certainly add more ALA if you so choose. Just be aware when taking ALA PreWO as it get many people hypoglycemic PreWO, not exactly what you want. :)

BTW, are you taking IXL PreWO on training days? :head:
Yup, im taking IXL and SteelEdge 30min before i lift. 3 IXL and then 1 and a half scoops SteelEdge.

And I am definately getting the vascularity and a pump, which until yesterday wasnt crazy.
Hopefully ill have a repeat tonight.

My lift yesterday was AWESOME.:woohoo:
I benched and it was just so much easier. All my weights jumped and i really felt it so much more than the previous two weeks. And all day today i just felt it in my chest and back from monday. But ill have the write up later once i get home from work and back from the gym. Shoulders today....

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup, im taking IXL and SteelEdge 30min before i lift. 3 IXL and then 1 and a half scoops SteelEdge.

And I am definately getting the vascularity and a pump, which until yesterday wasnt crazy.
Hopefully ill have a repeat tonight.

My lift yesterday was AWESOME.:woohoo:
I benched and it was just so much easier. All my weights jumped and i really felt it so much more than the previous two weeks. And all day today i just felt it in my chest and back from monday. But ill have the write up later once i get home from work and back from the gym. Shoulders today....
Great to hear you are finally getting some of the more intense pumps ;) The IXL pre workout WITH the SE is definitely a 1 - 2 combo imo. Good stuff Kix keep it up bro!

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
Day 16: Chest

This lift was AWESOME. The weights just went up so much easier than last week. My bench finally got a nice improvement, and getting the full reps was not much of a problem at all. It felt awesome. And i definately felt a pump thorughout my chest and then all day long today. My concentration was there set after set. It really was an awesome lift.

Week 1
8 8 6 3
Bench 185 205 225 245 265x.5
8 8 6 2
DB Incline 80 85 90 95
8 8 6
Fly 35 40 40
8 8 6
Incline Fly 30 35 35
15 12 13
Dips 35 35 35

I didnt get to Tris today but i will get them on shoulders or legs day. But this was just an awesome lift.

And I am noticeably bigger. I wish i had a camera, but after my gf lost mine a few months ago i have yet to get one. I will still try to get some taken and hopefully there will be a difference from day 16 to day 30?

But there is a noticeable difference. I just look bigger right now and it feels awesome. :head: I am definately liking this!
I am hoping that the pump i got during this lift will continue cause i loved it!

My weight right now is 185lbs which is encouraging. And as i mentioned in a previous log, I am feeling very lean, much leaner than when i started this.

:dance: Will report back tomorrow!

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Damn dude! Keep it up and youll def be at your goal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kixazz2529 Supplement Logs 0