Iron's Hyperdrol X-2 log...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Whats up fellas?

First and foremost, I want to thank Mace and all the guys over at Anabolic Xtreme for letting me beta test the new Hyperdrol. I personally never tried the first but I recently had the pleasure of having a bottle of MassFX and I had some great results with it. I'm hoping for more of the same with HDx2.

I will be following the recommended dosing @ 4/day for 30 days. By the way, red pills and pretty damn cool. I'll be dosing at 6am, 11am, 4pm and 9pm, if anyone cares to know.

Alongside of the HDx2 I will be taking StimX, CEE, BCAAs, Whey Iso, Casein Whey, a Multi, Fish Oil, Glucosamine.

My normal workout split is currently a 2 x 1 split:
1. Legs, Lower Back, Abs, Calves
2. Chest, Tris, Abs, Calves
3. OFF
4. Back, Bis, Abs, Calves
5. Delts, Traps, Forearms, Abs, Calves
6. OFF
repeat
I utilize a lot of drop sets and pyramid sets...I usually do 1-2 mass building exercises for each muscle group, followed by 2-4 isometric exercises.

A typical day for my diet is:
1. 6 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1 cup rolled oats
2. 2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 banana
3. 6 oz. tuna (1 can), 1 cup rolled oats
4. 3 scoops whey, 1 apple (I like gala and granny smith)
5. 8-10oz chicken breast, 1 cup steamed veggies
6. 1 scoop casein w/ 10oz skim milk, 1oz almonds, 1 cup fat free cottage cheese.
*I'll eat some of Nutra/AI's cookie mix or some beef jerky or a salt free rice cake with natural peanut butter if I am extra hungry, as a snack.

Some basic number I put up in the gym are:
(some of the aren't maxes, just final sets)
Bench...295 x 2
Inc Bench...235 x 4
Leg Press...990 x 8 (can't squat yet)
SLDL...275 x 8
Weighted Dips...Me+115 x 6
Shrugs...405 x 8
Military DB Press...90 x 6
Lat Pulldowns...240(or maybe the one after 240?) x 8
**I don't squat or do regular deadlifts so this is the best I got.

Right now my stats are:
5'11"
201.4(but I will update this in the morning and I am guessing the 199 range)
about 9% BF, as an estimate, but you can judge by the pics.

My goals are to basically hit 205 at the same bodyfat I am now. So that basically means gaining 5 lbs in 30 days. It is possible, but hard, so lets see if HDx2 is up to the challenge, shall we.

I am going to begin dosing tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is an off day for me, but I will update tomorrow night anyways, just cuz I can.

Feel free to rag on me cuz of the pics below. And drop any questions you may have, or if you want any other types of shots let me know. The only ****ty thing is I can't get a good back shot cuz my damn digi doesn't have a timer.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

Last edited:
thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Lookin' great. Good luck, PI.

I'm subbed...looks like a great log!

Very curious on HDx2

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Pumping Looking diced BRO!!

Good luck with the log!! and HX2 i will be following very close!!

Remember this fall IT'S GOIN DOWN!!!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Update after day 1...

Like I said it was an off day, so the fun will begin tomorrow...

Back and Bis...

On another note, I decided to quite dipping, cold turkey. I bought a bunch of hard candy (sugar free), some crest vivid white and some crest white strips...I figure if you're gonna do it, do it right.

Wish me luck with this...I'm gonna need it.

I'll update again after the gym tomorrow.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
HAHA Maybe i will!! I would be at the lower end which is not really where i want to be how about we just will our classes and meet in the overall haha!!!

Good Luck with HX2 and cutting the DIP out!!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so the woman sitting in the cube next to me is eating some General Tso's for lunch. I've been pretty damn good for a while now...what do you think? Give in and order chinese for dinner or stick with the chicken breast and steamed veggies I was planning on?

DecaDone

DecaDone

Awards
Okay, so the woman sitting in the cube next to me is eating some General Tso's for lunch. I've been pretty damn good for a while now...what do you think? Give in and order chinese for dinner or stick with the chicken breast and steamed veggies I was planning on?
hahah..I have the same problem with Chinese food. You have to give in and cheat once and a while.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
True, I just don't want to end up looking like you.

The good thing about chinese is that it's a real hassle. The only really good place in take out only and theres a ton of traffic to get there. Plus I barely ever carry cash with me so I would have to hit up an ATM, which is out of the way....

But I can still smell the damn chicken!!!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
So yea, I gave in. It was well worth it. But just so everyone knows, this isn't normal for me. I'm personally blaming it on the lack of nicotine.

As for the gym, I got a great pump today. But only my second day on HDx2? I don't believe it could be the HD, could it? I haven't had a pump like this in a while...

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Maybe it was the General giving you that pump!! HAHA

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Probably was....

So the scale today said 204.4....what the hell is that about. I need to get some consistency here...Don't worry, I'll be sticking to this diet for a few weeks before I cheat again...maybe the last day of this log? who knows...?

On another note, I can already tell that the HDx2 is bumping up my natural test production big time. I have gotten some acne already. To me, this is not really a horrible thing. True, no one like having pimples, but I take it as my body telling me that test levels are high. It always happens with me. I'll be clear when they are normal, but when they start creeping up, I start to get acne. After a week or so it always subsides, as my body gets used to the higher levels, but, all in all, it's a good sign of thigns to come.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
acne already? THATS PHENOMENAL!

i can't wait to stack this with FX! :head:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
It happens everytime I take something new that actually boosts my natural levels...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Day 6...

I apologize for slacking on the log. This got pretty busy for me recently. Plus I had an interview out in Princeton yesteday so I just haven't had enough time to myself.

I've been eating good. I have decided to up meal # 4 and adding another 3 oz of tuna to the current meal.

My scale read 203.8 last night.

I look good, about the same, but a little more vascular. Very slight change though.

I did manage to put up 315x1 on bench yesterday though. I haven't been able to that since last summer.

Saturday my leg press was 1000x6 for the last set. Seems like I am getting a big stronger already and am putting on a bit more weight.

I am getting a little more acne than I would like, but this could also be because I have been extra tired after the gym recently ad slacked on hopping in the shower right away. Always a must when you have sensitive skin like me. I'll keep ya'll updated on this. To tell if in fact it is the shower factor or the uped T levels causing it, my guess is both.

The only thing that I have noticed is increased tiredness. Not so much lethergy becuase I'm not irritated or groggy, I just think that quality of sleep has gone down. I find myself taking naps after the gym and needing an extra cup of tea during the day.

Mace, I'm hopping over to the ax forums and am going to post this up. Sorry about the delay, life just catches up sometimes, ya know?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Also, a little later in the year, or maybe during pct for my mid summer cycle i'm planning, I really want to run an HDx2/Mfx stack...

Mace, you can hook that up right? haha...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
One more thing I would like to note. In case people are actually interested...

My workouts and off days are a little skewed this week due to my interview, putting the bimmer in the shop friday and easter on sunday...The past few days and up to monday will look/have looked, like this...

Thursday...Back/Bis
Friday...Delts/traps/Forearms
Saturday...Legs/L.Back
Sunday...OFF
Monday...Chest/Tris
Tuesday(today)...Back/Bis
Wednesday...Delts/Traps
Friday...OFF
Satuday...Legs/L.Back
Sunday...OFF and FEASTING!!!

Monday on I will continue with the above routine...Chest/tris, tuesday off and then back to 2/1...

I'm also trying to come up with a variance for the little PP 3 weeker I am going to do after this...maybe 4on/1 off or even 3on/1off...I just want to get the most out of what I'm taking and mix things up a bit for fun...But that's down the road...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
In actually having a few minutes to myself I wanted to post some sample workouts...

I figure getting into an argument about me overtraining could be fun.

Keep in mind that I have definately cut the amount of sets and exercises I used to do...

Legs/L.Back/Calves/Abs
Leg Press
8x630, 8x720, 8x810, 8x900, 6x1000
Calf Raises on ^
10x1000, 10x900, 10x810, 8x720, 8x630
SLDL
185x8, 215x8, 275x8
Hack Squat
405x8, 8, 8
Good Mornings
155x8, 175x8, 185x8
Swiss ball crunches
Leg Ext
180x8, 210x8, 240x8
Leg Curl
Same as above

Chest/Tri/Abs/Calves
Flat Bench
185x8, 245x8, 285x4, 315x1, immediately 225x4
Incline Bench
155x8, 185x8, 235x8, immediately 175x8
Flat Flys
50x8, 60x8, 70x6
Incline Flys
50x8, 60x8, 70x6
Decline Flys
70x8, 80x8, 90x8
Seated calf raises (one leg)
90x8, 90x8, 135x8, 135x8
Weighted Dips
70x8, 90x8, 135x8, immediately bodyweight to exauhstion
Kickbacks
30x8, 35x8, 40x8
Press Downs (1 pulley)
Not sure of the weights...
Ultimate Decline Crunches

Back/Bis/Abs/Calves
Lat Pulldown
180x8, 210x8, 240x6, imediatley 165x6
Cable Row
Same as above
Iso Cable Pulldown
110(ea.)x8, 130x8, 150x8
DB Rows
100x8, 8, 8
Calf Machine
Bottom three x 8, 8, 8
Preacher Curl
95x8, 115x8, 135x6
Concentration Curl (Pyramid)
30x8, 35x8, 40x8, 35x8, 30x8
Hammer Curl
55x8, 60x8, 65x8
Hanging Leg Raises (straight, hold final for 5 secs)

Delts/Traps/Forearms/Abs/Calves
DB Military Press
75x8, 85x8, 90x6, imediately 50 til failure
Rear Lateral Raise
30x8, 35x8, 40x8
Side Lateral Raise
Same as above
Front Lateral Raise
35x8, 40x8, 45x8
Seated Calf raises (pyramid)
180x8, 225x8, 270x8, 225x8, 180x8
Shrugs
225x8, 275x8, 315x8, 365x8, 405x8
Forearm Curls (on preacher w/ ez bar)
*I do front and regular in sucsession without rest.
65/75x8, 8, 8, 8
V-sit up on bench
20, 20, 20, 20
Upright row (smith machine)
125x8, 145x8, 155x8
*Sometimes I cut this out if I'm too tired.

Okay...who wants some? :duel:

:icon_lol:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
wow it's kind of disconcerting that no one wants to argue with me about overtraining...dammit.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
well.........

you kinda set yourself up by ASKING for it.......

why do i want to fight a winless fight? ;)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I always am the one guy on this side of the fence when it comes to this...oh well, you're probably right...

and how is it a winless fight? i was honestly just looking for some opinions...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Quick update today...day 8...

I seem to be holding a little extra water in my stomach and obliques the past day or so...not sure if this is due to a lack of water during the way or what. I'm driving over an hour each way to work right now so I am trying to cut down consumption a little. I'll be be able to tell better over the next few days cuz i don't have to make the drive until next tuesday!!!

The only other thing I really have to say is that I am getting some discomfort in my joints. Not pain, but more of a tenderness...mostly my knees and my wrists...

Anyone want to chime in on this one?

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i'm trying to get you an answer, pump............

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
appreciate it...does it dry out joints at all?

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
shouldn't.........

but could be low estrogen issues, so if it continues, you could drop down to 3 per day and see how that goes..

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
dropping down doses doesn't seem like something I would really want to do...if it gets worse I'll think about it.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
i was going to say since it lowers estro it might dry the joints a little but since you say you seem watery that might not be the case!
Very interested Pump let us know how what you find out over the next couple of days!!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Iron it looks like you have quite a few shakes in your diet, and I was wondering what you mix them with; skim, whole milk, or water?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I mix the casien with skim...the rest with water.

I just came on to glance at a few threads. I'll update this tonight with some good stuff once I get home tonight.

Happy Easter!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Alright cool, I really like the simplicity of your diet. It looks like it would be relatively easy to stick too. Thanks for the quick response.

As you can see I am new here and I look forward to learning as much as possible.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Alright cool, I really like the simplicity of your diet. It looks like it would be relatively easy to stick too. Thanks for the quick response.

As you can see I am new here and I look forward to learning as much as possible.
a lot of people say that. it is nice and simple...easy to take to work and to the rents place or wherever...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Day 13...

So I feel like I need to comment on this weekend. I cannot go to my parents house, especially when the sister is home as well, without getting hounded to eat something good. I ended up giving into lasaugna on saturday night and ham/augratin potatoes/other things and desert on sunday for easter.

Other then those two I stuck to the rest of the diet plan.

I also want to go back to my original weight becuase I never posted what the 199 I got the next morning. Which is my true starting weight. As of today I am sitting around 203.8. I am sure atleast half a pound of that will go away in a day or two though.

I am still holding a bit more water. My strength is still increasing. I haven't been able to get a decent night sleep this weekend until last night (which was only 7 hrs because entourgage premiered), so this could play into my holding water.

I will get good sleep tonight. I will do cable rows over 240lbs today and I will do lat pulldowns over 240 today. I am going to the gym a little late today though because I need to pick my car up from the shop because I finally got my brakes done...

After that I'll have a good idea of how much money I can spend at nutra this month. Probably won't be much more than a 10lbs bag of whey, a 4lbs jug of casien and a kilo of bcaas...I'm thinking of trying out trueprotein this time, maybe though...not sure yet.

Will update tomorrow, hopefully.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
2 weeks in...

Just about at the halfway point...

I had a great workout yesterday. Strength is still increasing, as I jumped up to 255 for cable rows and lat pulldowns...the last time I was this strong was on a SD cycle, so i'm impressed in that regard.

As far as asthetics go, I am still holding that water. No biggy though. If it is the HDx2 I will drop it a week or so after I get done...

Also, an update as far as my joints are concerned...I did Back and Bis yesterday and with heavy preachers I had no discomfort in my wrists. I definately expected some. So maybe I wasn't getting enough rest. But I will keep this log updated if it changes.

Weight today was 202.8 (just like i thought it would be).

Oh and I'm looking for a new job, so anyone in the greater philly area in the banking/lending/finance profession want to hire me, let me know...haha... I don't think the interview last week panned out but it was quite a competitive position that I don't think I was quite enthusiatic enough about...Oh well, I'll find something...

Until next time...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Day 16...

Quick update...the scale read 199 this morning. I don't see how. My weight fluctuates like crazy...

I am a bit moody. A lot more confidence recently as well. I am summing this one up to the increase in test.

Acne is beginning to clear a bit. It wasn't too bad to begin with but it seems like my body is getting used to the higher test levels.

On another note. I think I might need to play with my diet a bit more. Any suggestions on how to increase cals, where to do it and which macros need to be adjusted? I'm thinking a bigger meal 1, 3 and maybe 4...But I really don't have the time to play with it.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
post your diet up again and lets see what we an do!