Steveo's Axis Labs SMASH Log

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steveo's Axis Labs SMASH Log (sponsored)

This intro is to be edited/glorified in full beauty in time to come, but I just wanted to start logging it for you guys so here's a quick intro.

SMASH® Pre-Workout: Pump – Strength - Endurance – Energy
Axis Labs: SMASH Pre-Workout - 495G

Background:
This is the first Pre-Workout supplement I’ll be taking steadily (only sampled Purple Wrath). I’ve been working out for a few years, sometimes it got forgotten about due to sports teams/ being on vacation all summer, and I really started taking my workouts seriously starting this year. I won’t be posting a daily food log of what I’ve eaten, although I record it all so if anybody is really curious for some odd reason, PM me and I can send it to you. The reason I’m not including it is because I’m on a all-you-can eat meal plan here at University, and it is basically a buffet of items at every meal- getting the macros straight is a nightmare.

Also SMASH contains CEE, and I haven't regularly dosed on creatine, so there should be some good gains from that.

Current Supplements: SMASH, ON whey PWO, Fish Oil Caps, Ground Flaxseed, Calcium, Vit C, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, Garlic, Vit. E, Green Tea Extract and Multi vitamin.

How to read my workouts: I put the weight in lbs first, then I put the reps (duh lol). Brackets means I took a brief pause, maybe 5s and then how many more reps I did. A + sign means I lowered the weight and did a few more reps.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

Mon Mar 26th

So on a Monday morning I finally get to start this log; Initial review of SMASH
Mixability- 10/10 . I tossed a scoop into 16oz of water, and closed the container and looked back and it was settling in, a few swirls and it was dissolved. Quite impressed, next to no foam on top/sides.
Taste 9/10 - I never give 10’s for taste because there’s always something better, but this tasted great just like a fruit juice; definitely looking forward to drinking it again and again.

Strength/Endurance: As for a Pump, it was a Monday morning so I didn’t get much of a pump because I was a bit tired; only noticed the pump during the leg press (the weight stack felt light as a feather and I bumped it up from last week) but not too much of a chest pump. Endurance was quite good today, will see if this keeps up every day.

Workout: Chest/Arms with Quads

(142) Barbell Flat Bench 115x7(1),5(2),5(2),5(2),4(1)

Leg Press 374x9,9,8 394x8,9 -- Lower Abs 10,10,9,9

DB Decline 45x8,8,7,4.5 ---- Deadlift 135; 8,8,7(2),6(3)

Leg Ext 130x7,7,8,7 --- Shoulder Press 174x8,6.5,7,6+2

DB Fly 25x8,8,8,7 + Fly 99x6 +3 Start 10:40 End 11:45

PWO- 1 Scoop Gatorade Powder + 1 Scoop ON Rocky Road

Cooldown: 11 min elliptical, 200 cal , 1.09 mi.

with medium sized meal 40 mins after.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2

Tues March 27th

Well wow I’ve been doing a fairly similar routine for the past 3 weeks and have had no DOMS, but after yesterday’s workout I’m feeling it today. I take it as a sign that I pushed myself pretty hard yesterday. Definitely feeling it in the legs today.

Took SMASH same way as yesterday, a bit frothy today because I mixed it up 2 hours before and was walking around with it, but still tastes great. In the gym today I really noticed the pump. My endurance was quite boosted considering how poorly I slept last night. I managed to get in an extra 2 exercises before my arms started getting fatigued, and managed to bump up most of my weights. The pump today was also huge; after doing some DB Rows I just stood looking in the mirror wondering why I was looking so ape-ish with my arms today lol.
Endurance/Strength was 10/10 today.

(142) BB Row 95; 6,6,7,7 -- Back Extension 10,10,10,12

DB Delts - 25x8,7,7,7 ----- BB Shrugs 135x8,8(2),7(2),8(2)
Low Row 90x8,8(20 + 100x7(2),7+3 --- Assisted Dips 20; 10,10,9,9

Calf Raises 110x8,9,10,10, 90x15 --- BB Rows 50x7,8,9,8

T-Bar Pulldown- 110x8,7,8,6(2) Skullcrush 50x7,6,4, 45x8

PreWO 10:35 Start: 11:10 End 12:20
Cooldown: 8 mins rowing.
PWO Shake- 3/4c. milk, 3/4 scoop Gatorade, 3/4 Scoop ON ( 1/4 leaked here lol)
Meal 35 mins after

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
SteveO!!

Sorry I am here so late buddy. Looks like you are really enjoying SMASH.

Love the detail here. Very descriptive in your exercises and such.

Make sure you keep those cals high and I think you will do very well.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks awesome buddy!

Will be following along, appreciate you doing the log for us at Axis Labs, it is much appreciated.

Thanks bro.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 3- ------ Off day
Took SMASH on empty stomach before lunch, and ended up doing 17 mins of HIIT but nothing to report, except being thirsty from the creatine.
Had quite a good HIIT stair session, not sure if it was from the extra ATP for the spring sets or not. Will do HIIT again on Sunday and compare.

DAY 4- CHEST/LEGS
Today the SMASH gave me a crazy energy boost. I didn’t even realize how pumped up I was until I was about to walk into the gym and I was randomly whistling my favourite Christmas tune lol. Gotta love that caffeine. Had some good sets in for the chest today, but looking at my log seems like I could pushed harder to match Monday’s workout. Overall good pump today , with medium endurance. Seeing some gains , especially in the flat bench. My next chest day is Monday after a good 3 days rest; should be some further gains.

As for recovery/soreness, there has been none except for on that fist day which is great. I haven’t been experiencing DOMS or other soreness with my current PWO-nutrition regime / stretch and cooldown so all is going well.

Workout:
Flat BB Bench- 115; 8,7(1),6(2),5(4),4(2)--- DB Obliques 50;8,8,10,10
Leg Press 394;9,8,8,9 ---- Captain Chair; 12,12,9,8
DB Incline 45;10,9,6
DB Decline 45; 7,6(1),5(2) ---- Deadlift 135x8,8,6(3),7(3)
DB Fly 25x8,8,8, Machine 100x10,7 Leg Ext 130; 4x8
Machine Shoulder 174; 7,7+3

8:40 Pre-WO= 0.5 cups steelcut oats + 3/4scoop ON + Flax + 3 EW + Apple
11:00 - SMASH . Workout 11:30-12:50 followed immediately by
PWO Shake ( 2/3c. milk, 1 scoop gatorade + 1 scoop ON).
Solid meal 45 mins after.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
DAY 3- ------ Off day
Took SMASH on empty stomach before lunch, and ended up doing 17 mins of HIIT but nothing to report, except being thirsty from the creatine.
Had quite a good HIIT stair session, not sure if it was from the extra ATP for the spring sets or not. Will do HIIT again on Sunday and compare.

DAY 4- CHEST/LEGS
Today the SMASH gave me a crazy energy boost. I didn’t even realize how pumped up I was until I was about to walk into the gym and I was randomly whistling my favourite Christmas tune lol. Gotta love that caffeine. Had some good sets in for the chest today, but looking at my log seems like I could pushed harder to match Monday’s workout. Overall good pump today , with medium endurance. Seeing some gains , especially in the flat bench. My next chest day is Monday after a good 3 days rest; should be some further gains.

As for recovery/soreness, there has been none except for on that fist day which is great. I haven’t been experiencing DOMS or other soreness with my current PWO-nutrition regime / stretch and cooldown so all is going well.

Workout:
Flat BB Bench- 115; 8,7(1),6(2),5(4),4(2)--- DB Obliques 50;8,8,10,10
Leg Press 394;9,8,8,9 ---- Captain Chair; 12,12,9,8
DB Incline 45;10,9,6
DB Decline 45; 7,6(1),5(2) ---- Deadlift 135x8,8,6(3),7(3)
DB Fly 25x8,8,8, Machine 100x10,7 Leg Ext 130; 4x8
Machine Shoulder 174; 7,7+3

8:40 Pre-WO= 0.5 cups steelcut oats + 3/4scoop ON + Flax + 3 EW + Apple
11:00 - SMASH . Workout 11:30-12:50 followed immediately by
PWO Shake ( 2/3c. milk, 1 scoop gatorade + 1 scoop ON).
Solid meal 45 mins after.
Steve-O!! (man I am gonna love saying that!)

Lookin good man, keep those gains coming. Keep those cals up!!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very nice workout on Day 4.

Looks solid bro, keep up the great work, the log looks awesome.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 5- Arms/Back Day

Had my typical breakfast at 8:45- 1/2cup steelcut oats, ½ scoop ON whey, 1.5 apples and a tbsp ground flaxseed. Took my SMASH at 10:10 and hit the weights at 10:45 , with my PWO Shake (1 Scoop ON, 1 Scoop Gatorade) at 11:40.

Didn’t find I had much endurance today, nor was there any real pump. My body just wasn’t feeling the effects of SMASH today I guess. Didn't even do my usual 10 exercises. The concentration and energy boost just didn't hit me, just one of those off days I guess.

Workout:
Chinups 6+3, Assisted Chin 20lbs; 8,7(2),6+3
BB Rows 95x7,6,7,7 ---- Back Extension 10,12,12,12
BB Trap 135x8,145x10,10,9 --- Delt Side Plate Raises 10lb; 10,8,8,8
DB Row 55; 8,8,8 ---- Biceps Preacher 45; 6,7,6

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 6 – Beautiful rest day.
On a side note, I understand why blackjack calls it a cocktail now. This time when I mixed it up it took me a good 10 minutes to down it because I kept slowly sipping it; the taste is great guys.

-----DAY 7--------- HIIT Stair Sprints

Took SMASH 30 mins before my HIIT stairs sprints.
I go up 7 flights then a light jog down, and did this for 25 minutes. (It might not sound fun, but time flies when you got your iPod Video and TV shows on it like I do lol).
I was doing this after just having fruits and a shake for a light breakfast, so was a bit worried about glycogen/bonking but it went very well. Had tons of endurance for my sprints. Overall a great HIIT set, the creatine I think helps with the sprints.
Afterwards I noticed some soreness, but that was probably from me rushing off to grab breakfast and not getting a good stretch / cooldown in. I just got to be careful that I don't get into overtraining; going to up the amount of whey I got for more BCAA/Glutamine, and I also got some bulk glutamine coming on Tues.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 8- CHEST/LEGS
Today I decided to switch it up a bit and took SMASH only 20 minutes before hitting the weights, and I found myself with a great pump today. My stomach sort of felt a bit unsettled especially after my leg press, but I’m going to try experimenting a bit more with when I take the SMASH. Also I tried mixing it with about 350 mL ( 10oz? ) and had a bit of trouble dissolving the last little bit, so it looks like you need 12oz+ of liquid for good mixage.

Endurance today was awesome today. On some sets I will have done 4 sets of 8, and then come through with a 5th set feeling liking the rest were just warmup sets. I was worried about my leg press because I don’t think I got enough carbs to refill my legs after yesterday’s HIIT but had a good workout nonetheless. I even bumped it up 25 lbs, and went up to 50’s on the decline DB. Overall awesome workout today.

I’m liking doing this log because I was wondering why I didn’t manage to do 4x8 of deadlift but realized I had kicked up the weight by 10 lbs and my back was still a bit sore from yesterday.

Workout:
BB Bench; 115x8,8,8,6(2),7(2) -- DB Lats 55;8,4x10
Leg Press 394; 8,8 420; 9,9
DB Decline 50; 6,6,5(1),5(1) --- BB Deadlift 145; 8,8,6(3),7(3)
Iso Leg Extension 130; 4x8 --- Shoulder Press 174x8, 184x9,7.5,8

Pre-WO 8:45 = 0.5 cups steelcut oats + 0.6 scoop ON Whey + Flax + Apple
SMASH at 10:50 . Workout 11:10-12:30 , PWO at 12:30 = Scoop ON Whey + Scoop Gatorade + Solid meal 45 mins after.

I think I know what you mean about keeping up the cals blackjack, my pre-WO eating doesn’t seem to be that high. Macros look like:
½ cup Steel Cut Oats = 12p/54c/5f . 280 cal, Apple 0/15c/0 55 cal. ON = 15p/1.5c/0.5f 72 cal. + Maybe 50 cal from flax... not all that much. It’s just hard because I have class usually for 2-3 hours straight and then I want to hit the gym right away aAnd I don’t want to eat too close to my workout.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Great stuff man!

Looks like you are really enjoying your SMASHing workouts!

Yeh, endurance is huge on this stuff from what I have noticed. I'm glad you have been pleased with it.

Remember if you have any questions about anything let us know!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 9-- ARMS/BACK (Tues Apr. 3)

Not a bad day in the gym, with decent strength and endurance. After 9 days on SMASH now it’s hard to remember what my fatigue was like for workouts before I took it, but I think I’ve been experiencing extra endurance and a bit of extra pump for these last 9 days or so. Going to keep pushing up the weights, everything is coming along nicely.

My workouts used to be about 50 minutes or so, but now I find myself doing 75 minutes every workout and wanting to do more, but I’ve signed up for the damn cardio machine and don’t want to lose my spot or no cooldown for me

Workout:

Leg Curl 90; 4x8 --------- Low Row, 80x8, 110x7(2),7(2),6(1),8(1)
BB Traps 135x10, 155x8,8,7(3)8 --- Back Ext- 15,12,15,10
DB Row 55; 4x8 -------- Seated Calf Raise 130x8,8,7(3),7(4)
Iso Lat Pulldown- 110x9, 125x7(2),5(3),8+5 -------Assisted Dips 20; 10,10,8(2)
Rear Fly- 90x8,8,8+4 ------- Biceps 40; 8,8

DAY 10 - OFF DAY

Took the SMASH like usual. This time I noticed I had some stuff at the bottom of my cup. It seems like you really need the 16oz and to let it sit for a litte bit for full mixage.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking good man, glad to hear your endurance is up.

Keep up the great log bro!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 10 - OFF DAY

Took the SMASH like usual. This time I noticed I had some stuff at the bottom of my cup. It seems like you really need the 16oz and to let it sit for a litte bit for full mixage.

DAY 11 - CHEST/ LEGS

Wow the SMASH foamed up on me today, had 16 oz water and 4 oz fizz for some reason, but it settled down after a while to almost nothing. During my workout I had a great caffeine rush randomly halfway through while doing my deadlifts lol. Was really pumped for the lifts. Awesome day for shoulders as well. Definitely liking SMASH. This is going to get my hooked of Pre-WO Supp's lol. And once again the 75 minutes flew by and I was thinking about doing some more chest exercises but didn't want to workout for too long.

Workout (75 mins)

BB Bench 135; 4x(8) ------- DB Oblique 55; 4x10
Leg Press 380x8, 420x8,9,8(3) ---- Cap'n Chair 14,12,12,13
DB Decline 55; 7, 5.5, 6(1), (6) ---- Deadlift 155; 7, 6(2), 7(2), 6(3)
Leg Ext 130; 4x8 ------ Shoulder Press 198x8,7,7+1
Low Row 110; 7, 6+3 100x6(3) --- Pec Fly 90x8,8,6+2

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Making some great progress! Have you noticed anything with your bowel movements? Lately I have been having the squirts! I think it may be the CEE, not sure.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very nice workout bro, keep the up the great hard work.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 12- HIIT Stairs. Took SMASH 30 minutes before my stair sprints. Didn’t notice any pump effects or anything out of the ordinary as compared to HIIT.

DAY 13 - ARMS/Back (Sat April 7th)
Again had some mixing issues with the SMASH. It’s almost always the same routine; Add 16 oz water to my Nalgene, add 1 scoop, swirl and let sit. Had no trouble getting it to dissolve last week like this but today there was some clumps on the bottom. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

Really enjoying the boosted endurance, before I would notice that my 3rd Lat/back exercise would be quite weak after doing 2 others (i.e. Lat Pulldowns after say dumbbell rows and low-rows) but doing 3 in a row is quite doable now with no intensity drop. I think its the Citrulline Malata helping me on that, but the creatine has got to be helping too. Also my lats were still a bit sore from finishing Thursday’s workout with the low rows, but managed to still have a good workout. Wasn’t too focused today, and I was finding that I could have pushed a few more sets out but just didn’t do it.

Starting to notice a bit of DOMS the next morning that I didn't feel last week with almost identical training/eating habits. Not sure why, but I'll try upping my intake a bit.

Workout (70 mins)
Low Row 110; 7,7(2),7(2), 6(3) --- Leg Curl 100x7,4(2),8,7+2
BB Traps 155; 4x10 ---- DB Delt Raises 12; 4x8
Deadlift 155; 8,8,6(3),5(4) -- DB Row 55; 4x8
Dips 9,8,6.5, 20lbs x9 ----- Iso-Lat Pulldown 110x8, 121x8,5(3), 8+5
Bicep & Tris- 45x7,7,6

Day 14 - Off (and it’s Easter lol )
Got my kilo of gluatmine. Going to be taking ~2g at waking, pre-WO and before bed I think. Also got 2 tubs of Allmax Allwhey and damn their vanilla blows ON's out of the water lol.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Making some great progress! Have you noticed anything with your bowel movements? Lately I have been having the squirts! I think it may be the CEE, not sure.
Nothing unusual, until that one night I ate a bad egg lol and wow did that suck. I find myself very often thirsty, and yet still needing to a piss. I've been drinking a ton of water too, just always thirsty. Could be there a bit too much salt in my diet from the cc/tuna/lunch meats. (i think lunch meats are salty, not positive. i know they have nitrates or the like)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
--------------DAY 15- --------- CHEST/LEGS

Today I wasn’t feeling it at all and it was definitely due to not eating enough yesterday. Woke up starving this morning, had run out of Cottage Cheese and just had a few egg whites and tuna but it didn’t cut it.

Started off with the bench and I couldn’t match my workout from last week let alone bump it up any. Leg press I really pushed myself and managed to match last weeks, but overall not a good workout. I could tell I really pushed myself on the leg press because the leg extension were feeling hard with no uppage on the weight.

As for mixing up my SMASH this time I gave it some good swirls with a spoon just in a large cup with 16oz and no problems or foam whatsoever. And still that beautiful taste , mmm lol.
It also took me 50 mins from when I took my SMASH until I finally made it to the gym, perhaps the effects were already wearing off during my workout, I'm not sure how long it takes for the effects to peak.

Workout: (65 mins)
BB Bench 135; 8,8,7,6 w/ help ---- DB Laterals 60; 4x10
Leg Press 420; 4x10 ------- Captain Chair 12,15,14,12
DB Decline 50; 7,8,7,6(1),5(1) Calves(Slow) 110; 11,12,10,11,10
Leg Ext 130x9,10,9,8(2) --- Shoulder Press 200x8,6+2,8,6+2
25 Mins cooldown on elliptical

DAY 16 - Rest day

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SMASH usually starts hitting me within 15 minutes, and lasting about another 45 minutes. But that is just me.

Sorry to hear you didn't have a very good workout today.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 17- BACK

Was doing my back workout today and had great endurance during my deadlifts. I was feeling for doing 7 sets and probably could have pushed out more reps for each set but my grip just couldn’t keep up. I think the citrulline Malate is helping with my endurance, recovery between sets has been great. Not too much of a noticeable pump but I was pretty focused today.

I tried sipping some whey isolate + water during my workout and then having a large meal 30 minutes afterwards, but this definitely didn’t work for me. Was quite sore the next morning (probably from no cooldown and lack of carbs immediately after my WO, i usually take some Gatorade with my shake).
Workout:

Low Row 110x8, 120x6(2),6(3), 110x6(2) --- Ab work
BB Traps 155; 4x10 --- Deadlift 155; 8, 6(2), 6(2), 5+3,7,7,5
DB Row 55;8,8,8,8
T-Bar Pulldown 120x8,5,8 6+3 --- Skullcrush 50x8,8,8,6

DAY 18 - HIIT Stairs
Just some HIIT stair work. Nothing to mention here.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear you had a great focus. Very nice job on the updating of the log, it is very much appreciated.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 19 - CHEST/LEGS Friday April 13

So I knew I wanted to hit the gym right after writing my exam today, so after finishing I chugged my SMASH and went over to the gym. I started with bench was decent but nothing special. Then after about 20 minutes after having taken the pre-WO, I was hit by the massive caffeine rush from smash. Put it a few good sets for leg press and shoulders considering I hadn’t eaten in 4 hours. The caffeine rush was weird because I was so tired I was yawning but still wired lol.

DAY 20- REST/HIIT Stairs

Nothing to comment amount here, still loving the SMASH cocktail taste lol.

DAY 21- BACK/ARMS

Starting to lose my steam on these workouts. Been getting some really poor sleep and just haven’t had the focus in the gym from focusing on my exams and studying. Not a bad workout today, but it’s definitely not one of my better days. Will update this with the workouts #s in a little bit.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 22- REST/ HIIT Stairs

It’s fun doing stairs on a caffeine rush. That is all :djparty:

DAY 23- CHEST/ARMS

Well exam fatigue is really getting to me and my workouts are proof of it. Today I didn’t even get hit with the caffeine rush I was so tired. Pretty poor endurance and strength today, but it was all to do with my physical fatigue. Got a few more exams left , but I think I have enough SMASH left to last me until about Friday or Saturday. Taking it every day with a full scoop and it’s disappearing quite fast! Not going to post my workout #s from today because they’re not reflective of a decent workout.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you felt it work better and better the longer your on it? I certaintly have.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Log is looking awesome man, keep up the great work.

Let me know if you have any questions.