Poseidon/first impressions

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well like many of you Im burning my candle at both ends.Im away from home 70-80hrs/wk,I work all 3 shifts every wk,I have a wife(wonderful I might add),16 month old son (the cutest I might add),2 yr old overly energetic boxer and a home to manage.Not to mention roaming the boards and trying to remain coherent enough to give more good advice than bad.:D Since Im not an insomniac like many this runs a fellow down quite quickly.

Yesterday I got my Poseidon but I held off taking it til my stomach was empty and the inevitable happened/I took a nap.
So upon waking I took 1 scoop of Poseidon and with in 15 minutes I started to come out of my FOG (this usually lasts for an hr after any duration of sleep) so right away I knew it was doing something positive!I also took 1 serving PWO and felt less fatigued than usual and felt refreshed very very quickly!So now I know its no placebo!

I was slightly disapointed to only get warm and not flushed but thats just because Im strange like that.Luckily this morning I took 1 serving upon waking and YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!
I was not only flushed but I felt like I had a fullbody sunburn!!! Now that makes me smile :) Sleep was also good and Im more relaxed without being tired.

Im very pleased with it and will continue to take Poseidon.Ill report new benefits as I take notice.So I have to say great work on an awesome product: one that will become a staple of mine and the official verdict is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great work Nimbus!!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great feedback as always MM. I'm glad to see it's earned your stamp of approval and look forward to seeing how it treats you with that hectic schedule.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Not sure where I would post this but figured this was as good of a place as any.

I'm very sensitive to Niacin and have been getting flushed every time (except the very first time which was only 4 days ago) I take Poseidon which is annoying and I have had to cut down on the dosage to keep the sensation bearable. Wonder if there's anything I can take to slightly counter this effect so I can take normal dosage levels?

-Blesum

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Well like many of you Im burning my candle at both ends.Im away from home 70-80hrs/wk,I work all 3 shifts every wk,I have a wife(wonderful I might add),16 month old son (the cutest I might add),2 yr old overly energetic boxer and a home to manage.Not to mention roaming the boards and trying to remain coherent enough to give more good advice than bad.:D Since Im not an insomniac like many this runs a fellow down quite quickly.

Yesterday I got my Poseidon but I held off taking it til my stomach was empty and the inevitable happened/I took a nap.
So upon waking I took 1 scoop of Poseidon and with in 15 minutes I started to come out of my FOG (this usually lasts for an hr after any duration of sleep) so right away I knew it was doing something positive!I also took 1 serving PWO and felt less fatigued than usual and felt refreshed very very quickly!So now I know its no placebo!

I was slightly disapointed to only get warm and not flushed but thats just because Im strange like that.Luckily this morning I took 1 serving upon waking and YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!
I was not only flushed but I felt like I had a fullbody sunburn!!! Now that makes me smile :) Sleep was also good and Im more relaxed without being tired.

Im very pleased with it and will continue to take Poseidon.Ill report new benefits as I take notice.So I have to say great work on an awesome product: one that will become a staple of mine and the official verdict is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great work Nimbus!!!
Thanks for your feedback and kind words mmowry! Its so rewarding, and humbling, to hear others get such great results. I look forward to your thoughts on Poseidon once you've had the chance to stay on it a few weeks. It should only get better from here! :thumbsup:

God bless my friend,

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Not sure where I would post this but figured this was as good of a place as any.

I'm very sensitive to Niacin and have been getting flushed every time (except the very first time which was only 4 days ago) I take Poseidon which is annoying and I have had to cut down on the dosage to keep the sensation bearable. Wonder if there's anything I can take to slightly counter this effect so I can take normal dosage levels?

-Blesum
Thanks for your question Blesum,

How much water are you drinking with Poseidon? Be sure and drink AT LEAST 10 oz of water with EACH SERVING. Basically, the more water you drink, the less flush you should experience. Also, try sipping on it rather than consuming it all at once.

Your body will become accustom to it over time, as Poseidon works it's magic and begins to revitalize and detoxify your system. ;)

Can you elaborate more on how your dosing protocol looks?

Workin

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im looking forward to my Poseidon journey my friend.Now if I can just get the Mrs on this. :)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Im looking forward to my Poseidon journey my friend.Now if I can just get the Mrs on this. :)
I know what you mean...It took some convincing, but I finally got my Mother and girlfriend on Poseidon a few weeks ago. ;)

If she does decide to try it, I would recommend starting her off with half servings so you can assess her tolerance of niacin. I eased both my "women" on Poseidon this way. They are taking full servings now and loving the results. :)

Workin

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ill certainly cut the serving size way back to start.Heck I even open up caps and split the dose for her.She is my polar opposite.

ME = go big or go home mega dosing is your friend

Her = slow and steady wins the race

We complement each other nicely or is it we counteract each other nicely.:D

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Thanks for your question Blesum,

How much water are you drinking with Poseidon? Be sure and drink AT LEAST 10 oz of water with EACH SERVING.

Can you elaborate more on how your dosing protocol looks?

Workin

I was taking one scoop with 36 oz of water (and 5g of EAA, 1g of Creatine HCI, green tea extract and 1g Citrulline Malate within about 10 minutes in the late morning after a couple of breakfasts. Mild flush and tingling, mostly just on my back, a bit on the arms, face and scalp. Enough for my students to notice and comment on.

I then drink another 36-72oz of straight up water over the next 4 hours.

Then before my work out, I drink the same combo again minus the green tea. Creatine and citrulline malate is upped to 2-3 g each in about 24 g of water. The main difference is that my stomach is more empty at this time since it's usually been 2-4 hours since I ate.

During the workout, same combo again but with 1/2 as much Poseidon because I'd already be itching and flushed as heck, the green tea and 2g of L-leucine is added in and the citrulline malate/creatine HCI is dropped to 1g.

Post-workout, 50g whey, 4g of creatine, 5g of L-leucine along with raw old fashioned oatmeal and a banana.

This morning I decided to do my traps and cardio on an empty stomach - Took the usual pre-workout shake and ended up red, flushed and itchy as heck since this was the very first thing in the morning without any food. Unpleasant for me.

-Blesum

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Ill certainly cut the serving size way back to start.Heck I even open up caps and split the dose for her.She is my polar opposite.

ME = go big or go home mega dosing is your friend

Her = slow and steady wins the race

We complement each other nicely or is it we counteract each other nicely.:D
You just summed up my girlfriend and I. We use the terms "complement" and "counteract" very loosely depending on what time of the month it is! lol!

I must say, I'm blessed to have her. :)

Workin

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just ordered poseidon, guess im following in mmowry,s footsteps as im on 4th day of epi.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
just ordered poseidon, guess im following in mmowry,s footsteps as im on 4th day of epi.
Thanks for your purchase BigT. :)

I look forward to your feedback as well!

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was taking one scoop with 36 oz of water (and 5g of EAA, 1g of Creatine HCI, green tea extract and 1g Citrulline Malate within about 10 minutes in the late morning after a couple of breakfasts. Mild flush and tingling, mostly just on my back, a bit on the arms, face and scalp. Enough for my students to notice and comment on.

I then drink another 36-72oz of straight up water over the next 4 hours.

Then before my work out, I drink the same combo again minus the green tea. Creatine and citrulline malate is upped to 2-3 g each in about 24 g of water. The main difference is that my stomach is more empty at this time since it's usually been 2-4 hours since I ate.

During the workout, same combo again but with 1/2 as much Poseidon because I'd already be itching and flushed as heck, the green tea and 2g of L-leucine is added in and the citrulline malate/creatine HCI is dropped to 1g.

Post-workout, 50g whey, 4g of creatine, 5g of L-leucine along with raw old fashioned oatmeal and a banana.

This morning I decided to do my traps and cardio on an empty stomach - Took the usual pre-workout shake and ended up red, flushed and itchy as heck since this was the very first thing in the morning without any food. Unpleasant for me.

-Blesum
Sounds like you are indeed a sensitive niacin responder.
Couple of things you can do is either cut the dosage down per serving and just drink more through out the day(should lessen the flush a little bit). You could also mix it with a protein shake or some other light drink to quelch the burn. Also taking an aspirin with niacin has been used to negate the flush effects of niacin in a lot of people.

Try some of these things out and see if that helps Blesum.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are indeed a sensitive niacin responder.
Couple of things you can do is either cut the dosage down per serving and just drink more through out the day(should lessen the flush a little bit). You could also mix it with a protein shake or some other light drink to quelch the burn. Also taking an aspirin with niacin has been used to negate the flush effects of niacin in a lot of people.

Try some of these things out and see if that helps Blesum.
Agreed. Also, as I stated above, your body will get more and more acclimated to it, it just takes time. IMO, you are most likely benefiting greatly in ways that are not yet apparent from Poseidon and the Niacin in particular.

Here is a link to some information on the Niacin Flush so you can understand a bit better what your body is going through:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nimbus-nutrition/60204-niacin-flush-detoxification.html

I hope this helps. Please keep us updated.

Workin

PS: Sorry to hijack your thread mmowry!

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I feel left out, like I'm the only one not using Poseidon.:sad:

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well from a previous post SS sounds like you got your peptides so now I feel left out!:aargh:

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This mornings observations.When Im experiencing the FLUSH even the vessels in my eyes dialate.

Went into Sheetz and I think everyone thought that I was stoned or hung over.I looked horrible beet red with bloodshot eyes.

Ive been sober for 4+yrs and it amazes me that I could have walked around like this daily and and think "Nobody even knows how stoned I am." :fool2:

Feeling good and refreshed and I even got my wife to take a 1/4 serving last evening.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SS when are you going to start your run and are you going to do a log?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
This mornings observations.When Im experiencing the FLUSH even the vessels in my eyes dialate.

Went into Sheetz and I think everyone thought that I was stoned or hung over.I looked horrible beet red with bloodshot eyes.

Ive been sober for 4+yrs and it amazes me that I could have walked around like this daily and and think "Nobody even knows how stoned I am." :fool2:

Feeling good and refreshed and I even got my wife to take a 1/4 serving last evening.
Great to hear!

I'll be interested to see how your wife responds. :)

Congratulations on over 4 years of sobriety...that is something that I'm sure your proud of and should be applauded! :clap2:

Workin

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great to hear!

I'll be interested to see how your wife responds. :)

Congratulations on over 4 years of sobriety...that is something that I'm sure your proud of and should be applauded! :clap2:

Workin
Thanks Workin! Ive been seeking the Lord for 12 but it took alot longer to clean me up than I thought it would.LOL I used to be a take 2 steps forward and 1 step back kind of guy but Im much more disciplined and mature now then I was just 5 yrs ago!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Workin! Ive been seeking the Lord for 12 but it took alot longer to clean me up than I thought it would.LOL I used to be a take 2 steps forward and 1 step back kind of guy but Im much more disciplined and mature now then I was just 5 yrs ago!
Oh how I can relate to that my friend!

Workin

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
SS when are you going to start your run and are you going to do a log?
I'll start later this week, maybe Thursday or Friday. Log for sure, complete with pics, here and other boards.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep me in the loop SS I want to follow your log. Ill be doing the same hopefully in 2-3wks myself. fingers crossed

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Workin
Yeah we all have areas in our lives that are difficult to get liberty in .Its just that so few actualy face these hinderances and seek to defeat them instead of being defeated by them.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Workin
Yeah we all have areas in our lives that are difficult to get liberty in .Its just that so few actualy face these hinderances and seek to defeat them instead of being defeated by them.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't agree more.

Workin

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BTW my wife wasnt feeling well when I got home yesterday and she looked awful.I had her take 1/4 serving and she was looking and feeling better (not perfect but better) shortly after and we had a VERY nice evening!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
BTW my wife wasnt feeling well when I got home yesterday and she looked awful.I had her take 1/4 serving and she was looking and feeling better (not perfect but better) shortly after and we had a VERY nice evening!
Great to hear! We may use this to inspire our next advertising campagin...well, I should say our first, lol!

"POSEIDON, bringing families together!"

What do your think? A bit melodramatic perhaps... :toofunny:

Workin

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good.Im not much for the melodramatic but at times my wife is :D

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We'll where shooting for sponorship of the official on-set drink of choice for Grey's Anatomy. Now that's melodramatic:D

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Still feeling alert and less fatigued.Ive noticed that my constant nasal drip is greatly decreased if not totaly supressed for hours after supplementation of Poseidon.And my nasal passages seem to open significantly.(Ive had consistent nasal problems since I smashed my nose FLAT 20 yrs ago.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Still feeling alert and less fatigued.Ive noticed that my constant nasal drip is greatly decreased if not totaly supressed for hours after supplementation of Poseidon.And my nasal passages seem to open significantly.(Ive had consistent nasal problems since I smashed my nose FLAT 20 yrs ago.
Great feedback! Thanks mmowry! :)

Workin

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Your welcome and Im still getting the FLUSH me likes! :D

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The flushes can be fun sometimes can't mm. Great feedback man, glad it's kicking for ya.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alright Heres another new observation.I woke up with the makings of a head ache and quickly downed 2 Tylenol.That was 4hrs ago and it was still lingering.30min ago I took my Poseidon and to my surprise my head ache is gone.now Im not sure if this is due to the fact that Poseidon helps my sinuses,helps my body to process things more efficiently or if its just another awesome attribute to Poseidon.But nonetheless Im headache free and just in time as Im getting ready to train in 20min.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clear head, clear thoughts, more mind to muscle. That's a great benefit to hear you getting mm, go tear the wgts up man.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Great work Nimbus!!!
Good feedback!

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
great feedback mmowry....im sold man...haha...

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Alright Heres another new observation.I woke up with the makings of a head ache and quickly downed 2 Tylenol.That was 4hrs ago and it was still lingering.30min ago I took my Poseidon and to my surprise my head ache is gone.now Im not sure if this is due to the fact that Poseidon helps my sinuses,helps my body to process things more efficiently or if its just another awesome attribute to Poseidon.But nonetheless Im headache free and just in time as Im getting ready to train in 20min.
:woohoo:

Great feedback mmowry! Thanks for posting! How did the workout go?

Workin

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The workout went very well.Especially considering Im upping my reps to focus more on hypertrophy since my whole life Ive trained in the 4-6 rep range on compounds.My endurance was better than Id have thought and the Poseidon also warmed me up (from the inside out) which seemed to let me be less stiff and require less warmup sets.

Oh and my head ache did come back but only for a minute.This was probably due to my last rep on incline bench almost making me blow a blood vessel. :D

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, now.... you want to train for hypertrophy.:D

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
The workout went very well.Especially considering Im upping my reps to focus more on hypertrophy since my whole life Ive trained in the 4-6 rep range on compounds.My endurance was better than Id have thought and the Poseidon also warmed me up (from the inside out) which seemed to let me be less stiff and require less warmup sets.

Oh and my head ache did come back but only for a minute.This was probably due to my last rep on incline bench almost making me blow a blood vessel. :D
Good to hear it went well. I've upped my reps a bit as well as I've gotten older. Funny how your goals change. My joints are certainly thankful! :)

Workin

lsteve3

Awards
Female perspective

This is my first post... My boyfriend introduced me to the site the other week and I've kind of just been reading. I just started using Poseidon about two-three weeks ago and I love it! As a 5'4'' 110 lb. female, I feel that there are not many supplements out there that actually help improve my workout endurance and strength for women. This is the first I have found that has helped my endurance when running as well as during weight training. I definately reccomend it! PS if there are any other reccomendations on supplements that would be appreciated!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great to hear lsteve. It's nice to see some females get on here and post their results with Poseidon..... thank you and keep us updated.

As for other supps just browse around and you'll find plenty of solid supp companies, many of which have some outstanding products. Be on the look out for some new Nimbus products in the not to distant future for even better workout efficency.