And so the sun sets, and I bask amongst the stars-Driven: Chapter 1...

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    Well, same thing happened to me last night with dosing body octane and poseidon together... So you know what I'm going to do for now on until I'm comfortable taking the two together, use 1/2 servings of body octane until my body gets accustomed to 1 serving dosages...

Anyways, I'm still debating on whether or not I should go ahead and workout today... I'm still a little sore, and I'm scheduled to do power snatches (hang) again today with concentric squats, but you know what, I think I'm going to go ahead with the workout anyways... A good warm up should set me straight...

Look for an update a little earlier today; I'm trying to get myself prepped up to workout much earlier then usual since I'm going to go see my old High School play in the state basketball tournament... I went and saw them play yesterday, and hung out with some of my friends of whom I used to play with 3 years ago, so that was pretty cool... There game is at 6:50 tonight, so I'll probably update around 5:30-6.00 alaska time...

P.S. I just watched the movie on Steve Prefontaine, so it's motivating me to get my stuff done early, and hit the gym! My original schedule was friday, sunday, and tuesday, but since I missed last friday to go and workout, I'm going to get myself back into schedule starting today!
    Perseverance...it will pay off!

Looking forward to your update lbarber!

Workin

2. Reflections going into 3/23 Workout

Well, I had a pretty good sleep last night-crazy dreams, again! Those seem to be the norm for now on! lol, must be from those b vitamins!

Other then that, I felt really good today-energetic, and quite focused on the tasks I was performing leading up to the workout...

Still, however, legs/upper back were sore going into the workout, but man, recovery was still pretty awesome to the say the least! As I mentioned before, a good warm up should set me straight, and it did!

Other then that, nothing unusual to report... Dosed 1/2 serving body octane with Poseidon-No stomach problems to report!

Supplements Going into Workout:

45 minutes Prior:
    1 scoop Poseidon/1/2 serving Body Octane...

30 Minutes Prior:
    2 Powerfull

10 Minutes prior: 1 scoop Poseidon:

During:
    4 Servings Excell/1/2 Scoop Body Octane
    •   

3. Workout

Section C

Power Snatch (hang):
    • 1x65x6, 1x75x6, 1x75x5 (x1), 1x75x4 (x2), 1x65x6 (wider grip)

Squat:
    • 1x185x6, 2x205x6, 225x4, 235x1, 185x10 (incredibly, drastically deep), 135x20 (incredibly, drastically deep)!

Jump Squat: I added this in:
    • 12-14xBar Explosive Reps sitting in a deep squat position upon landing

Side Press: Left Shoulder held me back
    • 1x20x6, 2x25x6

Section D

Clean Pull (Hang):
    • 1x85x3, 2x95x3

Cuban Press: Forgot to do...

Russian Split Jump:
    • 3x6

Pullups:
    • 2x6xBW+25, 1x4xBW+25 (x3 Bw) (x2 BW-Hammer Chins)

Abdominals:

Russian Twist: Decline Bench
    • 2x16 total reps + 12 lb Medicine Ball (8 reps each side), 1x20 Bw (10 Reps each side)

Plank:
    • 1x60 seconds

Side Plank:
    • 2x30 seconds (2 sets each side)

Horse Pose:
    • 1x30 seconds

SuperMan
    • 1x30 seconds

Bar Hang:
    • 1x60 seconds

============================== ==================

Reflections: To Come... All squats were performed below parallel! Incase people are wondering-On the 185x10 and 135x20 (I went all the way to the floor-literally! I could not go any lower!

4. Also, can some pm a moderator to get this moved to the Supplement Log section, please.. I'll just keep updating it there, since I'll be reviewing different supplements as I continue to train for baseball...

5. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    Reflections going into 3/23 Workout

Well, I had a pretty good sleep last night-crazy dreams, again! Those seem to be the norm for now on! lol, must be from those b vitamins!

Other then that, I felt really good today-energetic, and quite focused on the tasks I was performing leading up to the workout...

Still, however, legs/upper back were sore going into the workout, but man, recovery was still pretty awesome to the say the least! As I mentioned before, a good warm up should set me straight, and it did!

Other then that, nothing unusual to report... Dosed 1/2 serving body octane with Poseidon-No stomach problems to report!

Supplements Going into Workout:

45 minutes Prior:
    1 scoop Poseidon/1/2 serving Body Octane...

30 Minutes Prior:
    2 Powerfull

10 Minutes prior: 1 scoop Poseidon:

During:
    4 Servings Excell/1/2 Scoop Body Octane
    Good to hear your stomach issues cleared up. Hopefully that's the last of them.

One minor suggestion, Poseidon is very beneficial when consumed during your workout. You may consider skipping the dose 45 minutes prior, and then adding that dose to your Body Octane/Excell mixture during your workout...You may also want to take one of your servings of Excell with your Poseidon 10 minutes prior to workout. Just a suggestion...

Great, detailed log, as always!

I'll see about sending a PM to a moderator...

Workin
    •   

6. 3/25 Workout

Section C

Split Jerk
    • 1x95x6, 1x105x5 (x1), 1x105x5 (x1), 1x95x5 (x1)

Over Head Squats:
    • 3x6x some 10-15 lb bar... 1x45x2, 1x4x some 10-15 lb bar...

Dumbbell Press
    • 1x45x6, 1x45x4 (x1), 1x40x6, 1x40x6

Section D

Cuban Presses
    • 1x15x12, 1x20x5 (1x15x7), 1x15x12

Muscle Snatch Complex: Did not perform squat with this.. Front/Behind press...
    • 1x45x6, 1x55x6, 1x65x6

Good Mornings
    • 3x165x3

Glute Ham Raise
    • 1x8, 1x4, 1x3

Abdominals:

Russian Twist: Decline Bench
    • 3x20 Bw (10 Reps each side)

Plank:
    • 1x60 seconds

Side Plank:
    • 1x40 seconds, 1x30 seconds

Horse Pose:
    • 2x30 seconds

SuperMan
    • 2x30 seconds

Bar Hang:
    • 1x60 seconds, 1x30 seconds

Reflections: My legs were sore going into the workout, and so was lowerback... Other then that, I thought my workout went pretty well... I recovered pretty well between sets, and endurance was also pretty good... I had some nice fullness throughout most of the workout, and I was quite focused on the exercises I was performing...

I'm a little disappointed by my overhead squats: I really suck at these, but with time I think I'll continue to get better at this lift...

But yeah, hams were sore, so I didn't put up as many reps on glute ham raise, but I did what I could with good form... The workout, imo, went well... Although, I'm really not in the mood for this PWO shake I'm drinking at the moment, lol... I need some spaghetti w/meat sauce (post workout meal)...

Well, I'm out... It's late: I did the workout... Next one: Tuesday...

Pre/During/Post Workout Supplementation :

80 Minutes Prior to Workout:
    1/2 serving Body Octane/1 scoop Poseidon

30 Minutes prior:
    2 Powerfull

10 Minutes Prior:
    1 scoop poseidon

During: 4 servings Excell/1/2 serving Body Octane/1 scoop poseidon

1 Super Cissus, 1 Anabolic-Pump, 2 caps MRM Digest All

1.5 scoop (70 CC) Kwick Karb, 1 scoop gf Pro, 8 oz newmans grape juice
    1 Vigor

Post Meal:
    Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce (barilla Plus/vermacilli)
    4 oz lactaid milk

2 Fish oil
    1 Sirplus

7. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Good to hear your stomach issues cleared up. Hopefully that's the last of them.

One minor suggestion, Poseidon is very beneficial when consumed during your workout. You may consider skipping the dose 45 minutes prior, and then adding that dose to your Body Octane/Excell mixture during your workout...You may also want to take one of your servings of Excell with your Poseidon 10 minutes prior to workout. Just a suggestion...

Great, detailed log, as always!

I'll see about sending a PM to a moderator...

Workin
    Thanks for contacting the moderator, Workin, and continuing to follow the log! I really appreciate it! And yep, no stomach problems anymore! Also, I added one scoop of poseidon to my during workout shake...

I'll write some reflection later today, since it's now monday, lol...
    ttyl,

Frank

8. You caught my eye here, subscribed.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

9. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    Thanks for contacting the moderator, Workin, and continuing to follow the log! I really appreciate it! And yep, no stomach problems anymore! Also, I added one scoop of poseidon to my during workout shake...

I'll write some reflection later today, since it's now monday, lol...
    ttyl,

Frank
    You know something lbarber, after reading this log I've came to the conclusion that you know how to keep a log. Good job and good work..... keep it up. You should really notice some increased endurance with the additon of Poseidon to your during w/o drink.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

10. Powerfull/Poseidon Reflections:

Since I've reported on mood and concentration a number of times, I felt that it would only be suitable to further expand my thoughts on these two products at the same time...

Clearly, these two products differ from each other, but when stacked with one another, I believe users out there can expect to not only be further motivated to hit the gym, but be able to increase their workload capacity in order to achieve greater results...

One thing that I pride myself on is the fact that at an early age, I'm doing my best to emphasize the mental aspect of life...

Mind-Muscle connection is extremely important during a workout: too many people take for granted what exactly the mind can do for you, and the results that can be attributed to greater concentration levels... The focus that I've been feeling on these two products lately is flat out awesome... But hey, there's always room for improvement, and even I will admit, some of those olympic lifts still kill me, lol...

But as far as squats are concerned, I can feel fatigue after punishing myself, but inside of me, I want more... I want to get under that bar, and just flat out perform as many as I can in that given moment...

It's that desire that's really starting to effect me...

Even on my off days, I want to do something-one arm pull ups, bw squats, jump squats... Just something to get the blood pumping because I'm going to be honest with you all, the stack that I'm running, including body octane, kwick karb, excell, ap, super cissus, etc... My recovery is actually pretty good to say the least... Granted, these are by no means miracle supplements, but from my perspective, I'm going to have one hell of a time kicking my a** once the snow melts here... Because, I will be performing my sprinting drills in the morning, pitching more often, and doing my 3 workouts each week...

But hey, not to get ahead of myself, but I have to admit, poseidon/powerfull is turning out to be one awesome stack...

I feel more relaxed during the day; my mood has improved; I feel more hydrated-skin complexion has improved, and even at the times I tell myself I'm going to hold off on the workout, I still go and do it... Something inside of me is just begging for it, but where I do go from here...

Well, I get to do hanging cleans tomorrow, jump shrugs, pause squats, bulgarian squats, pull ups, etc... And I tell you, I'm already pysching myself up just thinking about it!

I'm not going to give a rating for this, but I will write a review after I use both tubs of Poseidon, and use it in conjunction with one more bottle of powerfull before cycling off...

Like I've said, the mind is a pretty powerfull tool, and placebos can do amazing things for a person, but I've come a long ways in distiguising the good from the bad, and I KNOW for a fact, that these products are living up the hype! I ask for others out there to give this stack a try because I'm confident enough to tell you that you will not only feel better during the day, but come workout, you'll feel more focused even if your body feels fatigued...

Hey, you can either take my words as a grain of salt, or believe in what I'm saying... No ill will either way: there's no motive on my part in reporting good feed back, but when I like something, I tend to keep using it...

11. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You caught my eye here, subscribed.
    Wow, thanks for subscribing, Dsade!

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns
    You know something lbarber, after reading this log I've came to the conclusion that you know how to keep a log. Good job and good work..... keep it up. You should really notice some increased endurance with the additon of Poseidon to your during w/o drink.
    Thanks for offering your feedback, prld2gr8ns, I really appreciate it! I will continue to take notice of adding in poseidon during the workout!

12. Just some pics for now... One more to be posted...

Still have a ways to go, hence why I call myself a lean mean pitching machine, lol...

Edit: Side Chest one:

Older Side chest one:

Hmm... I don't know-you see a difference?

13. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    Just some pics for now... One more to be posted...

Workin

14. Thanks workin, but man, I still have a lot of work to do in order to reach the goals I've set for myself... My genetics are crazy as far as gaining weight is concerned, but mind>matter... I have to keep telling myself "F*** Genetics!" And maintain consistency with the diet! The more I eat, the more I burn...

15. Great abs.

16. Here are some of the older pics from my last log... Anyone tell a difference? Legs?

Back?

17. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    Here are some of the older pics from my last log... Anyone tell a difference?
    You changed your undershorts?

ok...so you didn't...gross.

Your legs look better, and your back has more - mass/substance.

18. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You changed your undershorts?

ok...so you didn't...gross.

Your legs look better, and your back has more - mass/substance.
    They're boxer briefs!

Cool, the older pics were taken 2/13-2/14 I believe... Next pics will be taken April 26! Lets see if I can make a lot better gains in the next month!!!

Time for some... !

Just had 1.5 cup oats in waffle form...

1.5 cup oats
    1/8 cup aunt jemina whole wheat mix
    1 cup lactaid milk
    1 egg
    1 tbsp canola oil

19. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    They're boxer briefs!

Cool, the older pics were taken 2/13-2/14 I believe... Next pics will be taken April 26! Lets see if I can make a lot better gains in the next month!!!

Time for some... !

Just had 1.5 cup oats in waffle form...

1.5 cup oats
    1/8 cup aunt jemina whole wheat mix
    1 cup lactaid milk
    1 egg
    1 tbsp canola oil
    Improvements certainly noted in your newer pics. Congrats!

You may be a candidate for, what I call, the "PB and B Lean Mass gaining Diet!". I've referenced this one or 2 times on this board and others. I've used it with GREAT success over the years with clients that were "hard gainers".

Basically, you eat your 5-6 meals as you normally would. Then, on workout days only, you eat, IN ADDITION TO your normal meals, 1 PB and banana sandwich just prior to bed. (2 slices whole grain bread, 1/2 sliced medium banana, 2.5 TBLS Natural Peanut Butter). Thats it. Change nothing else. After 2 weeks of this, re evaluate your body fat. If your gaining lean muscle, with little to no fat increase, make no changes. If your adding more body fat than lean mass, cut out one night of PB and B. If your still not making any body comp changes, ADD another night of PB and B. Re evalute every 2 weeks.

This has been the cheapest, most effective way I've seen ectos pack on lean muscle mass naturally. (assuming of course your on a proper diet and exercise routine to begin with) Give it a shot if your like.

Great log my friend!

Workin

20. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Improvements certainly noted in your newer pics. Congrats!

You may be a candidate for, what I call, the "PB and B Lean Mass gaining Diet!". I've referenced this one or 2 times on this board and others. I've used it with GREAT success over the years with clients that were "hard gainers".

Basically, you eat your 5-6 meals as you normally would. Then, on workout days only, you eat, IN ADDITION TO your normal meals, 1 PB and banana sandwich just prior to bed. (2 slices whole grain bread, 1/2 sliced medium banana, 2.5 TBLS Natural Peanut Butter). Thats it. Change nothing else. After 2 weeks of this, re evaluate your body fat. If your gaining lean muscle, with little to no fat increase, make no changes. If your adding more body fat than lean mass, cut out one night of PB and B. If your still not making any body comp changes, ADD another night of PB and B. Re evalute every 2 weeks.

This has been the cheapest, most effective way I've seen ectos pack on lean muscle mass naturally. (assuming of course your on a proper diet and exercise routine to begin with) Give it a shot if your like.

Great log my friend!

Workin
    I would definitely try this out, but I had to cut out peanut butter from my diet since it makes me break out, ... I used to consume 4-6 tbsp a day on average...

Almond butter? I've thought about switching to that, but it's kind of expensive... I'll look into buying a jar of it...

21. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    I would definitely try this out, but I had to cut out peanut butter from my diet since it makes me break out, ... I used to consume 4-6 tbsp a day on average...

Almond butter? I've thought about switching to that, but it's kind of expensive... I'll look into buying a jar of it...
    Sorry to hear that...

Almond butter would be even better IMO, but, as you point out, is a bit pricey. I believe Walmart has it for a reasonable price, but would have to check again to be sure...

If you do decide to give it a run, be sure and let me know how it goes!

Workin

22. Well, I have no ride to the gym! If I had enough money, I would take a taxi, but I need double what I have at the moment... This is what happens when you have to rely on other people to take you places!!! Since I still do not have a license, nor a job, since I can't get the job till I get the license, since I'm going to be a vendor for pepsi! The manager is just waiting for me to get my license, though!!!!

I'm pretty frustrated at the moment- - I took all of pre-workout supplements earlier today, and probably would have had a great workout! The day started out rough on me-I didn't sleep too well, and felt kind of tired upon waking... I did, however, feel energetic while at school during first period, but once third period came around, I was starting to feel tired again...

Man, this sucks! looks like it's going to be a late night, since I have a feeling I won't be going to bed for awhile...

23. Pushups, crunches, pullups, and lift something heavy around the house. How bad do you want it?

24. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    How bad do you want it?
    ^^^ Where theres a will theres a way man.

Frustration happens to us all, but the ones who succeed are the ones who can find simple ways around negative objects.

Just do something in regards to your workout regimen and you'll have a victory on your hands.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

25. Quote Originally Posted by lbarber View Post
    Well, I have no ride to the gym! If I had enough money, I would take a taxi, but I need double what I have at the moment... This is what happens when you have to rely on other people to take you places!!! Since I still do not have a license, nor a job, since I can't get the job till I get the license, since I'm going to be a vendor for pepsi! The manager is just waiting for me to get my license, though!!!!

I'm pretty frustrated at the moment- - I took all of pre-workout supplements earlier today, and probably would have had a great workout! The day started out rough on me-I didn't sleep too well, and felt kind of tired upon waking... I did, however, feel energetic while at school during first period, but once third period came around, I was starting to feel tired again...

Man, this sucks! looks like it's going to be a late night, since I have a feeling I won't be going to bed for awhile...
    Stay the course my lbarber! Try concentrating on what you can do...look at it as a challenge. How can you get a good workout using only your current environment. You may have to get creative, but you will be happy you did!

I know, it's easier said than done. By the same token, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Be encouraged my friend!

Workin

26. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Pushups, crunches, pullups, and lift something heavy around the house. How bad do you want it?
    Exactly what i was thinking, old tires, milk jugs, storage room goods, push in a doorway..... Go for a run doing some sprints.
    I have an ab wheel and its sipmle to make of cheap to buy you can do some crazy pushup variations on a moving wheel, push ups between a few chairs, dips on chairs, shoulder presses with your feet up the wall (handstand). Anyway nice progress, nice log, get your license bro, incependance is invaluable.

27. Your back is bigger! Your looking like Rambo!

28. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Pushups, crunches, pullups, and lift something heavy around the house. How bad do you want it?
    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    ^^^ Where theres a will theres a way man.

Frustration happens to us all, but the ones who succeed are the ones who can find simple ways around negative objects.

Just do something in regards to your workout regimen and you'll have a victory on your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Stay the course my lbarber! Try concentrating on what you can do...look at it as a challenge. How can you get a good workout using only your current environment. You may have to get creative, but you will be happy you did!

I know, it's easier said than done. By the same token, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Be encouraged my friend!

Workin
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Exactly what i was thinking, old tires, milk jugs, storage room goods, push in a doorway..... Go for a run doing some sprints.
    I have an ab wheel and its sipmle to make of cheap to buy you can do some crazy pushup variations on a moving wheel, push ups between a few chairs, dips on chairs, shoulder presses with your feet up the wall (handstand). Anyway nice progress, nice log, get your license bro, incependance is invaluable.
    Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for everyones support! I really appreciate the help you all are offering me, and in turn, I will continue to do my best in keeping you all up to date on progress! I did a workout wednesday night, but it didn't go over so well...

2 Powerfull caps had me feeling really sleepy going into the workout, and as I began to warm up, my stomach was starting to really bother me... I ended up having to leave after only 3 exercises due to a stomach ache, and performing squats wasn't helping me out in regards to this...

But today is friday, and I will updating later tonight on another workout to be performed! I'm excited for it-stomach has not been bothering me at all these past couple of days! And energy levels seem to be pretty good at the moment! So we'll see how things go...

Workin, I added peanut butter back in today! I guess I'll find out what happens over the course of the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpYouUp View Post
    Your back is bigger! Your looking like Rambo!
    hahaha, thanks, PumpYouUp! Wait till next month-I will be bigger then him, lol!

29. 3/28 Workout

Power Cleans (Hang):

2x95x6, 1x115x4 (x2), 1x95x6

Pause Squats:

1x135x6, 1x185x4, 1x165x6, 1x135x6

Pull Ups:

2x10

Reflections:

I had a terrible workout! Stomach really hindered my performance, and I ended up leaving after a couple sets on pull ups... Went home, layed in bed, drank some water, and then went to sleep... I didn't sleep too well, but a couple hours after I woke up, stomach began to settle in after taking Gut Health dosage...

Other then that, performing squats was a miserable experience... Strength was way down from past workouts- it just wasn't a fun experience going A2G...

I attempted to do one last set of 135x20 to get some more squats in before I left, but it didn't go so well...

Man, what a horrendous workout it was, but it's over, in the past, and I have a new workout to be performed later today!

Can we say PR on Hanging Cleans! Maybe...

3/30 Workout Update to Come!

30. Too many supps, maybe your body is getting pulled in too many directions, i can see all those supps fighting to be on stage.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 11:14 AM
  2. Beware: capzacin .1% cream and the sun
    By Jim Mills in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 01:05 PM
  3. t1-pro and the sun
    By supersoldier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 07:11 PM