Chunky Munkeys log

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
I discovered AM from my boss and had a moment of clarity when i turned 30 i realized i had to do something I started lifting again and train in MMA. AM has taught me a lot and has played a huge part in me changing my life. So now I have decided to create my first log. I started lifting in school i played 3 sports in high school i tore up my shoulder and had to have a couple surgeries and never made it to the next level and i was blessed with a son at a young age and had to support my family so i went to work for a mech. contractor and somewhere along the way I lost myself. Between the long hours of doing whatever it takes to get bye my body turned to crap. So i finally reached a point where I'm comfortable and the long days are far and few. So i have been back at it for a year now, and after many countless hrs have a decent grasp on my training. I'm fairly new to nutrition and supplements give me any input good or bad.

I'm currently 261lbs age 31 6ft 1 and I'm training on a 3 day split
chest shoulders tri
back bis abs
legs traps calfs

My maint calories are 3400 I'm staying under 2000 diet 40/40/20 consisting of.
chunk light tuna
chicken breast
steak
roast beef
yogurt
cottage cheese
skim milk
egg whites
oats
wheat bread
flax pitas
whey protein shakes

supplements are
fish oil
vit c
b12 complex
cee
just finished two bottles igf-2
and started Lipotrophin AM and Pm from Applied Nutriceuticals and i will run a log on these products

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Sat 3/10
Goals: to lose as much weight and keep muscle I'm going to Jamaica in a couple of months.

7 meals today
cals. 1960
carbs. 161g
pro. 174g
fat 19g
work out chest shoulders tris
flat bench 185@10 205@10 225@8x2
incline 185@10 205@20
Decline 185@10 205@10 225@2
dips 3@5x3
skull crushers 85@10x3
shoulder press 3@115
random
tris ext
lat raise
pec deck
30min cardio
over all a great workout today. Started the lipotrophin Am bridged over from the igf-2 I had great energy today not sure if its the LP or just pumped about the log.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
starting measurements
waist:43
chest:49
arms:17
calfs: 17
thigh:26

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
3/12
workout-bis abs back
pcurls-75/10x3 db curls35/10x3 curl mach. to fail.
crunchs inclinesitups med ball sit ups ab mach
rev sit ups back mach.
30 min cardio calorie intake 1980
workout was OK cardio was super intense i think the lipotrophin am kicks in the second dose midday. The pm i was sorta on the fence about it the first night but the second night i slept like a baby i woke up on my side and i never sleep on my side.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good log brass. I'm glad you've discovered the motivation to put your efforts back into your training. Nothing will make you feel better then seeing and feeling changes taking place to your body, all for the better to. I congradulate you on your new found need to succeed, as without any drive life seems stagnant and can get the best of us down. Glad you got it again my friend, and remember persistence and consistence always pays off.

I'll be watching.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Pride thanks for droping some wisdom esp. persistence and consisence i might have to still that one.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
3/14

leg day
suats-225-10x3
deads-225-10x3
lunges-120-10x3
g press-270-10-3
calf raises-180-10x3
leg ext- to fail
ham ext to fail
swam laps for cardio Cals.1864

All in all a good lifting day had lots of gas in the tank. The Lipotrophin had my heart racing when i laid down for bed last night. But i was able to fall a sleep no problem which i thought was interesting. I also had some realistic dreams. i dreamed about a beef i had several years ago and I woke up mad? I normally do not remember dreams at all. I was well rested just pissed.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pride thanks for droping some wisdom esp. persistence and consisence i might have to still that one.
Go right ahead my friend and use it whenever you have those not so perfect days(I know I do).

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
3/17 work out chest shoulders tris
flat bench 185@10 205@10 225@8x2
incline 185@10 205@20
Decline 185@10 205@10 225@2
dips 3@5x3
skull crushers 85@10x3
shoulder press 3@115
cals. sliped today around 2400
on the good side im down 6lbs dont know if its the diet or the lipotrophin. I never tried to cut weight before. It was a bullet that i left in the gun. Happy St. Pats Day.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
subscribed

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
3/19
I had great energy today my cardio was nothing went for 30 min on the treadmill at random at levels i i usually gas at.
Took a new focus on lifting today i went low weight and high reps sort I'm gonna switch it up every two weeks. Right now i'm doing five sets of 10 on each lift or till i burn out. Today was Bis, Abs, and Back and i threw in some tris for the heck of it. I'm started to notice a difference in body mass already and I'm getting super pumped. I left the gym and still had enough gas to shoot some hoops with my son. I'm in between MMA gyms right now so i have more time to re comp I'm gonna hit this 2 month stretch hard and try to cut as much weight as possible.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
3/22
Had kinda of an off day today headache and sinus. But still went and pounded out some squats and deads and other various mach. Still staying light weight high reps with 5 sets.
I did 30 min. cardio on an elliptical. I went and dug up a jump rope since the sinner swears bye it. The thing should of come with instructions cuz my rope skills suck. I still feel like I'm dropping weight i just hope not to muscle. I'm going to measure and weigh myself this weekend.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
3/24
chest-tris- shoulders
I wont bore anyone with the numbers on the lifts none are impressive still running low weight high reps. I hit just about every exercise I could think of today. It turned into a marathon session. Trying to burn as adipose tissue as possible. I had great stamina today really put in some work.
I kept calories around 1900 today Ive only broke 2000 once in two weeks. I drop another five pounds:woohoo: So I'm knocking around 250. Feeling really good and getting great results the lipotrophin is working wonders this product is definitely the real deal and I'm very pleased with the results so far.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
3/24
chest-tris- shoulders
I wont bore anyone with the numbers on the lifts none are impressive still running low weight high reps. I hit just about every exercise I could think of today. It turned into a marathon session. Trying to burn as adipose tissue as possible. I had great stamina today really put in some work.
I kept calories around 1900 today Ive only broke 2000 once in two weeks. I drop another five pounds:woohoo: So I'm knocking around 250. Feeling really good and getting great results the lipotrophin is working wonders this product is definitely the real deal and I'm very pleased with the results so far.
Great to hear! :head:

Workin

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support workin. Is that you in your av

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
goddamn workin id kill to have your body lol.

monkey good work thus far. 5 lbs is great

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Had another great work out today bis back and abs cal.s stayed in check still keeping on keeping on. Cardio Jumped rope and went a couple of rounds with a heavy bag. The last two nights sleep has been strange. i would doze in and out, but i was not tired at all during the day. Worked up a good sweat with the heavy bag. I feel really great. I can tell I'm starting to lean out in places, and other people are noticing also.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Workin you are jacked :bb3: man OB is right id kill too.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Had another great work out today bis back and abs cal.s stayed in check still keeping on keeping on. Cardio Jumped rope and went a couple of rounds with a heavy bag. The last two nights sleep has been strange. i would doze in and out, but i was not tired at all during the day. Worked up a good sweat with the heavy bag. I feel really great. I can tell I'm starting to lean out in places, and other people are noticing also.
Excellent! That's always motivational when other begin to make comments ;) Keep up the great work brass monkey! :thumbsup:

Workin

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Today was suppose to be an off day but a supply company provided free lunch. I did not do to bad but blew 2000 cals so went and threw down on some killer cardio 30 min elliptical 30 min swimming. Felt so good today i threw in an early leg day. Leg presses hack squats leg ext. ham. ext. calf raises. And still had enough gas to come home and knock out some honey dos, you have to love spring. All those chores you put off all winter are never ending to catch up on, and soon as you finish all of them its winter again.:aargh:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All those chores you put off all winter are never ending to catch up on, and soon as you finish all of them its winter again.:aargh:
LOL, I know what your talking about there man.

Looks like your doing great brass, keep it up man.

YOU----KNOW----WE----ARE----WATCHING!!!

P.S. And if your curious and envious..... yes that is me in my avy as well.:)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
LOL, I know what your talking about there man.

Looks like your doing great brass, keep it up man.

YOU----KNOW----WE----ARE----WATCHING!!!

P.S. And if your curious and envious..... yes that is me in my avy as well.:)
Watching, waiting, judging..."look at the baby"...waiting, watching,..."look at the baby"....:toofunny:

(Taken from "Old School" for those that have not seen it. ;))

Workin

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Thanks pride. I was kinda curious. your looking good too bro you need to lay off the purple self tanner lol you cant kill the grimace.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching, waiting, judging..."look at the baby"...waiting, watching,..."look at the baby"....:toofunny:

(Taken from "Old School" for those that have not seen it. ;))

Workin
"BLUE YOUR MY BOY!!!"..."YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!!"

.... oh and so are you Brass. By the way purple is the newest color of passion:)

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone lets go streaking, Frank the Tank is the man.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, monkey your log just went a little side ways.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
:woohoo: old school will do it every time:woohoo:

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
3/29
chest tris shoulders
had another great workout today. Performance is improving greatly. I hung off the rim today shooting ball with my son i have not been able to do that in years. Felt great today routine was knocked off b/c i threw in my leg day early so today I worked out entire upper body to get back on track for deads and squats on sat. My recomp on leg day isn't to great lifts were good I had great pumps. I bumped up the lipotrophin Pm to four capsules a night to catch up with the Am wich is starting to run low. The Lp AM I'm taking six capsules a day three @ 6am and three @3pm I hit the pm about 8 . I picked up some bcaa's and i'm trying to up my protein I'm noticing a little muscle loss my arms are looking smaller maybe they were that small all along, they just looked bigger with the excess fat on them my cals are still in check staying under 2000 still having trouble nailing down 40/40/20 I'm getting closer Ive loged my diet for the last month i will post an segment this weekend. I might sign up with Bobo when I get back from Jamaica.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
3/29
chest tris shoulders
had another great workout today. Performance is improving greatly. I hung off the rim today shooting ball with my son i have not been able to do that in years. Felt great today routine was knocked off b/c i threw in my leg day early so today I worked out entire upper body to get back on track for deads and squats on sat. My recomp on leg day isn't to great lifts were good I had great pumps. I bumped up the lipotrophin Pm to four capsules a night to catch up with the Am wich is starting to run low. The Lp AM I'm taking six capsules a day three @ 6am and three @3pm I hit the pm about 8 . I picked up some bcaa's and i'm trying to up my protein I'm noticing a little muscle loss my arms are looking smaller maybe they were that small all along, they just looked bigger with the excess fat on them my cals are still in check staying under 2000 still having trouble nailing down 40/40/20 I'm getting closer Ive loged my diet for the last month i will post an segment this weekend. I might sign up with Bobo when I get back from Jamaica.
When will you be in Jamaica Brass Monkey? I'll be there fro the 4th-9th of April!

Workin

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Im going May 17 it im staying in Negril its my first visit im pumped. Have you been there before.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Im going May 17 it im staying in Negril its my first visit im pumped. Have you been there before.
I've never been there, but have always been itching to go. I'll be staying at Breezes Runaway Bay...I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate you all....:mad: :rasp: :smite: :rant: :D

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah, that's okay man. The weathers been pretty the last couple of days and I have a good imagination.... I can make do with that.

Brass is going to get his body on before he gets his tan on. Thata boy brass.... powerglide one time for me.:bb2: :D

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
4/1
Had a nice sun afternoon work out. consisting of deadlifts, squats, clings & jerks,leg ext ham ext and lunges. Jumped rope and hit the heavy bag for cardio. Still going low weight high volume. Getting ready to switch back tue. To low volume high weight. With some hit cardio.
Cals. slipped yesterday but stayed in check today. The weight is still melting off weighed in today at 247 so that's 13lbs total:woohoo: :woohoo: Which is making me a believer in you reap what you sew. Which goes against my Cajun heritage but I think with hard work I can did in to some craw fish etouffee but keep it in moderation. Ya get in what ya put in is my new motto. I do not no much about nutrition but everything I learn i try to share. I'm on my last couple of doses of Lipotrophin-Am I still have half a bottle of Pm, I'm going to make another NP order mon. to re up on the AM and I think i'm going to add some poseidon to the mix, some guy name Jayhhawk say it a staple in his routine so that's good enough for me.:yawn: and on that note I'm wore out good night AM universe.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
4/1
Had a nice sun afternoon work out. consisting of deadlifts, squats, clings & jerks,leg ext ham ext and lunges. Jumped rope and hit the heavy bag for cardio. Still going low weight high volume. Getting ready to switch back tue. To low volume high weight. With some hit cardio.
Cals. slipped yesterday but stayed in check today. The weight is still melting off weighed in today at 247 so that's 13lbs total:woohoo: :woohoo: Which is making me a believer in you reap what you sew. Which goes against my Cajun heritage but I think with hard work I can did in to some craw fish etouffee but keep it in moderation. Ya get in what ya put in is my new motto. I do not no much about nutrition but everything I learn i try to share. I'm on my last couple of doses of Lipotrophin-Am I still have half a bottle of Pm, I'm going to make another NP order mon. to re up on the AM and I think i'm going to add some poisedon to the mix, some guy name Jayhhawk say it a staple in his routine so that's good enough for me.:yawn: and on that note I'm wore out good night AM universe.
Great info! Looks like your making some amazing progress Brass monkey! Loosing 13 lbs must be VERY motivational. Congratulations! :head:

Keep me informed on your progress with Poseidon...I think you'll be very pleased! ;) Looks like I'll have to pay Jayhawk for another recommendation! lol! :)

Workin

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Had a decent work out today did some core training and chins worked out chest shoulders. I had a very busy day so i was not very intense. Just finished up the last of the LP AM and i have nothing but good things to say about it. I had great results overall mood was enhanced. I had great energy without being wired. I had restful night sleeps, and lost some weight to boot. I'm definitely will use this product again. I have no pics to post as of yet, but you can check them out in a couple of months on Applied Nutriceuticals website in there feast or famine contest, lets just say i'm not feasting. Ill continue to update my progress every week. Thanks for everyone's input.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Had a decent work out today did some core trainingand chins worked out chest shoulders. I had a very busy day so i was not very intense. Just finished up the last of the LP AM and i have nothing but good things to say about it. I had great results overall mood was enhanced. I had great energy without being wired. I had restful night sleeps, and lost some weight to boot. I'm definitely will use this product again. I have no pics to post as of yet, but you can check them out in a couple of months on Applied Nutriceuticals website in there feast or famine contest, lets just say i'm not feasting. Ill continue to update my progress every week. Thanks for everyone's input.
Good log and great feedback!! This helps me a lot on my end in trying to make the best products possible!!! Repped

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Awesome Brass! Good log, good commentary from the supporting cast.... what more could you ask for?

2 consecutive threads I just read mention Poseidon positively......... I may have to go shopping here in a bit.

Brass, keep up the good work man. Your hard work and persistence is paying off. Keep us posted. I've installed cameras in the trees near your home to monitor progress.

Oh btw, quit pickin' your a$$.

lol

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Dustin,
Your avy never ceases to make me laugh. lol

Workin,
Your avy never ceases to make me jealous.

RMS,
You have no avy.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dustin,

Workin,

RMS,
You have no avy.

Thank ya' lane.... me and workin compliment each other quit nicely don'tcha think.:D

Great to see you interested in Poseidon, if/when you try it out be sure to let us know.

And by the way, monkeys always pick that nether region so brass is right at home.:hammer: :D

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dustin,

Workin,

RMS,
You have no avy.
I guess I need to pick one :)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Dustin,

Workin,

RMS,
You have no avy.
lol! I'm not sure why you would be jealous Lanbane, your looking lean and buff in YOUR avy my friend!

I'll be interested to hear your feedback on Poseidon, should you decide to try it! :thumbsup:

Workin

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
if we could find some poseidon somewhere :)

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Quick update on progress still leaning out and super hyped about the progress. Weighed in the last couple of days at 239.I have been eating clean and dosing LP pm 3caps a night. Sleeping like a baby. Still dropping the lbs. IF I make down to 220 Ill be riped not sure if its possible will see. My playing weight when I played football was 230 and I was in the best shape of my life so i'm not far off. Life is a little hectic know I'm helping coach my sons baseball team it cuts in to workout time and food prep but its fun as hell. And everyone I have not seen since last season are like your sure have lost a lot of weight. So people are taking notice and that ads to the motivation factor.