Mpkonig's Continuing struggle for Fat Loss (Posiedon, X-force and More)

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    what kind of increments should i be doing....should i do the lower increments like seconds...or should i do higher ....i just did some HIIT today for my cardio this morning and i tried 15 seconds high..30 seconds low...and it didnt seem like it was doing much cardio wise...so i jumped it to 30 seconds high..30 seconds low and it seemed to work much better....any thoughts would be helpful.

EDIT: Im also doing my cardio on an eliptical...so going really fast is kinda hard without sacrificing form, but i do increase the resistance on my eliptical when i do HIIT just for the extra work it takes.
    A 40/30 split (30 being the rest period) would be good on a treadmill. HITT is tough to do in a gym. You really need to get into an open area outside or in an indoor track if possible. The intensity is MUCH greater IMHO.

Workin

2. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    A 40/30 split (30 being the rest period) would be good on a treadmill. HITT is tough to do in a gym. You really need to get into an open area outside or in an indoor track if possible. The intensity is MUCH greater IMHO.

Workin
    ok..i will try the 40/30 split....i may be a large guy...but ive always had a good endurance factor for cardio (plus i smoked for several years in my youth..much smarter now) ill try and get out of the house and do my HIIT training then....for now i will just use my nordic track eliptical in my garage until i can map a good place to run....thank you for the advice
    •   

3. Alright....im still doing research on the stack i want to run for my final 4 weeks of my 12 week cycle.(may be longer)

im finding it kinda hard to get an accurate account of what works for bigger endomorph guys who may have problems with supps working on them. Unfortunately all the exciting ones are not out yet (Avant Rebirth, New Heat stack, etc.) so as i research and get info on certain supps im looking at...im compiling a few stacks that are possibilities

These are:

Tri-lean stack with Thyrotabs, Liquid Sesamin, Posiedon, maybe throw in some lipoderm ultra , AP

Thyrotabs/3rd degree burn stack with sesamin, posiedon+, AP

H.E.A.T. stack (if i can find it), AP

these are just a few of the Base stacks im looking into ....the website has been geared alot lately towards bulking and lean bulking and im finding it hard to find threads (recent ones) that have fat loss stacks/products in them for me to research.

I need something potent....hence the tri-lean system, it whooped my ass for the 28 days i used it in may of last year...but im always looking for something better hence the addition of thyrotabs instead of thyrogen-x. Ive seen alot of awsome feedback on thyrotabs and i am really excited about them.

So pretty much i looking for something as potent...if not more potent than the tri-lean system...which ive got a feeling is gonna be hard to achieve If i cant really put together anything better than the first stack i listed...i guess i will do the tri-lean again, was a little concerned on some of the minor sides it had, but everything subsided during the cycle or after the discontinuation of it.

i have my diet dialed in (ckd) and my workout regimen, so all i need now is something potent to get my ass kicked into overdrive. Realizing slowly that im a non-responder to a point (having to double or triple dose things in order to feel anything or see results) ive been on a quest to find supps that i dont need to double or triple dose.

my first 4 weeks i saw a 10lb loss and about 1 inch off my waist which is not too shabby...hopefully this 2nd 4 weeks will be just as successful if not more.

hopefully the last 4 weeks (if going with the tri-lean system) will be as successful as my last cycle with the tri-lean (something like 24lbs in 28 days and 2 inches off waist) granted most of that weight came off in the first week and was mostly water....but still at the end of the cycle...the last 2 weeks i was losing 2 to 4 lbs a week..which is awsome.

well..thats my thoughts....i feel that if i type things out i can better judge what i am saying and make decisions more efficently.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    ok..i will try the 40/30 split....i may be a large guy...but ive always had a good endurance factor for cardio (plus i smoked for several years in my youth..much smarter now) ill try and get out of the house and do my HIIT training then....for now i will just use my nordic track eliptical in my garage until i can map a good place to run....thank you for the advice
    My pleasure. Keep me updated on your progress

Workin

5. Day 3

20 minutes fasted HIIT cardio

Today was chest and shoulders......again..another great workout....i really havent felt like this working out in a long time. also...noticed today some pretty insane pumps...dont know if the posiedon or super cissus attributes to muscle pumps...but its more than what i got from just using AP....so...AP and something else in my stack gives great pumps...i cant imagine what would have happened if i wasnt on CKD...my muscles would probably explode lol...

Thoughts: Still feeling good..usually when i do 2 muscle groups a day..i feel beat up through the second half of the workout....its just not the case anymore..and i love it.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    Day 3

20 minutes fasted HIIT cardio

Today was chest and shoulders......again..another great workout....i really havent felt like this working out in a long time. also...noticed today some pretty insane pumps...dont know if the posiedon or super cissus attributes to muscle pumps...but its more than what i got from just using AP....so...AP and something else in my stack gives great pumps...i cant imagine what would have happened if i wasnt on CKD...my muscles would probably explode lol...

Thoughts: Still feeling good..usually when i do 2 muscle groups a day..i feel beat up through the second half of the workout....its just not the case anymore..and i love it.
    Great to hear! I get great pumps on Poseidon as well. Try mixing Poseidon with your favorite NO booster and your favorite type of creatine. (I just use AAKG and Creatine Mono) The pumps are really entertaining :bb2:

Workin

7. Are you sure fasted HIIT is the way to be going cardio wise? That would seem to me to be a good way to burn up muscle mass, which is enemy number 1 when looking to lose bodyfat. I think you'd be much better served with a small meal of some sort before you do your HIIT, at the very least have a protein shake beforehand to get some aminos circulating in your system.

8. Quote Originally Posted by max silver View Post
    Are you sure fasted HIIT is the way to be going cardio wise? That would seem to me to be a good way to burn up muscle mass, which is enemy number 1 when looking to lose bodyfat. I think you'd be much better served with a small meal of some sort before you do your HIIT, at the very least have a protein shake beforehand to get some aminos circulating in your system.
    well....ive been doing fasted cardio for a while now....and i havent really lost any muscle....even when i was on the tri-lean system and doing fasted cardio...i didnt loose hardly any LBM....so i dont know if im the exception or what....

9. Quote Originally Posted by max silver View Post
    Are you sure fasted HIIT is the way to be going cardio wise? That would seem to me to be a good way to burn up muscle mass, which is enemy number 1 when looking to lose bodyfat. I think you'd be much better served with a small meal of some sort before you do your HIIT, at the very least have a protein shake beforehand to get some aminos circulating in your system.
    IF your diet is dead on...and I mean perfect...fasted HITT training is VERY effective at burning body fat while maintaining muscle mass. Most people won't have the discipline required to diet properly for this type of training and may very well end up burning muscle. I would still stick to HITT cardio in a fasted state one day per week however...even if your diet isn't spot on.

Workin

10. Different strokes for different folks

11. i guess so hairy.....whats your take on fasted HIIT cardio???

im just speaking from my personal experiences...ive done fasted cardio almost on every cycle ive ever done....ive done it on the tri-lean with just taking 2 venoms 30 minutes before hand (which i guess your not supposed to take them on an empty stomach but i had no ill effects from this) and didnt lose really anything on my body...i leaned up really well...so i do not know if its a case by case thing about burning LBM when doing any kind of fasted cardio.

BTW, Working, is that you in your avatar???

12. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    i guess so hairy.....whats your take on fasted HIIT cardio???

im just speaking from my personal experiences...ive done fasted cardio almost on every cycle ive ever done....ive done it on the tri-lean with just taking 2 venoms 30 minutes before hand (which i guess your not supposed to take them on an empty stomach but i had no ill effects from this) and didnt lose really anything on my body...i leaned up really well...so i do not know if its a case by case thing about burning LBM when doing any kind of fasted cardio.

BTW, Working, is that you in your avatar???
    Yep, that is me in my avatar mpkonig

Everyone is different and will respond differently to certain types of training. I knew a guy that trained 2 hours per day with weights, 6 days per week, hitting each muscle group 2-3 times per week, and was completely NATURAL! One would think he would be over training... just a little, lol... but he looked amazing! Huge, shredded and well proportioned. Now if I trained like that, I would get no where. My point...While we all operate by similar principals and rules of thumb...we are all different and can expect different results with different methods.

You being an endo mpkonig, I'm sure you respond very well to fasted cardio, especially when your diet is in check, as you said it was. If you were an ecto, you may not. If your lucky enough to be a perfect Meso...well...who cares, we all hate them anyway ...Trial and error guys ;-) HL said it best, different strokes for different folks!

Workin

13. I have a love/hate relationship with HIIT. I've my fair share of morning practices back in my wrestling and football days that realllllllllly shreded me. We did something called "hollow sprints" where you would jog the curves and sprint the straight aways on a two hundred meter track. That would go on for 25-30 minutes. Shortly after, we would have relays with sprints over the entire 200 meters so we could compete against each other. Now-a-days, I rotate stairs and sprinting on the boardwalk/jogging with extended slow cardio. I feel the former aspect gives more results than the latter.

At any rate, HIIT several days a week is wonderful for fat loss. BCAAs before and after working out is a necessity for muscle prevservation (I have a protein drink after, too). Keep going with weight training and eating properly (perhaps a bit more protein from whole foods on HIIT days).

Tri lean is the ****, and I also took two HD a day. Make sure you eat ENOUGH with the hunger curving properties of the system. Keep tons of fiber going, low GI carbs for low insulin spike, and use fitday to calculate cals. You'll see results in no time 8-)

HL

14. Quote Originally Posted by HairyLarry35 View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with HIIT. I've my fair share of morning practices back in my wrestling and football days that realllllllllly shreded me. We did something called "hollow sprints" where you would jog the curves and sprint the straight aways on a two hundred meter track. That would go on for 25-30 minutes. Shortly after, we would have relays with sprints over the entire 200 meters so we could compete against each other. Now-a-days, I rotate stairs sprinting on the boardwalk/jogging with extended slow cardio. I feel the former aspect gives more results than the latter.

At any rate, HIIT several days a week is wonderful for fat loss. BCAAs before and after working out is a necessity for muscle prevservation (I have a protein drink after, too). Keep going with weight training and eating properly (perhaps a bit more protein from whole foods on HIIT days).

Tri lean is the ****, and I also took two HD a day. Make sure you eat ENOUGH with the hunger curving properties of the system. Keep tons of fiber going, low GI carbs for low insulin spike, and use fitday to calculate cals. You'll see results in no time 8-)

HL
    Great info as always

Workin

15. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Yep, that is me in my avatar mpkonig

Everyone is different and will respond differently to certain types of training. I knew a guy that trained 2 hours per day with weights, 6 days per week, hitting each muscle group 2-3 times per week, and was completely NATURAL! One would think he would be over training... just a little, lol... but he looked amazing! Huge, shredded and well proportioned. Now if I trained like that, I would get no where. My point...While we all operate by similar principals and rules of thumb...we are all different and can expect different results with different methods.

You being an endo mpkonig, I'm sure you respond very well to fasted cardio, especially when your diet is in check, as you said it was. If you were an ecto, you may not. If your lucky enough to be a perfect Meso...well...who cares, we all hate them anyway ...Trial and error guys ;-) HL said it best, different strokes for different folks!

Workin
    Damn your sexy...errr..ummm.. .i mean...damn...you look badass....ahh.....to know that i probably will NEVER get to be anywhere close to that....kinda sucks but ive faced that reality a long time ago..hehe..unless i get some gear and start doing it full throttle.

Yeah...im hoping the change in Cardio in the morning will help shock my body into some more weight loss...ive been doing the slow cardio for too long and it time to switch it up anyways....

16. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    Damn your sexy...errr..ummm.. .i mean...damn...you look badass....ahh.....to know that i probably will NEVER get to be anywhere close to that....kinda sucks but ive faced that reality a long time ago..hehe..unless i get some gear and start doing it full throttle.

Yeah...im hoping the change in Cardio in the morning will help shock my body into some more weight loss...ive been doing the slow cardio for too long and it time to switch it up anyways....
    Thanks bro...in a very heterosexual way...LOL!

No need for steroids, just hard work and dedication. Sounds like your gifted with both and I look forward to your progress

Workin

17. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Thanks bro...in a very heterosexual way...LOL!

No need for steroids, just hard work and dedication. Sounds like your gifted with both and I look forward to your progress

Workin
    LOL.....thanks...

18. Ahhh, theres a lot of love in here.LOL

Mpkonig, you have an excellent base going for the start of a cut. What you have in mind, you CAN achieve my friend. Keep up the hard work.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

19. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Ahhh, theres a lot of love in here.LOL

Mpkonig, you have an excellent base going for the start of a cut. What you have in mind, you CAN achieve my friend. Keep up the hard work.
    thanks man...i appreciate the support.

20. Day 4

WOW.....today i did my HIIT cardio at a 40/30 split like workin suggested and .......well....it was Freakin crazy....lol....i was going to try and do 30 min...but only managed 20.....it was crazy...hehe also did a 3 minute cool down (which is normally not that long) but i needed it. i think im gonna like this new Cardio regimen. I must be freakin nuts...i love the workouts that put a wooping on my ass....i hate it when im doing it, but on the other hand..it makes me push harder because i hate it....go figure.....lol

Today will be Trunk and Legs. I hate it...but...its life.

21. Do you feel that you are able to perform HIIT and a leg workout in the same day without negatively affecting the leg workout? I know for me personally, that if I were to perfrom HIIT in the morning I would have very little left in the tank for a leg workout later that day. For all intents and purposes, intense HIIT can be very much like a workout in itself.

22. Quote Originally Posted by max silver View Post
    Do you feel that you are able to perform HIIT and a leg workout in the same day without negatively affecting the leg workout? I know for me personally, that if I were to perfrom HIIT in the morning I would have very little left in the tank for a leg workout later that day. For all intents and purposes, intense HIIT can be very much like a workout in itself.
    yeah....the most im gonna do is maybe a 3 sets of low weight squats.....thats all..

23. Alright...so far for the stacks i have to choose from...this is what i have come up with:

Stack 1

Venom Tri-lean
    Thyrotabs
    Sesathin Liquid
    Lipoderm Ultra
    AP

Stack 2

Scorch Remix
    Vaporize (maybe)
    Thyrotabs (didnt see a problem)
    AP
    Sesathin Liquid
    Lipoderm Ultra
    Yohimbine HCL

Other Staple supps: Posiedon, Super Cissus, omega-3, Opti-men Multi will be run with both stacks also

Now....with the second stack...im not sure if having Vaporize and then Sesathin and fish oils all in it is a little over kill... was kinda debating on either taking Vaporize out or maybe tweaking the dosages and keep everything in.

Also...I dont see any problem with running Thyrotabs with stack 2 either. any opinions are welcomed.

Still working on a 3rd stack...but the field of supps that seem reputable is slowly dwindling....its consisting of Stim-X at the moment..and just have to work from there...

24. LD Ultra already has some Yohimbine in it. Might look at dropping the HCL in stack 2, don't really think the addition of extra Yohimbine would be of any benefit or not. As for which one to go with, well they both have pretty much the same thing, minus tri-lean w/ the vap & scorch. I'd say either or is good, and just go with the one that won't make your wallet cry as much.

By the way, when you get to 30min of HIIT cardio you'll officially be my hero.

25. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    LD Ultra already has some Yohimbine in it. Might look at dropping the HCL in stack 2, don't really think the addition of extra Yohimbine would be of any benefit or not. As for which one to go with, well they both have pretty much the same thing, minus tri-lean w/ the vap & scorch. I'd say either or is good, and just go with the one that won't make your wallet cry as much.

By the way, when you get to 30min of HIIT cardio you'll officially be my hero.
    ok....thanks for the info....do you think taking sesathin and omega-3's with vaporize is ok?? or is it a little overkill on the EFA's???

I know how potent the tri-lean system is....but i was looking for something better if possible.....and if you say that they both pretty similar, then i guess i will go with the one that is not so heafty on the price.

I have 2 supps in the 3rd stack choice already, Sim-x and H.E.A.T. stack. i read a few threads saying that the stim x is for the energy and the heat is for the thermo and stacked they are awsome....probably gonna add the same stuff to this that i have in the other 2 stacks.

Oh...btw.....yeah...ill be suprised if i get 30 minutes of that type of HIIT cardio myself, with the 40/30 split.....whew

26. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    Day 4

WOW.....today i did my HIIT cardio at a 40/30 split like workin suggested and .......well....it was Freakin crazy....lol....i was going to try and do 30 min...but only managed 20.....it was crazy...hehe also did a 3 minute cool down (which is normally not that long) but i needed it. i think im gonna like this new Cardio regimen. I must be freakin nuts...i love the workouts that put a wooping on my ass....i hate it when im doing it, but on the other hand..it makes me push harder because i hate it....go figure.....lol

Today will be Trunk and Legs. I hate it...but...its life.
    Great to hear! I get a good buzz off HITT myself...nothings better at releasing endorphins than a strong HITT workout.

As for your question on EFA's...what kind of dosage were you looking at? You want to get about 2-3 grams of EPA/DHA per day from fish oil. The added Sesamin should work very synergisticly with the fish oil. The only down side is your muscles may begin to feel a little flat while on this stack. Once you cycle off the Sesamin however, they should fill out nicely. (this was my experience anyway) The upside is the added fat loss...obviously.

Workin

27. Yep, EFA's are actually recommended to take with Sesamin, as workin said they have a lot of synergistic benefits. Vaporize has both in it already so just shoot for the recommended numbers of sesamin ligans and efa's and you should be good to go. i.e. 2caps of sesamin and 3-4caps of efa's along side the normal dose of vaporize at 3caps/day.

By the way, stim-x and another stim in one stack is something to be careful about, energy is good but you can have to much of a good thing. Just make sure you don't over do it.

28. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Yep, EFA's are actually recommended to take with Sesamin, as workin said they have a lot of synergistic benefits. Vaporize has both in it already so just shoot for the recommended numbers of sesamin ligans and efa's and you should be good to go. i.e. 2caps of sesamin and 3-4caps of efa's along side the normal dose of vaporize at 3caps/day.

By the way, stim-x and another stim in one stack is something to be careful about, energy is good but you can have to much of a good thing. Just make sure you don't over do it.
    ok...so pretty much just take everything normally....take vaporize at recommended....and take sesathin and omega-3 at recommended and everthing should be alright? good deal

as for the heat and stim-x......ive seen like 1 or 2 threads of people doing this....and they havent really had any real negatives....and for me being obviously resistant to most kinds of stims i guess.....i wouldnt think it would be a problem.

prld2gr8ns or workin: any thoughts on which stack may be the most potent out of the 2...i know prld2gr8n said whatever one is less expensive...which is a valid point hehe.....just want to see which one has more of an advantage.

I also just was contacted from Gaspari about another Product they are coming out with called Cytolean. Its supposed to come out in a few weeks and is supposed to be even stronger than their current supp "3rd degree burn" that has got me excited since it seems Gaspari has very potent, very well working products from what i have read.

29. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    ok...so pretty much just take everything normally....take vaporize at recommended....and take sesathin and omega-3 at recommended and everthing should be alright? good deal

as for the heat and stim-x......ive seen like 1 or 2 threads of people doing this....and they havent really had any real negatives....and for me being obviously resistant to most kinds of stims i guess.....i wouldnt think it would be a problem.

prld2gr8ns or workin: any thoughts on which stack may be the most potent out of the 2...i know prld2gr8n said whatever one is less expensive...which is a valid point hehe.....just want to see which one has more of an advantage.

I also just was contacted from Gaspari about another Product they are coming out with called Cytolean. Its supposed to come out in a few weeks and is supposed to be even stronger than their current supp "3rd degree burn" that has got me excited since it seems Gaspari has very potent, very well working products from what i have read.
    StimX seems more potent...but HEAT may be more effective.....hard to say.

Workin

30. Ahh, I misunderstood you mp. I thought you where going to ADD stim x and HEAT to either stack. Didn't see the 3 stack in the making line. As for which would be best I'd say omitt the Venom special tactics in the tri lean stack and throw heat and stim x into #1 and you'll have a really good stack.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 12:28 AM
  2. GH vs. Igf-1 for fat loss...
    By masshole in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 05:05 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 02:53 PM
  4. HIIT: The optimal protocol for fat loss?
    By Lifeguard in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 02:10 PM
  5. Arimidex doses for fat loss?
    By smokinghawk in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 06:22 AM