Mpkonig's Continuing struggle for Fat Loss (Posiedon, X-force and More)

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by HairyLarry35 View Post
    Sorry for posting so much and clouding up your log... I just like to comment a lot :-D

Cut and paste from BB.com:

During 10-15 second bursts, there is a very small amount of lactic acid produced and rest periods of 30 seconds to a minute will provide complete recovery of the Adenosine Triphosphate-Creatine Phosphate (ATP-CP) system. During efforts of more than 10-15 seconds, a large amount of lactic acid is produced and such efforts are extremely taxing on both the athlete's muscles and their Central Nervous System (CNS).
    HIIT during a Cutting Phase:

* 500 Calories under maintenance daily
    * High Protein (40% of total calories)
    * Low Carbs (20% of total calories)
    * High Fat (40% of total calories)

It has been proven in studies that during a low carbohydrate and high fat diet, the oxidation of fat is increased during exercise, especially cardio such as HIIT (more fat is burned). Additionally, fat is a much more highly concentrated source of energy than carbohydrates.

"A review by Hultman (1995) found that during a diet where carbs are restricted and a lot of fat is consumed, up to 70% of the energy requirement (even during high intensity activities) comes from the oxidation of fat (where during a high carbs diet, such activities would derive 80-90% of the energy from glycogen)." (Thibaudeau)

Sample: 2000 Calories Daily
    no problem about the posting..i like learning about shi* and like asking questions myself...so i enjoy all this stuff.

As for the HIIT....so what its saying is that instead of me doing 1 minute high, 2 minutes low..i should do it more in the tune of 15 seconds high...30 seconds low???

2. If I recall, you are on CKD... this would benefit you greatly, especially in the AM. Running in general (either or) will boost metabolism in the morning. HIIT will bring it to the next level, IMHO.

Again, I'm just some guy with an opinion.

HL

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig's
    no problem about the posting..i like learning about shi* and like asking questions myself...so i enjoy all this stuff.

As for the HIIT....so what its saying is that instead of me doing 1 minute high, 2 minutes low..i should do it more in the tune of 15 seconds high...30 seconds low???
    I think variation of HIIT should be used to see what your body responds to best and then vary from time-to-time which forms work best to keep your body guessing.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by HairyLarry35 View Post
    If I recall, you are on CKD... this would benefit you greatly, especially in the AM. Running in general (either or) will boost metabolism in the morning. HIIT will bring it to the next level, IMHO.

Again, I'm just some guy with an opinion.

HL

EDIT:

I think variation of HIIT should be used to see what your body responds to best and then vary from time-to-time which forms work best to keep your body guessing.
    hmm........definetely going to see if the shorter time spans help ...... maybe workin can weigh in on this also. as for length of HIIT....is it still supposed to be a lower time like 20 minutes instead of doing 45 minutes of slow?? or do i or can i move it up to like 30 minutes of HIIT?

4. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    hmm........definetely going to see if the shorter time spans help ...... maybe workin can weigh in on this also. as for length of HIIT....is it still supposed to be a lower time like 20 minutes instead of doing 45 minutes of slow?? or do i or can i move it up to like 30 minutes of HIIT?
    You can do 30 min's of HITT, but, to be honest...if it's done properly, 20 min's is all your going to be able to do without falling over

Remember, when you hit your high points, you should be moving as though you were being pursued by Hillary Clinton...in other words, RUNNING/BIKING/CLIMBING (whatever the activity may be) ALL OUT with nothing held back. When I do HITT, during my high points, people around me think something is seriously wrong because it looks like I'm running for my life...litterally lol!

Workin

5. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    You can do 30 min's of HITT, but, to be honest...if it's done properly, 20 min's is all your going to be able to do without falling over

Remember, when you hit your high points, you should be moving as though you were being pursued by Hillary Clinton...in other words, RUNNING/BIKING/CLIMBING (whatever the activity may be) ALL OUT with nothing held back. When I do HITT, during my high points, people around me think something is seriously wrong because it looks like I'm running for my life...litterally lol!

Workin
    what kind of increments should i be doing....should i do the lower increments like seconds...or should i do higher ....i just did some HIIT today for my cardio this morning and i tried 15 seconds high..30 seconds low...and it didnt seem like it was doing much cardio wise...so i jumped it to 30 seconds high..30 seconds low and it seemed to work much better....any thoughts would be helpful.

EDIT: Im also doing my cardio on an eliptical...so going really fast is kinda hard without sacrificing form, but i do increase the resistance on my eliptical when i do HIIT just for the extra work it takes.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    what kind of increments should i be doing....should i do the lower increments like seconds...or should i do higher ....i just did some HIIT today for my cardio this morning and i tried 15 seconds high..30 seconds low...and it didnt seem like it was doing much cardio wise...so i jumped it to 30 seconds high..30 seconds low and it seemed to work much better....any thoughts would be helpful.

EDIT: Im also doing my cardio on an eliptical...so going really fast is kinda hard without sacrificing form, but i do increase the resistance on my eliptical when i do HIIT just for the extra work it takes.
    A 40/30 split (30 being the rest period) would be good on a treadmill. HITT is tough to do in a gym. You really need to get into an open area outside or in an indoor track if possible. The intensity is MUCH greater IMHO.

Workin

7. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    A 40/30 split (30 being the rest period) would be good on a treadmill. HITT is tough to do in a gym. You really need to get into an open area outside or in an indoor track if possible. The intensity is MUCH greater IMHO.

Workin
    ok..i will try the 40/30 split....i may be a large guy...but ive always had a good endurance factor for cardio (plus i smoked for several years in my youth..much smarter now) ill try and get out of the house and do my HIIT training then....for now i will just use my nordic track eliptical in my garage until i can map a good place to run....thank you for the advice

8. Alright....im still doing research on the stack i want to run for my final 4 weeks of my 12 week cycle.(may be longer)

im finding it kinda hard to get an accurate account of what works for bigger endomorph guys who may have problems with supps working on them. Unfortunately all the exciting ones are not out yet (Avant Rebirth, New Heat stack, etc.) so as i research and get info on certain supps im looking at...im compiling a few stacks that are possibilities

These are:

Tri-lean stack with Thyrotabs, Liquid Sesamin, Posiedon, maybe throw in some lipoderm ultra , AP

Thyrotabs/3rd degree burn stack with sesamin, posiedon+, AP

H.E.A.T. stack (if i can find it), AP

these are just a few of the Base stacks im looking into ....the website has been geared alot lately towards bulking and lean bulking and im finding it hard to find threads (recent ones) that have fat loss stacks/products in them for me to research.

I need something potent....hence the tri-lean system, it whooped my ass for the 28 days i used it in may of last year...but im always looking for something better hence the addition of thyrotabs instead of thyrogen-x. Ive seen alot of awsome feedback on thyrotabs and i am really excited about them.

So pretty much i looking for something as potent...if not more potent than the tri-lean system...which ive got a feeling is gonna be hard to achieve If i cant really put together anything better than the first stack i listed...i guess i will do the tri-lean again, was a little concerned on some of the minor sides it had, but everything subsided during the cycle or after the discontinuation of it.

i have my diet dialed in (ckd) and my workout regimen, so all i need now is something potent to get my ass kicked into overdrive. Realizing slowly that im a non-responder to a point (having to double or triple dose things in order to feel anything or see results) ive been on a quest to find supps that i dont need to double or triple dose.

my first 4 weeks i saw a 10lb loss and about 1 inch off my waist which is not too shabby...hopefully this 2nd 4 weeks will be just as successful if not more.

hopefully the last 4 weeks (if going with the tri-lean system) will be as successful as my last cycle with the tri-lean (something like 24lbs in 28 days and 2 inches off waist) granted most of that weight came off in the first week and was mostly water....but still at the end of the cycle...the last 2 weeks i was losing 2 to 4 lbs a week..which is awsome.

well..thats my thoughts....i feel that if i type things out i can better judge what i am saying and make decisions more efficently.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    ok..i will try the 40/30 split....i may be a large guy...but ive always had a good endurance factor for cardio (plus i smoked for several years in my youth..much smarter now) ill try and get out of the house and do my HIIT training then....for now i will just use my nordic track eliptical in my garage until i can map a good place to run....thank you for the advice
    My pleasure. Keep me updated on your progress

Workin

10. Day 3

20 minutes fasted HIIT cardio

Today was chest and shoulders......again..another great workout....i really havent felt like this working out in a long time. also...noticed today some pretty insane pumps...dont know if the posiedon or super cissus attributes to muscle pumps...but its more than what i got from just using AP....so...AP and something else in my stack gives great pumps...i cant imagine what would have happened if i wasnt on CKD...my muscles would probably explode lol...

Thoughts: Still feeling good..usually when i do 2 muscle groups a day..i feel beat up through the second half of the workout....its just not the case anymore..and i love it.

11. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    Day 3

20 minutes fasted HIIT cardio

Today was chest and shoulders......again..another great workout....i really havent felt like this working out in a long time. also...noticed today some pretty insane pumps...dont know if the posiedon or super cissus attributes to muscle pumps...but its more than what i got from just using AP....so...AP and something else in my stack gives great pumps...i cant imagine what would have happened if i wasnt on CKD...my muscles would probably explode lol...

Thoughts: Still feeling good..usually when i do 2 muscle groups a day..i feel beat up through the second half of the workout....its just not the case anymore..and i love it.
    Great to hear! I get great pumps on Poseidon as well. Try mixing Poseidon with your favorite NO booster and your favorite type of creatine. (I just use AAKG and Creatine Mono) The pumps are really entertaining :bb2:

Workin

12. Are you sure fasted HIIT is the way to be going cardio wise? That would seem to me to be a good way to burn up muscle mass, which is enemy number 1 when looking to lose bodyfat. I think you'd be much better served with a small meal of some sort before you do your HIIT, at the very least have a protein shake beforehand to get some aminos circulating in your system.

13. Quote Originally Posted by max silver View Post
    Are you sure fasted HIIT is the way to be going cardio wise? That would seem to me to be a good way to burn up muscle mass, which is enemy number 1 when looking to lose bodyfat. I think you'd be much better served with a small meal of some sort before you do your HIIT, at the very least have a protein shake beforehand to get some aminos circulating in your system.
    well....ive been doing fasted cardio for a while now....and i havent really lost any muscle....even when i was on the tri-lean system and doing fasted cardio...i didnt loose hardly any LBM....so i dont know if im the exception or what....

14. Quote Originally Posted by max silver View Post
    Are you sure fasted HIIT is the way to be going cardio wise? That would seem to me to be a good way to burn up muscle mass, which is enemy number 1 when looking to lose bodyfat. I think you'd be much better served with a small meal of some sort before you do your HIIT, at the very least have a protein shake beforehand to get some aminos circulating in your system.
    IF your diet is dead on...and I mean perfect...fasted HITT training is VERY effective at burning body fat while maintaining muscle mass. Most people won't have the discipline required to diet properly for this type of training and may very well end up burning muscle. I would still stick to HITT cardio in a fasted state one day per week however...even if your diet isn't spot on.

Workin

15. Different strokes for different folks

16. i guess so hairy.....whats your take on fasted HIIT cardio???

im just speaking from my personal experiences...ive done fasted cardio almost on every cycle ive ever done....ive done it on the tri-lean with just taking 2 venoms 30 minutes before hand (which i guess your not supposed to take them on an empty stomach but i had no ill effects from this) and didnt lose really anything on my body...i leaned up really well...so i do not know if its a case by case thing about burning LBM when doing any kind of fasted cardio.

BTW, Working, is that you in your avatar???

17. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    i guess so hairy.....whats your take on fasted HIIT cardio???

im just speaking from my personal experiences...ive done fasted cardio almost on every cycle ive ever done....ive done it on the tri-lean with just taking 2 venoms 30 minutes before hand (which i guess your not supposed to take them on an empty stomach but i had no ill effects from this) and didnt lose really anything on my body...i leaned up really well...so i do not know if its a case by case thing about burning LBM when doing any kind of fasted cardio.

BTW, Working, is that you in your avatar???
    Yep, that is me in my avatar mpkonig

Everyone is different and will respond differently to certain types of training. I knew a guy that trained 2 hours per day with weights, 6 days per week, hitting each muscle group 2-3 times per week, and was completely NATURAL! One would think he would be over training... just a little, lol... but he looked amazing! Huge, shredded and well proportioned. Now if I trained like that, I would get no where. My point...While we all operate by similar principals and rules of thumb...we are all different and can expect different results with different methods.

You being an endo mpkonig, I'm sure you respond very well to fasted cardio, especially when your diet is in check, as you said it was. If you were an ecto, you may not. If your lucky enough to be a perfect Meso...well...who cares, we all hate them anyway ...Trial and error guys ;-) HL said it best, different strokes for different folks!

Workin

18. I have a love/hate relationship with HIIT. I've my fair share of morning practices back in my wrestling and football days that realllllllllly shreded me. We did something called "hollow sprints" where you would jog the curves and sprint the straight aways on a two hundred meter track. That would go on for 25-30 minutes. Shortly after, we would have relays with sprints over the entire 200 meters so we could compete against each other. Now-a-days, I rotate stairs and sprinting on the boardwalk/jogging with extended slow cardio. I feel the former aspect gives more results than the latter.

At any rate, HIIT several days a week is wonderful for fat loss. BCAAs before and after working out is a necessity for muscle prevservation (I have a protein drink after, too). Keep going with weight training and eating properly (perhaps a bit more protein from whole foods on HIIT days).

Tri lean is the ****, and I also took two HD a day. Make sure you eat ENOUGH with the hunger curving properties of the system. Keep tons of fiber going, low GI carbs for low insulin spike, and use fitday to calculate cals. You'll see results in no time 8-)

HL

19. Quote Originally Posted by HairyLarry35 View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with HIIT. I've my fair share of morning practices back in my wrestling and football days that realllllllllly shreded me. We did something called "hollow sprints" where you would jog the curves and sprint the straight aways on a two hundred meter track. That would go on for 25-30 minutes. Shortly after, we would have relays with sprints over the entire 200 meters so we could compete against each other. Now-a-days, I rotate stairs sprinting on the boardwalk/jogging with extended slow cardio. I feel the former aspect gives more results than the latter.

At any rate, HIIT several days a week is wonderful for fat loss. BCAAs before and after working out is a necessity for muscle prevservation (I have a protein drink after, too). Keep going with weight training and eating properly (perhaps a bit more protein from whole foods on HIIT days).

Tri lean is the ****, and I also took two HD a day. Make sure you eat ENOUGH with the hunger curving properties of the system. Keep tons of fiber going, low GI carbs for low insulin spike, and use fitday to calculate cals. You'll see results in no time 8-)

HL
    Great info as always

Workin

20. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Yep, that is me in my avatar mpkonig

Everyone is different and will respond differently to certain types of training. I knew a guy that trained 2 hours per day with weights, 6 days per week, hitting each muscle group 2-3 times per week, and was completely NATURAL! One would think he would be over training... just a little, lol... but he looked amazing! Huge, shredded and well proportioned. Now if I trained like that, I would get no where. My point...While we all operate by similar principals and rules of thumb...we are all different and can expect different results with different methods.

You being an endo mpkonig, I'm sure you respond very well to fasted cardio, especially when your diet is in check, as you said it was. If you were an ecto, you may not. If your lucky enough to be a perfect Meso...well...who cares, we all hate them anyway ...Trial and error guys ;-) HL said it best, different strokes for different folks!

Workin
    Damn your sexy...errr..ummm.. .i mean...damn...you look badass....ahh.....to know that i probably will NEVER get to be anywhere close to that....kinda sucks but ive faced that reality a long time ago..hehe..unless i get some gear and start doing it full throttle.

Yeah...im hoping the change in Cardio in the morning will help shock my body into some more weight loss...ive been doing the slow cardio for too long and it time to switch it up anyways....

21. Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    Damn your sexy...errr..ummm.. .i mean...damn...you look badass....ahh.....to know that i probably will NEVER get to be anywhere close to that....kinda sucks but ive faced that reality a long time ago..hehe..unless i get some gear and start doing it full throttle.

Yeah...im hoping the change in Cardio in the morning will help shock my body into some more weight loss...ive been doing the slow cardio for too long and it time to switch it up anyways....
    Thanks bro...in a very heterosexual way...LOL!

No need for steroids, just hard work and dedication. Sounds like your gifted with both and I look forward to your progress

Workin

22. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    Thanks bro...in a very heterosexual way...LOL!

No need for steroids, just hard work and dedication. Sounds like your gifted with both and I look forward to your progress

Workin
    LOL.....thanks...

23. Ahhh, theres a lot of love in here.LOL

Mpkonig, you have an excellent base going for the start of a cut. What you have in mind, you CAN achieve my friend. Keep up the hard work.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

24. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Ahhh, theres a lot of love in here.LOL

Mpkonig, you have an excellent base going for the start of a cut. What you have in mind, you CAN achieve my friend. Keep up the hard work.
    thanks man...i appreciate the support.

25. Day 4

WOW.....today i did my HIIT cardio at a 40/30 split like workin suggested and .......well....it was Freakin crazy....lol....i was going to try and do 30 min...but only managed 20.....it was crazy...hehe also did a 3 minute cool down (which is normally not that long) but i needed it. i think im gonna like this new Cardio regimen. I must be freakin nuts...i love the workouts that put a wooping on my ass....i hate it when im doing it, but on the other hand..it makes me push harder because i hate it....go figure.....lol

Today will be Trunk and Legs. I hate it...but...its life.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 12:28 AM
  2. GH vs. Igf-1 for fat loss...
    By masshole in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 05:05 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 02:53 PM
  4. HIIT: The optimal protocol for fat loss?
    By Lifeguard in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 02:10 PM
  5. Arimidex doses for fat loss?
    By smokinghawk in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 06:22 AM