AP and WMS Log

heavywe1ght

Awards
Introduction:
Been hanging out here for awhile, thought I’d might as well log my AP/WMS trial.

I’ll post some introductory stuff here and follow up later with more details. I’ll be turning 40 in May and have been working since last April to get in the best shape possible. Back then I was 250 lbs of pure fat. I work full time and go to school and have a family. I was working my way to a heart attack, and needed to change like NOW.

So, I did about 200 hours of reading on exercise and supplements. First I added some basics, like ATW Isolate, Fish Oil/Flax Caps, Multi-Pro 32X vitamins, I think that’s about it. I started eating a high protein/low carb diet with weekly refeeds. Then I picked some routines with large compound exercises, dead lifts, squats, etc. Been doing this since last May for some decent results:

Stats:
Male
39 Years Old
5’11”
230 lbs (a lot of recomp)

So here I am approaching the big 40 and I’m determined to be the Strongest (insert favorite expletive here) around here (not here here, but where I am). I need to put on some more muscle while losing some more fat. I was originally considering doing JW with a thermogenic compound, but decided to first give AP a try. After reading about some positive interactions adding WMS to AP, I ordered some of that as well.

I have my AP (the new stuff) and will have to find other carbs till the WMS gets here. I will be trying to keep my same diet, while adding some carbs to the AP feedings. I’ll be drinking somewhere between a gallon and a gallon and a half of water a day, and have three weeks to go on my current CW Total Body Training program. After that I’ll have to pick another routine, just want to lift heavy!

I’ll be starting the AP today (off day) and will log what I’m eating once I enter it into the computer and get all the details.

Oh, and this is a non-sponsored – no spin zone log. I plan to tell it exactly as I see it and let the anabolic chips fall where they may.

heavywe1ght

Awards
First Day

Well, like I said earlier, today is an off day. I had AP this morning 15 min. before breakfast (7:30). I'm used to no carbs, so will have to wing it till my WMS gets here. Today I had a homemade protein bar (protein powder, natty pb, honey, oats), with a glass of skim milk, about 45 grams of carbs. Felt a little lethargic after an hour, so I hit a little ECA. Got busy at work and missed my first snack, which sucked! 1 AP 15. min. before lunch which consisted of a bowl of wheaties with a cup of skim milk, (59g carbs) followed by three scoops of ATW Isolate. Chocolate Orange, yummm. Was falling alseep in class an hour later, another ECA. Dinner will be mongolian BBQ, dinner out with the wife. Im going to eat half a Bison!! I'll add some rice for carbs I guess.

Tomorow is AM workout, I'll break it down when I get a chance afterwards!

heavywe1ght

Awards
Day One (well, first workout day)

Well, today started off pretty well. I was up early for my 7:00 workout. Took AP 15 min before my homemade protein bar. Felt pretty good at the Gym, nothing unusual. Today was week five day three on CWs Total Body Training which looked like this.

Squats= 255 for 2 X 12
Good Mornings 115 for 2 X 12
Decline BB Bench Press 60s for 2 X 12
Pronated Pull Ups 2 X 12
Calf Extension machine 345 for 2 X12

Seems like Im forgeting something, but thats basically it. My diet was good though I still struggeling with adding carbs. This morning I had a protein bar and a cup of milk. Had good carbs 15 min after dosing post workout. Im making sure to get ast least 60 grams of carbs after each does. I am still, however, getting major lethargy, almost like I can't stay awake. Anyone have any ideas? Well, my wms should be here wed and I can't wait to get it!

After workout this morning I took my AP then 15 min later started the carbs, now I usually have just protien after workout, then carbs an hour later. How does eat with respect to carbs and protien post workout?

Well, a couple more off days till my next gym day on Tuesday.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
wms is a great you will like it alot. also why are you eating a protein bar for breakfast? you would be better off mixing whole oats milk and whey in the blender. i would save the protein bars as a last resort if your going to be late on your next meal.

heavywe1ght

Awards
Thanks Qunic, the protein bar is actually just (protein powder, natty pb, honey, oats) that I mixed up and squished together.

Sunday

Today and tomorrow are off days, though a weird thing happened today. I took AP this morning with 100grams of carbs, because I wanted to make sure I did not fall asleep in church. 60 grams of carbs had been making me sleepy! 100 grams did the trick. I felt a little headach at first, then after about an hour, I felt pretty good. After two hours, I'm sitting in church, not moving or anything, and I start feeling my arms tighten up. They are getting pumped and I'm just sitting there. So I start trying to inconspiciously trying to curl my bible and I get even more of a pump. It was so funny I was trying not to laugh. People must have thought I was coo-coo.

Question:

So tonight I had a cup of oats with 2 scoops of Protein isolate for dinner. It was fast, easy and gave me 100g of carbs, but YIKES, 700 calories with 10g of fat. How am I NOT going to get fat eating like this? (I should not have had lunch out with friends today :nono: )

oh, BTW, the squats and deads are starting to pay off. I bumped into this big heavy guy walking around the corner today and he bounced off me. Shoudda seen his face:blink:

I'm sitting in church, not moving or anything, and I start feeling my arms tighten up. They are getting pumped and I'm just sitting there. So I start trying to inconspiciously trying to curl my bible and I get even more of a pump. It was so funny I was trying not to laugh. People must have thought I was coo-coo.
:
:icon_lol:

I do the same but no so inconspiciously! Please contact me at [email protected].

thank you

heavywe1ght

Awards
Monday,

Another off day, can't wait to get into the gym tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty normal. I learned some important stuff today about AP and carbs though.

7:15 AP
7:30 1 cup oats in 2 scoops ATW isolate. (60g carbs, 40 pro)
10:00 snack, 4 ounces chedder
11:45 AP
12:00 1 cup oats in 2 scoops ATW isolate. (60g carbs, 40 pro)
2:00 4 ounces beef jerkey
5:15 AP
5:30 8 oz Chicken, baked potato, cup spinich.
8:00 2 scoops ATW, perhaps a little milk to thiken it up.

Anyway, I learned that the drowsey feeling is not, in my case, from lack of enough carbs, rather, from too many sugars and short GI carbs. Switching to OATs has helped mucho. I guess when my WMS gets here, I'll take it PW and at least one meal a day will be either oats or brown rice.

Any Thoughts?

heavywe1ght

Awards
Tuesday, Week 1

Well, today was my workout day, and basically it sucked. It was not the AP, I was just not there. I'm going to switch routines next week as I'm really not liking the low sets/high reps of the last part of this program. Today was 2 set of 18 reps of squats, BB lunges, bent over row, flat DB bench, BB curls and calf raises. Basically I went too heavy on the squats and just felt sick the rest of the workout.

The good news, however, is I did feel more than the usual pump in my legs. I did not feel it anywhere else, but then again, I was too busy trying not to pass out. Stupid rookie mistake. Gotta go find a better routine for next week. Wed. is sets of 8 reps so that will be alot better.

Oh, on a diet note, Mixing protein powder with grits instead of oats, um, not a good idea. :icon_lol:

heavywe1ght

Awards
Thursday,

Got my WMS yesterday! :woohoo:

This morning I had 65g of WMS yeilding about 62 g of carbs, 15 min. after AP dosing. WOW!! I practically RAN to the gym, felt great, had a great workout. I added weight in everything, but I think it was just because I felt so energetic. I did not feel any great pumps, but had a great workout.

After WO, I came home and 15 min after AP had 60 g of ATW Isolate with 65 g of WMS. Felt great, good energy. I think there is going to be alot of synergy between these two supps!

Oh, and I'm also trying to lose some fat around the mid-section, so I was happy to see that I was down two pounds this morning!!:clap2:

jlyon5

Awards
Thank you, didnt know what it was. So you take it with the ap for the carbs?

heavywe1ght

Awards
Back - New Father

Oh, to the previous post, yes, I'm using WMS to get the necessary carbs for AP. They work great together so far.

3-5-07

I'm back after a few days away, Sorry, My wife delivered our daughter last Sun. and its been a crazy week. The sleep depriviation lowered my resistance and I got sick. Fun. Took the week off from the gym. Went in Sat. and started a new Routine, going to do a West Side program, still working on the tweaks, but I'm really jacked about this program. This morning was DE Bench, felt great. I had a great pump on all lifts, and felt strong.

6:00 AP
6:15 WMS 65g yeilding aprox 60g carbs.
6:30 Workout
7:30 AP
7:45 WMS 65g + 2 scoops ATW Isolate.
10:00 Snack 4 oz White Cheese
11:30 Lunch 2.5 Scoops ATW Isolate + 1 Cup Carbs
2:00 Snack 4oz dry roasted peanuts
5:30 AP
5:45 Dinner Mandrian Orange Chicken w/Rice
8:00 Snack??

Thats about it. I'm supposed to be getting some PowerFULL in the mail soon that I will prob. add to this psuedo-stack when it arrives. It will be intresting to notice the difference with and without the additional supp.

Tomorrow is Box Squats :squat: I can't wait!!

heavywe1ght

Awards
Leg Day

Today was ME Deadlift, not squats like I thought. I've got a long way to go with the weight, I was only able to do 340 for 3 reps. Did dumbell lunges with 120lbs for 2X3 and other things that I can't remember. Workout went well, felt strong. My diet was kinda messed up last week with the new baby on the scene. I'm going to tighten down this week, :food:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the baby girl! :thumbsup: God bless her!

Your calories look pretty low for 230. How many cals are you eating and what are the macros?

Even with the extra cals from carbs for AP, you should be at BARE minimum 10X BW in cals and more like 12X. If you are not already, go to www.fitday.com. You can track your food intake there.

Just my 2 cents :D

heavywe1ght

Awards
Day off and Diet

Thanks TheWillMan, That was an unusual day actually my problem has been the reverse. With the new baby, everyone is bringing food over to the house. :hot: I'm getting too much food. Yesterday, for example, my SIL made potato soup with heavy cream and avacado, FOR LUNCH, then a neighbor brought over some red/white (blush?) sauce italian dish for dinner. AAARRRGGGHHH! So I've actually gained a few bad pounds in the last week that I've got to tighten down on. As for tracking it, I've been using a product called crosstrainer that works very well. My macros are usually much better, I think it was just the temporary insanity brought on by the new baby and all the food bearing visitors. I appriciate the encouragement though and will get my diet back on track starting today. (unless someone shows up with mexican!!):blink:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A new addition can break any man's discipline down, and it's well worth it. Good to see your motivated enough to stay with it heavy, keep up the hard work.

heavywe1ght

Awards
New Addition

Thanks prld2gr8ns, Motivation is never a problem, with my school and work schedule, if I did not lift, I'd die of a heart attack or stroke within a couple years. Its a great stress releiver for me as well as keeping the body fit. Ok, its also nice to look good naked.
:dance:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks TheWillMan, That was an unusual day actually my problem has been the reverse. With the new baby, everyone is bringing food over to the house. :hot: I'm getting too much food. Yesterday, for example, my SIL made potato soup with heavy cream and avacado, FOR LUNCH, then a neighbor brought over some red/white (blush?) sauce italian dish for dinner. AAARRRGGGHHH! So I've actually gained a few bad pounds in the last week that I've got to tighten down on. As for tracking it, I've been using a product called crosstrainer that works very well. My macros are usually much better, I think it was just the temporary insanity brought on by the new baby and all the food bearing visitors. I appriciate the encouragement though and will get my diet back on track starting today. (unless someone shows up with mexican!!):blink:
Well, there is a time and a season for everything. Enjoy celebrating your new child with your friends and family! :woohoo:

Mmmmmm....mexican!!!! :food:

heavywe1ght

Awards
Thursday - ME Bench

So today was ME Bench and I did pretty well (for me). I was able to bench 250 for 1, then 2, then 3 reps, which was a PR. I felt good, nice pump. I woke up very tired and the WMS really helps get me going in the morning. I've def. put on a few pounds with all the high calorie meals flooding our place. I've told my wife that she is going to have to deal with throwing food away, cause we have people bringing us meals every other day for a month! I don't care what shows up next week, Im not eating it unless its brioled skinless breast and steamed spinich, or something like that. I ordered 4 more pounds of WMS, that is a good sign that I'm really liking this product. I'm pretty sure that after I get my diet cleaned up next week, the AP/WMS combo will really start producing some decent results.