Bludevils Replenish Log

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Received my tub of Replenish today. Regretably, today is an off day for training so tomorrow will be the start.

For those of you who don't know what Replenish is, here's a quick recap -

Designer Supplements Replenish
replenish_nutrition.gif

I will be reviewing Replenish on the following 6 criteria:

1. Taste -
2. Mixability -
3. Texture -
4. Filling -
5. Recovery -
6. Muscle Fullness -

While today is an off day, I couldn't help myself in sampling the taste. Just a little history on myself, my PWO shake consists of Choc. Whey Protein, 1.5 scoops of whole oats and BCAA's. That's it, nothing fancy but it works for me. To say the least, I'm extremely happy to have a shake that has a fruity flavor just for a change. Replenish is watermelon flavored. While I didn't fix a shake, I did wet and dip my finger to taste. I was pleased with the taste as it was not overly fruity and while it had a little aftertaste (not bad at all), it was quite pleasant.

So far so good. Also, I would like to thank DS for giving me this opportunity to test out a solid looking product.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
2/7/07 -

Before I post my thoughts on my 1st serving of Replenish, I thought I would add some more relevant data about my diet, training, supp usage, etc...

Supps currently taking -
ON Whey Protein
Basic Cuts (Pre W/O boost)
Multi
Fish Oil
BCAA's

Diet - I'm not really on a specific diet, but generally low carbing it with low GI foods. Here's a document that lists the foods I consume
View attachment shoppinglist.doc

Training - Right now I'm doing the following routine alternating Workout A and B from week to week. All grouped exercises are supersets with 1 minute RI between sets. Currently I'm doing Workout A this week.

Workout A
Monday
Front Squat - 4 sets of 5-7 reps
BB Row- 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Bench Press - 4 sets of 5-7 reps
Good Morning - 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Chin Ups - 4 sets of 5-7 reps
DB Push Press - 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Tuesday
DB Step Ups - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Hammer curl to press overhead - 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Single arm db row - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
incline db bench press - 3 sets of 10-12 reps

pullover to tri ext - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
romanian deadlift - 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Wed - Off

Thursday
BB Row - 4 sets of 5-7 reps

Friday - Basketball
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

Workout B
Monday

Tuesdsay

Wed - Off

Thursday

Friday - Basketball
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

Ok, on to more important stuff, what my intitial thought of Replenish was
On a scale of 1 - 10 (1 being awful, 10 being wonerful)
Taste - 8 (I liked the taste but it did have a slight artificial flavor. Nothing overpowering but it was there. Overall though, it was pleasant to drink and a welcomed change from regular Choc Protein flavor.

Mixibility - 7 (I used a shaker cup. While their were no visible clumps and product seemed to mix rather easily, their was considerable foaminess. Found that sipping and gradually adding more water took care of this issue).

Texture - 10 (Texture was very nice given oat fiber is present, so some grittiness was to be expected. A lot better than the whole oats I'm used to consuming in my regular PWO shake).

Filling - 8 (Rather filling although I think a lot of it came from the amount of water needed to consume beverage, for me it was 24oz for desired taste.)

Recovery - N/A (I'm putting N/A here for the 1st day because I'm basing this criteria on how I feel tomorrow regarding DOMS, energy, drive in the gym, etc..)

Muscle Fullness - 5 (I'm just going to put a 5 for right now meaning average. It's hard to say if my muscles are more full or not just after 1 dose. I'm not going to much emphasis on this criteria until after 5 to 7 days.)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
2/8

Today's workout consisted of the following

Today's workout was very solid, extremely pleased.

Interesting side notes - I just finished an NHA cycle last week. I experienced nice strength gains while on cycle, but strength is still increasing this week. All exercise poundages went up today.
Also, my 2 year old son had his tonsils and adenoids removed 2 weeks ago and hasn't slept for more that 2 consecutive hours since the surgery. Last night he FINALLY slept through the night and I must say I felt like a new man this morning with 7 solid hours of sleep under my belt.

Taste - 8 (I added more water than yesterday and it seemed to decrease the slight artificial flavor. Very solid flavoring scheme as I've taken some of the ingredients in bulk and know they have a nasty taste.)

Mixibility - 7 (Will probably bump this up in my final review as I've found with the addition of 4 simethicone drops before shaking, results in no foam. Also, no clumps were present).

Texture - 10 (This will pretty much stay the same from here on out).

Filling - 8

Recovery - 9 (While I don't know if I felt like a new man in the gym because of the sleep or Replenish, their was a noticable decrease in RI's between exercises and energy was present throughout w/o.)

Muscle Fullness - 5 (I'm just going to put a 5 for right now meaning average. It's hard to say if my muscles are more full or not just after 1 dose. I'm not going to much emphasis on this criteria until after 5 to 7 days.)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
2/9

Training = competitive basketball

Things I noticed today, while everyone was running at full speed at the start of the game, by the end of the game I seemed to be the only that still had anything left in the tank. This was nice as I got a lot of easy fast break points. While I consider myself in decent cardio shape, I seemed to have more endurance than normal. The only thing different from today than any other day was the consumption of Replenish 45 minutes before the game. I believe the addition of Citulline Malate, CEE and Recovery Matrix (BCAA's) helped in this regard.

I'm going to hold off on commenting on the 6 criteria I'm using to judge Replenish until my final review. This will help in reducing repetiveness of each post.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates, but here's the final synopsis.

Scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being awful and 10 being awesome.

Taste - 8.5 (Took me a couple of days to find the sweet spot regarding the amount of water to add. To little will result in artificial taste and too much obviously tastes watered down. I found 20oz to be best for my taste buds. Taste was not specifically watermelon but a mixture of berry/watermelon. I thoroughly liked the taste and looked forward to drinking it after workouts.)

Mixibility - 7.5 ( Was a little foamy for my taste but this is to be expected with isolates. Found that 4 simethicone drops took care of this problem. Other than the foam, it mixed rather easily in a shaker cup. Also stirred with a spoon with no issues.)

Texture - 9 ( While some reviewers state it's a little on the gritty side, due to the oat fiber, I liked it. Don't know if it's just a mental thing or not, but I liked having some texture in my shake as it makes me think I'm consuming food and not just drinking a beverage.)

Filling - 8 (Shake was above average for staving off hunger.)

Recovery - 9.5 ( I think this is the best aspect of Replenish. At the beginning of my log I was not dieting and consuming surplus calories. While I was never tired or lacked motivation in the gym I couldn't really see that big of a difference while consuming Replenish. In the last 2 weeks I've started dieting with reduced calories and I can definately tell a difference now. Usually while dieting, strength, motivation and dedication all decline but while consuming Replenish this hasn't happend this go-round. I did have a bad day yesterday in the gym with lack of strength and motivation but I think it had more part of lack of sleep than anything else.)

Muscle Fullness - 7.5 ( Thought Replenish did a nice job on this aspect as well. Body measurements have been stable so far even while dieting, so that's a good thing. While diet and training is the biggest factor, I can't help but think Replenish is playing a role in this as well with CEE and CM added in supp profile.)

Overall thoughts are, Replenish is a very good PWO shake. It's a little pricey for my wallet but if you only take it on lifting days it will last around 30 days which is the standard. While a PWO shake is no magic pill for size and strength, I don't think anyone would be dissapointed in purchasing it and I would definately say it delivers on all promises.

Would like to thank Designer Supplements once again for giving me the chance to try out a quality supplement.

brassmonkey

Awards
I've been using the Replenish for about 3 weeks now. I am using 2 scoops (1 serving) plus 2 tbs. Xtend, 1 scoop WMS and 40oz. water. I usually drink half during the workout and half after. I like it so far, but after seeing the ingredient profile and price of Universal's Torrent, I will probably purchase that next. Good luck with your log.