Poseidon-first impressions

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay guy's just got my poseidon today and have so far taken 2 of the grand total 3 for the day. Just wanted to give a little bit of my first impression with it so far.

So, to start off lets describe my day so far. Woke up this morning at around 6 o'clock(went to bed around 12:00, so yep I was tired but wided eyed). I went to the local walley world, did my grocery shopping for the week and then went to my post office to pick up my package. Got the poseidon and mixed one scoop into some aquafina and drunk it up. Now note at this time I had a slight headache from the lack of sleep and a major brain fog going on when it came to clear thoughts and concentration(this comes into play later).

About 5-10 minutes later as I was driving thru town I started getting the slight tingle sensations that niacin is known to do, and thought "well at least it's working now". Went down to some friends of mine and just starting chatting and shooting the bull about politics and other things. It was about this time I noticed that my headache was gone and that my mind was actually clear and thinking rather freely(about an hour after taking my first serving). I knew more about Hillary then I thought I did.

The energy I've gotten so far is subtle but it's there. It's really more or less of a sense of all around acuitiy, and lack of fatigue then anything. I usually like to spend my weekends just lying around and doing more or less nothing unless something comes up, but so far I've found my self doing those nonsensical things you think you may do but never get around to it. I drove an hour to my favorite shoe outlet, as I've been needing some new workout and running shoes and bought some cool ADIDAS shoes. Came back home, took my second serving and did some cooking, cleaning and now sitting here typing this stuff up.

So in summary, so far it's been pleasant. I'm not going to add much into it as it's just half way thru the first day. I just though this might be helpful to some of you guys and figured I'd let you know whats going on so far. The true test will come in time, to see if the difference is marked over long term use or not.

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Subscribed. Thanks for reviewing this...I should be getting mine next week.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Okay guy's just got my poseidon today and have so far taken 2 of the grand total 3 for the day. Just wanted to give a little bit of my first impression with it so far.

So, to start off lets describe my day so far. Woke up this morning at around 6 o'clock(went to bed around 12:00, so yep I was tired but wided eyed). I went to the local walley world, did my grocery shopping for the week and then went to my post office to pick up my package. Got the poseidon and mixed one scoop into some aquafina and drunk it up. Now note at this time I had a slight headache from the lack of sleep and a major brain fog going on when it came to clear thoughts and concentration(this comes into play later).

About 5-10 minutes later as I was driving thru town I started getting the slight tingle sensations that niacin is known to do, and thought "well at least it's working now". Went down to some friends of mine and just starting chatting and shooting the bull about politics and other things. It was about this time I noticed that my headache was gone and that my mind was actually clear and thinking rather freely(about an hour after taking my first serving). I knew more about Hillary then I thought I did.

The energy I've gotten so far is subtle but it's there. It's really more or less of a sense of all around acuitiy, and lack of fatigue then anything. I usually like to spend my weekends just lying around and doing more or less nothing unless something comes up, but so far I've found my self doing those nonsensical things you think you may do but never get around to it. I drove an hour to my favorite shoe outlet, as I've been needing some new workout and running shoes and bought some cool ADIDAS shoes. Came back home, took my second serving and did some cooking, cleaning and now sitting here typing this stuff up.

So in summary, so far it's been pleasant. I'm not going to add much into it as it's just half way thru the first day. I just though this might be helpful to some of you guys and figured I'd let you know whats going on so far. The true test will come in time, to see if the difference is marked over long term use or not.
Thanks for starting this thread prld2gr8ns...sounds like a great first day! Since you mixed it with just water (as do I), what was your impression on how it mixes and the taste?

We designed Poseidon to have no artificial colors or flavors AT ALL. We wanted it to be virtually tasteless and mix instantly...giving it the versatility to be combined with water or any other beverage.

I'll be interested to see what other benefits you begin to experience over the next few weeks ;-)

Subscribed :thumbsup:

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay guys, one day down now, so to continue where I left off yesterday. I took my third and final dose at around 5pm, and for the rest of the day I just had a great sense of vitality and really just an overall good feeling. I like it, as I haven't thought positively about a lot of things in a really long time. I have a presentation coming up on Wednesday, and have been dreading it ever since last week. Yesterday, I just started to sit down think, and form a plan as to what I would talk about and how I was going to proceed with my powepoint outline. I did this a couple of times last week and always felt like I was getting no where. Today everthing I thought of seemed like it was, well, just good. I found my self looking forward to the presentation, and thinking about how much fun it was going to be. This stuff really helps with mood enhancement.

On a side note, I took another serving of poseidon this morning on an empty stomach and got a niacin flush from hell. It was kind of cool to, as it's snowing outside right now and I felt compelety normal and warm. Even the inside segments of my elbows got a little red. I wonder if the amount of water you take it with would have anything to do with this? I mixed it in a entire bottle of water yesterday and only got a slight flush. Today I just poured a little water(about 8-10oz) into an empty bottle and drunk it down, hmmmm.

Now for the taste. The taste mixed in water is fairly neutral, with a tinge of bitterness.(If that makes any sense) It's really hard to explain, as it's not exactly tasteless, but the slight taste you get isn't bad at all. I can tell you one thing though, mix it in rasberry crystal light and you have to watch yourself as you'll be wanting to chug it down.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Great review so far. Sounds like a new staple.. :)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Okay guys, one day down now, so to continue where I left off yesterday. I took my third and final dose at around 5pm, and for the rest of the day I just had a great sense of vitality and really just an overall good feeling. I like it, as I haven't thought positively about a lot of things in a really long time. I have a presentation coming up on Wednesday, and have been dreading it ever since last week. Yesterday, I just started to sit down think, and form a plan as to what I would talk about and how I was going to proceed with my powepoint outline. I did this a couple of times last week and always felt like I was getting no where. Today everthing I thought of seemed like it was, well, just good. I found my self looking forward to the presentation, and thinking about how much fun it was going to be. This stuff really helps with mood enhancement.

On a side note, I took another serving of poseidon this morning on an empty stomach and got a niacin flush from hell. It was kind of cool to, as it's snowing outside right now and I felt compelety normal and warm. Even the inside segments of my elbows got a little red. I wonder if the amount of water you take it with would have anything to do with this? I mixed it in a entire bottle of water yesterday and only got a slight flush. Today I just poured a little water(about 8-10oz) into an empty bottle and drunk it down, hmmmm.

Now for the taste. The taste mixed in water is fairly neutral, with a tinge of bitterness.(If that makes any sense) It's really hard to explain, as it's not exactly tasteless, but the slight taste you get isn't bad at all. I can tell you one thing though, mix it in rasberry crystal light and you have to watch yourself as you'll be wanting to chug it down.
Sounds like your coming along nicely...and your only on day 2! Great to hear!

Poseidon should do wonders for helping you prep for your presentation. What's the topic? We are actually looking at testing Poseidon on High School and College students...both athletes and non-athletes...to see if it improves their grades. We know student athletes will benefit GREATLY on the ball field...NO QUESTION. I would speculate, with GREAT optimism, that Poseidon would = A LARGE improvment of performance in the class room as well...

As far as the Niacin flush...you will get a larger one if you drink an entire dose of Poseidon all at once, with little water to dilute it. You will also experience a larger flush on some days than on others. Here is an article on the Niacin Flush and exactly what is happening when it occurs:

The niacin "flush"​
It's important to note that this niacin flush is not harmful or dangerous. Some people worry about it, but it is actually a sign of improved blood flow.
When you get the niacin "flush", it's an indication that the niacin is causing small blood vessels in your body to be expanded in size. Many of your small blood vessels, called "capilaries" are so small that blood cells can only go through them in single file. Sometimes, in fact, that small capilary passageway is clogged and blood doesn't get through at all.

While the large organs of the body all have blood supplied from large arteries, a great deal of your body, particularly the parts near the skin, get their ONLY supply of blood (therefore also of oxygen and nutrients) from these small capillaries.
The niacin causes these small capilaries to expand - so they might be able to carry 2 or 3 blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.
You experience this as a "flushing" of the skin, simply because there is more blood close to the surface of the body. As the blood flows in these areas, the cells of the small capilaries will also be getting rid of their waste products, and often they produce 'histamine' as part of this process. That histamine is another natural substance produced by every cell in the body when a cell is under attack, or is eliminating toxins.

I'm looking forward to your log ;-)

Workin

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
So I need it for school. Good argument if my parents ask me what I am doing with my money ;)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll put the college student experience to the test as I'm currently a graduate student with a boat load of test and presentations coming up in the next couple of weeks. This wednesday, I have to present a topic about the oxidative stress reduction and anti-apoptotic effects seen with resverartol supplementation. Which sounds extrememly intersting(that's why I chose it), except when you get the research papers together you have to spend tons of time disecting graphs, materials, methods, what type of oxidative stressers they used in-vitro and why, what amounts of res did they accompany with the cell line test with the stressors, what where the results, what pathways did/could the results have happened in. It's a lot to get down(by heart), but I think I'll manage.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I'll put the college student experience to the test as I'm currently a graduate student with a boat load of test and presentations coming up in the next couple of weeks. This wednesday, I have to present a topic about the oxidative stress reduction and anti-apoptotic effects seen with resverartol supplementation. Which sounds extrememly intersting(that's why I chose it), except when you get the research papers together you have to spend tons of time disecting graphs, materials, methods, what type of oxidative stressers they used in-vitro and why, what amounts of res did they accompany with the cell line test with the stressors, what where the results, what pathways did/could the results have happened in. It's a lot to get down(by heart), but I think I'll manage.
Wow...you ARE the perfect canidate. :thumbsup:

Are you sure your not just studying the effects of Resveratrol as a good excuse to drink red wine every night? lol! ;-)

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow...you ARE the perfect canidate. :thumbsup:

Are you sure your not just studying the effects of Resveratrol as a good excuse to drink red wine every night? lol! ;-)

Workin
LOL, na I'm not that big of a drinker but I do have to get my res amounts per grape skins/liters of wine down, and correlate it with the average dose used in some of these studies.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
LOL, na I'm not that big of a drinker but I do have to get my res amounts per grape skins/liters of wine down, and correlate it with the average dose used in some of these studies.
It's an interesting compound...I would be curious as to your finding. We looked into it as a component of a few supplements ideas we had, but concluded it needed more testing in the supplemental form before safety (as far as drug interactions etc...) and dosage amounts could be determined.

Workin

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I knew more about Hillary then I thought I did.
:huh: *unsubscribed*

Just kidding. Seriously, all that after two doses? Great. Do me a favor and throw some negative stuff in there so I won't have to buy it. you know, it makes you piss a lot, waking up in the night, etc. Something. Please.

:lol:

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Hey prld2gr8ns,

Have you thought about using Poseiden in a pre w/o mix? Or as the only thing pre w/o?

Do you think it will help aid in focus/motivation in the gym? I don't think it will help with energy or pumps but maybe it has some uses for training.

(I'm waiting for mine to come in and so far I can't wait)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
: Do me a favor and throw some negative stuff in there so I won't have to buy it. you know, it makes you piss a lot, waking up in the night, etc. Something. Please.

Negative stuff...:think:

It won't make you gain 20 lbs of muscle in a week nor will it slash your bodyfat from 20% to 4% over night...How am I doing?

Workin

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

It won't make you gain 20 lbs of muscle in a week nor will it slash your bodyfat from 20% to 4% over night...How am I doing?

Workin
WHAT????

How in the world are you EVER going to sell this stuff saying that? Have you learned NOTHING from MuscleTech?

Adams

M

mtas

Awards
I'll toss in my $.02 in here for a minute - I received mine on Friday and dumped 3 scoops into a liter of water, got nothing. Yesterday I had probably 4 scoops throughout the day - nothing. This morning I put 2 scoops in 16oz of 50/50 pineapple juice and water and got hit with the flush :) My wife was like, "OMG you're red and blotchy." The only internal feeling I noticed was that my ears sort of tingled and felt slightly warm to the touch. Checked the mirror and sure enough, I was red all over my back, face, shoulders and the occasional splotch here and there. An hour later it was gone and I feel fantastic. I usually don't "feel" what most or some folks claim to feel from various supplements, but this one - WOW. Definitely a life-long customer here:head:

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Hey prld2gr8ns,

Have you thought about using Poseiden in a pre w/o mix? Or as the only thing pre w/o?

Do you think it will help aid in focus/motivation in the gym? I don't think it will help with energy or pumps but maybe it has some uses for training.

We are working on a Poseidon Pre Workout formula currently. It will most certainly help with energy...it's just more of a sustained energy rather than a quick up and down as most thermos give.

As far as a pump...try mixing 1 serving Poseidon with your favorite creatine and arginine base supp....the creatine and arginine alone will cause a nice pump...add Poseidon to that mix you may be looking twice at yourself in the gym mirrors...the synergy is fantastic ;-)

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
WHAT????

How in the world are you EVER going to sell this stuff saying that? Have you learned NOTHING from MuscleTech?

Adams
That's it...I'm firing myself...for the day ;-)

Workin

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
We are working on a Poseidon Pre Workout formula currently. It will most certainly help with energy...it's just more of a sustained energy rather than a quick up and down as most thermos give.

As far as a pump...try mixing 1 serving Poseidon with your favorite creatine and arginine base supp....the creatine and arginine alone will cause a nice pump...add Poseidon to that mix you may be looking twice at yourself in the gym mirrors...the synergy is fantastic ;-)

Workin
Awesome. I will have to try some independent testing first, but I have a feeling it's going to be an addition to most of my pre w/o supps.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Workin
Not bad, not bad. Keep it coming!

:D :lol: I'm gonna get some for my wife (wink, wink), once the baby is not nursing.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously, all that after two doses? Great. Do me a favor and throw some negative stuff in there so I won't have to buy it. you know, it makes you piss a lot, waking up in the night, etc. Something. Please.

LOL, well my fencing skills seems to be stagnant so far:duel: . My eyesight hasn't increase at all(stil waiting for the xray vision capabilities of poseidon to kick... if it does at all). My vertical jump is still the same, and my dance moves haven't improved. All in all, it has some down sides I guess.

In all seriousness, the product doesn't seem to deliever those "WOW, that's amazing." type things that we are use to reading with stims, SD, and stuff. So far it's more like a good, quality, subtle "ahh that's pretty nice" type feeling. Being an active hobbiest/athelete I have been really feeling the batterments that waitlifting, jogging, basketball, school, work etc,etc does to one. I know I'm in a state of overtraining by the constant fatigue and fogged up type mind I've suffered from the past couple of weeks, and I've just now begun to deal with it by rearranging my wo's, and other activities. Honestly, so far the poseidon has really made me feel good by the fact that I actually feel like I could do more crap now then I have recently. My new schedule kicks up tomorrow so hopefully it'll only get better, and JJC I'll let you know how it acts as a stand alone preworkout supp.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's an interesting compound...I would be curious as to your finding. We looked into it as a component of a few supplements ideas we had, but concluded it needed more testing in the supplemental form before safety (as far as drug interactions etc...) and dosage amounts could be determined.

Workin
That's exactly what I've found out so far. Years, and years of invitro, and mice studies with all kinds of positive results and human trials are just now starting to pick up. Hopefully, soon they'll be some more info out there so that safety and supplement use can be effective.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established

Workin
exactly what i was planing, can't wait to take my liftingto the next level!!:thumbsup:

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Not bad, not bad. Keep it coming!

:D :lol: I'm gonna get some for my wife (wink, wink), once the baby is not nursing.
Auhh yes...Poseidon for your wife. Rrriiiiggghhhhttt ;-)

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
exactly what i was planing, can't wait to take my liftingto the next level!!:thumbsup:
I can't wait to see your log b_unit! I'll be very interested in seeing what you feel stacks best with Poseidon Pre-Workout...I'll be taking notes ;-)

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
LOL, well my fencing skills seems to be stagnant so far:duel: . My eyesight hasn't increase at all(stil waiting for the xray vision capabilities of poseidon to kick... if it does at all). My vertical jump is still the same, and my dance moves haven't improved. All in all, it has some down sides I guess.

In all seriousness, the product doesn't seem to deliever those "WOW, that's amazing." type things that we are use to reading with stims, superdrol, and stuff. So far it's more like a good, quality, subtle "ahh that's pretty nice" type feeling. Being an active hobbiest/athelete I have been really feeling the batterments that waitlifting, jogging, basketball, school, work etc,etc does to one. I know I'm in a state of overtraining by the constant fatigue and fogged up type mind I've suffered from the past couple of weeks, and I've just now begun to deal with it by rearranging my wo's, and other activities. Honestly, so far the poseidon has really made me feel good by the fact that I actually feel like I could do more crap now then I have recently. My new schedule kicks up tomorrow so hopefully it'll only get better, and JJC I'll let you know how it acts as a stand alone preworkout supp.
Let me know when the x-ray vision kicks in...we may really be on to something :think:

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure will workin, right now I'm just focusing on putting the papers aside and watching the football game.

Quick recapp for the day.... nothing really amazing happening as I've spent most of the day reading and analyzing some stuff, and doing all the things you have to do on Sundays like preparing my food, cleaning, etc. I will say that my awareness has been slightly tweaked with my reading. Usually after about 2 research papers I'm ready to quit cause after the 3rd, 4th and so on they start running together and it gets a little confusing. I got thru 3 straight and seemed to have very good recall on them. Maybe poseidon is helping with the recall or maybe it's because I got interested in them. Who knows, I'll save judgment on that for later.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey prld2gr8ns,

You know I'm sure it'll help enhance a workout, but what I'm curious to know is the after workout effects. I'm wanting to see how it makes me feel the rest of the day, as I usually do my workouts early in the morning. Lately after workouts I've been experiencing major fatigue as I eluded to earlier, so I'm interested in seeing how/if poseidon will give a little edge in that department(it's one of the major reasons why I wanted to give it a go).

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
You know I'm sure it'll help enhance a workout, but what I'm curious to know is the after workout effects. I'm wanting to see how it makes me feel the rest of the day, as I usually do my workouts early in the morning. Lately after workouts I've been experiencing major fatigue as I eluded to earlier, so I'm interested in seeing how/if poseidon will give a little edge in that department(it's one of the major reasons why I wanted to give it a go).
Sounds good man. Best of luck with that. I train in the evening, so it won't be something that really concerns me but I do look forward to what you have to say about your experience with taking it pre w/o.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, got my workout in this morning and I can tell you the hydration effects of poseidon are noticable. Sets, and reps all seemed to easy and to few today as I felt like I could have worked in a couple extra sets in every bodypart. The endurance is definetly up, and there was a bit more mind/muscle connection with the weights today( I'll see if this progresses as usually somedays its good, and some day's its not). If it continues like this, I'd say that it defenitly has it's place as a preworkout supp, as I really enjoyed my workout today.

Now for the rest of the day. Fatigue and general lazyness was not apparent at all today. Even after the weight session, my thoughts were pretty well free flowing and I basically just maintain a constant good energy level all day. Didn't even feel that afternoon lag that I usually get..... and that's good. Had two 2 1/2 hr classes today and managed to stay very attentive thru out. The lecture material seemed to all fit together fairly nicely, and I even managed to answer a couple of question the professor couldn't.:nono: :lol:

Now for a couple of things I noticed today about taking poseidon..... 1. If you mix it with about 20-24ounces of H20 the niacin flush is greatly reduced(I didn't even get one with my morning dose), and 2. If you mix it and let it sit for about 2-5 min you taste absolutely nothing.

Let me know if theres something I left out that anybody may want to hear about.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Okay, got my workout in this morning and I can tell you the hydration effects of poseidon are noticable. Sets, and reps all seemed to easy and to few today as I felt like I could have worked in a couple extra sets in every bodypart. The endurance is definetly up, and there was a bit more mind/muscle connection with the weights today( I'll see if this progresses as usually somedays its good, and some day's its not). If it continues like this, I'd say that it defenitly has it's place as a preworkout supp, as I really enjoyed my workout today.

Now for the rest of the day. Fatigue and general lazyness was not apparent at all today. Even after the weight session, my thoughts were pretty well free flowing and I basically just maintain a constant good energy level all day. Didn't even feel that afternoon lag that I usually get..... and that's good. Had two 2 1/2 hr classes today and managed to stay very attentive thru out. The lecture material seemed to all fit together fairly nicely, and I even managed to answer a couple of question the professor couldn't.:nono: :lol:

Now for a couple of things I noticed today about taking poseidon..... 1. If you mix it with about 20-24ounces of H20 the niacin flush is greatly reduced(I didn't even get one with my morning dose), and 2. If you mix it and let it sit for about 2-5 min you taste absolutely nothing.

Let me know if theres something I left out that anybody may want to hear about.
Great review...detailed as always ;-)

You point out some of my favorite personal benefits with Poseidon...the increased mental acuity...lasting late into the day....and over all sense of vitality. I use to have to have some form of caffeine around 3:00 or I was a zombie. Since taking Poseidon, I have no need for it.

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diddo on the caffiene as well. The fatigue fighting aspects so far have been really good.

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Did you only take that one dose pre w/o? Or did you take another one or two later on in the day?

Basically, I'm interested in how long the focus and hydration effects last. I would like to mix it into my pre w/o mixes, but I wouldn't want to drink 24 ounces directly before my training session. My point is, how long do you think before training can you take Poseiden in order to still feel the focus and hydration?

This sounds like a great product and I would like to extend the one bottle that I'm about to receive for as long as possible.

Thanks for the great review so far.

(I don't know if I rep'd you already for this review, but if I didn't then let me know.)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I took one serving of poseidon before w/o( and I just thought I would mix it with 20 some ounces of water, I don't think it's necessary though), mixed and sipped one throughout the the workout and after, then mixed another serving into a another water bottle to take with me to work and sip on during classes. It's pretty much an all-day thing as far as the energy goes. Hydration, I'd say is similar as I think that's a big part to why it acutually increases energy. If you want to extend a bottle I'd say just mix in a couple of servings into your favorite water bottle to sip on thru the day, and take a third dose in a meaningful time frame before your workout.

M

mtas

Awards
On my workout days (even though I don't workout until later in the evening, usually after 6pm), I take 2 scoops first thing in the am on an empty stomach mixed with a 50/50 mix of 8oz pineapple juice and 8oz water and get one hell of a flush! On cardio days, like this morning, I take 2 scoops on an empty stomach with 16oz water only and have to chug it - it does have a taste, and get a very noticable flush as well. Mid-day I mix 2 scoops in a liter of water. Great thread!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I took one serving of poseidon before w/o( and I just thought I would mix it with 20 some ounces of water, I don't think it's necessary though), mixed and sipped one throughout the the workout and after, then mixed another serving into a another water bottle to take with me to work and sip on during classes. It's pretty much an all-day thing as far as the energy goes. Hydration, I'd say is similar as I think that's a big part to why it acutually increases energy. If you want to extend a bottle I'd say just mix in a couple of servings into your favorite water bottle to sip on thru the day, and take a third dose in a meaningful time frame before your workout.
I couldn't have put it better myself ;-)

I would suggest this however JJC.... if your working out later in the evening, start sipping on your third dose about 5-10 minutes prior to your workout and finish it about 15 minutes into your workout. I find I have great results when I consume Poseidon during a workout due to the almost immediate absorption. You may want to experiment and see what works best for you.

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
On my workout days (even though I don't workout until later in the evening, usually after 6pm), I take 2 scoops first thing in the am on an empty stomach mixed with a 50/50 mix of 8oz pineapple juice and 8oz water and get one hell of a flush! On cardio days, like this morning, I take 2 scoops on an empty stomach with 16oz water only and have to chug it - it does have a taste, and get a very noticable flush as well. Mid-day I mix 2 scoops in a liter of water. Great thread!
Thanks for your comments mtas,

Do you find that if you mix Poseidon in water, and let it sit for a few minutes, the taste subsides somewhat? I mix Poseidon in my water bottle first thing in the morning and then jump in the shower. After I get out, I start drinking it and find the taste is barely there, if at all. Funny how everyone's taste buds a slightly different...maybe I've just gotten so use to it I don't even notice :think:

Workin

M

mtas

Awards

Do you find that if you mix Poseidon in water, and let it sit for a few minutes, the taste subsides somewhat? I mix Poseidon in my water bottle first thing in the morning and then jump in the shower. After I get out, I start drinking it and find the taste is barely there, if at all. Funny how everyone's taste buds a slightly different...maybe I've just gotten so use to it I don't even notice :think:

Workin
I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home before dinner. I'll mix 2 scoops with about 16oz of water and let it sit for 15 minutes before drinking it. When I mix 2 scoops in a liter of water, there is no taste, only a pinkish tint to the water :) Any rough estimates as to when the bigger tub of it will be released? I started my wife on it this morning and she left for work with the flush going full bore:toofunny:

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home before dinner. I'll mix 2 scoops with about 16oz of water and let it sit for 15 minutes before drinking it. When I mix 2 scoops in a liter of water, there is no taste, only a pinkish tint to the water :) Any rough estimates as to when the bigger tub of it will be released? I started my wife on it this morning and she left for work with the flush going full bore:toofunny:
Sounds good...let me know what you find.

We hope to have the larger tub released in less than 2 weeks...right around the same time we will be releasing Performance Pudding Nite-Time ;-)

Workin

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't have put it better myself ;-)

I would suggest this however JJC.... if your working out later in the evening, start sipping on your third dose about 5-10 minutes prior to your workout and finish it about 15 minutes into your workout. I find I have great results when I consume Poseidon during a workout due to the almost immediate absorption. You may want to experiment and see what works best for you.

Workin
Alright sounds good. I might give that a shot when I get mine in. Thanks.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workin
I usually start sipping on my poseidon right at workout time, and through out, then finish the bottle right before I hit the showers. Seems to work pretty good for me, but I'm also doing my workouts in the early am on an empty stomach and the spacing of the first dose isn't all that far away from the workout dose. I think from the first serving I'm pretty well hydrated and the small servings during workouts is doing it's maintainence.

Update: Energy has been good today, had a slight bout of lethargy earlier in the morning what with reading a ten page report on PPAR alpha, and then spending an hour formulating answers to some really ambigous questions.... all at 8:00am this morning. I'm glad I got through it without falling asleep. Prepping for my presentation tomorrow is coming along smoothly, I find myself able to clearly recall certain facts from papers and talk about them on the appropriate slides easier then it's usually been. I'm looking forward to the talk now, as retention seems to be a bit better.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Do you find that if you mix Poseidon in water, and let it sit for a few minutes, the taste subsides somewhat?
Yes

I start drinking it and find the taste is barely there, if at all.

and Yes.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I usually start sipping on my poseidon right at workout time, and through out, then finish the bottle right before I hit the showers. Seems to work pretty good for me, but I'm also doing my workouts in the early am on an empty stomach and the spacing of the first dose isn't all that far away from the workout dose. I think from the first serving I'm pretty well hydrated and the small servings during workouts is doing it's maintainence.

Update: Energy has been good today, had a slight bout of lethargy earlier in the morning what with reading a ten page report on PPAR alpha, and then spending an hour formulating answers to some really ambigous questions.... all at 8:00am this morning. I'm glad I got through it without falling asleep. Prepping for my presentation tomorrow is coming along smoothly, I find myself able to clearly recall certain facts from papers and talk about them on the appropriate slides easier then it's usually been. I'm looking forward to the talk now, as retention seems to be a bit better.
Good luck on your Presentation my friend...not that you'll need it ;-)

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5

Okay guy's update time:
Had a pretty good day today, went for a 7 mile run and thought that this would really put the hydration effects of poseidon to the test. The run in and of itself went fairly smooth. I haven't run that far in one session in a really long time, as the endurance I had was fairly suprising. I probably could have went a couple miles or more with no problem, but didn't want to chance it. It was a good comfortable run, and if anybody is wondering my time was 7mi in 58.3min(nice and steady with less then 10min miles, I like it).

The rest of the day was spent going over some last minute testing of my presentation outline and the actual presentation was a 2:00pm. I owned it, I actually recalled all the things that I had practice and even threw in some stuff that just happened to pop up at the moment. Not to be self congradulatory but I thought it was a damn good speech. The only down side was that the professor didn't like my outline, as apparently I was suppose to disect and find faults in all the studies I was reading, not just present and talk about the information that was obtained. I never recalled him saying this and I evenly specifically asked him how he wanted the presentation to be, and I did what I "thought" was stated. Oh well, it just means that I'll have to remodify and present it again somewhere later in the semester(all that work for nothing basically). Aaargh, I hate professor's that utilize english as a second language.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Okay guy's update time:
Had a pretty good day today, went for a 7 mile run and thought that this would really put the hydration effects of poseidon to the test. The run in and of itself went fairly smooth. I haven't run that far in one session in a really long time, as the endurance I had was fairly suprising. I probably could have went a couple miles or more with no problem, but didn't want to chance it. It was a good comfortable run, and if anybody is wondering my time was 7mi in 58.3min(nice and steady with less then 10min miles, I like it).

The rest of the day was spent going over some last minute testing of my presentation outline and the actual presentation was a 2:00pm. I owned it, I actually recalled all the things that I had practice and even threw in some stuff that just happened to pop up at the moment. Not to be self congradulatory but I thought it was a damn good speech. The only down side was that the professor didn't like my outline, as apparently I was suppose to disect and find faults in all the studies I was reading, not just present and talk about the information that was obtained. I never recalled him saying this and I evenly specifically asked him how he wanted the presentation to be, and I did what I "thought" was stated. Oh well, it just means that I'll have to remodify and present it again somewhere later in the semester(all that work for nothing basically). Aaargh, I hate professor's that utilize english as a second language.
Congrats on a great presentation! I find that professors usually nit pick like that when you've done an excellent job and they just don't have anything else to say...I think it makes them feel in control and secure in their position. That said, you must have really done well! :clap2:

Nice timing on the run! How often do you jog that far?

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, professors can be like that sometimes. It really just depends on the class and the person, as to how nit picky they are. I usually do a run like 2x a week(Wed. and Sat), as it's part of a new training protocol I'm trying out. Usually in order to get both cardio and weight sessions in, I did one after the other on Mon, Tues, Thru, and Fri. I feel this was a big reason why I was so tired for the rest of the day, so I decided to switch it up to longer runs on non weight training days, and just the weights ever other day.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6

Today went really good. Had all kinds of energy today, as the day seemed to drag on forever yet I never once really felt tired at all. Usually when I have days like this(the ones that for some reason seems like the clock is moving 1min every 5) I pratically have to battle the constants yawns and the urge to tack a nap in the middle of what ever I was doing. I was actually very productive today as I got a lot of work done on homework, evaluations, work work, and a really good back/chest workout this morning. One thing I have noticed that not many people have mentioned yet is the sleep benefits I've had the past couple of days. Don't know if I could contribute this to the poseidon or not, but who knows. Magnesium is know as a relaxant in many ways, maybe that has something to do with it. All that I know is that I have really gotten to sleep alot faster then normal(shortly after my head hits the pillows), and I sleep all night up until the alarm goes off. I usually get up before the alarm clock goes off, and this morning I almost slept right thru it.....interesting.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Today went really good. Had all kinds of energy today, as the day seemed to drag on forever yet I never once really felt tired at all. Usually when I have days like this(the ones that for some reason seems like the clock is moving 1min every 5) I pratically have to battle the constants yawns and the urge to tack a nap in the middle of what ever I was doing. I was actually very productive today as I got a lot of work done on homework, evaluations, work work, and a really good back/chest workout this morning. One thing I have noticed that not many people have mentioned yet is the sleep benefits I've had the past couple of days. Don't know if I could contribute this to the poseidon or not, but who knows. Magnesium is know as a relaxant in many ways, maybe that has something to do with it. All that I know is that I have really gotten to sleep alot faster then normal(shortly after my head hits the pillows), and I sleep all night up until the alarm goes off. I usually get up before the alarm clock goes off, and this morning I almost slept right thru it.....interesting.
Better quality sleep is a HUGE benefit of Poseidon. Don't get this confused, however, and think it will make you sleepy or sluggish during the day. IT WON'T. It actually gives you the best of both worlds and is one of the reasons the Poseidon Complex formula is so unique.

While there are many reasons why Poseidon contributes to better sleep, one of the BIGGEST is the CNS Health benefits. Playing a large role is the "Methylcobalamin" in Poseidon. Here is a link to an article that discusses this...you'll notice toward the bottom, one of the benefits noticed with Methylcobalamin supplementation is improved sleep patterns...among many other things ;-)

Nimbus Nutrition- When Performance is Everything

Workin