Kwick Karb feedback thread

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Since I got mine today i wanted to start the thread FOr me all I have to compare it too was TP's WMS i mixed it with crystal light and bcaa's im poudning it down now on it now:duel:

dont typically mix it with protein but im gonna mix some in 30 min with AI peanut butter protein :bruce3:

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
another thing to note is the texture

this packs and scoops much better then my other brand

my other brand when i scoop it is so light and fluffy it flies everywhere i can scoop this and it packs nicely in the scoop then flops into the container

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damn that's a great price ! Anyone know the Glycemic Index of Waxy Maize/Kwik Karb ?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Question - How exactly are you taking and dosing this?

I was thinking:

Right after finishing my last rep:

40 Grams of WMS
BCAA's
Creatine Mono

15-20 Minutes Later:

1/2 Cup of Oats
2 Scoops of Whey

Any thoughts?

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
i would like some thoughts on how people are using it? pre post and during?

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
the way I use it and always have

right after last rep 50 grams of WMS with bcaa's and creatine. but in order to maintain WMS speed of digestion u cant weigh it down with too much add ons or it will cause a jmp in blood sugar. and slow digestion

anecdotal feedback states keep your add ons to less then 30% of total mixture and keep your water intake high.

i grabbed enough of this to experiment with it. im gonna try some before during and after training to guage puumps and what not.

haiz your layout looks good id bump to 50 grams

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Was there a scooper in the container?

Jdub
i havent chekced. i have 6347734 scoopers laying around so i jst grapped one lol

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
the way I use it and always have

right after last rep 50 grams of WMS with bcaa's and creatine. but in order to maintain WMS speed of digestion u cant weigh it down with too much add ons or it will cause a jmp in blood sugar. and slow digestion

anecdotal feedback states keep your add ons to less then 30% of total mixture and keep your water intake high.

i grabbed enough of this to experiment with it. im gonna try some before during and after training to guage puumps and what not.

haiz your layout looks good id bump to 50 grams
Sounds great - If bumping to 50 grams, would I need to take in oats with my whey, or would I be all set with just 2 scoops of Whey.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
im my personal opinion u can never go wrong with oats and whey the nutritional value alone is great.

but it is just my opinion

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im my personal opinion u can never go wrong with oats and whey the nutritional value alone is great.

but it is just my opinion
Yeah...for what purpose? I would say WMS with BCAAs immediately post workout. Then Whey and Oats sometime later.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
How many grams of WMS fit in a standard protien scoop? 20? 30?

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
The protocol that was laid out for me was too keep the ratio of WMS:"other stuff" at 3:1. So if you are going w/ 75g WM keep the other stuff at 25g or less. Going to high essentially will block the WM from passing quickly through the gut which defeats the purpose of using it. Get your whole protein/slow digesting carbs like 45 mintues later. 1/2 cup oats 2 scoops whey should be good.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
do u guys throw in your creatine with WMS cuz of the absorption or its jus what u do .. cause I take my CEE pre-workout

Jdub

Awards
i just put 50-75g of WMS, 10g leucine, 3-5g Creatine gluconate, and crystal light.

Jdub

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
so you guys only take the WMS post workout... im really jus tryna get a handle on how people are taking or what the prefered way of taking this stuff is

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
now are u guys still taking complex carbs pre and post in addition to this

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
now are u guys still taking complex carbs pre and post in addition to this
If by complex carbs you mean oats...then I would follow up with this around 1/2 hour AFTER taking PWO Kwick Karb. If you are talking about Maltodextrin, then a big FAT no.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I take 2 scoops post workout, so I guess I'm getting close to 80 grams. Anyone think that's too much? I'f taken as much as 1 scoop pre and 2 post, but have ditched the pre now that I'm cutting.

The main reason being is that I'm using leviathan (which contains yohimbine) pre, and I've read many places that insulin completely blunts the fat burning effects of yohimbine.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
I take 2 scoops post workout, so I guess I'm getting close to 80 grams. Anyone think that's too much? I'f taken as much as 1 scoop pre and 2 post, but have ditched the pre now that I'm cutting.

The main reason being is that I'm using leviathan (which contains yohimbine) pre, and I've read many places that insulin completely blunts the fat burning effects of yohimbine.
What do you weigh, and how long is your w/o?
For fat loss I wouldn't consume any carbs pre w/o.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
What do you weigh, and how long is your w/o?
For fat loss I wouldn't consume any carbs pre w/o.
I weight right around 230 lbs. at 6 ft 1. I'm not using any carbs pre. since I started cutting. I now use 2 scoops post. Previous to cutting, I was doing 1 scoop pre, as well.

Usually, post, I'll mix 2 scoops w/ 1 scoop of Xpand (not the energized variety) in a blender bottle. I'll drink it right down, then refill the bottle w/ water and drink it on my way home.

20 or so mins later I'll have 2 scoops of WPI mixed w/ 2 scoops (equivilant to 1/p cup of oats before being ground) of ground up oatmeal.

A little less than an hr. later I'll usually have a bowl of Barilla Plus pasta. That's my favorite post workout meal.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
I weight right around 230 lbs. at 6 ft 1. I'm not using any carbs pre. since I started cutting. I now use 2 scoops post. Previous to cutting, I was doing 1 scoop pre, as well.

Usually, post, I'll mix 2 scoops w/ 1 scoop of Xpand (not the energized variety) in a blender bottle. I'll drink it right down, then refill the bottle w/ water and drink it on my way home.

20 or so mins later I'll have 2 scoops of WPI mixed w/ 2 scoops (equivilant to 1/p cup of oats before being ground) of ground up oatmeal.

A little less than an hr. later I'll usually have a bowl of Barilla Plus pasta. That's my favorite post workout meal.
For cutting I would add 20-25 Grams of Hydrolyzed whey to your 2 scoops Kwick Karb w/ 1 scoop of Xpand.(The most digestible source of whey protein developed for human consumption. A hydrolyzed whey is partially digested to make them more accessible for human digestion.Up to 80% of whey peptides can pass quickly through the stomach intact to be absorbed by the lower intestines. )

45-60 mins later have 2 scoop of Milk Protein Isolate or 1 scoop of WPI,1 scoop of Caseinate with 40-50 grams carbs.
Researchers at the Center for Exercise, Nutrition, and Preventive Health at Baylor University decided to study the effects of whey protein supplementation over ten weeks of heavy-resistance training. Three groups of supplements were assigned to thirty-six male subjects in a double blind manner.

(For newer readers, double-blind, placebo controlled studies are the gold standard in research. Since neither researchers nor subjects know what supplement they're getting, everyone involved is forced to be more objective.)

Had you been participating in the study, your daily supplement package would've been one of the following:

1) 40g whey protein plus 8g of casein (WC)

2) 40g of whey, 3g branched-chain amino acids, plus 5g L-glutamine (WBG)

3) Or you may have gotten screwed and received 48g of carb placebo

At zero, five, and ten weeks, researchers would've benchmarked or examined the effects of the supplementation, testing your strength, endurance, anaerobic capacity, body composition, and ability to attract women. (Okay, not that last one!) Then you would've had blood drawn, gotten blasted with X-rays (dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, a.k.a. DEXA), and been tested for 1 rep max bench and leg press. Next they would've stripped the bar down to 80% of your 1RM and had you rep to failure. Lastly, you'd have been subjected to a 30 second Wingate anaerobic capacity test.

No matter what supplement group you were in (even placebo!) you would have experienced significant increases in 1RM bench and leg press strength after ten weeks. However, greatest gains in fat-free mass and DEXA lean mass would have come to those in the whey-casein group.

Let's look at the numbers. After ten weeks, the placebo group gained an average of zero pounds of lean mass. The whey, amino, glutamine group actually lost 0.2 pounds, and the whey/casein group gained 4.1 pounds of lean mass!

The whey/casein cat is out of the bag. If you want the greatest gains, go with the whey/casein blend. [J Strength Cond Res. 2006 Aug;20(3):643-53]
1 hr. later a meal with 30-40 grams pro/ 22-30 grams carb and some epa/dha.
IMHO

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone here tried WMS during their workout. I just ordered some and plan to put ~50g in my workout drink(BCAA, Beta-Alanine and DiCreatine Malate). Then once I finish I eat a real meal 30 mins after I finish. But anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried this and how they like it?

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
Has anyone here tried WMS during their workout. I just ordered some and plan to put ~50g in my workout drink(BCAA, Beta-Alanine and DiCreatine Malate). Then once I finish I eat a real meal 30 mins after I finish. But anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried this and how they like it?
I like the effects, It doesn't mix well clogs my water bottle.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the effects, It doesn't mix well clogs my water bottle.
Clogs? Are you using a sipper?

I find an empty gatorade bottle works VERY well, and never gets clogged.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
today I took some about 1.5 hrs before my lift i took in about 50 grams lus 15 grams or so of bcaa's i had a pump unlike any other during my rep range chest workout bt im also pissing ev ery 5 minutes lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am going to take preworkout tonight....50 grams with EAAs, DiCreatine malate, Beta-Alanine, and Citrulline Malate.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
Clogs? Are you using a sipper?

I find an empty gatorade bottle works VERY well, and never gets clogged.
I use my bicycle water bottles, I'm a cyclist, and on a 4hr ride going uphill max hr 100deg+ and my bottle clogs very annoying.
But all the other carbs I've tried bloat me, and wms doesn't :)

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I use my bicycle water bottles, I'm a cyclist, and on a 4hr ride going uphill max hr 100deg+ and my bottle clogs very annoying.
But all the other carbs I've tried bloat me, and wms doesn't :)
Go w/ the Blender Bottle. No clumping, whatsoever.

Atlas

Awards
Hey can anyone else verify that a 70cc scoop is about 38-40g of WMS? Can someone put this on a scale and tare the scoop for an accurate dosing? In regards to the 70cc=38 to 40g, is that a LEVEL SCOOP or a HEAPING SCOOP? Thanks guys!

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
Just received mine today, I thought it would be the same sandy texture as virtago since there both the same thing, WMS, but it seems totally different?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just received mine today, I thought it would be the same sandy texture as virtago since there both the same thing, WMS, but it seems totally different?
I don't understand the question.

First off, Vitargo doesn't USE WMS anymore. Second, texture depends on mesh size and a few other factors. Much like all creatines, CEEs, glutamines, etc are not the same, all WMSs are not the same.

Reports indicate that Kwick-Karb is vastly superior in mixability to Vitargo.

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
I don't understand the question.

First off, Vitargo doesn't USE WMS anymore. Second, texture depends on mesh size and a few other factors. Much like all creatines, CEEs, glutamines, etc are not the same, all WMSs are not the same.

Reports indicate that Kwick-Karb is vastly superior in mixability to Vitargo.
Thanks for the reply, I just thought that it would be like the same exact thing. The virtago does contain WMS(its old). Anyway i can't wait to try my 2kilo's of it, start tonight right after my workout. later

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am EXTREMELY pleased with the following protocol (in development):

~35 grams WMS
5 grams DiCreatine malate
10g leucine
3.2 grams beta-alanine
1 scoop Primal EAA Lemonade
1/3 tub Pink Lemonade Crystal light

Mix this in a Gatorade container and drink first half of workout. Second half of workout, drink the hell out of some water (I refill the gatorade bottle twice more minimum.)

Immediately post workout, 70g WMS, 3 grams Taurine, 5-1g leucine, and around 20g WPI (with flavoring).

So far, this has given me a GREAT feeling, resulting in feeling muscle fullness at all times.

Hint: there is a reason I say this is "in development". :)

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
Looks great but what about some creatine in the post shake?

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
Also I thought that having more than around 30% of "goodies" with WMS will slow done absorbtion defeat the purpose.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also I thought that having more than around 30% of "goodies" with WMS will slow done absorbtion defeat the purpose.
Post workout, I am well under 30%. During workout, I am still getting great endurance enhancement and glycogen replenishment. I am finding very good pumps and increase in workout capacity.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Post workout, I am well under 30%. During workout, I am still getting great endurance enhancement and glycogen replenishment. I am finding very good pumps and increase in workout capacity.
I'm really interested in Kwik Karb and this is a great thread ... below is my protocol ... how do you think KK could be added into this? keep in mind that workouts are from 5am - 6:30/7am and my pre is taken anywhere between 4:15-4:45am

pre:
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop WPI
1 tsp glutamine
1/2 tsp bulk cissus
1 scoop GlycerGROW (scooped in mouth - chased w/ H2O)

during:
2 scoops Xtend
1 scoop GlycerGROW

1/2 cup oats
1 scoop WPI
1 tsp glutamine
1/2 tsp bulk cissus

- thanks

Atlas

Awards
Bump to what I posted above in regards to an accurate measurement.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
I'm really interested in Kwik Karb and this is a great thread ... below is my protocol ... how do you think KK could be added into this? keep in mind that workouts are from 5am - 6:30/7am and my pre is taken anywhere between 4:15-4:45am

pre:
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop WPI
1 tsp glutamine
1/2 tsp bulk cissus
1 scoop GlycerGROW (scooped in mouth - chased w/ H2O)

during:
2 scoops Xtend
1 scoop GlycerGROW

1/2 cup oats
1 scoop WPI
1 tsp glutamine
1/2 tsp bulk cissus

- thanks
Take the Creatine pre with the GG if possible

bmw71285

Awards
Right now i've been taking about 75g of kwik karb and 1 scoop of Healthy n' fit 100% whey pro-amino. 1 scoop of this protein contains 45g. Is this too much protein to be takin w/ kk immediately post workout? Then about 45-60 min afterwards I have a meal w/ protein, carbs, and fat.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right now i've been taking about 75g of kwik karb and 1 scoop of Healthy n' fit 100% whey pro-amino. 1 scoop of this protein contains 45g. Is this too much protein to be takin w/ kk immediately post workout? Then about 45-60 min afterwards I have a meal w/ protein, carbs, and fat.
I would cut it down slightly, yes.

bmw71285

Awards
Ya thats what I thought. i think I'll cut it down to about 30g protein. Thanks for the advice.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I save my protein for 20 mins after WMS. Why slow down that fast process w/ protein? I stick to things like aminos, creatine, etc w/ the WMS, and then do protein/grouond oats shake a bit later once the WMS has driven the other ingredients quickly to the muscles.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Kwick Carb, eh? Hmm...suspicious.

Why do I keep thinking I should get some sort of royalty for this product? :D