"F*** Genetics!" Anabolic-Pump FTW!

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Some Days...

Some days, the envisionment of what’s to come
Clouds the thought processes of today,
Yet the journey to the unknown is what drives me…

I cast shadows on the sun,
Leaving breathless marks
As I expedient around the crossing barriers that act as brass knuckles…

I am the sun-the moon, the starlit fields…

I am, without a doubt,

Myself…

Story: I'm an aspiring pitcher who will be moving to Omaha, NE following my high school graduation this year... In an effort to reign supreme over the barbaric nature of what has come to be the journey to prosper over the undaunting spiritual aura which hovers profusely around me, I stand here and say,

F*** Genetics!

In entering the second semester of what is to be my last moment's of High school, I have taken it upon myself to deny the genetic code from crippling my chances of becoming a professional baseball player... Dare I say, professional...

For 3.5 years of my life, anxiety has plagued me like a blood-indulging leech sucking on its prey... But in the process, the mentality to succeed has never been greater...

For this past semester, I took it upon myself to enter a realm in which I had never entered before...

And in the process, I said "F*** You, F*** You, F*** You!"

Through the image of what was a reflection of whom I wanted to be, I feasted off the negativity of thoughts in which had blinded me from seeing the light... Each and every day, for when those thoughts make an attempt to paralyze the cervical cords on which bind me to the physical world, I scream like a vulture, "F*** You!"

Me:

5'10, 133-134
Athletic, lean-mean pitching machine... :)

Goal: Gain Weight!

Supplementation:

Protein: GF Pro Cherry/dutch Chocolate

Creatine: Controlled Labs Green Mag

Multi/Antioxidant/Fish oil/health:
Mega men multi
Vigor/Vitaberry plus
Now Super EPA
Now Ginger root
Now Veggie Carotenoids

Lactic Acid buffering/endurance:
High Voltage Body Octane

USP labs anabolic-pump
USP labs Super Cissus RX

Supplements used on Workout day:
BCAA: Excell

I eat/supplement based off my skin... I do my best to keep my skin as clear as I possibly can, hence the long list of supplements...

Diet: To be posted on workout days:

Veggie Intake? I consume 2-4 green smoothies a day...

Spinach/carrots/celery/OJ/Water

I'm still experimenting with smoothies, and will incorporate a larger level of them in my diet, but it does, however, become expensive to continually keep buying them, especially since I live in Alaska...

The workout: May change rep scheme... And excerises:

Day 1
A) Clean 6x4
B) Deadlift 2-3x8
C) DB Bench 4x6
D) Front Squat 5x3
E) Hanging Leg Raise 3xWhatever

Day 2
A) Push Press 6x3
B1) Chins 3x6 (weighted)
B2) Dips 3x8
C) Lat Pull-Down 3x12-15

Day 3 Off

Day 4
A) Overhead Squat 3x8 or pyramid
B1) Incline DB Bench 3x12-15
B2) Row 5x10
C) Lateral Raise 3x8-15

Day 5
A) Clean grip power snatch 3x8
B) Pull-Ups for 30 total reps
C) Bulgarian Split Squats 3x8-12
D) Curls 5x5, 3x8 or 3x15

Anabolic-Pump

Anabolic Pump™ is the first known Compound (OTC or Prescription) to:

* Super saturate (literally force feeds) muscle cells with glucose and amino acids
* Block glucose uptake in fat cells
* Potentiate the positive effects of insulin on muscle cells
* Block triglyceride uptake in fat cells
* Stimulate lipolysis
* Improve lipid profile

First update to come: Sunday evening! :)

I've been using the beta powder since november, but haven't had a chance to workout consistently due to school... But things have changed...

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Anyways, I'm not really sure if I want to do this, but here are some pics...

We all have to start off somewhere...

I don't really care too much for posing since I'm a pitcher...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have an amazing frame for lean and dense gains. AP is a great addition, I'll be watching closely.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Mulletsoldier! :) I'll do my best to continually update this!

Supplementation prior to Workout:
1 serving Green Mag
2 servings excell/1 serving Body Octane sipped on during/post workout...

Workout

Power Clean: 2x65x6, 4x85x4
DB Bench: 2x40x6, 2x45x6
Front Squat: No Squat rack at home, :(
Leg Raises:3x15

Aggression:
I felt tired going into todays workout, but then I looked in the mirror, and felt angry...

Strength
Hard to tell at the moment due to the fact today was the first time I've ever done power cleans: Main focus was on form... DB Bench: I'll hit 60 in 2-3 weeks! :)

Recovery:
I felt pretty good between sets, but it's the first time I've worked out in awhile.

Energy:
Felt a little fatigued going into the workout, and during parts of it, but this where the mental game comes in... Although, I will admit, endurance felt pretty good, and towards the end, I just wanted to keep going!!!

Overall:
6.5, much to improve upon: I look forward to continuing to get my form down on power cleans... I am, in no way going to rush my self through this exercise due to the fact that I could potentially injure myself. But my goal is to hit 135 in about 2 months, which I should be able to do.

Diet:

Supplements Prior to meal 1:
1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal 1
Weight gain shake:
1 % lactaid milk
1 cup oats
1 scoop dutch chocolate pro
6 fish oil
1 multi
1 vigor
1 carotenoid

Supplements Prior to meal 2:
1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal 2
4 pieces of Whole Wheat toast with Smart Balance spread, sprinkled with Cinnamon
Shake:
Lactaid milk
1/2 cup oats
4 Fish oil
Vitaberry Plus

Supplements Prior to meal 3:
1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal 3
Weight gain shake:
1 % lactaid milk
1 cup oats

Meal 4
About a bag of Uncle Ben's ready to eat Brown Rice
Apple Sauce
Lactaid Milk/GF Pro Cherry
Vitaberry Plus

Post workout Shake:
1/2 cup oats
Lactaid milk
1 scoop GF Pro Cherry
Vigor

Supplements Prior to meal 5:
1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal 5: Post workout
1 Chicken Breast
4 pieces Whole Wheat toast with smart Balance spread, sprinkled with Cinnamon
1/2 cup oatmeal sprinkled with cinnamon
Lactaid milk
Multi
Ginger root
4 Fish oil

Notes:
Felt pretty Lazy today in regards to cooking...

80 plus ounces of 1 % lactaid milk consumed...

Messed up dosage with Anabolic-Pump: Will consume three-4 servings a day at every other meal that includes carbs:

If anyone is wondering: I can not eat peanut butter due to a food allergy-it makes me break out... Or else, I would have had some...

Vegetable Smoothie: I'll add more detail on this later-usually I consume about 6-9 carrots a day, and handfulls of spinach...First time I've had celery with drink-never again, lol...
OJ
Water
2 carrots
Spinach
1 celery

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Pics: I'll update weekly... And yes, my posing sucks, and yes, I need to gain weight!!!

Edit: These pics were taken postworkout...

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Good base to work with nice and lean now just concentrate on getting down all those muscle building calories and lifting progressively heavier and heavier weights.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck man, make sure you have a balanced training approach if you are going to keep pitching at the next level. I spent a few years coaching on the college level and saw tons of pitchers with muscle imbalances from too much benching/squatting and not enough back/deadlift stuff. Bodyweight things like dips, pullups and pushups are underrated. BTW, I'd give about 100 grand to be 17 years old again and have your base to build on. Good luck and try to be patient, I know at 17 it isn't easy!

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I'm getting prepped up for my workout, and just incase I end up falling asleep before I get back on to the computer, I figured I'll post this up for now, and edit the workout section when I'm done. Anyways, hope everyone's day went well, and whooh, did not expect the bcs game to go how it did...

Supplements prior to Day 2 workout:
1 serving Green Mag
1 serving Body Octane/2 servings Excell sipped on during/post

Day 2 Workout:
Shoulder Press:2x65x4, 3x75x3, 1x65x5
Pullups: BWx8
Weighted Hammer Chins:BW+10x2, BW+35x8, BW+25x6, BW+25x4, BWx2
Dips:2x8, 1x10, Full Contraction...

Aggression:Watched part of Flight 93 to realize what I have, what I take for granted, and why I want to make it in baseball... This is what motivated me to go workout today, even though it's pretty late at the moment, and I have to go o school in about 5 hours...lol

Strength: Hard to tell at the moment, but hammer chins went okay, and I should improve on shoulder presses. I'll be adding weights to my dips in a week or two.

Recovery: Felt pretty good between sets, and I'm noticing my rotator cuff seems to be feeling pretty good at the moment...

Overall: Awesome pumps today: Arms were rock solid, and so was upper back! Endurance levels were up there, and I had plenty of energy going into the workout!

Diet:

Supplements Prior meal 1:
1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
Dutch Chocolate Protein pancakes X 4 with a little bit of Pure Maple Syrup
Lactaid Milk
1 Multi
1 Vigor
4 Fish Oil
1 Carotenoid

Meal:
Green Smoothie: 3 Large Carrots: A handful of Spinach: Orange Juice: Water
4 X slices of Whole Wheat cinnamon Toast

Lactaid Milk/1 Scoop GF Pro Cherry/handful of Berry mix: Blueberries, Blackberries, Rasberries/3 Strawberries

Supplements Prior meal 3:
1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
1 Chicken Breast
1/2 cup Cream of Wheat
Lactaid Milk
4 Fish oil
1 Vitaberry Plus

Smoothie: In the moment type thing...
1 cup Berry Mix
2 Large Carrots
Water/A tiny bit of Orange Juice/1 Ice Cube

Supplements Prior meal 4:
1 Super Cissus

Meal: Shake:
Lactaid milk
1 Cup oats
1 scoop Dutch Chocolate

Notes: I'm still experimenting with AP Dosage, and will continue to play around with dosage schedule to see how my body responds...

School started today, but due to the fact that I didn't go to bed until after 5 A.M. this morning-I was determined to make sure I did a workout last night, instead of falling asleep, and even more determined to make sure I cooked a postworkout meal, and eat it! My mom allowed me to stay home since I rarely miss school...

Well, since I'm talking about my mom at the moment, she went to sams today, and bought a huge bag of strawberries, carrots, spinach, a mixed bag of berries, and Boneless Chicken breast!
:)

Dutch Chocolate Protein Pancake Recipe:
1 scoop dutch chocolate gf pro
1 1/4- 1 1/2 cups of lactaid milk
1.5 cups of oats
1 Egg
1 tbsp Canola Oil
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely got the base going right. Stay motivated and you'll get to where you want to be. The BCS game was a shocker to me to.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Hey, just wanted to say thanks everyone, and I'll do my best to continually update! :)

Yeah, I was really surprised with the outcome of the game... I didn't expect it to be a blow out!!! Either way, I think this game proves that college football needs a playoff system!

Anabolic-Pump as an Appetite Stimulator!

Possibly...

As you all know, I was previously using the beta powder prior to recieving a bottle of Anabolic-pump,and one thing I took close notice to today was how I respond to simple carbs... Now, in the past, I've noticed a little lethargy, but today was an even more pecuilar, so now I've decided to perform a little experiement...

Can AP, with the right carb manipulation increase appetite?

Time will tell... But I think so...

After meal 3, I didn't have much of an apptite surprisingly, so I decided to have smoothie... A fruit/carrot smoothie at that... After I drank this, I noticed my self going into a state of starvation, atleast, that's what it felt like, and so I decided to have a shake after that going into my workout!

But the shake did not fill me up! I needed more food, or calories, but seeing what time it was, I decided to instead focus my attention on atleast getting the workout done!

Key word: Hypo...

Cliff notes: Carb manipulation may induce a greater need for the consumption of Complex Carbs, there by, possibly increasing appetite due to the quick shuttle of simple carbs... I'm going to play around with aspect...

Basically, I'm going to see if by having simple carbs after a large meal induces a greater need for more food...

The amazing thing about Anabolic-Pump is that one can increase there carb intake, and still lose fat, but what I'm going to experiment with is consuming a fruit smoothie after a large, and satisfying meal to see if I still go Hypo...

Anyways, ttyl...

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
nice work lbarber, keep hittin those weights and you'll realize your dreams faster than you think. give me a shout if you need anything when you get to omaha. I live here! home of the CWS BABY.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Your determination is inspiring bro, don't let that go.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I'm getting prepped up for my workout, and just incase I end up falling asleep before I get back on to the computer, I figured I'll post this up for now, and edit the workout section when I'm done. Anyways, hope everyone's day went well, and whooh, did not expect the bcs game to go how it did...

1 serving Green Mag

Day 2 Workout:
Shoulder Press:2x65x4, 3x75x3, 1x65x5
Pullups: BWx8
Weighted Hammer Chins:BW+10x2, BW+35x8, BW+25x6, BW+25x4, BWx2
Dips:2x8, 1x10, Full Contraction...

Aggression:Watched part of Flight 93 to realize what I have, what I take for granted, and why I want to make it in baseball... This is what motivated me to go workout today, even though it's pretty late at the moment, and I have to go o school in about 5 hours...lol

Strength: Hard to tell at the moment, but hammer chins went okay, and I should improve on shoulder presses. I'll be adding weights to my dips in a week or two.

Recovery: Felt pretty good between sets, and I'm noticing my rotator cuff seems to be feeling pretty good at the moment...

Overall: Awesome pumps today: Arms were rock solid, and so was upper back! Endurance levels were up there, and I had plenty of energy going into the workout!

Diet:

1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
Dutch Chocolate Protein pancakes X 4 with a little bit of Pure Maple Syrup
Lactaid Milk
1 Multi
1 Vigor
4 Fish Oil
1 Carotenoid

Meal:
Green Smoothie: 3 Large Carrots: A handful of Spinach: Orange Juice: Water
4 X slices of Whole Wheat cinnamon Toast

Lactaid Milk/1 Scoop GF Pro Cherry/handful of Berry mix: Blueberries, Blackberries, Rasberries/3 Strawberries

1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
1 Chicken Breast
1/2 cup Cream of Wheat
Lactaid Milk
4 Fish oil
1 Vitaberry Plus

Smoothie: In the moment type thing...
1 cup Berry Mix
2 Large Carrots
Water/A tiny bit of Orange Juice/1 Ice Cube

Supplements Prior meal 4:
1 Super Cissus

Meal: Shake:
Lactaid milk
1 Cup oats
1 scoop Dutch Chocolate

Notes: I'm still experimenting with AP Dosage, and will continue to play around with dosage schedule to see how my body responds...
School started today, but due to the fact that I didn't go to bed until after 5 A.M. this morning-I was determined to make sure I did a workout last night, instead of falling asleep, and even more determined to make sure I cooked a postworkout meal, and eat it! My mom allowed me to stay home since I rarely miss school...

Well, since I'm talking about my mom at the moment, she went to sams today, and bought a huge bag of strawberries, carrots, spinach, a mixed bag of berries, and Boneless Chicken breast!
:)

Dutch Chocolate Protein Pancake Recipe:
1 scoop dutch chocolate gf pro
1 1/4- 1 1/2 cups of lactaid milk
1.5 cups of oats
1 Egg
1 tbsp Canola Oil
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda

Stick with 3 a day that should be more than enough for someone your size

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm thinking of just sticking with breakfast, after school, postworkout...

5 A.M.

And then another dosage around 3:15 P.M.

Followed by one more dosage postworkout...

Or depending on whether or not change up my schedule:

5 A.M.
12:15 P.M.
Postworkout

But if I don't workout till about 8 P.M.

I'll probably add a dose around 5:15 P.M.

I've toyed around with 4-5 doses in a day, although, I felt a little lethargic with 5 servings, but with 4, I felt great...

This week, I'll probably experiment with different times on dosing to get the best benefit out of the product (3 servings).

From what I've read, the half life is around 6 hours, I believe, and I kind of have a weird schedule in respect to when I wake up, and when I workout...

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Update on workout to come, it's about 2:30 a.m. at the moment-I fell asleep for about 5 hours after school, hence why I'm training in the midst of the night, or early morning. I should be heading to the gym in about an hour-hour an half, anyways, here's how things look thus far...

1 serving Green Mag

Day 3 Workout:
Overhead Squats:
DB Incline Bench:
Seating Rows:
Lateral Raises:

Aggression:

Strength:

Recovery:

Overall:

Diet:

1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
Lactaid milk
1 3/4 Cup oats
1 scoop Dutch Chocolate
4 Fish oil
1 multi
1 Vigor
1 carotenoid

Smoothie:
4 StrawBerries/1-1 1/4 cup berries/water/1 ice cube/a little Orange Juice

Supplements Prior meal 2:
1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
4 slices of Cinnamon Toast
Lactaid milk/1 Scoop Gf Pro Cherry/3/4 cup oats
4 Fish oil

Carrot Juice:
3 Carrots/Water/A little bit of Orange juice

1 Super Cissus

Meal:
1/2 cup cinnamon oatmeal
Lactaid Milk
1 scoop gf pro/ about 3/4 oats

Notes: Hasn't been the greatest day... Woke up late for school, so I ended up rushing out the door without eating breakfast-I managed to put some excell in a bottle, and sipped on 4 servings at school... But prior to school, even though I didn't officially eat breakfast, I had some food earlier in the morning which kept me fueled... Anyways, as long as I get through with the workout, things should be okay-I'll probably just go to sleep when I get home from school, and update on my next workout Friday, or saturday...

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
Whats is like living in dark or light for such an extended period of time?

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
nice log!! You keep that lean and keep putting on muscle man the chicks will be chasing if they are not all ready... great job!!

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, I'll be updating later tonight, and doing my day 4 workout tomorrow! Snatches-never done them before, but they should be fun, lol... And I'll either post pics tomorrow morning, or sunday morning... Anyways, it's lunch now, ttyl...

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Just picke dup on this log. Great work so far bro! Very disciplined and organized for your age, AWESOME! With your allready very lean physique, your discipline and determination, along with a lot of quality nutrients, hard training, and AP putting it all together, you are going to have great success with the gains that are striving for! Keep it up bro, I will be watching along wiht everyone else here!:wave:

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Well, since I missed my day 3 workout, I sort of combined my last 2 workouts of the week into one workout! First time ever doing Snatches! :) Will Add my closing notes to this later... And update diet, until then, ttyl...

1 serving Green Mag

Day 3+4 Workout:
One arm DB Snatches: 3x45x4, 1x40x4
DB Incline Bench:1x25x12, 2x25x10
Deep Back Squats: 3x135x8
CG Pullups: bwx8, bw+25x6, bw+25x4, bwx6, bwx4
Standing DB Lunge: 1x25x10, Walking DBLunge:1x25x20 steps, Standing DB Lunge: 1x35x6
Seating Rows:3x60x10

Aggression: Listened to Till I Collapse before I left, and read some inspirational quotes: Mental Focus:10

Strength: I had a pretty good day today in regards to strength, but there's always room for improvement, and I especially look forward to the coming weeks!!! I will own Snatches! And Back Squats should go up fairly easily! I didn't know how to do bulgarian squats, so I did back squats...:( But they went alright, I made sure to go very deep...

Recovery: Felt great between sets, but I was winded through parts of the workout, especially as I was doing snatches-whooh, took a lot out of me!

Overall: Insane leg pumps while doing One arm DB snatches, and I wasn't planning on adding weights to my CG Pullups, but bw felt easy for me, so I said, what the heck, why not, lol... Other then that, it took a little over an hour to complete the workout, and energy levels were pretty awesome to say the least!!! I just wanted to keep doing more and more! lol... About 8.5 for today...

Diet:

Supplements Prior:
1 Super Cissus

Upon Waking:Berry protein Smoothie
1 cup berry mix: rasberries, blueberries, blackberries, 1 ice cube, water
1 sccop GF Pro Cherry

1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
Lactaid milk
4 pieces whole wheat toast
1 top serloin steak
6 Fish oil
1 multi
1 Vigor
1 ginger root

Green Smoothie:
3 carrots, handful of Spinach/OJ/water

Supplements Prior meal 2:
1 Super Cissus

Meal: Shake
1 scoop GF Pro Dutch Chocolate
Lactaid milk
about 1.5 cup oats
1 veggie carotenoid
4 Fish oil

Berry Smoothie
1+ Cup Berry Mix: Rasberries, Blueberries, marionberries, 2 ice cube, water

1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
4 slices of whole wheat cinnamon Toast
Lactaid Milk
1 scoop gf pro/ about 3/4 oats

Great log! One thing that I learned is that mentality is a necessity in life.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could I ask why you do this:

Day 1
A) Clean 6x4
B) Deadlift 2-3x8
D) Front Squat 5x3

And also a leg excercise on days 4+5? The three excercises on day one are a bit redundant, IMO, as are the excercises on the other two days. The clean, DL, and squat are pretty much variations on the same excercise.

I would do two of those excercises once a week each; DL on day one, squat on day 4 or 5 (which you could follow by cleans if you really felt the need). But DL is very hard on the CNS, and if you're lifting heavy, you'll want to cut it down to 2-3 times a month.

Just my humble opinion. :) Good luck with acheiving your goals!

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, yes! I agree, that's why I'm thinking of just sticking with power cleans on day 1! I'm brand new to this exercise, so I wasn't sure what to expect since I would be using lighter weights at first, but like snatches, they're pretty tiring, and I've come to appreciate the exercise for what it is, and what benefits I may recieve from doing it! :)

I'm still not sure about doing over head squats the day before snatches... But they should help with balance, and from my understanding, the exercise becomes a battle from within to maintain form which may benefit myself from a mental stand point.

But yes, if you've done powerlifting before, or have incorporated any of these exercises into one of your routines, feel free to give me any pointers-I'm brand new to this style of lifting, and would appreciate any help!

Also, in the past when I've done a three day split, I would perform the squat/deadlift on seperate days...

Deads on Back/bi day, and Squats on leg day... Although, I would do front squats on Back/bi day also.

I deadlifted 2-3 times a month, and if I deadlifted heavy one week, and performed the deadlift again the next week, I used lighter weights...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You got the idea, I think. :)

I started DL'ing mid last year. As I had herniated a disc the year before, and my lower back and hams were weak from disuse, I started with 4 x 10 x 135, and it tore me up (hamstrings), but felt good. I even did it twice a week for a while, and as it was light and high rep, it wasn't an issue.

I worked my way up to 5 x 10 x 185 in a couple months, and that was tough. I hit a plateau. So I talked with a powerlifting buddy of mine, cut my reps down to sets of 5 for a couple weeks (which quickly took me to 225 while still DL'ing twice a week), then down to singles, and once a week. That took me to 265 or so, but I started to feel overtrained (keep in mind I wasn't doing any other leg excercises, no squat, leg press, etc).

So now I do it on a rotating schedual: Fri, then a week and a half later on Wed, the a week and a half later Fri, etc. As my back and hams caught up to my quad strength, and surpassed it, I added in squats recently, on the workout day following DL. So if I DL on Fri, I'll squat on Mon, then DL the Wed the week after that and squat Fri two days later. Sounds complicated, but it's easy. I also added light stiff legged DL after squats. Very light.

Reps wise a workout looks like this:

10 x bar
10 x 95
5 x 135
2 x 185
1 x 225
1 x 275
1 x 305
1 x 335

I also use 35lb plates sometimes to break through plateaus, it's really hard, and really effective, as you have to pull from 1.5 in deeper.

That's my input. If you're really new to DL, I think it's OK to 'overtrain' a bit, as you're likely lifting lighter than you really are capable of, but once you hit heavy singles...beware.

My sole goal is to DL 405 at under 200lbs bodyweight, and I'm sticking to it. I love DL. :p Your milage may vary.

Ahh, yes! I agree, that's why I'm thinking of just sticking with power cleans on day 1! I'm brand new to this exercise, so I wasn't sure what to expect since I would be using lighter weights at first, but like snatches, they're pretty tiring, and I've come to appreciate the exercise for what it is, and what benefits I may recieve from doing it! :)

I'm still not sure about doing over head squats the day before snatches... But they should help with balance, and from my understanding, the exercise becomes a battle from within to maintain form which may benefit myself from a mental stand point.

But yes, if you've done powerlifting before, or have incorporated any of these exercises into one of your routines, feel free to give me any pointers-I'm brand new to this style of lifting, and would appreciate any help!

Also, in the past when I've done a three day split, I would perform the squat/deadlift on seperate days...

Deads on Back/bi day, and Squats on leg day... Although, I would do front squats on Back/bi day also.

I deadlifted 2-3 times a month, and if I deadlifted heavy one week, and performed the deadlift again the next week, I used lighter weights...
I pulled some strings with a few key folks in the baseball industry. Since you are motivated to be the best, I like to extend a helping hand.

His website is Baseball Training - Baseball Strength Training - Baseball Instruction. Contact me at [email protected] for his direct e-mail. He is a top trainer in the industry.

In exchange all I ask if for intense dedicated focus at the task at hand.

If you agree, Please shot over that e-mail!

take care

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That, my friend, is kick ass. Kudos, USP.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
*runs and slams 61 Powerfull, pops collar*

:huh: lol

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I don't even know what to say... I appreciate everyone's support, and I will continue to do my best keep this log updated on a weekly basis...

Pics will be posted tomorrow morning, as well as my thoughts thus far on Anabolic-pump, and Super Cissus...

USPlabs, Jacob, Thank you! Thank you for providing the industry with awesome supplements, and just being there to extend a helping hand! :) I'm literally just speechless at the moment, and I'm having a hard time finding words to express how I feel- Once again, thank you for your support, and I'll be sure to send you an email!

Again, one last time, thank you to everyone and the encouragement you're providing me to succeed!

Let's just say, I can't wait till my next workout!

Wow, I don't even know what to say... I appreciate everyone's support, and I will continue to do my best keep this log updated on a weekly basis...

Pics will be posted tomorrow morning, as well as my thoughts thus far on Anabolic-pump, and Super Cissus...

USPlabs, Jacob, Thank you! Thank you for providing the industry with awesome supplements, and just being there to extend a helping hand! :) I'm literally just speechless at the moment, and I'm having a hard time finding words to express how I feel- Once again, thank you for your support, and I'll be sure to send you an email!

Again, one last time, thank you to everyone and the encouragement you're providing me to succeed!

Let's just say, I can't wait till my next workout!
This is in no way shape or form meant to influence your log. Keep it real, We all know supplements help, but there is a bigger puzzle in our quest.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
No worries USP, the generosity you have expressed towards me will not effect how I run this log! :)

Pics to come in a sec...

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic-Pump notes:

Pumps: I notice nice, dry pumps as I eat during the day, but note, this does not always occur... Sometimes, I recieve no pumps at all, and other times, I have a pro-longed pumped feeling throughout the day...

I also notice that my bowels are more flucatuated with its use, but this does not always occur.

When taken with simple carbs, I tend to go hypo-in the process, I feel like a ravaged beast searching the jungle for its nearest prey, but in my case, searching for complex carbs... Usually I'll then eat a couple slices of toast, or 1/2 cup of oatmeal...

I do feel lethargic at times while taking this product, but it only seems to happen when I don't eat enough complex carbs-in that case, I then consume more complex carbs to satisfy my
hunger...

When I first began taking the beta powder, I noticed I used to sweat quite a bit at night... From reading notes from others, I learned they, too, dealt with a similar problem due to the potency of the product. I no longer sweat as profusely at night, and most of the time, not at all.

Pumps in the Gym: Wow! ... Wow! ... Dare I say, 'WOW!' one more time... Okay, wow! My pumps are much more profound when I workout now, and they last longer-I'm comparing this to when I took a NO booster in the past: CL Whiteblood!

Literally, now note, I'm not dramatizating, I had to stop one of my workouts due to the fact that I could barely move my arms-My entire upper body swelled up! Crazy-that's the most profound pump I've recieved when utilizing this product with my workouts...

Anyways, that's about it for now... ttyl, I'll update on super cissus next week since I started taking it January 5.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Jacob, I again would like to say thank you for the generosity you've expressed towards me... This is the probably one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me, and for that, again, I say thank you! Anyways, I'm still waiting to hear back from jon regarding a routine-he sent me a book last night that he wrote with John Davies, and whooh... I immediently dove into it, and read all 105 pages! Absolutely awesome book, and I highly recommend it for any baseball players looking to elevate there game! It's called, Diamonds...

But seeing how today is tuesday, and I've had two days to recover, I'm going to still workout.

Notices: I'm dealing with some doms in my legs, but with a good warm up, I should be good to go! :) Once I finish the workout, and get back home, I'll edit the workout section...

Supplements Prior:
1 Serving Green Mag
1 Serving Body Octane/1 serving Excell sipped on during/post

Day 1 Workout:

Power Clean: 3x95x10
Push Press: 1x75x5, 1x85x4, 1x75x4
Jump Squat: 3x5

Aggression: I was completely focused for this workout! The last few days have really put things in perspective for me, and I plan on tearing it up in the gym as I get more accustomed to these new lifts!

Strength: Well, I went up in weight for push presses, and power cleans went pretty well. I maintained consistent form even though I did higher reps then I what had originally planned!

Recovery: My legs were burning after my first set of power cleans, but I managed to get through two more sets! Endurance was pretty good, and I especially look forward to doing this lift again very soon!

Overall: I ran into a football coach from one the High School's around anchorage, and had him check my form on power cleans. After conversing with him for a bit, and doing cleans with just the bar, I ended up doing 3 sets with 95 lbs x 10, and wow! My legs were burning! It was a lot of fun though-I now have pretty solid form on this exercise, and I look forward to doing them again pretty soon! :) Push presses went pretty well-I managed to go heavier this week then last week which is pretty cool to say the least, and I maintained form. I attempted behind the neck snatch presses, but had quite a few problems-I just couldn't get the bar up...:( The exercise felt really uncomfortable, but I'm still going to try these out again. Maybe it was just because my shoulders were already tired, but other then that, the workout went pretty good. I'm happy about how the power cleans went, and I should be putting up bw for these pretty soon!

Diet:

Supplements Prior:
1 Super Cissus

Upon Waking: Berry Protein Smoothie
1+ cup of mixed berries: Blueberries, rasberries, and marion berries
5 Strawberries
1 scoop GF Pro Cherry/2 ice cube/water

Supplements Prior:
1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
4 x slices of Wholewheat Cinnamon Toast
About 1 1/4 cup cinnamon oatmeal
Shake: Lactaid milk/1 scoop GF pro Cherry/ about 3/4 cup oats
4 Fish oil
1 Multi
1 Vigor
1 Ginger root

Berry Smoothie
1+ cup of mixed berries: Blueberries, rasberries, and marion berries
5 strawberries/2 ice cubes/water

Meal:
4 x slices of whole wheat cinnamon
toast

1/2 cup Cinnamon Oatmeal
Top Serloin Steak
Lactaid milk
4 Fish oil

Supplements Prior:
1 Super Cissus
1 Anabolic-Pump

Meal:
1 scoop GF Pro/Lactaid Milk/about 3/4 oats
1 vitaberry plus

Notes:

I'm experiencing doms at the moment in my legs, but I had a pretty solid warm up today, and managed to still go through with my workout...

During meal 1, I literally could not fill myself up! After having about 1 1/4 cups of oatmeal with 4 slices of toast, I still felt incredibly hungry, hence why I added about 3/4 cups of oats to a shake! All in all, today went by pretty well, although, I did notice I ended up sweating in my sleep last night. Kind of ironic how I had written about AP causing me to originally sweat in my sleep, and ended up sweating last night, lol... But I still ended up sleeping well, and had another vivid, senstational dream. I'll be working out again tomorrow, so look for an update tomorrow night, ttyl.

This is what I'm planning on doing tomorrow: Although, I'll probably make some changes to it...

One arm DB Snatch 4 x 6
Overhead Squats 4 x 6
Squats 3 x 10
Hyperextensions 3 x 12
Weighted Sit Ups 3 x 12

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, once you put some mass on them your bicep is going to have an absolutely sickening peak!

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
haha, no worries Jacob, I'll be sure to make this log USP friendly for now on!

I'll be providing my last update for this week tomorrow night... I just recieved the program I'll be using from Jon, and then begin updating consistenly beginning next monday!

Jacob, again, thank you!

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Alright, well, I figured I'll update on what's going on, and what should be happening over the next week...

At the moment, I'm taking milk out of my diet-I believe I have a food allergy to it, and will instead share part goat ownership in order to recieve my raw milk from a farm outside of anchorage, alaska...

It's actually been quite a bit of work convincing my parents to allow me to do this; no matter what I tell them, they don't seem to understand the benefits raw milk can have on the human body! But, through careful negotiations, I think I managed to persuade them, hopefully...

Anyways, in the mean time, my calcium intake will mostly come from vegetables...

Diet will be changing: More lean meats, and I'll start eating pasta again...

I also am changing my school schedule-I'm selling my psp and ds I bought a while back, and will be using that money towards a couple of online classes in order to get out of school earlier.

If this all pans out over the next few days, preferrably by monday, I'll be getting out of school by 10:30 a.m.! :) This will allow an ample amount of time daily to eat on schedule, and in the process, work out at an earlier time.

The current gym I go to does not offer some of the stuff I need for some of the exercises I'll be doing, and I'm currently negotiating to hopefully get a membership to a gym near mid town-they have a an indoor track, and gymnasium, which should be perfect for some of the things I'll be doing, but I've yet to see there weight room.

The great thing about the current gym I go to is that it's cheap, nice equipment, ample amount of space to train-open 24 hours, and has mostly free weights! I go to worlds gym in case any one is wondering-it's privately own, I believe...

Other then that, I went and played basketball today since I may not be playing for awhile.

I look forward to continuing this log starting monday! tty all later,

Frank

R3d

R3d

Awards
You've got great determination/dedication.

Any updates in regards to AP?

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Tomorrow morning, along with a super cissus update! :)

Edit: January 22nd...

Update will come... Dealing with some family drama, :(... But i'm doing my best to get this thing going again, look for update in next day or two-but this log will commence! :)

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Figured I give a quick update on what's been happening:

School:

Dropped 3 classes and replaced with online classes...

I will now be getting out at about 10:30 A.M.

This is being finalized tomorrow morning...

Gym issue: Currently, this is what is preventing me from doing my program... I had just signed up at worlds gym about 1-2 months before jacob extended his hand to help me out... Again, thank you, and I will not let you, nor jon down with the log! I made a promise to keep to my word, and I will do exactly that!

The new program I will be doing incorporates sprinting/medicine ball/plyo work, and I cannot perform these at my current gym...

Only gym here in town that offers a place for me to implicate these exercises into my workout is kind of expensive: I think about 100 dollars a month, or close to that, more or less...

Solution: I'm cashing in a few things, and giving my parents the first few months payments...

Job lined up at 18 with pepsi... Have already been offered the job, but I'm not 18 yet, but in a couple of months, I will be.

Once I get the job, I will be making the payments on the gym membership, which means, parents wouldn't have to pay a thing.

Sounds good to me, but I shall find out tomorrow if I can go and sign up.

One more thing: If I can't sign up yet, expect a workout update excluding some of the exercises for now... tty tomorrow, or later today since it's probably tomorrow where everyone else lives... anyways, ttyl

Frank

Chewster

Chewster

Awards
If baseball dosent come through I honestly think you should persue some sort of career in journalism, author, english teacher??? Keep up the hard work, if your determined, its not hard to change your body, just know that it will be done. It takes time, dont let your self grow impatient and it sounds like your interested in changin things up, so I doubt youll be gettin tired of the same old routine. later.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
This log is not dead! Update to come tomorrow, along with my first workout with the new program... Everything was going great today until I found myself pitted in what was to be another heated argument with my dad... But don't worry, I think he is finally beginning to understand my lifestyle, and why these next four months are going to be pretty important for me.

But to also note: For those wondering, I hold a ton of respect for my dad, but we do disagree with some things, most notably when it pertains to baseball and the future. He didn't exactly have it easy growing up-dad left his family when he was about 10, and he ended up having to work his a** off to help put food on the table. Being the oldest of four children, he put the load on himself, and sacrificed part of his child hood, as well as his teenage years in order to help support his mom, two brothers, and sister.

Basically, he's been working for the last 40 plus years; retired from the military after 30 years: Rank Chief, and is now working up at the slope in Alaska.

This is also one of the reasons why I want to succeed in baseball, and why I'll do anything to make it. When you get to understand his background, and how rough he really had it, it really puts things in perspective...

Anyways, look for an update tomorrow night...

P.S. I now get out of school at 10:30 A.M.! :)

Things are looking up!

ttyl,

Frank

Figured I give a quick update on what's been happening:

School:

Dropped 3 classes and replaced with online classes...

I will now be getting out at about 10:30 A.M.

This is being finalized tomorrow morning...

Gym issue: Currently, this is what is preventing me from doing my program... I had just signed up at worlds gym about 1-2 months before jacob extended his hand to help me out... Again, thank you, and I will not let you, nor jon down with the log! I made a promise to keep to my word, and I will do exactly that!

The new program I will be doing incorporates sprinting/medicine ball/plyo work, and I cannot perform these at my current gym...

Only gym here in town that offers a place for me to implicate these exercises into my workout is kind of expensive: I think about 100 dollars a month, or close to that, more or less...

Solution: I'm cashing in a few things, and giving my parents the first few months payments...

Job lined up at 18 with pepsi... Have already been offered the job, but I'm not 18 yet, but in a couple of months, I will be.

Once I get the job, I will be making the payments on the gym membership, which means, parents wouldn't have to pay a thing.

Sounds good to me, but I shall find out tomorrow if I can go and sign up.

One more thing: If I can't sign up yet, expect a workout update excluding some of the exercises for now... tty tomorrow, or later today since it's probably tomorrow where everyone else lives... anyways, ttyl

Frank

Use your head my friend...your success is not dependant on a gym membship.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry about it usp, I'm going to tweak some things with the program, but other then that, I should be good to go. Instead of performing sprints on the ground, I'll do it on the treadmill: as far as medicine ball work is concerned, I'm not sure about these... I need a wall to throw against, and hmm... no where to throw in my gym, but I'll figure something out.

Anyways, I spent quite of bit of time this week watching videos of olympic lifts, and I've been working on my form for hanging power snatches, side deadlifts, and hanging clean pulls, and feel my form is pretty solid on them! :) I'm going to have someone at the gym check my form, but other then that, should be good workout today, ttyl

Frank