tomall2's "about time" log for the 4000th post contest log (hyperdrol/massfx)

tomall2

Awards
tomall2's "about time" log for the 4000th post log contest (hyperdrol/massfx)

PRELUDE to a LOG:

Shortly after this contest originated back in September I trained myself into some severe elbow tendonitis. Thankfully, the product I was chosen for took a long time to arrive, as it allowed time for me to heal almost completely. Unfortunately, strength, diet and everything else veered way off course, except I did quit my tobacco habit. But since I had plenty of time to plan this log out, you would think I should have all kinds of bells and whistles jumping off the page. Quite the contrary, this will be a bare bones, nitty gritty, back to the basics type of log.

This log will be so primitive that even the workout routine is nothing more than beginner basics.

One last note: In an effort to keep this log fresh and to avoid duplicating my efforts, I am providing a link to my fitday summary page for anyone interested in my diet for that particular day:

FitDay.com - Diet and Fitness journal for tomalley2

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tester/Logger: tomall2

Products: AX's Hyperdrol, AX's Mass FX & AX's Retain

Duration: 30 days (contest requirement)

Weight as of 1/1/07: 210

Height: 5'08"

Diet: Out of control. Looking to clean it up and get back to 40/40/20.

Goals: 1. Build up strength, 2. Decrease body fat & 3. Increase lean muscle mass.

Misc:

I workout 7 days out of 14, basically the days I work (2 wk rotation).

In brief, I hurt my arm and haven't been able to lift the way I want for a while. I'm weak and trying to get back into things slowly.

Starting off pretty much from scratch, I am going to follow AX's Ultimate Cycle: Anabolic Xtreme

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Staples:
Multi-V
Vit C
Flax seed & Fish Oil
AI's Cycle Support
Cissus (bulk form)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Plan:

Warm up with 5-10 minutes cardio
1 exercise @ 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps for each major muscle group
End with 15-30 minutes cardio
------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my first log ever, so any help or advice is welcome.

Last edited:
Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Bout time brotha man :) Good luck on this, make sure not to screw that forearm up :)

tomall2

Awards
Day 1

It's great to live at night. Already been to the gym and here is where I'm at:

12 minute warm-up on stationary bike

[I'll be using the nautilus machines for a few weeks to get some strength back in my arm; it's pointless using free weights at this juncture, I'd just be asking for re-injury.]

Rear Delts & Upper Back
Reverse Pec Dec

4 sets 65x10

Lats & Back
Seated Row (Hammer Grip)

80x15
95x12
110x10

Chest
Seated Bench Press

80x15
95x12
110x10

Delts & Traps
Lat Raises

3 sets 50x15

Triceps
Seated Extensions

50x15
55x12
65x10

Biceps
Seated Curls

50x15
55x12
65x10

Finished up with 7 minutes on the treadmill.

All in all, everything went pretty good. Little to no discomfort in the elbow/forearm area. I'm a little disappointed with the treadmill effort but I'm sure it had to do with the holidays passing through. I'll hit it again tomorrow and go from there. I'll modify my workout where I'll pretty much hit the same muscle areas but with different exercises or a different area of the muscle. In a few weeks I'll see how things are going and maybe look to step it up to the big boy side of the gym. I definitely do not want to rush into it because it $ucks worse not being able to do anything than it does having to sit here and write how I have to use nautilus machines for a while.

I'll be updating my diet throughout the day as I eat (the reason for using fitday) and it can be checked out at: FitDay.com - Diet and Fitness journal for tomalley2

tomall2

Awards
Day 2

Woke up feeling good after a decent sleep. Noticed a slight head ache on the way to work. Don't know the cause as it seemed to linger for a few hours after I got there.

Diet is not as clean as I'd like to get it but anything is better than eating holiday junk all day and night long. As a result, I weighed in at 208 today. 2 lbs is no big deal considering the amount of junk flying around during the holidays, all I had to do was close my mouth for a few hours and I was sure to lose something.

Off to the gym:

(still using nautilus machines)

Rear Delts/Upper Back
Reverse Pec Dec

4 sets 65x10

Lats/Back
Lat Pull Down

80x15
95x12
110x10

Chest
Incline Bench Press

65x15
80x12
95x10

Delts
Military Press

50x15
55x12
65x10

Tri's
Seated Push Downs

95x15
110x12
110x10

Bi's
Seated Curls
50x16
65x12
65x10

Finished up with 8 minutes on the treadmill.

After a full day of supps I can't really say I felt any different. The biggest difference I did notice was on the treadmill. Before the holidays I was running the treadmill for 20+ minutes, now I can barely get 6. And that was pushing it. I'm gonna have to switch my cardio to the beginning of the workout to see if that makes a difference. I also noticed an increased pump in my legs while I was running. Iwas on the verge of my calves cramping up but they never did quite get that far.

As for the lifting, I still get a slight twinge in my forearm on pulling exercises or anything requiring a firm grip. Pushing exercises are no problem and I felt I could go heavier if I had too. A decent pump but nothing to go shouting about, yet.

In case it wasn't clear, I'll be taking the supps according to the protocol AX's Ultimate Cycle so I won't be up to full dosage on the good stuff until next week. In case you missed it the info can be found here: Anabolic Xtreme

one

tomall2

Awards
Days 3 & 4

Off Days.

Slept alot and had wings and beer for the cotton bowl. Water consumption was about 1/2 of where I wanted to keep it and I lost track of my supps halfway through the second day. By the end of my days off I was needing (hoping for) 2 more.

I will say, libido seems to be picking up. I've had the urge and the motivation to rub one out going on 3 days in a row now. :woohoo:

I didn't really get good sleep last night, I think it was cuz I screwed up my dosing schedule, but the night before I had some weird, loopy a$$ dreams. I'll try to keep my attention on this; I usually don't remember any dreams when I sleep.

Back to work tonight; water and supps all straightened out just in time for the weekend schedule.

tomall2

Awards
Day 5

Elbow a little stiff but strength in forearm is back. Workout was decent but could have gotten more out of myself. Didn't want to do too much on my first day back.

I'll get to the workout in a second, I just have to mention this next bit first. I took my pre wo dose a little less than 1/2 hour before going to the gym which I now see is a big no-no!!

I worked out for about an hour then drove another 45 minutes home but stopped at the grocery store for another 45 minutes or so.

When I finally got home, it was like a switch flipped in my head and I went ballistic. I went in and saw that nothing had been cleaned up from the previous day and that I had to clean up before I could get myself some grub. This is a normal at my house but today I lost my mind. I broke the door off its hinges and smashed some dishes and came within a decent education and upbringing from being in jail tonight. I had to take a xanny bar and an ambien to knock my self out. I figured I was getting "offed" in my sleep and really didn't care about waking up during the middle of it.

Thankfully calmer heads prevailed and life goes on for now. I am leary about continueing this stack but will go forward with it unless something else happens.

Started with a 10 minute warm-up on stationary bike and followed it with 10 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.

[Still using the nautilus]

Rear Delts & Upper Back
Reverse Pec Dec
4 sets 50x10

Lats & Back
Seated Row (Hammer Grip)
95x12
110x10
125x8

Chest
Seated Bench Press
95x12
110x10
125x8

Delts & Traps
Lat Raises
3 sets 65x10

Triceps
Seated Extensions
65x12
70x10
80x8

Biceps
Seated Curls
65x12
65x10
70x8

tomall2

Awards
Day 6

13 minutes running on the treadmill

Doing cardio first is the way to go as I have been able to increase my runs this week with no discomfort or struggle whatsoever.

(still using nautilus machines)

Rear Delts/Upper Back
Reverse Pec Dec
3 sets 65x10

Lats/Back
Lat Pull Down
95x12
110x10
125x8

Chest
Incline Bench Press
80x12
95x10
110x8

Delts
Military Press
50x12
65x10
80x18

Tri's
Seated Dips
110x12
125x10
140x8

Bi's
Seated Curls
65x12
70x10
70x8

Managed to take supps earlier to working out but still felt like a loose cannon. However, I was able to stay under control. Workout was great and I was feeling stronger the more I got into it. HTV and Charlie Lane were able to kick libido into overdrive and I slept like a baby afterwards.

Slight headache on way to work today but need to eat so that might be a contributing factor.

Looking forward to increasing dosage this week, giddyyupp!

tomall2

Awards
Day 7 - Day 13

Where do I begin. Well I can tell you where I wasn't for the past week and that's in the gym. I started my 2 off days with the week 2 dosage amount and then it was pretty much downhill from there.

The day I was scheduled to return to work I had to call off because I had been up for over 24 hours and to try and push it another 14 would have been too much. Then the next night, I woke up at the time I was supposed to be at work and when I called to let them know I was running late I just went ahead and called out. Then I was off the weekend.

I made it back to work tonight and will pick it up where I left off. I saw the post regarding the contest and I am under no illusion about my chances in this contest. I'm going to continue this log for the experience and hopefully get some good feedback on how to improve my logs for future runs.

Observations over the past week:

Over the past week, morning wood has increased, no more temper outbursts have occurred and elbow still hurts. Diet has been all over the place and not all bad either. Been consuming mega amounts of fiber and protein and carbs. Just not in proper proportions.

Perhaps TMI but I had a stool that replicated the last 16 inches of my intestines staring up at me today.