Bad Ass Kabuki's (ALR's JW/BAM/Restore) Log

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
BAD ASS MASS™ 60 caps Pro-Anabolic Matrix -

Bad Ass Mass™ is designed to support serious mass gain through the most effective pro-anabolic pathways.
1. Stimulate muscle AR’s for enhanced protein synthesis and tissue repair.
2. Bind SHBG to increase levels of free testosterone.
3. Increase LH/FSH to maximize output of natural testosterone.
4. Increase glycogen retention and optimize internal hydration levels.
5. Support superior protein synthesis through modulation of transcription factors.
6. Inhibits excessive cortisol levels for an anti-catabolic effect.
7. Promote recovery of the neuromuscular matrix.
8. Provide superior results either in a synergistic stack or as a standalone supplement

JW -----

Restore ---

BAM ----

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Who Am I?

• Sex: M
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 237
  • Body type: classic Mesomorph
  • Est. BF% : 11% based on 3 point skin fold - i know i don't look it in my washed out pics and my soft powerlifting appearance from my low rep training...but the skin fold doesn't appear to be lying as you can still see my abs from the side shot and the front even so. But yes i agree i don't look it.
Training experience (as much detail as possible.. TELL US ABOUT WHY we should choose you!!):
I'm a powerlifter. I trained inconsistently in the 90s going through high school and while completing my undergraduate degree. Began training seriously in 2001, and started powerlifting in 2002. I am a very dedicated lifter..almost to the point of being obsessive. I trained 4 days a week right up to my wedding this summer. I have built a basement powerlifting gym where i train a few guys, but have a hell of a time finding anyone that will train with the level of intensity and detirmination I need. My current bests were achieved about 2 years ago when i was still entering competitions regularly. 578bench, 672squat, 650 deadlift. I had only been squating for 6 months at that time. I have since done an easy 605 bench in the gym and done 700x3 on the squat, and pulled 725x3 form mid shin. All these were done last summer when i was 260@18%+. I'm definelty weaker after my cut.

Current Training Schedule / Protocol (as much detail as possible):
I follow a modified Westside program.
Monday - dynamic effort deadlift or box sqauting followed by assistance work on traps, side delts, and bi's. possible lowerback work as well.
Tuesday - Maximum effort training on bench followed by triceps and shoulders
Wed-off
Thursday- Maximum effort training on squats followed by hamstring and lowerback
Friday - Dynamic effort bench followed by Lats, rear delts, and bi's if there is time.

Cardio Schedule/Protocol (as much detail as possible):
No Cardio - i know I'll take flak on that one but my aggressive training seems to maintain good cardio vascular health. BP is 110 over 55 and resting heart rate is less than 50bpm.

Current supplements (exact brand/product name):
Fish oil - Kirkland
CLA - Bulk Nutrition
Sesamin - Scivation
EsterC - Natrol
Performance Multi - Kirkland
Super Milk Thistle - Enzymatic Therapy
NAC - Now
pght - Universal kits

Current Nutrition and Macros (as much detail as possible):
30/50/20 protein/carbs/fats. my maintenance calories is around 3800 during mild training and goes up to around 4500 calories when training aggressivly. I get a minimum of 300-375grams of protein and adjust my carbs based on my training levels. Mostly whole grain, whole foods, and minimal to any processed food. I use all organic products whenever possible. This is pretty easy as I use an organic deliver service that drops everything off once a week. However i do go out to eat once every week or so and may indulge in a burger and fries at a decent restuarant.
Current Daily water intake:
1 to 1.5 gallons

Short Term Goal:
Get my composition to 250lbs at 10%bf to maximize my muscle mass in the 242lb class (dropping 8lbs water for weigh ins and reconstituting) remember powerlifting not BBing.

Long Term Goal:
All in the 242lb class
Squat 900+
Bench 700+
Deadlift 800+

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs (for the last 60 days)
couple beers about a month ago.

Supplement history (as much detail as possible):
Now that is a question. I think the best i can do is catagories and some companies that i've tried pretty much their whole line.
I've taken numerous types of: creatine's, NO prodcuts, PH products (been 1 year since last use and 1.5 since meythlated compunds), and natural Test Boosters such as Activate and Diesel Test.

Companies i've taken many of their product offerings: ALRI, Get Diesel, Designer Supps, USP, Anabolic Extreme, Thermolife, Gaspari.

I'm sorry that is the best i can do, i've tried so many supps I can't remember

Other product reviews / logs you have done (with links):
I've only done one, but it was a detailed 18 week log.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=8367513#post8367513
I've been thinking of doing another log so the timing is perfect.

Do you have ANY injuries presently that limit your training (explain)none
Some crappy Washed out pics from a PL that doesn't know how to pose:bb2: :run:

Attachments

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Protocol for cycle

The fun starts on 1/1/07.

Wk 1 - JW
Wk 2 - JW
Wk 3 - JW/BAM
Wk 4 - JW/BAM
Wk 5 - BAM/Restore
Wk 6 - BAM/Restore
Wk 7 - Restore
Wk 8 - Restore

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 Measurements

Measurements on day 1

All taken relaxed

Shoulders - 54.75"
Chest - 50.75"
Waist (at widest point) - 40"
Quads - 26"
Calves - 16.75"
Upper Arm (hanging) - 17"
forearm (hanging) - 14"

Caliper Measurements:
Thigh 8mm
Chest 12mm
Abdomen 16mm

= 11% BF according to Body Tracker - Online Body Fat Percentage Calculator

The Holiday's were not the best for me as I only made one workout and a few lbs of bodyweight was stripped off due to inconsistency in eating due to travel.

Also, I've just about got my basement power pit finished so most of my workouts are there which will allow me to easily provide video clips of training.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 Day 1

BW - 232.8 upon waking for consistency, while I average about 4-5lbs more during the day.

I was planning on a light day as I had lost weight over the last week, and had spent all day today bent over the welding bench in my shop working on a lat pulley machine.

But I think my preworkout caffiene (r4w) that i had denied myself for a week put me in the mood.

Deadlift - this was my last week in a periodization for my speedworkout
135x10
135x10
225x5
315x3
405x1
495x1
585x1x1x1x1x1x1 (with 30-45seconds rest between reps)
Here is a video of the last rep...still had some ok speed. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIhrXEo2ozc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Standing Barbell Shrugs
405x20
495x17x12x12x12
video of first set - [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6LSj50RjkQ"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Dumbell Curls w/out forearm rotation
35x12
45x10x10x10 last set was sloppier than i wanted

Seated Dumbell Shrugs - good contraction at top
115x16x16

Dumbell Side Laterals
20x12
25x12
30x12x12x12

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 Day 2

BW upon waking 232.2

Suprised myself by lifting strong again today. I wasn't expecting to after deadlifting somewhat heavy yesterday and still being down in BW. Maybe its the JW...but that would be a little early to be kicking in. Anyway workouts are going well.

Board Presses using Hammer Curl Bar (these are actually quite challenging.)
120x10
170x6
210x5
260x5
305x5
325x5 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6uedm662CA"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
355x5 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-LpZOsEtkA"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
The last one was very awkward as I couldn't get enough weight on the bar so i had to use chains...that got in my way...guess some 100lb plates are in order

Incline Bench Presses with added band resistance
140+mini x8
190+mini x6
230+mini x6
270+mini x6 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ATZNBEuXc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
i know not impressive...but good for me. I am weak on inclines.

Skull Crushers w/ Hammer Curl Bar
100x12
120x12
120x8
120x6

Band resisted pressdowns
Super mini x8x8

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Powerlifter huh? :) I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on this one. :D What Fed do you lift in Kabuki? I'm going to be using the same stack to drop down a class to the 242s for my first contest (in quite a long time).

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I've done lots of WABDL, and then both APF and USAPL for the two 3 lift meets that I've competed in. I have not competed for over a year now....but looking forward to it this year.

Do you have any meets planned?

Kabuki

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 day 3

BW upon waking 232.2

Tired as I have not fallen asleep right away the last few nights as I've been used to sleeping in the last 10 days. Also suffering from gastrointestinal distress from bringing my calorie level back up as I was only eating 3 meals a day on vactaion and now I'm back to 8/day.

Body should be adjusted shortly.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I've done lots of WABDL, and then both APF and USAPL for the two 3 lift meets that I've competed in. I have not competed for over a year now....but looking forward to it this year.

Do you have any meets planned?

Kabuki
I was most likely going to do three this year. APF Texas State, APF Barbee Classic and APF Texas Cup. The state meet will be my first and it's on March 31st. I just started my training cycle and I hope to get my equipment here some time next week.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 Day 4

Today was comedic. mostly just my workout, and me taking myself to seriously sometimes.

So far my BW is maintaining while I have increased my caloric load by 500-700 above maintenance...that is positive. My appetite has been very strong as well! Positive aggression also seems to up while lifting. Today I hit a PR while coming down with a bit of a cold (alothough it took a lot of work and was comedic upon reflection)

BW 232.6 upon waking

Started feeling sick about 3 hours before training. Being sick is part of my life during the winter between my wife being an teacher with 30 students, and myself interacting with my 75 direct reports daily. So oftentimes I'll try to push a couple workouts in before the cold truly sets in.

anyway i had the illness and the sore lowerback and traps from deadlifts on monday working against me...and still hit a PR!

No training partner on squat day right now.
Zercher Squats - (holding bar in arms)
45x5
140x5
210x5
280x5
350x5 - i got lightheaded here and gave serious thought to bagging workout
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m783nZeFGD0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
400x3 - thought i was going to drop bar so i racked it...thought about bagging workout again and then got real pissed at myself. so i tried another attempt
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2GOWV0KSpc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
400x3 - got even more pissed at myself so i tried another attempt
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wusSGk_vSc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
400x4 - ran out of air on bottom of 5th rep...more pissed
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2rAODZkCC4"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
400x5 - (+10lb PR) i told that bar who was boss when i was done :p
new PR but the camera was out of memory so i only go the setup and walkout.

Dumbell Lunges - struggled here due to fatigue
65x12
85x12x12x12

Good Mornings - medium stance
230x8
280x8x8x8

Under the circumstances I'm very happy with the results of hitting a PR. If the ongoing weeks are as productive and will be quite happy. And damn my arms are going to be damn sore from my stubborness.:rolleyes:

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 Day 5

damn, no comments on my Zerchers.
i was pretty damn happy with my 15 total reps with 400lbs...especially only being the first week of this stack.

Anyway ditched my original plan of hitting lats tonight as both them and my arms are fried from holding that weight in my arms. Also still not feeling 100% yet and my back day is a tough workout.

BW upon waking 234.0

Speed Bench
warmup
325 (70% in band tension)x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 (30sec rest between sets)

Overhead lockouts - from forehead
100x12
150x12
200x12
250x12
320x3
280x12
320x3

Tricep Pressdowns
Small band x12x12x12

Face Pulls
Super mini band x12x12x12x12

Dismal performance on overhead lockouts. I'm really going to need to focus on some heavy shoulder movements the next couple months. Quite embarrasing, especially since i got outlifted in this movement tonight. I think the number of heavy zerchers i did yesterday took a toll on upper body strength.

Speed bench was good and explosive. Even though I had 40-50lbs extra weight accidentally setup on the bar tonight.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 Day 6 & 7

Day 6 BW 234.0 upon waking - OFF
Day 7 BW 234.6 upon waking - OFF

Observations: My Libido is definetly up, along with the positive aggression noted while training this last week. My body was pretty well devastated by the end of the week from my training and I feel great as of this morning, so recoveryis definetly picking up already. BW is climbing about 2lbs by the end of this first week. I'll take new measurements on Monday.

Finished fabricating my custom low/high pulley machine yesterday. Think I'll go buy some attachments for it today so i can test it out this week.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 Day 1

BW 233.8 upon waking

Update to Day 7 - ended up doing some front delt workout after dinner last night, as i wasn't happy about my overhead presses on Friday.

Today's workout went well considering I've never really gone heavy on Sumo Deadlifts before (and have only done them 4 to 5 times total) and its been about a year since doing them last (and 1.5 years since attempting to deadlift over 600lbs) But I was disapointed with a few things noted below.

Sumo Deadlifts
Bar x5
140x5x5
230x3
320x3
410x1
500x1x1 (belt)
590x1 (belt& wrist wraps)
590x6 (belt&wraps) [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjWvm7hN4EA"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
640x1 (belt, wraps, suit)
660x1 (belt, wraps, suit) [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOKzKuWE5ck"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

I was slow off the floor due to using the texas power bar and a lack of bar whip so i put on a loose poly squat suit. Not sure if that helped much as i couldn't get it on properly by myself, and i think that held me back from a solid lockout. The false start on the 660 was it slipping from my grip...had to grab it immediatly and finish the attempt.

I skipped trap work and went to rack lockouts to punish myself for not finishing the 660 cleanly.

Rack Lockouts from 1" below knee.
550x3
640x3
680x5 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5HgOwHWetw"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
you can tell my hips are tired there as it is all back.

Seated Dumbell Shrugs
115x20x16

Pull thru's
greenx15x15x15 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnjOiACu_Bw"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
to polish off the hips and help the back recover.

Not happy with how i finished the 660, but overall pretty good workout as I have not been handling this level of weights for awhile.

Notes on mood. Solid positive aggression in the gym resulting in decisions to do rack lockouts instead of shrugs. Also noticing my mood seems elevated as I am getting a lot more accomplished at work over the last week.

Edit: The sumo's were PR's for me

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 Day 2

Today was a crappy day. workout was ok...except for dropping 390 on my chest. I couldn't fall asleep again for hours last night and i don't function without my 8+hrs a night. This is the second time in just over a week, and i'm normally out in just a matter of seconds. My preworkout caffiene dosage has been about the same 150-200mg but i think I'll drop it further if this continues.

does JW have any stimulant properties, or amplify stimulant effects?

My workout went ok and started out pretty well as i wasn't expecting to bench big after deadlifting heavy last night. Other than the little slip up on bench i did ok till end of workout where the lack of sleep started to hit me.

BW upon waking 235.0 +2.5lbs

Reverse Grip Bench
140x5x5
210x5
280x5
350x5 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqHzEOHycAo"]YouTube - Reverse Grip Bench 350x5[/ame]
390x4 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv2PXY1lrW4"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
the 390 still felt explosive but the bench moved on me on the 3rd rep...and then slipped off the platform on the 5th, causing me to drop the weight.

Incline Bench
140+miniband x8
210+miniband x8
250+miniband x8
270+miniband x6

Suspended Lockouts on bench (5-6" movement) w/3 second pauses at lockout
410x4
460x4

Pressdowns - on my newly fabricated pulley
50+(2xdoubled mini bands) x12x12x10x7
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I5wpXaRu6U"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Today was a crappy day. workout was ok...except for dropping 390 on my chest. I couldn't fall asleep again for hours last night and i don't function without my 8+hrs a night. This is the second time in just over a week, and i'm normally out in just a matter of seconds. My preworkout caffiene dosage has been about the same 150-200mg but i think I'll drop it further if this continues.

does JW have any stimulant properties, or amplify stimulant effects?

My workout went ok and started out pretty well as i wasn't expecting to bench big after deadlifting heavy last night. Other than the little slip up on bench i did ok till end of workout where the lack of sleep started to hit me.

BW upon waking 235.0 +2.5lbs

Reverse Grip Bench
140x5x5
210x5
280x5
350x5 YouTube - Reverse Grip Bench 350x5
390x4 YouTube - Reverse Grip Bench 390x4
the 390 still felt explosive but the bench moved on me on the 3rd rep...and then slipped off the platform on the 5th, causing me to drop the weight.

Incline Bench
140+miniband x8
210+miniband x8
250+miniband x8
270+miniband x6

Suspended Lockouts on bench (5-6" movement) w/3 second pauses at lockout
410x4
460x4

Pressdowns - on my newly fabricated pulley
50+(2xdoubled mini bands) x12x12x10x7
YouTube - tricep pressdowns
i enjoyed doing rev grip bench but its scary without spotters hehe

great workout

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established

Icalucluations are using BW upon waking + 4 lbs, as that is where i end up at after rehyrdating.

This will be updated weekly throughout this log.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 Day 3

BW upon waking 234.6

got some good rest last night, but still don't feel 100% today. A couple of my employees showed up with the flu. i've been avoiding them like the plague, so hopefully i won't catch it.

No training today. Heading up to the mountain to Snowboard tonight. Probably won't help my squats tommorrow....but it sure will be fun. :)

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 Day 4

Well, snowboarding last night rocked. Got back home late but was able to sleep in this morning as I had an offsite meeting.

Turned out to be an interesting day. The snow followed us into town and the meeting was cancelled. So i gave my wife a ride to work as she had late start due to snow...unfortunatly by the time we got to school they had cancelled it. Lots of interesting stuff on the way to and from with people sliding off roads and into things. stopped to help a few folks. By the time i got home i had a tire going flat...eventually it was 1pm in afternoon and i still hadn't made it into work yet so i called up my workout partner for the day and did an early workout.

BW upon waking 233.8 (little deyhydrated from late night snowboarding)

Squats - Above Paralell (but deeper than the video shows...i should have set it up from the side instead of the front...front view always looks high)
140x5
230x5
320x5
410x5
500x5
550x5 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0VHh-S-VI"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
590x4 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT2ONFIWrR8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
640x5 batteries died no film
660x5 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBFSEpajXX8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Dumbell Lunges
85x6
95x6 +10lbs
105x6 +20lbs but a little to heavy

Reverse Hypers - after watching video knees are way to bent
75x12
125x12
150x12x12x12 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UFuwxrvTFg"]YouTube - reverse hypers...bad form[/ame]

Supprised at what i did based on the fact my hips were fried from last night and Mondays workout. Also supprised at PR's on lunges after hitting slopes last night.

BTW...this is my first time getting under 600+lbs on the squat in 9 months. I know it wasn't full depth work tonight...but I'm happy. especially under what i've put my body through this week.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 Day 5

BW upon waking 234.4

moved training day to Saturday AM. Had 3 beers with guys after work on friday for a BS session. Felt like crap later that evening after getting home...now i remember why i never drink anymore.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 Day 6

Ugghh. Diarrhea this morning and not feeling 100%...luckily for me my partner was 1hr late so I had a little extra time to recover…. no beers for me anymore…maybe I had 4 pints of IPA last night.

BW upon waking 235.6

Speed Bench (60% band tension)
280 – 8 sets of 3 w/ 30 seconds rest between sets [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP3Zc8EZApQ"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
video is of last set where form and speed is degraded the most…I must say looking damn good and explosive still.

Bent Rows
140x8x8
230x8
320x8 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyy67_PtjU"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
350x8 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm6F6B4Lvvw"]YouTube - Bent Rows 350x8[/ame]
320x8
At first review I thought my form was sloppy but realized I was shooting from front so second I shot from the side and even with the heavier weight I stay bent over and my back doesn’t raise up…not clean…but better than most everyone I’ve seen.

Pull Downs to front– on my combo weight/band machine
90+2xminis doubled x 12
90+2xSminis x 12
100+2xSminis x 10 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrP-h15iuU"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
110+2xSminis x 8
I need to add the knee pad to the rack to hold myself down…maybe later this weekend I’ll fab it up.

Pull Downs to rear
110+Smini x8
110+Smini x8
110+Smini x8

Bent Rows – False Grip
230x12
230x12 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpLWAYZqF5E"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
250x12

Face Pulls (weight and bands again)
25+mini x 8
25+Smini x 15
45+Smini x 15 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XWrARo2M6U"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
35+Smini x 15

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Ugghh. Diarrhea this morning and not feeling 100%...luckily for me my partner was 1hr late so I had a little extra time to recover…. no beers for me anymore…maybe I had 4 pints of IPA last night.

BW upon waking 235.6

Speed Bench (60% band tension)
280 – 8 sets of 3 w/ 30 seconds rest between sets YouTube - speed Bench 1/13
video is of last set where form and speed is degraded the most…I must say looking damn good and explosive still.

Bent Rows
140x8x8
230x8
320x8 YouTube - Bent Rows 320x8
350x8 YouTube - Bent Rows 350x8
320x8
At first review I thought my form was sloppy but realized I was shooting from front so second I shot from the side and even with the heavier weight I stay bent over and my back doesn’t raise up…not clean…but better than most everyone I’ve seen.

Pull Downs to front– on my combo weight/band machine
90+2xminis doubled x 12
90+2xSminis x 12
100+2xSminis x 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrP-h15iuU
110+2xSminis x 8
I need to add the knee pad to the rack to hold myself down…maybe later this weekend I’ll fab it up.

Pull Downs to rear
110+Smini x8
110+Smini x8
110+Smini x8

Bent Rows – False Grip
230x12
230x12 YouTube - Bent Rows False Grip
250x12

Face Pulls (weight and bands again)
25+mini x 8
25+Smini x 15
45+Smini x 15 YouTube - Face Pulls
35+Smini x 15

dayum nice workout

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 Day 7

BW upon waking 234.6

Off day.

Worked on fabricating a Mono Lift today as if the current progress continues I will be lifting some heavy weights shortly!!!

Starting BAM Today.

I'll post up measurements 2 morrow...they are heading in a positive direction.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 Review

This last week my weight remained unchanged through the week staying right on the average from week beginning to end…but measurements show some definite leaning. Most significant was the reduction in the abdomen which was noticed also when I dropped a belt size this week

A side note on BF percentage. I ordered a new set of digital calipers as I have not believed the BF% I end up with my old ‘click’ calipers. The new ones show that I have several percentage points higher than what I have been reporting. I will however continue to use the old calipers throughout this log for consistency’s sake.

Jungle Warefare Standalone for 2 weeks review (1-10 scale, 10 being highest)
• Strength – (6) Solid strength gains comparable to Activate yet kicked in much quicker.
• Size – (5) Please see detailed Charts
• Side Effects – (8) None
• Recovery – (7) I’ve abused my body heavily this last 2 weeks and been ready for more.
• Mood – (8) Great mood, solid aggression in gym, increased libido,
• Overall assessment - (6.8) average of above scores. Very happy with recovery and how quickly the JW kicked in.

Based on the leaning out expierienced last week and the additon of the BAM this week I will up my diet yet again...I'll be in the 4500-5200 cal range going forward.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 Day 1

BW upon waking 234.2

Decided to do some speed box squating tonight to take a break from the deadlifting...and for assisting in hip development for deadlift. Box squats are done by sitting down and back, disengageing the hips for a fraction of a second and then rengageing them to drive you up off bench to completion. Knees should not move foreward during lift.

Speed Box Squats with 35% band tension
45x6x6
140x6
175x6
270x6
310x6
380x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 (30 seconds rest between sets)
First two sets: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Explosive and knees don't go forward...i'm happy for my first week doing them.

That gets a sweat going.

Barbell Shrugs
230x12
320x12
410x12
500x12 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
550x16x12 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
The first set was a PR...but the camera died...i tried another but their sloppier than i would like. Previous PR was 530x20.

Seated Dumbell Shrugs
115x12
135x12x12

Pull Thru's
Green band x15x15x15

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 Day 2

BW upon waking 235.6

My workout last night was terrible. I didn't have energy, and the weights felt heavy, with no progress in strength. I think my heavy lifting the last few weeks is catching up to me. On the other hand i didn't have my preworkout R4W and spent several hours driving in a snow storm picking my wife up, following people home, and helping people out of ditches. I was flat exhausted and ready to crash last night.

So I guess i'll just wait and see how next weeks Bench day goes.

Reverse Grip Bench
45x10x10
140x6
210x6
280x6
350x5
390x4x3 (i just couldn't quit lockout the 5th and 4th reps respectively)

Incline Bench w/30lbs in bands
65x10
170x8
265x6
300x6

Rack Lockouts w/3seconds pause while holding at lockout
410x5
460x5
520xcouldn't complet set VERY ANGRY i don't know why i struggled with that

Pressdowns w/80-90lbs in band tension
90x12
115x12
140x12
140x12

Damn i was disapointed.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 Day 3

BW upon waking 235.6

Training : Off

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 Day 4

BW upon waking 235.8

Not an Great workout today. but not a bad one either. Did my squating 2" deaper than last week. still above paralell. I wasn't happy with my form at all with my knees going forward and my hips not going back. Also I'm just dropping the weight till it hits the chains.

Squats...above parallell...2" deeper than last week.
140x10
230x5
320x5
410x5
500x5
590x5 YouTube - Partial squat 590x5
640x4 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Dumbell Lunges
95x12x12x12x12

Reverse Hypers - didn't bend my legs like last week so much better
75x8
100x8
125x8
150x12x12x12

I think using the chains to control the depth on the squat is throwing me off a bit. They work ok for 1/4 squats but i think need to not use them when going deeper. I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do next week.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 Day 5

BW upon waking 236.2

Didn't get everything into my workout tonight as i had to spend some time after work this evening picking up some steel for a project. I'll probably finish off my Lats that in the morning, as i didn't get to them tonight.

I also recieved my Supra cable attachments tonight. I had to test one of them out on Triceps of course. It is sweet!!!. Full extension and longer range of motion, with no wrist pain. Insanly awesome! Very full Tricep pump and great excercise.

Speed Bench Speed Bench (60% band tension)
280 – 3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/ 30 seconds rest between sets
Check the explosion i still had on my last set. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Behind the neck Presses (30lbs in bands)
80x8
130x8
180x8
210x8 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
240x4 to heavy.

Overhead lockouts
140x8
230x8
280x8
320x4 to heavy
280x13 YouTube - Overhead Lockouts

Supra Presdowns (90lbs in bands on working weight)
50x12
90x12
140x10x9x8x8x7 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 Day 6

BW upon waking 236.2

Finished off my back this morning. Took it a bit easy as I will be Benching on Monday and only one day off between doesn't work well for me after heavy lat work.

Lat Rows using Supra Bar (90lbs in bands)
160x10
195x10
230x10
255x10x10x10 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Pulldowns Behind Neck (80lbs in bands)
185x8
210x8x8x8x8

Bent over Rows - very strict with full stretch at bottom
230x10
280x10x10x9

Face Pulls
Unknown weight x12x12x12

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 Day 7

BW upon waking 236.8

OFF

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 Summary

Ahh…I’m loosing muscle on my chest! No, it looks like the BF I’ve been loosing in the chest area as evident in the caliper measurements caused a decrease in my chest measurement. Shoulders grew a little as did my quads.

A side note on BF percentage. I am using my old set of calipers for this log as it is what I started the log with. My new digital calipers show my BF around 2-3% higher. I will however continue to use the old calipers throughout this log for consistency’s sake.

Week 3 review (1-10 scale, 10 being highest)
Strength – (3) the rapid strength gains in the first two weeks stayed but did not increase this week. Most likely due to pushing myself pretty hard first 2 weeks and taxing my nervous system to much.
Size – (7) Starting to see some definite changes shown above in charts.
Side Effects – (8) None
Recovery – (5) the first 2 weeks of heavy training took its toll on my and I wasn’t fully recovered this week.
Mood – (5) Again likely nervous system a little taxed and not recovered this week.
Overall assessment - (5.6) average of above scores. I didn’t “feel” it as much this week but the numbers tell the story themselves.

Also I was selected to continue my log for another Month :) Very excited! :)
Here is the cycle protocol I will be following for the remainder of the cycle.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
nice charts and better yet nice results love these workouts and progress !!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 4 Day 1

Well first day of fourth week didn't start off to well. Had to move Bench up as I have a Tues night class so I had only done speed bench, shoulders, and tri's 3 days prior, and lats 1 day prior. Then about 30min before workout I had huge gastro pain and exlosive diarhea. The Gastro pain lasted untill 30-40min into workout. I think eating crappy meatball sammy at lunch (i did subway :eek: :mad: which uses poor quality ingredients ) might have done me in.

BW upon waking 235.6

Reverse Grip Bench
140x10
210x5
260x5
310x5
360x5 +10lbs felt stronger than 350 on last 2 workouts YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
395x4 can't count it as a PR as I didnt't lock it on last rep would have been +5 YouTube - Reverse Grip Bench 395x4

Incline Bench (30lbs in bands)- Finally gastro pain subsided
170x10
260x6 felt strong
310x6 +10lbs and my first time increasing weight on inclines in awhile. Sloppy, but I'll take it. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
320x4 to heavy

Lockouts - pausing 3 seconds at lockout on each
410x5
460x5 this is is high as i was able to go last week.
500x5 +1inch in range of motion over last time
520x4 didn't pause on all of them so I won't count it.

Supra Pressdowns - 90lbs in band tension on working weight
95x12
140x10
150x10x9x8 +10lbs

Well workout started out very disapointing as I made absolutly no progress on my core excercise in last 3 weeks :mad: but I did progress on all the following lifts so maybe it was everything that was working against me. I just hate excuses and not performing. :mad:

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
ok i just watched the video's and feel a bit better about my bench tonight. The 360 looks clean and really easy. the 395, i don't know if i setup wrong or got out of the groove...but some of them look real easy. The strength was there.

The incline looks real sloppy:) just like my other heavy days. Mostly due to my incline bench sucking so bad. I just havn't had time to build a good one yet, to replace the purchased piece of junk.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 4 Day 2

BW upon waking 236.6

No Training today

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 4 Day 3

BW upon waking 237.0

Supra Cable Rows (90lbs in band tension)
165x12
190x12
215x12
240x12
265x10
290x8

Wide Grip Pulldowns - Behind neck (60lbs in band tension)
160x8x8
185x8
210x8x8x8

Barbell Shrugs - Super wide grip outside rings
320x12
410x12x12x16x16x16

Face Pulls
warmup weight x12x12
working sets x12x12x12

Strict Seated Dumbell Curls - no forearm rotation
35x12
40x10
35x10x10x10

I didn't push myself all to hard tonight, but didn't take it entirely easy either. I think this is the first time doing curls in over a month...I alwasy forget them.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 4 Day 4

BW upon waking 236.6

Finally got to put some numbers on the board again. Last time I did Overhead lockouts I finished at 280x12 and only hit 320 for 4 reps.

Speed Bench - 30 seconds rest between sets (160lbs in bands)
warmup's
300-3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 +20lbs and still explosive
last set YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Overhead lockouts
140x12
180x8
230x8
280x8
320x10 +6 reps YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
350x5 +30lbs YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
320x10 +6 reps YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Supra Cable Skull Crushers (45lbs in band tension)
85x12
95x12 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
105x12x8

Dumbell Front Raises
20x12
30x12
35x12x12
30x12

The Supra Cable Skull Crushers kicked ass! as I rotated my forearms out to gain strenght at end of lift the bands really kicked in hard...this is going to be sweet for bench development.

Noticed on speed bench that my elbows are getting a little tender. I believe from teh AntiE in the supps. I'm certainly not training to a level that would cause this and its similiar to other to when i've taken AntiE supps before.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
gimmie some of ur strength. kthx

i like those supra skull crushers my gym doesnt have that handle thingy

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
That's why i love my home gym. i can buy all the specialty stuff i need.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 4 Day 5

Another good workout tonight!!

BW upon waking 236.4

Squat partner didn't show tonight so i had to change up my routine...it turns out for the better. Started with Zerchers as they are safe alone, and followed it with self spotted Close Stance 1/2 squats with a pause on the bottom. You can tell I don't have much stability with the close stance :)

Zercher Squats
140x6x6
210x5
280x5
360x5 feeling very easy YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
410x5 an easy +10lb PR over what i worked my ass off for a few weeks ago YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
430x3 +20lbs YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Feeling good so far, was even pausing a bit on the bottom of each one to make it harder

Close Stance 1/2 squats
410x5
500x5
590x5 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
640x5 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
680x2 collar started to move on me so i played it safe and stopped. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
didn't attempt the 680 again as the wife came home and informed me my air compressor was having a malfunction in the shop and i spent several minutes in the cold shop fixing it, so i moved on.

Dumbell Lunges
95x12x12x12

Started getted exhausted on the lunges.

Reverse Hypers
75x12
100x12
125x12
150x12x6... YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
just didn't have it in me to finish my 3 sets of 12 at my working weight. I'm such a puss sometimes.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 4 Day 6

BW upon waking 237.4

Off- and heading to the coast for the weekend.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 4 Summary

Starting to see gains in a number of areas. Continued growth across shoulders and in my quads. My arms by an 1/8 of an inch which must have been in the triceps as I've done minimal bicep work. Most supprising was my Calves...they must be liking the heavy squats as I have not worked them at all (i never do).

A side note on BF percentage. I am using my old set of calipers for this log as it is what I started the log with. My new digital calipers show my BF around 2-3% higher. I will however continue to use the old calipers throughout this log for consistency’s sake.

Week 4 review (1-10 scale, 10 being highest)
Strength – (6) Some Solid PR's posted this week.
Size – (7) Starting to see some definite changes shown above in charts.
Side Effects – (8) Occasional joint pain
Recovery – (6) Recovering quickly.
Mood – (6) Good mood, Libido up.
Overall assessment - (6.6) average of above scores. Solid gains in size and PR's.

Slight update to the remaining cycle. I have an extra bottle of Restore so I may as well throw that in. Here is what it will look like.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
wow glad i found this log. Youre a strong dude and nice log, probably the best ive ever come across online! You show true dedication, that is admirable.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
wow glad i found this log. Youre a strong dude and nice log, probably the best ive ever come across online! You show true dedication, that is admirable.
thanks for you comments. I'm happy that others appreciate the info. I need to be detailed and dedicated in regards to my training, diet, and supplementation if I'm going to get to where i want to be.

My biggest obstacle in achieving my goals right now is finding the right training partner; now that I've built my own home gym so I can train the way I want to and not deal with the commercial gym crap.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
and a home gym is a big goal and a nice one to acheive indeed. I hope you get where you want to be as long as you dont injure yourself. An injury will set you back alot so dont overdue it listen to your bod, but of course you have been doing this alot longer than me so im sure you know what you are doing.

Do you have any secret tips that you use for deads?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
and a home gym is a big goal and a nice one to acheive indeed. I hope you get where you want to be as long as you dont injure yourself. An injury will set you back alot so dont overdue it listen to your bod, but of course you have been doing this alot longer than me so im sure you know what you are doing.

Do you have any secret tips that you use for deads?
The home gym is done...that is where all the video's are filmed at.
Its the solid workout partner that I am in need of now.

Here is one of the best reads I've found on Deadlift technique

Iron Addicts

For me its the focus on maintaining position and driving the hips through to complete the lift...not lifitng the weight.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Week 5 - Day 1

BW upon waking 238.0

Finally made some progress on the Bench. And some nice solid progress.

Bench Press (w/90lbs in chain)
190x6x6
230x5
280x5
320x5
375x5 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
425x5 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
445x4 just couldn't lock out the 5th rep +15lbs YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Incline Bench (w/ 30lbs in bands) - Reduced the incline by one notch and changed for mini bands to super mini to keep the band tension up as their being stretched less.
170x8
260x8
310x8 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
340x4 to heavy
320x5 just didn't have it

Bench Lockouts off Pins w/ 3 second pause to hold at lockout on each rep.
410x5 close grip to make it harder
480x5 close grip to make it harder
520x4 normal grip and paused it unlike last week. +20lbs

Supra Pressdowns (90lbs in band tension)
95x12
140x10
160x8x8x8 +20lbs -3 reps total on working sets

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
nice lifts again! hey are you noticing any increase in acne, libido, hairloss etc.?