bpmartyr - Pragmatic Protagonist of the Anabolic Pump

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Well it has come to that point in the story of my life when I am sick of wearing my fat clothes. I am determined to lose ~15lbs by spring and figured I might as well see what AP can do in a caloric deficit. We are already seeing AP's potential in a recomp or bulk and perhaps that is the most efficatious use of this product but untill I try ....

Maintain a small caloric deficit with roughly a 40/40/20 of quality whole foods and some proein supplementation.

Increase deficit through cardio.

Target adipose as the primary mass loss and maintain an anabolic or at least anti-catabolic state to lbm with the aid of AP.

Resistance training at present consists of a three day split of moderate volume with three second eccentric and explosive concentric.

AM cardio five days a week starting at ~25 minute sessions working up to 45. Calories will be adjusted accordingly.

No stimulants at this time save for the daily cups of coffee and green tea extract.

Baseline weight, bodyfat % and tape measurements will be done on the first. I have been on the diet for a week and performed multiple cardio sessions to prime my body for the journey. I started preloading the AP last night.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
O'rly ? Fat clothes :blink: I dont believe it one bit !!!!! Please post pictures :D Jayahawkk said you had to, he did really !

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
O'rly ? Fat clothes :blink: I dont believe it one bit !!!!! Please post pictures :D Jayahawkk said you had to, he did really !
Maybe. It's just embarassing. 36 1/4" waist. 32 1/2 last spring. :(

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
good luck !! I'm willing to bet that after the first month you will be almost to your target. AP at least for me was that good on a not so perfect diet.. Will be following your progress.:cheers:

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I just read your title and Im still trying too figure out what the hell u just said! LOL! J/K keep up the good work and keep us informed, sounds like you are determined, I know the feelilng

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I lowered my calories as well i'm goin in full out cut mode as well, i wanna get diced.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I lowered my calories as well i'm goin in full out cut mode as well, i wanna get diced.
Cool. I don't need diced, just not puffed. LOL

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 1 Jan 1st, 2007 - Weight in :(

Height 5'8" << What a knome.
Weight 185 << Morning before meal.

Waist 33" << Upper pelvis
Waist 36 1/4" << Around belly button
Chest 43 1/4" << Cold flexed
Upper Arm 15 1/4" << "" ""
Upper Thigh 23 1/2" << "" '"
Calf 15 1/4" << "" ""

Bodyfat % 16.5 << Average of three using Fast Track II

Edit: 45 minute run, moderate intensity. 35 friggen degrees outside, burr.

Cals in: 2174
Cals burned: ~2770
This stuff is no joke. If I do not get carbs in almost immediately after dosing I get very sleepy/lethargic. Used this to my advantage a couple of times like this morning. Woke up, had a protein shake and an AP with no carbs and BAM! Out like a light for another 4 hrs of beautifull REM sleep. I typically have major trouble going back to a deep sleep of any respectable duration once I wake up. The potency of AP should not be underestimated IMHO.

Only had one workout in since starting AP but holy Lord what a great chest pump after benching. This stuff is aptly named "Anabolic Pump". Havn't felt like that since the last /censored/ cycle. :D

Followed resistance training by 30 minutes on the treadmill anf felt like I would have no trouble going another 30. Can't say at this point if the AP has any impact on endurance but I will certainly be investigating further.

Here is my fat scrawney ass:

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 2, Jan 2nd

AM workout:

Back:
Narrow suplinated pulldowns
130x12 140x8 150x6

Tbar supported row
145x12 155x8 165x6

Low cable row
130x13 140x11

Tri's:
Two hand overhead DB
65x10 70x6 75x4

Ubar pushdown
100x20 120x14

Cardio:
30 minutes treadmill
525 cals
3.3 miles

Plan on MA class this evening. It is a sparring night so that will burn a few more cals.
Edit: MA class attended - one hour light to moderate activity
calling it 230 cals spent.

Cals in: 2274
Cals burned: 3186
Coming in more like 40/35/25 carb/pro/fat

Feel really good overall. Nice to get back into the swing of AM workouts & cardio. Makes the rest of the day just that much better. :)

trailer36

Awards
BP,

I am doing basically the same thing you are with AP and the 40/40/20 split. I am doing a "crossfit" type training though because I like the way it keeps the heartrate up while working out and because I was in a huge rut with the classic bodybuilding type programs. The only other supp i might use is Dialene 4 when it comes ou as it looks very promising. Good luck with the progress and I might even start a log of my own to track my progress as well. USP seems to have a great product on their hands if it does what they say and I guess we will be some of the first to find out :)

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
looking good! looking forward too seeing the final result

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey a bottle of nair and a bit more cardio will whip you into pretty boy shape ;) LOL Your not fat!!! Better throw away the beer and the tv remote and give your wife your wallet, this way you will follow her everwhere to protect your money and lose fat in the midst of it all :D Now lets get crackin bud !!!!!!!!!!

:bruce1:

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Hey Bp- are you taking as directed, 3 caps/day?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Hey Bp- are you taking as directed, 3 caps/day?
Oy! Good question. Yes, three times a day. On the days I get up early for my side job I dose upon waking (approx 4 AM) and again after workout (approx 8 AM). On other days, if I am working out in the morning I will dose the first after workout. If it is an off day or I plan on an afternoon workout I will dose upon waking and again after workout.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Damn you're a fatass BP, thankfully there's no where to go with Anabolic Pump but up.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Damn you're a fatass BP, thankfully there's no where to go with Anabolic Pump but up.
Or down ....

in pant size, lol.

That's what all out bulking does to me every friggin time. Makes me fat with virtually no muscle gain. Oh well, the circle continues. :D

Here are pre bulk cycle pics from May '06:

P3160013.JPG

P3160015.JPG

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 3 Jan 3rd

Overslept in the AM dammit. No morning workout. :(

Hit it in the evening!

Bi's:
BB curl
70x13 80x8 85x5

Incl DB
25x14 30x8 35x5

Hams/glutes:
DB SLDL's
100's X10 100X8 Didn't have another in me

DB lunge
50's X18 60x12

Cardio:
32 minutes
3.3 miles
532 Cals :)

Cals in:2226 with a 38/34/25
Cals expended:2956

Diet is not perfect by any means but adequate for my goals IMO.

FitDay.com - Diet and Fitness journal for bpmartyr

Fantastik pump in the bi's today. Back & chest still feel full from Saturday and yesterdays workouts. God bless the AP baby!

Gonna shoot for Chest/Delts followed by cardio in the AM.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 4, Jan 4th

AM workout:

Chest:
Hammer bench
180x15 190x10 200x7

Incl DB
55x12 60x10 65x6

Decline DB fly
40x10 40x8

Delts:
Arnolds
35x12 40x7 45x4

Upright row
85x12 90x8 95x6

DB lat fly
20x12 25x7

Cardio:
20 minutes treadmill (pressed for time)
2.2 miles
353 cals

Good workout overall, no strength loss so far even with the low cals. Pumped full muscles staying with me all day.Feeling a little burnt and ready for an off day, had to take an AMP to get me movin today.

Cals in: 2405 43/34/22 carb/pro/fat
Cals expended:2829

Appetite is remaining manageable save for intense cravings in the middle of the night. I have been succoming to them moderately and adding the nutrients into fitday and adjusting daily macros accordingly.

I am planning on weighing in weekly and checking BF bi-monthly.

I am sitting at 1876 cals right now before din din and plan on hitting some turkey cutlets, cheese filled tortellini with marinara and a beautiful spinach, broccoli, cauliflour and tomato salad topped with homeade balsalmic & extra virgin olive oil. Can ya tell I am hungry?

Just got a much needed bonus check, woo hoo! Wife says I can buy a Wii, if I can find one. Oh, and Nutraplanet, here I come! Excell and Chaos ought to help push me through some cario. I would normally add cAMP into a cut but am interested in the effects of AP by it's onesies.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, I lizove your logs Bastard Prognosticator. So much detail.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
how has your recovery been between sets. Has AP made a difference with your mma?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
how has your recovery been between sets. Has AP made a difference with your mma?
I think it is a little soon for me to make that determination. Less than a week on the AP and I am running almost every day where two weeks prior I was doing no cardio at all. I am feeling a little run down, understandably, but so far I have not noticed a decrease or increase in recovery between sets and untill I adapt to the cardio my MA workouts will suffer some but nothing drastic.

I am avoiding anything noteably anabolic or thermogenic during this cycle so I can gauge AP as fairly as possible. That being said, I am going to add some Chaos and Excell by AI to aid my cardio as it increases in duration. FWIW

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 5, Jan 5th

Off day for resistance training.

AM cardio:
33 min
597 cals :)

Cals in :2887
Expended:2784

Date night with the wife. We went shopping at Best Buy, a movie and dinner at a little pub where we could play Keno. The food there was outstanding. I had to guesstimate on the macros from that meal but I probably under estimated not knowing what the put in the sauce for the red snapper. I chose as healthy as I could with fish, rice, steamed veggies and a salad with oil & vinegar on the side topped with a glass of red wine.

Caught a buzz off just one glass of wine. I had heard about AP making you a lightweight and now I know it is true for me as well.

Nothing new to report. Muscle bellies staying nice and full and I don't seem to be losing a ton of water and glycogen like I normally do with cardio and restricted calories.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 6, Jan 6th - Saturday

Afternoon resistance training:

Back:
Narrow supplinated pulldown
135x12 145x7 155x5

Chest supported rows
145x12 155x8 165x7

Low vbar row
130x12 140x10

Tri's:
Two hand overhead DB
65x12 70x8 75x7

Rushed for time, called it a day.

Cals in: 2449
Cals expended: 2517

Diet was clean overall save for the rum and beers in the evening. Had some friends over whom we had not seen in quite some time. Didn't end up with enough protein, only 158 g's.

I am sure I am underestimated calories burnt as I was trying out the new family toy: Dance Dance Revolution. :D

My kids are loving this and so is my wife. Great exercise and fun.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 7, Jan 7 Sunday

Afternoon cardio:
37 minutes
4 miles
~700 cals :)

Cals in: 2507
Cals expended: 2959
33/35/25 carb/pro/fat (7% from alcohol, lol) Gotta have a couple light beers on a Sunday night. :)

Feel good. Nice full muscle bellies in spite of the restricted cals & cardio. Visibly leaning out some on the extremities but weight seems to be staying pretty constant, maybe a lb down.

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
Just got my AP in the mail today. Cant wait to see what it will do you for you.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
NP order just showed up! :woohoo:

Mailman warned me something "orangey" was leaking? Sho nuff, the bottle of Penetrate I ordered had opened somehow during transit. Stuff does a number on styrofoam packing. Melts the stuff into a goo. After extensive cleanup to the remaining products I mixed up some Chaos & Excell to help with this weeks training.

Picture 003.jpg

Lemon Lime Chaos & Grape Excell for the "on the go" lifestyle and an another gallon of Excell for sippin on when at home. :)

Note: that was the last of my individual size water bottles or the fridge would be full. :D

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 8, Jan 8th Monday

AM workout:

Chest:
Hammer bench
190x13 200x7 210x6 << Last rep assisted, sliiightly :)

Incline DB
60x9 65x6 70x4

Decline DB fly
40x10 40x8

Delts:
Arnolds
35x12 40x8 45x5

Upright row
90x10 95x6 100x4.75 << So close

DB fly
20x15 25x8

Cardio:
32 minutes
3.4 miles
570 cals :)

Good strong workout, up on a few lifts. Cardio cut short due to time restrictions not endurance. Had plenty more.

Evening MA class:
Intense sparring for ~45 minutes after kicking drills & form practice. I am calling it 500 cals.

Cals in: 2263
Cals expended: 3533
Thank god for some Excell aye.

Amazed at the lack of depletion. Don't have that flat muscle feeling yet. Feel nice and "full". Happy man I am. :)

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
nice log its really detailed,Good luck with BP

i Cant wait to get my AP :D

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 9, Jan 9th Tuesfrickenday

AM Cardio:

15 minutes treadmill << Shin pain :(
230 calories

15 minutes rowing
180 cals

410 cals total

Not bad for three hours of sleep. Note to self: do not play CSI PC game on a school night.

Evening MA class followed by Tai Chi:
2 hrs total, gotta be 500 cals burned.

Cals in:2337 44/35/22 carb/pro/fat
Cals expended: 3051

My average cals for the week is 2439 37/34/25 with 5% alcohol, lol.
Average burned: 2947

That puts me at a deficit of over 4500 cals since weigh in so in theory I should be at least a lb lighter. I am not. Weight the same but I am visibly leaner. Sweet.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Decided to add some Test E in to the mix. Will not effect the standalone portion of the AP trial due to the long ester. I am 10 days into the AP solo and the enan shouldn't really kick in for another 3 weeks and I intended the trial for 4 weeks.

Question I have is whether to run 750mg ew for 16 weeks or drop it to 500mg for 24 weeks. Since I am not bulking but looking to lean I figure 500 should be plenty and that gives me 6 months "on". Calories will remain in a deficit for the duration either way. Thoughts?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 10, Jan 10th

Rest day from everything.

Cals in: ~2645
Cals expended: 2196 << probably more but this is Fitday calculation basd on sedentary lifestyle. I would rather under estimate while dieting.

Waiting on opinions for the test enan run?

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
When I ran Test 250 i did this

Week 1 : 250 mg
Week 2: 250 mg
week 3-5: 500 mg
week 6-8: 750 mg
Week 9: 500 mg
Week 10-12: 250 mg

When I did this I gained 39 lbs and kept 32 of them, that was 6 months ago, to this day I still have not lost any strength or weight.

Jared

Awards
Clearly 750 mg is the way to go. Four months on is plenty of time to make great progress. 500 mg just isn't as much fun.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Clearly 750 mg is the way to go. Four months on is plenty of time to make great progress. 500 mg just isn't as much fun.
I agree with you for the most part but keep in mind my goals. I am trying to lean out without losing LBM and slow and steady is the way to go there. I am thinking the AP will also improve the efficacy of the anabolics so a lower dose may be rendered more effective. I am not disagreeing, more arguing with myself out loud, lol. I see the positives of a higher dose as well but I also like the idea of 24 weeks on just because I feel so friggin good while I am. I love test, so does my wife ;).
One other thing to note is I have ran high doses of test before without a real noticeable difference in gains. FWIW
Thanks for the replies/opinions, keep em comin. :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 11, Jan 11th - day before FRIDAY

AM workout:

Back:
Pullups
BWx12 +25x7 +35x4

Chest supported rows
145x13 155x9 165x7

Low vbar row
130x13 140x10

Tri's:
Hammer grip skulls
65x12 70x9 75x7

Rev grip pushdowns (supplinated)
90x18 100x12

Up a rep here and there on lifts. Felt nice, strong and "full".

Cardio:
Treadmill
37 minutes
3.9 miles
656 cals :)

PM MA class:
Calling it ~200 cals, fairly light workout.

Cals in: 2339 33/39/28 carb/pro/fat
Cals expended: 3267

Decided on 500mg ew for 24 weeks. FWIW

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry I missed the Test post Obi-Wan. I think, as I know you do from the tone of your posts, that 24 weeks would be a better option for reasons twofold. Firstly, this would allow you to really take your time in cutting, in fact, you could do much more of a recomp given the extra 8 weeks as opposed to a straight cut. Secondly, you stated that bumping to
750mg did not produce results for you significantly beyond that of 500mg, so cutting the cycle short for an insignifcant advantage does not seem beneficial.

That is what I think and I'm stickin' to it..

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Sorry I missed the Test post Obi-Wan. I think, as I know you do from the tone of your posts, that 24 weeks would be a better option for reasons twofold. Firstly, this would allow you to really take your time in cutting, in fact, you could do much more of a recomp given the extra 8 weeks as opposed to a straight cut. Secondly, you stated that bumping to
750mg did not produce results for you significantly beyond that of 500mg, so cutting the cycle short for an insignifcant advantage does not seem beneficial.

That is what I think and I'm stickin' to it..

Thank you.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 12, Jan 12th - Friday

AM workout

Bi's:
BB curl
70x13 80x8 85x 5

Incline DB
30x10 35x6 40x4

legs: Taking it really easy. With all the running for cardio and restricted cals I don't want to wipe myself out here. That and being more concerned with fitness and martial arts over body building.

BB squats
ATG 135x12
Deep 225x12 225x10

DB SLDL
100'x10 100x8

Cardio:
Treadmill
38 minutes
4 miles
675 cals :)

Kept cals extra low up untill evening to compensate for burger and beers at the local bar and grille. Yummy :D

Cals in: 2634
Cals expended:3099

Scale still isn't moving but am continuing to lean out. Love it.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Days 13-17 Saturday - Wednesday

Well, Saturday was a rest day and although I kept the cals low through most of it I went to Izzy's in the evening, nuff said. Was unable to really measure macros and at best broke even. I'll chaulk it up as a minor refeed day.

Sunday I had some side work to do and only made it to the gym for some cardio. Really struggled through it and arrived home with a 102 degree temp. Beginnings of the flu. I still ate pretty well but again didn't track on Fitday.

Monday was feeling pretty lousy and spent much time in bed. That's all I got to say about that.

Tuesday I made it to the gym in the AM for Chest/shoulders and cardio. Needless to say I am feeling much better. :)
I was up on reps or weight for most all lifts. The extra cals and rest may have helped some. Spent a good four hours building a snow fort with the kids. Burned a few cals there I tell ya.
I have a good feel for the foods I need to eat to reach desired macros and will not be logging them in Fitday for a while. I use it as a tool and could use the time to spend elsewhere.

Wednesday: I didn't make the gym this morning. My side job ran long and with the weather conditions we have here now (snow) I needed add'l time for travel. I am feeling well and should be able to make the gym tonight.

My overall impressions of AP so far are quite positive. I need to get a formal weight in, measurements and BF% check but I seem to be actually getting heavier while on deficit and performing cardio regularly. Holy crap. If my BF has gone down AND I am gaining weight in a deficit? I look leaner yet fuller in the extremities but I don't think my waist has budged yet. Always the last to go on me anyway. I will take measurements soon.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established

You are the wind beneath myyyyyy chicken wings.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Ok, now that was just wrong on so many levels but I think I am in love again.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Days 18-20, Thurs-Sat

First off, a measurement update:

Starting Update
Weight 185 188
BF% 16.5 15.5
Stomach 36.25” 35.5”
Chest 43.25” 44”
Upper arm 15.25” 15.25”
Upp thigh 23.5” 23.5”
Calf 15.25” 15.5”

I am officially gaining weight in a caloric deficit as well as a marked reduction in adipose storage. WOW. This is in a little under three weeks, I can only speculate that I am in for one hell of a recomp.

Ended up making it in to the gym Wednesday.

Back
Pullups
BWx12 +25x7 +35x4

Supported rows
150x13 160x9 170x7 << Up 5lbs with same reps :)

Vbar cable row
130x13 140x10

Felt nice and strong.
Skipped tri's due to time restraints and not wanting to skip cardio.

Cardio:
Treadmill 32 minutes
3.5 miles
564 cals

Thursday

Bi's
BB curl
70x14 80x9 85x6

Incline DB
30x9 35x6 40x4 << Time to pick a new movement, stalled

Didn't have it in me to do legs without sacrificing cardio so I hit the tri's that were skipped the previous night.

Tri's
Skulls
65x12 70x10 75x7

Suplinated pulldown
100x15 110x10 120x8

Cardio:
Treadmill 32 min
3.6 miles
594 cals

MA class in the evening, 1.5 hrs light to moderate. Probably a few hundred cals burned.

Friday: off day

Plan on hitting the gym today (Saturday) for chest/delts and cardio.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
results so far are great !! Its nice to see hard work payoff.

p.s. its kind of hard writing this to wings beneath my feet playing in the back ground... man thats bad :)

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Impressive.

Are you taking other supplements or only AP?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Impressive.

Are you taking other supplements or only AP?
Pretty much just AP. Take the usual staples like a multi, fish oil and some green tea along with Chaos for a little pre workout boost and some Excell (BCAA's) during workouts. I recently started test enanthate but I am less than 2 weeks in. It will be another 2-3 weeks before it starts "kicking in".

I have done the bulk/cut yo-yo a few times and typically with this diet and energy expenditure I would be down 4-6 lbs, feel a little flat and start to see a decline in strength. I am sure water and glycogen are the main factor for the add'l weight right now but a nutrient rich hydrated muscle is also an anabolic one. Strength is going up as well, I certainly have nothing to complain about. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jayhawkk Politics 10
bpmartyr Anabolics 260