SmithsonGA ALRI Evolution Sponsored Log

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
SmithsonGA BULKS:

The EVOLUTION Stack:

Bad Ass Mass, Jungle Warfare, and Restore

Bad Ass Mass:

Bad Ass Mass™ is designed to support serious mass gain through the most effective pro-anabolic pathways.

-Stimulate muscle AR’s for enhanced protein synthesis and tissue repair.
-Bind SHBG to increase levels of free testosterone.
-Increase LH/FSH to maximize output of natural testosterone.
-Increase glycogen retention and optimize internal hydration levels.
-Support superior protein synthesis through modulation of transcription factors.
-Inhibits excessive cortisol levels for an anti-catabolic effect.
-Promote recovery of the neuromuscular matrix.
-Provide superior results either in a synergistic stack or as a standalone supplement[/CENTER]

Jungle Warfare:

Pro-Hypertrophic Proprietary Matrix For Increased Myotrophic Activity!

So, obviously by now everyone knows that anabolic/androgenic steroids (AAS), prohormones (PH) and prosteroids (PS) work rather well for aiding lean tissue growth by increasing the anabolic response in muscle tissue thus shuttling nutrients away from fat and feeding them to muscle...and most know that they can have serious side effects like jail, HPTA shut-down, liver enzyme and lipid issues. Oh, and they are banned by about every sporting organization on the planet. Many are willing to take these risks, but it may not be necessary or a best choice for the goals desired.

The way that all androgens (AAS, PH and PS alike are types of androgens) trigger anabolism (protein synthesis/myotrophic activity) in muscle cells is interesting. Once an androgen is in the circulatory or lymphatic system, its molecules merge with androgen receptors (AR’s...remember that term, there will be a test at the end) thus acting as an AR agonist. (Agonist cause a response...antagonist stop one...unless it is an ex-girlfriend of course) The molecule basically delivers a message to the cell telling it what to do. The reason AAS and other androgen-type compounds are so coveted in the underground is simply due to the fact that they deliver a "make more proteins" message in a get bigger and perform better way. (Did I mention the negative side affects?) It is possible to do this without hormones and deliver a significant myotrophic message muscles will pay attention to…without the negative side affects.

What's So Great About Jungle Warfare?

-Increased myotrophic activity
-Favorable nutrient repartitioning
-HPTA modulation
-Estrogen management
-Significant Pro-Hypertrophic capacity
-Anti-Catabolic

What's In It?

Naturally, our design was intended to have a synergistic effect in that one compound’s actions amplifies the others. (I am sure some can think of comparisons to this important point of design). The result is a synergistic Pro-hypertrophic from ALRI featuring an Herbal Proprietary Myotrophic Complex. (Get the name Jungle Warfare™ yet?) Mormordica Chirantia Extract - We use a specific dual extraction/standardization process that allows us to use both the insulinogenic and non-androgenic AR agonistic fractions unique to a proprietary mormordica chirantia extraction. By doing so, we can foster the hypertrophic event in lean tissue via the two most important mechanisms without the usual negative side effects.

ADED (5a-dehydro-etiocholane-1,4,6-trien-3-one-17-ol)
- Many are aware of both the positive and negative physiological issues relating to the naturally occurring aromatase inhibitory ATD. Most of the benefits are the result of one of its physiological 17-OH metabolites. ADED is a natural non-androgenic metabolite of ATD with improved oral bio-availability. Please, do not confuse this with ATD itself as the difference is very important both in structure and action: Some may recall this one from our Ultra H.O.T.ter matrix but to recap…By modulating estrogen build-up the negative feed-back look to the hypothalamus is put in check. The result is that the body optimizes natural testosterone production. We use our favorite aromatase inhibitor to do this and it works pretty well to modulate, instead of obliterate, estrogen. So we still have the right amount of estrogen for optimal growth of lean tissue, without the excess water weight and fat feeding aspect.

Conjugated (-)3,4-divanillyl-tetrahydrofuran - We utilize an excellent free testosterone optimizing compound called Conjugated (-)3,4-divanillyl-tetrahydrofuran. This is simply the result of a series of extraction processes performed upon nettle root. Many know of this herb due the anti-aromatase capacity and the studies that show its positive affects upon BHP in men. Some of the nettle extracts also have a positive affect upon the total testosterone to free/active testosterone ratio. More free testosterone means more “active” (as in the part that really matters) testosterone. Nothing really trick here other than it just works better than one would expect. (Nice for a change when something can be simple and effective). Of course, it is all about effective delivery into the body that makes it an asset.

Proprietary Conjugated Coleonol Extract - Hypotrophic-type receptor health and integrity is paramount to lean tissue optimization. In reality modulation is surprisingly dependant upon cAMP stimulation. Without it, receptor activity down-regulation occurs rapidly and the lean mass promoting symbiotic relationship between hormones goes in the toilet. The ALRI Proprietary Conjugated Coleonol Extract supports this need rather well.[/CENTER]

Restore:

Support Testosterone, Inhibit Estrogen To Promote Lean Mass!

In the ever expanding world of performance and health supplementation today, there is an assumed division between products considered "hard-core only", and those that are intended to promote lean mass acquisition by way of improved over-all health. Both groups of users actually may have the same goals…especially men. Facts are we are performance oriented men and want as much muscle building, sex-driving testosterone as humanly possible. I mean come on, can you find a guy that says "I want to be fat and feminine" (okay, one that isn't looking for a sex-change). We all want to be healthy optimized males! We don't want to deal with the negative side affects of excess estrogen from any source. It shuts down testosterone production and makes people fat and *****y. We like being men!

A Solution

ALRI Restore is not just another testosterone booster. Though an increase in testosterone production alone is pretty cool, and one of the reported major benefits of Restore, it would be only part of the Restore optimized male matrix. Instead we have opted to see how many arguments we can start (and knock-offs we can inspire) this time by raising the bar for product expectations beyond what any one product can currently offer performance oriented males; by doing the whole job. Its okay, we are men, we like competition!

Increased Free Testosterone

Free-T (Proprietary Pure Avenacosides Matrix) - Seems most males who use supplements for lean mass gains have heard of Avena Sativa. Yeah, I know, lots of products already have some form avena sativa or its extracts in it, so what makes this one special? Of course we used an extraction process for maximum active compound content (greatest possible amount of active milligrams per capsule), but in truth Restore™ as a product is special, our Free-T (Proprietary Pure Avenacosides Matrix) from avena sativa just works well in the whole matrix to provide maximum results.

In the body testosterone travels around in two forms: Bound or inactive; meaning it is bound to a protein called SHBGB, and Unbound or free; meaning it is free to do manly things like build muscle. Basically there are phytochemicals in avena sativa called avenacosides A and B. Some studies indicate avenacosides increase actual active or free testosterone in the body by freeing up the bound testosterone from SHBG so there is more active testosterone.​

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
Now for some history.

I have been chosen by ALRI to run a sponsored log of their new BAM product. I am already 3 weeks into my Jungle Warfare/Restore stack, so I will add BAM to that stack to make the EVOLUTION stack. (lots of stacks!)

My detailed status to date can be found here:

SmithsonGA MAX-OT Jungle Warfare/Restore/BAM Bulk - Bodybuilding.com Forums

I will post a summary prior to starting BAM.

I will receive BAM this Tuesday, and will start it on Weds.

Here is my dosing schedule: (I am current at day 21, end of week 3)

Jungle Warfare
weeks 1, 2, 3 : 3 caps JW 3x day
weeks 4, 5 : 1 cap JW 4x day

Restore
weeks 3, 4, 5 : 1 cap Restore 3x day
weeks 6, 7, 8 : 2 caps Restore 3x day

BAM
Days 24-53 (mid week 4 thru mid week 7) : 1 cap BAM 2x day

I am 175lbs, 5'11", eating 3300-3400 cals/day. typically P/C/F 40/30/30

I train utilizing MAX-OT routine. 5 day split. Cardio on 1 weekend day.

Starting Tuesday, my training will split:
Day
1 Legs
2 Chest/Abs
3 Back/Traps
4 Shoulders/Triceps
5 Biceps/Abs

This will be constant until week 7 when I shuffle the order/exercises a bit.

Moooooooooore later!

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
Week 3 Summary

This is my latest summary as I am on Day 24 of my original JW/Restore log and took my first BAM today.

Initial Weight: 168.6
Week 1 Weight: 173.2 +4.6
Week 2 Weight: 172.8 +4.2
Week 3 Weight: 175.4 +6.8

Based on my measurements, my body fat has remained the same at 11.5%. My waist has increased a small amount to 84cm (33.1). (increase of 1cm)

Measurement summary (pre-BAM):
.........Week 1....Now
Waist: 32.7.......33
Chest: 40.5.......41.7
Bicep: 14.5......15.3
Quad: 22.5........23.8
Calf: 15..........15.1
Shoulders: 46.6 47.2 (hard to get repeatable measurement here)

Many shirts are feeling tighter...where the sleeves are a bit short because of my shoulder width...OH darn.

I definitely see in the mirror increased vascularity and size which I believe is showing up more in my measurements than in my weight.

Based on the above info, my LBM has increased from 149.3 to 155.1 which is a 5.8lb increase and my fat lbs have increased by only 1 lb. (approx 90% LBM gain)

Week 1 Average Calories: 3333 (P,C,F) 313,287,111 38%,31%,30%
Week 2 Average Calories: 3323 (P,C,F) 316,295,107 38%,32%,29%
Week 3 Average Calories: 3406 (P,C,F) 318,285,116 38%,31%,30%
Overall Total average: 3356 (P,C,F) 316,289,111 38%,31%,30%

I had MANY PRs this past week and expect more this week. I improved in Legs which is rare for me. I got a HUGE improvement today in legs. Update later tonite.

The main effects I have noticed this week are increased focus, good energy, a general tightness in my body. I have been less sore than Week 1.

I have felt at bit more aggressive and impatient, but nothing crazy.

I have only had 1 zit and no noticeable oily skin increase. NO headaches. Sleep is OK..I seem to wake up a lot (to pee!) and fall asleep easily but I feel quite awake. I cannot sleep in either.

I added Restore last Monday...and my biggest effect noticed is PEEING. ALL the time.

I cannot say how impressed I am with this stack so far. I have NEVER experience such strength gain so quickly. I hope for even more size increases to accelerate for my final 5 weeks. Especially with BAM added.

Here is a cool graph...showing daily morning/evening weights and calorie intake. I will update weekly.

Thanks for following

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Great setup bro, Lookin foreward to all this ALRI Madness!!

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
Day 24
Day 1 -BAM

Weight: 176.4 +7.8
BAM: +0 - Baseline today

Calories: 3404
--P--C--F--
300 281 115
36% 30% 30%

Chest/Abs
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Incline Machine Press - Much easier on my shoulder. Weights mean nothing on this machine, so will only post reps
x12, x10, x8 warmups
x8, x8, x5

Db Press
8x60, 6x60 Wierd...shoulder hurt badly today. Obviously the above incline sets also didnt allow me to use the higher Dbs I am used to.

Machine Flys
9x130, 6x140

Cable Crunches
15x99, 8x108, 7x108 Going to max out the weight stack here soon...

Weighted Crunches
11x35, 9x35

Chest day is a bit frustrating for me lately due to shoulder, but I am getting it. Mixing in some machine work etc has helped.
[/size]

I have a HUGE need for water lately...it seems I simply cannot drink enough. I also have to pee about 3-4x / night..which is quite annoying.

Legs darn sore today, which is awesome.

Back tomorrow....again, workout has changed some this week.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
Day 25
Day 2 - BAM

Weight: 178.2 +9.6
BAM: +1.8

Calories: 3402
--P--C--F--
312 308 113
37% 33% 30%

Back/Traps
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

New workout today, no reference for PRs on most exercises

Bb Rows
95x10, 95x8, 115x6 warmups
7x145, 7x145

V-Bar Lat Pulldown
6x217, 6x217

Pull-ups
x5, x5

Seated Wide Row
8x183

Deadlift
8x135 warmup
6x225, 8x225 Only my 2nd time doing this exercise, so PR but still getting used to it and not pushing too hard to keep form.

Shrugs
7x225, 7x225 forgot my straps...I normally use 305 here but my grip failed :mad:

Upright Row
7x150 Added this due to not being able to do the shrugs I wanted above. NO shoulder pain this time!
[/size]
I LOVED this workout. Very intense, heavy weight (for me) and my back has been burning all day. Incredible pumps and focus at the gym. :D

BIG weight gain these past 3 days. Curious how this continues.

I have been quite aggressive and impatient lately...literally focused on calming myself down a few times.

One annoying thing today, I often put my next dose of caps in my pocket if I have to go out and don't want to miss a dose. Well, I have been doing this without any issues with JW and Restore, BUT the mega BAM cap busted in my pocket apparently. Sucked. It maybe BAM but it isnt Bad Ass Capsule, let me tell you. So I am down to 59 caps :mad: Bunch of crappy smelling powdery crap in my pocket.

OH, my legs are still slightly sore from TUESDAY. Geesh.

Shoulders and Triceps tomorrow.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good set up here man. Sucks about the bam cap. Never had that happen to me before, but I have had some caps fall out of my pocket while sitting around with some co-workers. Imagine the weirdness that brought up.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 26
Day 3 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 177.0 +8.4
BAM: +0.6[/size]

Calories: 3397
--P--C--F--
312 310 115
37% 32% 30%

Triceps/Shoulders
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

New workout today, no reference for PRs on most exercises. Shoulders were burning from being hit hard on chest and back days, so I skipped those.

Skull Crushers
45x12, 55x8, 55x6 warmups
6x80, 6x80, 4x80 - Not a PR, but very good recovery in 2nd set, felt great.

Cable Pressdowns
7x77, 5x77, 5x77

Overhead Db
8x45, 5x55 - 45s waaaay too light, stopped and picked up the 55s :D
[/size]
Nice quick workout but my triceps were finished. Still burning and pumped/sore 9 hrs later.

Today my aggression is out of the park. Very impatient and at times, rude.

I told a guy off at the gym cuz I went to fill my water bottle, leaving my skull crusher setup there (next to my journal etc) and when I came back he had changed the weight and was using it. Rare I would do that....

But that was the start....these two guys (one of which is who I told off) were annoying the piss out of me! Just talking up a storm...chit this chat that...UGH. Sorta jumping from one exercise to another...typically what I was currently working on...wanting to cut in continuously. The gym is for WORKING OUT, NOT social hour. I actually caught myself gritting my teeth.

Just a 'tad' bit of aggression.. :rasp:

Still very dry lips and mouth...seems to be since I started BAM.

My whole body feels sore...like I was hit by a truck..I love it!

Biceps and Abs tomorrow

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 27
Day 4 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 177.8 +9.2
BAM: +1.4[/size]

Calories: 3448
--P--C--F--
308 328 114
36% 34% 30%

Biceps/Abs
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Bb Curls
12x55, 10x55, 8x65 warmups
5x100, 5x100, 4x100 - Not a PR but more total set reps, felt great.

Hammer Db Curls
6x40, 4x40

Cable Curls
6x138, 5x138

Leg Lifts
15x10, 12x12

Cable Crunch
9x104, 10x99
[/size]
Not as aggressive in the gym today. I didnt really hit much in the way of PRs, but I did have good recovery between sets and had higher volume.

Another idiot in the gym today...saw him doing Db press and flys...with a toothpick in his mouth...a first for everything I guess.

My whole body is still pretty sore!

OFF or Cardio tomorrow, depends on how I feel. I need rest.

Some lethargy today...I think I pushed myself this week pretty hard.

Curious on measurements this week, I feel I am getting a bit of fat in the mid-section. I guess I expected some but still hate it.

Legs on Tuesday.:thumbsup:

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where are my pictures? and....... Its your turn for the food check :D Spill it :)

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
Geez, go to bed! :D

hmmm...I posted pics on BB...need to put them here.

I will do a screenshot of yesterdays diet later today.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
Here is an example of my diet:

I need someone to remind me how to do a screenshot....I tried with my imageshack toolbar, but it only does it of my browser window...not another window. I know I did this before.......

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok, your clean :D Take all my fun out of it why dont ya ;)

Carry on........Muscle Head :bb2:

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
haha! Thx.

I am going to tweak my breakfast a bit...to lower the fat content (ham, whole eggs) to less ham and more egg whites vs. whole eggs and up protein elsewhere in the day. See if I can lower the fat to 25% vs. 30%.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 28
Day 5 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 177 +8.4
BAM: +0.6[/size]

Calories: 3629 - OUCH - Big new years party dinner.
--P--C--F--
267 276 141
30% 28% 34%

OFF - Cardio
[size=-2]
22 min HIIT
[/size]
Quiet day. Good cardio, tough tho.

Week 4 summary later today.

Nothing else to report, no sides etc.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Week 4 Summary

Week 4 Weight: 178.4 +9.8
Weight Since BAM (5 days): +2.0
[/size]

Based on my measurements, my body fat has increased to 12%, an increase of 0.5%. My waist has increased to 85cm. (increase of 2cm, 1cm of that increase in this past week)

Measurement summary:
.........Week 1....Now
Waist: 32.7.......33.5
Chest: 40.5.......41.9
Bicep: 14.5......15.3
Quad: 22.5........24
Calf: 15..........15.2
Shoulders: 46.6......47.2 (hard to get repeatable measurement here)

Based on the above info, my LBM has increased from 149.3 to 157.1 which is a 7.8lb increase and my fat lbs have increased by 2 lbs. (approx 80% LBM gain)

Week 4 Average Calories: 3450 (P,C,F) 299,298,120 35%,31%,31% - this was skewed by a bad 12/31 diet.
Overall Total average:... 3379 (P,C,F) 311,291,113 38%,31%,30%

I had a HUGE Pr improvement in Legs last week and other misc PRs as well. I expect more this week as I am going into the 2nd week of my modified training routines. (just shuffled days and some exercises, still max-ot technique)

Interestingly, I am EXPECTING PRs at each workout...and it bums me out if I don't get them. Psychological babble...but effects mindset as I go through the workouts.

I have been crazy sore this week..either from my new exercises/routines or something else...hard to say.

I have been much more aggressive and had a small amount of lethargy..mainly towards the end of the week.

NO acne, oily skin, headaches...nada. I have had a dry mouth, chapped lips and pee all nite.

Here is my latest graph showing daily morning/evening weights and calorie intake.

Now, this past week I seemed to have gained more in my waist. I expected to gain some fat during this bulk, but as this is week 4, halfway, I want to reevaluate my diet. I have creeped up from 3300 cals to 3400 cals over the past 2 weeks and the #s show maybe a bit higher fat content (mainly nat PB and morning eggs/ham). I have almost gained 1" in my waist...with 1/2 of that in the past week.

[size=+1]I want some feedback on my options here:

- Continue diet as is...suck it up...I am getting good gains everywhere, take a little mid-section fat and cut it after this bulk.
- Adjust calories down from 3400 ... -100 or -200?
- Change macros a bit...reduce the fat to 20-25%. I am getting 300g of protein on average everyday...doubt more than that is necessary, but willingly to listen.
[/size]

Thanks for following

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 29
Day 6 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 178.4 +9.8
BAM: +2.0[/size]

Calories: 3467
--P--C--F--
338 340 97
39% 36% 25%

OFF Day

Quiet day. Chores...movie...football.

Nothing else to report, no sides etc.

Legs tomorrow...hope to improve on my 400lb PR last week.
:squat:

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 30
Day 7 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 178.2 +9.6
BAM: +1.8[/size]

Calories: 3526
--P--C--F--
333 330 108
38% 35% 27%

LEGS
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Leg Press
10x170, 10x170, 8x260 warmups
8x400, 6x420, 6x420 ALL PRs here again. +110 lbs since Day 1 of Legs.

Squat
6x275, 6x275 No increase here, BUT no decrease after smoking my legs above good recovery/stamina

Leg Curl
7x120, 6x125 I followed a guy using 50 lbs...haha...different training technique I am thinkin

SLDL
8x155, 7x175 More increases. Switched to using Bb. Like it better. Expecting more increases next week as I feel comfortable with this exercise.

Calf Machine
10x345, 10x345 weird machine. Wish my gym had a standing or donkey calf raise machine.

Seated Calf
8x240, 7x240
[/size]

Felt good today. I was bloated yesterday but felt tight and strong today. I am just amazed at my leg progress and LOVE it. Been my weak body part for a long time.

No sides to report. Everything running like clockwork!

Chest/Abs tomorrow.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Lookin great man...GL moving foreward. Only thing missing is pics.

panic66

Awards
wow very nice log and nice squatting keep up the great work!

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He's special ;) Ill go beat him till I get them in here ok? :bruce1: Im sure he will listen to me ;) lol He has them at the other site I think. He was chosen midway through another stack and we are trying 2 testers with adding bam after 4 weeks of jw & restore to see the effects . So like I said he is special :)

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
OK OK

Here are my pics. I HATE the double bicep pose...looks like a retard

These are from a week ago prior to BAM, but after 3 weeks of JW/Restore (ok, 3 weeks of JW, 1 week of Restore)

:blink:
Very Xmas like, eh?

P.S. My wife just saw these as I posted and she laughed so hard, she fell out of her chair. It is good to be loved.
:icon_lol:

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
Thanks. Pics up :mad: :D

wow very nice log and nice squatting keep up the great work!
Appreciate that. I now like Leg day...

He's special Ill go beat him till I get them in here ok? Im sure he will listen to me lol He has them at the other site I think. He was chosen midway through another stack and we are trying 2 testers with adding bam after 4 weeks of jw & restore to see the effects . So like I said he is special
I feeeeel sooo special.:jaw: :D

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 31
Day 8 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 178.8 +10.2
BAM: +2.4[/size]

Calories: 3541
--P--C--F--
333 365 93
38% 39% 24%

Chest/Abs
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Incline Machine - this hurt my shoulder like a .... bad
12x, 10x, 8x warmups
6x, 5x Stopped. Something about this machine kills my shoulders. :mad:

Db Press
8x60, 7x60 - Hammer grip. Shoulder was OK. But didnt push it.

Machine Fly
10x140, 6x150, 6x150 - Stronger here.

Cable Crunch
9x108, 10x104, 9x104

Crunch w/ Weight
10x35, 8x35
[/size]

Sore shoulder is a bummer. I was using 75 Db for press prior to this bulk cycle. I am going to have the doctor check it within the next couple weeks to be safe.

Looking forward to Back tomorrow.

Weight up again. :study:

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 32
Day 9 - BAM

Weight: 179.4 +10.8
BAM: +3.0
[/size]
Calories: 3545
--P--C--F--
336 338 96
39% 37% 24%

Back/Traps
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Bb Rows
7x145, 7x145

V-Bar Lat Pulldown
8x217, 6x225

Pull-ups
x5, x5

Seated Wide Row
7x200

Deadlift
7x245, 5x255 I keep pushing on this to get heavier but focusing on strict form. all PRs tho.

Shrugs
6x305, 6x305 Nice finish
[/size]
This is my favorite workout. I love moving the heavier weights etc. (ok, heavy for me). My back and traps feel burnt all day.

More major weight gain these past 3 days....really has picked up since starting BAM.

Not as impatient lately.

I do have a major sore throat last 2 days...no other symptoms tho. Getting my rest and vitamins.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 33
Day 10 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 180.4 +11.8
BAM: +4[/size]

Calories: 3542
--P--C--F--
341 366 86
39% 40% 22%

Triceps/Shoulders
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Skipped shoulders so they can 'repair'.

Skull Crushers
7x80, 6x80, 4x80 - Hoped for quicker jump in weight, but progressing.

Cable Pressdowns
7x77, 6x77, 5x77

Overhead Db
7x55, 6x55
[/size]
Nice quick workout but my triceps were finished.

No other sides....hoping my sore throat goes away. Doc gave me one of those Z-paks.

UHHHH, weight is insane. Interested to see what weight gain others get on the similar stack...GEESH. LOVE it.

Biceps and Abs tomorrow

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 34
Day 11 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 179.2 +10.6
BAM: +2.8[/size]

Calories: 3543
--P--C--F--
311 359 104
35% 38% 26%

Biceps/Abs
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Bb Curls
6x100, 5x100, 4x100 - Hoped for greater gains here, but I will take an extra rep when I can get it.

Hammer Db Curls
5x40, 4x40

Cable Curls
6x138, 6x138 +1 set rep here...not much, but still a gain.

Leg Lifts
15x12, 10x15 PR on Leg Lift...whoopee

Cable Crunch
10x104, 8x104
[/size]

Feeling pretty big these days. Wife commented today as I was working in the yard with just a white t-shirt on. (yes, working in the yard....70F here today!) she never comments on that...so that is cool.

My weight dropped a bit today but it is about time...I expect the gains to continue!

My sore throat is much better this evening after 24hrs on my Z-pak. Last night was hell to sleep. I can actually feel scabs in my throat tonite...a beautiful thing. :mad:

Cardio tomorrow, Legs Monday. See if I can push 450 on the leg press on Monday. OOOOOOOH Baby.

Choi

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 35
Day 12 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 181.2 +12.6
BAM: +4.8[/size] :cool:

Calories: 3554
--P--C--F--
351 355 93
40% 37% 23%

OFF - Cardio
[size=-2]
22 min HIIT
[/size]

Cardio was tough today. I am ready to get back to the gym tomorrow. Body feels ready. Has that overall ache/full/growing feeling.

Last day of JW today :( Only Restore/Bam this week.

Lets get it on!

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Week 5 Summary

Week 5 Weight: 181.2 +12.6
Weight Since BAM (12 days): +4.8
[/size]

Based on my measurements, my body fat has stayed at about 12%, if not dropped a bit...but again, an estimate.

Measurement summary:
.........Week 1....Week 4....Week 5
Waist: 32.7.......33.5..........33.6....+0.9
Chest: 40.5.......41.9..........42.1....+1.6
Bicep: 14.5......15.3...........15.55..+1.05:cool:
Quad: 22.5........24.............24......+1.5
Calf: 15..........15.2...........15.35.+0.23
Shoulders: 46.6..47.2...........48.6..+2.0
Forearm:..12......12.2...........12.4..+0.4

Based on the above info, my LBM has increased from 149.3 to 159.5 which is a 10.2lb increase and my fat lbs have increased by 2.4 lbs. (approx 80% LBM gain)

Week 4 Average Calories: 3450 (P,C,F) 299,298,120 35%,31%,31%
Week 5 Average Calories: 3520 (P,C,F) 335,348, 97..39%,37%,24%
Overall Total average:... 3410 (P,C,F) 315,302,110 38%,33%,29%

Good PRs last week, some examples of strength gains so far:

Leg Press: 6x310 up to 6x440
Bicep Curl: 5x95 up to 5x100 with higher set volume
Skulls: 5x75 up to 6x80

I just finished JW and am on just BAM/Restore now.

Not quite as sore this week. NO acne.

I have not been sleeping well lately...waking up a lot and not that tired.

I did have a BAD sore throat for 3 days last week and am still on a Z-Pak to get rid of it. NO effect on my workouts, which surprised me. (unless I just gained less and dont know it.....)

Here is my latest graph showing daily morning/evening weights and calorie intake.

I have been lowering my fat more this week and raised my cals more.

If my progress continues, you can see my morning weight should hit 188...which would be a 20lb gain. I cannot imagine, but we shall see.

Comments on my weight gain vs. measurements and strength? Do they add up?

thx

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 36
Day 13 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 181.2 +12.6
BAM: +4.8[/size]

Calories: 3569
--P--C--F--
336 356 88
38% 38% 22%

LEGS
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Leg Press
10x170, 10x170, 8x260 warmups
8x420, 6x440, 6x440 ALL PRs here again. +130 lbs since Day 1 of Legs.

Squat
7x275, 6x285 Good PR here after the above presses

Leg Curl
6x125, 6x125

SLDL
8x185, 6x200 NICE increases here.

Calf Machine
10x350, 10x350

Seated Calf
8x240, 7x240
[/size]
Felt good today. VERY pleased to increase weight on squats after the PR presses. Next week I switch back to squats first and expect weight increases there!

No sides to report. Everything running like clockwork!

Chest/Abs tomorrow.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 37
Day 14 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 182.0 +13.4
BAM: +5.6[/size]

--P--C--F--
328 338 105
37% 37% 26%

Chest/Abs
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Db Press
12x35, 10x40, 8x45 warmups
10x60, 8x65, 8x65 - Hammer grip. Shoulder was....FINE! Felt good. Strength claiming finally. No where near a PR, but with hammer grip, close.

Dips
x8, x8, x8 - good recovery...felt great.

Machine Fly
5x150, 5x150 - don't like this machine either. will try Db flys next time.

Cable Crunch
10x104, 10x104, 8x104

Crunch w/ Weight
8x35, 7x35
[/size]

Shoulder felt good today!!! Either from the anti-inflammatory drugs (and/or some healing) and/or no more JW pills....some other logs had joint pain when on JW...whichever, nice to feel strong without pain on this day.

Weight up again. :D

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 37
Day 14 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]

--P--C--F--
328 338 105
37% 37% 26%

Chest/Abs
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Db Press
12x35, 10x40, 8x45 warmups
10x60, 8x65, 8x65 - Hammer grip. Shoulder was....FINE! Felt good. Strength climbing finally. No where near a PR, but with hammer grip, close.

Dips
x8, x8, x8 - good recovery...felt great.

Machine Fly
5x150, 5x150 - don't like this machine either. will try Db flys next time.

Cable Crunch
10x104, 10x104, 8x104

Crunch w/ Weight
8x35, 7x35
[/size]

Shoulder felt good today!!! Either from the anti-inflammatory drugs (and/or some healing) and/or no more JW pills....some other logs had joint pain when on JW...whichever, nice to feel strong without pain on this day.

Weight up again. :D

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 38
Day 15 - BAM halfway!

Weight: 182.2 +13.6
BAM: +5.8
[/size]
Calories: 3574
--P--C--F--
325 353 105
37% 38% 26%

Back/Traps
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Bb Rows
7x145, 7x145

V-Bar Lat Pulldown
7x225, 7x225 - good recovery to repeat the PR

Pull-ups
x5, x5

Seated Wide Row
7x200 - same as last week

Deadlift
8x255, 6x275 I keep pushing on this to get heavier but focusing on strict form. all PRs tho.

Shrugs
7x305, 6x305 Nice finish
[/size]
Workout felt good, not as good as in the past, but good. Enjoying the Deads. I want to hit 300 on deads and squats...close on both.

Just overall feeling good...no real effects noticed. not as thirsty, dont pee as much, not lethargic...no zits.

Onward and upward!

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 39
Day 16 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 180.8 +12.2
BAM: +4.4[/size]

Calories: 3513
--P--C--F--
330 333 96
38% 36% 25%

Triceps/Shoulders
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Skipped shoulders so they can 'repair'.

Skull Crushers
7x80, 7x80, 6x80 - total set PR of 20 reps..+3 from last week

Cable Pressdowns
6x77, 6x77, 6x77 Same

Overhead Db
8x55, 8x55 I guess moving to 60s are in order here.
[/size]
Nice quick workout but my triceps were finished.

My tris were actually hurting from the pump...adding to my traps burning from yesterday. NICE :cool:

Weight dipped a bit this am....body cycling.

Biceps and Abs tomorrow

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 40
Day 17 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 180.4 +11.8
BAM: +4[/size]

Calories: 3540
--P--C--F--
340 330 103
39% 35% 26%

Biceps/Abs
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Bb Curls
8x90, 5x100, 5x100 - Argh..Mis-loaded the bar at 90..still felt stronger.

Hammer Db Curls
6x40, 5x40 - PR AND +2 reps for the entire set

Cable Curls
6x138, 6x138 same.

Leg Lifts
11x15, 11x15 PR on Leg Lift...whoopee

Cable Crunch
10x104, 7x104
[/size]
Overall good solid feeling lately.

My weight has reversed a little bit, but fluctuating in the same general trend...expect +18 to +20 lbs total at the end. Not sure if the reversal is a thinning out a bit or something to do with being off JW now. Or just water. We shall follow the trend!

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 41
Day 18 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]

Calories: 3546
--P--C--F--
331 347 103
38% 36% 26%

OFF - Rest

Body has that overall ache/full/growing feeling.

Feeling like I am leaning out....we shall see on measurement day, but my weight has been more constant, but I think I may be losing some fat. This is my first week off JW and I am NOT gaining weight...very steady. We shall see if I have stalled or if the weight is 'moving around'.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 42
Day 19 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]

Calories: 3550
--P--C--F--
350 357 94
41% 36% 24%

OFF - Rest

No time for Cardio today...very busy working on the house...so probably plenty of cardio running up and downstairs 30 times.

Unfortunately my gym is closed tomorrow for MLK day (I couldnt believe it). Will do cardio and push workout to Tues. New workout again this week, will post details tomorrow.

Only 2 more weeks! Same weight for the past 3 days.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 43
Day 20 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 180.0 +11.4
BAM: +3.6[/size]

Calories: 3548
--P--C--F--
332 339 97
38% 36% 24%

Cardio
[size=-2]HIIT - 22 mins.[/size]

Cardio BURNED my legs today...tough one to finish.

GYM was closed today for MLK day, so I kick off the week tomorrow.

new workout split this week:
Back/Biceps
Legs
Chest/Abs
Shoulders/Traps
Triceps/Forearms

Week 6 update later

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Week 6 Summary

Week 5 Weight: 181.2 +12.6
Week 6 Weight: 180.8 +12.2
Weight Since BAM (19 days): +4.4
[/size]

My bodyfat has decrease a bit, so my LBM is the same as last week at 159.5 with BF slightly less.

Week 4 Average Calories: 3450 (P,C,F) 299,298,120 35%,31%,31%
Week 5 Average Calories: 3520 (P,C,F) 335,348, 97..39%,37%,24%
Week 6 Average Calories: 3546 (P,C,F) 335,344, 99..38%,37%,25%
Overall Total average:... 3433 (P,C,F) 319,309,108 38%,33%,29%

This week has been just BAM/Restore.

Not quite as sore again. Workout mix up this week will probably 'fix' that.

As you can see, my weight has plateaued and even went down!!!

Now, the only difference I can determine is NO more Jungle Warfare this week and I am on an anti-inflammatory for my shoulder. I don't like this trend!!

Only two more weeks and 10 more days of BAM!

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 44
Day 21 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
BAM: +5.8[/size]

Calories: 3595
--P--C--F--
351 349 99
39% 36% 25%

Back/Bis
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Lat Pulldown
12x83, 10x117, 8x150
7x225, 5x233 Great PR here...

V-Bar Close Pulldown
6x225, 6x225

Bb Row
6x145, 6x145 - not a PR, but nice to get this volume after the above

Db Curl
7x40, 4x45 ALL PR here...very pleased especially after Back

Bb Curl
5x100, 4x100 - Nice volume after everything above.[/size]

I felt good and strong today...looked very vascular and thick in the gym mirrors (so thats why they have mirrors :D)

For some reason, Db curls really hurt my shoulder...WEIRD.

My weight is back up....we will just keep watching the overall trend. Eating good.

Legs today, expecting Squat PR...see if we can get 300 in my 4-6 rep range!

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 45
Day 22 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 181.8 +13.2
BAM: +5.4[/size]

Calories: 3614
--P--C--F--
347 365 97
39% 37% 24%

LEGS
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Squats
12x95, 10x135, 8x155
8x285, 6x300, 6x305 :eek: OHHH yah! had to bump the last 5 lbs to be +60 lbs since day 1 of this stack.

Leg Press
7x440 After above thought for sure I would be weak here...nope.

SLDL
7x205, 6x215 BAM! Actually my grip was slipping on the 2nd set....wimpy hands.

Leg Curl
6x110 - lower than normal...my hams were toast

Seated Calf
8x240, 8x240

Leg Press Calf
10x420[/size]

[size=+1]I LOOOVE PRS! :cool:[/size]

Obviously felt good in the gym today...focused but not pissed...haha, if u know what I mean.

Weight staying up there

NO side effects...this stack is amazing. I dont get headaches, acne, oily skin...just peeing a lot and PRs! Did I mention PPPRRRSS?? :D

Oh, one more side effect...my new jeans...I bought these after I finished my cut 2 months ago...well, either they shrunk...or....my legs have grown enough to cause them to be floods...waist is still perfect, length is now short. My wife prefers I get the skinny leg (no saggy butt jeans allowed) and I am noticing my 'new' thighs are tight. :cool:

Now, I got Squat to 300...need to get Deads there...275 last week...maybe in 2 weeks? :eek:

Eating like a tank. Bottomless pit lately.

BOO yah!

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 46
Day 23 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]

Calories: 3604
--P--C--F--
332 378 89
39% 37% 24%

Chest/Abs
[size=-2]
Blue=PR
Bad News today. Shoulders are fried...something is wrong :(

I couldnt even do 1 rep of my first warmup set with Db Bench.

Had to completely skip chest today...just did abs which I wont even summarize.
[/size]
I called Dr. for a ortho referral, but will have to skip chest and shoulders next week also (last week of this cycle). I will be able to crank out traps (DEADS!) and triceps tomorrow.

The ONLY good thing is next week I am at a sales mtg in Orlando all week and will have to go to the "Y" at 5:30am prior to all the meetings..so now I only have to do that 2 times, not 4. Trying to see the bright side of it.

I will crank on Deads tomorrow!

night.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 47
Day 24 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
BAM: +5.8[/size]

Calories: 3605
--P--C--F--
327 346 104
37% 38% 26%

Traps/Tris
[size=-2]
Blue=PR

Deadlifts
8x135, 6x185, 6x185 warmups
6x275, 5x275 Set PR, good volume.

Shrugs
8x305, 6x305

Tricep Pushdowns
10x45, 8x54 warmups
7x77, 6x77

Skullcrushers
6x80, 5x80

Wrist Curls Bb
9x45, 7x45

Wrist Curls Db
9x60
[/size]
I was very lethargic in the gym today...feels like my body is a bit beat up. Most likely from the shoulder injury. Sucks to have to limit my workout routine. Oh well, I have an appt next Friday with ortho.

Eating good and weight is creeping up a bit, but fairly steady.

Next week will be interesting as M-Th I will be at a sales conference...trying to track diet and get good workouts in. I have to use the hotel gym which I hope is ok. It is supposedly a 'spa'..so it should have more equipment than usual.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 48
Day 25 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 182.4 +13.8
BAM: +6.0[/size]

Calories: 3631
--P--C--F--
309 335 101
35% 36% 25%

REST

Overall good feeling today. Traps pretty sore.

Had a nice cheat dinner (Birthday) Prime Filets, birthday cake, red wine...oh yes.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 49
Day 26 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 182.4 +13.8
BAM: +6.0[/size]

Calories: 3614
--P--C--F--
286 363 115
32% 38% 258%

REST

Lazy day. Traveled to Orlando...will be here all week.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 50
Day 27 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
No Weight. Traveling.
[/size]
Calories: 3343
--P--C--F--
319 288 101
38% 33% 27%

REST

In meetings all day. Lucky to eat what I did...ever sit at 9pm eat an apple and trying to down 3T of Nat PB to get calories?!??! Geez.

finally able to workout tomorrow. Week 7 update will be a bit later this week due to travel schedule.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 51
Day 28 - BAM
[/size]
[size=+1]
Weight: 183 +14.4
BAM: +6.6[/size]

Calories: 3567
--P--C--F--
300 274 88
34% 30% 22%

Back

Working out at the hotel...so out of routine.

Did Lat pulldowns and Db rows. Felt fine.

Tried to do Bicep Db curls, but it really hurt my shoulder. Lovely. Again, Dr. on Fri.

This cycle is winding down.....only 2 more BAM and about 4 more days of Restore.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 52
Day 29 - BAM
[/size]

No Weight - traveling

Calories: 3048
--P--C--F--
322 223 95
43% 28% 28%

Cardio

Working out at the hotel...so did Cardio...22min HIIT on stepper and 20 mins fast walk, incline treadmill.

Hard to get my food in while traveling.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
[size=+2]Day 53
Day 30 - BAM
[/size]

No Weight - traveling

Calories: 3069
--P--C--F--
282 303 87
38% 37% 25%

OFF

Traveled all day. Finally back tomorrow. can workout legs.