The EVOLUTION (stack) of BigPoppaDros

Dros120

Awards
The EVLOUTION of BIGPOPPADROS

This is my first log and I am fairly new to the boards. I have been training for over 10 years and competing for four; diet and training logs are second nature to me so posting should be an easy step.
I really appreciate Fnf and ALRI for giving me the chance to test the EVOLUTION STACK and I hope my log is helpful. I definitely will appreciate any feedback on details that I might forget if it would be helpful to any of you. Here is a little history of what led me to the EVOLUTION:

The Past:
This past November I finished up my fourth year of competing and for the first time in that four years I failed to build and progress my physique. I had more knowledge, more focus, more drive, and more discipline but did not translate to into positive results.
My perspective became blurred and I dropped too much weight in my pursuit to be as hard and lean as possible. I did reach a new level of conditioning, but it was not until I reflected on the contest photos that I saw why my placings were below my expectations.
I dieted for 16 weeks leading up the INBF Naturalmania. After placing out of the top 5, I decided to continue the diet for another 7 weeks to the INBF Worlds. This long diet took a toll as begin dropping weight and seeing my testosterone drop.
In 2005 I stepped on stage at 184 lbs. In September 2006 I hit the stage at 182 and in November I dropped down to Middleweight at 172 lbs. Here are the pics from this past fall:

The Present:
In the five weeks since I was last on stage, I have focuses on regaining strength and building some muscle as well as adding some fat (for overall health). I eat clean all year around and I stay on a consistent meal schedule (detail will follow in the log). Since the competition I have not kept a log, but habit keeps me always aware of my daily intake. I have been around 300g protein, 300-325 carb. 100g fat.
My training has been high volume with a focus on building strength in the 6-10 rep range. In past off seasons I have placed too much emphasis on low rep strength training and I feel it is now time to get re-focused on a more traditional bodybuilding rep range. I found that the 1-3 rep range led to injury and it did not produce the growth I had hoped for. I have also been integrating some X-rep techniques into my training.
Here is a photo from a few weeks after the competition; still hard but beginning to fill out:

The Future:
Now that my body has stabilized and recovered from the long diet, I am ready to focus on new gains. I need to add the thickness and size necessary to get the placing I diet so hard for. In order to achieve this goal, I am lucky to be selected as a tester for the ALRI EVOLUTION STACK.
I hope to see this stack help me to achieve new levels of strength and growth as well as help me to recover the libido and hormone balance that crashed during the diet.

Tomorrow I will post my diet and training schedule for the EVOLUTION STACK test and Thursday (12-28) the log will get going…

Dros120

Awards
STATS:
Sex: M
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 193
Body type: ecto
Est. BF% : 5%

Training experience: I started lifting/training more than 10 years ago to help my performance in HS sports. In college my passion for lifting kept me in the gym constantly and led me try bodybuilding. I have been competing as a natural bodybuilding for 4 years. For more than 6 years I have been keeping records and charts of food intake and nutrient counts (most of these I have kept on CD). I have used different nutritionists, training techniques, and a wide variety of supplements as I work to achieve my goal of obtaining a natural pro-card.

Current Training Schedule / Protocol (as much detail as possible): I train twice a day; once at 5 am before work and again at 6:30 pm after work. I started double splits years ago when I read Arnold’s Encyclopedia of BB and I kept it up ever since. It has become a habit and addiction, but I really feel it allows me to focus on certain muscles and then have a break before hitting something else.

AM PM
Sunday Quads Hams
Monday Cardio/Abs OFF
Tuesday Bis/Calves Chest
Wednesday Quads/Hams Delts/Tris
Thursday Cardio/Abs Back/Traps (focus on row/deads)
Friday Cardio/Calves OFF
Saturday Bi's & Tri's Back (focus on pulldown)

Each time I hit a certain muscle group it is trained differently from the previous session. This could be different exercises and/or different rep schemes and techniques. Also, one session is always faster with less volume (never light).

Cardio Schedule/Protocol (as much detail as possible):
Monday, Wednesday, Friday / 5:00am / 35-40 min Gauntlet / 1-2 sessions = interval training. I will also throw in some 15-20 min sessions when I feel I need it as a warm up.

Current supplements (exact brand/product name):
Beverly Ultra 4 Multivitamin
Digestive Enzyme
CLA- 2000mg 3 x per day
SesaMax – 1 cap 3 x per day
ALRI Hyperdrive (3 pre-workout) OR Ergo Amp (3-4)
NO Shotgun (1 scoop before evening lift)
BCAA (bulk) – 15g pre-workout
Creatine/Leucine/Glutamine (5g each – bulk mix) – postworkout
ZMA
Tribulus (bulk) – 1 tsp x 2 daily

Current Nutrition and Macros (as much detail as possible):
300 Protein / 350 Carb / 75 Fat
7 Meals per day (all charted each day): portions are all planned the day before to fit the above totals, but the breakdown changes each day depending on mood:
- 3-4 Protein Shakes (Beverly Ultimate Muscle / True Protein Blend (Micellar Casein + Whey Isolate + Trehalose) AND 1/3 – ½ cup Oatmeal
- 3-4 whole food meals: Oatmeal OR Ezekiel Break / 4-5oz Chicken OR 93% lean Ground beef (1 meal beef) / 1 cup green beans

Current Daily water intake: 6 L / day

Short Term Goal: Gain as much lean mass as possible by April (start of next contest diet) while holding BF below 9-10%

Long Term Goal: Continue to gain lean mass and win natural pro-card. Recent contest judging comments have called for more thickness and overall size.

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs (for the last 60 days): NONE

Supplement history (as much detail as possible):
- ALRI Jungle Warfare; ALRI Restore; AX Retain; AX Hyperdrol
- Fat burner / stimulants: Redline (caps & liquid); Ergopharm AMP; CMI Red Cell; Lipo 6; Dymatize Amp’d; ALRI Venom; IDS Kranker; Thermolife Stizim; AMP & H.E.A.T. stack; Gaspari Thyrotabs
- Creatine mono; bulk CEE; MAN Orotine; bulk Creatine/Leucine/Glutamine mix; SizeOn
- NO Xplode; NO Shotgun; SuperPump 250; Satur8 Rush; Beverly Muscle Synergy
- CLA; MAN Vaporize; Scivation Sesamin; bulk Fish Oil Caps; Flax (liquid & caps); Beverly EFA Gold
- bulk BCAA; Beverly Mass Aminos; Beverly Ultra 40; Beverly Muscle Mass BCAA; L-glutamine (various brands)
- Tribulus; various Trib- based blends
-NEVER USED any PH/PS, Anabolic steroids, GH or anything listed on the banned list for most natural BB associations.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
dude your ripped to the bone, your shoulders and quads are sickly!! in a good way! Welcome, im glad to hear some confidence and we can use inteligent, experinced board memebrs who contribute to the board and its efforts!!

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
damn, great physique man, can't wait to see and compare our results with this stack. Good luck

m88tow

Awards
Wow dude, you got a great physique and those shoulders are bad ass. Good luck with the log and the contests next season, I will be following.

cervasa1977

cervasa1977

Controlled Labs Board Rep
Awards
great start to the log looking forward to this one

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
The EVLOUTION of BIGPOPPADROS

This is my first log and I am fairly new to the boards. I have been training for over 10 years and competing for four; diet and training logs are second nature to me so posting should be an easy step.
I really appreciate Fnf and ALRI for giving me the chance to test the EVOLUTION STACK and I hope my log is helpful. I definitely will appreciate any feedback on details that I might forget if it would be helpful to any of you. Here is a little history of what led me to the EVOLUTION:

The Past:
This past November I finished up my fourth year of competing and for the first time in that four years I failed to build and progress my physique. I had more knowledge, more focus, more drive, and more discipline but did not translate to into positive results.
My perspective became blurred and I dropped too much weight in my pursuit to be as hard and lean as possible. I did reach a new level of conditioning, but it was not until I reflected on the contest photos that I saw why my placings were below my expectations.
I dieted for 16 weeks leading up the INBF Naturalmania. After placing out of the top 5, I decided to continue the diet for another 7 weeks to the INBF Worlds. This long diet took a toll as begin dropping weight and seeing my testosterone drop.
In 2005 I stepped on stage at 184 lbs. In September 2006 I hit the stage at 182 and in November I dropped down to Middleweight at 172 lbs. Here are the pics from this past fall:

The Present:
In the five weeks since I was last on stage, I have focuses on regaining strength and building some muscle as well as adding some fat (for overall health). I eat clean all year around and I stay on a consistent meal schedule (detail will follow in the log). Since the competition I have not kept a log, but habit keeps me always aware of my daily intake. I have been around 300g protein, 300-325 carb. 100g fat.
My training has been high volume with a focus on building strength in the 6-10 rep range. In past off seasons I have placed too much emphasis on low rep strength training and I feel it is now time to get re-focused on a more traditional bodybuilding rep range. I found that the 1-3 rep range led to injury and it did not produce the growth I had hoped for. I have also been integrating some X-rep techniques into my training.
Here is a photo from a few weeks after the competition; still hard but beginning to fill out:

The Future:
Now that my body has stabilized and recovered from the long diet, I am ready to focus on new gains. I need to add the thickness and size necessary to get the placing I diet so hard for. In order to achieve this goal, I am lucky to be selected as a tester for the ALRI EVOLUTION STACK.
I hope to see this stack help me to achieve new levels of strength and growth as well as help me to recover the libido and hormone balance that crashed during the diet.

Tomorrow I will post my diet and training schedule for the EVOLUTION STACK test and Thursday (12-28) the log will get going…

Holy sH** how did u get so ripped?:bb2:

Dros120

Awards
Here is the EVOLUTION STACK:

Bad Ass Mass:

Bad Ass Mass™ is designed to support serious mass gain through the most effective pro-anabolic pathways.

-Stimulate muscle AR’s for enhanced protein synthesis and tissue repair.
-Bind SHBG to increase levels of free testosterone.
-Increase LH/FSH to maximize output of natural testosterone.
-Increase glycogen retention and optimize internal hydration levels.
-Support superior protein synthesis through modulation of transcription factors.
-Inhibits excessive cortisol levels for an anti-catabolic effect.
-Promote recovery of the neuromuscular matrix.
-Provide superior results either in a synergistic stack or as a standalone supplement

Jungle Warfare:

Pro-Hypertrophic Proprietary Matrix For Increased Myotrophic Activity!

So, obviously by now everyone knows that anabolic/androgenic steroids (anabolic steroids), prohormones (PH) and prosteroids (PS) work rather well for aiding lean tissue growth by increasing the anabolic response in muscle tissue thus shuttling nutrients away from fat and feeding them to muscle...and most know that they can have serious side effects like jail, HPTA shut-down, liver enzyme and lipid issues. Oh, and they are banned by about every sporting organization on the planet. Many are willing to take these risks, but it may not be necessary or a best choice for the goals desired.

The way that all androgens (anabolic steroids, PH and PS alike are types of androgens) trigger anabolism (protein synthesis/myotrophic activity) in muscle cells is interesting. Once an androgen is in the circulatory or lymphatic system, its molecules merge with androgen receptors (AR’s...remember that term, there will be a test at the end) thus acting as an AR agonist. (Agonist cause a response...antagonist stop one...unless it is an ex-girlfriend of course) The molecule basically delivers a message to the cell telling it what to do. The reason AAS and other androgen-type compounds are so coveted in the underground is simply due to the fact that they deliver a "make more proteins" message in a get bigger and perform better way. (Did I mention the negative side affects?) It is possible to do this without hormones and deliver a significant myotrophic message muscles will pay attention to…without the negative side affects.

What's So Great About Jungle Warfare?

-Increased myotrophic activity
-Favorable nutrient repartitioning
-HPTA modulation
-Estrogen management
-Significant Pro-Hypertrophic capacity
-Anti-Catabolic

What's In It?

Naturally, our design was intended to have a synergistic effect in that one compound’s actions amplifies the others. (I am sure some can think of comparisons to this important point of design). The result is a synergistic Pro-hypertrophic from ALRI featuring an Herbal Proprietary Myotrophic Complex. (Get the name Jungle Warfare™ yet?) Mormordica Chirantia Extract - We use a specific dual extraction/standardization process that allows us to use both the insulinogenic and non-androgenic AR agonistic fractions unique to a proprietary mormordica chirantia extraction. By doing so, we can foster the hypertrophic event in lean tissue via the two most important mechanisms without the usual negative side effects.

ADED (5a-dehydro-etiocholane-1,4,6-trien-3-one-17-ol) - Many are aware of both the positive and negative physiological issues relating to the naturally occurring aromatase inhibitory ATD. Most of the benefits are the result of one of its physiological 17-OH metabolites. ADED is a natural non-androgenic metabolite of ATD with improved oral bio-availability. Please, do not confuse this with ATD itself as the difference is very important both in structure and action: Some may recall this one from our Ultra H.O.T.ter matrix but to recap…By modulating estrogen build-up the negative feed-back look to the hypothalamus is put in check. The result is that the body optimizes natural testosterone production. We use our favorite aromatase inhibitor to do this and it works pretty well to modulate, instead of obliterate, estrogen. So we still have the right amount of estrogen for optimal growth of lean tissue, without the excess water weight and fat feeding aspect.

Conjugated (-)3,4-divanillyl-tetrahydrofuran - We utilize an excellent free testosterone optimizing compound called Conjugated (-)3,4-divanillyl-tetrahydrofuran. This is simply the result of a series of extraction processes performed upon nettle root. Many know of this herb due the anti-aromatase capacity and the studies that show its positive affects upon BHP in men. Some of the nettle extracts also have a positive affect upon the total testosterone to free/active testosterone ratio. More free testosterone means more “active” (as in the part that really matters) testosterone. Nothing really trick here other than it just works better than one would expect. (Nice for a change when something can be simple and effective). Of course, it is all about effective delivery into the body that makes it an asset.

Proprietary Conjugated Coleonol Extract - Hypotrophic-type receptor health and integrity is paramount to lean tissue optimization. In reality modulation is surprisingly dependant upon cAMP stimulation. Without it, receptor activity down-regulation occurs rapidly and the lean mass promoting symbiotic relationship between hormones goes in the toilet. The ALRI Proprietary Conjugated Coleonol Extract supports this need rather well.

Restore:

Support Testosterone, Inhibit Estrogen To Promote Lean Mass!

In the ever expanding world of performance and health supplementation today, there is an assumed division between products considered "hard-core only", and those that are intended to promote lean mass acquisition by way of improved over-all health. Both groups of users actually may have the same goals…especially men. Facts are we are performance oriented men and want as much muscle building, sex-driving testosterone as humanly possible. I mean come on, can you find a guy that says "I want to be fat and feminine" (okay, one that isn't looking for a sex-change). We all want to be healthy optimized males! We don't want to deal with the negative side affects of excess estrogen from any source. It shuts down testosterone production and makes people fat and *****y. We like being men!

A Solution

ALRI Restore is not just another testosterone booster. Though an increase in testosterone production alone is pretty cool, and one of the reported major benefits of Restore, it would be only part of the Restore optimized male matrix. Instead we have opted to see how many arguments we can start (and knock-offs we can inspire) this time by raising the bar for product expectations beyond what any one product can currently offer performance oriented males; by doing the whole job. Its okay, we are men, we like competition!

Increased Free Testosterone

Free-T (Proprietary Pure Avenacosides Matrix) - Seems most males who use supplements for lean mass gains have heard of Avena Sativa. Yeah, I know, lots of products already have some form avena sativa or its extracts in it, so what makes this one special? Of course we used an extraction process for maximum active compound content (greatest possible amount of active milligrams per capsule), but in truth Restore™ as a product is special, our Free-T (Proprietary Pure Avenacosides Matrix) from avena sativa just works well in the whole matrix to provide maximum results.

In the body testosterone travels around in two forms: Bound or inactive; meaning it is bound to a protein called SHBGB, and Unbound or free; meaning it is free to do manly things like build muscle. Basically there are phytochemicals in avena sativa called avenacosides A and B. Some studies indicate avenacosides increase actual active or free testosterone in the body by freeing up the bound testosterone from SHBG so there is more active testosterone.

I will be running it as follows:

Meal 1: 1 cap JW, 1 cap BAM, 1 cap Restore
Meal 4: 1 cap JW, 1 cap Restore
Meal 6: 1 cap JW, 1 cap BAM, 1 cap Restore

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Saturday, December 30, 2006
Time: 7:30am
Muscle groups: Bi’s & Tri’s / Abs

Exercise # Description Weight/Reps Weight/Reps Weight/Reps Weight/Reps Weight/Reps
1-SS Cable curl (1+1/2’s) 70/15 80/12 90/10 90/10
1-SS V bar push down 150/20 160/15 180/12 190/10
2 Decline tri-extension (ez bar) (1+1/2’s) 75/15 85/10 95/8 95/6
3 Straight bar curl 55/20 75/12 85/10 95/8 105-85-65-45 / 8-5-5-8
4-SS Close grip bench – smith 155/15 175/8 185/8 175/9
4-SS 2 arm incline db curl 20/15 25/12 30/8 30/8
5-SS overhead ext 75/15 85/12 85/12
5-SS db alt curl 40/12 40/12 40/13
6-SS 1 arm overhead ext 30/10 30/10
6-SS 1 arm incline db curl 20/15 25/10

Abs:
SS #1: Vert. bench leg raise 1+1/2’s (3 x 10-12) + ball crunch (3 x 10)
SS #2: Lying reverse crunch (3 x 10) + decline crunch 1+1/2’s (3x8)
NOTES: strength increasing from last week; pump was slow to come, but it was solid by exercise #4.

Time: 4:00pm
Muscle groups: Calves / Upper Back
Exercise # Description Weight/Reps Weight/Reps Weight/Reps Weight/Reps Weight/Reps
1 leg press calves – 1 leg 140/ 25 140/ 25 140/ 25 140/ 25
2-SS leg press calves – 2 leg 410/20 410/15 410/15 410/15
2-SS standing calves – smith 195/15 195/15 195/15 195/15
3 seated calves – 1+1/2’s 115/10 115/12 115/10

1 Wide pulldown 130/20 145/14 145/13 160-130-100/10-5-5
2-SS Close pulldown – 1+1/2’s 130/8 130/8 130/7
2-SS Close grip bent row – 3 sec. negative 155/10 155/10 155/10
3 Seated row – 1+1/2’s 160/15 175-100/8-6 160-130-100/12-5-8
4 rev. grip bent row – smith 155/25 155/25 155/20 165/22 + 8

Notes: I train calves instinctively and do not really pay attention to strength changes. I use a variety of high reps and super sets to bring them to fatigue. The back work tonight is what I call the “B” workout. Earlier in the week I have done the heavy work focusing on the basic excercises. This workout is short and fast with a focus on shock techniques such as supersets, temp changes, 1+1/2 reps, x-reps, etc. The high reps and fast pace tonight gave me a good pump and I moved through it without a loss of strength or energy.

DIET:
NOTE: I keep a food log everyday, but it is tedious to put in here everyday. To make it more straightforward, I will just put the marco totals from the day and how many meals I ate. Once or twice each week I will post the entire food chart for a day.

Meals: 6
Macros: 290 protein / 240 carb. / 85 fat
Supplements:
- Pre-workout: 2 venom, 1 scoop NO Shotgun (AM)
- Post Workout: 5g creatine, 5g Leucine, 5g Glutamine
- Meal 1: Ultra 4 multi; 1 SesaMax; 2 CLA, 1 JW, 1 BAM, 1 RESTORE
- Meal 3: 1 SesaMax; 2 CLA, 1 JW, 1 RESTORE
- Meal 5: 1 SesaMax; 2 CLA, 1 JW, 1 BAM, 1 RESTORE
- 1 digestive enzyme with each meal

Notes:
On the weekends I usually drop my carbs from my baseline (300-300-75) and increase fat slightly. I add in some red meat and almonds throughout the day, while decreasing carbs later in the day. This gives me a little variety from the work week.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: Training was productive today; it was a good day to begin the first week of the log that will establish the baseline for future gains. I did not notice any effects of the EVOLUTION STACK today, but I do not expect any for a few more days. Legs tomorrow…

Dros120

Awards
First Set of Update Pics

First set of progress photos for the LOG, taken Jan. 1, 2007:

The first set of pics posted were taken the week before I competed on November 11. This set is about 8 weeks later and 20lbs heavier, so this is the baseline for the log.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Sunday, December 31, 2006
Time: 9:00am
Muscle groups: Quads

Warm-up: Extensions

Leg Press – increasing sets
540-630-720/10-8-6
630-720-810/10-8-6

Leg Press
900/15
1000/12
1100/8 1100/10
450/40

Smith squat (to parallel)
405/12
455/10
525/6

Smith squat – bottom half only
185/6
185/7
185/9

Press machine (body masters) – 1+1/2’s
250/15
300/10
300/15

Extensions
175/10
175/15
175/15
115/20
115/26

NOTES: The holiday gym schedule kind threw me off today, should have done hams as a separate workout, but the gym closed early. Quads went well, felt strong and pushed more weight than ever on the leg press and smith squat.

DIET:
NOTE:

Macros: 300 protein / 245 carb. / 81fat
Supplements:

Notes: Typical Sunday. Less meals than during the week and lower carbs, just because I wake up later and go to bed earlier.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: Great quad workout, but it was not a typical day; pretty much laid around waiting for the new year to roll in.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Monday, January 01, 2007
Time: 11:00am
Muscle groups: Chest / Cardio

Incline Press – smith
135/20
185/15
235/9
245/6
245/5
(1+1/2’s) 185/10

DB press (flat)
(1+1/2’s) 80/9
80/14
(1+1/2’s) 80/10
80-65-50-35/15-5-5-8

DB fly – Cable Crossover SUPERSET
70/ 12 – 50/15
75/10 – 50/15
80/7 – 50/15

Cable crossover - low
30/10
30/10

Incline fly
80/8
65/12
65/12

Pullover
80/15
(1+1/2’s) 80/10
80/17
(1+1/2’s) 80/9

ABS:
Superset: 1+1/2’s Decline crunch – Flat bench reverse crunch: 3 x 20 + 3 x 10

CARDIO: Gauntlet, 30min, level 13

NOTES: Gym didn’t open until 11 today, so that had me a little off. My body doesn’t know training in the middle of the day, so it was tough to get into a flow. Strength was not great, but I had a decent pump.

DIET:
NOTE:

Meals:
Macros: 280 protein / 225 carb. / 75 fat
Supplements:

Notes: Woke up late and went to bed early, so I stuck with my normal meals and let the carbs drop.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: Another screwy day with the holidays: different sleep schedule, workout time, and meals. Tomorrow will be back on track.

Dros120

Awards
MEASUREMENTS: JANUARY 1, 2007
CHEST: 45-1/2"
WAIST: 32-0"
Bicep: 16-1/4"
Quad: 24-3/4"

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Time: 6:30pm
Muscle groups: Hams/Bi’s/Cardio

Hamstrings
Lying curl (with 5-6 x-reps at the end of each set-these are not reflected in the numbers below)
110/15
130/12
150/8
150-100/10-8
(feet wide)
110/10
110/10

Lying incline db curl (1+1/2’s) SUPERSET w/ Feet high & wide leg press
40/15
45/10 – 270/25
45/9 – 360/25
45/9 – 360/25

DB Stiff leg deadlift (1+1/2’s)
80/10
80/9
80/7

BB Stiff Leg Deadlift
225/10
275/6
315/6

Seated leg curl – 1 leg
50/15
50/15
50/15
50/15

Biceps
Seated 2 arm DB curl
30/12
35/10
35/10
35-30-25-20-15-10/10-3-4-5-6-7

Ez Bar Curl (rest-pause)
80/12…5
80/15…5
80/15 drop 50/10

1 arm Spider curl (1+1/2’s)
20/10
20/10

Machine Preacher Curl
70/25
70/20
70/18

CARDIO: Gauntlet, 30min, level 12

NOTES: This was supposed to be a rest day, but I am playing catch up since I was closed out of the gym yesterday. At least I was back to my normal workout time. Energy was good; strength was a steady increase from last week. Pump was decent.

DIET:
NOTE:

Meals:
Macros: 325 protein / 280 carb. / 85 fat
Supplements:
- Pre-workout: 2 venom, 1 scoop NO Shotgun (PM)

Notes: Back on track with the eating schedule. Ate every 2 hours; 4 shakes and 3 whole food meals.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: The holidays are just not made for a gym addict. Today should be the last time for awhile holiday hours change my split. I still had a good training session and ate well. No distinct effects from the EVOLUTION STACK, but I am not expecting anything for a couple more days.

panic66

Awards
damn bro your ripped keep up the great work and nice stack

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Time: 5:00am
NOTE: This is a fast paced workout. The weights are as heavy as possible considering the short rest time. This workout hits my quads in a completely different way than the Sunday workout.

Extensions: 190/23

Extensions: 190/21 + Press Machine (1+1/2’s): 300/15

Extensions: 190/21 + Press Machine (1+1/2’s): 300/12 + Smith Squat (1+1/2’s): 195/7

Extensions: 190/21 + Press Machine (1+1/2’s): 300/11 + Smith Squat (1+1/2’s): 195/8

Press Machine (1+1/2’s): 300/15 + Smith Squat (1+1/2’s): 195/9

Smith Squat (1+1/2’s): 245/8

1-leg Smith Squat/Lunge
185/12
215/12
275/12

Leg Press (1+1/2’s)
630/8
540/10
540/10

Muscle groups: Back & Traps

Reverse Grip Pulldown
145/20
160/15
175/10
175-100/8-10

Close Grip Pulldown (1+1/2’s)
160/8
160/8
160 – 100/10-10

Reverse Grip BB Row –SS- Stiff Arm Pulldown
135/10 – 60/20
185/10 – 80/10
225/10 – 80/10
275/6 – 80/10

1-arm DB Row(1+1/2’s) (drop sets)
80-50/12-10
80-50/11-8
80-50/15-10

Close Grip Smith Machine Bent Row
135/20
185/12
185/12

Wide Grip Smith Machine Bent Row
155/12
155/12

¼ Deadlifts
225/10
315/10
405/10
495/2

BB Shrug
225/20
275/15
325/8

DB Shrug (1+1/2’s)
80/15
80/12

NOTES: Back strength is increasing, definitely evident on the bent rows. Pumped up really fast – lats felt swollen.

DIET:

Meals:
Macros: 300 protein / 290 carb. / 81 fat
Supplements:

Notes: Normal diet: Ate every 2 hours; 4 shakes and 3 whole food meals.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: Two solid training sessions. Just about through the first week, so next week’s log should show some tangible results of the EVOLUTION STACK. My strength is consistently increasing.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Thursday, January 04, 2007
Muscle groups: Cardio / Abs

Abs
Rope Crunch
150/25-25-22-25

Hanging Leg Raise (holding 10lb DB in feet) SUPERSET w/Ball Crunch (1+1/2’s)
3 x 10 SS 3 x 15

Lying leg raise SUPERSET w/ Decline Crunch (1+1/2’s)
3 x 10 SS 3 x 10

Vert. bench leg raises (1+1/2’s)
3 x 10

CARDIO: 35min Gauntlet, Intervals, level 12

Muscle groups: Delts / Calves

Smith Machine Front Press
135/20
155/10
185/9
225/4
225-155/5-6

DB Side Raise SUPERSET w/ wide grip standing row SUPERSET w/ partial rep side raise
30/10 – 95/15 – 40/10
30/10 – 135/12 – 40/10
30/10 – 155/10 – 40/10
30/10 – 95/10 – 40/10

Reverse fly machine (rear delts) SUPERSET w/ DB front raise (1+1/2’s)
100/20 – 20/20
115/10 – 20/20
125/10 – 20/20

DB Side Raise (drops)
30-25-20-15/10-8-8-8
30-25-20-15/10-8-8-8
30-25-20-15/10-8-8-8

Smith Machine Behind Neck Press (1+1/2’s)
135/10
135/10
135/10

Bentover Rear Delt Db Raise
40/10
40/10
40/10

Lying 1-arm Side Raise
10/10
10/10

Calves
Leg Press Calves Press – 1 leg
180/ 100 Reps (as many sets as it takes, switching legs with no rest – 6 sets)

Seated Calves (1+1/2’s) SUPERSET w/Leg Press Calves (2 leg)
115/10 – 450/10
115/10 – 450/10
115/10 – 450/10

Seated Calves (1 leg)
45/10
45/10

Standing Calves – Smith Machine
185/20
185/20

NOTES: AM Cardio was good – moderate intensity. PM lift was not great, but not awful. Delts have always been a weak point and I am working on gaining some strength in the press. All the supersets and drops were strong and there was no loss of energy, but the pump never came. Stayed pretty flat throughout, but that is more the result of a long day at work.

DIET:

Meals: 7
Macros: 315 protein / 280 carb. / 81 fat
Supplements:

DAILY ASSESSMENT: As I move through the next four weeks, Thursday’s should be a good gauge of the effectiveness of the EVOLUTION STACK. Delts are a lagging area and a weakness in both size and strength. Some tangible results is size and/or strength would say a lot for the stack. So far there is promise and I have had solid workouts all week.

Dros120

Awards
Weight Update

Here are the results of the second bi-weekly weight check:

1-5-07:
WEIGHT = 194.8
BF = 5.9%

1-1-07:
WEIGHT =194.6
BF = 6.1%

NOTE: I am taking the BF off a tanita scale. I know this is not accurate, but I am hoping it will at least serve as a gauge of + / - from the start. I never use BF% for competition prep. but I thought it might be useful for the log.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Friday, January 5, 2007
Time: 7:00pm
Muscle groups: Abs / Chest

ABS
Ball crunch
4x25

Crunch SUPERSET w/ Decline Crunch (1+1/2’s)
3 x 20 SS 3 x 10

Rope Crunch
150/3 x 20

3 x 10

CHEST
Flat DB fly
60/20
70/12
80/8
80/8

Incline Smith Press (1+1/2’s)
135/15
185/8
185/7
185/7

Flat bench smith press
185/10
205/10
225/9

Incline DB Press (2 sec pause at bottom)
80/6
80/6

Incline Fly –SUPERSET – db pullover
50/12 – 80/10
50/12 – 80/10

Fly machine
70/20
70/20

NOTES: No morning workout on Fridays. PM workout was solid. About half way through the chest training I had such a pump it hurt to stretch. This workout is all about moving fast and keeping the muscle pumped, but I still managed to stay strong to the end.

DIET:

Macros: 305 protein / 280 carb. / 80 fat
Supplements:

DAILY ASSESSMENT: Really intense pump and good strength throughout the workout. Ready for a weekend of hard training.

So far I have seen no negative sides to the EVOLUTION STACK. I am starting to feel some strength gains and I am confident this will start to show in the log through next week.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Wow your volume/training regimen are insane. Props to you.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Saturday, January 6, 2007
Time: 8:00am

Close Grip Pulldown
145/20
160/15
175/12
175/12

Reverse Grip BB Row
135/15
185/12
225/10
275/10
295/8
295/6

Rack Pulls (complete stop after each rep) – SUPERSET - DB Shrug (1+1/2’s)
315/10 – 80/12
405/10 – 80/12
495/4 – 80/12
495/4 – 80/12

BB Shrug
225/20
275/15
315/10

Pull-ups
4 sets / 8-9 reps

Seated Row (close grip, pulling high) – SUPERSET - Reverse Grip Pulldown
145/10 – 115/10
145/10 – 130/8
145/10 – 130/8

Behind Neck Pulldown
130/15
145/10

1-arm DB Row(1+1/2’s) (drop sets)
80-60/12-8
80-60/11-6
80-60/10-8

Wide Grip Smith Machine Bent Row (4 sec. negative)
135/8
185/5
185/5

Time: 4:30pm
Muscle groups: Bi’s & Tri’s

Decline tri-extension (ez bar) (1+1/2’s)
85/12
105/8
105/6
105-85/7-10

Straight bar curl
65/20
75/15
95/10
105/8
105-65-45 / 8-6-10

Close grip bench (Smith) (1+1/2’s) – SUPERSET – Close grip Ez Bar Curl (leaning against wall, 1+1/2 reps)
155/15 – 70/7
185/10 – 70/6
[switch SS order]
70/9 – 205/4
70/9 – 185/10

Db overhead extension – SUPERSET - 2 arm incline db curl
80/22 – 20/15
80/23 – 25/12
80/22 – 25/10
80/22 – 25-20-15/10-3-3

1 arm Db overhead extension (incline bench) – SUPERSET – 1 arm concentration curl
25/10 – 25/10
25/10 – 25/10
25/10 – 25/10

Straight Bar Pushdown – SUPERSET – Reverse grip pushdown
140/15 – 70/10
150/12 – 80/8
160/12 – 80/8
NOTES: Back strength is increasing, definitely evident on the bent rows. Pumped up really fast – lats felt swollen.

DIET:

Macros: 300 protein / 260 carb. / 75 fat
Supplements:
- Pre-workout: 2 venom, 1 scoop NO Shotgun (AM and PM)

Notes: Weekend Diet: drop one meal (6 total) and drop carbs a little. Sat. and Sun. are shorter days than M-F, and I spend most of the weekend training or resting. A good chance to switch some carbs for protein and not feel the energy loss.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: Typically I do arms on Saturday morning and a light/fast back session at night, but this week my training partner could not make it for arms until later in the day so I switched it up. The fast back training got tossed out quickly – I felt great and strength was through the roof. Reverse grip BB row was a PR since I started on focusing on form a few months ago. I found the rack pulls to really surprise me: no bouncing, just clean pulls from a complete stop. I had never done more than 3 with 495 and that was doing fast reps using the bounce off the rack.
Arm training was solid. My bi’s were still gassed from the morning, but I had the right energy to blast through it. Weights were a bit lower than if I hit them first, but I still worked them just as hard.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Excellent PR BPD !!!! Your looking good on the training ! Keep blasting the IRON !!!!! there is more PR's to be had !

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Sunday, January 7, 2007
Time: 11:00am

Warm-up: Single Leg Extensions (no rest between legs)
55/25
55/20
55/15
70/15
70/15
70/15

Smith squat (to parallel) – SUPERSET – Leg Press (let sled back to full compression and press ½ rep)
405/12 – 410/25
455/10 – 450/26
505/8 [PR] – 540/27
515/6 – 630/30

Leg Press (full reps)
720/22
900/15
950/12
450/42

Adduction machine
115/12
115/12
115/12

135/15
185/10

280/18
295/14
310/8

Extensions
175/15
190/13
205/12

Time: 5:00pm
Muscle groups: Hamstrings

Seated leg curl – 1 leg
55/20
55/20
55/20
55/20
55/20

Lying curl (with 5-6 x-reps at the end of each set-these are not reflected in the numbers below)
120/15
130/12
140/12
150/10
(feet wide)
80/15
80/18

Lying incline db curl –SUPERSET – Flat bench lying Db curl
40/15 – 60/15
50/12 – 75/9
60/10– 75/9
60/10 – 75/10

BB Stiff Leg Deadlift - SUPERSET w/ Feet high & wide leg press
135/15 – 360/25
225/10 – 450/20
315/6 – 450/25
315/6

Smith Machine 1-leg squat – SUPERSET – 1 leg press
185/15 – 145/20
225/12 – 145/20
225/15 – 145/15

80/10
80/10

NOTES: Today was the strongest I have felt since I got off the stage last fall. I had energy and power through low reps, drop sets, supersets – all of it. 505 on the smith squat to just below parallel for 8 reps was a PR and it was my third set doing supersets with deep partial leg presses. The PM hamstring workout was also strong. 315 on the stiff leg for 6 reps with strict form.

DIET:
NOTE:

Meals: 5
Macros: 275 protein / 250 carb. / 92fat
Supplements:

Notes: I slept in a little today and trained at 11 instead of the Sunday usual of 8:00. I also knew I would get to bed earlier, so without forcing huge meals, I dropped one and pushed the fat up in the 5 meals. I have found it very beneficial to do some macro. Manipulation on the weekends, especially since M-F are strict and consistent.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: The numbers tell the story today. Great quad workout and no drop off for the PM Hamstring workout. Could this be the start of the EVOLUTION…

Dros120

Awards
Pic Update #2

PIC UPDATE #2: 1-8-07

(I know these are in a different light - I will make sure to take them the same next time)

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Monday, January 8, 2007
Muscle groups: CARDIO / Delts

Seated Db side raise
15/25
15/25
15/25
15/25

Seated Db Press
80/12
80/13
80/10
80/11

Seated Db Front raise (2 arms holding 1 Db) (1+1/2’s) – SUPERSET – Standing side raise leaning forward against incline bench
20/10 – 15/8
20/11 – 15/7
20/12 – 15/8

CARDIO: Gauntlet, 30 min intervals, level 14

NOTES: Monday is an easy one after the leg thrashing on Sunday. The shoulder workout was short and fast – I really just tried to get some blood pumping into the muscle and hit it from some new angles. The cardio was tough, but it really helped to workout some of the soreness from leg training.

DIET:

Macros: 330 protein / 270 carb. / 85fat
Supplements:

Notes: With no morning lift and low impact at night, I intentionally switched 30g of carbs for protein.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: Not much to speak of here. Gearing up for what I hope and expect to be a week of new strength on all muscles.

Dros120

Awards
WEEK 2, first weigh-in:

1-9-07:
WEIGHT = 196.6

This is 1.8 lb gain from last friday. Let's see if it sticks through the week when I check again Friday and post BF%.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Muscle groups: Calves / Abs

Abs
Rope Crunch SUPERSET w/Ball Crunch
150/25 – 15
160/20 – 15
170/15 – 15
190…(10lb drops)…100/100 reps total

Hanging Leg Raise + x-reps
3 x 10 +5-6

3 x 10

Calves
Standing Calves – Smith Machine – 1 leg
185/12
185/12
185/12

Standing Calves, Smith Machine ,1 leg – SUPERSET - Seated Calves (1+1/2’s)
225/15 - 115/15
225/15 – 115/12
225/15 – 115/12

Leg Press Calves Press - 1-leg
180/ 100 Reps (as many sets as it takes, switching legs with no rest – 6 sets)

Muscle groups: Chest / Tri’s

Bench Press
225/10
225/10
225/10
225/8
225/9

Incline Press – smith
135/20
(1+1/2’s)185/10
235/6
235/5
(1+1/2’s) 185/8

DB Fly (flat)
60/15
70/11
80/8
80/8

Cable Crossover
50/15
50/15
50/15

Cable crossover - low
30/10
30/10

Pullover
80/20
(1+1/2’s) 80/10
80/18
(1+1/2’s) 80/10

Dips
Bodyweight/25-20-20-18

Tris
Rope Pushdown(short rest, hard squeeze)
70/30
70/22
70/25
70/20

Reverse grip pushdown (1+1/2’s)
80/10
90/10
100/8

Lying extension, straight bar, 1+1/2’s
55/12
55/12
55/12

Dip Machine
170/20
170/20

1-arm overhead Db extension
30/8…30/6
25/10…25/8

NOTES: The AM workout was quick, but I had some good intensity. I put some effort into hitting abs like any other muscle and really focused on squeezing.
The evening workout was nothing special. My mindset was good and really went after it, but I just could not get any strength in the lifts. I did start the workout on the bench for the first time in probably 6 months. I kept it on the lighter side, just trying to stay in the 10 rep range, but it was a struggle. I did get some redemption in the tri workout. The pump came fast and stuck through to the end.

DIET:

Macros: 330 protein / 270 carb. / 85 fat
Supplements:

DAILY ASSESSMENT: I was hoping for more positive results on the chest workout, but it was not my night. Nothing negative I can really attribute it to, I just did not have the power/strength that I have felt the past couple weeks.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Muscle groups: Quads / Hams (shorter workout)

Extensions
175/15
190/15
190/15
190/15
205/13

Lying curl (increasing set)
100-110-120/10-8-6
110-120-130/10-8-6
110-120-130/10-8-6
100-110-120/10-8-6

280/15
295/15
310/10

Smith squat (below parallel), 1-2 hold at bottom
225/12
275/12
315/12

BB Lunge (alt legs: down, up, down – switch legs = 1 rep)
95/12
95/12
95/12

Muscle groups: Back / Traps

Pull-ups
5 sets / 10 reps

Reverse Grip BB Row
135/15
185/12
225/15
275/10
315/5

Rack Pulls (complete stop after each rep) – SUPERSET - DB Shrug (1+1/2’s)
315/10
405/10 – 80/15
495/5 – 80/15
545/1 – 80/15

BB Shrug
225/20
275/12
315/10

Parallel Grip Pulldown
145/20
160/15
175/12

Seated Row (close grip, pulling high) – SUPERSET - Reverse Grip Pulldown
145/10 – 115/10
145/10 – 130/8
145/10 – 130/8

Close Grip Pulldown
145/20
160/15
175/12
175/12

1-arm DB Row (1+1/2’s)
80/10
80/11
80/12

Close Grip BB Bent Row (high rep)
135/25
135/20
135/20
135/20

NOTES:
The morning leg workout was my short duration workout, aiming at a pump and different angles. Felt good all the way through it and it met my goal.

The last back session was so productive I went with a lot of the same moves. I pumped up fast doing chins and continued to make some steady gains on the rows. The rack pulls were a new PR. I got one more rep with 495, each rep from a dead stop. The rest of the workout was strong, but I hit a wall at the end.

DIET:

Macros: 325 protein / 270 carb. / 86 fat
Supplements:

Notes: Normal diet: Ate every 2 hours; 4 shakes and 3 whole food meals. (Yes, it really is the same everyday).

DAILY ASSESSMENT: I hit the gym at night ready to make up for the poor chest workout the night before and I think I did just that. This workout got me back to consistent progress.

I have noticed that for the past week I have had a very difficult time getting settled at night and going to sleep. It was the worst on this night and my body just could not relax. I have to disregard the stims – I have been using so many for years and training at night that I know it isn’t that. I will keep my eye on this and see what happens for the rest of the week.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Thursday, January 11, 2007
Muscle groups: Delts/Cardio

Delts
Seated Db Press
80/15
80/13
80/1

DB Side Raise SUPERSET w/ partial rep side raise
25/15 – 40/8
25/15 – 40/10
25/13 - 40/10
25/14 – 40/8

Bent over reverse db fly – SUPERSET - Reverse fly machine (rear delts)
40/12 – 85/20
40/15 – 100/15
40/15 – 100/13
40/15 + 5 x reps

Wide grip standing row (smith)
95/25
115/20
135/12

135/10
135/10
135/10

1-arm Cable Side Raise
20/12
20/12
20/12

CARDIO: 30min, gauntlet, level 13-14, intervals

NOTES:
As I mentioned yesterday, I was so wired and restless I really struggled to settle down for bed. Once I finally relaxed, I slept fine, but I was terrible restless. I decided to take this morning off instead of the usual Friday morning. After the third consecutive restless night I was not up to par in the morning.

As the day progressed I pulled it together and I was ready to go for delts. The Db presses felt good; I kept them controlled and really focused on bringing my shoulders to failure. I also got a great burn and pump doing the full side raises into the partials. I think the partial side raises are really hitting them deep; hopefully there will be some growth to prove this.

DIET:

Macros: 325 protein / 275 carb. / 86 fat
Supplements:

Notes: Normal diet: Ate every 2 hours; 4 shakes and 3 whole food meals. (Yes, it really is the same everyday).

DAILY ASSESSMENT: My energy level was good and I felt strong for the shoulder workout, but my concern is more with how I felt in the morning. The night before I was so restless, but at the same time so tired. I really felt it in the morning, so lets see if it keeps up.

Dros120

Awards
Weight Update

1-12-07
WEIGHT = 196.6
BF = 5.7%

1-5-07:
WEIGHT = 194.8
BF = 5.9%

1-1-07:
WEIGHT =194.6
BF = 6.1%

NOTE: I am taking the BF off a tanita scale. I know this is not accurate, but I am hoping it will at least serve as a gauge of + / - from the start. I never use BF% for competition prep. but I thought it might be useful for the log.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Friday, January 12, 2007
Muscle groups: Chest / Calves

DB Fly (flat)
60/20
70/15
80/9
80/8

Incline Db Press (slow, very controlled)
80/15
80/13
80/12

Flat Bench Smith Press (1+1/2’s)
135/15
155/10
185/6

Fly Machine
85/20
85/20
85/20

Calves
140/100 Reps (as many sets as it takes, switching legs with no rest – 5 sets)

Standing Calves – Smith Machine – SUPERSET – Leg press calves (2 leg)
225/15 – 410/15
225/12 – 410/15
225/12 – 410/20

Seated Calves (1+1/2’s)
115/15
115/15
115/15
NOTES:
The morning chest workout went very well. This workout is all about squeeze and blood flow and I really met that objective. I pumped up and worked my chest hard without putting the extra strain on the rest of my body with heavy weights. I was not as strong on the calves as the previous workout, but they pumped up and got extremely vascular.

DIET:

Macros: 340 protein / 265 carb. / 90 fat
Supplements:

Notes: For the last meal I went with some beef. With no PM training I went for the higher protein and fat and left out some carbs.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: This was a low impact day, but I got some good work in. The morning weigh in was definitely positive with the 2lb gain.

On the downside, the night before (Thursday) I was once again very wound up and had a terrible time getting relaxed and going to bed. Tonight I took my final dose of JW, BAM, and Restore earlier, but without training tonight I will be laying around for awhile relaxing. It might not be a good test to see if taking the Stack earlier makes a difference.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Saturday, January 13, 2007
Time: 8:00am
Muscle groups: Bi’s / Cardio

Seated 2-arm Db curl
25/15
30/12
35/8
35/8

Straight bar curl
65/25
85/15
105/8
105-65-45 / 8-10-10

2 arm incline db curl – SUPERSET – Machine preacher curl
25/12 – 40/20
25/12 – 40/18
25/12 – 40/17

1 arm spider curl
20/12
20/12
20/12

Cable curl (1+1/2’s)
100/10
100/10

CARDIO: gaunltet, 30min, level 14-15

Time: 3:30pm

BB Shrug
225/20
315/12
315/12
365/10

BB Behind back shrug
185/15
185/15

Reverse Grip BB Row
225/10
225/10
225/10

DB Shrug (1+1/2’s)
80/20
80/15
80/15

Pull-ups (full reps to failure, then top half partials, then drop to bottom half partials)
5 sets/9-12 fulls, 4-5 top partials, 5-6 bottom

1-arm DB Row(increasing sets)
60-70-80/10-8-7
60-70-80/11-8-8
60-70-80-70-60/10-10-10-5-5

Seated Row (close grip, pulling high)
160/15
(1+1/2’s) 160/10
160/14
(1+1/2’s) 160/8

Standing straight arm pulldown – SUPERSET – Reverse grip pulldown
80/15 – 130/9
90/15 – 130/8
100/12 – 130/10

Close Grip Pulldown
145/20
160/15
175/12
175/12

Behind Neck Pulldown (1+1/2’s)
130/10
130/10

DIET:

Macros: 300 protein / 220 carb. / 100 fat
Supplements:

Notes: I did some experimenting today to see how I would feel and look with lower carbs and increased fat. Tomorrow when I train legs it should show how this type of diet affects my energy levels.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: This just was not my day for training. I had some pain in my forearm (tendonitis for a couple years, it flares up here and there), so by the time I got through bi’s it was too tight and numb to do tri’s. My strength was not there on the bicep workout and I was probably squeezing the bar too hard trying to force myself into a rhythm. I finished the workout with 30min on the gauntlet, which always feels good (to finish).
After some food, rest, and ice my arm was ready for back. This is my alternate workout, so I decided to hit traps heavy to start – this felt good and it was definitely a change from typically hitting them at the end of a back workout. Once I worked into the back training I was back to feeling “off” like I did in the morning. Some exercises felt good (chins, db rows), but most of the workout felt weak and I really just could not get into the flow of the workout. Not really anything I can attribute it to, just one of those days that seem to happen.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Sunday, January 14, 2007

Warm-up: Extensions (4 sets)

Smith squat (to parallel) – SUPERSET – Leg Press (let sled back to full compression and press ½ rep)
405/12 – 540/15
500/8 – 540/20
545/6 [PR] – 590/20
545/5 – 590/20
325/10

Leg Press (full reps, increasing)
540-630-720/10-8-7
630-720-810/10-8-8
720-810-900/10-8-8
450/43

295/15
310/9
310/12 – 205/4

135/15
145/15

Extensions
175/15
190/15
205/13
220/11

120/15
130/15
140/12
150/10

Seated leg curl – 1 leg – SUPERSET – 1 leg lying curl
40/12 - 55/15
40/12 – 55/15
40/12

Seated leg curl (1+1/2’s)
70/15
85/10
100/10

Flat bench lying Db curl (1+1/2’s) –SUPERSET – Lying incline db curl
80/9 – 40/10
80/8 – 40/8
80/10 – 40/6
80/6 – 40/6

Walking Db Lunge – SUPERSET – Adduction Machine
70/15 (lunges, each leg) – 100/15
80/15 – 100/15
80/15 – 100/15

BB Stiff Leg Deadlift
135/15
225/10
315/5
315/5

80/10
80/10

NOTES: Another PR on the smith squat and everything else felt really strong. Energy and strength lasted all the way through to the last sets of extensions. The ham workout was a struggle, but strength was right where it should be.

DIET:

Macros: 275 protein / 300 carb. / 90fat
Supplements:

Notes: I increased the carbs after dropping them down a little yesterday. The low day did not hurt my energy for legs and I think the variety of extra fat yesterday was beneficial.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: Another PR and another solid leg workout. Legs were strong, pumped, and vascular. The AM session was all out – strength was not just in numbers, but how I could handle the weight in supersets and drops, etc. and keep pushing hard.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Monday, January 15, 2007
Muscle groups: Tri’s / Calves

Rope pushdown
100/20
110/18
120/15
120/15

1-arm reverse grip pushdown
30/10
40/10
50/8

Straight Bar Pushdown – SUPERSET – Reverse grip pushdown
160/20 – 70/12
170/15 – 80/9
180/12 – 80/10
190/9 – 100/10

Decline tri-extension (ez bar) (1+1/2’s)
55/15
75/10
95/6
96/6

1 arm Db overhead extension (incline bench)
25/9 – 25/8
20/10 – 20/8

Calves
180/100 Reps (as many sets as it takes, switching legs with no rest – 7 sets)

Leg press calves (2 leg) – SUPERSET – Seated Calves (1+1/2’s)
115/15 – 450/20
115/12 – 450/15
Switch superset order
450/20 – 115/10
450/20 – 115/10

Seated Calves – 1 leg
45/15
70/10
70/10

Muscle Groups: Abs / Cardio

Abs
Vert. bench leg raise: 5 x 13-15
Rope crunch – Superset – reverse crunch
150/25 – 15
160/20 – 12
160/20 – 15
160/18 – 15
Side Crunch: 2 x 25
Side leg raise: 50 reps over 4 sets
Ball crunch: 100 reps over 3 sets

CARDIO: 30min, gauntlet, level 14-15

DIET:

Macros: 320 protein / 270 carb. / 85 fat
Supplements:

Notes: Back on the normal weekly diet plan with one small change – I left work early for a dr. appt. then went straight to do cardio, so Meal 5 got pushed back. I made Meals 5 and 6 a little bigger and dropped meal 7.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: As always, I have low expectations for Mondays. The goal is to do some cardio, abs, and calves and get recovered from Sunday’s leg workout, and get ready for some solid lifts the next three days. I also worked in tri’s since I missed them Saturday. I had a good pump and felt strong, but nothing exceptional.

Dros120

Awards
Weight Update: Day 18

1-16-07: DAY 18
WEIGHT =196.2
BF = 5.4%

1-12-07: DAY 14
WEIGHT = 196.6
BF = 5.7%

1-5-07: DAY 7
WEIGHT = 194.8
BF = 5.9%

1-1-07: DAY 3
WEIGHT =194.6
BF = 6.1%

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Muscle groups: Biceps / Side Delts

Bi’s
Seated 2-arm Db curl
25/15
30/12
35/10
35-25-15/10-5-5

Straight bar curl (increasing sets)
45-65-85/10-8-6
45-65-85/10-8-6
45-65-85/10-8-5

1 arm incline db curl
20/12
20/12
20/12

1-arm concentration curl (5 top half partials and 5 bottom half partials at the end of each set)
25/10
25/10
25/10

Side Delts
Db Side Raise
20/25
20/25
20/20
20/18
20/18

Seated incline db side raise – SUPERSET – partial side raise
15/10 – 40/8
15/12 – 40/9
15/10 – 40/10

Seated incline 1-arm side raise (1+1/2’s)
10/10
10/10
10/10

Muscle groups: Chest / Cardio

DB Fly (incline)
60/20
70/15
80/11
80/14
80/10

Db Bench Press
80/14
80/15
80/15
80/10

Incline Press – smith (1+1/2’s)
135/10
155/10
155/10

Fly Machine
100/15
100/15
100/15

Pullover
80/18
(1+1/2’s) 80/10
80/17
(1+1/2’s) 80/8

Seated Machine Press
205/6
(rest pause) 205/5-3-1

CARDIO: 30min gauntlet, level 14 intervals

NOTES: The AM workout went well. Moved fast and got a nice pump. For variety I threw in the side delt work. It is definitely a weakness of mine and I was able to really focus on them without feeling like I need to thrash all aspects of my shoulders.
The PM chest session was much less positive. For the second week in a row, I failed to get a connection with the muscle. I hit failure very quickly on each set and never got much of a pump.

DIET:

Macros: 300 protein / 290 carb. / 80 fat
Supplements:

DAILY ASSESSMENT: After some manipulation of the carbs/protein, I am shifting back to 300g of carbs. I may push that a little higher next week.
Once again, the chest workout felt very weak. It seems that over the past week or so, workouts have been hit or miss. I have noticed that since last Friday I have been exceptionally achy and sore. It seems like the little strains and pains of hard training are affecting me to a much greater extent then I am used to. This is definitely something to keep an eye on through the next few days.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wide Grip Pulldown
130/20
160/15
190/12
205-115/10-8

Reverse Grip BB Row
135/15
185/12
225/15
275/10
275/12 [PR]
275/12

Rack Pulls (complete stop after each rep)
315/10
405/10
495/5
545/1

BB Shrug
225/20
275/12
315/10
405/8

Close Grip Pulldown
145/20
160/15
175/12
175/12

1-arm DB Row (increasing sets)
60-70-80/12-10-8
60-70-80/12-10-10

Pull-ups
4 sets / 8-10 reps, partials at the end of each set (4-5 top half, 4-5 bottom half)

Close Grip BB Bent Row (high rep) – SUPERSET - DB Shrug (1+1/2’s)
135/20 – 80/12
135/20 – 80/12
135/20 – 80/11
135/20

115/10
115/10

NOTES:
No workout this morning. I had been doing my second leg workout on Wednesday mornings, but after 2 or 3 weeks I like to skip this workout and only train legs once this week. This would be the fourth week in a row of 2 leg workouts, so I was due.

DIET:

Macros: 300 protein / 290 carb. / 77 fat
Supplements:

DAILY ASSESSMENT: I am so used to the double split, when I take a morning to rest I get really wound up for the PM workout. I was ready to go hard for the back workout and it’s a good thing my head was so into it because my strength was still feeling down. I was once again tremendously achy and tight. I was able to get a pretty good pump and it was definitely a positive workout, but a struggle with too much of the not good pains.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Any chance of an update pic? great log buddy.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Thursday. January 18, 2007
Muscle groups: Bi’s & Tri’s / Calves

Bi’s
Seated 2-arm Db curl
20/25
25/15
30/12
35/10
35-25-15/10-5-5

EZ bar curl
55/20
75/15
85/15
95/10 + x-reps

2 arm incline db curl – SUPERSET – Cable curl (1+1/2’s)
25/10 – 80/8
25/10 – 80/8
25/10 – 80/7
20/12 – 60/10

1-arm concentration curl (5 top half partials and 5 bottom half partials at the end of each set)
25/10
25/10
25/10

Machine Preacher Curl
45/30
45/30
45/25

Tri’s
Rope pushdown
60/30
60/30
60/30
60/20

Flat bench tri-extension (ez bar)
85/20
105/15
125/9
125/8

Db overhead extension (1+1/2’s) – short rest
80/15
80/10
80/8

1 arm Db overhead extension (incline bench)
15/15
15/15
15/15

1-arm Reverse grip pushdown
40/10
40/10

Calves

Seated Calves (1+1/2’s) – SUPERSET – Leg press calves (2 leg)
115/15 – 360/30
140/12 – 360/30
165/8 – 360/30
115/15

Standing Smith Machine Calves
225/20
225/20
225/20

NOTES: Arm training was decent. No exceptional strength, but a really good, lasting pump.

DIET:

Macros: 305 protein / 290 carb. / 80 fat
Supplements:

Notes: A morning meeting threw off my meal schedule, but I made some adjustments to hit the right numbers by the end of the day.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: Second morning in a row I could not get going. A lot of soreness in my shoulders, forearms, and lower back. For someone who has been doing morning workouts and double sessions for years, this is very concerning. For the second morning in a row I was stuck in bed laying awake wondering WTF was wrong with me.

My evening training session went well, but I could definitely feel the aches and pains.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Friday, January 19, 2007
Muscle groups: Abs / Cardio

Abs
Rope Crunch – Superset – Ball crunch
160/30 – 15
160/30 – 15
160/30 – 15
160/20 – 15

Ball Crunch (1+1/2’s)
2 x 20

Decline Crunch (1+1/2’s)
2 x 15

Vert. Bench Leg Raise (1+1/2’s)
10X10

CARDIO: 20min, gauntlet, level 12, intervals

Muscle groups: Delts

Seated Db Press
80/15
(1+1/2’s) 50/12
80/12
(1+1/2’s) 50/10
80/10

Bent over reverse db fly – SUPERSET – Db Front Raise (2 arm holding 1 db)
40/15 – 20/8
45/12 – 20/7
50/10 – 20/7
40/12

115/15
135/10
135/10

Wide grip standing row (Bb) - Superset – Standing Overhead Bb Press
95/15 – 65/25
115/10 – 65/25
115/10 – 65/25

DB Side Raise SUPERSET w/ partial rep side raise
20/25 – 40/10
20/25 – 40/10
20/20 – 40/10
20/20 – 40/10

Reverse fly machine (1+1/2’s)
100/15
100/15

Lying 1-arm Db Side Raise
10/10
10/10

NOTES:
No strength gains in shoulders. Right on track with last week, which was disappointing.

DIET:

Macros: 300 protein / 275 carb. / 75 fat
Supplements:

DAILY ASSESSMENT: I felt a little better in the morning, which gave me a mental boost. I got a nice squeeze in the ab workout and brought them to a quick failure.

The evening lift was disappointing. I didn’t feel weak or tired, but I did not have that extra little energy that comes with pushing higher weights than the previous week. The workout was also quite painful, as the shoulder and forearm pain from the previous few nights did not subside.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Saturday, January 20, 2007

Warm-up: Extensions (4 sets)

Leg Press (full reps, increasing)
540-630-720/12-10-8
720-810-900/10-8-6
810-900-990/10-8-6
(straight sets)
1100/11
1140/9
1140/11
450/45

Smith squat (to parallel)
315/10
405/10
500/6
500/9 [PR]
315/10

Smith Machine 1 leg squat
225/12
225/12
225/15

295/15
310/9
325/8 – 205/5

Extensions
175/20
190/15
220/13
(1+1/2’s)130/10
(1+1/2’s)130/10

Squat – bottom half only
95/15
95/15
115/10

Adduction Machine
100/15
100/15
100/15

Seated leg curl – 1 leg
55/ 100 reps (6 sets, continuously switching legs, each set to failure)

Lying curl
80/25
120/15
80/25
130/12
80/25
150/10
80/25

Flat bench lying Db curl (1+1/2’s) –SUPERSET – Lying incline db curl
80/15
80/16
80/18
80/12

BB Stiff Leg Deadlift
135/15
225/10
315/6 [PR]
315/6

80/10
80/10

NOTES: I switched it up from last week and really went hard on the presses. The increasing sets were a plate higher than usual. The squats were tough after all that work on the press, but I still managed to get a new high in reps with 500 lbs. As the second exercise, I did not have the stability to handle higher weights.

DIET:

Macros: 240 protein / 275 carb. / 90fat
Supplements:

Notes: I dropped 2 meals out (sleeping in), but I made sure to go heavy on carbs and fat throughout the day to get me through leg training.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: What else to do on your birthday but train legs. Yes, normally I do them on Sunday, but I had to bump it up and get a solid workout in after a less than impressive week. I hope this gives my upper body some rest and lets things heal up a bit.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Sunday, January 21, 2007
Time: 3:30pm

145/25
175/15
205/8
195/12

Reverse Grip Pulldown
160/15
190/12
205/10

1-arm DB Row (increasing sets)
60-70-80/12-11-10
60-70-80/13-12-11
60-70-80/15-12-12

Reverse Grip BB Row
135/15
235/15
275/10
275/10 (rest pause) 275/4

Close Grip BB Bent Row (high rep) – SUPERSET – Straight arm Pulldown (1+1/2’s)
135/25 – 80/10
135/20 – 80/10
135/20 – 80/10
135/25

Close Grip Pulldown (1+1/2’s)
160/9
160/10
160/10

Close Grip Seated Row (1+1/2’s)
130/10
130/15
130/14

Db Shrug
80/30
80/30
80/30
80/30

Pull-ups
3 sets / 5 reps, partials at the end of each set (4-5 top half, 4-5 bottom half)

CARDIO: Gauntlet, 30min, level 13-16, intervals

NOTES:
With all the soreness and aches lately, I had to mix things up this weekend. I strayed from my routine of always starting the day at the gym and I just trained once in the afternoon. This went very well. I had a great pump and stayed strong through the whole session. This is more of a pump based workout, so there were no PR’s to chase, but I had good strength in the mid-high rep range and it was consistent through the whole session.

DIET:

Macros: 250 protein / 260 carb. / 75 fat
Supplements:

Notes: The diet was thrown off with the workout schedule. I do not feel like I need the same calories I do on a typical weekday when I am going at it from 4:30am to 11:00pm. I ate my normal meals today, but left one out.

DAILY ASSESSMENT: I cannot keep doing the same things and expect to get out of this rut, so I am starting with some subtle changes like getting a little more sleep and some food in me before hitting the gym. It’s a luxury I only have on Sunday, so I took it. With hitting legs yesterday, I had a day to really play around with things and my back was ready to go. I still had a lot of pain in my forearm and shoulder, but I worked through it and I generally felt well enough that it did not distract me.

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Monday, January 22, 2007
Muscle groups: Chest / Calves

Db Bench Press
80/15
100/12
110/9
110/8
100/10

DB Fly
75/12
75/12
75/12

Pullover
90/10
90/12
90/12
90/10

Incline Hammer Press (1+1/2’s)
150/10
150/10
150/10

Dips (1+1/2’s)
4 x 12-15

Pec Deck
50/25
50/25

Calves

Seated Calves
115/15
140/10
140/10

Standing Smith Machine Calves – SUPERSET – Leg press calves – 2 leg
135/20 – 360/30
135/20 – 360/30
135/20 – 360/30

NOTES: I trained at a different gym tonight to get some variety and it helped. The heavy dumbbell presses felt good and strong at first, but the 110’s put too much stress on my forearm injury (tendonitis I think) and it impacted the rest of the workout. I got a decent pump and fatigued my chest, but I could not push my chest to the full extent b/c my forearm would lock up.
Calves at night is not my normal schedule, but it was a good shock. They seemed to be weaker than normal, but the burn was very intense and they pumped up to the extent that I was barley walking for about 10min (took some tough stretching).

DIET:

Macros: 305 protein / 275 carb. / 80 fat
Supplements:

DAILY ASSESSMENT: The workout had promise and it was not all bad, but its time to get serious with the forearm recovery – lots of ice and tiger balm to come….

Dros120

Awards
DATE: Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Muscle groups: Abs / Cardio

Abs
Rope Crunch
160/25
160/25
160/25
160/25 + 5 partials

Decline Crunch (1+1/2’s)
3 x 15

Ball Crunch (1+1/2’s)
3 x 25

Reverse crunch
3 x 25

Vert. Bench Leg Raise (1+1/2’s)
4 x 10

CARDIO: 30min, gauntlet, level 13-15, intervals

Muscle groups: Delts

Seated Db Press (drop set, heavy at 70 degree seat, drop and put seat to 90 degrees)
80/13 – 50/5
80/15 – 50/5
80/14 – 50/5

Db Side Raise
20/30-30-30-25

Smith Machine Behind Neck Press (1+1/2’s) – Db Side Raise partials
95/15 – 40/12
115/12 – 40/15
135/6 – 40/15

Standing Cable Reverse Crossover
30/30
40/20
40/20

Seated –Bent Over Rear Delt Db Raise
40/20
40/20
40/20

DB standing row
30/20
40/15
50/10

Tri’s
Seated Incline 1-arm Overhead Db Raise
25/15
30/12
30/12 + 5 partials

V-bar Pressdown
150/20
170/14
190/10 + 4 partials

Rope Pushdown
80/15
80/15 + 5 partials

Straight Bar Lying Extension (1+1/2’s)
60/10
60/10 + 5 partials

NOTES:
No strength gains in shoulders. Right on track with last week, which was disappointing.

DIET:

Macros: 275 protein / 250 carb. / 75 fat
Supplements:

DAILY ASSESSMENT: The morning session went well; I hit abs quick and focused. Cardio, well I did it.

My shoulders got a pretty decent pump. I was not pushing for any strength records, my forearm just could not handle anything too heavy without me having to end the set too early.

I did fall short on calories – meetings and a doctor appointment were too much to overcome and I missed a meal. Hopefully I will not feel it tomorrow.

The extra strength I was feeling two weeks ago seems to have hit a plateau. Still no signs of extra test (no increase in acne, aggression, libido, etc.).