Bludevil's DCP Log

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. 1/10 - Things moving along smoothly. Training was good today (intense, motivated and fast). I hit Back and Tri's today starting out with Deadlifts but stopped after the 1st set when my ankle started tingling while supporting the added weight. Substitued deadlifts with Lat Pulldowns.

Todays routine consisted of the following:
    Lat Pulldowns 3x5
    Weighted Dips 3x5

DB Rows 3x10
    Skullcrushers 2x10

Reverse fly's 3x12
    Pushdowns 2x12

Alternating sets with 60sec RI's.

20 minutes of low impact cardio on the bike

Nothing really new to report regarding DCP, all items are still on the postive side. I did weigh myself this morning and I weighed 194. That's a 3lb increase from last friday although I exepct most to be water weight as I played bball 2 days before weighing myself last friday. Also being laid up last sat, sun and monday due to ankle didn't help anything. Diet still looking good.

2. 1/11 - Nothing new or exciting to report today. Was an off lifting day, did 45 minutes on the bike. Nothing to strenous, as I took it easy due to ankle.

Diet still dialed in.
    •   

3. 1/12 - Weighed this morning at 192. 2lb decrease in 2 days.

Training - Shoulders/Abs

Military Press - 3x5
    Crunches - 3x50

DB Upright Rows - 3x10
    Swiss Ball Crunches - 3x25

BB Shrugs - 3x12
    Hammer machine crunches - 3x25

15 minutes of low intensity cardio.

DCP thoughts - Before switching to this new routine where I'm trying to keep rest intervals at 60 seconds, I was resting more in the lines of 90 - 120 seconds between sets previously. When I switched to the lower RI's, it was kind of hard to adapt because my CNS and muscles just weren't ready to hit it again in such a short time span. But in the last 5 to 7 workouts I'm making myself rest 60 seconds. I'm sure some of this is my body getting acclimated to the new routine but I've never bounced back this quickly between sets. Today I pretty much let it loose and did the entire w/o with only 20-30 second RI's between sets. Keep in mind their are no decrease in weights, all have been stable or increased.

The endurance I give to DCP, while the strength increase I give to the Mass Pump Stack and NHA stack.

With that said, all is well here.

4. 1/15/07 - Things still going good on my end. I'm finally starting to feel the effects of my caliorie restirictive diet. While I met all my poundages and reps today, it was very hard and aggression and motivation just wasn't there. Today was the first day I felt like I've been on a diet. I think the general overall fatigue is from lack of carbs. I low-carb'd it this weekend with basically nothing but proteins/fats/veggies. The only carb form was steel cut oatmeal for breakfast.

DCP notes - sweating is pretty much gone except while doing cardio where sweating is still more pronounced. Increased heart rate is minimal to none right now. Other negative effect I've noticed is loss of libido, while I don't know if DCP is causing this or lack of calories. I'm guessing the combo of the two is doing the trick. I was hoping the addition of the NHA stack would at least bring libido back to normal stages but it's just not their right now.

Postive sides are still increased endurance, more vascularity and waistline/chest area's are looking more defined.

Other notes - I only have 1 more days worth of DCP. I will wait until this Friday to take another BF% to negate any water retention that DCP may cause.

5. 1/16 - Sadly this is my last day of DCP. Like I stated yesterday, I will be taking weight and BF% this Friday for final results. I will give my final opinion of DCP friday when I get my results.

Today is an off day for training. I will be doing cardio tonight. I play in a competitive bball league and tonight is our first game. I just hope my ankle holds up. We'll just wait and see.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bludevil
    1/16 - Sadly this is my last day of DCP. Like I stated yesterday, I will be taking weight and BF% this Friday for final results. I will give my final opinion of DCP friday when I get my results.

Today is an off day for training. I will be doing cardio tonight. I play in a competitive bball league and tonight is our first game. I just hope my ankle holds up. We'll just wait and see.
    Good luck, bro. I hope it's good enough!

BTW, Great log.

HL

7. Quote Originally Posted by HairyLarry35
    BTW, Great log.
    HL
    Thanks HL, much appriciated. I'm relatively new to the boards as far as posting goes. I've been lurking for awhile. I've been on other bb forums but must say AM is by far the most informative and will start calling AM home.

8. 1/19 - DCP Review

Here are my beginning and final stats -

Beginning
    Weight - 196lbs
    BF - 14.3%

After 26 days of DCP use
    Weight - 192lbs
    BF - 12.4%

4lb decrease in weight
    1.9% decrease in BF

That's almost a 2% decrease in BF in 26 days. While I contribute my diet for some of the decrease, I must say, the first 5 to 7 days on the product, I was on NO diet as it was the holidays and I was partaking in all the goodies. After numerous other cuts and diet's I've undergone, I would say maybe 1/2 to 1% of decrease came from my diet while the other % was solely DCP. Needless to say I'm sold on this product and will add it as part of my staple supps during dieting phases.

Also would like to note that while in a caloric deficit, my #'s on all lifts did not decrease. They didn't increase either but stayed baseline which is huge for me while cutting. Usually my #'s drop alot while dieting. I don't know if DCP played as big a part in this as the NHA/Mass Pump stack and clean diet probably were the biggest factors in losing no strength.

Things I noticed while on DCP
    First 7 days - Huge increase in sweating, and moderate rise in heart rate. Also slight energy increase

10th - 15th days - Sweating is now moderate while rise in heart rate is mild. Still noticing slight energy, but starting to notice a nice increase in endurance.

Days 16 to end - Sweating is now mild while rise in heart rate is null. Energy is still their while endurance factor has really kicked in. Almost like getting a runner's high.

I will be taking pics this weekend to compare before and after. Pics will be posted Monday.

I again would like to thank DSADE for giving me this opportuntiy. This definately is a quality product

9. Awesome!

Glad to hear it worked well for you.

10. Thanks R3d, yeah it's one of the better cutting supp's I've tried. I think I'll incorportate it with Sesathin and Camp for my next cutting cycle to see how that goes.
    •   

11. I've been hearing great things about DCP+Sesathin.
    I'd give it a try if I wasn't a poor POS

12. What is DCP?

13. DCP =
    DCP: Damage Control Protocol

Ingredients Profile:

TTA
    Salvia Miltiorrhiza
    Propionyl-L-Carnitine
    Potassium Pyruvate
    Raspberry Ketones

VERY Basically, TTA is a PPAR agonist, which frees fatty acids to be metabolized. TTA has side two side effects - one good, one not so good.

Not so good is that a study shows TTA increases the activity of DGAT, which transfers acyl groups to glycerols, allowing fat to be redesposited. Salvia Miltiorrhiza inhibits this enzyme.

Good is the fact that TTA also increases the activity of Carnitine Palmitoyl Transferase, which carries fatty acids into the mitochondia to be burned. Propionyl-L-Carnitine (which has an affinity for the body's cells) readily exchanges itself for free carnitine. The Propionyl group is also cleaved and sent into the KREBS cycle (and is oxidized to succinate, I believe.) The increased activity also increases oxidation of pyruvate. Potassium Pyruvate is chosen to provide potassium, to help with cramping sometimes seen with TTA usage.

Raspberry Ketones are included because they are potent thermogenics...and we were able to include an effective dose without having to increase to 3 capsules.

14. Quote Originally Posted by SnapmoneyR2
    What is DCP?
    Search?
    Damage control protocol.
    Go buy it.

15. Quote Originally Posted by R3d
    Search?
    Damage control protocol.
    Go buy it.
    Best advice I've heard all day

Bludevil, awesome log, bro! If anybody asks about DCP in the future, I'll be sure to point them towards this thread. Congrats on the fat loss.

HL

16. Nice log bluedevil! sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope all is better quickly for you. DCP seems to be the real deal

here is a link to my dcp log My DCP on CKD log.

17. Quote Originally Posted by HairyLarry35
    Bludevil, awesome log, bro! If anybody asks about DCP in the future, I'll be sure to point them towards this thread. Congrats on the fat loss.
    HL
    Thanks HL, although I think your thread on "DCP and other goodies" will display better results than what I had. I'm looking foward to see how it goes for you

18. Quote Originally Posted by Leggo my Ego
    Nice log bluedevil! sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope all is better quickly for you. DCP seems to be the real deal

here is a link to my dcp log My DCP on CKD log.
    Ankle is getting better, actually played today with little pain. I went to the dr. and got a ankle brace and it seems to help alot. While I have the brace on I feel no pain, but when I take it off my ankle starts to throb. I pop and anti-infllamatory before my game and I'm good to go.

Nice job on your log, looks pretty sweet. I'll definately keep a check on it. Oh, congrats on the upcoming marriage.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hairylarry35's DCP log (and a few more goodies, too!)
    By HairyLarry35 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 02:23 PM
  2. lilkev's DCP Log
    By lilkev42 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 05:26 AM
  3. My DCP log
    By warnerve in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 05:13 AM
  4. UHCougar05's Battling the Holiday Bulge DCP Log