MY BAD ASS EVOLUTION by ALRI

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Thank you ALRI for giving me this opportunity to log their newest product Bad Ass Mass. I will be keeping a log on AM as well as bb.com and AB.com.

Here are some important information before the log officially starts:

I took Jungle warfare for the first time a few months ago and loved it. After two bottles, I went off of it for 6 weeks, then recently got back on 2 weeks ago without knowing that the testing for Bad Ass Mass was coming up. Because of that, even though I was picked to do a stand alone BAM log, I already had 2 bottles of JW on hand, so I will convert this to a Evolution stack log with JW, BAM and Restore. I received permission to do this from FnF so all is good

Today is the 16th day on JW. I was on three caps a day for the first 14 days, and I increased to 4 caps a day yesterday (day 15). This log will officially start tomorrow (DECEMBER 19, 2006).

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Basic Info

Stats:

Height: 6'0

Weight: 205 lbs

Right Arm: 16.9'
Left Arm: 16.75'

Chest: 45'

Quads: 25.10'

Calves: 16.9'

Training:

Split:

Chest
Back
Delts/traps/calves
Arms
Legs
Rest
Repeat

Method:

I decided on high volume, strict forms. Heavy, low reps for compound movements, and higher reps (10-14) for isolation movements. Complete training log will be posted every workout throughout the log.

Cardio:

I will be riding the stationary bike combined with incline walk, 15-20 minutes per session, 3 times a week. (boring)

Diet:

I'm aiming for:

400g Protein, 400g CHO, and 125g Fats

My food sources are:

Protein: Chicken breasts, protein powder, Tuna, Egg Whites, Beef, Salmon, Pork, other fish, Milk

CHO: Brown Rice, Oats, Beans, Bananas, Milk, Sweet Potatos

Fats: Almonds, Natural PB, Enova Oil, Egg Yolks

Other Supplements:

ON 100% Whey
NOW ADAM
NOW Fish Oil
NP Bulk Cissus (10g per day)

Evolution stack regime:

weeks 1-4: JW (2 weeks and 2 days already complete)
weeks 5-6: JW + BAM
week 7: JW + BAM + Restore
week 8: BAM + Restore
week 9-10: Restore

PIMPimitsu

Awards
Thanks for helpin' me out man!! I can't wait for are products!!

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
before pics will be posted once I am elligible to post URL from other sites

You need to upload them to imageshack, then use the or [url] tags. You can also upload from a post under manage attachments I believe. YOU CANNOT post links to other sites on this board as it is against the rules.

If you need help with pictures, let me know !

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
You need to upload them to imageshack, then use the or [url] tags. You can also upload from a post under manage attachments I believe. YOU CANNOT post links to other sites on this board as it is against the rules.

If you need help with pictures, let me know ![/QUOTE]

oops, got it, I thought you couldn't include URLs at all, not even inside tags :icon_lol:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the log man, I'll be watching it closely ;)

HairyLarry35

Awards
Suscribed. I've already hopped on board and purchased B.A.M. for presale. I'll be interested to see where this goes with JW and Restore (obviously both quality products).

Good luck, CP!

HL

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 17

thanks for the support guys :afro:

today was supposed to be the first day of the log, but I realized it's actually my offday, so I'm just going to talk about the Jungle warfare a little bit and the effects I've felt the first couple of weeks.

**Notice that I put the first day as Day 17, it's day 17 on JW and day 17 of the stack overall**

Here are a list of things worth noting so far on JW:

- Muscle fullness came in the middle of the 2nd week
- Starting beginning of 2nd week, I squeezed out a couple extra reps on certain exercises
- Sweating has increased middle of 2nd week
- Acne started surfacing end of 2nd week
- Weight gain of 3 pounds

I just increased JW dosing to 4 caps a day, if my 1st run of JW was any indication, I expect strength gains very soon.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Great start to you log. You've got a great physique to build on, best of luck you in :)

edit: Can you give me a quick WAIST measurement please. I'm tracking everyones stats.
thanks

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Great start to you log. You've got a great physique to build on, best of luck you in :)

edit: Can you give me a quick WAIST measurement please. I'm tracking everyones stats.
thanks

no problem, I will do that tomorrow when I wake up, it's already too late today.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 18

Notes:

First workout of the log! Chest day today and it went great. Still not feeling as strong as I want to but hopefully I'm getting there. Pumps were pretty good but not spectacular. Workout summary below.

Workout:

Incline DB Press: 55x10, 65x10, 95x9, 100x8, 105x4
Hammer Strength Decline Press: 230x9 (total weight of plates), 230x8, 230x6
H.S. Incline Press: 180x10, 230x7, 230x5
slight Inclined DB Flyes: 65x10, 65x8, 65x8
Overhand cable flyes: 2 sets, 12-14 reps
Underhand cable flyes: 2 sets, 12-14 reps

Stationary Bike, 15 minutes

Diet:

I'm going to post some of my meals to give an idea of the way I eat:

Meal 1:
1 1/2 cup of oats, 3 cups skim milk, 2 scoops whey, 2 tbsp natural PB

Meal 2:
2 small yams, 1 can Tuna in water, 30 almonds

Meal 3:
2 cups rice and beans, ~8 oz chicken breast, 25 almonds, mixed vegetables

still 3 more meals to go today, this is just an example of what I ate today

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
I got the same stack, i got my JW and Restore im just waiting on my BAM...Its on the way though i got tracking info....Subscribed.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards

thanks

Viper, i took waist measurement and also the circumference around my shoulders.

Waist: 33.75'
Shoulders: 52'

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
I got the same stack, i got my JW and Restore im just waiting on my BAM...Its on the way though i got tracking info....Subscribed.

thanks for visiting man, are you gon start the JW first or are you starting all three at the same time and running it for 30 days?

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 19

Notes:

Good workout today, the weights weren't extremely strong but I got a good pump and I managed to get my focus on track after the some problems in the beginning. I started the day with the Hammer strength low row machine, the plates were squeeching really bad and it was irritating everyone in the gym and my ears were starting to hurt. We finally got that taken care of and I went on with my workout.

Workout:

Hammer strength Iso low row (single arm): 115x12, 125x10, 125x10
Wide Lat pulldowns: 195x11, 210x8, 210x8
Hammer strength iso lateral row (single arm, slow reps w/ a squeeze): 90x10, 90x9, 90x8
Wide Netural grip pulldowns: 195x9, 195x9, 180x9
machine pullovers: 180x10, 180x8, 180x8
back extensions: 5 sets

Diet:

ate a lot of rice and beans today, other than that it's just the normal chicken, beef, protein powders, eggs...

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I used to have quite a similar 5 day split as you described, other than having arms the day after legs, and 2 days rest after that. So it was basically a Monday to Friday routine with weekends off. I did that for a few years before I stagnated. It worked well for initial gains.

Watch that volume on back.. I learned later that I was always on the brink of overtraining as I was hitting it with similar volume as you, with that split. I needed more rest to grow optimally.

Your diet looks pretty good.

Not bad at all... good luck.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
Awesome log. I will be following.

I was also chosen to do BAM but I am at day 18 of JW/Restore, so I will continue obviously.

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
thanks for visiting man, are you gon start the JW first or are you starting all three at the same time and running it for 30 days?
My stack will look like this:

weeks 1-4: JW

What do u guys think?

HairyLarry35

Awards
My stack will look like this:

weeks 1-4: JW

What do u guys think?
Looks standard to me. I think it is the same protocol being used in commonspremier21's log.

Bigbridrol

Awards
Nice log bro, i can twait to get my stack in as Ill be following similar protocal to yours. Good luck!

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
I used to have quite a similar 5 day split as you described, other than having arms the day after legs, and 2 days rest after that. So it was basically a Monday to Friday routine with weekends off. I did that for a few years before I stagnated. It worked well for initial gains.

Watch that volume on back.. I learned later that I was always on the brink of overtraining as I was hitting it with similar volume as you, with that split. I needed more rest to grow optimally.

Your diet looks pretty good.

Not bad at all... good luck.

yeah man I realize the volume is a little high, but I figured that I'm on break and I'm getting a lot of food and rest. It should be interesting to see if I respond well to this routine with good supplementing and diet.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Awesome log. I will be following.

I was also chosen to do BAM but I am at day 18 of JW/Restore, so I will continue obviously.

thanks a lot, can't wait to see what this BAM will do for all of us

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 20

Notes:

Weighed in at 208 this morning, + 3 lbs since the begining of the log.

Delts today. Volume is down a little today compared to past couple of days due to two reasons. One, I started a new split and I did delts this past sunday for a good 15 sets. Second, I needed some extra time to do cardio today. I feel like my waist line has been getting bigger past few days, probably because of the extra carbs and the fact that I'm not walking around campus to class, etc.

Weight for DB press is up from past sunday so everything seems to be going according to plan.

Workout:

DB Press: 80x9, 85x7, 85x6
Seated DB Laterals: 55x10, 55x10, 55x11
Reverse pec deck: 4 sets (slow reps, squeeze and hold during rep)
Nautilus side shurg machine: 4 sets

cardio: 30 minutes, Eliptical + stationary bike

Diet:

everything is normal. I've been eating my mom's dishes once, sometimes twice a day with my rice and beans. I think the extra grease might be putting some fat on me, so I'm gon try to limit that.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Notes:

I was really busy yesterday after the gym so I didn't update. Had to go xmas shopping with a friend and sleep early so I can go lift today as the gym closes early. I'm doing two updates today, one for yesterday one for today.

Weight looks to be going up steadily still. I'm almost 210 in the morning and walking around during the day at about 215 ish. It wouldn't suprise me at all if I get up to at least a solid 220 by end of the log, which will be the heaviest I've ever been.

Did arms yesterday, I fell in love with doing supersets, I feel that I don't lose any intensity and I get a much better pump. The workout was very good, my right elbow is still bothering me a little bit in the beginning of the workout but it's really no big deal after a few minutes.

Workout:

V-Bar Pushdowns: 190x11, 200x10, 200x10
Alt.DB Curls superset w/ Overhead Press machine: 50x9, 50x9, 55x7 + 3 sets, 8-10 reps
Straight bar cable curls superset w/ reverse pushdowns: 160x10, 160x9, 160x9 + 160x9, 160x11, 170x10
BB Curls superset w/ DB Skulls: 95x10, 95x9, 95x10 + 35x9, 35x8, 35x8

Diet:

Diet was a little bit out of the ordinary yesterday. I had a normal 1st two meals then went to someone's house. I didn't eat for over 3 hours at one point but did snack on a lot of multi-grain chips dipped in homemade guacamole which was delicious. Had some fatty pork and rice cooked with spices and butter for the 3rd meal.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
day 22

Notes:

Leg day today. My right knee is still trying to recover from runner's knee, so every other week I'm keeping the weight light and going high reps. This knee problem is a pain in the ass, I hope it eventually goes away.

Workout:

Leg Press: 360x16, 360x20, 360x20
Vertical deep hack squat machine: 135x12, 135x14, 135x14
Leg Extensions: 3 sets to failure
Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets to failure, slow reps
Single leg vertical leg curls: 3 sets

Diet:

Diet was normal today except for one meal I had chinese dumplings, some simple carbs there with ground pork.

steve0178

steve0178

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Log is going great man. Nice size to start with also! Keep it up bro.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 24, BAM Day 1

YEAA BUDDYYY, got my BAM one day early it seems like, unless i read the date wrong. But anyways, it was on my table when I woke up this 'morning'. I just took my first cap as I'm typing this.

I decided to change up my routine just a little bit. I realized that lifting 5 days in arole was not a great idea, so I will change it to 2 on, 1 off, 3 on, and 1 off. I am taking a 2nd day off today from serious weights, but I will be at the gym doing some heavy abs, forearms, and 20 minutes cardio.

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
In order to correctly run this stack you need 2 of each bottle correct??

cervasa1977

cervasa1977

Controlled Labs Board Rep
Awards
great looking log diff going to watch this one

Dros120

Awards
The log is looking good - keep up the detail now that you are into the BAM

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 25, BAM Day 2

Notes:

Today is my 2nd day on BAM. I'm following the instruction to the very last word, taking the two caps 12 hours apart.

More weight gain to report. I'm weighing in at 210 in the morning now, and walking around at about 215 during the day. Pretty excited :D

Chest day today, I felt really sleepy this morning and took a nap right after breakfast, which is like an hour after I woke up..

I was trying out some stretches I saw in the book I'm studying for personal training certification, one of the static pec. stretches seemed to have hurt my left pec, when I was warming up it felt a bit sore. To my suprise it didn't hurt during my sets, but in between it was still bothering me a little bit, so I kept my sets to 12 instead of 15 like last week. The workout was still tremondous though, pump was great, as I still had a pump going 45 minutes after the workout.

I'm getting my strength back up, but the endurance still feel like it's lacking a bit.

Workout:

Flat Barbell bench: 225x10, 245x7, 255x5
Inc. DB bench: 100x8, 100x6, 100x5
Cybex Incline Press: 180x10, 230x8, 230x7
Flat DB Flyes: 60x10, 60x10, 60x8

Diet:

Had some good meals yesterday and today. We had some Hotpot last night, putting raw lamb, beef and shrimp straight into boiling water and dipping it in some peanut butter/garlic/soil sauce dip that my mom made.

A lot of chicken, beef and fish today, everything's going well.

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
Just took my first cap of jungle warfare, I cant wait to get into the BAM.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 26, BAM day 3

Notes:

Back day today. My right low back is still bothered a little bit by a strain I sustained about 3 weeks ago while playing basketball, so I haven't been able to do any barbell rows or rack deads that I like to do before the injury.

Overall the workout was very good. I felt really strong and pumps were great once again. I need to somehow find a way to improve my pullups. I was doing about 10 pullups when I was weighing around 190 lbs. Now that i'm 210, I'm down to the 6-8 range depending on the day.

Workout:

Iso Row (single armed): 115x9, 115x10, 125x7, 125x8
Pullups: 7, 6, 6,
Close reverse grip pulldowns: 170x10, 180x11, 180x10, 190x9
1 arm cable rows: 90x12, 120x12, 150x10
back extensions: 4 sets to failure with a plate

Diet:

I forgot to cook chicken before going to workout today, so after workout me and my friend decided to go eat out somewhere. I ended up getting a footlong roast beef grinder and a whole thing of chicken and sphgetti. I also had some vegetable stew and pork chops at someone's house. That's about 3 seperate meals in a 2 hour span. So some extra calories today.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 28, BAM day 5

Notes:

Rest day yesterday, stayed home all day and just studied.

Back to the gym with Delts today. Strength is definitly going up, weights has gone up in every exercise. I changed the big movements up a little bit from last week, but the weights went up for the exercises that repeated (DB laterals, reverse pec deck). Arms tomorrow, can't wait.

Workout:

Smith Machine millitary press: 185x10, 205x8, 205x7 (PRs)
Seated DB Laterals: 55x12, 60x10, 60x10
Arnolds superset w/ DB Rear delt raises: 70x9, 70x8, 70x6 + 40x8, 40x9, 40x9
Reverse Pec Deck: 3 sets (up 2 plates on machine from last week)

Diet:

Diet is still not much different from day to day. I feel like I'm definitly gon miss the rice and beans when I get back to school though.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 29, BAM day 6

Notes:

Last day of the year! Did arms today, pump and strength were awesome. My strength is definitly going up. I've never done so much weight with close grip bench before. Weight this morning was 214. Up 9 pounds from beginning of the log.

My right elbow was still hurting a bit, preventing me from doing too many isolated extension exercises. I'm definitly going away from the skull crushers and dumbbell extensions for awhile to take the extra stress of of my elbows.

Workout:

V-bar pushdowns: 200x12, 200x12, 200x11
Smith machine close grip bench: 225x9, 245x7, 245x7
Rev. Grip cable extensions across body: 3 sets each arm

Straight bar curls superset w/ Overhead extension machine last 2 sets:
100x9, 100x11, 100x10 + 2 sets OH ext.
Alt. DB Curls: 55x8, 55x7, 55x7 + 45x5 + 30x5
Rope Curls: 4 sets

Diet:

Diet is still on point. Had some dumplings today. My mom learned that I don't like fatty grounded meat so she's been using lean ground turkey for the dumpling fillings. I love it :D

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WOW 9 lbs. 6 days on EVOL :D Awesome ! You are getting increased nitrogen retention for optimal muscle growth, Oh this is gonna be a good ride :bb2:

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
Wow 9 lbs after 6 days on the BAM. I CANNOT WAIT to start the bam. Good work bro..keep it up.

Commonpremier21

Commonpremier21

Awards
Day 31, BAM day 8

Notes:

I woke up early to do some stuff on new years day, so I took a rest day. Legs yesterday. My effing knees still hurt from tendonitis, I realize that I should either accept having chicken legs for a long time to let it heal or let it hurt and limit me to do many things but keep working them out. Haven't decided yet...

Workout:

Leg Press: 360x20, 540x10, 540x10
Hack Squat: 3 sets
Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets
Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets
Seated Calf Raises: 5 sets

Diet:

Had a lot of ham/pork and chicken yesterday, everything's pretty normal.