Renegade's Log / GREEN MAGnitude

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Overview
This will be a continuing log/blog of my training and Controlled Lab's products. The mainstay of this log will be GREEN MAGnitude which is a staple of my training.

I hope to offer motivational quotes, essays, along with insights into my training routines and comprehensive feedback on the products I use.

Quick Stats
22 Years Old (2006) / 165lbs / 10% BF / 5'8"
Training Experience: 2 years serious lifting
Began as hard gainer 129lbs in 2004

Training
Usually a 4 day split: (1) Back/Biceps/Traps (2) Chest/Triceps/Delts (3) Legs (4) Speciality
Stick with compound movements, heavy weight with low reps. Training for size, strength.

Nutrition
I usually follow a routine that has me eating 3000 calories per day of clean carbohydrates from rice, pasta, potatos. Protein source is chicken, steak, lean beef, shakes

Supplementation
GREEN Magnitude
Lean Dessert protein / Muscle Milk / bulk Whey / Nectar Isolate
Bulk Green Tea capped by myself
Fish Oil drug store brand
One-A-Day multivitamin

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 1
Off day, 1 scoop Green MAG

Workouot
N/A

Notes
Just recovering from a cold. i got my GM in the mail and decided to begin with it. Noticed a slight natural energy boost after dosing.

Taste is damn good...Sour Apple sounded nasty but tastes like a green Jolly Rancher. A pleasure to drink, I look foreward to it everyday.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 2
Back, Biceps, Traps

30 mins Pre Workout
-1 scoop GREEN MAGnitude
-2 caps Green Tea

Workout
3 sets x 8 reps -Deadlifts
6 sets x 8 reps -WG Lat Pulldowns
6 sets x 6 reps -Reverse Grip Pulldowns
5 sets x 5 reps -DB Rows
4x12 -Shrugs
4x12 -Lateral Raises

Notes
My forearms got a wicked pump today. After taking about a week off I got back into it with this killer back/shoulder workout. I felt the GREEN MAG kick in and I had lots of endurance. I was quite surprised, I still had a small cold left in me but I was willing to train longer than normal.

I usually don't work any direct biceps, because they get alot of work from my chinups/pulling exercises. I firmly beleive that you can develop strong arms by doing compound movements. I still work my arms seperately but alot of my muscular size comes from big movements like dips, chins, bench and rows.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Rant
I don't train through colds. If your body is fighting, what's the use of breaking it down more by taxing your reserves, immune system by lifting heavy weights. Recently I came down with something. I slept about 14 hours a day, took in my vitamins, lots of liquids and green tea. I felt better and was training in less than 7 days from contracting the illness. Sure I could have trained through it, but my body needed the break anyways. It gave me a chance to re-think my current training program and diet/supplementation. When I started back up I felt stronger and had more of a positive response to my training. Listen to your body. It may be hard to stop training but it's worth it.

"This art of resting the mind and the power of dismissing from it all care and worry is probably one of the secrets of energy in our great men."

Captain J. A. Hadfield

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 3
Chest, Triceps

30 mins Pre Workout
-2/3 scoop GREEN MAGnitude
-1 serving Excell BCAA
-1 cap Green Tea Extract
-1 cap (1.3g) Cissus

30 mins post workout
-30g protein / 60g carb / 500 calorie true mass shake
-1 cap Green Tea
-1 cap Cissus

Later on at night....
-1/2 scoop GREEN MAGnitude
-1 scoop Excell

Workout
8x3 Bench Press
5x5 CGBP
5x10 Incline Fly
5x5 Skullcrushers
5x5 Dips (bodyweight)

Notes
Although I'm not sore today, I felt like I did a really good workout yesterday. I worked out alone at my house, not with my partner (who has better equipment.) DAMN! I felt like I was unstoppable. This I'm attributing to Green MAG, because on my previous creatines I had not felt this much endurance.

Like always, I failed to hit my triceps hard enough. This is due to my cable machine snapping in half, so I was unable to burn them out with pushdowns like I usually do. AND I was too lazy to do tricep kickbacks so I just did mostly compound movements for my chest.

I also capped my own Cissus powder yesterday, and boy that was a mess. I personally beleive the only reason I'm not sore today was because of the cissus + excell BCAAs I used in abundance yesterday.

Onto legs today...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Ode to Squats
I'm waiting in anticipation for squat-day. Count down is 3.5 hours. Pain and sweat is scheduled for 2:30pm. I used to not like squats. I beleive it's because I lacked the proper equipment. I was doing them with dumbells or a barbell that I had to drop behind my head onto my basement floor. "Are you alright down there?" always followed. The low ceilings pissed me off too. I would find ways to pump my legs, like supersetting squats with lunges or squats with leg extensions. No more though.

Ever since I have been using the squat rack, it has been one of my favorite exercises to do. I've been consistantly moving up in weight, both on the bar and on the scale. I have found myself being hungrier for more. More weight, more food, more sleep. This is truly the key to growth. 20 rep squats, 10x10, 5x5, 1RM, whatever your game is, you need to be doing squats.

Sure, they hurt. My knees have a tendancy to pop, my lower back gets pumped, and my legs shake. But after I complete my sets, I really feel like I've acheived my goal. I feel like I've done more for my body, as far as activating muscle and testosterone than after any other exercise (even Deadlifts). Your not going to get anything in life without putting effort into getting it. Anybody who wants to gain size and strength should be eating, sleeping and sh*tting in the squatrack. There's no fancy or easy way around it. Squats = Size. You have to learn to love them...not nesecarrily the exercise, but the results it acheives.

"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 4
Legs, Abs.

30 mins Pre Workout
-1 serving Excell BCAA
-1 cap (1.3g) Cissus

30 mins post workout
-30g protein / 30g carb / 500cal Muscle milk/Lean Dessert
-Dinner (chicken, pasta, broccoli)
-2 caps Green Tea
-1 cap Cissus

Later on at night....
-1 scoop Excell

Workout
8x5 Squats
5x5 hamstring curls
5x10 Leg Extensions
2x25 Time-under-tension calf raises
4x10 Leg Raises

Notes
Workout went quite well. The pump in my legs after the heavy sets of squats was really prevelant. I felt more power in my legs than ever before. Reached a PR on my squat. Damn, I love drinking Green MAG. It tastes really good and I can *feel* it working.

Ab workout at the end was sort of weak, my abs were cooked from a week of hacking and coughing from a cold, so I didn't have to try hard to get them to burn.

My calves are burnin like crazy today too...I didn't do much work with them except for 2 sets of calf raises with 180lbs on my back, but i did it slow TUT and lots of pauses. I feel em today.

Today will be an off day, I'll do some cardio (stationary bike) to get my legs sore again...tomorrow will be shoulders + arms probably.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 5
Arms, cardio.

30 mins Pre Workout
-1 serving Excell BCAA
-1 cap (1.3g) Cissus

30 mins post workout
-Dinner (chicken, broccoli)
-2 caps Green Tea
-1 cap Cissus

Workout
5x5 BB Curls
4x6 Preacher Curls
4x6 Skullcrushers
4x6 kickbacks
15 mins. Moderate intensity stationary

Notes
Today was supposed to be an off/cardio day but I got in some light arm work also. GM makes me want to train all the time!! I do an arm day usually once a month, because I aim @ overall mass and strength. The quickest way to quick gains is big movements, so I usually save the curls and stuff for an off day like today.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 6
Shoulders/traps

10 mins Pre Workout
-1 cap green tea

10 mins post workout
-Dinner (chicken, broccoli)
-1 caps Green Tea

Workout
5x5 OH Press
5x10 Shrugs
10x10 Lateral Raises
3x10 DB Rows

Notes
A quick workout but nonetheless intense and tiring. Worked out with a friend. I ended up finishing my GM the first 10 mins into the workout. I must say it was a pleasure to drink during, as it was very refreshing. I'm pretty much burned out from this week, my body is pretty spent. I plan on taking the next 3 days off, with the exception of light cardio. I love to rest after a hard week of working out :) Relaxing on the weekend, watching movies and eating good food. Thanks be to the Lord!

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
You've made some nice gains since you started keep up the hard work! Good luck on leg day, one of my favorite parts to train.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You've made some nice gains since you started keep up the hard work! Good luck on leg day, one of my favorite parts to train.
Thanks for stopping by.
I can feel GM working and it's only been a week...:)
Can't wait!!!!!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nice log, if your gains stay consistent, I'll definately give GreenMag a try.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 7
Chest/Triceps

10 mins Pre Workout

10 mins post workout
-Dinner (chicken, broccoli, pasta)
-2 caps Green Tea, multi, 2g fishoil

Workout
(chest)
7x2 Flat Bench Press
5x10 Pec Dec
(tris)
5x7 Skullcrushers
5x10 Pushdowns
(both)
5x8 Dips (bodyweight)

Notes
I kept it simple for the workout, as I was not feeling too energetic. However, I actually reached a PR with my flat bench. I've been trying to add 10lbs for my 1RM for a while, and yesterday I was able to do it! YAY! Whether its due to my training or Green Mag, it's probably both. I drank some GM into my workout again, as it tastes good and is refreshing. Towards the middle of my workout I got an extra kick too, probably the taurine/MCC kicking in. Took in a good amount of protein afterwards, lean chicken in my dinner and those IDS NewWhey shakes.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 Review: GREEN MAG
-
Taste
The taste of this product is very good. It can be tart/sour at times when not mixed with enough water, but when you mix it with say half a liter you will find it is very mild, sweet and tastes like a green Jolly Rancher. Personally I enjoy drinking this not only pre-workout and post workout but twice a day on off days. It is a very good tasting product.
-
Mixibility
There absolutely NO clumping, no sticking to the sides. It mixes like kool-aid. No residue is left at the end. Perfect 10.
-
Effects
The biggest thing I've noticed is the energy it provides. It's a clean feeling of "I want to do more" ... more sets, more work, more everything. It is NOT a jittery, caffeine feeling. It's like a subtle motivational boost. I blame the tyrosine + taurine for this! But it's really helped improve my workouts. Before it I was using Shock Therapy, and that made me feel so jittery sometimes I had a hard time with rep speed + form (I would just throw the weights around.) The pumps---I feel like they are improved but of course this is not a pump product.

One main thing is the strength I've found. I did PR's on a few different exercises and I honestly think alot of it has to do with the Green Mag (MCC) - plus a good diet and training regiment.

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
That is an awesome review/s story, thank you very much. I am glad that Green MAG has worked out so well for you. We do strive to please our customers and listen to their wants.

Keep up the good work!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 8
Back

15 mins Pre Workout
-1 cap Green Tea Extract

15 mins post workout
-2 cans of Tuna in giant sub roll w/ mayo
-1 cap Green Tea / multi / fish oil

Workout
5x5 Weighted Chins (15lbs+ in backpack)
5x10 DB Rows Time under tension

Notes
Had to make it a quick one because I had an appointment to make, so I tried to make up for it with more weight + less rest. Workout was OK, I worked out alone at my place. Took about 30 minutes. Ate a big sub afterwards. Green Mag is still kicking strong. I've opted for .5 scoop Pre and .5 scoop post, as I've found this to be optimal. Sometimes I will only use half a scoop pre and none post, but a few hours later have another half scoop. I've also found myself taking in 2 servings on off days if recovery warrants it. I've found to recover quicker by using GM.

By the way, I'm not logging my off days
, so assume I take in approx. 160g of protein per day, approx. 3500 calories and at least a gallon of H20 ---- and of course, 1 scoop of Green MAG, 900mg Green tea, multivitamins, approx. 3-5g of fishoil.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Goal Setting Rant
Setting and reaching goals is the most important thing in training. Without goals we are like mice in a wheel. It felt so good to break my PR's. Of course, Green MAG helped, but it was my determination that made it all work. Whether it be goals to put up higher numbers on lifts, lower numbers on the scale or visible goals in the mirror. Anything worth having is worth working for.

"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."
Beverly Sills

"Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid."
John Keats

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
Sir Winston Churchill

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 9
Cardio

15 mins Pre Workout
-1 cap Green Tea Extract

Workout
20 mins low intensity stationary bike

Notes
Well I had a helluva night in my personal life last night and today, to make a long story short a meeting didn't go as well as I planned it to! So my head was a little off but I got in some quality cardio time. Nothing like putting on some upbeat music (Crystal method) and riding a bike. It has a meditative quality that lifting weights does not - its relaxing in a sense if you make it low-intensity. My upper body is real sore today, I'm laying low and recovering...hopefully getting a good nights rest and attacking my friend Mr. Squat rack tomorrow.

800mrunner

Banned
Awards
nice log so far. how's cardio on this, improved slightly or greatly, and ease of cardio? it does not cause intense pumps while running or whatever you do for cardio does it?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
nice log so far. how's cardio on this, improved slightly or greatly, and ease of cardio? it does not cause intense pumps while running or whatever you do for cardio does it?
No it doesn't. It enhances it a bit, because of the Tyrosine + Betaine + Taurine + MCC ... gives you a natural sort of energy boost. No hard to manage pumps.

Necromancer

Necromancer

Awards
This Log owns!!

I am enjoying reading it so much today.

Love your Squat recipe..I must try that in a few weeks..

I am a big time lover of squats/front squats

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
This Log owns!!

I am enjoying reading it so much today.

Love your Squat recipe..I must try that in a few weeks..

I am a big time lover of squats/front squats
Thanks alot! I'm glad your enjoying the log.
Have you tried Green mag yet???
havent done the front squats myself...i like to keep it simple for now and stick with the original form.
thanks again for stopping in...

Necromancer

Necromancer

Awards
No I haven't tried it yet..but after my comp...I really plan too.

No offense...but so many photo's I see on forums are taken the way the one u just posted.....Do phone camera's in America lack the self timer function?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
No I haven't tried it yet..but after my comp...I really plan too.

No offense...but so many photo's I see on forums are taken the way the one u just posted.....Do phone camera's in America lack the self timer function?
No, but its just easier to do it that way...
Plus I don't have a tripod or anything, so the self timer thing would not work very well for me!

Necromancer

Necromancer

Awards
I balance mine on the mantle piece...and hold it between two small solid objects to keep it upright

I have been very inventive in the props i use to take self timer photos.(see my supplement log for pics.)

Of course I could ask someone to do it....but just don't...tho I really love the black and white ones we took in the gym...they turned out very artistic....Feel Like i am hijacking ur log....sorry..back to business ;)

I have been reading alot of logs and they are not structured well..Its so easy to do...U want to be able to read it clearly....find out how the product digested/tasted.Then the workout performed and Why it was better than ever before....how the products helped u....and a summary of what u felt/acheived....and where to next..

Yours contains all this and more making it very good to read.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I balance mine on the mantle piece...and hold it between two small solid objects to keep it upright

I have been very inventive in the props i use to take self timer photos.(see my supplement log for pics.)

Of course I could ask someone to do it....but just don't...tho I really love the black and white ones we took in the gym...they turned out very artistic....Feel Like i am hijacking ur log....sorry..back to business ;)

I have been reading alot of logs and they are not structured well..Its so easy to do...U want to be able to read it clearly....find out how the product digested/tasted.Then the workout performed and Why it was better than ever before....how the products helped u....and a summary of what u felt/acheived....and where to next..

Yours contains all this and more making it very good to read.
No need - Thanks for the tip man!

khan-unit

Banned
Awards
have you ever taken green buldge? whats better green buldge or green magnitude

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 10
Legs

15 mins Pre Workout
-1 cap Green Tea Extract

Workout
2x10 Warmup deadlifts
7x5 Heavy deadlifts
5x10 Hacksquats

Notes
Well this was a quick Friday workout but nonetheless brutal. My legs, glutes, lowerback and shoulders are all killing me. I neglected legs all last week b/c my schedule got messed up, so I hit it with the Big 2/3. I take Sat & Sun off usually for rest and recovery, so I wanted to make up for missing my leg workout last week before I went into recovery/eating mode.

When I do deadlifts from the floor, my hamstrings and glutes are always very sore the next day. Sometimes I will incorporate them into a workout with squats and get quite the nice leg workout plus some lower back and trap stimulation also.

Just to note: An hour after doing this workout, I completely fell asleep for about an hour. Man, those take alot out of ya :) :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
have you ever taken green buldge? whats better green buldge or green magnitude
Hey khan, thanks for the question.

I have taken both Green MAGnitude and Green BULGE. It comes down to whether you like taking powder or pills. Both have their place --- Green MAG contains more creatine, but GB has pre-workout goodies that will aid in your workout and effectiveness.

Personally I used both with good results, but I prefer MAGnitude because it's a powder.

Hope this helps!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 10
Legs

15 mins Pre Workout
-1 cap Green Tea Extract

Workout
2x10 Warmup deadlifts
7x5 Heavy deadlifts
5x10 Hacksquats

Notes
Well this was a quick Friday workout but nonetheless brutal. My legs, glutes, lowerback and shoulders are all killing me. I neglected legs all last week b/c my schedule got messed up, so I hit it with the Big 2/3. I take Sat & Sun off usually for rest and recovery, so I wanted to make up for missing my leg workout last week before I went into recovery/eating mode.

When I do deadlifts from the floor, my hamstrings and glutes are always very sore the next day. Sometimes I will incorporate them into a workout with squats and get quite the nice leg workout plus some lower back and trap stimulation also.

Just to note: An hour after doing this workout, I completely fell asleep for about an hour. Man, those take alot out of ya :) :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 11
Chest

15 mins Pre Workout
-3/4 scoop GREEN MAGnitude
-1 cap Green Tea Extract

15 mins post workout
-Kai Ka Prow :dinner: (thai ground chicken with rice and vegetables)

Workout
2x10 warmup BP
7x4 Bench Press
4x4 CGBP
8x8 dips > bodyweight

Notes
Focusing more on strength than hypertrophy today. My partner was sick so i was alone. Greeg MAG, like always, was pushing me to do more work, but I decided to keep it short and make up for it by eating a lot. They say to keep your workouts short and heavy, and spend more time in the kitchen than the gym when you are 'bulking'. can you beleive i'm still sore (monday) from doing deadlifts on friday? Tomorrow is legs, whether theyre still sore or not.

It's about 30mins after my workout and my arms are shaking: thats a good sign. Can't wait till my Purple WRAATH shows up. Should be a few days courtesy of ISLANDSUPPLEMENTS.COM <Great store. I can definately tell the difference when I run out of BCAA. I get alot more DOMs.

Wanted to do my max BP today...maybe next week...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions. "
Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809 - 1892)

EDIT: And if you create another thread and pimp this company one more time, as your affiliation/loyalty is quite obvious, I will remove this log as well. Quit it!