Serious Nutrition Solutions' Focus XT™ Log

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to be running a Journal for Serious Nutrition Solutions and their Focus XT™ Product. In my line of work I need all the help I can get both in and out of the gym.

Focus XT™ ’s state-of-the-art cutting edge formulation combines precise ratios of active ingredients in order to provide users with a myriad of uses, including a variety of benefits in pertaining to improved mental focus and concentration, anti-stress, and performance enhancement.

Focus XT can be used by individuals for a variety of purposes, whether it be by individuals trying to improve their workout or athletic performance, by students wanting to enhance focus, concentration, and productivity at school, by individuals whose job requires optimal mental performance, or others who feel they may benefit from the variety of benefits that Focus XT is reportedly being used for.

Common User Feedback Indicates Focus XT Being Used For:

Improved Mental Focus*
Mental Alertness and Concentration*
Mental Clarity*
Anti-Stress Properties*
Maximizing Energy Levels*
Optimal Mental Performance*
Concentration*
Memory*
Improved Endurance*
Pre-Athletic Activity Energy and Focus*
Increased Fat Burning During Exercise*
Improved Mind-Muscle Connection*
Combating Overtraining Syndrome*
Pre-Workout Energy and Focus*
These are claims from their site and I Bolded in Red the specific areas I need the most help with.

My log will be daily with various notes about my workouts, sleep, moods, etc. I'll do my best to be fair and impartial and give real world results. Like when my diet and training is screwed or when I had to pick up the kids from school and I missed out at the gym and so-on.

So I look forward to trying this out and in turn providing both SNS with honest feedback as well as our community.

Be sure to check out their own forum here at Anaboliminds and discuss their other products. Ranging from CVM Xtreme™ to Inhibit-E™

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
We're just kidding, we really didnt choose you. :D

Geez, your one quick guy!!

Looks very good so far jay. :)

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Damn looking at the ingredients and amounts this is basically Neurostim on steroids. You should definetly notice something with this, I never really looked at the make up of this product but it appears to be well formulated with proper dosing of each ingredient.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Im hoping canadian suppliers start to stock some quality supplements like the above.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope it works cause since i've moved to Day Shift I have lost every bit of mental focus. Not that I really had anything mentally going on before then either :p

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
mmmm looks delicious. I'd be very surprised if you are dissapointed.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Alright, a new Jay log. The Focus XT looks to be promising, read a lot of great things about it. Good luck with it Jay :thumbsup:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Viper, with my short attention span I ho...the hell did I put my keys?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'll be making up a log as soon as mine arrives and i'll keep an eye on this one as well. Oh and nice Military Press video, i warm up with 255lbs pussy, lol jks Impressive.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I warm up with 315 but I didin't want to put everything up front and scares ya :p

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ever do push presses? Or press to the front then lower to the back? Personally i prefer dumbbells, standing or seated.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I do those every other shoulder day, actually. I do those with drop sets though. And I do them seated. I messed up my shoulder once and prefer seated when pressing just to take any possible tweaking.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
good luck jay. I bought some a few months back and used it when cramming (never used it in the gym) but the focus was amazing...
You should really get what your looking out of it.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Jay - I'm very, very, very interested in the effects for you at work.

I'd prefer to see maybe half or so of the servings taken around work. If that's possible.

Looks good bruh. I'll be watching.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking very forward to the log and seeing how the Focus XT works for you under various circumstances.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OKay, I actually started this log three days ago but for various reasons I haven't started until today...

Day 1

Why I used Focus XT™ today: Morning Dose -work Evening Dose - Gym
My first dose was per label instructions. 1 heaping scoop into 8oz of water.

Initial mood at time of dose

I felt like crap and it was my first day back since the wisdom tooth was taken out and I didn't sleep hardly at all the night before.

Focux XT™ taste in water

Like that that sugar free lemonade...i hate sugar free lemonade. *shiver*

30 Minutes after dose
I didn't really notice anything as I was driving to work.

1 Hour after dose

Still nothing and dead tired.

2 hours after dose

I snuck into the office and took a nap.

Mood at time of evening dose

Still tired but I was definately ready to hit the gym.

Evening Dose was 2 heaping scoops in 20oz of lemonade gatorade.

Focus XT™ taste in Gatorade.

Now this is something I like! Still has a bit of an aftertaste but not strong at all.

30 minutes after dose

I felt a definate difference in my thought process not being all over the place but no real boost in energy

1 hour after dose

Same as 30 minute

2 Hours after dose

Same as 30 minute

End of day notes: I'm still adjusting to changing shifts and working during the day and sleeping at night. I'm getting hardly any sleep and my water intake as been very slim lately. I'm going to try and fix the water and sleep issues over the next few days to really get a fix on the Focus XT™

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2

Why I used Focus XT™ today: Morning Dose -work Evening Dose - Gym
Morning and evening doses were 2 heaping scoops in 20oz of lemon gatorade.

I didin't feel so bad but my sleep was still something to be desired. about 4 hours total.

Morning dose:

30 Minutes after dose
I felt a little ill driving to work but I also didn't eat anything like I usually do. I set the alarm wrong and was running late.

1 Hour after dose

I felt calm and I had single thought processes. I'm usually having to deal with 4-5 ideas running through my head at once causing me to work partially on each.

2 hours after dose

No sleeping this time but I drank a diet coke to try and pep me up a little. Physically I felt tired.

I wanted to go home but knew I needed to hit the gym so I went.

30 minutes after dose

I worked back and biceps and it was a good strong workout. No jitters and queezy(is this a word?) feeling.

1 hour after dose

I felt like working a traps into the workout but decided against it.

2 Hours after dose

I went to sleep as soon as I got home. Roughly 830PM. I was exhausted from the lack of sleep.

End of day notes: I went to sleep at 830 and my wife woke me up at 1030 to move over in the bed and I was up till about 2am wide awake. It sucked and I had to summon all my strength not to take a hose and blast her with cold water.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3

Why I used Focus XT™ today: Morning Dose -work Evening Dose - Work
Morning dose was 3 heaping scoops in 20oz of lemon gatorade. Evening was 2 heaping scoops.

Felt like total ****. the screwed up sleeping ordeal almost caused me to call off from work.

Morning dose:

30 Minutes after dose
I ate breakfast about 15 minutes after I had the focus XT™ No real changes.

1 Hour after dose

Had to teach some classes today and it went really well. I was focused and had sat down and prepped myself prior to the classes which I usually don't do. I also felt like I had energy.

2 hours after dose

Evergy was still there but not as much. Focus was still good though.

I knew I was going home so I took the dose a bit earlier to test a theory of mine.

30 minutes after dose

Not too much of a change

1 hour after dose

This was when I could start to feel some changes physically

2 Hours after dose

I feel good and focused and I have plenty of energy. No stimumant effect like increased heartbeat or BP but a pretty decent feeling of coming out of a nap.

End of day notes: I'm typing this now. I think, for me at least. That there'sa timed gradual increase of the effect. Roughly 1-2 hours after taking Focus XT™ is when I get the maximum effect both mentally and physically. it's not a hard and heavy effect that you can feel like ephedra or a ECA stack but one of a more natural effect. If this is the continued effect this will definately play a nice role in the business/professional world when you need a boost but writing with a shaking hand won't cut it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Couple of questions:
- Are you taking it on an empty stomach? I ask becasue based on other logs, that seems to be the best way for ideal results.

- Why taking the multiple scoops at one time? The amount of actives per 1 scoop is high, so if there is any stomach upset, it could be related to the increased dosage.

I have noticed also what you exemplified above in that the time it takes for it to kick in can very by the person.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I personally felt the effects in 10 minutes and at around 30 minutes i felt the full on effects, i'm also wondering why you using so much? I'm only using 1 scoop and i think that's fine.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cause with one scoop I was going to sleep at work and I didn't want to dose up on another stim and not get an idea on the effectiveness alone. At 1 scoop i'm sleeping. I take on an empty stomach and eat food within 15 or so minutes later. I have the next two days off so i'll see to making sure my sleep is on and find out if that is playing in the role of my exhaustion just being too much for any stim to help. Also since i'm off i'll go back to 1 scoop.

We'll see but I wanted to spend the first several days finding an optimal amount and with or without food giving better results.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Interesting Jay.

Shift work sucks major balls. I've had to do some of it.
But, that's a lot of caffeine.
(Probably about as much as I'm taking per day with all my diet soda...)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cause with one scoop I was going to sleep at work and I didn't want to dose up on another stim and not get an idea on the effectiveness alone. At 1 scoop i'm sleeping. I take on an empty stomach and eat food within 15 or so minutes later. I have the next two days off so i'll see to making sure my sleep is on and find out if that is playing in the role of my exhaustion just being too much for any stim to help. Also since i'm off i'll go back to 1 scoop.

We'll see but I wanted to spend the first several days finding an optimal amount and with or without food giving better results.
Understandable. Just a suggestion, but maybe try taking it at least 30 to 45 mins before a meal.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll do a backwards test. Starting out 1 hour and moving backwards to 45 then 30 minutes without food @1scoop.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'll do a backwards test. Starting out 1 hour and moving backwards to 45 then 30 minutes without food @1scoop.
BTW...wanted you to know I'm not being picky. Just trying to be helpful in finding the way the product best suits your individual response and needs.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh didn't think that at all. Just trying to offer advice to get the most of it. Some products require a bit of a different approach for best results.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took 1 scoop on an empty stomach with 8oz of orange juice tonight. About 15 minutes or so later I had a stim effect equal to about drinking a cup O coffee. Had a great workout and definately had focus.

Hit 255x8 on Military Press behind the neck and then 275x1

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its time for a little dusting and cleaning in here, Let me get my french maid outfit and feather duster.......

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And on that note i'll update this :) I don't see a damn Maid outfit either :(

I'm finding out while talking to the othe testers that it's my own fault i'm having less than normal reactions with Focus XT. Siwtching shifts and lack of sleep and my normal high amounts of caffein intake.

I have to drive to Georgia Friday morning to visit my Grand mother in the Nursing home(she has alzheimers) and then hit my dad's cemetary for a much needed re-familiarization. I'll be carrying it with me and i'll be mixing it with bottled water that will be cold from a cooler.

Blap

Blap

Serious Nutrition Solutions
Awards
From personal experience I agree 100% that the effects of Focus XT can be almost completely negated by lack of proper rest. I don't think your high caffeine tolerance is a major issue here. Although you may lose out a little on the 'kick' the nootropic aspects should still be there.

I look forward to your results with a little more rest behind ya :)

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I agree i wouldn't use this for a pick me up, you should be well rested, if you want a pick me up then you need some more potent stimulants.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay I had a 18 hour travel each way trip this weekend and decided this was a good time to test Focus XT™

Thursday night at 9pm EST I started out on the highway.

Mood:
I felt refreshed although I hadn't slept since 6am that morning. I was prepared to come to terms with a lot of issues and this had me feeling good.
2am: I started feeling a bit tired and decided to stop at a rest stop(breeding ground for homosexuals).

Servings: 2am 1 scoop in 20oz of gatorade.

220am: I felt good again. The slight tiredness was gone and I was back cruising.

Side note: I met BV there oddly enough and he was running through the parkinglot with a ball in his mouth. I had a timeline so I just gave him a thumbs up and kept going.

530am: Feeling tired again and I had a coke and some food. if you can call three huge raison oatmeal cookies food.

600am: Too tired to continue and went to sleep on the side of the road. Nothing like being rocked to sleep by passing semis going 70mph. I slept with a seatbelt on so if I was shotputted by a 18 wheeler I would stay with the vehicle as it landed.
730am: red eyed and still tired I couldn't take it and took another scoop with a bottle of orange juice.

815is-am: I was a little tired but no where near what I was and continued on. Jammin to some tunes on XM baby, yeah!

1240pm: I reached the nursing home and visited with my grand ma.

145pm: I headed out to Atlanta

4pm: Made it to my grand pa's. Safe and sound

Focus XT™ Notes: I have to give this powder some credit cause Stopping for about 1.5 hours in a 18 hour trip ain't bad and no stomach problems or illness type of effects.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturday Night I headed out from my Grand pa's

I had about 9 hours sleep the night before and about 2 seperate 1 hour cat naps that day.

Mood: I left out emotionally drained and not fully recovered from the trip out.

9pm: Left out and not totally sure where the hell I was or how I was getting back on the highway.

Side note: I was getting phone call after phone call from newly met family members making sure I was okay out there and a cousin that was in child labor. A good feeling. haven't had that family feeling a long time. Put a smile on my face :)

2am: I'm hurting and went 1.5scoops into 32oz of gatorade and a pb&j sammitch. the sammitch was ate about 20 minutes after.

230: I started noticing the effects as i was jamming to the banana boat song. DAY! DAY-O Daylight and me wan go home!

6am: I needed a nap and stopped at another Rest area...BV's number was in the restroom. I guess he was popular.

730am: I headed back out.

1230pm: I took another scoop in a bottle of water and had another pb&j sammitch.

3pm: I made it home and went to sleep :)

Focus XT™ Notes: This was an excellent replacement to my standard energy drinks I use on the road. They would both mess my stomach up and would give me ulcers in my mouth. I may not use this daily at work but long haul days involving training and driving it will be used. No doubt.

I'm going to get some rest.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Hope you had a great time bro. Glad you didnt crash off the road via fatigue. Ive been learning while i watch criminals and messed up people operate. It reminds me just how important family is to everyone. when the family scene is intact id gove anyone a 2:1 advatage for success. And anytime youve spent time with family, people you miss or need, your less likely to do things like give someone the finger or have road rage. Just feels good like your not "you" with out a few good people around you. hope your feeling full, this focus xt is sounding good.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Glad you had a safe trip and glad that it seems to be working better for you now.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't been to work in a couple so putting off useage tuntil then. I have a long training day due on tuesday too. Gonna make special interest then.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Training classes are rife with nodding off....

(I'm in a week-long one on design of chemical processing equipment this week. It's so damn hard to stay awake while talking about stupid heat exchangers and distillation towers.
But - at least in my classes, I don't get shot at or pistol whipped when I nod off. :lol:)