Gator762's ALRI Thryrogen-X log

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Gator762's ALRI Thyrogen-X log

I just started up with ALRI's Thyrogen-X.
    ALRI - T-X: The New Weapon in the War Against Fat
    ETA: The recommended dose is 2-3 pills per day. I am taking 3.

As a reference, for the past 6 weeks I have been taking creatine, and have progressed from 174 @ 16.6% BF, to 179 @ 16.1% BF. (Gym measurements). I will continue to use the creatine and all other supplements listed for consistency.

Sex: Male
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 178.5 (my bathroom scale)
    BF: 16.1%
    ETA: Forgot starting measurements! Taken 9/11, two days before starting.
    Lower Chest: 42 1/4"
    Waist: 33 1/2"
    R Arm: 15 5/8"
    L Arm 15 1/4"
    R Leg 6" from knee: 20 1/8"
    L Leg 6" from knee: 20 1/4"

Current training schedule/ Protocol: My latest schedule is 3 days on, 1 day off, with an extra rest day when I am feeling worn out. I do 35 minutes light intensity cardio 2 of the 4 days. (1 Chest/Tri + cardio, 2 Legs, 3 Back/Bi/Rear Delt + cardio, 4-off). ETA Unless otherwise noted, cardio is performed in the AM on an empty stomach.

Current Nutrition/Macros:
    2000-2200 calories on off days, 2600-3000 on training days. I maintain a daily log with macronutrient breakdown, and I try to maintain 40 pro / 40 carb / 20 fat.

Current Supplements:
    Creatine 5g/day
    Glutamine 5g/day
    Cytosport Whey, Muscle Milk
    Bulk AAKG ~2800mg/day
    Bulk USP Cissus ~3600mg/day
    Fish oil when I don't get enough dietary fat.
    Multivitamin, Zinc, Vit E, Vit C, 25mg L-Ornithine+500mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine. ECA stack before cardio.

Current Daily water intake: 108-132 oz.

2. Banned
    Answers

Sounds good man. I bought a couple bottles of this stuff but have yet to try it.
  3. Banned
    Answers

Good luck with your log!!!!! Its gonna ROCK
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks all! Hope this brings my BF down, gotta get those abs!

Day 1
    Calories: 2000
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~39/33/25
    Cardio: ArcTrainer 40 mins, ~650 Cals.

Had a good Chest/Tri/Ab workout, but the day after I feel tired. I didn't eat nearly enough... I should have had about 800-1000 more calories. Had a bigger breakfast to help recover.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I'm going to be starting my log tomorrow, I'll be keeping an eye on your log as well.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Are you taking 3 thyrogen a day?
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Good point joebo, I am taking 3 a day.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

How are you spacing out your doses?
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by joebo
    How are you spacing out your doses?
    The bottle says to take one 2-3 times a day with a meal, so I'm doing one with breakfast, one in the afternoon, and one with dinner.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Day 2
    Calories: ~4800
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~22/32/43
    Cardio: None
    Weight (AM): 176.5

Ugh. Worked Legs. Felt pretty tired and lousy in the morning, but a bit better later on. Went out to eat to catch up on calories, but with that fried food overshot it big time. (Keep in mind estimation today). Had to do unlimited shrimp.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Just curious as I just took my first pill this morning. What time is your last dose and has it affected your sleep at all?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

It's too early to tell, but I don't think it's changing my sleep patterns. I'll let you know later when I have taken Thyrogen-X for a longer period of time.

Here's a pic the night before taking Thyrogen-X:
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Day 3
    Calories: 2900
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 39/34/24
    Cardio: 700 cal
    Weight (AM): 178.5
    Notes: Still managed to get a good Back/Rear Delt/Bi workout in, despite feeling the leg workout from yesterday and morning cardio. After caffeine wore off I was toast, there was no way I was going out!
  14. Registered User
    Answers

good luck with your log but what is tx supposed to do?
  15. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JonasDavidsson
    good luck with your log but what is tx supposed to do?

It increases metabolism, lowers cortisol levels and helps you burn fat as if you were doing alot of cardio, thats the short version
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Day 4
    Calories: 2765
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 25/42/25
    Cardio: 200 cal
    Weight (AM): 176
    Notes: Day off of training.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Day 5
    Calories: 2624
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 27/25/45
    Cardio: 556 cal
    Weight (AM): 177.5
    Notes: Chest/Tri/Ab day. Despite being tired, went pretty well with decent strength gains. Out to eat (again!) the fat content pretty high, but damn those ribs were good. Still, I have 180g protein for the day, and I'm under for calories, so it shouldn't be too bad.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Keep hittin it hard Gator :bb:
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Will do, thanks Viperspit. I just gotta get more eating in... Still hitting the weights hard!

Day 6
    Calories: 2995
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 40/35/26
    Cardio: none
    Weight (AM): 177
    Notes: Leg day. Pretty tired after the workout, but went without caffeine or anything else.
  20. Banned
    Answers

What do your workouts look like? Are you doing any cardio at all?
  21. Registered User
    Answers

I've been doing three sets per exercise on a three day split, with cardio on two of the days. A few weeks ago I changed the routine to catch up my chest, working chest only twice a day every other day for 9 days. I went back to the three day split before the Thyrogen-X. I discovered that even after only 9 days I wasn't used to the 3 day split and felt like my CNS was getting fried, so two days ago I tried dropping the the sets to two per exercise. I figure this should be OK since each bodypart is basically getting worked twice a week.

Day 1
    Chest:
    Incline Machine Press
    Decline DB Press
    Machine Flyes
    Triceps:
    Narrow Grip Bench Press
    Triceps Cable Extension with Rope
    Abs:
    Machine: 175 to failure, 115 to failure, Leg Raises to failure with no rest inbetween. Then alternating crunches for obliques.
    Cardio: was doing 35-40 minutes, cutting down to 20-25.

Day 2
    Legs:
    Leg Press
    Quad Extension
    Seated Hamstring thingamajiggie
    Seated Calf Raises

Day 3:
    Back:
    Narrow Grip Pulldowns
    Seated Rows
    Biceps:
    Standing barbell curl
    45 Deg. DB Curls
    Rear Delt:
    Rear Delt Machine press
    Cardio

Day 4:
    Rest

You'll notice the narrow grip and some machine use, my shoulder is pretty stable now, but I don't want to blow it. I'm making pretty good progression with the machines so far, so I will wait longer and then progressively work in more free weight exercises.
  22. Banned
    Answers

Gator........Your an animal if you can train that much, I know I couldnt do it. What happened to your shoulder?
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Back in '02 I dislocated the shoulder and broke my arm in a motorcycle racing crash. I went through PT but then dislocated it more times than I can count afterward, so in 03 I had surgery to tighten it up. PT again afterward, then after another 6 months or so dislocated it once more, with some subluxations too. A few more sessions of PT.

So after all that I'm figuring PT alone wasn't cutting it. This January I talked to my orthopedic surgeon that I wanted to start lifting again, and he cautioned me to take it easy, with no pressing or overhead movements. I thought the minimum weight on the pressing machine would be OK, but sure enough it hurt like hell and I was sore like hell for over a week. Then I just left it to biceps and triceps only, after a month or so added real light close grip back work. I progressively went heavier until May, where I was able to start pressing movements without it hurting too bad. I kept adding weight and in June I was starting to lift real weights again! The best part with the weight training is that my shoulder is the most stable it has ever been since the accident. Woot!
  24. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gator762
    Back in '02 I dislocated the shoulder and broke my arm in a motorcycle racing crash. I went through PT but then dislocated it more times than I can count afterward, so in 03 I had surgery to tighten it up. PT again afterward, then after another 6 months or so dislocated it once more, with some subluxations too. A few more sessions of PT.

So after all that I'm figuring PT alone wasn't cutting it. This January I talked to my orthopedic surgeon that I wanted to start lifting again, and he cautioned me to take it easy, with no pressing or overhead movements. I thought the minimum weight on the pressing machine would be OK, but sure enough it hurt like hell and I was sore like hell for over a week. Then I just left it to biceps and triceps only, after a month or so added real light close grip back work. I progressively went heavier until May, where I was able to start pressing movements without it hurting too bad. I kept adding weight and in June I was starting to lift real weights again! The best part with the weight training is that my shoulder is the most stable it has ever been since the accident. Woot!

Ouch I have had my right shoulder completely rebuilt twice, so I know what you have been through, its tough. I started light too, very light last august on machines, then in February of this year I went to more dumbbells, and now Im all free weights. If taken slow and steady with caution the results can be great I feel very fortunate that I have made it this far seeing where I came from. I never want to go through all that crap again!
  25. Registered User
    Answers

I hear ya. With the crap I went through I never thought I would get back to the shape I was in, but now I can see it's possible! I've said it before, but that back shot in your avatar is great! You're an inspiration now that I hear you had shoulder problems too!

Day 7
    Calories: 3216
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 33/38/29
    Cardio: 480 cals
    Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps day. Had a good pump, think there may be some fat loss going on, veins in biceps starting to show a little more. Gotta keep that fat burning!
    This is the second three day split with one day rest inbetween. Will probably take a second rest day.
  26. Board Supporter
    Answers

Gator,

Great log so far...I will be following as I am interested in this product as well.
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks! I'll keep it up.

Day 8
    Calories: 2284
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 35/40/24
    Notes: Day off. Felt like I really needed it too. Took a 2 hour nap in addition to sleeping 9 hours! But I felt much better afterward.
  28. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gator762
    Thanks! I'll keep it up.

Day 8
    Calories: 2284
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 35/40/24
    Notes: Day off. Felt like I really needed it too. Took a 2 hour nap in addition to sleeping 9 hours! But I felt much better afterward.

You may want to think about raising your protein to 40 % and lower the fat to 20%.

Ok, all rested, now lets kick some booty on that IRON
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Yeah, the 40/40/20 is what I shoot for, but sometimes I miss. I don't do any canned diets, just eat whatever I want with Excel guiding me.
    I weigh my food after cooking, so beforehand I'm estimating. I think that's why I stray off a bit.

But I still like to try to get the macros even with each meal, for example if I am too heavy on carbs I won't skip carbs on a meal to make up for it - nutritionally I think that's worse. But I did come closer today.

Day 10
    Calories: 2345
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 41/34/25
    Cardio: 400 cal
    Notes: Extra day off. Did cardio in the morning - 20 minutes ArcTrainer (elliptical-esque) and then Tabata sprints on the treadmill. First time with Tabata sprints, dear gawd that is not for the meek. Felt that all day. The bright side is that it gave me a nice buzz for 5 minutes.
  30. Registered User
    Answers

Day 11
    Calories: ~ 3686
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~ 31/34/26
    Cardio: 525 cal
    Weight (AM): 175
    Notes: Chest/Tri/Abs. Felt pretty good and had moderate gains in strength. Did 30 mins AM cardio, and another Tabata sprint session post-workout. I downed 1/2 my post-wo shake before hand, and it felt pretty good. It didn't kick my butt so bad, even though I slightly increased the speed. (Unless otherwise noted, my cardio is in the AM on an empty stomach).
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Day 12
    Calories: ~ 3955
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~ 26/38/27
    Notes: Leg day. Went a little lighter. Quads were really burning from the two previous days with Tabata sprints!
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Day 13
    Calories: 2545
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~ 36/42/24
    Weight (AM): 178
    Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Was really tired, downed some coffee and hit the gym. Still made some progress, but almost blew chunks. Skipped cardio because I wasn't feeling well at all. Glad next day (today) is an off day!
  33. Registered User
    Answers

Day 14
    Calories: 1960
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 40/42/20
    Cardio: ~250
    Weight (AM): 176.5
    Notes: A day off, but went swimming for a 1/2 hour at night. Started getting pain in L wrist a while ago but so far it has not effected my lifts. Since day 11 I have been taping it up for workouts.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Just curious.... How are you calculating your macros? Just noticed your last post added up to 102% and one before was 91%
  35. Registered User
    Answers

LOL, I was thinking of mentioning that in today's post too!

I use Excel, for one I round to the nearest whole number. I also take whatever nutritional info provided and have Excel multiply the carbs and protein by 4, and fat by 9.

I just did a search, because I couldn't remember the exact numbers - carbs are actually 3.6 cals per gram, and protein 4.1 or 4.2. The FDA allows labelers to round numbers.
    The case of the missing calories - calculating calorie count - Answering Machine Vegetarian Times - Find Articles
  36. Registered User
    Answers

Day 15
    Calories: 2955
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 38/41/23
    Cardio: 530
    Notes: Chest/Tri/Abs day. First time with no strength gains - starting to think the HIIT Tabata sprints are too much with my routine. On the 4th interval I thought I was gonna lose dinner.

Have done them 3x in one week, thinking of just once or cut them out until I change my schedule. Over the past 4 days now I've felt a bit tired, haven't slept as well, some stomach distress and have had a headache as well.
  37. Banned
    Answers

Are you doing the 2x or the 3x dosing? How are the gains so far?
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Read the first few lines of the first post.
    Taking 3 pills a day. Bottle indicates the dose as 2-3 per day.
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Day 16
    Calories: 2114
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 22/37/42
    Notes: Scheduled leg day. Was really lagging today. I was feeling really burned out and worked all day, and decided to skip legs. First day that I fell short on 1g protein per pound bodyweight per day.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Day 17
    Calories: 2982
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 39/34/26
    Cardio: 373
    Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Glad I skipped legs - all the HIIT/Tabata sprints were killing my legs. Didn't feel so burned out, and looked forward to hitting the gym. I had a good workout with decent strength gains. Still have the morning headaches though, even on the morning of day 18.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chops411 ALRI TRI-Lean Log
    By chops411 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 05:25 PM
  2. SmithsonGA ALRI Evolution Sponsored Log
    By smithsonga in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 06:56 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 06:36 PM