Gator762's ALRI Thryrogen-X log

Gator762

Awards
Gator762's ALRI Thyrogen-X log

I just started up with ALRI's Thyrogen-X.
ALRI - T-X: The New Weapon in the War Against Fat
ETA: The recommended dose is 2-3 pills per day. I am taking 3.

As a reference, for the past 6 weeks I have been taking creatine, and have progressed from 174 @ 16.6% BF, to 179 @ 16.1% BF. (Gym measurements). I will continue to use the creatine and all other supplements listed for consistency.

Sex: Male
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 178.5 (my bathroom scale)
BF: 16.1%
ETA: Forgot starting measurements! Taken 9/11, two days before starting.
Lower Chest: 42 1/4"
Waist: 33 1/2"
R Arm: 15 5/8"
L Arm 15 1/4"
R Leg 6" from knee: 20 1/8"
L Leg 6" from knee: 20 1/4"

Current training schedule/ Protocol: My latest schedule is 3 days on, 1 day off, with an extra rest day when I am feeling worn out. I do 35 minutes light intensity cardio 2 of the 4 days. (1 Chest/Tri + cardio, 2 Legs, 3 Back/Bi/Rear Delt + cardio, 4-off). ETA Unless otherwise noted, cardio is performed in the AM on an empty stomach.

Current Nutrition/Macros:
2000-2200 calories on off days, 2600-3000 on training days. I maintain a daily log with macronutrient breakdown, and I try to maintain 40 pro / 40 carb / 20 fat.

Current Supplements:
Creatine 5g/day
Glutamine 5g/day
Cytosport Whey, Muscle Milk
Bulk AAKG ~2800mg/day
Bulk USP Cissus ~3600mg/day
Fish oil when I don't get enough dietary fat.
Multivitamin, Zinc, Vit E, Vit C, 25mg L-Ornithine+500mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine. ECA stack before cardio.

Current Daily water intake: 108-132 oz.

SwollOnIron

Banned
Awards
Sounds good man. I bought a couple bottles of this stuff but have yet to try it.

Gator762

Awards
Thanks all! Hope this brings my BF down, gotta get those abs!

Day 1
Calories: 2000
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~39/33/25
Cardio: ArcTrainer 40 mins, ~650 Cals.

Had a good Chest/Tri/Ab workout, but the day after I feel tired. I didn't eat nearly enough... I should have had about 800-1000 more calories. Had a bigger breakfast to help recover.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be starting my log tomorrow, I'll be keeping an eye on your log as well.

Gator762

Awards
How are you spacing out your doses?
The bottle says to take one 2-3 times a day with a meal, so I'm doing one with breakfast, one in the afternoon, and one with dinner.

Gator762

Awards
Day 2
Calories: ~4800
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~22/32/43
Cardio: None
Weight (AM): 176.5

Ugh. Worked Legs. Felt pretty tired and lousy in the morning, but a bit better later on. Went out to eat to catch up on calories, but with that fried food overshot it big time. (Keep in mind estimation today). Had to do unlimited shrimp. ;)

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just curious as I just took my first pill this morning. What time is your last dose and has it affected your sleep at all?

Gator762

Awards
It's too early to tell, but I don't think it's changing my sleep patterns. I'll let you know later when I have taken Thyrogen-X for a longer period of time.

Here's a pic the night before taking Thyrogen-X:

Gator762

Awards
Day 3
Calories: 2900
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 39/34/24
Cardio: 700 cal
Weight (AM): 178.5
Notes: Still managed to get a good Back/Rear Delt/Bi workout in, despite feeling the leg workout from yesterday and morning cardio. After caffeine wore off I was toast, there was no way I was going out!

JonasDavidsson

Awards
good luck with your log but what is tx supposed to do?

Gator762

Awards
Day 4
Calories: 2765
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 25/42/25
Cardio: 200 cal
Weight (AM): 176
Notes: Day off of training.

Gator762

Awards
Day 5
Calories: 2624
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 27/25/45
Cardio: 556 cal
Weight (AM): 177.5
Notes: Chest/Tri/Ab day. Despite being tired, went pretty well with decent strength gains. Out to eat (again!) the fat content pretty high, but damn those ribs were good. Still, I have 180g protein for the day, and I'm under for calories, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Gator762

Awards
Will do, thanks Viperspit. I just gotta get more eating in... Still hitting the weights hard!

Day 6
Calories: 2995
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 40/35/26
Cardio: none
Weight (AM): 177
Notes: Leg day. Pretty tired after the workout, but went without caffeine or anything else.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What do your workouts look like? Are you doing any cardio at all?

Gator762

Awards
I've been doing three sets per exercise on a three day split, with cardio on two of the days. A few weeks ago I changed the routine to catch up my chest, working chest only twice a day every other day for 9 days. I went back to the three day split before the Thyrogen-X. I discovered that even after only 9 days I wasn't used to the 3 day split and felt like my CNS was getting fried, so two days ago I tried dropping the the sets to two per exercise. I figure this should be OK since each bodypart is basically getting worked twice a week.

Day 1
Chest:
Incline Machine Press
Decline DB Press
Machine Flyes
Triceps:
Narrow Grip Bench Press
Triceps Cable Extension with Rope
Abs:
Machine: 175 to failure, 115 to failure, Leg Raises to failure with no rest inbetween. Then alternating crunches for obliques.
Cardio: was doing 35-40 minutes, cutting down to 20-25.

Day 2
Legs:
Leg Press
Quad Extension
Seated Hamstring thingamajiggie
Seated Calf Raises

Day 3:
Back:
Narrow Grip Pulldowns
Seated Rows
Biceps:
Standing barbell curl
45 Deg. DB Curls
Rear Delt:
Rear Delt Machine press
Cardio

Day 4:
Rest

You'll notice the narrow grip and some machine use, my shoulder is pretty stable now, but I don't want to blow it. I'm making pretty good progression with the machines so far, so I will wait longer and then progressively work in more free weight exercises.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gator........Your an animal if you can train that much, I know I couldnt do it. What happened to your shoulder?

Gator762

Awards
Back in '02 I dislocated the shoulder and broke my arm in a motorcycle racing crash. I went through PT but then dislocated it more times than I can count afterward, so in 03 I had surgery to tighten it up. PT again afterward, then after another 6 months or so dislocated it once more, with some subluxations too. A few more sessions of PT.

So after all that I'm figuring PT alone wasn't cutting it. This January I talked to my orthopedic surgeon that I wanted to start lifting again, and he cautioned me to take it easy, with no pressing or overhead movements. I thought the minimum weight on the pressing machine would be OK, but sure enough it hurt like hell and I was sore like hell for over a week. Then I just left it to biceps and triceps only, after a month or so added real light close grip back work. I progressively went heavier until May, where I was able to start pressing movements without it hurting too bad. I kept adding weight and in June I was starting to lift real weights again! The best part with the weight training is that my shoulder is the most stable it has ever been since the accident. Woot! :)

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Back in '02 I dislocated the shoulder and broke my arm in a motorcycle racing crash. I went through PT but then dislocated it more times than I can count afterward, so in 03 I had surgery to tighten it up. PT again afterward, then after another 6 months or so dislocated it once more, with some subluxations too. A few more sessions of PT.

So after all that I'm figuring PT alone wasn't cutting it. This January I talked to my orthopedic surgeon that I wanted to start lifting again, and he cautioned me to take it easy, with no pressing or overhead movements. I thought the minimum weight on the pressing machine would be OK, but sure enough it hurt like hell and I was sore like hell for over a week. Then I just left it to biceps and triceps only, after a month or so added real light close grip back work. I progressively went heavier until May, where I was able to start pressing movements without it hurting too bad. I kept adding weight and in June I was starting to lift real weights again! The best part with the weight training is that my shoulder is the most stable it has ever been since the accident. Woot! :)

Ouch :( I have had my right shoulder completely rebuilt twice, so I know what you have been through, its tough. I started light too, very light last august on machines, then in February of this year I went to more dumbbells, and now Im all free weights. If taken slow and steady with caution the results can be great :) I feel very fortunate that I have made it this far seeing where I came from. I never want to go through all that crap again!

Gator762

Awards
I hear ya. With the crap I went through I never thought I would get back to the shape I was in, but now I can see it's possible! I've said it before, but that back shot in your avatar is great! You're an inspiration now that I hear you had shoulder problems too! ;)

Day 7
Calories: 3216
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 33/38/29
Cardio: 480 cals
Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps day. Had a good pump, think there may be some fat loss going on, veins in biceps starting to show a little more. Gotta keep that fat burning!
This is the second three day split with one day rest inbetween. Will probably take a second rest day.

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Gator,

Great log so far...I will be following as I am interested in this product as well.

Gator762

Awards
Thanks! I'll keep it up. :)

Day 8
Calories: 2284
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 35/40/24
Notes: Day off. Felt like I really needed it too. Took a 2 hour nap in addition to sleeping 9 hours! But I felt much better afterward.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I'll keep it up. :)

Day 8
Calories: 2284
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 35/40/24
Notes: Day off. Felt like I really needed it too. Took a 2 hour nap in addition to sleeping 9 hours! But I felt much better afterward.

You may want to think about raising your protein to 40 % and lower the fat to 20%.

Ok, all rested, now lets kick some booty on that IRON :)

Gator762

Awards
Yeah, the 40/40/20 is what I shoot for, but sometimes I miss. I don't do any canned diets, just eat whatever I want with Excel guiding me. :D
I weigh my food after cooking, so beforehand I'm estimating. I think that's why I stray off a bit.

But I still like to try to get the macros even with each meal, for example if I am too heavy on carbs I won't skip carbs on a meal to make up for it - nutritionally I think that's worse. But I did come closer today. ;)

Day 10
Calories: 2345
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 41/34/25
Cardio: 400 cal
Notes: Extra day off. Did cardio in the morning - 20 minutes ArcTrainer (elliptical-esque) and then Tabata sprints on the treadmill. First time with Tabata sprints, dear gawd that is not for the meek. Felt that all day. The bright side is that it gave me a nice buzz for 5 minutes. ;)

Gator762

Awards
Day 11
Calories: ~ 3686
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~ 31/34/26
Cardio: 525 cal
Weight (AM): 175
Notes: Chest/Tri/Abs. Felt pretty good and had moderate gains in strength. Did 30 mins AM cardio, and another Tabata sprint session post-workout. I downed 1/2 my post-wo shake before hand, and it felt pretty good. It didn't kick my butt so bad, even though I slightly increased the speed. (Unless otherwise noted, my cardio is in the AM on an empty stomach).

Gator762

Awards
Day 12
Calories: ~ 3955
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~ 26/38/27
Notes: Leg day. Went a little lighter. Quads were really burning from the two previous days with Tabata sprints!

Gator762

Awards
Day 13
Calories: 2545
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~ 36/42/24
Weight (AM): 178
Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Was really tired, downed some coffee and hit the gym. Still made some progress, but almost blew chunks. Skipped cardio because I wasn't feeling well at all. Glad next day (today) is an off day!

Gator762

Awards
Day 14
Calories: 1960
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 40/42/20
Cardio: ~250
Notes: A day off, but went swimming for a 1/2 hour at night. Started getting pain in L wrist a while ago but so far it has not effected my lifts. Since day 11 I have been taping it up for workouts.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just curious.... How are you calculating your macros? Just noticed your last post added up to 102% and one before was 91%

Gator762

Awards
LOL, I was thinking of mentioning that in today's post too! :)

I use Excel, for one I round to the nearest whole number. I also take whatever nutritional info provided and have Excel multiply the carbs and protein by 4, and fat by 9.

I just did a search, because I couldn't remember the exact numbers - carbs are actually 3.6 cals per gram, and protein 4.1 or 4.2. The FDA allows labelers to round numbers.
The case of the missing calories - calculating calorie count - Answering Machine Vegetarian Times - Find Articles

Gator762

Awards
Day 15
Calories: 2955
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 38/41/23
Cardio: 530
Notes: Chest/Tri/Abs day. First time with no strength gains - starting to think the HIIT Tabata sprints are too much with my routine. On the 4th interval I thought I was gonna lose dinner. :eek:

Have done them 3x in one week, thinking of just once or cut them out until I change my schedule. Over the past 4 days now I've felt a bit tired, haven't slept as well, some stomach distress and have had a headache as well.

PROD1GY

Banned
Awards
Are you doing the 2x or the 3x dosing? How are the gains so far?

Gator762

Awards
Read the first few lines of the first post. ;)
Taking 3 pills a day. Bottle indicates the dose as 2-3 per day.

Gator762

Awards
Day 16
Calories: 2114
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 22/37/42
Notes: Scheduled leg day. Was really lagging today. I was feeling really burned out and worked all day, and decided to skip legs. First day that I fell short on 1g protein per pound bodyweight per day.

Gator762

Awards
Day 17
Calories: 2982
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 39/34/26
Cardio: 373
Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Glad I skipped legs - all the HIIT/Tabata sprints were killing my legs. Didn't feel so burned out, and looked forward to hitting the gym. I had a good workout with decent strength gains. Still have the morning headaches though, even on the morning of day 18.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Day 17
Calories: 2982
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 39/34/26
Cardio: 373
Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Glad I skipped legs - all the HIIT/Tabata sprints were killing my legs. Didn't feel so burned out, and looked forward to hitting the gym. I had a good workout with decent strength gains. Still have the morning headaches though, even on the morning of day 18.
Although i haven't noted it in my log, I too have been getting morning headaches.....I have been attributing it to allergies, but now you got me thinking....

Gator762

Awards
Day 18
Calories: 2846
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 23/37/21
Weight (AM): Didn't weigh in.
Notes: Off day. Headache in the morning.

Gator762

Awards
Day 19
Calories: 3223
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 33/30/19
Cardio: 400
Weight (AM): 175.5
Notes: Chest/Triceps/Abs. Morning headache again. Almost no progression with chest and tricep exercises. Seem to have hit a plateau.

Macros count up a little short, it was Sat. Night, had some alky. :D

Gator762

Awards
Day 20
Calories: 2661
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 35/44/20
Notes: Legs. Morning headache again, skipped the L-Ornithine/Acetyl L-Carnitine combo but had some drinks last night. (I have been taking this at night since Jan).

Went a little lighter, as my knees have been feeling bad. Stepped back 10 pounds and kept reps the same to progressively go back up.

Gator762

Awards
Although i haven't noted it in my log, I too have been getting morning headaches.....I have been attributing it to allergies, but now you got me thinking....
Hmm... I dunno what to think. I didn't start having headaches until day 15. I attributed it to early warning signs of overtraining, but now that you mention it I am not sure. I have the next two days off of weights, with just some cardio tomorrow. I'll see how they go after the rest.

I think I'll keep my split to this
3 weights / 1 full rest
3 weights / 1 rest + Tabata sprints / 1 full rest

I can keep up doing the HIIT to keep my metabolism up, almost once per week interval. On the outside days of weights I do low-intensity cardio (65% max HR).

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Now this morning I didn't really have a headache. Almost felt like i was going to, then its gone. Blood pressure is fine as I just got it checked when i went for my allergy shot. Why it comes on hours after my last dose is odd, but it leaves quickly and today and actually the past couple days it was non existant.

Gator762

Awards
Again I had a headache in the morning. It wasn't quite as bad as the days before. I never get the headaches after a dose. I don't get them later in the day, but early in the am - I have them when I wake up.

Day 21
Calories: 2801
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 24/36/35
Cardio: 420
Weight (AM): 175.5
Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Slight gains in strength. I had a headache in the morning, but not quite as bad as the days before.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gator, you may have low blood sugar in the morning, if the headache goes away after eating that is prolly it. Do you drink a shake before bed or eat cottage cheese before bed?

Gator762

Awards
I'll have to look out for that, but I don't think it goes away necessarily after eating. I do cardio on an empty stomach, and if I remember right it goes away during cardio. I've been taking Ibuprofen when I wake these past days with the headaches.

Day 22
Calories: 2277
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 30/41/26
Cardio: 151
Weight (AM): 177.5
Notes: Off day. Did HIIT Tabata sprints in the evening. Was easier than last time at last speed (10.0). Had a headache again in the morning.

Gator762

Awards
Day 22
Calories: 2234
Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 27/35/37
Notes: Off day. No cardio. Had a headache in the morning.