Gator762's ALRI Thryrogen-X log

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Day 12
    Calories: ~ 3955
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~ 26/38/27
    Cardio: None
    Weight (AM): 177
    Notes: Leg day. Went a little lighter. Quads were really burning from the two previous days with Tabata sprints!

2. Day 13
    Calories: 2545
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~ 36/42/24
    Weight (AM): 178
    Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Was really tired, downed some coffee and hit the gym. Still made some progress, but almost blew chunks. Skipped cardio because I wasn't feeling well at all. Glad next day (today) is an off day!
    •   

3. Day 14
    Calories: 1960
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 40/42/20
    Cardio: ~250
    Weight (AM): 176.5
    Notes: A day off, but went swimming for a 1/2 hour at night. Started getting pain in L wrist a while ago but so far it has not effected my lifts. Since day 11 I have been taping it up for workouts.

4. Just curious.... How are you calculating your macros? Just noticed your last post added up to 102% and one before was 91%

5. LOL, I was thinking of mentioning that in today's post too!

I use Excel, for one I round to the nearest whole number. I also take whatever nutritional info provided and have Excel multiply the carbs and protein by 4, and fat by 9.

I just did a search, because I couldn't remember the exact numbers - carbs are actually 3.6 cals per gram, and protein 4.1 or 4.2. The FDA allows labelers to round numbers.
    The case of the missing calories - calculating calorie count - Answering Machine Vegetarian Times - Find Articles
    •   

6. Day 15
    Calories: 2955
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 38/41/23
    Cardio: 530
    Weight (AM): 176
    Notes: Chest/Tri/Abs day. First time with no strength gains - starting to think the HIIT Tabata sprints are too much with my routine. On the 4th interval I thought I was gonna lose dinner.

Have done them 3x in one week, thinking of just once or cut them out until I change my schedule. Over the past 4 days now I've felt a bit tired, haven't slept as well, some stomach distress and have had a headache as well.

7. Are you doing the 2x or the 3x dosing? How are the gains so far?

8. Read the first few lines of the first post.
    Taking 3 pills a day. Bottle indicates the dose as 2-3 per day.

9. Day 16
    Calories: 2114
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 22/37/42
    Notes: Scheduled leg day. Was really lagging today. I was feeling really burned out and worked all day, and decided to skip legs. First day that I fell short on 1g protein per pound bodyweight per day.

10. Day 17
    Calories: 2982
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 39/34/26
    Cardio: 373
    Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Glad I skipped legs - all the HIIT/Tabata sprints were killing my legs. Didn't feel so burned out, and looked forward to hitting the gym. I had a good workout with decent strength gains. Still have the morning headaches though, even on the morning of day 18.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Gator762
    Day 17
    Calories: 2982
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 39/34/26
    Cardio: 373
    Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Glad I skipped legs - all the HIIT/Tabata sprints were killing my legs. Didn't feel so burned out, and looked forward to hitting the gym. I had a good workout with decent strength gains. Still have the morning headaches though, even on the morning of day 18.
    Although i haven't noted it in my log, I too have been getting morning headaches.....I have been attributing it to allergies, but now you got me thinking....

12. Day 18
    Calories: 2846
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 23/37/21
    Weight (AM): Didn't weigh in.
    Notes: Off day. Headache in the morning.

13. Day 19
    Calories: 3223
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 33/30/19
    Cardio: 400
    Weight (AM): 175.5
    Notes: Chest/Triceps/Abs. Morning headache again. Almost no progression with chest and tricep exercises. Seem to have hit a plateau.

Macros count up a little short, it was Sat. Night, had some alky.

14. Day 20
    Calories: 2661
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 35/44/20
    Weight (AM): 176.5
    Notes: Legs. Morning headache again, skipped the L-Ornithine/Acetyl L-Carnitine combo but had some drinks last night. (I have been taking this at night since Jan).

Went a little lighter, as my knees have been feeling bad. Stepped back 10 pounds and kept reps the same to progressively go back up.

15. Quote Originally Posted by joebo
    Although i haven't noted it in my log, I too have been getting morning headaches.....I have been attributing it to allergies, but now you got me thinking....
    Hmm... I dunno what to think. I didn't start having headaches until day 15. I attributed it to early warning signs of overtraining, but now that you mention it I am not sure. I have the next two days off of weights, with just some cardio tomorrow. I'll see how they go after the rest.

I think I'll keep my split to this
    3 weights / 1 full rest
    3 weights / 1 rest + Tabata sprints / 1 full rest

I can keep up doing the HIIT to keep my metabolism up, almost once per week interval. On the outside days of weights I do low-intensity cardio (65% max HR).

16. Now this morning I didn't really have a headache. Almost felt like i was going to, then its gone. Blood pressure is fine as I just got it checked when i went for my allergy shot. Why it comes on hours after my last dose is odd, but it leaves quickly and today and actually the past couple days it was non existant.

17. Again I had a headache in the morning. It wasn't quite as bad as the days before. I never get the headaches after a dose. I don't get them later in the day, but early in the am - I have them when I wake up.

Day 21
    Calories: 2801
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 24/36/35
    Cardio: 420
    Weight (AM): 175.5
    Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Slight gains in strength. I had a headache in the morning, but not quite as bad as the days before.

18. Gator, you may have low blood sugar in the morning, if the headache goes away after eating that is prolly it. Do you drink a shake before bed or eat cottage cheese before bed?

19. I'll have to look out for that, but I don't think it goes away necessarily after eating. I do cardio on an empty stomach, and if I remember right it goes away during cardio. I've been taking Ibuprofen when I wake these past days with the headaches.

Day 22
    Calories: 2277
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 30/41/26
    Cardio: 151
    Weight (AM): 177.5
    Notes: Off day. Did HIIT Tabata sprints in the evening. Was easier than last time at last speed (10.0). Had a headache again in the morning.

20. Day 22
    Calories: 2234
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 27/35/37
    Weight (AM): 177
    Notes: Off day. No cardio. Had a headache in the morning.

21. Day 23
    Calories: 3170
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 25/43/26
    Cardio: 400 cal.
    Weight (AM): 177/175.5
    Notes: Chest/Triceps. Having more carbs lately, but no difference with the headaches. Had a headache again in the morning.

22. Day 24
    Calories: 2304
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 42/39/21
    Cardio: None.
    Weight (AM): 175
    Notes: Legs. Morning headache (noted earlier). Did leg press one leg at a time high on platform to strengthen glutes.

23. Day 25
    No Thyrogen-X
    Calories: 2474
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 31/38/23
    Cardio: 380.
    Weight (AM): 175 home - 174 gym
    Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Really tired today. Skipped Thyrogen-X today to see if that would help with the headaches. A bit less of a headache the following morning.

24. Day 26
    No Thyrogen-X
    Calories: ~3357
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~27/39/33
    Weight (AM): 176.5 Home
    Notes: Home scale may be a bit wonky. Skipped the Thyrogen-X a second day, and on the following morning no headache. But I noteably changed a few things:
    - I've been real tired the last few days, and took this day as a refeed day.
    - I ate before going to bed. Normally I do not eat at least 3 hours prior to bed.
    - I skipped my ALCAR L-Ornithine nighttime cocktail, as it is only good on an empty stomach. (I have taken this since Jan. with no headaches, for slight GH boost. Who knows, could be the combination of this and TX).

25. Quote Originally Posted by Gator762
    Day 26
    No Thyrogen-X
    Calories: ~3357
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ~27/39/33
    Weight (AM): 176.5 Home
    Notes: Home scale may be a bit wonky. Skipped the Thyrogen-X a second day, and on the following morning no headache. But I noteably changed a few things:
    - I've been real tired the last few days, and took this day as a refeed day.
    - I ate before going to bed. Normally I do not eat at least 3 hours prior to bed.
    - I skipped my ALCAR L-Ornithine nighttime cocktail, as it is only good on an empty stomach.

I think the headaches are related as I still have them. Have you had any real loss or leaning?

26. I seem to have some leaning and gains - I'm so close to 30 days now I'm gonna wait for the pics. I'll also take measurements.

27. Day 27
    Calories: 2723
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 38/32/30
    Cardio: 400
    Weight (AM): 177.5 Home
    Notes:Chest/Triceps/Abs. Took Thyrogen-X again. Worked lighter on Chest and Tricep exercises, 12 reps with most exercises. Felt good after the refeed day, and felt like I got a good workout in.

28. Day 28
    Calories: ?
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: ?
    Weight (AM): 177.5 Home
    Notes: Legs day. Had to work quick - only one set per exercise after warmup. Don't know about calories, I was out of town for a job until 10, didn't get to log, and there is no nutritional info for the restaraunt I was at. Don't think I can even provide a good guesstimate so I'll leave it out. Had a mild headache in the morning.

29. Day 29
    Calories: 2612
    Macro Pro/Carb/Fat: 33/33/32
    Cardio: 380
    Weight (AM): 177 Home/175 Gym
    Notes: Back/Rear Delt/Biceps. Headache in the morning again, worse than yesterday. Did a lighter workout with back as well, sets of 10-12 reps, not at the RM. Workout felt good, had pretty good pump.

(I enter the logs the following day - on day 30, my headache wasn't as bad this morning, mild like day 28).

30. One more day Gator, then I look forward to your final review, aside from the headaches I hope you did gain some benefits from TX.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chops411 ALRI TRI-Lean Log
    By chops411 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 06:25 PM
  2. SmithsonGA ALRI Evolution Sponsored Log
    By smithsonga in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 07:56 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 07:36 PM