ALRI/BioSci Log of Restore, Jungle Warfare, Alpha Drive XL, and Primed.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
First off - I would like to thank Raven for sending me the Restore, JW, and Primed and BioSci for sending me the ADrive.
And FitnFirm for being all demanding and stuff - just like a woman.

Alrighty then.
So, we've gathered here today for Jmh80 to review the combination of ALRI inspired products - their Jungle Warfare, Primed, and Restore and their designed Alpha Drive XL which is marketed by BioScience.
I have no financial stake in either company. I will promise an honest log. I will not BS you folks. If I like these products - I will say so, and if I don't - I'll also say so.

Dose
I will be taking the standard dose of all these products. This log should be a month long (or so - in case I forget doses, which is always possible).
The JW, Restore, ADXL are all 3 caps dosed 3 times per day with food.
The Primed is taken 30-45 mins before my pre-WO shake (hopefully on an empty stomach).

I've got the watermelon flavor of Primed. I will be providing feedback on that.

Stats (as of 9/10/06 first thing, cold flexed, hadn't eaten yet)
Weight - 162 lbs.
Waist (at belly button) - 29.7"
Waist (at hips) - 30"
Calves - 15.25"
Quads (about 7" above the knee) - 21.8" (grrrr)
Chest - 38.8"
Arms - 14.75" R and 15" L
Height - 5'10 to 5'11" (depending on which convenience store I'm at)

I've been taking a break after I finished the USP beta creatine log a month or so ago. I took a much needed vacation for a week over Labor Day.
Pigged out at a buch of places around where I went to college that I hadn't been to in about 3 years.
But - I lost weight and muscle but waist went up only a bit. I was at about 166-168 lbs. during the USP trial.

Log History
A bunch of 'em. A few for Designer Supplements and USP Labs. Look around - they are here.

Training Routine

I'm still using Bobo's routine. I've changed a few exercises though - some of them started to bother my shoulders.
I workout chest on Tuesday, back on Wednesday, Biceps/delts on Friday, legs on Saturday, and triceps on Sunday. Abs are twice a week - I can't remember exactly when right now.
I do cardio after lifting for 20 mins (walking on the treadmill) a few times per week.
I take 2 days off - Monday and Thursday. No cardio on these days usually.

I'll be providing % increases on the exercises. I'll try not to give you guys all of the exercises. Bobo would ban me if I did. :icon_lol:

Diet
What's that?
Haha. I try to follow the basics of Bobo's meal plan. I've changed some foods out - got tired of some.
I do pretty well on Monday through Wednesday. Thursday's and Friday's are OK. Weekends are bad. (It's football season...)
I sleep in late so I don't get enough meals - foods usually (operative word) aren't that bad - just not enough quality cals.

Basically - I do my best. I won't promise my diet will be perfect. I work too much for that (and have a very hectic job as chemical engineer extrodinare).
You can expect that if I respond to these supplements - they are for real.

Supp Responder?
Don't repond very well to any of the creatine's I've tired (only gluconate and the magnesium chelate or whatever are left to try).
Other supps it seems that I require more to have a similar response as others.
Again - if these work for me at these doses, I feel like they most likely will work for you.

Current Injury
I'm basically the Fred Taylor of the gym. I've always had some form of injury since I was 18 or so.
I've got a right knee that bothers me when I bend it and put weight on it (i.e. squatting or lunging).
I've taken most quad exercises out.
Hams and calves are no problem though.

Other Supps
I'm starting a NOW Celadrin transdermal for both knees. Hopefully that'll help.
I'll be taking the basic supps Bobo recommended (multi, C, E, etc.).
Protein will be Anabolic Innoavatons' Whey Isolate (peanut butter), ALRI's Lipolytic Whey (strawberry), and Ergopharm's IPro (some form of cherry). Maybe some Muscle Milk in cookies and cream. I like rotating whey flavors - or I get burned out quickly. (I do not see any effects from the Muscle Milk so don't be worried about that - C&C is damn good though! Not sure about effects of the Lipolytic whey so I won't take that more than 2 or 3 times per week - it is good though).
I started taking Lean Dreams 2 days ago - have had trouble sleeping lately (staying asleep the whole night) so I got some of this and USP's REM.
I plan on taking 1 cap of it (maybe 2 - we'll see).
Saw palmetto. Grape seed extract. Maybe some Celery seed extract (if I have BP issues). Green tea.
I drink too much diet soda. I've probably got adrenal burnout (am going to get some of the NOW stuff to address that soon).
I take stims to help workouts as I'm usually pretty tired after a 10 hr. day at work. I've been sorta alternating Power Jolt, Amp, Venom & StimX (try to stay away from these 2 but only once or twice per week - libido gets crushed). Basically stuff to keep me going.
Everything else I'll be trying to drop. (Was taking a bunch of nootropics to help at work - pricetam, rhodiola, chocamine, tyrosine, ALCAR.) If I start to have problems staying awake - I'll have to hop back on them though. I can't be falling asleep at work - quite sure I'll get fired.

Is there anything I missed?
Except pics. Those should be coming in the next day or 2.

Starting this now. Headed to the gym to do legs (workout routine is all backwards this week because just got back from vacation on Wednesday - Friday was the first time I lifted in like 9 days).

Holla if you got questions.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: I wuv you too Jmh :)

Looking forward to your log and watching ya get HYOOOOOOGE!!!!!!!!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'll never get huge. Too many joint problems as it is...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I really like the taste of watermelon Primed.

Probably the best of any of the creatine-type pre-WO products I've taken.

It also gave me what I'll term "GI distress".
We'll see if that repeats tomorrow for chest day.

Used light weights for legs yesterday. Knees felt good.

Had a hectic day at work (the plant has problems - million dollar problems) so I only had lunch. Ate when I got up - 6:45am or so, then at noon, then when I got back home at 6:30 or 7.
Ugh.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Primed is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im addicted to pumps :D

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Subscribed!

Don't mind FTN her AND her hubby are dieting so she's bound to get cranky :stick: :toofunny:

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Work sucks, all it does is stress you out anyway. Stick to bodybuilding, that's my advice :D

Primed does tast good, hell I even like the Lemon Pucker, it's the tartest lemon around :bb:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I can feel the pumps starting.
Worked out chest today.

Strength/endurance still isn't back. (It usually takes me about a week to get back in a swing from a week+ downtime of lifting.)

Bad day at work again - only lunch and pre-WO shake w/ carbs at 6pm (when I left work :mad:).

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya bro my knees wish i didnt gain 60 pounds in the last few years..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I've not updated this in a few days. Went to the beach this weekend - disaster of a trip, but at least no Katrina this year...

I only dosed on average of one serving a day during the Fri-Sunday period.

I'm at 163 lbs. Noticing less definition in the abs. Most likely due to pigging out. But - I've been thinking for about the last day if it's bloating.
Has anyone else seen bloating from any of these? I don't have a theory why (estrogen?? but JW should take care of that).

I was stupid and played some touch football on the beach. Nothing happened during the 45 min game (except me getting really winded - but showing I can still catch the football).

However, on Saturday night my knees started really hurting when walking up stairs.

They felt better on Sunday. So, I wanted to try to do some light leg exercises on Monday to get the blood flowing.
I noticed that I was really winded (contrary to Primed's claims) and muscular endurance was low. I cut leg extensions way short - had some knee pain when approaching the 90 degree angle of start.

Skipped the gym today - had to get to the grocery store. Was out of EVERYTHING.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting combo of supps. Im especially interested in Primed so I will be keep an eye on this log. GL!

oh btw how long will you be on this stack?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
About a month.

So - I'm pretty sure the Primed is giving me the GI distress. Which sucks - because it happens about 30 min after taking it - into the workout.

If history holds, this will stop after about 3 weeks. Which means I'll have a good week of Primed.
As of now - this isn't fun.

I've only lifted 6 times in the last month - counting last night. Strength is down relative to a month ago. Endurance is down. I'm feeling winded maybe half-way through the workout.
I'm not blaming any of these supps on that - my diet has been subpar and this almost always happens when I first come back from a long break. But, I had hoped this combo would help a bit more.
(Then again - maybe it is - I'm not sure what I'd be lifting had I came back w/o these supps. This is a bit subjective, I'll admit.)

Libido is way up. So is testicular size.
I'm not seeing any feelings of well-being that I note.

Backne is up slightly.

I think I'm bloating a bit (outside of the sub-par diet).

Sleep has been awesome. I've noticed deeper sleep after taking this combo. A few of the doses have been at bedtime (just to experiment).
That seems to help.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry I've not updated this in a few days. [/QUOTE

I think its time for a beating? :twisted:

You skip gym for a trip to the grocery store??? :run: My trainer would scalp me for that one!!!!!

C'mon, lets kick it up a notch !!!!! Lets get BIG !!!!!

Where's my pictures you promised me too :yawn: Im waiting :)

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
About a month.

So - I'm pretty sure the Primed is giving me the GI distress. Which sucks - because it happens about 30 min after taking it - into the workout.

If history holds, this will stop after about 3 weeks. Which means I'll have a good week of Primed.
As of now - this isn't fun.

I've only lifted 6 times in the last month - counting last night. Strength is down relative to a month ago. Endurance is down. I'm feeling winded maybe half-way through the workout.
I'm not blaming any of these supps on that - my diet has been subpar and this almost always happens when I first come back from a long break. But, I had hoped this combo would help a bit more.
(Then again - maybe it is - I'm not sure what I'd be lifting had I came back w/o these supps. This is a bit subjective, I'll admit.)

Libido is way up. So is testicular size.
I'm not seeing any feelings of well-being that I note.

Backne is up slightly.

I think I'm bloating a bit (outside of the sub-par diet).

Sleep has been awesome. I've noticed deeper sleep after taking this combo. A few of the doses have been at bedtime (just to experiment).
That seems to help.

What exactly is your diet? And when you say distress with Primed, can you be more specific ? Gas, pain? many bathroom visits? Maybe you are a canidate for enzymes possibly huh ?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
All 3.
I think it's something with the creatine - but am not sure. I've had this nearly exact same effect with V-12 (regular and turbo). I don't think it happened with Xceed though.
Maybe it's something else...

I've not been able to get in the number of meals needed. Usually 4 - maybe 5. Yesterday it was 3 because I got up late.
I have 2 shakes per day - whey w/ skim plus the weight control oatmeal I love.
Other stuff is random though.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
ALRI/BioSci - I'm very sorry that this log hasn't been kept up to my normal standard (which is saying alot - because my logs suck...).
It was a bad week all around. I was at work late every day but Friday - when I just gave up and left at 5pm.
I haven't had a full night's sleep in a week. I woke up this morning after 7 hrs of sleep (went to bed at 1:30 finally when my neighbors turned off the blaring rap music :frustrate).
Not sure what's going on with that. I thought it was due to taking this combo too close to bedtime (one dose was with either post WO shake or the meal following that - maybe an hour before bed). That wasn't the case last night (took only 2 doses on purpose to test this).
So - I'm not sure what's going on.

I have noticed that I've been sweating quite a bit when I lift. I don't think I've reported this as of yet - I wanted to make sure of it first. But - all 3 days I've lifted this week have had that (Tu, F, Sa).

My joints (esp. knees and shoulders) have been creaky since I got back from the beach. I'm wondering if this potent stack is causing that due to lowering cortisol and estrogent too much. (There is a point with both of those being too low for some length of time that has given me problems - last PCT for instance.)
I'm going to try to cut back to 2 doses to test this theory. I'm thinking it's because this trio is just so damn good at lowering estrogen and cortisol that it's counterproductive for my joints.

Other than that - this week shouldn't be as bad (but - who knows) so I should get into the gym regularly.
But - the last 3 weeks of Oct should be pretty bad. (Sounds like shift work will commence mid-month......)

I'm pretty sure my lack of results is due to A) not making it into the gym enough and B) diet sucking.
This stack is pretty good - but it's not Superdrol (that would put on mass no matter the calories it seems).
So - I'll say that this isn't "idiot proof" with regard to results. You need to have you diet and training relatively on point.

But - I already bought some of the Alpha Drive from Nutra during his sale (and will buy Restore/JW when put on sale - I pretty much only buy stuff on sale because I'm cheap ;).
ALRI is a great company.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
So, I've been on 2 caps of each for 2 weeks now. I like this dose much better. My joints are much less creaky/achy.
I was able to finally go to 100 lbs. on leg extensions. (Have had pain at 50 lbs when I get to the bottom of the movement.)

I've hit the gym 4 times the last 2 weeks. However, starting Tuesday/Wednesday this coming week - the 12 hr. shifts start again (as in May).
I was at work today for 5 hours - had to be up at 6am. So, I'm tired as sh*t.

Last time I weighed my self - I was at 167 lbs. I've added some blubber to my mid-section. But, I think I've added some size to my upper body.

I'm back within 10 lbs. or so of the weight I was lifting before all vacation started in early August. I'm still noticing the above average pumps with this stuff.
I'm not noticing much of anything from Primed - from what I can tell (other than being somewhat hypo from the 4-hydroxyisoleucine). The neuro-blend in it (tyrosine, gluconolactone, and 125 mgs. caffiene) is crap. I take 2-3 grams of tyro and 1-2 grams of gluco (with maybe 200-300 mgs caff), whereas this stuff only has 1.25 TOTAL of those 3. So - no effect on focus or intensity.

My endurance is close to being back to normal also. I'm not getting super winded as I was.
I'm still sweating more than normal during a workout.

I think I'm starting to get sick. This weather change must be killing me - it's much colder today than the last few weeks.
We'll see.

Other than - I think the 2 cap dosing has also helped with libido. Libido is still high - but it's not happening at inopportune times - which is nice.

I've still got backne that I'm blaming on this combo. (About every anti-E has caused that - this seems to be close to Rebound Reloaded.)

Sleep has improved when moving the last dose way away from bedtime. Keep that in mind, also.

Overall (with about 9 days left of caps it seems) - I'd say I'd recommend a 2 cap per day dose if you are prone to achy joints with estrogen/cortisol reduction supplements (and also with libido being abit more optimum, I'd say). I've not noticed any real detrimental effects in the gym with the reduction in dose - so this, to me, means it's probably optimum for me (2 cap/day, that is).
I'll again say that this stack of supps isn't Superdrol. I'll reiterate what Jayhawk said in his Alpha Drive log - you should have your diet optimized (mine isn't). You can still add mass/muscle - but there will be some fat gain it seems if your diet isn't on. (I guess that could be a plus also - that this is an OK dirty bulker.)

FnF - no pics. Camera is occupied for the stuff coming up this week.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm back within 10 lbs. or so of the weight I was lifting before all vacation started in early August. I'm still noticing the above average pumps with this stuff.
I'm not noticing much of anything from Primed - from what I can tell (other than being somewhat hypo from the 4-hydroxyisoleucine). The neuro-blend in it (tyrosine, gluconolactone, and 125 mgs. caffiene) is crap. I take 2-3 grams of tyro and 1-2 grams of gluco (with maybe 200-300 mgs caff), whereas this stuff only has 1.25 TOTAL of those 3. So - no effect on focus or intensity.

reiterate what Jayhawk said in his Alpha Drive log - you should have your diet optimized (mine isn't). You can still add mass/muscle - but there will be some fat gain it seems if your diet isn't on. (I guess that could be a plus also - that this is an OK dirty bulker.)

FnF - no pics. Camera is occupied for the stuff coming up this week.

I am shocked that you would say the Primed is crap! Just what do you think your pumps are coming from? Do you think you can distinguish which product is doing what when doing them all together? I have used primed since June, just did some tester logs as well, it gets RAVE reviews.

Im glad you do understand that diet is a key role in either losing or gaining fat, because it is numero uno on the list.

Maybe you need a break from all supps for awhile to give your body some rest, you are always either sore, sick, or stomach issues, this is not good. Get some R&R and take some antioxidants like Vigor to get the slate clean.

I didnt expect pictures, your just a tease anyway ;)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure it's JW and Alpha Drive. These pumps are similar to what I saw on Rebound Reloaded.

Yeah - I agree with you on the break. I definately need a stimulant break. I consume too much caffiene. I'm going to get some Panothenoic acid (B-5) bulk from Nutraplanet to help with my adrenals (which I think are fried...) and some of the Adrenal support stuff.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Jesus my wrap-up was late!
Sorry.

So - I gained about 4 lbs. on this stack. Unfortuneatly (depending on goals) it was about half fat/half muscle (seemingly).

I gained about 0.25/0.3 inches on my waist. About the same on my chest (probably closer to 0.25). Arms were up by 0.15.
Legs didn't grow at all. :frustrate

I would agree with what Jayhawk said about this stack - you should have your diet in check or this stuff will indescriminately add mass wherever.

The estrogen and cortisol suppression was pretty darn good. Good enough that I had joint issues on this stack and had to lower the dose to 2 caps.
(That would be my recommended dose to folks.)
I'm not sure on the prolactin reduction - I don't know what to look for on that.

Libido was up. It wasn't a constant raging hard-on or anything. There was some increase in testicle size.

Downside - I honestly didn't notice much from Primed. I was winded quite a bit in my workouts. I did a test late in the trial of 2 workouts without it - and didn't notice any difference in my last 2 workouts on it (right after those 2 w/o it).
Something I hadn't mentioned was that the Primed showed up hard as a freaking brick. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. I haven't seen anyone mention it. Maybe something was rendered ineffective when moisture absorbed into the bottle (I'm assuming that is what caused the powder to harden/cake up - maybe that is incorrect though)??
I dunno.

But - Primed watermelon tastes freaking AWESOME! Best Pre-WO drink I've taken - period.
If it wasn't so expensive (more than a buck per WO) - I'd get some of it again just for the taste.

Bottom line - this is an expensive stack at base price. I probably wouldn't buy it at base price honestly. It's a good stack - but I'm a cheap azz.
If it were at the prices Sam had everything at back a few months ago - I'd buy it again (I got one of the Alpha Drives during that sale).

I think this is effective for PCT (I'd wait a week after first administering nolva/clomid/toremifene though before starting this) or as a "bridge" right after PCT (this combo w/ torem wouldn't be good IMO - the potential for uncomfortable blue balls would be off the charts. I'd wait until the torem is basically done to take this stack if it were me).

Again - I'd like to thank ALRI and BioSci (specifically Raven and BioSci himself) for allowing me to test this stack.
I apoligize for the ragged nature of this log.

Now - I'm off to my break. I'm taking the Adrenal Support, B-5, and Vigor and have dumped caffeine for the past 4 days.
(It's been an odd trip since that first day off. :blink: )

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I can vouch for the pumps on Primed i get silly pumps in my calfs just from walkin around once i'm done logging my focus XT i'll use the rest of my tub. I do have to agree that the neuroblend isn't adequate BUT i'd by no means call it crap. It's a solid product.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I don't think I called it crap.
The doses of the neuro just aren't high enough for most of us "hardcore supplement junkies" that get bulk powders out the whazoo from Custom/Nutraplanet.

For the regular folks that haven't taken anything of this nature - I'm sure it'll be fine.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I actually took a serving of this with a serving of Focus XT and i was good to go.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - that would be the dose I figure most of us on this board would need.

That sounds like a great combo pre-WO!