Ibe Neurobalance Log

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
IBE is about to release a new product called NEURO-BALANCE. I will be keeping a log of my experiences with this product with a primary focus upon its purported anxiety and stress reducing properties. My focus will be upon these effects because they are the ones most succeptable to subjective analysis. The product is also supposed to help promote the release of HGH which should result in increased lean muscle mass and fat loss. Short of blood tests to measure HGH levels, I'll have no way to verify this but will report on any body composition changes which could be attributed to the product.

NEURO - BALANCE

The main active ingredient, 4-AMINO-3-PHENYLBUTYRIC ACID HCL, is a derivative of GABA that actually acts as a GABA receptor agonist and also causes significant release of GABA in the brain. The attached phenyl group acts as a carrier which enables this form of GABA to successfully breach the Blood Brain Barrier and has shown to regulate levels of GABA within one hour of administration. Clinical studies have shown significant anxiety reduction, decreased physiological responses to stress and reduced episodes of insomnia. It also has indicated anti-arrhythmic and cardio protective properties.

Most scientific studies suggest that the proper dosage should range between 500-1000 mg per day. For the best anti-stress and fat loss benefits, NEUROBALANCE should be taken about 2 hours before going to bed. To fight high-stress and anxiety during the daytime, NEUROBALANCE can still be taken to achieve the anti-stress results.

Full product write-up here:

IBE :: Innovative Body Enhancement

NeuroBalance (8 Fl oz) By IBE

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY ONE

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: I've had this sitting around on my shelf for several days....eyeing it warily as I always do a new supplement (I don't usually take anything new unless I'm in a position to deal with any possible adverse consequences like an allergic reaction). I had a spectacularly stressful day at work (high stress negotiations which went quite badly followed by a series of petty but stressful events, a 1.5 hour commute and then a little fight with the wife when I walked in my front door after work). Given this, I decided to try a dose of neuro-balance to see how its primary anti-stress effects worked.

DOSAGE: I took one tsp with food. Recommended dosage is 1-2 tsp.

TASTE: Strawberryish.

CONSISTENCY: Like cough syrup. I drank the teaspoon and then filled it several times with water (drinking it each time) to get the remaining product out.

EFFECT: Stunning. I noticed a head change within an hour and by two hours I was completely de-stressed. I mean, the giant ball of roiling anxiety and stress from my day was gone. Even when I reviewed the events of the day in my mind, I didn't get riled up again. I simply filed them away as things to deal with the next day. At one point I actually felt kinda high....like it would have been a bad idea to drive a car.....but that could have been me simply coming down off the stress of the day. This is very interesting stuff indeed.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY ONE

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: I've had this sitting around on my shelf for several days....eyeing it warily as I always do a new supplement (I don't usually take anything new unless I'm in a position to deal with any possible adverse consequences like an allergic reaction). I had a spectacularly stressful day at work (high stress negotiations which went quite badly followed by a series of petty but stressful events, a 1.5 hour commute and then a little fight with the wife when I walked in my front door after work). Given this, I decided to try a dose of neuro-balance to see how its primary anti-stress effects worked.

TASTE: Strawberryish.

CONSISTENCY: Like cough syrup. I drank the teaspoon and then filled it several times with water (drinking it each time) to get the remaining product out.

EFFECT: Stunning. I noticed a head change within an hour and by two hours I was completely de-stressed. I mean, the giant ball of roiling anxiety and stress from my day was gone. Even when I reviewed the events of the day in my mind, I didn't get riled up again. I simply filed them away as things to deal with the next day. At one point I actually felt kinda high....like it would have been a bad idea to drive a car.....but that could have been me simply coming down off the stress of the day. This is very interesting stuff indeed.
nice detailed description. i can sure use some of this stuff as our fiscal year is coming to close in september at USGS and im working in the accounting department dealing with all the budgets. very stressed and busy lately so this might be of some use for me. will you be using this consistently? if so, i am curious to see if a tolerance will build.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If this is as it seems I will be purchasing such products.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
nice detailed description. i can sure use some of this stuff as our fiscal year is coming to close in september at USGS and im working in the accounting department dealing with all the budgets. very stressed and busy lately so this might be of some use for me. will you be using this consistently? if so, i am curious to see if a tolerance will build.

What I have is the final product but it's still in beta packaging (computer printed label without detailed usage description).

As an anxiety reducer, one would expect that a tolerance would be built up (perhaps quickly). However, as a HGH secreatogue, that would indicate consistent use over a long period of time (maybe 5 days on, 2 off, then repeat for several months).

I have some questions in to IBE on these very points. I'm hoping to get some answers soon so that I can plan some usage protocols to test issues of tolerance and dosing schemes.

So far in my brief experience, the anti-anxiety effect is quite dramatic.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm running the NB too. I'll start a log/observations thread soon. I'm short on time these days, and trying to keep my board time to a minimum. The writeup seems to suggest straight dosing with each bottle lasting 30days @ 500mg/dose. We'll see what IBE says.

My reaction has been a bit weird. The first two nights I couldn' sleep, though it may not have been related to the NB. Last night I conked out hard about 30-45min after dosing. I slept like a dead man for 9 or 9.5hours, and could barely get up. Once I got up I felt great, but it seems, for me at least, that this response is a bit like melatonin. I sleep great and am very well-rested, but in the first minutes of waking it is dangerously easy to fall asleep.

I'll stop congesting your log w/my comments now ;)

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Lookin good so far man! Keep the updates coming.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
To the testers: This product sounds VERY similar to Phenibut. Have you tried phenibut and if so, how does Neuro-Balance compare?

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Matt, you may be on to something here. It would be great to juxtapose the effects of NB and phenibut. Phenibut is great for reducing stress and also promoting REM sleep. I can vouch for those two effects.

It seems like NB can be more potent...we'll have to wait and see.

Great start on the log btw.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
To the testers: This product sounds VERY similar to Phenibut. Have you tried phenibut and if so, how does Neuro-Balance compare?
I have not tried Phenibut so I can't make a comparison.

dingling

Awards
This is phenibut, just a different mode of delivery. Would be interesting to get a comparison from someone who has tried regular powdered phenibut. Good log.

Sorry guys for being away lately, but we have been working on new product developments for release about the time of our Olympia appearance. The Neurobalance is phenyl-GABA aka phenibut in a polylymphatic matrix delivery system. It is in a strawberry liquid and is better absorbed and faster acting than any similar product on the market. We are currently working on labeling and bottles for the finished product but I assure you that it will be ready for sale by mid september. We can send smaller samples to those who may be interested to give some feedback....you can PM or call customer service for details.
We actually have several new exciting products in the works for the same time frame for sampling and/or release........we will continue to keep the community updated on the active progression of the IBE line.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
This is phenibut, just a different mode of delivery. Would be interesting to get a comparison from someone who has tried regular powdered phenibut. Good log.
I nominate myself for that!

I like the effects of phenibut. I enjoy taking it on special occasion for a nice laid back feeling. The research I read compares it to diazepam (Valium) and I think thats a pretty good comparison. Either way, powdered phenibut is relatively cheap. I cant wait to see how the pricing of this product is.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY TWO

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: To test daytime stress reduction effect.

TASTE: Still Strawberryish.

EFFECT: Hmmmmmm......not exactly relaxing....because I spent the morning juggling various tasks...so I wasn't relaxed. I was however pleasantly disposed. I spent the morning essentially unruffled by any of the stress triggering events or chaos around me.....I just plowed ahead taking care of what I needed to take care of. This effect lasted from early morning until early afternoon. In my job, I'm expected to be very aggressive and this definately took the edge off. For me, this would be perfect for an "office day" where I'm basically doing paperwork and planning strategy but might be too good at reducing anxiety for days when I'm expected to charge the barricades.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY TWO

TASTE: Still Strawberryish.

EFFECT: Hmmmmmm......not exactly relaxing....because I spent the morning juggling various tasks...so I wasn't relaxed. I was however pleasantly disposed. I spent the morning essentially unruffled by any of the stress triggering events or chaos around me.....I just plowed ahead taking care of what I needed to take care of. This effect lasted from early morning until early afternoon. In my job, I'm expected to be very aggressive and this definately took the edge off. For me, this would be perfect for an "office day" where I'm basically doing paperwork and planning strategy but might be too good at reducing anxiety for days when I'm expected to charge the barricades.
Besides being a professional article poster, a slaying Mod, and Jayhawkk's pimp...

What industry are you in?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
hmm, i respond much better to phenibut on an empty somach, and im pretty sure GABA should be dosed likewise. do you plan on trying this in scenario? i would be interested in the comparison, so we know if it affects potency.

solarize

solarize

191cm, 98kg (6'3, 215lb)
Awards
  • Established
VERY Interesting - hopes this ships to Aus once out of beta.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
hmm, i respond much better to phenibut on an empty somach, and im pretty sure GABA should be dosed likewise. do you plan on trying this in scenario? i would be interested in the comparison, so we know if it affects potency.
I asked IBE and they said it would just effect absorption time, not rate (perhaps because of their carrier molecule?)......but yeah, I plan on playing around with different scenarios. However, I rarely have a truly empty stomach except first thing in the morning (snacks every couple hours to keep metabolism high during the day).

Last edited:
WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
sounds good to me. thanks for posting your experiences yeahright. im really interested to read the feedback. hope this is available soon. keep up the awesome log!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY THREE

DOSAGE: Both my wife and I took one tsp with food. Recommended dosage is 1-2 tsp.

TASTE: Still Strawberryish (wife disagrees, says it tastes like "ass".....and I'm not going to ask how she knows the comparison).

EFFECT: My sister was coming to visit for a couple hours. My sister is a lovely person but we have zero in common at this stage in our lives. We had a difficult upbringing and reacted to it very differently.....evolving into EXTREMELY different people. That's a long introduction for why the Neuro-Balance today. :rofl: After the two hour visit stretched to nearly 7 and she finally left, I turned to my wife and asked how she liked the Neuro-Balance. She had forgotten that she'd even taken it and gave this big "ohhhhhhh that explains it." I asked what she meant and she said that she'd been wondering all afternoon why she wasn't annoyed as the visit dragged on and on when she knew that she normally would have been.

anabolicandre

Awards
Nice this product seems really great, especially for someone like me who is contstantly flustered with the workload I take on.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY FOUR

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Stress Reduction

DOSAGE: Both my wife and I took one tsp on empty stomachs in the early evening. Recommended dosage is 1-2 tsp.

EFFECT: Delightfully calming. We took the kids school shopping today and came back poorer and frazzled. It was clear that the rest of the day could devolve into a family meltdown so we took a dose to see how it would help. Hours later we were so relaxed that we decided to skip our normal pre-bedtime doses of REM R3G.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
This stuff sounds awesome, i'll definitely be picking up a bottle or two.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
This stuff sounds awesome, i'll definitely be picking up a bottle or two.
It's certainly interesting. This is the real deal. It does what it says it does (at least on the anti-anxiety front). However, finding the best protocol for use is going to be a more personal fit for each user.

I took some this morning before work along with some Focus XT to see what the combination would bring.

Well, I'm relaxed and in a good mood....but that's not actually the ideal state for me to be in at work. Intense and aggressive is a better fit to my job function. I may need to take a half-dose to see if I can get the benefits without taking quite so much of the edge off.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY FOUR

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Stress Reduction

DOSAGE: Both my wife and I took one tsp on empty stomachs in the early evening. Recommended dosage is 1-2 tsp.

EFFECT: Delightfully calming. We took the kids school shopping today and came back poorer and frazzled. It was clear that the rest of the day could devolve into a family meltdown so we took a dose to see how it would help. Hours later we were so relaxed that we decided to skip our normal pre-bedtime doses of REM R3G.
was todays dose just as effective as the first one? it sounds like the effects are staying consistent which is awesome! keep up the excellant log! how long do you plan on using this? its still probably too early to detect a tolerance.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya are you starting to build up a bit of a tolerance now?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
was todays dose just as effective as the first one? it sounds like the effects are staying consistent which is awesome! keep up the excellant log! how long do you plan on using this? its still probably too early to detect a tolerance.
Well, that first dose was taken at the end of a spectacularly stressful workday. No subsequent dose has had such a dramatic effect but I haven't taken it under similar circumstances since either.

Additionally, I haven't been taking it daily. I've been taking it for a day or two and then a couple days in between so I don't think that tolerance issues can be weighed yet. On the other hand, IBE said that there would be some tolerance but that the lessened effect allowed a more nootropic effect to be noticed.

I have two 4oz bottles. Right now I'm playing around with different ways of using it to get a sense of the best ways for me. After I've exhausted the assorted combinations, I'll probably take the other bottle straight every day until it is gone to see how that works out.

I don't know what the price point is going to be for this product but it's definately a keeper for me even if I only use it to come down from particularly stressful days.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY FIVE

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing how combining Focus XT and IBE's NEURO-BALANCE would effect my cognition and work focus/attitude.

DOSAGE: Per the instructions, one scoop of Focus XT in water at 7:00 am and 1 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE.

EFFECT:
LOL, well I was a happy and relaxed guy at work today. The problem is that I'm paid to be an aggressive and assertive guy. The NEURO-BALANCE took a little too much of the edge off of me for my purposes but those whose jobs don't involve verbal warfare might like it. I'll probably try this again with a smaller dose of NEURO-BALANCE.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
YR, do you feel drowsy at all when taking it in the a.m.? I need to be prepared to be assertive too. City kids can fly off the hook quickly, so I need to be ready to quell anything that arises in a heartbeat. I might try a dose in the a.m b/c I don't want to dose this late in case I'm very drowsy.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
YR, do you feel drowsy at all when taking it in the a.m.? I need to be prepared to be assertive too. City kids can fly off the hook quickly, so I need to be ready to quell anything that arises in a heartbeat. I might try a dose in the a.m b/c I don't want to dose this late in case I'm very drowsy.
I'd try the first AM dose on a weekend to determine its effects on you. I was fine driving and everything but this seems to have a pretty profound effect upon me (perhaps I have some GABA deficiency).

IBE says that he takes it before work and experiences a nootropic effect.

So far, I'm experiencing a......not really a sedation because I'm not sleepy.....but an absence of stress and anxiety. In my job I need to menace people :smite: and I'm not all that menacing if I'm relaxed and happy. :drunk:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Wear a hockey mask. It tends to menace people pretty easily even if you are smiling behind it.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Wear a hockey mask. It tends to menace people pretty easily even if you are smiling behind it.
That is an idea. I usually just stare at people. I hadn't thought about using costumes but I do occasionally use props (briefcases, PDAs with wireless e-mail, etc.).

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY SIX

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing (again) how combining Focus XT and IBE's NEURO-BALANCE would effect my cognition and work focus/attitude.

DOSAGE: Per the instructions, one scoop of Focus XT in water at 6:00 am and 1 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE on an empty stomach.

EFFECT: I had a hearing today and because of my role I was able to sit back and think about the big picture of the situation we were dealing with. After three hours of more-or-less pointless testimony I proposed a global settlement to all the parties which they accepted. So, all in all a good day's work. After that, I went back to my office and couldn't motivate myself to even log-in to my email or listen to my voicemail. I dinked around on the web for a bit, answered a couple phone calls and then called it a day and went home. :run:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I might be taking this same combo quite soon. Sounds like it worked well for you. I can't tell if the afternoon avoidance was a positive or a negative... :think:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I might be taking this same combo quite soon. Sounds like it worked well for you. I can't tell if the afternoon avoidance was a positive or a negative... :think:
In theory this seems like a really good combo which is why I tried it twice.....but it hasn't been as good as I hoped. The NEURO-BALANCE really mellows me out (your mileage may differ) and when I'm at work, I need to be on.

This latest experience worked well because (without going into details) I was one of the most powerful people in the hearing. I was able to sit back and think about the big picture dynamics going on and strategize solutions.....so being mellow was an attribute.

On most days, I'm having to assert my power on behalf of those I represent. When I'm in that mode, I generally have to be quicker, smarter and more aggressive than the people I'm dealing with. I've found that being jacked-up on nootropics and stims helps with this. :twisted:

I'm going to keep playing with this combo....but for me I think I need lower doses of the NEURO-BALANCE. It's powerful stuff.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, even 1tsp is a strong dose. I might dose again in the morning to see how it affects energy levels, and to experiment with something approaching a double dose.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
This sounds like good stuff to keep around for those stressful days.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
This sounds like good stuff to keep around for those stressful days.
That's certainly how I see a primary use for this. Whereas someone leading another lifestyle might come home from work and say "I've had a rough day and need a drink," I can totally see myself saying "I've had a rough day, I need 1/2 tsp NEURO-BALANCE." :icon_lol:

However, IBE says that if used consistently, one will develop something of a tolerance and the effect is then more nootropic. I'm interested in exploring this but need to find a calm week or two at work where I do this.

Beowulf and I might be hyper-responders or perhaps the dosing recommendations need to be revised downward a tad. Strong stuff that does what it claims.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY SEVEN

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Coming down from an extremely stressful day of work.

DOSAGE: Per the instructions 1 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE on an empty stomach at 6:30 pm.

EFFECT:
Wonderful....the stress has melted away and I'm thinking about going to sleep (2 hours afterdosage).

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY EIGHT

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing daytime usage.

DOSAGE: Per the instructions 1 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE on an empty stomach at 7:30 am.

EFFECT: Today was a down day at work. Basically, I was just going to drive into the office, answer emails and phone calls for a couple hours and then go home......so I thought I'd try a dose of NEURO-BALANCE during the daytime absent the use of any stims other than my latte. :yawn: I had a nice relaxed day. This seemed to actually relax less than in my experiments combining it with Focus XT. It could just be a perception because I had such low productivity expectations for myself to begin with or I might be building a tolerance. No adverse effects so far.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Great info so far, I may try this as I am very prone to anxiety,
I have a script for xanax, but some mornings it leaves me feeling groggy, interesting stuff............

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Great info so far, I may try this as I am very prone to anxiety,
I have a script for xanax, but some mornings it leaves me feeling groggy, interesting stuff............
I don't know how this would compare to something like xanax as I imagine the mechanisms of action are different.

For me, the times I experience anxiety are also the times when I need to be mentally alert (speaking to a room of 100 people for example). Given how well this product works for me, I'd be reluctant to take the chance of being too relaxed....but perhaps I should try? I actually have such an occasion coming up in about a month. I should play around and try to find the lowest efficacious dose for me before then.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Xanax for me is extremely mild. It's like the effect of having a small glass of wine. Mentally, I can function just fine.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOG DAY NINE

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing low dose daytime usage.

DOSAGE: Disregarding the instructions, took 1/2 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE on an empty stomach at 7:30 am (normal dosage is 1 to 2 tsp). This is half the low end of the recommended dosage scheme.

EFFECT: Now we're talking. I've found the sweet spot for me in a daytime dose. This stripped away the frustration and anxiety I'd been feeling (1000 things have gone badly at work recently) but left me focussed and intense enough to do a fine day's work.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Nice! I just tried 2 tsp before bed. This could be a very cost-effective supp considering we both seem to respond very well to low doses.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Nice! I just tried 2 tsp before bed. This could be a very cost-effective supp considering we both seem to respond very well to low doses.
Cool. I look forward to reading on how 2 tsp worked for you as a night dose.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
It has been said that this is Phenibut with an enhanced delivery so I wanted to give you guys some more info about it.

I used to take Phenibut and still take it sometimes but not too regularly. Whenever I would feel like getting loose, I would take 2-5 grams of the powder. 1 beer would kick it in and give you a nice, extended buzz with very deep sleep. I suggest you read this article/wrtieup entitled Phenibut science as it is quite intersting. They actually compare it to Valium (diazepam).

http://www.nutritionstand.com/i64_Phenibut.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
50Magnum Supplements 15
Anabolics 7
Dustin07 Nutrition / Health 24
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 11
FoxHound Nutrition / Health 0