Ibe Neurobalance Log

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS
    This sounds like good stuff to keep around for those stressful days.
    That's certainly how I see a primary use for this. Whereas someone leading another lifestyle might come home from work and say "I've had a rough day and need a drink," I can totally see myself saying "I've had a rough day, I need 1/2 tsp NEURO-BALANCE."

However, IBE says that if used consistently, one will develop something of a tolerance and the effect is then more nootropic. I'm interested in exploring this but need to find a calm week or two at work where I do this.

Beowulf and I might be hyper-responders or perhaps the dosing recommendations need to be revised downward a tad. Strong stuff that does what it claims.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

LOG DAY SEVEN

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Coming down from an extremely stressful day of work.

DOSAGE: Per the instructions 1 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE on an empty stomach at 6:30 pm.

EFFECT:
    Wonderful....the stress has melted away and I'm thinking about going to sleep (2 hours afterdosage).
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Lightbulb

LOG DAY EIGHT

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing daytime usage.

DOSAGE: Per the instructions 1 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE on an empty stomach at 7:30 am.

EFFECT: Today was a down day at work. Basically, I was just going to drive into the office, answer emails and phone calls for a couple hours and then go home......so I thought I'd try a dose of NEURO-BALANCE during the daytime absent the use of any stims other than my latte. I had a nice relaxed day. This seemed to actually relax less than in my experiments combining it with Focus XT. It could just be a perception because I had such low productivity expectations for myself to begin with or I might be building a tolerance. No adverse effects so far.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Answers

Great info so far, I may try this as I am very prone to anxiety,
    I have a script for xanax, but some mornings it leaves me feeling groggy, interesting stuff............
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    Great info so far, I may try this as I am very prone to anxiety,
    I have a script for xanax, but some mornings it leaves me feeling groggy, interesting stuff............
    I don't know how this would compare to something like xanax as I imagine the mechanisms of action are different.

For me, the times I experience anxiety are also the times when I need to be mentally alert (speaking to a room of 100 people for example). Given how well this product works for me, I'd be reluctant to take the chance of being too relaxed....but perhaps I should try? I actually have such an occasion coming up in about a month. I should play around and try to find the lowest efficacious dose for me before then.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Xanax for me is extremely mild. It's like the effect of having a small glass of wine. Mentally, I can function just fine.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Cool

LOG DAY NINE

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing low dose daytime usage.

DOSAGE: Disregarding the instructions, took 1/2 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE on an empty stomach at 7:30 am (normal dosage is 1 to 2 tsp). This is half the low end of the recommended dosage scheme.

EFFECT: Now we're talking. I've found the sweet spot for me in a daytime dose. This stripped away the frustration and anxiety I'd been feeling (1000 things have gone badly at work recently) but left me focussed and intense enough to do a fine day's work.
  8. Gold Member
    Answers

Nice! I just tried 2 tsp before bed. This could be a very cost-effective supp considering we both seem to respond very well to low doses.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Nice! I just tried 2 tsp before bed. This could be a very cost-effective supp considering we both seem to respond very well to low doses.
    Cool. I look forward to reading on how 2 tsp worked for you as a night dose.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

It has been said that this is Phenibut with an enhanced delivery so I wanted to give you guys some more info about it.

I used to take Phenibut and still take it sometimes but not too regularly. Whenever I would feel like getting loose, I would take 2-5 grams of the powder. 1 beer would kick it in and give you a nice, extended buzz with very deep sleep. I suggest you read this article/wrtieup entitled Phenibut science as it is quite intersting. They actually compare it to Valium (diazepam).

http://www.nutritionstand.com/i64_Phenibut.html
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IBE
    I forgot to mention that the nootropic effect normaly will pop up about 3-5 hours after dosing.
    That is one thing I have definately noticed with Phenibut. It really does take a long time to kick in. I only have experience with the powder form but that has been my findings as well.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

LOG DAY TEN

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing low dose daytime usage again.

DOSAGE: Disregarding the instructions, took 1/2 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE on an empty stomach at 8:30 am (normal dosage is 1 to 2 tsp). This is half the low end of the recommended dosage scheme.

EFFECT: Last time I tried this daytime dosage it was just the right amount of anxiety reduction for me.....so I decided to try it again to gauge my reaction. I have to say that it was just about spot-on again as well. I opened my workday with a 1.5 hour hellish commute, got to work and found out that I might be getting a crappy assignment, got into a tactical disagreement/debate with a co-worker, then went and had to defend someone in a hearing......and ended the day in a pretty darn good mood. Throughout the day I was up and engaged with my work but nothing stressed me out.
  13. Gold Member
    Answers

Pretty amazing: that is a day from hell.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I need some of this stuff BIG TIME working in a manufacturing environment that demands I'm 100% right in my recommendations.

YR - thank you very much for this log. Love the idea of the combining this w/ Focus.
    I think I'll try that (after trying each separately, of course).
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Talking

LOG DAY ELEVEN

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: De-stressing

DOSAGE: One tsp at 6:30 pm and an additional 1 tsp at 10:00 pm. This is the first time that I've taken this much in such a short time period (NOTE: recommended dosage is 1-2 tsp but I've found that smaller doses work well for me and hadn't yet tried a larger dose).

EFFECT: OK, here's the situation. My job involves aggressively advocating for the people I represent. Sometimes I'm in court. Sometimes I'm organizing picket lines. Sometimes I'm manipulating events to bring political pressure on people. When I push hard, sometimes people push back hard (I occasionally receive death threats). On this day, three very powerful people called my boss seeking my termination. Fortunately for me, my boss is amused by this as he sees it as evidence that I'm effective at my job if I've pissed off the other side that much. Nonetheless, learning of this certainly made for a stressful day and caused me to have to spend a great deal of time making sure that I had the documents in order to prove that my version of events was correct. Moreover, I had to change my plans on some ongoing actions as I learned that these three powerful people had shifted their position on my actions from neutral to actively hostile.

So, when I got home I took 1 tsp of NEURO-BALANCE to take the edge off of my stress. This worked very well. While I was still consumed by the events of the day (did I think of everything, what will their next move be, etc.?), I was able to think about it in a detached way. Three and a half hours later I took another 1 tsp and went to bed. I slept soundly throughout the night and oddly enough woke up feeling euphoric. The good mood carried me into the morning.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Excellent results!

I just want to say that the "enhanced delivery system" of this product must be topnotch. Tolerance seems to not be much of an issue.

yeahright, I'm curious, does this product give you any gastro problems at all? With the phenibut powder, I let a lot of my buddies try it at dosages up to 5 grams and many of them had problems with their stomachs handling it. Some even threw up. Now these guys werent really into bodybuilding and since I'm used to taking down horrendously tasting stuff, perhaps thats why I didnt have many problems. However, the day after taking it, I would have to take a flaming hot ****. Perhaps with the regular powder, a great percentage of the compound is not even absorbed. Are you having any similar issues??
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

One day, there will be some sort of explosion in a chemical plant and YR will come looking for me to prosecute and/or organize a picket line against.

I can see it now "Down with Jmh80 - that ugly hoe!"
    I'm waiting with baited breath.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MattHines
    Excellent results!

I just want to say that the "enhanced delivery system" of this product must be topnotch. Tolerance seems to not be much of an issue.

yeahright, I'm curious, does this product give you any gastro problems at all? With the phenibut powder, I let a lot of my buddies try it at dosages up to 5 grams and many of them had problems with their stomachs handling it. Some even threw up. Now these guys werent really into bodybuilding and since I'm used to taking down horrendously tasting stuff, perhaps thats why I didnt have many problems. However, the day after taking it, I would have to take a flaming hot ****. Perhaps with the regular powder, a great percentage of the compound is not even absorbed. Are you having any similar issues??
    No gastrointestonal issues whatsoever.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

This is very interesting... getting rid of the tolerance issues with regular phen is golden. How much of the stuff do you have left?
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dingling
    This is very interesting... getting rid of the tolerance issues with regular phen is golden. How much of the stuff do you have left?
    I'm just about done with my first bottle (30 tsp per bottle) but have a second unopened bottle.

With this first bottle I've been playing around with different dosages under different circumstances. With the second bottle, I think that I'll probably just take it nightly per the instructions to see how that works out.

Also, see Beowulf's log. He doesn't appear to be having any gastrointestonal issues either:

IBE Neuro-Balance: Ongoing Feedback
    Last edited by yeahright; 09-22-2006 at 10:20 PM.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Smile

LOG DAY TWELVE

DOSAGE: One tsp at 6:30 pm and an additional 1 tsp at 9:00 pm.

EFFECT: Worked like a charm to completely de-stress me from yet another hard day at work. I stayed up late screwing around on the computer and then finishing a novel which I've been working on so I didn't get to bed until 12:30 am and had to get up at 6:00 am. Surprisingly, I woke up feeling refreshed and in a good mood (like "what a wonderful day" good mood).
  22. Gold Member
    Answers

Yeah, I've been sleeping 6-7 hours max, but I wake up feeling absolutely great...well, once I'm up for a bit I feel great. Normally, it takes several hours before I'm functioning. Now it is more like 30 min. Since I added the Focus XT it is even better.

BTW, definitely no GI problems.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Smile

LOG DAY THIRTEEN

DOSAGE: One tsp at 6:30 pm and an additional 1 tsp at 10:00 pm.

EFFECT: Once again, I stayed away late (1:00 am) and got up at 6:00 am. While I didn't wake up with the feelings of well being that have accompanied the last couple dosages I did wake up feeling pretty darn good. I'm going to try the 2 tsp split dosage scheme AND get enough sleep tonight. I've now finished my first bottle and moved on to the second one.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Cool

LOG DAY FOURTEEN

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Whim

DOSAGE: I have the first empty bottle and had just opened the second one. I was about to throw the empty in the recycling when I decided to add some water to it and swish it around to get the remaining product out of the bottle. I drank it down thinking that it would be like a light dose of NEURO-BALANCE.

EFFECT: Apparently there was a significant amount clinging to the inside of the bottle because about 2 hours after drinking it down I found myself extremely relaxed. I lay down upon the couch and took a nap. I woke up refreshed and ready to tackle the remainder of the day.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

Hi YR, been looking at your log from time to time. The post below caught my interest. Did you feel tired or relaxed at all with the low dosage? Or was it more of just a calming effect?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    LOG DAY NINE

EFFECT: Now we're talking. I've found the sweet spot for me in a daytime dose. This stripped away the frustration and anxiety I'd been feeling (1000 things have gone badly at work recently) but left me focussed and intense enough to do a fine day's work.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Viperspit
    Hi YR, been looking at your log from time to time. The post below caught my interest. Did you feel tired or relaxed at all with the low dosage? Or was it more of just a calming effect?

The lower dosage just stripped away stress and anxiety but left me aware and alert to tackle my day. My job requires me to be mentally sharp and aggressive so I'm pretty conscious of things that degrade these traits.

I would imagine that dosing this is going to depend greatly upon one's individual body chemistry so you'll have to experiement a little to find what works best for you. Both Beowulf and I seem to get great effect from lower than or just at the low end of the recommended dosage (I think our basic body size/weight is about the same as well).
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Good info, thanks for explaining that YR

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    The lower dosage just stripped away stress and anxiety but left me aware and alert to tackle my day. My job requires me to be mentally sharp and aggressive so I'm pretty conscious of things that degrade these traits.

I would imagine that dosing this is going to depend greatly upon one's individual body chemistry so you'll have to experiement a little to find what works best for you. Both Beowulf and I seem to get great effect from lower than or just at the low end of the recommended dosage (I think our basic body size/weight is about the same as well).
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Smile

LOG DAY FIFTEEN

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing night application

DOSAGE: 1.5 tsp at 7:30pm with an additional .5 tsp at 10:00 pm. Went to bed at 11:30 pm.

EFFECT: Woke up at 6:30 am refreshed and in a good mood. I slept solidly through the night.
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Smile

LOG DAY SIXTEEN

DOSAGE: 1 tsp at 9:00pm. Went to bed at 10:30 pm.

EFFECT: I lay in bed for 30 minutes before I fell asleep as I had a lot of things running through my mind and couldn't get comfortable. Once I did fall asleep, I slept soundly and woke up in a good mood.
  30. Registered User
    Answers

Cool

LOG DAY SEVENTEEN

EFFECT: Very vivid dreams. Slept thoroughly and soundly. Woke up in a good mood again. I'm not sure what it is but I'm emphasizing this because I don't normally wake up in a good mood. I usually wake up and then the weight of the day's responsibilities settles upon me. I get up and take care of business because that's what grown-ups do. It's very odd to me that I've been waking up with a cheery outlook because things have been very stressful at work recently. I have to attribute this to the NEURO-BALANCE.
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

LOG DAY EIGHTEEN

DOSAGE: 1 tsp at 7:30pm with an additional 1 tsp at 8:30pm. Went to bed at 9:30 pm.

EFFECT: Vivid engrossing realistic dreams (kind where after waking up you're not sure if you're still dreaming). Woke up with this expectation that I was exhausted (because I'd been running around in my dreams)....but while shaving realized that I actually felt pretty good and was ready to tackle the day.
  32. Board Supporter
    Answers

Hey YR, I was curious whether u or Bewolf r taking anti-depressants, this supp. sounds perfect for my wife and I, but was wondering how it would stack with anti-depressants, good or bad, I am keeping up with both logs and am so ready to give this a try.........
  33. Gold Member
    Answers

I do not, and neither does my wife, but she has in the past. I'll ask her how she thinks it compares. Subjectively, her mood seems better than ever, which is impressive, b/c she has an unusually high level of stress in her life right now. I would say the feel good effects appear to be better than when she was on Zoloft. I'll ask her.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    Hey YR, I was curious whether u or Bewolf r taking anti-depressants, this supp. sounds perfect for my wife and I, but was wondering how it would stack with anti-depressants, good or bad, I am keeping up with both logs and am so ready to give this a try.........
    No anti-depressants here.....but I'd check with your doctor before tinkering with brain chemistry on your own. I've seen people go through a lot to get themselves out of depression and I'd be wary of accidentally reversing the progress which had been made. Just my opinion though.

The write-up on the product is linked at the beginning of this log.
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

LOG DAY NINETEEN

DOSAGE: 1 tsp at 6:30pm with an additional 1/2 tsp at 9:30pm. Went to bed at 12:30 am (had intended to go to sleep hours earlier).

EFFECT: Well, I intended to take it and go to sleep but got engrossed in a project I'm working on. Before I knew it, I looked at the clock and it was past midnight. More vivid dreams. I woke up refreshed but none of the random good mood that I had been experiencing.
  36. Board Supporter
    Answers

I agree that it should be discussed with our Doc. first, but like most he will immediately say, no stay with prescribed meds only, but then again I have done experimentation on myself for years Bewolf, I am interested to see your wifes response on the difference of the two......
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Smile

LOG DAY TWENTY

DOSAGE: 1 tsp at 7:30pm with an additional 1 tsp at 8:30pm. Went to bed at 9:30 am.

EFFECT: More vivid dreams. Woke up feeling refreshed and good despite the fact that the sun hadn't even risen yet.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

I like it on an 'as needed' basis only. If you do it everyday, the dose must eventually be increased as tolerance ensues but only using it 3-4 days/wk keeps the effect strong and fresh at the same original doses.
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Smile

LOG DAY TWENTYONE

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing consistent night application

DOSAGE: 1 tsp at 6:30pm with an additional 1 tsp at 8:30pm. Went to bed at 10:30 pm.

EFFECT: Felt very relaxed after the second dose...had to struggle to keep awake (I needed to stay up for a specific reason). Slept soundly with vivid dreams. Was slightly disoriented the first minute or so after I woke Up (that fuzzy feeling of where did the dream end and the reality begin). Once I got up and going I felt good and refreshed.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

LOG DAY TWENTYTWO

GOAL IN TAKING PRODUCT: Testing consistent night application

EFFECT: Slept soundly throughout the night and woke up refreshed. More vivid dreams, more good mood.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. IBE Epistane log FIRST CYCLE
    By Triad in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 01:55 PM
  2. IBE Epistane Log April 2, 2012
    By KaOs42 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
  3. BigBEEF's IBE ment LOG
    By bigbeef in forum Supplement Logs