Review DS sustain bar.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Outer Appearence- I found the box idea a nice change of pace from the traditional foil packaging that is so prevalent among most protein bars today. If I was browsing a rack this would jump out at me. Perhaps the only critque I would make is to enhance your logo a bit more, mabye etch it in foil to make it pop to the consumer.

Bar Appearence- Nice smooth coating all along the outer shell of the bar, I am a dark chocolate lover and I enjoyed the subtle aroma that wafted over my senses before I took my first bite.

Texture-I have tried my fair share of protein bars and I most say this is a unique product in terms of its middle of the road texture. Not quite a nougat and not quite creamy it falls pleasently in the middle of the two, so you get brownie points for that accomplishmet.

Taste- The outer shell tasted like dark chocolate not a high end one but a dark choclate nonetheless. Its amazing how many companies butcher Dark chocolate by overloading it with sweeteners, its supposed to be a more intense the milk chocolate so I found it quite ideal to my pallet. The chocolate plays a nice supporting role to the star that is peanut butter, I definetly could tell that I was eating something pb and while not right out of the jar good it was quite tasty for a protein bar I picked up the subtle tones of honey that you guys used and it paired pretty well with the pb. Out of 10 I'll give this bar a 7.5 now that on total taste where a one is a ****ty trioplex bar and a 10 would be a snickers. Oh and no after taste whatsoever Kudos to you for this DS.

Nutrition- 300 cals 9 grams fat 35 grams carbs, 20 grams protein. Nice nutritional profile, I do however feel that this would be suited to a person bulking or maintaining as the 16 grams of sugar would make it a treat on a cut diet at least for me. It is from honey so it is partially forgiven.

Overall- 8/10 this was quite the tasty bar and I was pleasently surprised on the whole that DS was able to pull this off on their first product. I personally would like to see a little less sugar but its nothing major. Also I did detect a slight hint of something that I just couldn't place I could've sworn it was anisette but mabye thats just wishful thinking. :)

uhockey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The sugar is all raw honey, so the GI remains low and the benefits of honey are well established. :)

Thanks for the review.

tattoopierced1

cant wait for these to be released..they are really good.