Alpha Drive XL and Restore Review by BiO

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Alpha Drive XL and Restore Review by BiO

Just recieved my goodies today courtesy of BioScience, ALRI and Nutraplanet. Special thanks go out to all three companies both for the opportunity to test these products, as well as the usual speedy service given by Nutraplanet. Thanks for the T-shirt , Sam! I'll sport it with pride.

Background; Been lifting on and off since age 16 with more serious, consistent, and refined training going on in the last 8. Have run about 10-12 PH cycles over the years and have used proper PCT for each generally consisting of Nolva.

Completed my "hypothetical" 6 week PP/Halo cycle on July 24th and initiated PCT with only one week of Toremifene to kickstart, with the remainder being comprised of PGH, Rebound Reloaded, Activate and DHEA. DHEA was discontinued last week. Last RR and Activate dose taken last night at around midnight. PGH will not be used during this test.

Things have gone well in this 3 weeks of PCT so far. Have lost only 3 pounds of mostly water, seem to be producing natural test well as evidenced by retention of gains, a slow climb in strength and some really terrible acne.

Thus far, libido has been the biggest issue. I have very little to no libido despite tapering RR dose to one pill per day.

I am hoping the Alpha Drive XL and Restore combo can bring back my sex drive, as well as to maintain or even augment my gains. I will be using a maintenance diet initially, as next week I am forced to travel for a family obligation. Upon return I will attempt a bulking diet/training to really put these products through their paces.

Starting weight: 183
    BF: I'd guess about 12% at the moment. Abs still visible.

Current core lifts
    *I do not have a spotter

DB bench:
    70 x 8
    80 x 8
    85 x 4-6

Hammer strength Iso Wide Bench:
    Done with strong emphasis on TUT style 1 second pos, 5 second negatives
    180 x 8-9
    230 x 8
    270 x 5-6
    290 x 1-3

Cable Tricept extensions;
    TUT style
    150 x 10
    160 x 8
    165 x 6

Hammer Strength wide rows
    TUT style
    180 x 8
    230 x 8
    250 x 4-6

Seated rows
    TUT style
    140 x 8
    150 x 6
    160 x 5

Preacher bench DB curls
    TUT style
    30 x 10
    35 x 10
    40 x 10

Leg press
    TUT style only on first 1-2 sets, then I go all out
    450 x 10
    495 x 8
    600 x 8
    680 x 6-8
    Extra set in leg press is due to the fact I currently am recouping from a lumbar injury and cannot do squats and deads yet. Squat was around 235 prior to injury. Injured lumbar region last August trap-bar deadlifing 540 pounds with straps.

Other lifts are incorporated and rotated in and out at will (calves, leg extensions, leg curls, et cetera), but this log will only report the cores.

2. Registered User

Should be a good one to follow. I will probably give some combination of these supps along with Jungle Warfare a try rather soon.
  3. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Restore is an awesome product that gets my test goin like no other. I cant wait to see what its like stacked with alpha drive! Good luck bro and ill for sure be following!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   

4. AI Sports Fitness Expert
    Board Sponsor

i am also interested in this stack as well
    good luck!!
  5. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

RR didnt really have a positive affect on my libido either. I was kinda worried because everyone claimed they got such a great boost, got some restore in, and BAM, walkin hornball! I was like now THIS is what im talkin bout. Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight. hahaha
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Following along
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Yep. Either it's my imagination or my testes are..um..tingling. They are also hanging lower.

I'm scared because I have only taken two doses so far. lol

Libido is indeed creeping back in. Definitely not 100%, but up a good 10%.

I know, TMI, but it's important stuff..and I just like talking about my balls. Who doesn't?

Tonight's workout went very well despite not getting as many calories as I would have liked to prior. I took the second dose of Alpha Drive and Restore with my preworkout shake.

Focus was improved and I have had this experience before on higher grade Tribulus. Trib is indeed listed as a mild stim by many herb books. One would be wise to capitalize upon this fact..hint hint. Really helped with TUT style lifts.

Pumps..no change from normal.

Strength..as stated earlier, my strength has been rising slowly before this test and tonight was no exception. Don't know if I can credit it to the new stack, but overall I think it may have had a positive effect..even if it was just from the increase in focus.

Endurance..good, but no significant change.

Chest and tricep day...

Hammer Strength press
    TUT style
    180 x 8
    200 x 8
    First excercise..didn't feel real good or very strong as it was impinging shoulder. Switched to HS Iso Wide Press

Hammer Strength Iso Wide Press
    TUT style
    180 x 10
    230 x 7
    250 x 6
    280 x 3..non-TUT max out.
    This felt much better and I decided to max out to see where I am at. Max strength was up for this excercise by 10 pounds and felt I could do more.

Dips
    bodyweight for 12 with slow negs on last 2
    bodyweight plus 35 x 8..all TUT
    Freakin ouch, but strength was about the same. I do not max on these anymore since a semi-pro looked at me with horror when he saw me dipping with 100 pounds strapped on.

Since I was feeling saucey..

Standing Military Overhead Press
    155 x 6
    Bad idea. Strength was good but endurance was poor. Kept it to one set

V bar Tricept pulldown
    TUT style
    130 x 8
    145 x 7
    155 x 4
    155 x 4
    Oh the burn. Strength OK, but starting to fade out quickly.

Lying DB pullovers
    55 x 8
    65 x 6
    Cooked.

DB flies..flat
    35 x 8
    35 x 7
    45 x 6
    Tired and very hot in gym today. Sweating more than normal.

Finished up with machine assisted crunches and back extentions (bodyweight only)

Overall good workout. Better than what I was anticipating given the circumstances.

I am going to take the last dose for the day before bed..we will see if it interferes with sleep at all.
  8. Registered User

Going to follow this log myself.
  9. Board Supporter

Best of luck Bio!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

So far I like what I see! Good Log!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

No issues sleeping last night.
  12. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

So was i lieing Bio when i said that it kicks in quick? Hahah i was like WHOOAAAA holy moly! Props to both companies! hahaha
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Yep. Either it's my imagination or my testes are..um..tingling. They are also hanging lower.
    Fo Rizzzeealll?!?!??
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Yes, I will say that something is happening already. It may be partly due to dropping the RR which was more than likely keeping my estrogen too low, but I think the Trib is kicking things up in terms of LH production.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Tuesday was an "off" day. Did manual labor for some light cardio. Felt peachy all day.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Also following along.

Do you really think the tingling was the stack kicking in or was there something else going on. ose:
  17. Banned

Good luck with your log!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

It was just a low grade sensation in the nether regions...kind of an extra sensitivity. I have felt it before when using large doses of high grade trib. Nothing too amazing,however given the small amount of trib in the Alpha Drive, that's saying it must be rather potent.

Today is leg day, will report back later.
  19. Banned

Great Log!
    I dont believe there is a one of us that doesn't appreciate you putting your balls on the line. Rock on Bio!

---
    :Balls said the Queen.. if I had two I'd be King"
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Leg Day

There is nothing better than doing legs after working all day laying paverstones. That was sarchasm.

Libido: about the same. Really seems to be trying to come back, but no real fire in the belly so far.

Mood: The same which has been good throughout PCT. Focus was as good as last WO.

Squats
    basic 1 up, 2 sec down
    8 x 135
    8 x 205
    6 x 225
    3 x 245

Despite the instability in my lower lumbar/sacrum, I decided to do squats for the first time in a couple months. Strength was still pretty good. Endurance was all over the place. First sets felt awful and confidence was not high. Back started aching right away.

Leg Press
    TUT style
    495 x 6
    495 x 4
    405 x 6

Much weaker from doing squats first. Have been doing 600-700. TUT style went OK. Big time burn.

Calf Presses
    TUT style
    315 x 12
    315 x 8
    315 x 6
    315 x 5
    315 x 3

Decided I needed to hammer the calves, they are lagging. Strength was good but the burn would shut me down quick with the tut style.

Leg Curls
    TUT style
    130 X 10
    140 x 8
    160 x 5
    180 x 3

Strength was really good for these sets. Legs pumped up very nicely.

Then went to other back extension and hip flexor machines..nothing special to report there.

Overall, good workout. Still feeling pumped and sore from last chest WO. This will be my last WO for one week. I'm travelling starting on Fri and should be back the weekend of the 18th and will post more then. I will continue to dose the stack the same even though my diet will be thrown out the window. I may get in one WO during this time.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Off Day

Not much to report. Very tired from last night's WO. Had to move bricks all day.

Mood: Still good despite fatigue.

Libido: too busy to tell. About the same.

Energy: wicked tired all day. I was beyond supplemental help.

Pump still holding well from last night's WO and even the WO before that. If I may say so, I am lookin swole. I do have a before pic that I will post later..after I set up a photobucket account or some such thing.
  22. Banned

WAKEUP!!!!!!!!!! ITS TIME FOR CARDIO!!!!!!!!!
  23. Registered User

SUBSCRIBED! I'm very interested in your results from this stack, Restore is definitely on my list of sups to try.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I'm wondering if i'm getting such a sexual side because of my complete lack thereof prior.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Well, my flight back east was snuffed so I am leaving tomorrow instead. Still very tired from both the leg workout and the brick carrying/brick laying marathon yesterday.

I am noticing what seems to be the begining of abdominal bloat, nothing major but not as defined as before. The change in PCT products may be to blame or it could be the calories I am hammering down.

Muscles still hard and pumped. I am almost to the point of having some noticable vascularity despite my bf% being 10-12ish. Legs and arms are feeling hard and pumped and well, just plain anabolic. Seriously do feel almost like I am on cycle as was the case with the RR/Activate stack so that is good news.

Libido: about the same. I suspect it was the RR and now the Restore keeping my estrogen too low. After another week I may request to titrate the dose of Restore down..and maybe up the Alpha Drive woohoo.
  26. Banned

If you get any urges to bake a cake or wear pantyhose CALL ME ASAP!!!!!!!
  27. Registered User

Bio, great log so far. Was just wondering a few things...

1. Are you taking the Alpha Drive and Restore together for each serving?

2. What dosage are you using each product at?

3. Are you taking any other supps such as CEE, etc?

Looking forward to a great log!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I take one pill of each Alpha Drive and Restore together with a meal, 3x per day. Sorry, should have specified that.

Other supps are basically my normal vitamin/minerals and I do use about 3 grams of CEE preworkout, but not on off days. I am very used to these so any changes are due to the Alpha Drive and Restore.
  29. AI Sports Fitness Expert
    Board Sponsor

very good log so far i think i will be picking these 2 products up very soon!!
    i am with dagecko on when you take the dosages
    keep up the great work
  30. Registered User

Question

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    If you get any urges to bake a cake or wear pantyhose CALL ME ASAP!!!!!!!
    You mean more than his normal weekend routine?
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Just got my shipment from NP of Restore / Alpha Drive, I am hoping it will give me a boost between now and my next cycle.

GL with this BIO
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TSB4me
    Also following along.

Do you really think the tingling was the stack kicking in or was there something else going on. ose:
    trust u to come up with that!!

what happened to big joe?
  33. Registered User

Bio, I see you are suffering from a lower back injury, I too am suffering from one as well. What is the nature of your injury? Mine was diagnosed as a bulging disc, but that is only from a physical examination and no actual MRI, x-rays etc. at this point. I injured mine in March on a messed up deadlift rep, where I lost my balance and fell forward. Instead of just dropping the bar, I stupidly caught all of my momentum in my lower back. I took a few weeks off, and things felt good again, so I resumed lifting again. A few weeks later I reinjured my lower back in a squat repetition, something went pop and that has led me to now.

I did a full course of physiotherapy which did essentially nothing for me. I've been working on loosening my hips and groin areas with a pile of stretching and some foam rolling, which tends to provide some relief. I perform various lower back stretching exercises several times a day, and work my lower abdominals every other day as well.

What type of leg press do you use during your leg workouts? Does a trap deadlift bar tend to aggravate your lower back? From what I've read, it is supposed to alleviate most of the stress on the lower back. I just ordered one, and hope that I didn't waste my money, as shipping to where I live is very expensive.

I workout at home, so I've been limited to leg curls, extensions, lunges, and recently I've implemented a modified dumbbell deadlift/squat, where I hold the dumbbells in a hammer style grip held between my knees, and perform squats in this sort of fashion. It's kind of awkward, but it's worked very well in the few times I've lifted in this fashion at hitting my legs effectively.

Have you tried any sort of tissue healing supplements for treating your lower back? I've utilized high dose cissus, celadrin, glucosamine/chondritin and msm, but honestly don't think they've done much if anything in helping to fully heal the injury. I just got my hands on hyuralonic acid on recommendation from Big Vrunga for healing up a nagging shoulder injury, but from digging around I've seen a small amount of positive feedback for it for lower back injuries as well.

Sorry for the highjack of your thread, good luck with the log.
  34. Registered User

Anybody with serious lower-back probs needs to forget about squats and deads. I'm 44 and about 20 years ago I herniated a disc doing (of all things) one-arm concentration curls. It took about a year to recover fully. And ever since then, I've stopped doing squats and deads. They're great exercises, but there's just too much potential for re-injury -- you're begging for trouble. I've experimented with all kinds of different exercises, but the only one that really hits your legs hard AND totally protects your lower back is the good ol' leg press. Now, my leg day consists of just 4 basic exercises: 6 sets of leg presses alternating with 6 sets of toe raises; and then 3 sets of leg curls alternating with 3 sets of leg extensions. It works.
    I also do 3-5 sets of roman chair back extensions alternating with 3-5 sets of decline crunches to keep my core strong and support/protect my lower back. And in 20 years, I've never re-injured my back. Knock on wood.
  35. Banned

Any updates or shall I turn this thread into a porno site?
  36. Registered User

Screw the thread, bring on the porno!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Porn!!!!

My back injury occurred last fall during a deadlift, however the root cause of the injury is that my sacrum is tilted up to the left and this caused some instability in the lower lumbar region. X-rays have shown the disk spacing to be good and the pain is mostly the result of L4/L5 being out of alignment. This area seems to be quite unstable so it goes in and out of adjustment rather easily. Deads and squats are pretty much on the back burner for now. If I am feeling good, I may throw in some lighter sets but all in all I will now stick to the leg press from now on.

I see a chiropractor regularly, use foam rollers, stretch and do ab core work to try to stabilize the lumbar and core as much as possible.

Ok, My trip ended last Friday and I have had a few days to recover. I will hit shoulders, back, and bi's tonight hopefully and report back.

Nothing to report on training for last week as I did not have an opportunity to lift.

I decided to lower the dose of Restore to 2 pills per day as I felt it was the culprit in keeping my libido down. After a few days of the lower dose, I can honestly say that libido has improved showing that this product is plenty strong in terms of estrogen suppression. I can really feel the Alpha Drive XL working now and my poor pregnant wife probably wishes I would leave her alone.

Despite an absolutely atrocious diet..ie being fed by grandparents..I managed to not lose any muscle but I did add about 2 pounds of what surely must be fat.

Acne is still horrible despite all sorts of preventative measures. Have initiated a 1% Retin A gel to get things under control on my back.

Will check in later.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Back from workout. Overall, it went well but no real progress was made..just catching up from a week off, revolumizing and re-conditioning.

Mood: good, but a little tired from running errands part of the day. Focus was good despite this.

Hammer Strength Wide Rows
    TUT style

180 x 8
    200 x 8
    220 x 4
    220 x 4

Painful, lots of burn.

Seated Rows
    TUT style

140 x 8
    150 x 7
    160 x 6

Lat Pulldowns
    wide grip, TUT style

140 x 8
    160 x 7

Dillet Style Lat Pulldowns
    TUT

170 x 8
    180 x 5

Lats were wiped out after these sets. Sweating way more than normal..don't know if it was related to Alpha Drive or Restore. No strength increases, endurance kind of lagging.

Shoulder and bicept work was uneventful, no increase in poundages here.

I attribute this mediocre workout to being off for a week during which time I was unable to meet my caloric or macronutrient goals...nor was I able to train. The stack may have helped to lessen the damage though.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Update time!

Leg Day

After crawling around on my hands and knees all day laying paverstones, I thought what better way to further damage myself than going heavy on legs? I would really like to not be able to walk tomorrow..yippee!!!

Libido: Getting better day by day. At the current dose of 2 Restore per day and 3 Alpha Drive XL per day, I think I have achieved a more optimal hormonal balance that allows for the increase in test and free test without suppressing estrogen so badly that I have no libido.

Mood: Still very good. Been sleeping well. Focus both in the gym and while I do manual labor is excellent. A smooth steady focus with no overexcitation..I'm liking it a lot.

Leg Press

Did two light sets TUT style and just was not feeling the love. Swithced to regular 1 sec positives, 2 sec negatives. Too worn out from work today for TUT or anything special...or so I thought.

TUT style
    405 x 6
    495 x 3
    Just plain icky, switched to regular style.
    585 x 8
    675 x 7
    765 x 6
    855 x 5
    855 x 2

855 being a new PR. I have no idea where that came from, so let's chalk it up to the Restore and Alpha Drive XL Well, that and there were hot chicks all over the free weight section and, you know....

Strength was good and I really do feel like I could have done another 90 easily, if not more. I chose to use restraint as this is the first week my lower back has been trouble free in quite a while.

Leg Press Calf Raises
    TUT style
    315 x 10
    405 x 8
    405 x 6
    Though not a PR, this is as high as I have been on this excercise in many many months. Strength and form were smooth and steady.

Leg Extentions
    TUT style
    160 x 10
    200 x 8
    260 x 4
    260 is higher than I have been in a while. All sets felt good, but energy fading fast.

Leg Curls
    TUT style
    140 x 10
    200 x 8
    240 x 6
    aaaannd my legs are cooked at this point. On to core work that ended up being cut short due to fatigue.

All in all a fantastic workout despite my feeling quite drained beforehand. Having to cut down on sets was an OK trade off. The PR and increases in poundages for almost all sets was a nice surprise indeed.
  40. Registered User

I bet you'd benefit from reverse hyper extensions, they actually rotate the sacrum and are supposed to work wonders for rehabing back injuries.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alpha drive xl and sunami
    By Tone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 03:24 PM
  3. Alpha Drive XL and Stimulant X log (contest)
    By powerclean in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 09:31 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 10:31 PM
  5. Alpha Drive XL™ and My road to recovery Log
    By Jayhawkk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 10:03 PM