Excell vs. Xtend

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Okay this is the second time I'm writing this...got logged out the 1st time for taking too long to write it. Fark...:frustrate

This will be my first public review of a product here. I've been an avid user of Scivation's Xtend for the past 2 months or so. Recently I received my order of 2 Cycle Supports, variety packs of AI's protein, and variety packs of Excell. So far, I have had a chance to try 4 of 6 flavors of AI's Excell. So far I've tried Punch, Lemon, Rasberry, and Mango. I still have Grape and Strawberry left.

In this review I will be comparing my experience with Anabolic Innovation's Excell vs. Scivation's Xtend.

FLAVORING - The flavoring in AI's Excell is rather mild compared to Xtend. When mixed, it has a taste similar to flavored water. I have been mixing 2 servings to 20 oz. of water, the same formula I was using for Xtend. Every flavor I have tried has a nice taste and is not overpowering at all. In my opinion, Excell could use a bit more punch in the flavor department but it could just be that I'm used to the strong flavoring in Xtend. I believe the flavoring was kept mild in AI's Excell so it would be more appealing to more peeps in general. Hey just use less water if you want more flavor, right? :cheers:

MIXABILITY - Scivation's Xtend, when mixed, leaves particles floating around and needs constant mixing to keep it uniform. On the other hand, AI's Excell, once mixed, has very little to no sediment and doesn't really seem to need any mixing after the initial mix (although by habit I always shake my mixer everytime I take a sip).

PERFORMANCE - I have not noticed any difference between taking Excell or Xtend. Both are quality products in my opinion.

VALUE - Well when comparing prices, AI's Excell wins. Cheaper at 1 kg and even cheaper at 2 kg. Another bonus of Excell is you have 6 flavors to choose from compared to the 2 flavors of Xtend. (I believe Xtend is now available in Lemon in addition to the Grape that has been out for some time..someone correct me if I'm wrong)

CONCLUSION - Anabolic Innovation's Excell is a quality product at the best value. You get to choose from 6 flavors that all taste great and they all mix well. I have had nothing but a great customer experience dealing with CROWLER at AI. They have good quality products that work and the customer service to match!

Now...what flavor to order? LOL, they are all good! :p

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
To any mod...would this be better placed in the supplement review section? If so, please move as needed. Thx.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I would like one of those compared to Purple Wraath. Anyone?

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the review! straightforward and easy to read.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Outstanding review and thank you for the kind words!!!

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Cable626 & Lake...glad you guys liked it. :thumbsup:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
GREAT To see Dageko,

Thanks

CROWLER

FarangJaiDee

FarangJaiDee

Awards
:goodpost: dagecko. Nice review!

I am going to start with Xtend since my order just arrived. Definitely give a try Excell & AI Protein in future.

Crowler, I realize the benefits of taking muscle recovery formula few weeks back. :thumbsup:

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
how much water do you mix either of them with? I use a half gallon jug to mix 6 scoops of Xtend and will be switching to Excell this month and mixing 6-8 scoops of the excell in the jug.

Gonna try fruit punch or lemon first. anyone have a preference?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have only used the lemon but next time i'll be trying the fruit punch. I mix two scoops of Excell prior to working out and drink it through the workout. I use 24-32oz of water on the two scoops. I think 16oz would yeild the best taste though.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks jay!

Scivation recommends the overdose of the BCAAs for pre/during/post so i have been doing the 6 scoops!

I assume it would be the same priniciple for excell? or are the scoops bigger?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Scoops are pretty small actually. I may start upping the doses over the next couple of weeks to see if I notice any changes.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
If you have the time, weigh out the powder. I do. That way I know exactly how much I am getting. I guess I have a lot of time on my hands.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
How does grape Xcell compare to grape Xtend? I really enjoy grape Xtend.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I apologize for replying to my own thread but I would like to try and have this answered before it get lost. Anyone?

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
never tried either, sorry. I would imagine that they would be similar. but many people have commented that the Excell flavors are a little "diluted" so you may take that into account. i def believe that the Xtend flavors are certianly "Full-flavored". Not sure that helps you, though! But atleast it bumps the thread! :D

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
If you would like, I can work with you to send out a few samples of Black Star Labs Grape flavored BCAA's so you could compare... it would be neat to have someone compare all three. :cool:

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
If you would like, I can work with you to send out a few samples of Black Star Labs Grape flavored BCAA's so you could compare... it would be neat to have someone compare all three. :cool:
Sure I would be interested. I could compare all three (BSL, Excell and Extend). How do we get the ball rolling?

Last edited: