REM-3 review

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Kick azz product. I'm feeling refreshed and more energized throughout the day. Been using it for 1.5 weeks and it will be a staple in my arsenal. Good job on a melatonin free sleep aid USP

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Kick azz product. I'm feeling refreshed and more energized throughout the day. Been using it for 1.5 weeks and it will be a staple in my arsenal. Good job on a melatonin free sleep aid USP
You don't like melatonin?

Personally the reason why you get drowsy (if this is the reason you are referring to) is because the wrong dosage is being sold in stores. The typical dosage is 3mg and even at half that it is still too high.

I have a study (if you want it I can provide it) that shows melatonin at different dosages and plasma levels the next morning. The half life is 8-10 hours and plasma levels upon waking were tested. At the 3mg dosage plasma levels were like 24000 pg/mL or something like that (not sure if those units are exact as I am too lazy to look at study) and at the 0.3mg dosage, plasma levels were, obviously enough, 295 pg/mL. The effects felt were the same at both dosages. In other words USE LESS ;).

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established

Personally the reason why you get drowsy (if this is the reason you are referring to) is because the wrong dosage is being sold in stores. The typical dosage is 3mg and even at half that it is still too high.

I have a study (if you want it I can provide it) that shows melatonin at different dosages and plasma levels the next morning. The half life is 8-10 hours and plasma levels upon waking were tested. At the 3mg dosage plasma levels were like 24000 pg/mL or something like that (not sure if those units are exact as I am too lazy to look at study) and at the 0.3mg dosage, plasma levels were, obviously enough, 295 pg/mL. The effects felt were the same at both dosages. In other words USE LESS ;).
Also, melatonin will only work if you are in the dark. Exposure to white light will nullify the effects.
cc

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I didn't get anything from this product. I would be real relaxed and REM out for about half an hour after laying down to sleep and after that wore off, it was hard to actually fall back asleep again. Liquid Relaxation knocks me out the entire night. Feel great the next day too!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

No I actually love melatonin but I was getting to the point where I couldn't sleep without it. I use the 3 mg pills, maybe 1 mg will be enough. Thanks for the info, too bad I can't rep you again unless I become a rep whore :D

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I didn't get anything from this product. I would be real relaxed and REM out for about half an hour after laying down to sleep and after that wore off, it was hard to actually fall back asleep again. Liquid Relaxation knocks me out the entire night. Feel great the next day too!

I found that I needed to take the full dose for a couple days (3 or 4) and then my body somehow adjusted to it and sleep has been heaven ever since......but I did have an initial transition period when I started taking this product. I'd encourage you to give it 3 or 4 days and see what happens.