3v1l's Cissus/Powerfull/Symmetry Log

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
3v1l's *Fat Burning* Cissus/Powerfull/Symmetry Log

Starting a new 12 week fat loss/muslce gain (aren't we all?) with 6 days of perfect clean (no joke) eating and 1 day cheat per week. 3 days of HIT cardio/3 days weight training upper body/lower body/upper body then lower body/upper body/lower body repeat. Basically following the body for life plan. Will be running the stack just for about 24 days.

Starting stats:
175lb
23% body fat (according to the digital scale - just recieved calipers so will be revising this number today)

Goal
170lb
10-15% body fat

Dosing Schedule:
Weight training Days:
4/4/2 30 Minutes before workout then 2/2/2 before bed
Cardio Days
2/2/2 30 minutes before cardio then 2/2/2 around 3pm then 2/2/2 before bed

Yesterday was day one and included upper body workout. Took 30 minutes before on an empty stomach (I work out at 5am). Felt nauseus for the workout and no real effects felt (to be expected). Very pumped afterwards for quite a while and got some unexpected tent poles throughout the day.

Diet was on track, calorie defficient by about 200-300 calories.

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Day 2

Took on an empty stomach again this time before cardio. Not too much nausea but then again it was only the 2/2/2. Have had dry mouth the entire day. Eating extremely clean. Will try and upload my starting picture today or tomorrow.

**Note I took about a 6 week break from working out and eating clean - put on about 5lb's of fat for this contest**

What does everyone think about adding CEE into the mix? I have some left and after reading the synergy between powerfull and CEE I might just add it into the mix. Thoughts?

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Day 3

Weight: 171.4lbs!
BF %: 21.3%

Today was leg day and all lifts felt great. Strenght was there and I felt like I could have gone longer. No more nuaseus feelings for me even on the empty stomach. Sleep has been awesome! Past 2 nights i've slept so freaking hard its unbelievable plus when I get up i'm not groggy even with say 5-6 hours of sleep. Definately attribute this to the Powerfull.

Now the weight thing is something to note - I must have been carrying a ton of water but in 3 days I've dropped close to 4lbs! Did not have a chance to post the before pictures yet but soon!

Thoughts on the creatine?

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Day 4

Cardio Day

Decided to add 2g of CEE into the mix pre-workout every day. Cardio was tough today as legs were extremely sore from yesterdays leg workout. Blasted through it and about 10 minutes in I felt a burst of energy/warmth that really gave me an edge.

To date diet has been outstanding and I posted an example from yesterday to illustrate the average nutrient break down - I have meticulously planned this diet. Its actually missing a carrot muffin made with whole wheat flour, oat bran flour, protein powder and more. Perhaps 100 cals? Is anyone even reading this? :)

Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 1817
Fat: 26 234 11%
Sat: 12 104 5%
Poly: 8 71 3%
Mono: 3 26 1%
Carbs: 234 841 41%
Fiber: 24 0 0%
Protein: 166 665 33%
Alcohol: 43 302 15%

**I also am using 3 fish oil caps daily**

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Day 5
Today was upper body workout again (chest/back/tri's/bi's). The powerfull has really started to kick in and this workout was the first time I truly felt a difference. I could have definately gone harder and longer but I didn't have the time. I've never been a very strong person so don't laugh but on day 1 I benched 95lb and only hit 9 reps. Today I easily pushed out 12 reps and felt like it was easy. I will try and do a weigh in tomorrow.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 4

Cardio Day

Decided to add 2g of CEE into the mix pre-workout every day. Cardio was tough today as legs were extremely sore from yesterdays leg workout. Blasted through it and about 10 minutes in I felt a burst of energy/warmth that really gave me an edge.

To date diet has been outstanding and I posted an example from yesterday to illustrate the average nutrient break down - I have meticulously planned this diet. Its actually missing a carrot muffin made with whole wheat flour, oat bran flour, protein powder and more. Perhaps 100 cals? Is anyone even reading this? :)

Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 1817
Fat: 26 234 11%
Sat: 12 104 5%
Poly: 8 71 3%
Mono: 3 26 1%
Carbs: 234 841 41%
Fiber: 24 0 0%
Protein: 166 665 33%
Alcohol: 43 302 15%

**I also am using 3 fish oil caps daily**
Is the alcohol intake a regular occurrence? That certainly won't do anything to help you obtain your goals. With your diet, both fat and protein seem a little on the low side. Shoot for a minimum of 1 gram protein per bodyweight. Your fat intake is particularly low, and you could likely add in some flax/olive oil to your diet.

Unless you have a very slow metabolism, I would increase your total daily calorie intake a bit starting out your diet. If you get to the point where you start to stall out on results and have to lower calories further, 1800 calories really doesn't leave you much room for adjustments.

I'd almost say for myself my favorite effect from powerfull is the increased sleep quality. It in itself is almost worth the price of the supplement, not to mention the strength gains and pumps it provides.

TiTanUp

TiTanUp

Awards
  • Established
Defintley can say the sleep is great on Powerfull.

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Is the alcohol intake a regular occurrence?
You know thats funny as it's not alcohol in the traditional sense! I was using Fitday and it asked for alcohol not sugars so I assumed that was what it was asking. Does that make sense now? I certainly wouldn't go through all this just to booze it up every night! How funny I didn't even see it that way!

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So what does the listed alcohol intake actually consist of?

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
the break down of sugar calories/sugar substitue calories

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
43 grams of sugar substitutes? That seems kinda high, are you pounding diet sodas and crystal light like there's no tomorrow or something?

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
its wrong it should be around 20 - 21. the diet part I really feel I have down well. When it comes time to bulk however thats different story

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you post a sample day in your diet and lay it out meal by meal? That calorie total seems really low, and I think you could likely get away with more.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Anymore updates ? Curious to see how your doing .

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Day 6

Cardio Day. Not too much to report today but my wife (who is also doing the body for life competition) said I was looking "buff" which was nice! I feel energized througout the workout even though I got stuck with the 1970 exercise bike! BTW my wife hates the sleep effects of the stack! Because it's the weekend I usually help with the night wakings of our 2 month old daughter - only she couldn't wake me! (Good for me I guess!) Oh and the libido effect made her happy also - she was much more into it than usual. :jaw:

Day 7

Weight (right after waking): 167.8lb (-7.2lb)
BF %: 21.3 (-2%)

WOW! Really excited about this. This is the least I think I have ever weighed and I can start to see the definition of a 4 pack! Today is cheat day so we're prepping meals for the next week. No workout, supps or clean eating! I'll check in tomorrow with everyone (and I'll also put up a copy of my diet for day 8 via fitday). Anyone interested in an updated picture? Would weekly be good?

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Props on the success.. Lets see the pic if ya got them.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 6

Cardio Day. Not too much to report today but my wife (who is also doing the body for life competition) said I was looking "buff" which was nice! I feel energized througout the workout even though I got stuck with the 1970 exercise bike! BTW my wife hates the sleep effects of the stack! Because it's the weekend I usually help with the night wakings of our 2 month old daughter - only she couldn't wake me! (Good for me I guess!) Oh and the libido effect made her happy also - she was much more into it than usual. :jaw:

Day 7

Weight (right after waking): 167.8lb (-7.2lb)
BF %: 21.3 (-2%)

WOW! Really excited about this. This is the least I think I have ever weighed and I can start to see the definition of a 4 pack! Today is cheat day so we're prepping meals for the next week. No workout, supps or clean eating! I'll check in tomorrow with everyone (and I'll also put up a copy of my diet for day 8 via fitday). Anyone interested in an updated picture? Would weekly be good?

Picture updates would be great, it really gives a better idea of those reading the thread of your progress. Weekly should be fine, at the end of the log you can compare beginning/ending photos and really see how well you've done.

Here's a word of advice, when having a cheat day when it comes to the diet, you are far better off doing so on a day that you lift. Try to save the cheating for after you've lifted, as your body will be much less likely to store the calories as bodyfat than if you're not active that day. You'd be much better off having one single cheat meal, or better yet a controlled refeed. There's no sense in dieting effectively for most of the week, only to put on half the fat you've lost right back on again due to a sloppy day on the diet.

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Max - I totally agree with that sentiment however according to the body for life book it is supposed to be the entire day. My wife and I decided that we are going to follow this to a "t" to guage the results. After this 12 weeks is up I plan on running a modified version with all the advice/experience I gather from this. BTW you have given some great information so I don't want you to think I just ignore you; it's only temporary! :)

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya there on wanting to follow the plan to a "t". I suspect these kinds of plans are written for the average person who's just starting out on a fitness and diet program, as it likely makes it easier for somebody to stick to the rest of the plan when they see the opportunity for a free day. I'd be willing to bet that since you're using such a potent stack that you aren't of the total beginner category where you'd need this type of day.

But anyway good job so far with the results you've already seen, and best of luck with the remainder of the plan.

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
You're right about the total beginner part - it's just I haven't eaten right consistently or exercised consistently in about 11 months (9 months of pregnancy for the wife and 2 months until she was ready to workout again). Keep the criticism coming though!
:study:

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's great that both you and your wife are doing this together, that has to be great for motivation and support for both of you.

I only wish my girlfriend was serious about doing something such as this. I think she looks great, but she is constantly complaining about her size/weight (typical woman I suppose). Yet, whenever I suggest that she try working out with me and shifting her diet to help lose a few pounds, she has absolutely no interest in doing so.

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Day 8

Lower body workout today. Strength is definately increasing and the workouts seem easier. Throughout the day i've felt kind "strong". Not sure if this makes sense but almost aggressive in a way and my body has been warm/tingly. Its a good feeling all around. I also realized today that on my lifting days i've been shorting myself 2 cissus! I fixed that today. I'm trying to convince the wife to extend my cycle (i.e. buy more supplements to extend this to 6/7 weeks instead of the 3.5)

Day 8

Lower body workout today. Strength is definately increasing and the workouts seem easier. Throughout the day i've felt kind "strong". Not sure if this makes sense but almost aggressive in a way and my body has been warm/tingly. Its a good feeling all around. I also realized today that on my lifting days i've been shorting myself 2 cissus! I fixed that today. I'm trying to convince the wife to extend my cycle (i.e. buy more supplements to extend this to 6/7 weeks instead of the 3.5)

Nutra planet is launching a sale soon on symmetry and cissus!Q!!!!!

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually I believe the sale is already on, great prices for sure.

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Nutra planet is launching a sale soon on symmetry and cissus!Q!!!!!
that would certainly help! BTW I just want to make sure i'm properly entered into the contest over at sm forums - becuase I would love to win those supps!

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Day 9

Cardio. Normal!

Day 10

Upper body! What a fantastic workout this was. I felt like I was lifting crazy the whole time! Afterwards I felt such an amazing pump and was literally walking around for the first few hours at work flexing! People must have thought I was mad! I think it was the missing dose of Cissus that really suddenly started a jump start. The mirror scale says I'm doing well.

Day 11

Diet clean. Not too much to report. Will do weight day 11.

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Day 13

167.8lbs (-7.2lb)
21.0% Body Fat (-.8%)

These results are great! I'm truly looking to stay around the same weight and just decrease body fat! This is working out really well! I can't weight for each day and I've been this excited to workout/eat healthy before. Questions? Comments!

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Thought i'd chime in with my final thoughts....

Final weight: 167lb
Body fat: 20.8%

Well I love thr product, I felt great on it. I think the problem (or benefit) with me was that I was getting back into training from a 6 month hiatus so I can't really discern the strenght gains from muscle memory/normal progress. I think the stack would be awesome to help with breaking through plateaus, etc and I would definately use again.

I ended up certainly looking "buff" as my wife put it and I definately accelerated my progress. Thanks USP for a fantastic product and one that I would reccomend to others. Can't wait to try it again in a year or so.

BTW all lifts sky rocketed on it!