Melting Point/Basic Cuts/Sesamin Stack with Log

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Melting Point/Basic Cuts/Sesamin Stack with Log

Background:
    Well well, where to start. First off this will be my first log/stack that I have written at AM. In general this is my "cleaning of my closet" stack. It’s centralized around Basic Cuts, Melting Point, Green Tea, and Sesamin. Throughout the course of this I will be tossing in other things such as CLA/Fish oil/Flax Oil/L-Glut/BCAA's.

General Setup
    In terms of training/nutrition I will be keeping things simple. I work 40+ hours a week so I run a 3-Day split with cardio after each session. In terms of nutrition I'm going to be sticking with about 3400-3600 calories, being that I clock in at 250lbs. I'll tweak this as necessary, based off of strength to fatloss ratio. Since its summer and I already went on vacation, I'm looking just to maintain a bit. I'm just going to be eating cleanly (for the most part) and exercising enough to maintain. I'm hoping that this will allow for more "truer" results from the supplements, since my diet/workout regiment will not be as strict. Hopefully I will be able to add a bench/Smith machine to my house so I can dabble around on the weekends.

Intervals of Posting/Misc
    As I stated, I work 40+ hours a week and I'm a Firefighter(volunteer) so I'll post when I can(hopefully every other day or so). Some side notes about my workouts; I'll post each one in depth for the day. As of now I’m still deciding on the details of it, but it will depend upon how well I stick to my diet. Now there are some X factors here, one being a very obvious one, I'm a Firefighter. This can interfere with my nutrition/workout regiments due to the fact that: I live in Western Pa, and now it’s getting to the part of summer where its 100% Humidity/80+ Degrees. Running around with fire stuff on can quickly destroy even the most athletic people. The only real effects I see from this are perhaps skipping a session of cardio, because lord knows I won't need it after a fire. In addition to this recovery can be upset (fire classes are normally on the weekend and I have a few lined up). I'm going to make an effort to stick a protein bar in my turnout gear so I can eat it as opposed to the crappy food that sometimes is provided. I'm looking forward to posting my results and hope other will enjoy my log. But now I must sleep for the last NHL game of the year is less than 24 hours away....

Oh yeah, here is a picture so you know I'm Legit

2. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Get some magnesium and potassium, especally if you're using sesamin with the MP and ESPECIALLY with your line of work (voluntary firefighter).

I recommend either running full dose MP with one cap sesamin (6 caps MP, 1 cap sesa), or lower dose MP and 2 caps sesa (4 caps MP, 2 caps sesa).

What is your bf% approx?

Good look.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Hello Robboe, thanks for the advice. I haver some ZMA i'm gonna toss into the mix. The log will begin tommarow and I'll post more specifics then. My BF is around 20%.
    •   

4. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.91%

Cool, but definately get some potassium also.
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Alright well as I promised its time for the first actual log post plus some clarification on my supplements/dosing:

Lifting/Cardio
    Well today I did back and my workout looked a little something like this:

Exercise Sets Reps
    Close Grip Pull downs 4 8-10
    Bent over Barbell Row 4 8-10
    One-Arm Dumbbell Row 4 8-10
    Front Pull-Downs 4 8-10
    Barbell Shrugs 3 8-14

I didn’t post any weight(s) yet but I’m keeping a log on my own. The same will go for the diet, unless something drastically changes, then I’ll make a specific update just for that. Since I’m just starting I won't bore you with the finite details. As for cardio I do anywhere from 15-25 minutes after each session. The amount I do varies upon how active I was at work and at what level I decide to perform cardio on (I play ice hockey so I do heavy Lactic Acid build up routines that run anywhere from 10-14 minutes and sometimes I just go all out). Today I did 15 minutes b/c I had to come home and move **** around in my attic and I figured that would count for something.

Supplement Dosing Nutrition

Melting Point: 4 Caps a day
    Seas: 2 Caps a day
    Basic Cuts: Bottle recommendation (2 pre and 2 in the morning) I lift more than 6 hours apart.
    Green Tea Extract: 3 pills a day (500mg 98% polyphenols/45%EGCG per serving)
    ZMA: 20-45MG of Zinc and 400mg of Magnesium
    Vit E: 800iu's 2 x per day
    Vit C: 2-5g's 3 x per day
    Closet Cleaner Supp #1: CLA Bottle Recommendations until gone.

*Potassium is on the way

As for nutrition I have my own plan that consists of your basic foods (Tuna/Chicken/Whole wheat breads/Whey/Skim Milk...etc etc). I'm always in a rush so my meals are simple and easy to make. As I stated above I won't post any real in-depth specs yet but I’m running on about a 45/35/20 of Protein/Carbs/Fat regiment.

Notes/Misc
    This one goes out to robboe; with basic cuts should I still take 4 pills a day on non workout/cardio days?

Also I'm planning on getting some sort of workout cage in the near future. I have a rowing machine for cardio but I would like to add a bike as well. Being that I’m still In school and I will be returning in the fall I’m not sure on how much I wish to dump into this setup, but I will have a cage within the next 2 weeks. This will allow me to do some make up work on the weekends. I'm still planning on going to the gym, but I crave to do more than 3 days.

If anyone has anything to add please feel free to do so.
  6. DS Board Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.87%

Program looks very sound. You will get some tangible results for sure.
    Glad you got the potasium. The only time I got cramping was when I cobined MP with Sensamim. I also found taruine helpful for the cramping as well
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

THanks I'll check and see what cramping occuars and if i want to add any addition supps. I'll keep ya posted.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Ah yes Day TWO! Last night we had a washing machine on fire and then a Motorvehicle accident with entrapment so i was tired as hell today at the gym, but i busted out my leg routine with extreme prejudice:

Workout

Excerise Sets Reps
    Leg Press(unilaterial) 4 8,4,10,10
    Front Squats 3 10,10,12
    Leg Extensions 4 12
    Reverse Lunge 4 12
    Romanian Dead Lift 4 6,8,8,12

Supplements

Took all of the ones listed before, but this time I found a multivitman and i'm trwoing that in the Mix as of tommarow.

SO far so good, strength seems ok, and the diet isn;t to severe. I need to buy some protein bars for a quick breakfast.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

WHoops sorry for not posting anything. On thursday we had some bad storms and i ended up running fire calls instead of lifting. Now that it is the weekend, I have signed up for Car Fire class, so i'll entertain you guys when i get back.

So far so good, supplementation is good, and No cramps!. I'll do a weight check in a week to see what the damage is.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Alright well I'm back now, and tired as hell. I kept quite well to my supplementation and will be back on my workout schedule tomorrow. I'll post specifics tomorrow night. I have a few more supplements coming, but nothing major. In the mean time I got some pictures for you from my training, hope you enjoy.

I got around 50 more pictures plus about 3 minues worth of video, I'll post the link to where i'm gonan upload the photos. If anyone would like to see the videos i'll post them with a link attachment.
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.61%

dude thats my ****ing car.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.51%

sounds like your dedicated to losing the weight bro, good luck to you.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Alright well here is todays update:

Workout

Today was back day and I did my normal routine:

Front Pull-Downs 4 8-10
    Barbell Shrugs 3 8-14

Nutrition

Well thus far i'm been doing quite well in terms of the diet. Today things got a wee bit screwed. I was super busy at work and ended up skipping one of my meals, which intern shifted off the rest of my meals. Not ot metnion I only ha da protein shake after my workout, and i perceded to do some errands. Needless to say I was hungry as hell, and ended up probably eating more than i should. Luckly it was Chicken and some pork, but it was in a large quanity. Oh well I'll besure to not allow that to happen again. Outside of this everything else holding together.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Excercise
    Front Squats 3 10,10,12
    Leg Extensions 4 12
    Reverse Lunge 4 12
    Romanian Dead Lift 4 6,8,8,6

I had a wicked horrible headache and I was lucky to power through this routine. I skipped the cardio in lue of finding some IB profin.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Ahhh Chrap, Sorry for the late post, but I was super busy between today and thursday:

Workout
    I pyrmided inline decline and regualr benching in a
    8 7 6 7 8 rep range for all three of those excersices
    Cable Flyes 3 Sets of 10-14 reps, with contraction after each rep, to get a nice burn.

Cardio
    I did 25 minutes on the bike at a med-high range

Nutrition
    This area kinda got fugged a bit but I was able to redeem myself. Everything is on track in this department. As i said, I'm not going super strict, until i have more time and I'm back at school so I'm meeting my requirements within about
    +/- 20g's of Carbs/ Protein. Fats I try to keep at on target levels.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Ahhh man the 4th of july rules, I lunched so many of my own rockets....

anyways here we go:

Excercise
    Front Pull-Downs 4 8-10
    Barbell Shrugs 3 8-14

Weight is keeping about the same, and i took a weight/measurement reading. So far i droped around .25-1in in the measurements and a few lbs overall. So i take it my nutrition schedule is ok and i'm not gonan tweek it until about 2 weeks(or less) from now. Although i did enjoy a few brewski's and brauts over the 4th, I think it didn;t do to much damage.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Man i thought i posted a while ago but apparently i did not:

This was on Friday 7/7/2006:

Excercise

Front Squats 3 10,10,12
    Leg Extensions 4 12
    Reverse Lunge 4 12

Supplementation Notes

FOr the past couple of days i've been missing one dosing of my supplements for one reason or another. I'm going to get plastic baggies tommarow and just set out for the next week my dosing and hopeully this will end. I don't like pissing away my time or money.

In other news, today I went to the pittsburgh airshow and the blue angels where there. They kick ass. :bruce1:
  18. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.91%

Yeah, try and keep consistent. it is key.
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Ok well alot has been going on and is chaning so this post is gonan be rather large.

Workout
    7/10/2006
    Front Pull-Downs 4 8-10
    Barbell Shrugs 3 8-14

7/12/2006
    Front Squats 3 10,10,12
    Leg Extensions 4 12
    Reverse Lunge 4 12

Notes: So far these lifts have all been good. No major loss in weight and fatigue is minimal.

Nutrition
    Well so far things have been decent at 3600 calories. Since my diet has beena bit off as of late, i'm droping cals to 3400 and going to attempt to be much stricker with my meals. I've crafted a new shopping list and by tomamrow I will have all of the neccary items i will need. A mix of that and my lifts are of equal or more weight. Not to mention my wieght has slightly gone up and measurements remain closely the same. I might drop it another 100 cals in a week just for S and G's.

Supplement
    SInce i implimented the baggies everything is good. I have yet to miss a supplement dosing as of yet. I'm going ot be adding this Optuimin Protein Night Time whey into the mix as one of the many closet clearing suplements. CLA will expire in about a week or less.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Alright, posting time!

Workout
    7/14/2006
    I did my nomral chest reoutine where I prymided reps using the three main types of benching
    8 7 6 7 8 rep range was used for all three of those excersices

Cable Flyes 3 Sets of 10-14 reps, with contraction after each rep.

Nutrition
    Nutriton is ok, I gotta retask a few things with my diet, but I should be able to do all of that by monday. So far so good.

Supplements
    Supplements are holding together ok, The baggie idea works and I have yet to miss a dosing yet.
  21. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.91%

How is your weight?

Looking better in the mirror?
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Man that avatar is freaking me the **** out!
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Its foresberg and he is my hero so its going to remain. Anyways here is todays combined update:

Workout
    7/18/2006
    Front Pull-Downs 4 8-10
    Barbell Shrugs 3 8-14

7/19/2006
    Prymid benching with cable flyes( 3 x 10-13) and barbell curls.(3x 10)

I slightly changed up the days i'm lifting just for the hell of it.

Nutrition/Supplements
    Nutrition is holding together susprisingly well and supplements are being administed correctly. I have about 1.5 days left of CLA before I move on to the next thing. I'm downgrading my tuna from the packages with sunflower oil to reg ones b/c iIhave a ton of flax and fish oils in my closet. Also I stoped taking my L-Tauine and so far I have had zero cramps. Also I have a new 3L jug and I've been pounding like 3 a Day thus far(and pissing my brains out). Since i'm taking alot more protein in now(as oppsoed to before my diet) and caffine, I'm trying to ease the strain on my kidenys.

I'm not sure if i'm going to lift tommarow or not, b/c I have a half-day of work on friday. I'll be keeping in touch.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

BAM! update time.

Workout
    Squats 3 10,10,12
    Leg Extensions 3 12(superset with Curls)
    Leg Curls 3 12

Nutrition
    This catagory fell apart today being that i left my tuna at home, so I was forced to just kinda go hungry. until i was done lifting and then I woofed down 4 chicken Breasts.

General Comments
    Well so far I think my diet has picked it up a notced that i balacned some things out and became a bit more strict with it. I think my test levels are up, because all I think about is Lifting, Firefirefighting and Intercourse Not to mention my arms and legs are gettin a bit more cut. My diet is still probaly outta wack, but i'm doin liek 100% better than a few weeks ago, so I'll take what I can get.
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Update time:

Workout
    7/24/2006
    Lat pulldowns 3 10-12
    Straight Arm Pulldowns 3 10-12
    Seated Row 3 8-10
    One-Arm Dumbbell Row 3 10-12
    Front Pull-Downs 3 10-12

Supplements
    Well the CLA is now gone and i'm now tossing in BCAA's that i have left over, these should last me until the end of the stack.

General Notes
    As it stands I have roughly 1.5-2 weeks left of Melting point and less than that of basic cuts. Once basic cuts/Melting point are gone this will conclude my stack and i'll post a debreif of the results and my thoughts.
  26. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.91%

Cool beans.

Any cramping?
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Negative on the cramps, I have had nothing yet.

Anyways its update time:

Workout
    7/26/2006
    Chest day consiting of pyrmid(ing) incline/regular benching for 4 sets up and 4 sets down,(12-10, 8, 6,4)
    Cable Flies 10-12 x 3
    Barbell Curls 3 x 10-12
    Ran two miles

7/27/2006
    Leg day:

Smith Machine squats 3 x 10-14 superseted with
    One-leg presses 3 x 10

Leg Curls/Extensions superseted with one another 3 x 12
  28. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.91%

Strange. How much weight have you lost?
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  29. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.62%

Nice log. What are your final results?
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Well I still got about a week left, so i'll post the final stuff this friday. In terms of weight I have dropped about 10-13lbs while retaining most of my muscle. As I said I'll post the results later on, I've had a quite busy weekend(seems everyone decided to wreck there car in my township) and I have a massive parade tommarrow.
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Ok well the end of this cycle is now upon me, mostly b/c things have deteriorated quite quickly. I have had a ****e ton of work and Firedept related material going on, not to mention I’m out of basic cuts. Anyways here are the in-depth end results:

Supplements used during cycle
    The total amount of supplements used are as follows: Sesathin(Scivation) Basic Cuts(DS) Melting Point(DS), Green tea(Higher Power Nutrition) CLA(EAS) BCAA 1000’s(Optimum Nutrition) Vitamin C(Costco Brand) Vitamin E(Costco Brand) ZMA(Higher Power Nutrition)

Dosing was either bottle recommendations (CLA, BCAA, Green tea) or custom to how I set everything up. For the most part this is how the rest of the stack was dished out:

Sesathin x 2 with Melting point
    Melting Point x 4 with two of the later day meals
    Basic cuts x 2(on lifting day, two pills in the morning and two before lifting while just two in the morning on non-lifting days)
    Vit C 1mg three times daily
    Vit E 800IU’s in the morning
    ZMA x 3(roughly around 30mg of zinc and 450mg of mag)
    Note that the x some number does represent pills unless indicated otherwise, also L-Tauine was used but only for a short time, and I followed the bottle rec’s.

Obviously I used a whey protein powder but it was just a regular 5lb tub from Costco, nothing special here. On the side I ended up getting rid of my Vitamin C, CLA, and put a good dent into the BCAA’s. I still have more but I can always use it for another cycle.

Results
    At the start of this test I was roughly 250lbs and checking in at about 23% body fat. Coupling these supplements and a rather fair diet worked out pretty well, being that I’m now at 238ish and 19ish percent body fat. I used measurements at various points over the body to gauge BF as well as a Health O-meter scale. For the most part a lot of the initial weight lost was due to water weight, but I kept the diet semi clean and the workouts at a high intensity. Physically I can notice some reductions in BF, but I still have a ways to go to get where I want to be. In terms of cardio I did anywhere from 15-20 minutes at a rather high level after I lifted, not to mention that at least 2 times a week, I had extra physical labor that was exerted on me in one form or another (Fire calls, Ripping down Insulation, Chopping wood…etc). The weakest point of the whole cycle would be my diet. It went from outstanding to terrible in no time flat. During the week things were good, I was at working and eating cleanly. Once Friday came, things went right out the window. I made poor choices or didn’t eat all of the meals/didn’t eat at all. Not to mention supplementation dropped a few times during the weekend as well. With this aside I still would like to give credit to the supplements for doing there job even though I was not.

Final Notes
    Basically I would like to thanks the guys from DS for lending some valuable advice and crafting this quite potent/useful product. As I described above, my diet was not that great throughout and I missed supplement dosing, and yet I still managed to drop some weight and retain most of my muscle mass. Also I would like to thank all of you who read my log, being that it’s my first one. I look forward to posting another log in a few weeks when I revamp a few things and get back on track with school. Once again, thanks.
  32. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.91%

Cool. So what is the plan of action for the next 4-8 weeks?
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Well I'm gonna take a week or so off from lifting, and then come the week of the 18th i'll pick it all back up and try to hold a few hundred cals below mantain.... then when school fires up i'm going full bore in a Cutting cycle, take a month or so off around Xmas and then pick it back up in late january to continue on for next summer. I don't have all of the inner workings yet but I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Melting Point/Basic Cuts
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
  2. Melting Point/Basic Cuts stack
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 06:48 PM
  3. cAMPH, powerFULL, melting point, basic cuts
    By apron in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 12:36 AM
  4. Melting Point+Basic Cuts (Quest for Abs)
    By want_some_mass in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 10:17 PM
  5. Melting point/basic cuts
    By wideguy in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 12:06 PM