TLMG's Jungle Warfare Log

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    10 pounds.... but what's the heaviest you have been?
    The heaviest has been 246lbs, but that was years ago. Again, 10lbs can be a lot of things, and like I said, not even Superdrol could do that in 10 days. I believe the 10lbs has more to do with increased glycogen retention due to my moving from a hypo to a hyper-caloric diet...coupled with the increased ability to store nutrients due to the JW effects on the AR and test levels.

Granted I do believe that some of the gain is muscle, maybe 1-2 lbs of it if I am going to be consisted with what ALRI reports as being average muscle gain over 12 weeks, but I can't sit here and say that all 10 of it is pure muscle.

2. Hey bro,

Mad props on the weight gain and those strength gains seem pretty sic two. just curious how much have u stepped up ur protien n the last ten days? Cause I know for me a calorie spike with an big increase in protien helps me pack weight on a lot faster

BTW does any one remember the calories = lbs of fat equation I know they taught it in school just can't remember does 1000 K/cals : 1 lb of fat sound right? just curious
    •   

3. 3500kcals = 1lb of fat

for all you smart kids that did 454x9=4086

'Q. In books on nutrition, I'm told that to lose one pound of fat it's necessary either to reduce my food intake by 3500 calories or to exercise so that 3500 calories are burned. How is the value of 3500 determined? If fat contains 9 calories per gram, and there are 454 grams in a pound, then there should be 4086 calories in a pound of fat-- not 3500.

A. The nutrition books are correct-- 3500 calories per pound of fat is not an absolute amount, but it's very close. However, your math is correct, too. Here is the story.

When we burn fat, or other nutrients, heat is produced, which is measured in calories. As you note, each gram of fat generates 9 calories, and 454 grams equals one pound. But a pound of fat is not all fat. It's about 10% water. All of our body tissues--fat, muscle, bone, skin--contain some water. And water has zero calories.

In addition, not all the nutrients we eat are completely absorbed from the digestive tract to meet metabolic needs. In the case of fat, roughly 5% is eliminated in the feces. This 10% water content and 5% non-absorbed fat accounts for the 15% difference between your calculated 4086 calories and the actual 3500 calories in a pound of fat.

Two other minor points: The calories can be reduced when the meal is high in fiber. Fiber speeds the movement of food through the digestive system, there is less time for the nutrients to be absorbed before they are eliminated. So the non-absorbed fat could be a bit higher. Also, the amount of heat generated from fat differs a little for various foods (depending on fatty acid content). For example, there are 9.50 calories in one gram of meat compared with 9.30 calories for vegetables and fruits and 9.25 calories for dairy products.'

Patrick J. Bird, Ph.D.
    Keeping Fit
    Column 489a

4. thanx alot

5. Quote Originally Posted by DaveB
    3500kcals = 1lb of fat

for all you smart kids that did 454x9=4086

'Q. In books on nutrition, I'm told that to lose one pound of fat it's necessary either to reduce my food intake by 3500 calories or to exercise so that 3500 calories are burned. How is the value of 3500 determined? If fat contains 9 calories per gram, and there are 454 grams in a pound, then there should be 4086 calories in a pound of fat-- not 3500.

A. The nutrition books are correct-- 3500 calories per pound of fat is not an absolute amount, but it's very close. However, your math is correct, too. Here is the story.

When we burn fat, or other nutrients, heat is produced, which is measured in calories. As you note, each gram of fat generates 9 calories, and 454 grams equals one pound. But a pound of fat is not all fat. It's about 10% water. All of our body tissues--fat, muscle, bone, skin--contain some water. And water has zero calories.

In addition, not all the nutrients we eat are completely absorbed from the digestive tract to meet metabolic needs. In the case of fat, roughly 5% is eliminated in the feces. This 10% water content and 5% non-absorbed fat accounts for the 15% difference between your calculated 4086 calories and the actual 3500 calories in a pound of fat.

Two other minor points: The calories can be reduced when the meal is high in fiber. Fiber speeds the movement of food through the digestive system, there is less time for the nutrients to be absorbed before they are eliminated. So the non-absorbed fat could be a bit higher. Also, the amount of heat generated from fat differs a little for various foods (depending on fatty acid content). For example, there are 9.50 calories in one gram of meat compared with 9.30 calories for vegetables and fruits and 9.25 calories for dairy products.'

Patrick J. Bird, Ph.D.
    Keeping Fit
    Column 489a

^^Awesome

Terminator: Great gains bro, keep it up. I got some JW on the way! Now I'm even more excited.
    •   

6. Update

Last night I emailed ALRI and asked them if the dosage was weight dependant. For example, obviously a guy who weighs 175lbs @ 10% bodyfat is going to have fewer androgen receptor sites compared to a guy who weighs 230lbs @ 10% bodyfat because the smaller guy has fewer skeletal muscle fibers/less muscle mass compared to a bigger, more muscular guy. There, it would seem logical to me that 3 caps will not yeild the same results for the 230lb guy as it would the 175lb guy. So I emailed ALRI regarding this issue and here is Author's response:

"At the recommended dosage almost all non AAS/PH users will see good results. Those that have used them can increase dosages to about 2 x suggested and note improved results, but those who have not really do not need to. It is like any other compound or product in that size does matter, but also depends upon the users history."

I have run 3 cycles of Ergomax in the last year, coupled with prostanozol and Max LMG. I've also used 1AD/4AD in the past as well. Also, it is noted that size of the person dose matter. So here's what I'm going to do. Author has requested photos of me so that he can get a better idea as to what my dosing should be based on my physique...and of course based on my previous ph use.

I'll let everyone know what he has to say and I'll post the same photos I send him up here online to help give everyone a better idea of the dosage they should be using for optimal results based on their weight, and based on their own PH/AAS/Designer steroid history use.

Until then, I am going to continue taking 3 caps a day and see where I'm at weight wise on Tuesday when it'll have been exactly 2 weeks for me. There may not even be a need for me to step up my dosage if I'm still gaining.

Romanreid

Yes, I've increased my protein from around 270g to 375-400g daily.

Eightpak
    Are those your abs? If so....DAMN bro!! Are you going to start your own JW log on here when you get it??

7. Have you noticed any "leaning" out effect?

8. Well its only fair that you post some pictures for us right Please???????? C'mon!!!!!!!

Hope your enjoying the JW, everyone seems to be liking it alot and gaining well off of it. Just try to keep the acne at bay.

Good luck!!!!!!! and Make us proud

9. Quote Originally Posted by size
    Have you noticed any "leaning" out effect?
    Not so much yet. If the average was a loss of 6-8lbs of bodyfat in 12 weeks...well, that would be 1lb of fat lost in 2 weeks. Honestly, I guess since I see myself in the mirror every day it's hard to tell. My wife will be taking digital photos of me tomorrow though...it's about time I finally got a chance to do that for everyone. I bet though that if I had a pic of myself at day vs. now that I'd be able to tell. I do however, on a purely subjective level, feel leaner. My belt buckle is fitting loser. Objectively though I'll have to get those photos up for everyone already.

My wife and I are poor. We're newly weds So, not so much money. I tried for a digital camera on our wedding registry that wasn't expensive at all. Damn, I swear the cheapo's that came to our wedding looked at our registry and saw the digital camera and the blow torch for creme' brule' and thought to themselves "Oh, HE must have put that on there. Weddings are all about the brides so we'll get her a gift instead but make it out to both of them." ****, all I wanted was damn digital camera and a blow torch for the kitchen. We got every other damn piece of china and silverwear and foot bubble bath crap that she loves...but no blow torch and digital camera for me. 2 things. that's all I wanted. And it stead we got a bunch of kitchen stuff. Just what every guy loves getting. But aaahhh, I'm just being a big baby right now. I am beyond appreciative and thankful for the stuff we got because our place honestly looked like my old college dorm room. Everything from our kitchen and living room and bedroom now is so nice thanks to everyone who came to our wedding. We actually have a cozy place now to call ours that we're not ashamed of to have people over.

So, long story short, pics coming soon.

10. hehe. gotta have a close friend to buy the digital camera dude. cuz if they get u the cheap one, they might think you will call them cheap in your heart, when in fact even the cheap digital camera costs more than what they probably ended getting you. so they don't want to that risk perhaps. anyways, you have one now right? did u end up paying for one yourself?

11. Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    hehe. gotta have a close friend to buy the digital camera dude. cuz if they get u the cheap one, they might think you will call them cheap in your heart, when in fact even the cheap digital camera costs more than what they probably ended getting you. so they don't want to that risk perhaps. anyways, you have one now right? did u end up paying for one yourself?
    Yeah, I have one, but damn....the pics it generates makes me look like I'm 2 miles away so you can't even tell anything by the pics. Back to square one. Damn.
  12. Day 13

Ok, things are changing. First off, I'm tired of my old workout routine so I'm switching to a Doggcrap style of training. Here's how it'll go.

Monday: Chest, Delts, Tris
    Tuesday: Back Width, Back Thickness, Biceps, Forearms
    Wednesday: OFF...cardio
    Thursday: Quads, Hammies, calves.
    Friday: Repeat Monday's workout
    Saturday: OFF
    Sunday: OFF...cardio
    Monday: Repeat Tuesday's Workout
    Tuesday: Repeat Thursday's workout.

Today's deviates a bit from the above as I did monday's workout today instead of tomorrow.

Chest:

• Incline Press: 315lbs....7 to failure + 8 Rest/Pause reps
    • Incline Press: 225lbs....10 to failure + 10 Rest/Pause reps
    • Flat Bench Dumbell Press: 100lbs DB's...7 to failure + 5 Rest/Pause reps
    • Decline Hammer Strength Press: 405lbs...8 to failure + 12 Rest/Pause Reps

Delts

• Military Press (Smith Machine): 185lbs...10 to failure + 10 Rest/Pause Reps
    • Military Press Again: 205lbs...6 to failure + 5 Rest/Pause

• Upright Rows: 135lbs...10 to failure + 15 Rest/Pause Reps

Triceps

• Cable Press Downs (Elbows Flaired Jay Cutler Style): 300lbs...10 to failure + 10 Rest/Pause reps.
    • Cable Press Downs...same as above.
    • Overhead DB Extensions (One arm): 35lbs...10 to failure + 10 Rest/Pause Reps.

D/C style training is totally new to me so those of you with any experience with it, if you have any suggestions or hints or advice, that would be much appreciated.

Now for the subjective updates on JW...Libido is still way up. The acne has subsided for the most part but I still get a few pimples here and there. Strength and overall stamina however are way up. Today's workout was kind of a baseline establishment for me with D/C to work off of on Thursday as on many of the exercises I could have gone heavier. Yet none the less I'm feeling much stronger. The vasodilation effect is still crazy too. I'm always full and pumped on this stuff. My dreams are still like long and crazy fairy tale journeys that are very memorable in the morning. My appetite and water intake too has increased. Oh, and another thing I've forgotten to mention is that my body temp seems to be much higher lately too. I sweat just as much on JW as I do on the Venom Hyperdrive 3.0. Anyways, I'll be weighing myself again on Tuesday and will post it back here for everyone.

I am thinking of increasing the dosage to 4 or 5 anyways as I have a pretty solid history of PH use. I'll wait and see though until Tuesday's weigh in. It may not even be necessary.
  13. Day 14

Feeling very strong today. My strength and stamina is remarkably high in the gym. Even though I'm tired towards the end, I still feel very strong with each set. Acne has gone away. Sex drive is very high!!! Ha ha ha Sleep is very deep. Tomorrow I'll weigh myself for everyone. I'm very curious about any weight changes with last weeks drastic flux.

Here is today's workout Doggcrap style.

Back

Thickness

Machine Rows..I used Rest/Pause here for 20 reps on both sets.
    One arm Dumbell Rows...normanl rep set
    Rack Dead Lifts...normal rep set

Width

Lat Pulldowns...rest/pause style
    Rev. Grip Lat Pull Downs...also rest/pause

Biceps

Hammer Strength Preacher Curls
    Dumbell Hammer Curls
    Seated Dumbell Curls

quite a few of my lifts went up today, and on most back exercises I was pulling more than before the month layoff I had to take.

Diet is still 4000 calories daily.

14. i'm subscribed to this, one of the best kept logs i've read on the sites.

i'm on an anti-biotic right now because I have mild acne, since this increases my testosterone levels, do you guys think this will make me break out like pizza face status?

15. Quote Originally Posted by omied
    i'm subscribed to this, one of the best kept logs i've read on the sites.

i'm on an anti-biotic right now because I have mild acne, since this increases my testosterone levels, do you guys think this will make me break out like pizza face status?
    Thank you I'm glad to know that I'm being helpful. As far as acne goes, I only had problems with it for the first 5 days or so. Then it just sort of went away. And since you're on an anti-biotic for acne...I wouldn't even worry about it. What's your past history with acne been like? Have you always had really bad acne?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Terminator LMG
    Thank you I'm glad to know that I'm being helpful. As far as acne goes, I only had problems with it for the first 5 days or so. Then it just sort of went away. And since you're on an anti-biotic for acne...I wouldn't even worry about it. What's your past history with acne been like? Have you always had really bad acne?
    naw not too bad thankfully. I'll prolly ask my dermo just in-case, though i bet they'd recommend against taking any supp's but we'll see.

17. Quote Originally Posted by omied
    naw not too bad thankfully. I'll prolly ask my dermo just in-case, though i bet they'd recommend against taking any supp's but we'll see.
    Your dermatologist doesn't get paid to keep up on supplements. The most he'll probably tell you is that there is a significant correlation/relationship between elevated testosterone levels, oily skin, and increased acne.

I hate to say it but doctors just don't know about supplements. They don't get commission off of keeping their knowledge up to date. To illustrate just how primitive their knowledge is about supplements, generally speaking of course b/c there are docs who are up to date on supps, but most doctors still believe that creatine is bad for your health. It all comes down to the all-mighty dollar, and that all-mighty dollar comes from prescribing prescription meds, not supplements. Therefore, docs will know more about meds than they do supps because it contributes to their paycheck, their welfare, their family's welfare, that new car in the parking lot and the jet ski sitting in the garage of their 4 million dollar home....generally speaking of course.

18. No offense, but what you are doing is not DC. Refer to the short manual I have attached. I am no expert myself but if you have any questions, ask.

Great log by the way!
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. i know it's still way too early, but is there anybody at all who is willing to venture a guess on the outcome of taking j.w. vs. hyperdrol?

i really need to order some dermabolics e-form asap, so i just figure i'll order j.w. and/or hyperdrol and/or anagen or any combination of. i know it's highly unlikely anybody has tried both solo for any amount of time since it's so new but i figure i'll just ask here anyways in case by fluke anybody has any bright ideas.

i am leaning towards buying both j.w. & hyperdrol or j.w. only since hyperdrol has cissus which i am taking anyways. but then they claim their cissus is different. it's all so confusing.

20. Outstanding log so far, have u noticed any anxiety while on JW, I was only on it for 8 days but had to stop due to job,kids,wife, ya know life gets in the way sometime, but I want to start again, not sure if it was indeed the JW but would like to know if this happened to anyone else, as far as being a newlywed and no extra money, throw kids in the mix, but it will all work out, interesting log good job bro.....

21. I'm waiting this log and others out to decide whether to go with JW or HD this august. Both should be pretty good. Right now I'm leaning toward JW. Of course not many Hyperdrol logs yet.

22. Quote Originally Posted by machinehead
    No offense, but what you are doing is not DC. Refer to the short manual I have attached. I am no expert myself but if you have any questions, ask.

Great log by the way!
    The DC training I'm using was taken right from Dante's mouth out of the pages of the July 2006 issue of Ironman. The article with Dante is called Dante's Inferno: Who Is He, and Why Is Doggcrapp Training Building So Much Muscle Mass?

And me too, I'm no expert myself either as this is all new to me so I'll definitely be reading over the manual you linked up Thanks!! I'm curious what the similarities and differences are between the two.

23. Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    Outstanding log so far, have u noticed any anxiety while on JW, I was only on it for 8 days but had to stop due to job,kids,wife, ya know life gets in the way sometime, but I want to start again, not sure if it was indeed the JW but would like to know if this happened to anyone else, as far as being a newlywed and no extra money, throw kids in the mix, but it will all work out, interesting log good job bro.....
    Hey thanks No, I haven't noticed any anxiety. The only psychological effect I've noticed is a heightened feeling of being the "alpha male."

I'm a firm believer though that a lot of times when something different happens, generally speaking of course, people's first response is to say that it is a result of the supplement. I call this the "Damn I farted and it reeks like hell more than usual. It must be because of the new supplement I'm taking"...effect. I know I've done this before. Did the anxiety go away after stopping the use of JW??

24. Well basically you have to do one RP set of only one exercise, deadlifts, forearms, calves and quads excluded. Also, you have to do the 2 way split not the 3 way you just started, it is for those with superior recovery ability and definately not for those just starting.

The 3 exercises he listed are to be rotated, not done all at once. I see how it can be confusing the way it's laid out in the magazine. You will eventually set it up right, good luck!

...and I say 'have to' because everything is the way it is for a reason...

25. Quote Originally Posted by machinehead
    Well basically you have to do one RP set of only one exercise, deadlifts, forearms, calves and quads excluded. Also, you have to do the 2 way split not the 3 way you just started, it is for those with superior recovery ability and definately not for those just starting.

The 3 exercises he listed are to be rotated, not done all at once. I see how it can be confusing the way it's laid out in the magazine. You will eventually set it up right, good luck!

...and I say 'have to' because everything is the way it is for a reason...
    I gotcha ya I see where I'm making my mistakes. Thank you very much for that document!! I'll have it set up correctly for next week and get it started again...correctly this time .

Oh hey, and by the way, are you using Doggcrapp training right now? And if so, are the gains in terms of strength and mass really as significant as claimed?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Terminator LMG
    Oh hey, and by the way, are you using Doggcrapp training right now? And if so, are the gains in terms of strength and mass really as significant as claimed?
    I did it for 5 weeks back in May. I was cutting and I was able to gain a little lbm while losing some [not too much] fat. I looked full all the time on very little carbs and was getting stronger beyond belief. I can't wait to start it again on a bulk! I think the claims are not far-fetched at all, although individual results will vary greatly.
  27. Day 17

Quote Originally Posted by machinehead
    I looked full all the time on very little carbs and was getting stronger beyond belief.
    Yeah, in just 2 workouts I've gone from incline benching 315 for 6 reps to failure before starting the rest/pause reps, to benching 315lbs for 9 reps before I hit failure. Damn I'm sure the DC style has a good deal to do with that, and the Jungle Warfare too I've noticed has allowed me to make some very noticeable strength gains. The two together will be what I'll be using for the next 5 1/2 weeks.

So...I weighed myself this morning and I'm still at 230lbs. Now, I'm leaner than I was last week, and I'm looking bigger in the mirror when I'm cold, first thing in the morning. That's going to be the hard part with Jungle Warfare. It's not like Ergomax where the number jumps are very significant over a short period of time as you gain 15lbs in 4 weeks. With the JW there seems to be a 2:1 ratio between muscle mass gained and body fat lost. Kind of like 2 steps forward and one step backward on the scale. So it'll be a bit harder as I've noticed that some people tend to pay more attention to the actual change in #'s than the reasoning behind the changes in the #'s. So even though it looks like I'm stagnant right now, I'm really not. Changes are happening.

About the photos....I did get them, but I'm going to be brutally honest in saying that the quality just sucks ass. A picture taken up close looks like it was taken at 2 miles away, even on Zoom in!! So...back to square one for this. I may just have to break down and buy a damn digital myself because I really want everyone reading this to see the changes. And if worse comes to worse there should at least be an "after" photo that I can post up...not ideal but better than nothing. There should be some good 4th of July sales coming up this weekend so I'll be keeping an eye out on the adds.

Overall though, at 2 1/2 weeks in I'm impressed. For a non hormonal product the strength gains, increased stamina, increased libido and reduction in body fat coupled with a noticeably more muscular physique is pretty damn good.

No noticeable side effects to report so far. No hairloss, no shedding, no increase in acne...pretty smooth sailing from a purely visual standpoint.

28. seems a waste to get a digital camera just take pictures to post up here. do u have any other use for the new digital camera if you buy one?

why don't you just get your wife to take a picture with the camera you have now? just work with whatever you got.

29. Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    seems a waste to get a digital camera just take pictures to post up here. do u have any other use for the new digital camera if you buy one?

why don't you just get your wife to take a picture with the camera you have now? just work with whatever you got.
    Well, the camera we borrowed sucks. The pics look like I'm standing 2 miles away even on zoom. I do have some non-digital pics that we took of my wife and I in Vegas on our honeymoon. I think next time I'm over at my parent's place I'll get the pics scanned and post them up. They're right before I started JW. Although I have a shirt on, it's really tight and you can get a good idea of my build.
  30. Day 19

I've been having some kickass strength gains this past week. On Sunday I was only able to incline bench 315lbs for 6 reps. On Thursday however I incline benched 315 for 9 reps....that's 3 extra reps in less than week!! Cool in my book I've switched to a DC style of training and I'm really enjoying the change up in my workouts. Coupled with the JW and how strong it is making me feel, I think I'm in for some really solid strength gains with some mass added on the side. Almost all of my lifts have been going up, either in weight or in the # of reps I'm cranking out.

I'll be weighing myself again on Tuesday. My diet is still at 4000 kcals a day with cardio 2x a week. So far so good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jungle Warfare Log -ryansm-
    By ryansm in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
  2. Jungle Warfare Log
    By ABSOLUTion in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 02:25 AM
  3. Restore & Jungle Warfare log
    By Terminator LMG in forum Supplement Logs