Melting Point+Basic Cuts (Quest for Abs)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Melting Point+Basic Cuts (Quest for Abs)

Sorry I am starting this log a couple days late, but I been posting it in another forum so I am just gonna copy and paste what I have to this log.

Info:
    Height- 6'
    Weight 174
    Body Fat- Between 16-18% it changes everytime I measure, but it is usually between these 2 measurements.

Supplements:
    ON Whey Protein- 24grams first thing in the morning, 48 grams post workout, and I also take some throughout the day if my meals are not very high in protein.
    Matrix 5.0- 46grams before bed because it is a sustained release protein
    X-tend- I sip 4 scoops while doing cardio to prevent muscle breakdown.
    One-A-Day Multi vitamin
    Basic Cuts- One before lifting and one capsule before cardio
    Melting Point- 2 capsules in the morning, 2 in the after noon, and 2 at night (if there is a better dosing schedule feel free to let me know)
    Axis Labs sesamax- one capsule after each meal ( I am just finishing up the bottle so I will only be using this supplement about a week.)

Workout: Max- OT principles and I will be running 2 miles around 3 to 4 times a week.

Goal: Lower bodyfat and maintain all my hard earned muscle

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

* Correction my weight is 173

Over the last year of lifting i have went from 150 to 177, but now i want to chizzel that down a bit and see if i can get a 6 pack......I am not counting my cals for this diet I am hoping the added cardio will help me lose about 2 pounds a week and I am also shrinking my portion size down from what i usually eat to help me lose some of the unwanted belly fat.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day 1: Woke up today and got a call saying they needed me to work in 15 mintues so I didnt have much time 2 get around. I swollowed a bowl of apple jacks and drank a whey protein shake along with 2 melting point capsules and 2 basic cuts capsules. Once I arrived at work I was sent home which ticked me off haha but oh well I was able to start my workout early. I ate a turkey sandwhich once I arrived home and then started my workout.

Workout (Back and Biceps): 50 pullups- I did as many as a could until I got to 50
    Barbell Row: 1 set 105lbs 6 Reps
    Lat Pull Downs: 85lbs 1 set 6 Reps
    Dumbell Row: 65lbs 1 set 6 Reps
    Alternating Dumbell Curls: 45lbs 1 set attempted 6 reps but only completed 5
    Barbell Curls: 95lbs 1 set 6 Reps

I am getting low on my jug of Xtend so I took 3 grams of cee pre and post workout to prevent muscle breakdown. I think I am going to save the xtend for my cardio workout only since xtend is kind of pricey. Overall my workout seemed pretty good. I was able to do a few more pullups in a row and everything else seemed about the same. No cramping or anything unusual to report. I will be running 2 miles midnight tonight because I like to wait at least 8 to 12 hours to do cardio after lifting. I will also take my basic cuts with dinner since I am doing cardio so late, I don't want it to effect my sleep.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Well I just got done finishing up a 2 mile run and all went well...I did notice my legs felt a little funny the second half of the day. It felt like I had growing pains. During cardio my side cramped up a little quicker than normal, but overall it was one of my better cardio perfomances and I think i pushed myself a little harder than normal which caused me to cramp up kinda quick. Overall though I think everything will be just fine.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Want_some_mass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)Want_some_mass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Day 2:

Bench 225 3x6 ended up only doing 5-5-4 reps but with max-ot its okay as long as you do at least 4 reps

Incline Bench 155 2x6

Dumbell Bench 60 2x6

I am waiting for later today to do my ab workout. I took basic cuts first thing this morning along with my melting point and everything seems about like normal. I should have took basic cuts pre-workout, but I just got done taking a serving three hours before and I thought that was a little to soon to be taking another dose. It probably would have helped though because by the time I got to lifting I felt really lethargic. I think its because I spent the first 2 hours of the day studying for a placement test and that was so boring it made me really tired. Overall today wasnt a waste, but I don't think i worked up to my potential. I am going to try to get some cardio in some time later tonight as well so hopefully that goes well.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Well I just got done playing basketball and I was freakin pooped afterwards. I am going to count this as my cardio for tonight. I usually like to wait at least 8-12 hours after lifting to do cardio, but some buddies called me to play so I decided to break the rule today. After basketball I came home and got a little something to eat and took a serving of basic cuts. About 30 mins after I began to feel slightly warm, but nothing uncomfortable. I was actually glad it happened so I know its working.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day 3:
    Workout Legs:
    Leg Extensions 2x10
    Squats 3x6
    Lunges 2x8
    Toe Raises 3x10
    Abs:
    Cable Rope Crunches 3x12

Everything with todays workout went well. I took a servingn of basic cuts and I didn't feel much different, but my workout definitly went well. I didn't get stuck on any of my sets and didnt get to tired throughout the workout. So far everything is still going well. I think I might hit the punching bag a bit today for my cardio.
    Want_some_mass is online now Add to Want_some_mass's Reputation Edit/Delete Message
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Cramping and muscle spasms is pretty common side with MP, add some calcium and Magnesium to combat this. I did a short cycle with the same stack and had great results. Good luck!
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    Cramping and muscle spasms is pretty common side with MP, add some calcium and Magnesium to combat this. I did a short cycle with the same stack and had great results. Good luck!

Potassium is good for the cramping too.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    Potassium is good for the cramping too.
    Yeh that's what I was trying to say I don't know why I wrote calcium?????, I dropped the Mag, seems ZMA was enough, but took 2mg of Potassium and only experienced Spasms for a couple days, no cramps.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Thanks Basso for the advise.....how much did you lose with melting point
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

3lbs in two weeks, and I didn't really lower my cals down to much. I'm going to do a longer run once I'm done with my USPlabs log. I've cut another 300-400 cals since I did MP so it should really jump start the fat loss! Being a hard core endo and 40yrs old I don't lose fat very easily, so 3lbs in 2 weeks without cutting a lot of cals is pretty good for me.
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.27%
    Achievements Posting Pro

What does your diet look like?

If you are eating Apple Jacks for breakfast you might want to visit the nutrition forum.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

yeah I know the applejacks don't sound to healthy, but I was called into work early that day and I had about 20 minutes to get there and at that point I just needed something quick

Day 4: Today I wasn't able to workout. I had orientation at the new college I'm transfering to and it took forever. I am pretty sore from my last few workouts so hopefully this will give me some time 2 recover.
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.27%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by want_some_mass
    yeah I know the applejacks don't sound to healthy, but I was called into work early that day and I had about 20 minutes to get there and at that point I just needed something quick
    I gotcha... yeah, one day isn't a big deal.
  16. DS Board Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.22%

I used the Melting Point during my precontest prep and had tremendous results-Only variable I changed from past contest prep were the addition of Melting Point and Lean Extreme and was able to get a level of conditioning never attained before. You will get good results-just keep your nutrition sound!
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Kay 5:
    I decided to get on the scale this morning and I was happy to see that I am actually down to 172 which is the lowest weight I have been all year. So far so goood. If I can lose 1-2 pounds a week I will be very happy with the results. So far my strength hasn't diminished either so hopefully everything keeps going the way it is.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate the info they have been giving me and keep it coming. I would give some rep points, but I tried it earlier and I'm not quite sure how to do it because I am new to this board.

I will be back later to update everyone on my workout.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Just keep in mind weight is a horrible indicator! If you can continue to drop 2lbs a week you've cut to many cals. BF, measurements, and mirrors are better indicators. That is if your trying to preserve muscle!

Rep Points=point and click on the karma button (lower left of each user)
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Alright thanks Basso...I did take some bf measurements before I started this log, but I am going to wait a few more weeks before I measure it again.

Day 5:

Workout:

Military- 3x6 110lbs
    Standing side lateral raises 2x6 35lbs
    seated side lateral raises 2x6 10lbs

Traps:
    3x6 Barbell Shrugs 160lbs

Everything seemed to go well yesterday. Good energy and overall just a good workout. Nothing new to report.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.06%

Keep up the good work man. Sometimes when you are dieting and you get in a crappy mood, it feels good to come on AM and start B*tching about everything. Like Basso said, weight can be deceiving. When I am dieting I like to keep tabs on my waist measurement to track progress.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

keeping tabs on measurments along with your waist is very motivating as well. Seeing weight stay the same some times can be demotivting but when you see other measurments going up (like arm size or something) and you realize the lack of weight drop can be ocntributed to possible lbm gain its very motivating.

Good luck with the rest of your log
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Thanks for all the help guys...I am following bassos advice and checking my progress in the mirror as well....I have to say that today is the first day that I actually think I look leaner so I am pretty excited about that.

Day 6: Yesterday was a pretty busy day for me so I didn't really have to much time to workout. Since I hadn't done cardio in 2 days I decieded to run 2 miles after breakfast. Once I got out and started to run though I could only finish 1 mile. It was 90 plus degrees outside and I think the heat was getting to me a little bit. Im used to running at night when its nice and cool. So yesterday wasn't the best day for me, but I would rather at least get that one mile in rather than none.

Day 7: Woke up today and I feel like I am actually looking a little bit leaner. I am going to try to weight myself first thing tomorrow morning if I am not in to much of a rush.

Workout:
    Back: 50 pull ups ---as many sets as it takes to get 50. ( I seem to be improving with my pull ups as well. It just dosnt seem quite as hard to me anymore.)

Barbell Rows: 105lbs 1x6

Lat Pulldowns- 85lbs 1x6

Bent Over Row: 65lbs 1x6

Biceps: Alternating Dumbell Curls 1x6 45lbs (only completed 5 reps each arm)

Barbell Curls: 95lbs 1x6 (only completed 4 reps...I think the dumbell curls wore me out)
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day 8: Well looks like everyone has been right...this stack takes about 2-3 days to get going, but it really works....the first few days didn't see to much of anything happening, but this morning I weighed myself and I am down to 170...thats 3 pounds lost this week...my goal was 2....hopefully there wasnt much muscle lost.....

Workout: Chest

Bench; 3x6 225 completed 5-5-4 ( I was pretty mad because my friend came over and benched more then I did and he just started working out again. I am thinking of maybe working my chest out 2 times a week or maybe just benching twice a week. Let me know what you all think because I definitly don't want him benching more than me again haha)

Incline Barbell Bench- 2x6 155

Incline Dumbell Bench- 2x6 60lbs

Triceps: One arm overhead extensions 1x6 30lbs

Dumbell Kickbacks: 1x6 20lbs

Cable Pushdowns: 1x6 75lbs

Laying tricep extensions: 1x6 70lbs

Overall today seemed like a pretty good workout....I do want to start improving on how much I put up on the bench press though....overall I would give todays workout a B plus....hopefully i will fit in some cardio tonight.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Day 8: Well looks like everyone has been right...this stack takes about 2-3 days to get going, but it really works....the first few days didn't see to much of anything happening, but this morning I weighed myself and I am down to 170...thats 3 pounds lost this week...my goal was 2....hopefully there wasnt much muscle lost.....

Workout: Chest

Bench; 3x6 225 completed 5-5-4 ( I was pretty mad because my friend came over and benched more then I did and he just started working out again. I am thinking of maybe working my chest out 2 times a week or maybe just benching twice a week. Let me know what you all think because I definitly don't want him benching more than me again haha)
    Watch the weight loss, if you lose 3lbs the second week I would up your cals a bit, it's normal to lose a little more when just starting but you definitely don't want to continue to lose 3lbs a week, you'll definitely not improve your bench doing that.
    Also, I wouldn't be trying to increase your lifts to much while your cutting, it's a good way to cause injury. When you have a calorie deficit you need to listen to your body, if things are going well you may gain some strength, but most likely you'll lose some. You can't have the whole cake all of the time, you've got to choose the direction you want and dedicate yourself to that goal.
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

I've started to up the cals slightly Basso im going to see how that works out this week...i will weigh myself in about 3-4 days to see if that works out.

Day 8 Cardio: I went and did my usual 2 mile run everything went very well..I had a partner who is very fit and he pushed me a lot. Overall I would give this workout an A-

Day 9:

Legs Leg Curls- 102.5lbs 2x8

Squats: 170lbs 3x6

Dumbell Lunges 40lbs 2x8

Toe Raises 3x10 245lbs

Well todays workout was just alright. No cramping or any bad sides, I just wasnt really in the mood to workout today. I had to do a lot of yard work at home today and it wore me out and I think I was just ready for a little down time. Overall I would give todays workout a C.
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day 10: Shoulders

Military Barbell- 2x6 110lbs
    Standing Side Lateral raises 2x6 35lbs
    Seated Side lateral raises 2x6 10lbs
    Traps:
    Barbell Shoulder Shrugs 3x6 165lbs
    Abs:
    Cable Rope Crunches 3x12 75lbs
    Leg Raises 2x20

Overall today was a decent workout, nothing to incrediable. I would grade it about a B-. I have noticed some cramping lately. Nothing to bad. My arms and shoulders tend to cramp up once in a while, but it never seems to happen when I workout. It usually happens at random times throughout the day. Nothing painful or anything, just slight discomfort. I am really broke right now, but I just got a new job so hopefully by next week I can buy some potassium and things of that nature that others have been suggesting to me
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Day 10: Shoulders

Military Barbell- 2x6 110lbs
    Standing Side Lateral raises 2x6 35lbs
    Seated Side lateral raises 2x6 10lbs
    Traps:
    Barbell Shoulder Shrugs 3x6 165lbs
    Abs:
    Cable Rope Crunches 3x12 75lbs
    Leg Raises 2x20

Overall today was a decent workout, nothing to incrediable. I would grade it about a B-. I have noticed some cramping lately. Nothing to bad. My arms and shoulders tend to cramp up once in a while, but it never seems to happen when I workout. It usually happens at random times throughout the day. Nothing painful or anything, just slight discomfort. I am really broke right now, but I just got a new job so hopefully by next week I can buy some potassium and things of that nature that others have been suggesting to me

You can pick up a small bottle of Potassium at the grocery store for like $4 to hold you over till you can afford to order some. Those cramps will get worse not better, I'd at least pick up the potassium!
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day 11: Woke up and hit the punching bag for 15 minutes for cardio. Today was an off day for lifting......at night the cramps got pretty bad. Im definitily going to go buy some potassium
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day 12: Back and Biceps

50 pull ups

Barbell Row: 105lbs 1x6

Lat Pulldowns: 95lbs 1x6

Dumbell Rows: 65lbs 1x6

Biceps:
    Alternating Dumbell Curls: 40lbs 1x6 (I lowered the weight this week because I was having a rough time getting even four reps in with 45lbs)

Straight Bar Curls- 95lbs 1x6

Info: I went to walmart and bought some potassium and its working great. I havent had a cramp since.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Outstanding! I take about 300mg a day, if I start getting muscle spasms then I up it to 500 and that takes care of it. Taurine didn't do much for me on MP/BC, so if the Potassium is doing the job you shouldn't have to waste your money. The rep also suggested magnesium at night, but when I added it to the ZMA I was already taking it messed with my sleep. But a mag or ZMA at night should also help!
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Yeah its kind of amazing the potassium worked as well as it did. I wasnt just having minor uncomfortable cramps, I was hardly sleeping the last 2 nights they were so bad.

Day 13: Bench 225lbs 3x6 only completed 5-4-4

Incline Bench 155lbs 2x6

Dumbell Bench 60lbs 2x6

Overall todays workout was decent. I would grade it about a C plus. I also finished my last capsule of sesamax so we will see how I do from here on without it.
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day: 14

Legs: Leg Curls 102.5lbs 2x10

Squats 170lbs 3x6

Dumbell Lunges 40lbs 2x8

Toe Raises: 3x10 (as I said before I have a smith machine and no other equipment as of right now, but if anyone has suggestions about another calf exercise I can do I would be glad to try it.)

Overall today went well considering I hate leg days. Good energy and tomorrow im going to add some cardio in since I have had a few days off. Current Weight 169lbs Total weight loss: 4lbs
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day 15:

Triceps: One arm overhead extensions: 20lbs 1x6

Dumbell Kickbacks 20lbs 1x6

Cable pushdowns 80lbs 1x6

Lying Tricep Extensions 75lbs 1x6

Abs:
    Cable Rope Crunches 75lbs 3x12
    Leg raises 2x20

Overall today went very well. I actually increased the weight on some of my lifts. I was pretty glad this happened since some of my chest and biceps lifts have been getting harder. I also went and ran 2 miles today as well. Cramps are still gone and there seems to be no other side effects.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Awesome man, glad to see the pot. worked for ya. Just make sure you're keeping track with your food so you don't burn any precious muscle.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Thanks Jayhawk

Sorry I havent posted for the past few days, but here is an update:

Day 16: Military Barbell 110lbs 3x6

Lateral Raises 35lbs 2x6

Seated side lateral raises 2x6

Had pretty good energy with this workout no cramps or anything to report

Day 17: 2 mile jog went well

Day: 18 Today was an off day...I should have lifted, but things got really hectic today and I didn't have a chance to....I do feel that I am starting to appear leaner when looking in the mirror.
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day 19: Back and Biceps

50 pull-ups

Barbell Row- 105 1x6

Lat Pull Downs- 90 1x6

Bent Over Row 65lbs 1x6

Alternating Dumbell Curls 40lbs 1x6

Barbell Curls 95lbs 1x6

Everything is still going well. I have had one side effect with the basic cuts that I have noticed on occasions. When you take the basic cuts sometimes you get a burning feeling in your thought. Nothing intolerable, but still kind of uncomfortable. I think it is probably from the cayenne pepper in the pills. Nothing to bad though.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

you get a burning feeling in your thought.
    ????
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Basso I meant throat in that last post. I was typing 2 fast and didnt catch that mistake.

Day 20: Off day (I didn't plan on taking this day off, but a friend passed away and I attended a prayer ceremony. I plan on busting extra butt though this week in order to make up for it.)

Day 21: Chest Workout

Bench 220 3x6 ( I lowered the weight by 5lbs because I was having a rough time even getting 4 reps up of 225.)

Incline Bench 155lbs 2x6

Flat Bench 50 2x6

I also had a 2 mile jog about 8 hours after my workout. I plan on jogging 6 days this week excluding tomorrow because I have a lot of stuff I need to do tomorrow. I will left tomorrow though.

Current Weight 168lbs down 5lbs
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Basso I meant throat in that last post. I was typing 2 fast and didnt catch that mistake.
    Yeh I figured, but had to give you a hard time.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.44%

Day 22: Didn't end up working out today. I really wanted 2, but I had a dentist appointment, then work, and then after work I forgot i was suppose to go out for a friends bday....hopefully I can make up for it later this week.

Day 23: Leg workout

Squats 170lbs 3x6

Lunges 2x8 40lbs

Leg Curls 102.5lbs 2x10

Calf raises 3x10 245lbs

Abs: Cable Rope Crunches 75lbs 3x12

Leg Raises 2x20

Workouts having been getting more difficult lately, my strength has been going down. I'm thinking about picking up some hyperdrol for my next cycle to help gain back some strength and maybe doing an eca stack with that. I am happy with the results from melting point so far. I have lost 5lbs from melting point and 5 on my own before hand, but im not quite where I want to be. I am leaner and more vascular, but I still need to shed some more bodyfat before the abs become visible.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Melting Point/Basic Cuts
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
  2. Melting Point/Basic Cuts stack
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 06:48 PM
  3. cAMPH, powerFULL, melting point, basic cuts
    By apron in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10