Melting Point+Basic Cuts (Quest for Abs)

want_some_mass

Awards
Sorry I am starting this log a couple days late, but I been posting it in another forum so I am just gonna copy and paste what I have to this log.

Info:
Height- 6'
Weight 174
Body Fat- Between 16-18% it changes everytime I measure, but it is usually between these 2 measurements.

Supplements:
ON Whey Protein- 24grams first thing in the morning, 48 grams post workout, and I also take some throughout the day if my meals are not very high in protein.
Matrix 5.0- 46grams before bed because it is a sustained release protein
X-tend- I sip 4 scoops while doing cardio to prevent muscle breakdown.
One-A-Day Multi vitamin
Basic Cuts- One before lifting and one capsule before cardio
Melting Point- 2 capsules in the morning, 2 in the after noon, and 2 at night (if there is a better dosing schedule feel free to let me know)
Axis Labs sesamax- one capsule after each meal ( I am just finishing up the bottle so I will only be using this supplement about a week.)

Workout: Max- OT principles and I will be running 2 miles around 3 to 4 times a week.

Goal: Lower bodyfat and maintain all my hard earned muscle

want_some_mass

Awards
* Correction my weight is 173

Over the last year of lifting i have went from 150 to 177, but now i want to chizzel that down a bit and see if i can get a 6 pack......I am not counting my cals for this diet I am hoping the added cardio will help me lose about 2 pounds a week and I am also shrinking my portion size down from what i usually eat to help me lose some of the unwanted belly fat.

want_some_mass

Awards
Day 1: Woke up today and got a call saying they needed me to work in 15 mintues so I didnt have much time 2 get around. I swollowed a bowl of apple jacks and drank a whey protein shake along with 2 melting point capsules and 2 basic cuts capsules. Once I arrived at work I was sent home which ticked me off haha but oh well I was able to start my workout early. I ate a turkey sandwhich once I arrived home and then started my workout.

Workout (Back and Biceps): 50 pullups- I did as many as a could until I got to 50
Barbell Row: 1 set 105lbs 6 Reps
Lat Pull Downs: 85lbs 1 set 6 Reps
Dumbell Row: 65lbs 1 set 6 Reps
Alternating Dumbell Curls: 45lbs 1 set attempted 6 reps but only completed 5
Barbell Curls: 95lbs 1 set 6 Reps

I am getting low on my jug of Xtend so I took 3 grams of cee pre and post workout to prevent muscle breakdown. I think I am going to save the xtend for my cardio workout only since xtend is kind of pricey. Overall my workout seemed pretty good. I was able to do a few more pullups in a row and everything else seemed about the same. No cramping or anything unusual to report. I will be running 2 miles midnight tonight because I like to wait at least 8 to 12 hours to do cardio after lifting. I will also take my basic cuts with dinner since I am doing cardio so late, I don't want it to effect my sleep.

want_some_mass

Awards
Well I just got done finishing up a 2 mile run and all went well...I did notice my legs felt a little funny the second half of the day. It felt like I had growing pains. During cardio my side cramped up a little quicker than normal, but overall it was one of my better cardio perfomances and I think i pushed myself a little harder than normal which caused me to cramp up kinda quick. Overall though I think everything will be just fine.

want_some_mass

Awards
Want_some_mass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)Want_some_mass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Day 2:

Bench 225 3x6 ended up only doing 5-5-4 reps but with max-ot its okay as long as you do at least 4 reps

Incline Bench 155 2x6

Dumbell Bench 60 2x6

I am waiting for later today to do my ab workout. I took basic cuts first thing this morning along with my melting point and everything seems about like normal. I should have took basic cuts pre-workout, but I just got done taking a serving three hours before and I thought that was a little to soon to be taking another dose. It probably would have helped though because by the time I got to lifting I felt really lethargic. I think its because I spent the first 2 hours of the day studying for a placement test and that was so boring it made me really tired. Overall today wasnt a waste, but I don't think i worked up to my potential. I am going to try to get some cardio in some time later tonight as well so hopefully that goes well.

want_some_mass

Awards
Well I just got done playing basketball and I was freakin pooped afterwards. I am going to count this as my cardio for tonight. I usually like to wait at least 8-12 hours after lifting to do cardio, but some buddies called me to play so I decided to break the rule today. After basketball I came home and got a little something to eat and took a serving of basic cuts. About 30 mins after I began to feel slightly warm, but nothing uncomfortable. I was actually glad it happened so I know its working.

want_some_mass

Awards
Day 3:
Workout Legs:
Leg Extensions 2x10
Squats 3x6
Lunges 2x8
Toe Raises 3x10
Abs:
Cable Rope Crunches 3x12

Everything with todays workout went well. I took a servingn of basic cuts and I didn't feel much different, but my workout definitly went well. I didn't get stuck on any of my sets and didnt get to tired throughout the workout. So far everything is still going well. I think I might hit the punching bag a bit today for my cardio.
Want_some_mass is online now Add to Want_some_mass's Reputation Edit/Delete Message

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Cramping and muscle spasms is pretty common side with MP, add some calcium and Magnesium to combat this. I did a short cycle with the same stack and had great results. Good luck!

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cramping and muscle spasms is pretty common side with MP, add some calcium and Magnesium to combat this. I did a short cycle with the same stack and had great results. Good luck!

Potassium is good for the cramping too.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Potassium is good for the cramping too.
Yeh that's what I was trying to say I don't know why I wrote calcium?????, I dropped the Mag, seems ZMA was enough, but took 2mg of Potassium and only experienced Spasms for a couple days, no cramps.

want_some_mass

Awards
Thanks Basso for the advise.....how much did you lose with melting point

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
3lbs in two weeks, and I didn't really lower my cals down to much. I'm going to do a longer run once I'm done with my USPlabs log. I've cut another 300-400 cals since I did MP so it should really jump start the fat loss! Being a hard core endo and 40yrs old I don't lose fat very easily, so 3lbs in 2 weeks without cutting a lot of cals is pretty good for me.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
What does your diet look like?

If you are eating Apple Jacks for breakfast you might want to visit the nutrition forum.

want_some_mass

Awards
yeah I know the applejacks don't sound to healthy, but I was called into work early that day and I had about 20 minutes to get there and at that point I just needed something quick

Day 4: Today I wasn't able to workout. I had orientation at the new college I'm transfering to and it took forever. I am pretty sore from my last few workouts so hopefully this will give me some time 2 recover.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
yeah I know the applejacks don't sound to healthy, but I was called into work early that day and I had about 20 minutes to get there and at that point I just needed something quick
I gotcha... yeah, one day isn't a big deal.

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
I used the Melting Point during my precontest prep and had tremendous results-Only variable I changed from past contest prep were the addition of Melting Point and Lean Extreme and was able to get a level of conditioning never attained before. You will get good results-just keep your nutrition sound!

want_some_mass

Awards
Kay 5:
I decided to get on the scale this morning and I was happy to see that I am actually down to 172 which is the lowest weight I have been all year. So far so goood. If I can lose 1-2 pounds a week I will be very happy with the results. So far my strength hasn't diminished either so hopefully everything keeps going the way it is.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate the info they have been giving me and keep it coming. I would give some rep points, but I tried it earlier and I'm not quite sure how to do it because I am new to this board.

I will be back later to update everyone on my workout.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Just keep in mind weight is a horrible indicator! If you can continue to drop 2lbs a week you've cut to many cals. BF, measurements, and mirrors are better indicators. That is if your trying to preserve muscle!

Rep Points=point and click on the karma button (lower left of each user)

want_some_mass

Awards
Alright thanks Basso...I did take some bf measurements before I started this log, but I am going to wait a few more weeks before I measure it again.

Day 5:

Workout:

Military- 3x6 110lbs
Standing side lateral raises 2x6 35lbs
seated side lateral raises 2x6 10lbs

Traps:
3x6 Barbell Shrugs 160lbs

Everything seemed to go well yesterday. Good energy and overall just a good workout. Nothing new to report.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work man. Sometimes when you are dieting and you get in a crappy mood, it feels good to come on AM and start B*tching about everything. Like Basso said, weight can be deceiving. When I am dieting I like to keep tabs on my waist measurement to track progress.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
keeping tabs on measurments along with your waist is very motivating as well. Seeing weight stay the same some times can be demotivting but when you see other measurments going up (like arm size or something) and you realize the lack of weight drop can be ocntributed to possible lbm gain its very motivating.

Good luck with the rest of your log

want_some_mass

Awards
Thanks for all the help guys...I am following bassos advice and checking my progress in the mirror as well....I have to say that today is the first day that I actually think I look leaner so I am pretty excited about that.

Day 6: Yesterday was a pretty busy day for me so I didn't really have to much time to workout. Since I hadn't done cardio in 2 days I decieded to run 2 miles after breakfast. Once I got out and started to run though I could only finish 1 mile. It was 90 plus degrees outside and I think the heat was getting to me a little bit. Im used to running at night when its nice and cool. So yesterday wasn't the best day for me, but I would rather at least get that one mile in rather than none.

Day 7: Woke up today and I feel like I am actually looking a little bit leaner. I am going to try to weight myself first thing tomorrow morning if I am not in to much of a rush.

Workout:
Back: 50 pull ups ---as many sets as it takes to get 50. ( I seem to be improving with my pull ups as well. It just dosnt seem quite as hard to me anymore.)

Barbell Rows: 105lbs 1x6

Lat Pulldowns- 85lbs 1x6

Bent Over Row: 65lbs 1x6

Biceps: Alternating Dumbell Curls 1x6 45lbs (only completed 5 reps each arm)

Barbell Curls: 95lbs 1x6 (only completed 4 reps...I think the dumbell curls wore me out)

want_some_mass

Awards
Day 8: Well looks like everyone has been right...this stack takes about 2-3 days to get going, but it really works....the first few days didn't see to much of anything happening, but this morning I weighed myself and I am down to 170...thats 3 pounds lost this week...my goal was 2....hopefully there wasnt much muscle lost.....

Workout: Chest

Bench; 3x6 225 completed 5-5-4 ( I was pretty mad because my friend came over and benched more then I did and he just started working out again. I am thinking of maybe working my chest out 2 times a week or maybe just benching twice a week. Let me know what you all think because I definitly don't want him benching more than me again haha)

Incline Barbell Bench- 2x6 155

Incline Dumbell Bench- 2x6 60lbs

Triceps: One arm overhead extensions 1x6 30lbs

Dumbell Kickbacks: 1x6 20lbs

Cable Pushdowns: 1x6 75lbs

Laying tricep extensions: 1x6 70lbs

Overall today seemed like a pretty good workout....I do want to start improving on how much I put up on the bench press though....overall I would give todays workout a B plus....hopefully i will fit in some cardio tonight.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Day 8: Well looks like everyone has been right...this stack takes about 2-3 days to get going, but it really works....the first few days didn't see to much of anything happening, but this morning I weighed myself and I am down to 170...thats 3 pounds lost this week...my goal was 2....hopefully there wasnt much muscle lost.....

Workout: Chest

Bench; 3x6 225 completed 5-5-4 ( I was pretty mad because my friend came over and benched more then I did and he just started working out again. I am thinking of maybe working my chest out 2 times a week or maybe just benching twice a week. Let me know what you all think because I definitly don't want him benching more than me again haha)
Watch the weight loss, if you lose 3lbs the second week I would up your cals a bit, it's normal to lose a little more when just starting but you definitely don't want to continue to lose 3lbs a week, you'll definitely not improve your bench doing that.
Also, I wouldn't be trying to increase your lifts to much while your cutting, it's a good way to cause injury. When you have a calorie deficit you need to listen to your body, if things are going well you may gain some strength, but most likely you'll lose some. You can't have the whole cake all of the time, you've got to choose the direction you want and dedicate yourself to that goal.

want_some_mass

Awards
I've started to up the cals slightly Basso im going to see how that works out this week...i will weigh myself in about 3-4 days to see if that works out.

Day 8 Cardio: I went and did my usual 2 mile run everything went very well..I had a partner who is very fit and he pushed me a lot. Overall I would give this workout an A-

Day 9:

Legs Leg Curls- 102.5lbs 2x8

Squats: 170lbs 3x6

Dumbell Lunges 40lbs 2x8

Toe Raises 3x10 245lbs

Well todays workout was just alright. No cramping or any bad sides, I just wasnt really in the mood to workout today. I had to do a lot of yard work at home today and it wore me out and I think I was just ready for a little down time. Overall I would give todays workout a C.

want_some_mass

Awards
Day 10: Shoulders

Military Barbell- 2x6 110lbs
Standing Side Lateral raises 2x6 35lbs
Seated Side lateral raises 2x6 10lbs
Traps:
Barbell Shoulder Shrugs 3x6 165lbs
Abs:
Cable Rope Crunches 3x12 75lbs
Leg Raises 2x20

Overall today was a decent workout, nothing to incrediable. I would grade it about a B-. I have noticed some cramping lately. Nothing to bad. My arms and shoulders tend to cramp up once in a while, but it never seems to happen when I workout. It usually happens at random times throughout the day. Nothing painful or anything, just slight discomfort. I am really broke right now, but I just got a new job so hopefully by next week I can buy some potassium and things of that nature that others have been suggesting to me

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Day 10: Shoulders

Military Barbell- 2x6 110lbs
Standing Side Lateral raises 2x6 35lbs
Seated Side lateral raises 2x6 10lbs
Traps:
Barbell Shoulder Shrugs 3x6 165lbs
Abs:
Cable Rope Crunches 3x12 75lbs
Leg Raises 2x20

Overall today was a decent workout, nothing to incrediable. I would grade it about a B-. I have noticed some cramping lately. Nothing to bad. My arms and shoulders tend to cramp up once in a while, but it never seems to happen when I workout. It usually happens at random times throughout the day. Nothing painful or anything, just slight discomfort. I am really broke right now, but I just got a new job so hopefully by next week I can buy some potassium and things of that nature that others have been suggesting to me

You can pick up a small bottle of Potassium at the grocery store for like $4 to hold you over till you can afford to order some. Those cramps will get worse not better, I'd at least pick up the potassium!

want_some_mass

Awards
Day 11: Woke up and hit the punching bag for 15 minutes for cardio. Today was an off day for lifting......at night the cramps got pretty bad. Im definitily going to go buy some potassium

want_some_mass

Awards
Day 12: Back and Biceps

50 pull ups

Barbell Row: 105lbs 1x6

Lat Pulldowns: 95lbs 1x6

Dumbell Rows: 65lbs 1x6

Biceps:
Alternating Dumbell Curls: 40lbs 1x6 (I lowered the weight this week because I was having a rough time getting even four reps in with 45lbs)

Straight Bar Curls- 95lbs 1x6

Info: I went to walmart and bought some potassium and its working great. I havent had a cramp since.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Outstanding! I take about 300mg a day, if I start getting muscle spasms then I up it to 500 and that takes care of it. Taurine didn't do much for me on MP/BC, so if the Potassium is doing the job you shouldn't have to waste your money. The rep also suggested magnesium at night, but when I added it to the ZMA I was already taking it messed with my sleep. But a mag or ZMA at night should also help!

want_some_mass

Awards
Yeah its kind of amazing the potassium worked as well as it did. I wasnt just having minor uncomfortable cramps, I was hardly sleeping the last 2 nights they were so bad.

Day 13: Bench 225lbs 3x6 only completed 5-4-4

Incline Bench 155lbs 2x6

Dumbell Bench 60lbs 2x6

Overall todays workout was decent. I would grade it about a C plus. I also finished my last capsule of sesamax so we will see how I do from here on without it.

want_some_mass

Awards
Day: 14

Legs: Leg Curls 102.5lbs 2x10

Squats 170lbs 3x6

Dumbell Lunges 40lbs 2x8

Toe Raises: 3x10 (as I said before I have a smith machine and no other equipment as of right now, but if anyone has suggestions about another calf exercise I can do I would be glad to try it.)

Overall today went well considering I hate leg days. Good energy and tomorrow im going to add some cardio in since I have had a few days off. Current Weight 169lbs Total weight loss: 4lbs

want_some_mass

Awards
Day 15:

Triceps: One arm overhead extensions: 20lbs 1x6

Dumbell Kickbacks 20lbs 1x6

Cable pushdowns 80lbs 1x6

Lying Tricep Extensions 75lbs 1x6

Abs:
Cable Rope Crunches 75lbs 3x12
Leg raises 2x20

Overall today went very well. I actually increased the weight on some of my lifts. I was pretty glad this happened since some of my chest and biceps lifts have been getting harder. I also went and ran 2 miles today as well. Cramps are still gone and there seems to be no other side effects.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man, glad to see the pot. worked for ya. Just make sure you're keeping track with your food so you don't burn any precious muscle.

want_some_mass

Awards
Thanks Jayhawk

Sorry I havent posted for the past few days, but here is an update:

Day 16: Military Barbell 110lbs 3x6

Lateral Raises 35lbs 2x6

Seated side lateral raises 2x6

Had pretty good energy with this workout no cramps or anything to report

Day 17: 2 mile jog went well

Day: 18 Today was an off day...I should have lifted, but things got really hectic today and I didn't have a chance to....I do feel that I am starting to appear leaner when looking in the mirror.

want_some_mass

Awards
Day 19: Back and Biceps

50 pull-ups

Barbell Row- 105 1x6

Lat Pull Downs- 90 1x6

Bent Over Row 65lbs 1x6

Alternating Dumbell Curls 40lbs 1x6

Barbell Curls 95lbs 1x6

Everything is still going well. I have had one side effect with the basic cuts that I have noticed on occasions. When you take the basic cuts sometimes you get a burning feeling in your thought. Nothing intolerable, but still kind of uncomfortable. I think it is probably from the cayenne pepper in the pills. Nothing to bad though.

want_some_mass

Awards
Basso I meant throat in that last post. I was typing 2 fast and didnt catch that mistake.

Day 20: Off day (I didn't plan on taking this day off, but a friend passed away and I attended a prayer ceremony. I plan on busting extra butt though this week in order to make up for it.)

Day 21: Chest Workout

Bench 220 3x6 ( I lowered the weight by 5lbs because I was having a rough time even getting 4 reps up of 225.)

Incline Bench 155lbs 2x6

Flat Bench 50 2x6

I also had a 2 mile jog about 8 hours after my workout. I plan on jogging 6 days this week excluding tomorrow because I have a lot of stuff I need to do tomorrow. I will left tomorrow though.

Current Weight 168lbs down 5lbs

want_some_mass

Awards
Day 22: Didn't end up working out today. I really wanted 2, but I had a dentist appointment, then work, and then after work I forgot i was suppose to go out for a friends bday....hopefully I can make up for it later this week.

Day 23: Leg workout

Squats 170lbs 3x6

Lunges 2x8 40lbs

Leg Curls 102.5lbs 2x10

Calf raises 3x10 245lbs

Abs: Cable Rope Crunches 75lbs 3x12

Leg Raises 2x20

Workouts having been getting more difficult lately, my strength has been going down. I'm thinking about picking up some hyperdrol for my next cycle to help gain back some strength and maybe doing an eca stack with that. I am happy with the results from melting point so far. I have lost 5lbs from melting point and 5 on my own before hand, but im not quite where I want to be. I am leaner and more vascular, but I still need to shed some more bodyfat before the abs become visible.

want_some_mass

Awards
I think I reduced my calories a little to much in the begining because I was losing the weight a little 2 quickly, but since then I have upped the caloires....I have noticed the cramps the last 2 days have came back up again. Yesterday I took one potassium whihc was getting me by just fine, but I still crampped up badly. Today I took 2 and I have some slight cramping, but nothing unbearable.

Workout: Shoulders

Military Barbell: 105lbs 3x6

Side Lat raises 35lbs 2x6

seated lat raises 2x6

Overall today went well....I lowerde the weight on the military 5 pounds and I finished all 6 reps and no strength has really demisinsed as far as the lat raises go.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
You may want to throw some magnesium in at night, are those 90mg tabs of Potas. if they are I would just go to 3 a day, those cramps can really suck! Good to see your hanging on to some strength, I stopped my Mp/Bc cycle for now, just wanted to spend a month with no supps, try to clear my system out and get my diet near perfect. 1Aug it's game time again, unless I'm making good progress.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Nice log. Been trying to figure out what I want to take for weightloss after I get my diet pretty much where I want it. MP/BC combo looks promising, but all the cramps everyone is getting keeps me away from buying it(at least right now). Keep up the good work.

want_some_mass

Awards
yeah I have upped the potassium intake to 3 tabs a day and it seems to be working pretty good. Good luck when u start back up basso.....Achilles: I wouldn't worry to much about the cramps. I'll admit they get pretty bad, but the potassium takes the cramps away for me and I think if you started off taking the potassium u might not have a problem.

Day: 24

Workout: Triceps

One arm overhead extensions: 30lbs 1x6

Dumbell Kickbacks: 20lbs 1x6

Cable pushdowns- 80lbs 1x6

Tricep extensions- 70lbs 1x6

My weight seems to be staying the same lately, probably because I havent been running as much. Hopefully I can finish these last few weeks off with a bang. I have been busy because I just started a new job, but I have continued to maintain the same lifting schedule, but the cardio has been hard to fit in. After I get caught up wtih some things at home I think I will be able to finish up strong.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
yeah I have upped the potassium intake to 3 tabs a day and it seems to be working pretty good. Good luck when u start back up basso.....Achilles: I wouldn't worry to much about the cramps. I'll admit they get pretty bad, but the potassium takes the cramps away for me and I think if you started off taking the potassium u might not have a problem.

Day: 24

Workout: Triceps

One arm overhead extensions: 30lbs 1x6

Dumbell Kickbacks: 20lbs 1x6

Cable pushdowns- 80lbs 1x6

Tricep extensions- 70lbs 1x6

My weight seems to be staying the same lately, probably because I havent been running as much. Hopefully I can finish these last few weeks off with a bang. I have been busy because I just started a new job, but I have continued to maintain the same lifting schedule, but the cardio has been hard to fit in. After I get caught up wtih some things at home I think I will be able to finish up strong.

Thanks for replying. I wouldn't worry to much about the scale and your weight. I'd go more off of bf and what you see in the mirror. Do you still feel like you are slimming down when you look at yourself in the mirror?

want_some_mass

Awards
Yeah achilles I do feel more lean when looking in the mirror and i guess thats the only result i really care about.

Day 25: Pull ups: 50 reps

Barbell Row: 105lbs 1x6

Lat Pulldowns: 90lbs 1x6

Dumbell Row 60lbs 1x6

Biceps: Alternating Dumbell Curls 40lbs 1x6

Straight Bar Curls 90lbs 1x6

Day 26: Day off

Day 27: Bench 220lbs 3x6

Incline Dumbell Bench 60lbs 2x6

Flat Bench 60lbs 1x6

Traps: Barbell Shurgs 175lbs 3x6

Overall today was one of my better recent workouts.

bg5757

Board Supporter
Awards
the one thing that helped for me with the cramps was taurine. i tried taking a lot of mag and potassium, but it just didn't do the trick. about 5g of taurine a day is where it's at

want_some_mass

Awards
Well I took my last dose of melting point after my last post and my total weighloss was 5lbs so I got down to 168. I did have a wierd side effect afterwards though. The next day after I stopped taking melting point I felt a little sore so I took the pottassium tabs, but it didnt help. By the end of the night it was hard to even make it up the stairs. It was by far the worst I have ever cramped up. I even had trouble sleeping at night. The next morning I was still cramping slightly, but it went away towards the end of the night so everything seems fine now.

Overall I would give this supplement a B+. The only thing keeping it from an A- is the cramps. I lost five pounds pretty quickly the first couple weeks of the cycle, but towards the end I wasn't able to fit cardio in, thats why I think the weightloss slowed down the last couple weeks. As far as cramping goes if anyone is thinking about taking this supplement if you notice that you are still cramping after taking all the recommended supps I would just stop taking the pills for a few days.