Melting Point+Basic Cuts (Quest for Abs)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User

Yeah its kind of amazing the potassium worked as well as it did. I wasnt just having minor uncomfortable cramps, I was hardly sleeping the last 2 nights they were so bad.

Day 13: Bench 225lbs 3x6 only completed 5-4-4

Incline Bench 155lbs 2x6

Dumbell Bench 60lbs 2x6

Overall todays workout was decent. I would grade it about a C plus. I also finished my last capsule of sesamax so we will see how I do from here on without it.

2. Registered User

Day: 14

Legs: Leg Curls 102.5lbs 2x10

Squats 170lbs 3x6

Dumbell Lunges 40lbs 2x8

Toe Raises: 3x10 (as I said before I have a smith machine and no other equipment as of right now, but if anyone has suggestions about another calf exercise I can do I would be glad to try it.)

Overall today went well considering I hate leg days. Good energy and tomorrow im going to add some cardio in since I have had a few days off. Current Weight 169lbs Total weight loss: 4lbs
  3. Registered User

Day 15:

Triceps: One arm overhead extensions: 20lbs 1x6

Dumbell Kickbacks 20lbs 1x6

Cable pushdowns 80lbs 1x6

Lying Tricep Extensions 75lbs 1x6

Abs:
    Cable Rope Crunches 75lbs 3x12
    Leg raises 2x20

Overall today went very well. I actually increased the weight on some of my lifts. I was pretty glad this happened since some of my chest and biceps lifts have been getting harder. I also went and ran 2 miles today as well. Cramps are still gone and there seems to be no other side effects.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Awesome man, glad to see the pot. worked for ya. Just make sure you're keeping track with your food so you don't burn any precious muscle.
  5. Registered User

Thanks Jayhawk

Sorry I havent posted for the past few days, but here is an update:

Day 16: Military Barbell 110lbs 3x6

Lateral Raises 35lbs 2x6

Seated side lateral raises 2x6

Had pretty good energy with this workout no cramps or anything to report

Day 17: 2 mile jog went well

Day: 18 Today was an off day...I should have lifted, but things got really hectic today and I didn't have a chance to....I do feel that I am starting to appear leaner when looking in the mirror.
  6. Registered User

Day 19: Back and Biceps

50 pull-ups

Barbell Row- 105 1x6

Lat Pull Downs- 90 1x6

Bent Over Row 65lbs 1x6

Alternating Dumbell Curls 40lbs 1x6

Barbell Curls 95lbs 1x6

Everything is still going well. I have had one side effect with the basic cuts that I have noticed on occasions. When you take the basic cuts sometimes you get a burning feeling in your thought. Nothing intolerable, but still kind of uncomfortable. I think it is probably from the cayenne pepper in the pills. Nothing to bad though.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by want_some_mass
    you get a burning feeling in your thought.
    ????
  8. Registered User

Basso I meant throat in that last post. I was typing 2 fast and didnt catch that mistake.

Day 20: Off day (I didn't plan on taking this day off, but a friend passed away and I attended a prayer ceremony. I plan on busting extra butt though this week in order to make up for it.)

Day 21: Chest Workout

Bench 220 3x6 ( I lowered the weight by 5lbs because I was having a rough time even getting 4 reps up of 225.)

Incline Bench 155lbs 2x6

Flat Bench 50 2x6

I also had a 2 mile jog about 8 hours after my workout. I plan on jogging 6 days this week excluding tomorrow because I have a lot of stuff I need to do tomorrow. I will left tomorrow though.

Current Weight 168lbs down 5lbs
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Basso I meant throat in that last post. I was typing 2 fast and didnt catch that mistake.
    Yeh I figured, but had to give you a hard time.
  10. Registered User

Day 22: Didn't end up working out today. I really wanted 2, but I had a dentist appointment, then work, and then after work I forgot i was suppose to go out for a friends bday....hopefully I can make up for it later this week.

Day 23: Leg workout

Squats 170lbs 3x6

Lunges 2x8 40lbs

Leg Curls 102.5lbs 2x10

Calf raises 3x10 245lbs

Abs: Cable Rope Crunches 75lbs 3x12

Leg Raises 2x20

Workouts having been getting more difficult lately, my strength has been going down. I'm thinking about picking up some hyperdrol for my next cycle to help gain back some strength and maybe doing an eca stack with that. I am happy with the results from melting point so far. I have lost 5lbs from melting point and 5 on my own before hand, but im not quite where I want to be. I am leaner and more vascular, but I still need to shed some more bodyfat before the abs become visible.
  11. Registered User

I think I reduced my calories a little to much in the begining because I was losing the weight a little 2 quickly, but since then I have upped the caloires....I have noticed the cramps the last 2 days have came back up again. Yesterday I took one potassium whihc was getting me by just fine, but I still crampped up badly. Today I took 2 and I have some slight cramping, but nothing unbearable.

Workout: Shoulders

Military Barbell: 105lbs 3x6

Side Lat raises 35lbs 2x6

seated lat raises 2x6

Overall today went well....I lowerde the weight on the military 5 pounds and I finished all 6 reps and no strength has really demisinsed as far as the lat raises go.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

You may want to throw some magnesium in at night, are those 90mg tabs of Potas. if they are I would just go to 3 a day, those cramps can really suck! Good to see your hanging on to some strength, I stopped my Mp/Bc cycle for now, just wanted to spend a month with no supps, try to clear my system out and get my diet near perfect. 1Aug it's game time again, unless I'm making good progress.
  13. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::

Nice log. Been trying to figure out what I want to take for weightloss after I get my diet pretty much where I want it. MP/BC combo looks promising, but all the cramps everyone is getting keeps me away from buying it(at least right now). Keep up the good work.
  14. Registered User

yeah I have upped the potassium intake to 3 tabs a day and it seems to be working pretty good. Good luck when u start back up basso.....Achilles: I wouldn't worry to much about the cramps. I'll admit they get pretty bad, but the potassium takes the cramps away for me and I think if you started off taking the potassium u might not have a problem.

Day: 24

Workout: Triceps

One arm overhead extensions: 30lbs 1x6

Dumbell Kickbacks: 20lbs 1x6

Cable pushdowns- 80lbs 1x6

Tricep extensions- 70lbs 1x6

My weight seems to be staying the same lately, probably because I havent been running as much. Hopefully I can finish these last few weeks off with a bang. I have been busy because I just started a new job, but I have continued to maintain the same lifting schedule, but the cardio has been hard to fit in. After I get caught up wtih some things at home I think I will be able to finish up strong.
  15. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::

yeah I have upped the potassium intake to 3 tabs a day and it seems to be working pretty good. Good luck when u start back up basso.....Achilles: I wouldn't worry to much about the cramps. I'll admit they get pretty bad, but the potassium takes the cramps away for me and I think if you started off taking the potassium u might not have a problem.

Day: 24

Workout: Triceps

One arm overhead extensions: 30lbs 1x6

Dumbell Kickbacks: 20lbs 1x6

Cable pushdowns- 80lbs 1x6

Tricep extensions- 70lbs 1x6

My weight seems to be staying the same lately, probably because I havent been running as much. Hopefully I can finish these last few weeks off with a bang. I have been busy because I just started a new job, but I have continued to maintain the same lifting schedule, but the cardio has been hard to fit in. After I get caught up wtih some things at home I think I will be able to finish up strong.

Thanks for replying. I wouldn't worry to much about the scale and your weight. I'd go more off of bf and what you see in the mirror. Do you still feel like you are slimming down when you look at yourself in the mirror?
  16. Registered User

Yeah achilles I do feel more lean when looking in the mirror and i guess thats the only result i really care about.

Day 25: Pull ups: 50 reps

Barbell Row: 105lbs 1x6

Lat Pulldowns: 90lbs 1x6

Dumbell Row 60lbs 1x6

Biceps: Alternating Dumbell Curls 40lbs 1x6

Straight Bar Curls 90lbs 1x6

Day 26: Day off

Day 27: Bench 220lbs 3x6

Incline Dumbell Bench 60lbs 2x6

Flat Bench 60lbs 1x6

Traps: Barbell Shurgs 175lbs 3x6

Overall today was one of my better recent workouts.
  17. Board Supporter

the one thing that helped for me with the cramps was taurine. i tried taking a lot of mag and potassium, but it just didn't do the trick. about 5g of taurine a day is where it's at
  18. Registered User

Well I took my last dose of melting point after my last post and my total weighloss was 5lbs so I got down to 168. I did have a wierd side effect afterwards though. The next day after I stopped taking melting point I felt a little sore so I took the pottassium tabs, but it didnt help. By the end of the night it was hard to even make it up the stairs. It was by far the worst I have ever cramped up. I even had trouble sleeping at night. The next morning I was still cramping slightly, but it went away towards the end of the night so everything seems fine now.

Overall I would give this supplement a B+. The only thing keeping it from an A- is the cramps. I lost five pounds pretty quickly the first couple weeks of the cycle, but towards the end I wasn't able to fit cardio in, thats why I think the weightloss slowed down the last couple weeks. As far as cramping goes if anyone is thinking about taking this supplement if you notice that you are still cramping after taking all the recommended supps I would just stop taking the pills for a few days.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Melting Point/Basic Cuts
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 07:17 AM
  2. Melting Point/Basic Cuts stack
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
  3. cAMPH, powerFULL, melting point, basic cuts
    By apron in forum Supplements